Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cannahavana

8000! Traveling Daylilies

cannahavana
17 years ago

{{gwi:1245789}}

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of talented , generous and spirited traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. The way into this group is to have traded with at least one of us and to be recommended for membership by one of more members of the group. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

Alrighy, I guess I will host this thread. Marea must be out struttin' in her pot ghetto, or horse whispering, or maybe she has been permanantly pressed at the cleaners. Or, MAYBE she is hitting the Montana highway on the back of a Harley!

Marea, I will have a box on it's way to you tomorrow. Also, one to to MaryB. Thank you for being so patient with me!

Canna

Comments (101)

• User
    17 years ago

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about Bailey. What a shock. I hope you managed to break the news to your children, they must have been devastated. Nine years is a long time to love a pet and lose him so unexpectedly. I have you all in my prayers.
    Dianne/dian57

• skohler
    17 years ago

Gm wanted to share a couple pictures to ask if anyone know the names of these.
    I Know this is an Iris & this is the 1st year it has bloomed. Smells like Coco

{{gwi:2103646}}

this one is popping up all over & I have not a clue
    as where it has come from .
    It hasn't started to Bloom yet but loaded with buds .
    {{gwi:2103647}}

Carmen Going to get you Vacation Box Ready today
    sure hope your ready for this vacation :)) .
    well lots to do today .
    maryann sorry for your lost .
    Happy BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE BIRTHDAY FRIENDS
    This Month .

susie

• namso
    17 years ago

Mary,
    im so sorry to hear of the loss of your Bailey. thoughts and prayers with you & yours.
    Cindy

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

mary, i am so sorry for your heartache over the loss of bailey. my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

maryanne

• dirtpig
    17 years ago

HUGS Mary so sorry for your loss..will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Jean/Dirtpig

• mareas
    17 years ago

dear MaryB - I was posting at the same time you were yesterday & I didn't see your post about your beloved Bailey. My sincere condolences on your loss. I hope you do take comfort knowing she got to leave peacefully being right there with you. My prayers for you & your family. Marea

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

Happy birthday belatedly to Sherri, Anita and Annie. We miss you Annie, hope you get back with us soon!

MaryB, I'm so sorry for your heartbreak of losing your
    Bailey. They are so much a part of the family it is just as painful when we lose them.

Dawn, I can't believe how much progress ya'll have made already. It is looking great! I really like your bed you put in. Your irises are gorgeous. I especially love Spin Off.

Thank you all for your kind words about our Andy. He's home now and doing ok. He goes back to get his 16 staples out Friday and then we will start physical therapy to try to get the use of his back legs back. He's already trying to use them but we're having to keep him in a large cage to keep him from moving around too much too soon.

Cindy, your fountain is really nice. I can't wait to see it when everything fills out. I love the before and after pics.

My large bed in the back is really filling in this year. This is it's "leap" year.

Has anyone heard anything from Joey?

Gloria, I hope you are feeling better and will be back with us soon. We want the details on the wedding too ASAP.

Shirley, I'm glad your sale went well! I hope you are feeling better too and will soon be back to normal.

Sue, hope your knee gets well quickly. I know how that feels. I had surgery on one of mine a few years ago and it sure did help.

Cindy, hope your knee gets well fast too. It's all that squatting in the garden that gets us all. ;-) But it is worth it!

Hello to all I missed and have a great night.

Nancy

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

Oh Mary, how terribly sad! Such nice dogs, those Chessies are. She must have just died suddenly - dogs have sudden things like strokes, too. I know the awful pain of losing the extra fine dog in your life. I am so sorry.

Everybody's gardens are waking up. Mine, too. Weeds got a head start this early spring, too, so there's been lots of bent over folks around here. Daylilies came up early and some did notice the frosts we've had. We tented the kirengeshoma as last year it was killed back so badly by a very late snow it made only 2 blooms. Most plants look marvelous.

Happy birthdays - I missed everybody's! Anyway...

