Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raggedyann161420

interest in a bearded iris swap

raggedyann161420
16 years ago

THIS IS JUST TO GET AN IDEA IF PEOPLE WOULD BE INTERESTED

I'm wondering if there would be enough interest in a First Annual Iris Swap. There seems to be one for Daylily and Hosta, but I've never seen one for Bearded iris.

I know I try to start dividing my around the end of June and July. But I understand that up North it would be later.

Again, this is just to see if there would be enough interest. PLMK, I would love to host one.

LIFE IS GOOD,

Annie

Comments (21)

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I would love it!
    Alana

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Alana, I want to thank you again. The "Blue Angel" is blooming its heart out.

Also, I wanted to say any suggestions, and input is most welcome on the Rules for this Swap. I did fail to mention this would be for "Named Iris.

Thanks again,
    Annie

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

You are very welcome! I am glad it is doing well for you.
    I hope this swap takes off.

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Annie-I would love to do a named iris swap count me in.

Shirley

• laurelin
    16 years ago

I would be interested, too - especially in historics, but any would find a happy home with me (or my parents, who love irises by never keep their name tags, LOL).

Laurel

• skohler
    16 years ago

Annie
    I would love to be in on this but many of my named Irises I have tagged for you & shirley :) already .
    I have many unnamed BEAUTIES tht need good homes :)).

Best of luck with this trade maybe next year I will have many more named ones ready to divide :) & to trade with.

susie

• mareas
    16 years ago

I'd be interested, Annie!

The secret hosta swaps work so well that I'm thinking following that format would be a good idea: maybe sending 3 named iris (more if you want) to the partner assigned by swap host by a certain date (July 15th?) and emailing the swap host the delivery confirmation # when mailed...

marea

• namso
    16 years ago

Annie,
    oh what a great idea! would love to play but divided all my named last year. if you end up having a sub-unnamed option lmk :).

Cindy

• mkruby7
    16 years ago

In October am going to host on "garden decorating RR " - Bulb/tuber swap. But if you get more people to join, I will join.

Just let me know, mkruby7

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Annie,
    Kick me, oh please kick me...I say...YES!!!Oh what is a few more:)I keep saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, Tend to what I have, but you hit on a soft spot in me:)Anita

• ramazz
    16 years ago

Hi, I might be interested. I recently had people on the Iris forum help me name my iris for me. Now if I can remember which one is which in the yard, I will be okay.

Becky
    ramazz

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

little bump

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

annie, based on the time, conditions and all the other stuff that goes along with a swap, i have some interest. i wouldn't be doing anything with mine until late july, beginning of august.

have you decided on how this swap is going to work? how many we send, etc.? i'll wait to hear from you.

thanks
    maryanne

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ARound the end of July I will post a First Annual Iris Swap then we can send out on or before the last of August.

Like Marea mentioned, we can send at least 3 named, but more if you want.

I can do this for unnamed iris, as long as you know the color, for those that have no named to play with.

I have to run, time for me to go to work.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• neilzzzz
    16 years ago

Hello,

I would love to join, if you have an un-named swap??? A lot of mine have names, but I have no idea what most of the names are...

Thanks,

Neil

• rennep
    16 years ago

I would like to join in if it is an un-named swap. Renne'

• carrlinesue
    16 years ago

yes very interested

• mary_s
    16 years ago

Annie, I would be interested in the iris swap....MaryS

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

I have idea! There are several of us who are interested (include me in this group) who have no named varieties, but would want to play.

How's about you simply match us up with each other??? I don't mind trading no-names with another player who also has no-names. Then you don't have to run a separate swap...just match us up...unless you just don't want us to play *sniff*

I totally understand if you would rather just keep it simple, though with named only.

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just bumping this up, I was out in the iris today and pulled a
    few.

Is everyone ready!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

What I will do is run one for Named and another for UNNAMED. Because, I sometime have a memory deficency and doing it this way will help me big time! :O) :O)

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie