Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: new obf * may* April showers bring May flowers swap

Posted by micyrey 5b (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 19:41

Hello Friends

For this month lets look around the yard( those in the northern states may have to wait till the end of the month to send) and see what perennials are coming up and can be divided. we aren't talking large boxes here, just a few small starts.
I also think it would be cool to list plants we "collect", we all have a few kinds of plants we just have to have all of.

we'll do sign ups till the 12th of may

send by the end of the month

I will be the first to sign up
my "collections"
Iris
sedums
hen and chicks
daylilies
I want any and all, named or not.

I will post a may flowers bingo in a day or 2.

michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: new obf * may* April showers bring May flowers swap

Great swap idea, I'm in. My collections,
echinacea
sedums
lillies
christmas cactus
herbs
I am starting a new bed all echinaceas in the back of my garden, need all colors, pretty also cap up for colds.
thankyou for doing this Michelle, members like you are what keep this group going.
hugs to all my bloomin friends
 photo caroltattyaprilshowers.gif

o

THis sounds like fun, I haven't been able to join lately due to school and work, but have a couple weeks off from school. So, I thought I would join in. My collections are
roses
lillies
irises- japenese are my favorite
hosta
delphiniums
penstemons
right now I am also currently making a flower bed in an area that stays quite wet.

Thanks michelle for hosting:)

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Sat, May 4, 13 at 15:04

Sign me up! This swap sounds great to me, because I have some named daylilies and irises that need homes.

My collection entirely consists of... Natives!!
DH and I are in the process of expanding the beds :)

Katie

o

Good start to a great month Michelle. Please sign me up.

Foxgloves
Brugs - doubles or variegated
salvias
lupine
peonies
gomphrena
clematis
lilies
heuchera

It has rained here all day....hated it for my nephew's wedding but it happens. It was a beautiful wedding regardless.

Shirley

o

hello everyone, hope everyone is well.

I haven't swapped in a bit, so it's time to join in.
I've been busy cleaning up the beds, mulching and seeing what has or hasn't survived. lost quite a bit, but there's still plenty to go around, so count me in michelle and thanks for hosting.

collections LOL more like obsessions!!!!
peony, hosta, heuchera, lilacs, hydrangea, asiatics, orientals, daylilies, iris, perennial herbs, fruit bushes/trees, columbine (NOT purple or dark pink...peachy colored or anything else would be grand!, also, would love a horseradish root, if nayone has that (trade or otherwise)...the list goes on and on. and like michelle, named or not, just love the beauty of them all!

maryanne

This post was edited by earthlydelights on Mon, May 6, 13 at 23:58

o

Please sign me up for May!

My collections:

Daylilies! (mostly evergreen & semi-evergreen)
Sedums
Succulents
Garden carpet and mini roses
Daturas - looking for all colors except white and dbs and triples too!

Sue G

o

As I am looking at lists, I could add and add, and add!! I also do not if they are unamed.

o

hello
would you like to play bingo???
make you bingo cards and email them to me. I will start drawing words after sign ups are over.

May Flowers Bingo
achillea
alcea
allium
allyssum
amsonia
aquilegia
baptisia
begonia
bluebell
bellflower
boneset
camellia
campanula
candytuft
cassia
catmint
chelone
columbine
coneflower
dahlia
dianthus
digitalis
echinacea
foxglove
helenium
hypericum
iberis
mallows
malva
nepeta
papaver
pinks
poppy
rosa
rose
stonecrop
sneezweed
sedum
turtlehead
yarrow

part 1 first to bingo gets a prize

part 2 of this game is who can find all the botanical name and common name matches, not all of them have a match. everyone that matches them will have their name in a drawing for a prize.

have fun
michelle

o

Hi all, I'd love to join the May swap. Just got confirmed by Carol.
Hummmmm, what are my collections for this year?

Daffodils
Muscari
Anemone
Tulips -species only
Native woodland plants
Aquilegia
Siberian iris -my newest love!

Sharon

o

How many of the Bingo words do we choose Michelle?

Sure glad to see the rain has finally stopped. Haven't seen the sun since last Wed.

Shirley

o

I'm going to have to sit out this month. There is a lot going on in May and I'm not sure what I would share. It seems I have fewer plants every year rather than more - thanks to our hot dry summers and my garden getting more inhabited by voles. They got my 9 year old bay tree - not even a part of a root left on it... Last year that ate all the roots on my potato plants and I thought they were supposed to be poisonous...oh, well, I'd better not get started on my opinion of voles.
Have a great week!
Jeanne

o

Hi
For bingo you make 5 rows of 5 , one space left blank for the free space.
An easy way to email it to me is.....