My fingers are all dried out from transplanting a million teeny seedlings. Why isn't it possible to sow just a few tiny seeds? What madness causes us to think, oh heck, I'll just sprinkle...I have some nice bellflower seedlings from seed of 'Axminster Streaked'. It'll be fun to see if any streak.

Jean, I have the nicest, streaky D.B. hosta seedling for you. Really nice! Did you start the seed I sent? What did you get? Only one other of mine was streaky - 1 for you, 1 for me. Perfect!

Dawn - love your little terraced tree garden. Next spring let's compare wildflowers, and I'll see if I can send you a few you don't have.

Nancy I'm glad Andy is home and getting better.

Susie, your plant looks like Dame's Rocket, Hesperis matronalis. Mine is blooming now, too. Check out the whole plant image on the link below. It's a pretty thing - took me 3 years to get some going from seed.

How can you have blooming iris already? Mine are showing color now, but the Chinese and Japanese aren't sure it's really spring yet.

Sherri - Thanks for the advice. It's ridiculous this Medicare Prescription deal is so difficult; I wonder how many people just give it up and pick one. We found one that fits our needs - signing on tonight.

Cody - You done good! My DH won't let me near a greenhouse, nursery, etc. Says I have enough. If only he knew my deepest secret plan to completely ENGULF THE ENTIRE PROPERTY IN BLOOMS!!!!! Ah well, things multiply, and then you divide and then they multiply again......

Sharon has discovered the secret of canna preservation! Incredible! Our new cat keeps digging deep holes in our big pots so DH put big rocks all over the soil. Now we'll see how they like highly compacted kitty juice.

Shirley - we had a lady just north of us who sold daylilies every spring for over 50 years - of course, I was busy with everything else and never stopped in...now I wonder what treasures she might have had! Anyway, if I lived closer, I'd be at your iris sale!

Our first hummers are here, too! And the Buzzards are back in Brinkhaven. Hmmm, doesn't have the same ring as Hinckley...

Anybody finding morels?

I have seeds from my red Amaryllis, and sprouts, too, if anybody wants any.

Keep well. Dig big holes. Shop.

Barb

Here is a link that might be useful: Hesperis matronalis

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Susie and Barb, please remember that Dames Rocket is a very invasive plant out in the wild. There are places around here that have been completely over-run with it. It has crowded out the local plants.
    Sharon

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Morning all!

MaryB, (((BIG HUGS)))to you and your family. I hope today is a better day!

Happy belated to Sherry, Anita, and Annie!!!!!!

You northern folks are freezing me to death! My plants are about 2 weeks ahead this year with the mild winter we had. All my plants from indoors have been out for a month now. I replanted my brugs in the ground and two are covered in buds! I even have a DL blooming this week, MOONLIT MASQUARADE and tons of scapes coming up. We have lots of cool new flowers this year and nice bonuses with our orders. I have had various iris' blooming for about a month.

Deni, the louisianna and Jap. iris you brought me are doing great. I lost one that I think I planted to deep.

Joey! My 'Mr. Man' iris is blooming! Also the Bletillas you sent me like two years ago.

I went to my favorite green house, Stanley's, last week end and bought a bunch of coleus to put in my containers. I also bought abutilon 'gold dust' (loving these), variegated alstromeria, huchera 'snow mound'(I think) and a few other goodies. Doug bought a couple of really cool conifers for our new front bed. One of them is a deciduous evergreen (can you say oxymoron?) We bought them at Beaver Creek nursery. The vice president of the conifer society works there and gave us great advice and info on choosing. We have never grown conifers, but have always wanted some. I think they both are mature at around 15 feet.

I can't remember if I told you all that our garden will be open to the public next month. Our DL club is hosting this year's Regional in region 10 (Kentucky/Tennessee). We were invited to join a few weeks ago and boy do we have alot of work to do before June 18th! We have to mulch, paint our garden shed, finish up the outside of the house from last fall.

