Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

NEW: June's Gardener of the Month~ Linda~

Debra Andruska
15 years ago

Linda's month is here, JUNE!

Let's make it a very memorable month for Linda!

My box went out today, USPS #0307 0020 0003 4325 6687. I know it's a little early, but priority takes at least two days.

Hugs,

Deb

Comments (66)

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Whoops...a double post...sorry!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

thanks for the Happy Anniversaries, Ladies! WE went to a very nice AIR CONDTIONED restrurant and had an excellent meal.

Still extremely hot here...there's supposed to be a break by Saturday...."wiping face on shirt"

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Linda,
    Only one box so far? Well, I know that you sent me your email addy last week but I somehow deleted it. I finally have your box ready to go! I'm sorry but I couldn't find the things I was looking for. I do hope you like your b-day box. Please drop me your addy again.

Thanks Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Linda,
    your package left yesterday. The conformation # 03070020000467494316. I hope you enjoy your box. Lisa

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

thanks Lisa, I'll be looking for it!

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Come on Ladies, let's get going with this swap! Linda's only received one box so far! And I do see one box on the way! ;)

Please check in and let us know when your package will be going out.

Hugs,
    Deb

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Linda,
    your box will hopefully go out Tuesday this coming week, just getting a few more things together :)
    I'll post the confirmation number soon!
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend, i am so sore from digging in the clay!
    Kara

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Kara,
    I know what you mean..I've been pulling up grass to make another garden. I could do it the easy way, but no one bothers me when they see me dirty and sweaty..."L"

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Happy Monday Morning,

Linda...Miss June... Tiz your birthday eve...I do hope you have wonderful and fun plans for your birthday tomorrow! I am planning on sending your "Birthday Box" out on Tuesday or Wednesday... I will post the DC# after I send!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

why thank you Ladies, for the birthday wishes. I think I'm going to poke around in my garden tomorrow, weather permitting, and then just take it easy...maybe be taken out to dinner...lay in my hammock.

Do any of you ladies have a hammock? I recommend it highly for toal relaxation and bird/butterfly watching....a little ice tea, a good book..ahhh....

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Linda...Miss June,

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Enjoy life in your hammock!
    No hammock here...have always meant to get one!!!!

Happy Gardening!!

Annie

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Miss June, I just mailed off your birthday box :)
    the Conf # is :0307 1790 0004 0082 2687.
    Hope it gets there alright and that you like everything!
    Kara

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Miss June...Linda,

Your birthday box was sent off this morning.

Your DC # is 0307 1790 0003 4684 6068..............

And how was your birthday yesterday?

Have a wonderful evening!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

my birthday was very nice actually. I spent time with family here and I'll be spending time with my family in Altoona next week. I chilled out and relaxed and hubby took me out to supper..worked for me!

Thanks for all the boxes, Ladies, that are heading this way!

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi Linda, your package was mailed on the 17th. Here is your confirmation number:

0305 0830 0004 1755 5723

I hope you enjoyed your birthday month! Sonja

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Sonja's box arrived today and had all kinds of neat stuff inside:
    there were two kolocha's red and white
    blue mountain glads
    flowered memo pad w/matching pens
    red and white gardening gloves
    and the cutest frog on a lily pad that looks like it's in a hammock. I swear it has the same expression on it's face that I must get when I lay on mine!

seeds:
    grant gray sunflowers
    calif white poppy
    lavendar poppy
    red cypress vine
    sweet alyssum (2)
    Heavenly Blue Morning glory
    fennel seed
    marigold
    blue datura
    coleus
    pepper
    hollyhocks calendula

Thank you so mcuh, Sonja, it was an awesome box!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Double the fun! I also received Kara's box. Her's had inside:

4 pretty spring green drinking glasses w/flower design
    matching tea towel (really cute)
    painted metal plaque "all the flowers of tomorrow are in the seeds of yesterday" (it will go on my fence)
    colored glass magnets
    plant markers w/pen
    blank card w/envelope
    pen and notebook
    peppermint castille soap (this smelled really good)
    toad lily "lightening strike" for my shade garden

Thank you Kara, I loved everything!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I wanted to thank all the ladies for everything so far, I've just been having so much fun. I can't wait to spoil everyone when it's their turn!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Annie's box was on my porch this morning when I got up (I slept late) and this was what was in her box:

3 Phlox "Volcano Ruby" plants
    5 Crocosmia Babylon assorted
    Rugosa Rose mix
    periwinkle & white gardening gloves (I've gone through 3 pairs already, I'm HARD on gloves.."L")
    pink and white fuzzy socks (I love fuzzy socks!)
    Romanitc Wish body butter=a mixture of pomeganate, freesia and cumcumber blossom (smells heavenly!)
    cucumber melon hand gel (yummy)
    Lenox Butterfly Meadow set of votives (they'll look perfect on my mantel)
    M&M's tear and share (they were NOT shared..smacking lips)

Thank you so much Annie, everything was wonderful!

