Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earthlydelights_gw

~~june queen of the month~~sue g/sguanzon

earthlydelights
16 years ago

Sue,

So, your reign begins.
Here's hoping you have a wonderful birthday, an excellent month of being spoiled and pampered, and are treated to some wonderful goodies.

Comments (34)

• galium
    16 years ago

Maryanne, great graphic animations!!!

{{gwi:1272385}}

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

When I blow out the candles on my birthday cake (assuming I don't set the house on fire!) I'm going to make a wish that I could look like EITHER ONE of those pictures - LOL!

Thank you !

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL sue. in my mind, that's exactly how you look!

mariann, i was looking for something similar to what you posted, but that one popped up first, so i used it.

sue, any special wishes?

maryanne

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Special wishes? Hmmmmm let's see.

Antonio Banderas?

Just kidding. (sigh).

I'm just so darn pleased to be Queen!

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i'll clean him off and send him along LMAO

i'll work on your box next week. too hot and besides, i'm going away for the weekend. too hot down here, hopefully the mountains are a little more pleasant.

enjoy!
    maryanne

• snyder
    16 years ago

Sue I sent your box today. Conf# is 0306 1070 0002 9248 6183. Ann

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Sue,
    Your box went out today, USPS #0306 1070 0004 0386 7016.

Enjoy your month, Queen Sue!

Deb

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

I received boxes from Ann and Deb - they both arrived on my birthday Thursday!

Ann sent me a beautiful windchime with all sorts of colored birds and an adorable birdhouse. - my cats were intrigued!

Also yummy chocostix and pudding pie mix and a cute lucky bamboo with story.
    And something called a "jelly cell mate" really unique - you put it on your dashboard- it lays flat and it will hold your glasses or cell or whatever without them slipping off - tried it - it really works!
    and note cards - I can always use these - and a cute frog with a "bug off" sign. Put him out on the patio maybe he'll keep the skeeters away - LOL! And a mini manicure set - almost bought one the other day but didn't - thanks! A nice tea bag assortment and a country woman collectors magazine. And lastly a lovely prayer book - my prayers are with you Ann that you are feeling better.

And Deb sent me an assortment of seeds and all sorts of bulbs (dahlia, glads, oxalis, sparaxis) for my containers and a blackeyed susan grow kit. Garden gloves and garden journal, really large metal plant markers and nice smelling gardenia lotion and body gel - I'll have to hide this from DD!

Thanks ladies you really made me feel like a Queen!

Sue

• galium
    16 years ago

Sue,
    I mailed your birthday box today.
    DC# 0103 8555 7490 8489 5407

Hope everything arrives safely.
    Mariann

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Thanks Mariann, I'll watch for it!

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

I received the most wonderful box of plants from Mariann and a really nice card and some very cute pot sitters too!

The plants I got were:

a dark orange Cyranthus
    white winter jasmine
    two daylilys! Pardon Me and Happy Returns
    and what looks to be a sweet potato vine, one of my faves!

The plants were so well packaged Mariann, thank you so very much.
    It is so wonderful to open a box and see all that green!
    The green on plants back east is just so deep and vibrant compared to our "desert green".

Thanks for a very special day

• galium
    16 years ago

Sue-That one is Chocolate Joe Pye Weed: Eupatorium rugosum. Hope the tag didn't fall out. I'm so happy they arrived safely.
    Happy Birthday,
    Mariann

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Oh goody! One of my favorites Mariann, thank you!

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    16 years ago

sue, i haven't forgotten about you. between weather and life, my time was sucked dry.

maryanne

• joy_garden
    16 years ago

Happy B-day!

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I totally know how it is Maryanne, time seems like it's flying by and I never get everything done!

Sue G.

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

Sue,
    I haven't forgotten about you. I plan on getting your package in the mail on Monday. We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen. So I have been busy trying to keep the dust out of at least part of the house. I'm still having to water plants every day. Even though areas within a mile of my house have had a couple rain showers, we have not had any rain here in 3 weeks.
    I'm sorry to be so slow with everyone's packages. I have great intentions, but then the time just flies by.

Ginger

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Ginger, we just got through with a bunch of work on our house (actually haven't finished putting everything back in place) roof, paint, tile, etc. Took us nearly a year to get everything done.

Sorry about no rain, I know about watering every day. We never get any rain here.

Thanks for thinking of me.

• monipsych
    16 years ago

I'm working on your package, I'll get it out within the next say or 2. I'll post.
    Monica

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Sue,Looks like I am bringing up the rear this month as far as your Queen boxes go.Can't wait til I can get off my rear and actually get something done around here.My garden looks like a weed bed.LOL Hopefully soon I will be back doing all the things I love.Yep I actually am one of the ones who enjoys weeding.hee hee Anyway....Your box will go out tomorrow so you have it by the end of the week.Hope you have been enjoying your reign.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Hope you get to feeling better real soon Nancy. Hugs to you too!