Yesterday, I bought myself a birthday, anniversary, mother's day gift! I went out and bought a new sewing machine! Yeah, I know, woo-hoo so exciting, LOL! But, I have really gotten into quilting over the winter and had machines older than me to work with.

Speaking of aniversary, Doug and I celebrated our 11th on Saturday the 6th. Guess what I got for an aniversary present? A new beautiful shiny blue cauk gun and two new toilet seats! I didn't know the 11th one was cauk and pastic? LOL!

Alrighty, I have a friend here at GW that would like to join us. She wanted to join us for the Hosta Shuffle, but I told her I didn't know if it was officially closed yet. Her name is Maryanne and goes by Mari5us here on GW. She lives here in TN, and I have met her at a couple of local plant swaps last year. I camped next to her at last year's Mid-Tennessee plant swap below Nashville. She's a great gal very giving of her garden. We have swapped plants in person a couple of times now. I will be seeing her at a local plant swap here in Knoxville in a couple of weeks. I would really love for her to join us and I will be glad to be her host. ...

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    I think this is the best way I can post this for Jo, This is the E-mail she sent me last night.
    HI my best buddy,
    Mom passed away today at 12:05 this afternoon.
    I couldn't call and talk. I just can't right now. I need a day or so please.
    If you could, please let our group know, I just don't have the heart to go and post or even send an e-mail right now.
    I have so much to get through in the next few days, and I HAVE to hold it together till after the funeral.
    The memorial service will be this Saturday at 2. At the Veddar and Scott funeral home in Odessa.
    I love you lots and will call you in a couple of days

Jo

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Dear friend Jo,
    My heart is aching for you upon hearing of your Mother's passing. I am so sorry. Please know that we are all here for you.

A poem for you and your Mother......

God looked around his Garden and found an empty place.
    He then looked down upon his earth and saw your loving face.

He put his arms around you and lifted you to rest.
    His Garden must be beautiful, he always takes the best.
    He knew that you were suffering, he knew you were in pain.
    And knew that you would never get well on earth again.
    He saw your path was difficult, he closed you tired eyes,
    He whispered to you "Peace be Thine" and gave you wings to fly.
    When we saw you sleeping so calm and free of pain,
    We would not wish you back to earth to suffer once again.
    You've left us precious memories, your love will be our guide,
    You live on through your children, you're always by our side.
    It broke our hearts to lose you, but you did not go alone.
    For part of us went with you on the day God called you home

My deepest sympathies to you Jo and your family,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Jo, My heart goes out to you.
    Hugs,
    Sharon/tma

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

dearest jo, my heartfelt sympathies are with you at this time. what a treasure of a daughter you were to have been there to laugh, cry, talk, smile or just sit with your mother in the last months/weeks/days/minutes/seconds of her life. may God continue to bless you in all your days on earth. you remain in my prayers.

i am forever mindful of a passage from the gospel of Matthew:
    Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and
    the ears of the deaf unstopped. Then will the
    lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue
    shout for joy.

know that your dear mother is whole again in the company of Our Lord as well as those loved ones who passed before her.

maryanne
    ============================================================
    LEGACY OF LOVE

A wife, a mother, a grandma too,
    This is the legacy we have from you.
    You taught us love and how to fight,
    You gave us strength, you gave us might.
    A stronger person would be hard to find,
    And in your heart, you were always kind.
    You fought for us all in one way or another,
    Not just as a wife not just as a mother.
    For all of us you gave your best,
    Now the time has come for you to rest.
    So go in peace, you've earned your sleep,
    Your love in our hearts, we'll eternally keep.

• namso
    17 years ago

Jo,
    Im so sorry on the loss of your mom. Many condolances and prayers for you and your family.
    Cindy

• bourret
    17 years ago

Jo,

I'm so very sorry about your mother. Just think, she is in a better place now.