B x x x x x
I x x x x x
N x x x x x
G x x x x x
O x x x x x

I will make up bingo cards to keep track of words chosen.

I have not done this before so I hope this works for you.

Michelle

This post was edited by micyrey on Mon, May 6, 13 at 18:34

o

Mon, May 6, 13 at 11:01

Michelle, I just sent you an email for the BINGO game. Please let me know if you don't get it. Thanks for hosting!
Katie

o

Hi Michelle, I sent you an email foe the 2parts of the bingo game.
Interesting and fun!
Thanks
Sharon

o

Hello everyone
Players so far...
1. Micyrey
2. Kchd.....bingo....matching
3. Veeja11
4. Jlee11... Bingo....matching
5. Brittnysgran
6. Earthlydelights
7. Squanzon
8. Toomanyanimals ...bingo...matching

You are doing great on the matching game, so far you all found them all, so all 3 of you are in the drawing. Anyone else want to play. Katie I forgot about the free space, where would you like yours.

Thanks everyone
Michelle

o

Tue, May 7, 13 at 8:24

Michelle, you can put my free space smack dab in the center, and remove foxglove. Are you gonna make cards and send them out to all the players? I had no idea there were so many versions of BINGO around the world! Which one are we playing?

Katie

o

Please welcome Toomanyanimals, Sharon to our group, many of us have traded with her in the traveling daylily group. I for one have missed her. Welcome Sharon, a couple of the old daylilies are here. I need to be partnered with someone who dosen't mind getting unnamed daylilies, my dogs ate most of my tags and what they didn't get my hubby pulled he dosen't like the look of tags in the garden, no ditch lilies all named beauties but don't know names same with hostas, hucheras actually anything in my garden, please post if you don't mind no names, so maybe Michelle could pair me up with someone who would like pretty plants without names. thankyou hugs carol photo summer09032.jpg

o

I'd like to join as well. Never done this before so need some help. I collect:

daylilies (with darker eye)
heucheras
tiarellas
penstemons
campanulas

Hedy

o

In order to join this swap you must be a member of obf, if you aren't and would like to be, just e-mail Shirley or myself, we just ask that you have completed a trade with a member of obf, if you haven't and would like to just post on this thread that you would like to complete a trade so you can join in the group, you will have lots of offers.
we welcome new members.
thankyou Carol

o

I for one would have no problem receiving anything named or not - heuchera, hosta, daylilies.....anything really. carol, i had the same problem with the little dog that ate tags and when my grandbabe was smaller, she used to "collect" the tags.

i have been rearranging things this year and have been pretty happy to see that when i am transplanting, there are some names associated to them. i am hoping to be able to label everything, or close enough to everything this year as they bloom, because i sure have a big bucket of tags!!!!!!

i think i have a peony thief....there's a gap between the line of peonies i planted going up my property line. strange for sure. i have no proof, but i do believe a neighbor with a shovel helped themself!

looking forward to swapping.

maryanne

o

Maryanne, sorry to hear of the thiefing neighbor. Now you will have to keep an eye out.
Most things I don't mind not having a name .... but ... I do like my daylilies names. Well, that is unless you have hybridized them yourself, then that makes them precious to me. :o)
Sharon

o

Passing this month! In March and April, I dug up tons of stuff for some new gardeners in the area and a community garden. I think I might have over done it...some areas of my yard are looking rather bare...LOL!

Have fun! Happy May and Happy Mothers Day!

Annie

o

I would love to have Maryanne it has been awhile, I even have her horseradish root and some pooky salve. I would be forever grateful if I could have her. Sharon i have a huge fluffy orange daylilly from a seed you gave me, never registered it call it my sweet tammy.I have a few yellow also from your seeds photo big_3834325.pnghugs carol.

o

Sharon-How nice to see to you joining in again. It has been awhile...welcome back. I have many of your plants in my flowerbeds. Miss our daylily group and wish we could get it started back. The traveling daylilies we were called.

So busy at this time of year so I just had to let some things go. I gave up my Sunday School class and I'm thinking of giving up my volleyball team. With 28 flowerbeds and getting another year older each year I'm having a hard time. I really like my kick boxing class and exercise classes so I hate to lose my spot in those classes.
Can't really give up my membership in the local Gardening Club because I really like the group we have and it's only once a month for the luncheon and when you can to help in the gardens. Mom is still in the nursing home so I visit with her 3-4 times a week. Maybe I need to get better organized, not sure how to do that though.