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Queen Sue,My sister is mailing for me your royal box at the postoffice thismorning and it will be on its way to you.#0103 8555 7490 7654 2395
    I hope you have enjoyed your reign Queen Sue : ))
    Hugs,
    Nancy...aka.... your loyal subject : )

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Thank you M'Lady Nancy. I'll be on the watch for it!

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    16 years ago

sue, sorry to be so far behind, but your box went out today. i'll post your confirmation number later.

sorry to be so late, but i wasn't sure what to send you after just having you as a swap partner in OBF. hope you like what i sent.

maryanne

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

I'm sure whatever you sent was just perfect! Thanks so much Maryanne, I'll post when it arrives!

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Nancy's (cedarnest) box came yesterday!

First was a beautiful box with assorted birds on the outside, and inside was the most lovely figurine of hummingbirds hovering over a cactus flower - so nice and so appropriate too! I get the biggest kick out of my two hummingbirds that feed in front of my family room window every morning and afternoon, a green one and a black one, they are a riot....

Next was a huge amaryllis belladona naked lady followed by metal plant markers (always needed) and an assortment of bulbs, ixia pink, oxalis doppei pink, calla majestic red, tigridia mexican shellflowers, and oxalis fals shamrock iron cross.

Thanks for such a thoughtful lovely package Nancy.

And you'll have to give me some tips regarding the bulbs, should I hold on to them until winter? Let me know.

Thanks again. It's great to be Queen!

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Queen Sue,You are very welcome.I am so glad everything arrived ok.I just emailed you the info on the bulbs.I hope they do well for you and come back every year like they are supposed to.I couldn't resist sending you the figurine.I thought when I 1st saw it that it would be perfect for you.I just adore hummingbirds.We only have Ruby Throated up here.I bet the ones you have are really neat looking.

This weekend it is supposed to be HOT here again.I am already melting just thinking about it.LOL It wouldn't be so bad but with heat comes horrid humidity up here and that makes it pretty yucky.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your reign : ))
    Nancy

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Hot LOL! Want to talk hot. We've had 10 straight days over 110 and probably will see another 10 straight more.

We're only supposed to be 106 this time of year - LOL!

No seriously, hope everyone is finally getting weather their plants need!

• galium
    16 years ago

Sue I hope you've had a terrific birthday month.

My sister lives in Tucson and she keeps us updated on the temperatures. The 3 times I've been out there it's always been in the spring.

Take care,
    Mariann

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

I received boxes from Maryanne and from Debbie on Friday!

I opened Maryanne's to find festively wrapped Happy Birthday items - mini first aid kit (good idea I'm always poking myself - lol!), montbretias mixed bulbs and pecan brittle (nummy!)
    and PLANTS! a rose of sharon, yarrow, sedum, mint (smells wonderful) and a tradescantia - this looks just like one I lost last year - was one of my favorites - this is perfect!
    and Victoria Secret bodysplash and cream, a Hallmark mag (never seen this one - thanks) and a Garden design mag (beautiful) and a kitchen towel with a gardening angel on it. Thanks so much Maryanne!

Debbie's box included a home sweet home plaque (went right up in my kitchen), a bouncing butterfly hanging (haven't seen these - really neat), a parrot flag, a frog on a rock (I actually have two smaller ones like this and I put this guy in the middle he fits right in!) and a beautiful large sturdy garden tote full of garden tools - thanks so much for the thoughtful gifts, Debbie!

It's still great to be Queen!

• monipsych
    16 years ago

I'm glad your having a good month! And I did get your package mailed yesterday so hopefully you'll see it Mon. or Tue. I have DC but not handy I'll post it when I get the chance.
    Monica

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Received my box from Monica!

First I received soooooo many packets of seeds, amazing - commercial packs and some from her garden as well too many to list here. Some I've really wanted to try. Thanks!

Also, the cutest little turtle who hangs on the outside of a pot. A perovskia root and mixed lillies bulbs, a lovely box of note cards (I can always use those), a fat journal book, a beautiful tart burner decorated with flowers, a patriotic spinner and wall hanging and red and blue stars salt and pepper set (just in time for the 4th!).

I love everything. It sure was great to be Queen!

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

Sue,

I'm sorry the package from me did not arrive before the end of June. It is on the way conf# 03070020000504790494
    and hopefully will arrive soon.

Ginger

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Received my box from Ginger, large box with some wonderful things including a large plastic box and a smaller decorated ceramic one - it made it through the mail just fine. and a note pad I can always use those. Thanks Ginger, I loved everything.

Well, that completes my "Queenly" month - hope everyone is getting their boxes out to Galium for July. Thanks again.