Love,
    Lisa

• skohler
    17 years ago

Barb Thank you for telling me about the plant .
    the flower has not came out on it yet , I looked up the dames rocket but this dose not look like the same leaf:((
    I will know when it blooms :))

looks as if we are in for a few rainy days so guess it will be a good time to get caught up with my house work :)) .

have a great night all
    susie

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

Jo, I am so sorry for your loss. I can think of nothing that hurts as badly as losing your "MAMA" and nobody will ever take her place. She will be with you forever in your heart. As your family shares their happy memories of time spent with her it will bring her back to you so do it often. We all love you and send you the warmest, biggest hugs to help bear your pain. I'm sure each of us would love to lend an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry away your pain.

Nancy

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Jo, I Love U

• mareas
    17 years ago

Dear sister Jo, Nancy especially & everybody have already found a way to articulate what is in my heart, too, about your Mother passing on, but if you need anything.. ~ marea
    {{gwi:1320633}}

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Hey, was it you Barb that liked the Rex Begonias????
    I went to the bestest and cheapest nursery around here for summer planting and guess what they had? LOL
    As I walked in I saw a lady coming out with these really cool looking plants. Yep, Rex Begonias! I always do a planter for my shaded front porch, and this year it will have a rex begonia in it. A 'Chicago Fire' Rex Begonia to be exact. I'm pretty excited about it.
    I'll try the rocks on top of the soil next fall when I bring in a couple of pots. Now how to stop the 'bad cat' from peeing on the kids backpacks ... (Vet says he has no health problems.)

Rebecca - Oh, I love the conifers too. If I had a bigger yard, I would have a conifer garden. I've seen a couple of those at some gardens, and what an impression they make. Also, they look great in the winter.
    And you deserve to 'freeze' knowing you are making us 'hot' with your descriptions of what is blooming there. grin
    And, And, how exciting about your gardens being open to the public!
    And,And, And, Happy Anniversery! (I've gotten toilet seats for Mothers Day before, LOL)
    And, And, And, And, Loved the wall hanging!

Finally getting rid of the old refrigerator from the cottage. It is 60 years old and still working. We Just needed something with more room. The people that came to take the coolant out said they hadn't seen one like it for some time. I laughed when he said, 'I know it still works, right?' Then he said, "I hope your new one lasts for 5 years." Yikes, he is probably right.

Going to rain here for several days now, good!, the garden needs it.

Sharon/tma

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jo, I hope you can feel the love and hugs from our group and take comfort that we are here for you... Your Mother raised a wonderful daughter and I am sure she was very proud of you.

Beautiful words Dawn and Maryanne.

Rebecca

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Jo,
    My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family. So glad your son was there to see her one last time. We miss them so but we have to be happy because she is at peace now. Cherish those fun and happy memories forever. All her disabilities have now disappered. My oh my how wonderful it must feel to stand in the presence of Jesus.
    Looking forward to it.

Shirley

• luvmybulbs
    17 years ago

Oh I haven't been on in a couple of days. Jo I am so sorry. Rember your mom wil always be with you. She is no longer suffering. Take care of yourself and be strong.

Anita now I know why everyone wants to trade with you :o)
    She sent me I believe it was 13 different daylilys and 13 differnt iris and about 10-12 cannas. I will post which ones when I get them wrote out and the rest of the stuff.

Marea, I received the cannas, I will get you a box out soon girl. Thanks so much. I have them planted and it has been raining all day so hopefully they will start taking off.

Got to do so bulb packing, will try to get back on later.

Someone here sent me a cool iris last year and it bloomed today but it is so yucky I hope I get a good picture to post for you all.

Take care
    Angie

• budsnblooms
    17 years ago

I am so sorry Jo. Everyone has already said it so much better than I can, but I think you know that I, along with everyone else, is thinking and praying for you and your family.

Gloria, I hope you and DH are feeling better and on the mend.

Mary B...I'm sorry for the loss of your dear friend Bailey.