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi, I am so glad you enjoyed your box. I haven't been on the computer much but thought I would drop in today. It sounds as if your having a wonderful month. Take care, Sonja

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nice boxes! I love hearing about what everyone else sent!
    I'm already working on my July box! I have all the 'goodies' already, and just need to pack the plants!

Let's finish up Linda's month! Post those DC#'s and let us know the boxes are going out.

Hugs,
    Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Can someone post the the new list of gardner's of the month? I have one but I don't think it's right..it looks good until about August and then there were some changes I think....thanks Ladies!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Linda,
    What great boxes your getting for your B-day month! I'm wondering why my box has yet to reach you. I have checked daily and it just keeps saying that it was accepted at Tewksbury p.o. on June,12th. I'm sorry that it's taking so long to reach you. I have a formal wedding this evening but I'll check back when I get in tonight,maybe it will come today.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Maybe it doesn't think it will like PA! Don't worry, it will show up.

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

I believe, the updated future GOM list is....

July....Lisa (IShareFlowers)

August...Deb (Momcat)

September...Annie (Canyonwind)

October...Sonja (Happyseed)

November...Maureen (MommyMaureen)...??? Is she still playing with us? Has anyone heard from her? Susan, did you receive a B-Day box from her in May?

December...Kara (UNCGardner)

Correct me if I have it wrong!

I will hostess for July! I am headed out of town on Monday and will be back on the 30th or the 1st.

Linda...very nice Miss June boxes!!!! Ladies, you really do send great things!

We have been hanging around 105 degrees for the last several days. It is supposed to break on Monday...the 90's. Off to take a quick dip in the pool.....lots of stuff to do and then a Summer Solstice party later on.

Have a great day!

Annie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for posting the list Annie! I finally wrote the new updated list down.

Susan,
    Did you receive a box from everyone on the list? Please let us know..

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

thanks Annie! When I'm out checking out stuff, I like to buy a few things ahead and it helps if I know who I'm buying what for..."S"

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

I just sent Susan...Miss May, an email to see if she received a birthday box from everyone in the GOM group, including MommyMaureen, during her birthday month. I told her to post here!!!

Have a great Sunday!!

Annie

• momcat
    15 years ago

OK, Miss June, your box is on it's way!! Delivery confirmation # 0307 0020 0002 9781 9785

I was in a rush to get to the post office in time, and was just cleaning up from my packing job, and found the label for the Lamb's Ear I included in your box. Everything else should have tags, but somehow, this one was left out. I am sorry about that, but wanted you to know.

I do hope you like everything.

Deb

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Linda, are ya there? Did you get my package? I'm getting angry now!!! Please let me know, if you haven't gotten it I will check with my p.o. to see where it is.
    Lisa

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Lisa,
    I haven't received your package yet. My mailman will knock when I have a package at the front door and the other one leaves in at the side door where we go in and out. I wonder what happened to it? It keeps saying it's still where you left it. ((HUG))
    Linda

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Linda,
    I checked with the post office today and they said the package was delivered at 9 somehing this morning. I was getting nervous that it got lost. I hope you like what I sent you.
    Lisa

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Lisa and Momcat..I received both boxes. I was in Altoona visiting my family. I will post all my goodies tomorrow, I just wanted to let you know that they're here!

• momcat
    15 years ago

Oh, good, I hope everything survived the trip OK.