Shirley

o

Would love to join this month but I made a promise to myself to pass on swaps in May. We are going to visit our son and daughter in law this month, (she is pregnant with our first grandchild) so doing any swaps would be a bit stressful. I have time off but am still working the same amount of hours this month.

Looks like a fun one and I will be watching everyone's posts. Margo

o

Shirley, It is good to be back. I'm still not up to my old speed, probably never will be again, but making slow progress. Wish I had your faith, I'm sure it would make it easier.
I looked at several other sites on the web for group trading, and Garden Web just seemed like home. :o)

Your schedual makes me tired just reading it. :o)
I don't think it is a horrible thing if you dropped one or two of your activities. I've been reading about how to make my gardens more 'age' friendly. Sounds ok, so new additions to my gardens will be with that in mind.
I work full time, walk the dog a couple miles each day, sometimes cook and sometimes clean the house. lol
Well, and now it is gardening season. That is my life.

I'm not sure if I had told you that my daughter made it into Univ of Mich Law School. She will be leaving us at the end of May, she starts summer term. She has been living with us the last couple years, so I will be going through the empty nest syndrome AGAIN! UGH!

Oh, and to keep this on topic, can I add
FERNS to my list of collections. :o)

Sharon

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Sounds like a great swap & I am in need of some starter plants for a bed I am working on so please sign me up. I collect:

Astlbe-love minatures or any
Heuchera-would love named ones
Hosta- love minatures
Day Lilys-would love rebloomers
Heleboros
Sedums-adding to newer bed of them
Succlents
Elephant ears (especially black ones)

It has been so cool & rainly here not much working outside done. I have also bought my annuals & they are still sitting out in original pots. I must get my elephant ears, caladiums & callas planted. So late this year. I hope they do well with this late of a start.

Looking forward to my partner & thanks Michelle for hosting.

Have a wonderful weekend & hope we all get to planting up everything real soon. Blessings, Margaret

o

Sharon - Oh how I remember the empty nest syndrome...that is how I got into gardening. It was keep busy or go crazy. LOL Congratulations to your daughter.

We had our annual Garden Club plant sale today and made $1800.00. Best year we have had yet. When we sold out of plants each member brought to sale we dug up extras from the garden and sold those.

Hi Margaret...If I get you I have alot of those plants you are looking for.

Shirley

o

hi
Happy Mothers Day

this is the last call for sign ups and for the bingo.

I will post partners tomorrow and start the bingo tomorrow.

michelle

o

Happy Mothers Day everyone.
The Bingo sounds like fun Michelle.
sharon

o

hi sharon, long time no see! welcome to the group. i think we are the second oldest long term running group, the TDL having been first, and luckily we continued on with this group, through thick, thin and in between!

i hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day, i had one of the best i can remember in a long, long time. my granddaughter made it so special, as did my son, but the sentiments and love from her is just so overhelming.

shirley, i feel what you are are going through. in recent years i had to limit my activities, making big decisions over what to keep and what to do away with. i still do quite a bit, but i'm content with the choices i made. good luck with what you decide to do. i hope your mom is coming along.

i had to make certain concessions with regard to gardening. considering last year, following my HA i did absolutely nothing in my gardens and it showed this year for sure. so i have painstakingly had to revamp, and i look to make things more accessible as age and physical limitations will never allow me to do what i've done in the past. it's tough to accept sometimes. :-(

my beds are looking good, green is flourishing everywhere and some stuff is beginning to bloom. the rhodies aer just atarting to open, the peopnies aer so budded up, i'm just in such anticipation. my tulips were absolutely stellar this season and my hyacinths did nada, and i can't even begin to tell you just how many bulbs are in that bed. very disappointing, but the tulips more than made up for it.

some iris are beginning to bud and my hostas are really coming into their own. I have an area in the back of my property that i want to make a hosta bed, but that area is still "under construction", but it is just so great to see the growing patterns of these plants, which will make it so much esaier to place them in their intended place.

well, i look forward to seeing who my swap partner will be. be back soon.

hope everyone is well and things are beginning to pop in your gardens.

maryanne

o

hello
what is the statis of casey1/heidi? is she in? I'm not sure who makes that official.

Players so far...
1. Micyrey
2. Kchd.....bingo....matching
3. Veeja11
4. Jlee11... Bingo....matching
5. Brittnysgran
6. Earthlydelights
7. Squanzon
8. Toomanyanimals ...bingo...matching
9. margaret 2007
10, casey1 ??