Sorry for the short note, but will post pictures soon. I have some already taken, I just have to download them from the camera.

Debbie/budsnblooms

• mary_s
    17 years ago

Hi all...

Jo I am so sorry to hear about your mother. My prayers and sympathy for you and your family. Others said it so well. Such beautiful poems.

MaryB. It was so sad about your dear dog, Bailey. Thinking of you, too.

Canna I just love the flag wall quilt....The pics really do not do it justice! What a special gift from a special friend!

That reminds me...I really need to take some pics and post them. I have 3 mini-iris blooming. They are so pretty!

Guess what? I have daylily buds! (Hyperion and Stella)This is right in the middle of zone 4 and we could still get a frost. I can tell our earlier frosts did affect some of my daylilies. Hope they will come out of it. Most of the hostas look fine. There is no way I can begin to cover up everything!

I got an order today from Ensata. The fans are huge! Hopefully tomorrow will be nice enough to plant.

I am so excited. I grew hosta seedlings in 2001, and some of them have turned out real cool. I may have to share one with my hosta trade buddy! Its leaves are long and skinny and very ruffly.It seems to be a small one too! I did DL seeds last year so will be anxious to see what I have in a couple of years! They did all come up this spring.

Gloria, how are you doing?
    Well I have gone on long enough. Mary

• mellen
    17 years ago

Jo, I just want to let you know that I am continuing to pray for you and your family--for comfort, for the healing that will come, and the Holy Spirit to hold you close. Mary Ellen

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

Jo, I'm thinking of you and holding you close to my heart. I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom and the sadness that you and your family are feeling right now. I am so glad that you were able to take that time to care for her these past few weeks. Will be saying a prayer for you all.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and prayers for us all in the loss of our girl Bailey. It's been a really rough week. Things are definitely not the same around here. Our other dog, Chelsea, our yellow lab, seems at such a loss without Bailey. We have been pouring double love and attention into her.

Been working hard in the garden, still trying to get ahead of the weeding and mulching - never ending, but things are finally starting to shape up.

CindyO, was checking out your hosta list and thought hmmmm.... she lost some of the same ones I did this year, interesting. Then when I was watering last night, I found that a few had just broken the ground yesterday. Still have a few that haven't made an appearance yet, so I'm still holding out hope. So, don't give up on those that you think are gone yet. Keep checking for them. Just like daylilies, there are some that are later than others.

Anita, how was your weekend getaway?

Jealous of everyone who has daylily scapes (I don't care if they are Stellas - I want some).

Canna, beautiful wall hanging. Lucky MaryS!

Debbie, still looking for more plant markers for you - no luck yet.

Lisa, did you ever fill out any of the questionnaires when you joined our group? If so could you (OR ANYONE) please forward to me?????? Need a little help here! Debbie, maybe you have a copy of something?

Better go - things to do this morning. Have a good day everyone.
    MaryB
    Optional Link URL:

Name of the Link:

A copy of your follow-up will automatically be emailed to the original poster.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------
    Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum
    GARDENING ADS
    Outdoor Garden Fountain
    Tomato Seed
    Water Garden Supply
    Composting

Sponsored Links from Yahoo! What's this?
    Home Greenhouse Kits
    Affordable greenhouse kits in a variety of sizes for home use. Extend your ...
    www.hoophouse.com Custom Glass on Green Houses
    Let the outdoors in with a custom built stunning glass house. The perfect ...
    www.parishconservatories.com Home Greenhouse
    Greenhouses in every size. Start gardening all year around. Since it's modular ...
    www.improvementscatalog.com Home Greenhouses by Sturdi-Built
    Beautiful redwood and glass greenhouse kits. Each one customized to meet your ...
    www.sturdi-built.com

Join : Garden Forums : Home Forums : Exchanges & Trading : Member Pages : Contact Us

© 2006 iVillage Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service : Privacy Policy : Policies FAQ : Advertising

• pins2006
    17 years ago

Jo, I am so sorry about you mom. Please remember that you will see her again. This separation is temporary, and the reunion will be forever with the Lord.