Enjoy,
    Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

When I came back from Altoona Deb's box arrived. It has all sorts of goodies and here's what was inside:

Strawberry candy daylily (both lilies are really pretty!)
    little wine cup daylily
    gold standard hosta (I love hosta's)
    lamb's ear (these guys are so fuzzy)
    notebook with flowers
    shopping list with flower magnets (now I can say, write in on the list and hang it with the magnet)
    blue striped gardening gloves (I always need gloves)
    BIG bag of M&M's (which I hid..no I don't share.."L")

Deb, the plants are all in good shape and I'll be putting them in the ground today. Thank you so much, I loved everything!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I know that Lisa was fretting about her box but it arrived yesterday when I was away..(see? I only had to leave!) Here's what was in her box:

7 Lombardia Oriental lily bulbs (a pretty pink)
    sticky notes
    pink gardening gloves (I'm going to be set for the whole gardening season!)
    notepad
    pen with cross charm
    windchimes (I love windchimes)
    beaded fragarance diffuser (always wanted to try one of these)
    lavendar flower garden (this looks really cool)
    plant markers and marker (I was almost out)
    pedicure pouch (clippers, file, toe separator, orange stick)
    herbal moisture cream
    seed envies
    oregano grow kit (this is so cute)
    candle holder with 2 candles (smells good)
    journel (I really need to start one of these)
    bubble envie
    and all this was in a burgandy with white flower garden caddy..how cool is that?

Lisa, everything was in good shape when it got here and I really appreciate all the goodies. Your turn is next month..."rubbing hands together"..."L"

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

whoops..forgot the little mini candles that was included in Lisa's box.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Linda,
    Finally, it made it's way to you. I hope that you like all the goodies. I'm sorry that I didn't send any great plants. I didn't find any of your wants.I was pushing it with the lily bulbs, they weren't the right color.

I'm pretty anxious about my month coming. I haven't gotten a package in the mail yet, this was my first round robin. I'll be away on the ummm... I have to look into it and post later.

Have a good nite ladies

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

this is your first round robin, Lisa? ohhhhhh....that's makes it all the better...."gleeful smile"....

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Linda,
    Yes, this is my first round robin! I'm getting pretty excited now that's it's close to my turn. I don't know what to expect. I do hope that I have sent things that I was supposed to to those of you whose months have already passed. I looked on other threads to get and idea of the kinds of things to send out and just went with it. I've
    got to go, I have to be at work for 7. Have a good day ladies!

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

July....Lisa (IShareFlowers)

August...Deb (Momcat)

September...Annie (Canyonwind)

October...Sonja (Happyseed)

November...Maureen (MommyMaureen)

December...Kara (UNCGardner)

I don't think anyone heard from Maureen. Does anyone know if Susan received a package from her last month? We might have to move the swap around one more time.

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I have an idea if we move it up a month and lose December's person who would then become November's and so on....anyways,

If that happens, what would you ladies think of one last Gardener of the Month swap but swap names among each other so everyone sends and recieves one box for the Holidays? "wondering if I'm making sense at all"...what do you think?

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

I know what you mean Linda. I would be happy to swap names at the end and do one in December.

As far as I know Susan didn't get a box from maureen

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Happy Monday Morning,

Nice to be home!!!! Hope all of your gardens are happily blooming!!!!!

I had sent Susan an email before I left to go out of town and told her to post here. I do not see a posting from her. There was an email from her on my return last night. Susan is experiencing some serious personal problems. She stated that she can not remember everyone who sent her boxes...she tried to post as she received her birthday boxes. As well, she said that she would try to send out a June box but could not promise! She said she would try to make up for any months that she missed but it might take a month or so........................

So shall we move the swap around just one more time??? Great idea for the month of December...A swap between

Deb...Debbya...Miss April
    Linda...Lindaruzicka...Miss June
    Lisa...IShareFlowers...Miss July
    Deb...Momcat...Miss August
    Annie...Canyonwind...Miss September
    Sonja...Happyseed...Miss October
    Kara...UNCGardener...Miss November
    And then for the month of December, we will do a swap amongst this group of seven "GARDENERS OF THE MONTH"...................

Does everyone agree with this????????

Linda, last day of your Birthday month! Lisa...tomorrow your fun begins! I will post a new Gardener of the Month for July...LISA....tonight or in the morning!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

It was a great birthday month and all you ladies sent wonderful boxes! This is Lisa's first swap so let's do 'er up right!!

I'm glad that everyone likes the December month idea...I think it will work out great.

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

Tiz July 1st....posting a New JULY Gardener of the Month for LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I checked over all the posts quickly, so I could of missed something. But, it looks as though all boxes were received for Linda's month (except for Susan's).

Boxes received~
    Debbya
    Sonja
    Lisa
    Kara
    Annie
    Deb (Momcat)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

that's the same count I got..onto Miss July!!

• happyseed
    15 years ago

It sounds as if you have had a great month. I am glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait until my turn. Sonja

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I"m so excited to be able to send boxes to everyone...this is so much fun!