Carmen

• skohler
    17 years ago

Pins : Just woundering if you recieved your vacation box yet . can't tell by this conf#
    Label/Receipt Number: 0305 1720 0002 5542 3025

Your item arrived at 5:24 am on May 10, 2006 in DECATUR, GA 30030. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

maybe you might get it today :)) I hope sure the plants will need a good drink :)) .

Jo Sorry For your lost Just know that your mother is in good hands now & she will always be with you :))
    can hardly wait to read about everyones vacation :))
    Happy Gardening all rainy day here so will be working inside :)) .

susie

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just had a message from Anita, and she asked me to tell you this......

"Can you please let the group know, I am thinking of them all, I guess the loss of Jo's Mom has hit me way harder than I thought it was going to"

I am so glad that Jo has such a sweetheart of a friend up there in NY to help comfort her during this difficult time.

Thanks Anita : )

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

Canna, your quilt is beautiful! Mary S. is very lucky and I'm sure she's proud of her new prized possession.

Jo, I hope you are bearing up well. I'm still keeping you close to my heart.

Angie, Anita sent me a huge box last year too. She can really pack them in there but then so can you. I think everything you sent me is still alive.

I am ever amazed at the energy that all of you seem to have. I wish you could bottle and sell it and I'd be the first customer. ;-)

Mair, the daylilies we traded for are looking good. They have multiplied and are in a pot. I still say that the ones I left in pots have grown more than the ones I planted. I can't wait to see them bloom.

I have stellas blooming and several others with buds. It's getting closer. Now I'll be rushing home in the afternoon to see what is blooming. That is the fun of it!

Take care all, hugs to everybody,

Nancy

• mareas
    17 years ago

Canna - your quilt is just phenomenal!!

Photos Nancy photos!?!

I am in Iris heaven!! Hi Low Silver is the most fragrant iris I have ever met & it is perfuming my whole house with a cross between lily of the valley, jasmine & hosta.. *sigh*
    And look - my Ashland iris are becoming a hedge!
    {{gwi:2103648}}
    Ok - back I go to watering - hugs to everybody, too ~marea

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

good morning everyone.

i'm a little early with it, but i won't be around this weekend, my mother is being discharged today from her knee surgery, so i'll be with her. sooooooooooooo

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to one and all. Enjoy your day to its fullest.

Maryanne

• skohler
    17 years ago

Anyone Know how to get ahold of pins Her box still cannot be delivered to her it is in the post office . with live plant maybe dead by now I'm sick over this .

Label/Receipt Number: 0305 1720 0002 5542 3025

We attempted to deliver your item at 2:57 pm on May 10, 2006 in DECATUR, GA 30033 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I would like to know How to contact her. & I cannot afford to resend plants . what is the rule of or for this when our boxes cannot be delivered ???
    Carmen Please tell Me you went & got the box today
    PLLLLLLLEAASE . Maybe she went on vacation before she got the box :((( .
    well it is out of my hands I will feel really bad if the plants are dead . its sorta hard to kill daylilies
    but still feel sorry for them in the box .
    well have a great weekend all .
    susie

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

Marea, I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. My batteries are down so I'll have to charge them.

Susie, I emailed Carmen and it seemed to go through so hopefully she'll get it and will let you know something.

Happy Mother's Day all of you and Paul, don't forget yours!

Nite all,

Nancy

• pins2006
    17 years ago

Susie, I apologize for not writing yesterday, but I am here. I saw your post and immediately called the post office. I didn't want to send a post because we can only send one a day (why is that?) and I wanted to have good news. Well, I'm still waiting. The PO has confirmation that the box came to them, but it has apparently disappeared. :-( The don't have a record of it being delivered to anybody. I spoke to my mail carrier and he said he would put it on top priority. He knows I get lots of plants (he delivered 2 boxes yesterday), so he knows the importance.

This has never happened to me before, and the really wierd thing is that I am on a co-op at DG and one of the two boxes that were sent to me is missing, too. I just don't understand what is happening.

When I finally get the box, I'm sure with a little TLC that the daylilies will be just fine. Surely they will find it.

Carmen

• skohler
    17 years ago

Thanks Nancy I tried to email her & it came back to me
    its the same one we use to reply to all .
    just hope all is well . well have a great weekend to all
    susie

• dirtpig
    17 years ago

Carmen are you tell me that DG is doing co-ops again????
    Lets I knew..Dave put a stop to it..

Hugs Jo..I'm so sorry for you lost.

Happy Mothers day Ladies

Someone please tell me that it's not raining where they live..it's been raining here for 13 days now..cold wet windy..it has to be warm and dry somewhere..

• pins2006
    17 years ago

Yes, and if you need the metal markers, go there right now.

• cheerpeople
    17 years ago

Ok although I had to put on a winter coat, boots, and ski pants to keep warm i went out and dabbled in the dirt a bit! Where's spring go?

In the seed garden I see sprouts of delphinium and delph butterfly blue, columbine, blue eyed grass, goatsbeard, dianthus siberian blues, salvia may night, HH peaches and dreams!!

I will be able to have my first baby leaf spinach salad this week!

Anita did a nice trade with me this week. :) Did you get the box from me, Anita? That makes teh fourth beautiful box of new plants to try from trades and friends this spring. How nice:)

Veeja i sent an email about the perennial sunflower seed.

Brent and becky's was nice about refunding my failed arum italicum bubls.
    Does anyone is zone 5 get them to grow?

The camassia bubls I ordered from them 'blue danube' are starting to bloom (very pretty)and all but one species lily- 'henryi' has surfaced.

I was talking to someone here a while ago about burning off siberian iris and orn. grass foliage. This is the last year I'm going to do that. Seems to make the middle not comeback quite as well as if I hack them back with sheers. Phooey- the pyro thing was fun!

Everyone have a happy mother's day, even if it involves inlaws and working the nursery at church, (..oh that's me;)).... and I mean it! Have a good one !

Karen

• mareas
    17 years ago

Dang,Karen, brrr... It's been 71 degrees in the shade here the past couple of weeks: no heat needed. I hope thats your story soon!! These Traveling Daylily trades are the BEST, huh? I got a box today from Cody that was just bulging at the sides!! Daylilies & hostas & iris & sedums - Oh my!

Happy Mother's Day!

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU MOTHERS

Huckleberry Fudge Iris

Gnus Flash

Ednas Wish

Full Swing

My irises are winding down now. It is sad to see them all quit blooming. I am loving all the re-bloomers which give it one last shot in the Fall.

Maryanne-Hope your Mom is doing well after her knee surgery.

MaryS-How lucky you are to now have that beautiful quilt hanging that Canna made. Just gorgeous. I once crocheted the American Flag. Took me forever to finish it. Then I ended up selling it in a yard sale.

Canna-How wonderful about your flower gardens. I know they must be beautiful. I will be in Tn. for a week (vacationing) in June. Some of us ladies are taking campers and spending a week at the Holly Haven campgrounds in Pigeon Forge. How far are you from there?

MaryB-So sorry to hear the news about your beloved Bailey.
    Glad you had another pet to shower with love.

Yes on another Maryanne joining us. Sounds great

Shirley

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Big hugs Jo, my love and prayers are with you. MaryAnne big hugs to you too, hope mom is doing well. My iris are starting to bloom, I love flowers, when is john peat coming?
    Love to Gloria, you are missed
    hugs to all

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

I know I have a lot of catching up to do, but I also have a lot of outside work to do.
    BBS, :)Anita

Happy Mothers Day To All

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Happy Mother's Day!

I wish all of the Mom's a wonderful day spent making time for yourself.

I am taking one of my sister's up to visit Gram at the nursing home first thing this morning. Then i'm gonna' head over to my Mom's and drop off a Mother's Day gift before she gets home. She's at a horse show this weekend. I put together a beautiful container garden in a really unusual urn and want to have it on the front porch waiting for her. I took some pics but they turned out terrible 'cause it's raining. Will try again later.

We took MIL out to dinner on Friday. I'd love to spend the rest of the day working at the new place, but it's so rainy. Rain, rain, go away. It's supposed to keeping raining all week. Definately slowing down the progress.

As soon as we can finish putting down the #3 gravel we're ready to start construction. My Dad is doing a fabulous job on the driveway.

{{gwi:2103651}}

The site is excavated and we're just about ready to start ordering materials.

Thatsalotadigging!!! Not sure if you can imagine the amount of dirt that my DH moved out of there? We have enormous piles and he told me it will be my job to do something with them, LOL.

Canna, I'm sorry for not responding sooner about your friend. I vote yes!

Shirley, your Iris are awesome as always. I love 'Gnus Flash' and 'Huckleberry Fudge' is a neat color. I have a dk. burgundy unknown heirloom that I just love. Hard to find other plants that have that bloom color.

Karen, this is the first year for my Arum, and it seems to be doing okay. Too bad i've gotta' dig it up and move it.
    As far as burning grasses, etc. down....i've seen many do it with much success. Personally, I love shearing mine down by hand. Hard work but good exercise. If I get lazy I use the gas hedge trimmers. : )
    Most often when plants begin to die out in the center, they need division. That is usually the case with grass plants. Has it been a while since you divided them?

Marea, my dear queen of blue,........this one's for you...

Much "bluer" in person. Loving that one!

Carmen, thanks for the tip about the Eon co-op. I ordered a bunch. I really needed them badly.

Right now I know what every plant is in my garden due to its placement even if it doesn't have a tag, no matter if it's blooming or not. Moving them all to a new place is making plant markers a must.

The plant marker co-op is still going on "over there" and it's quite a good deal, with prices possibly going lower with more orders.

Jo, you are in my thoughts today. Big hugs to you.

Well, I must get ready to go. I hope to check back in later.

Have a...

• namso
    17 years ago

Happy Mothers Day to all...im having a hosta kind of rainy day.

have a few extra hosta to trade and thought i'd try here ist....these are mostly single eyes. looking for same - other hosta not on have list. have:
    Northern Star
    Goldbrook Galeon
    Royal Accolade
    Bizarre
    Rosedale Tractor Seat
    Thumbs Up
    Bitsy Green

i don't know if i get email through GW anymore, so you may want to pm me.

MaryB- I had one...Great Expectations that did finally arise!! i really think i killed the rest though. had some small ones jump out over the winter and a few others that did not look good in the fall. should have moved...think just too much sun. Box out in am. :).

Barb, if it ever stops raining, your peony is in the mail tommarrow as well.

Must tell you all that i received yet another box from Our Marea. Two more hanson's I love,,,Utopia or Oblivion and Paradise Lost. Marea, you are just a wonderful lady. expect another box too :)

Great iris pics all! only my dwarfs are really going yet..and they are done.....i sure hope by next week the tb get going soon. Should have some of those to trade when theyre done too. Need to move them.

Sherri - had a great time seeing you as always! and ty for all those dl's :). going to get back to the dl's soon!. have an email into Mitch.... wish i had scapes.

Cindy O/namso

• namso
    17 years ago

Good morning all,
    Boxes out today....MaryB, Marea, Barb.
    Already working on details of a trade for the other hosta...will repost if it falls through.

Have a great day all!
    Cindy

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Marea, box is on its way to you.
    sharon

• cheerpeople
    17 years ago

Rocks ! I got rocks for mother's day!
    One is the size of a half whiskey barrel, and the other a boulder the size of well just a tad smaller than a round foulding table!
    Oh dang there's a timer- goota go
    Karen