I will set up partners after work and post the first bino word.
michelle

o

I'm really looking forward to this swap!!

Thanks Maryanne for the welcome back. :o)

o

hello
time for partners
micyrey sends to veejall
KCHD sends to toomanyanimals
veejall sends to earthlydelights
jlee160 sends to micyrey
brittneysran sends to margaret2007
earthlydelights sends to jlee160
squanzon sends to brittneysgran
toomanyanimals sends to KCHD
margaret2007 sends to squanzon

casey if you want to swap boxes with me it will get you a trade with a member, I dont mind sending out 2 boxes this month. it means I'll get 2 boxes.

1st bingo word is....chelone

o

haven't had a request to trade from Hedy, so maybe she will join in a later swap, but unless shirley knows something I don't, she is not yet a member of obf, wow I got Earthly, thankyou, its been awhile. will try to make her happy. off to dig hugs to all me bloomin friends

o

Shoot I forgot to send in my BINGO words....I think my brains getting smaller.

For you peony lovers, if you decide to order peonies this Fall please look at Red Charm....Oh my goodness it is the most beautiful bloom I have ever seen on any plant. No staking it either, the stalk is sturdy enough to hold up the huge bloom. I will try and get a picture of it while it is blooming.

Maryanne - Mom is so pitiful....she falls at least once a week, Her legs will not hold her up any longer and I think she forgets this and tries to get out of bed by herself and thus falls. Then she moans for days because she hurts. I understand they can't watch her 24 7's. I think they should be allowed to restrain them but it is of course against the law. What do you do?

Margaret....Yeah I send to you....Will pack your box with goodies from your list.

Shirley

o

Hey Katie, I got you and you got me ;o).
I had to sit down and investigate what were the mississippi wild plants that I may have. I managed to find several I think you will be happy with. Whew!
It was an interesting hour ... loved looking at all the wildflowers.

And I had Chelone on my Bingo Card. hurray.

sharon

o

Hey Katie, I got you and you got me ;o).
I had to sit down and investigate what were the mississippi wild plants that I may have. I managed to find several I think you will be happy with. Whew!
It was an interesting hour ... loved looking at all the wildflowers.

And I had Chelone on my Bingo Card. hurray.

sharon

o

Mon, May 13, 13 at 22:40

Hi Sharon! So excited that we are partners :) I always sign up to get posts to the thread emailed to me so I can keep up even if I don't make it to the GW site everyday. When I saw that Michelle had paired us up, I really started thinking about plants you would like for the rest of the day. I think I have some good ones picked out for you, too! After posting this, I will send you an email so we can connect and exchange addresses. Let me know if it gets lost in the ether!

Katie

o

Maryanne, need your addy, lost it again, quick please. thankyou hugs carol

o

Hello

Today's bingo word is....begonia.

Carol I need your address. I tried to send an email but don't think it went through.

Michelle

o

Good Morning-What a lovely day it is in Iowa today! Got up to 91 here yesterday (was 38 a couple nights ago)!

I am so pleased to get you Sue. I sent you an email yesterday but not through GW. If you didn't receive, please let me know.

Thanks for your note Shirley. I am looking forward to my new plants & want to mark them from you!

So many things I have had to do other than planting my annuals I have already bought. Sure hope I don't lose any of them as I found some really different ones this year. I love container planting. It stops my DH from backing up to get them when he mows! Hope to get them done today or tomorrow. Also, backed up on my trimming. Just a couple days at home with no rain I could get caught up!

Have a wonderful day, all & happy planting! Isn't it wonderful what those little seeds do. God is Magnificant!! Blessings, Margaret

o

Hello

Tonight's bingo word is......coneflowers

Good luck

Michelle

o

Hello

Tonight's bingo word is......coneflowers

Good luck

Michelle

o

Shirley I send to you! I'll go through your wants list but email me if there is anything in particular you are wanting right now.

Sue G

o

hello
I got some new perennials planted yesterday and am trying to build a pot tower, it looks more like the leaning tower right now.

our bingo word for tonight is ...dahlia

see you all tomorrow

michelle

o

Hello

Tonight's bingo word is.....columbine

I wont be able to draw a word tomorrow so here is tomorrows word...achillea

See you all later
Michelle

o

hmm, where is my post from yesterday? jenn, i need your address please, i don't seem to have a questionnaire for you (i'd like to have that too!!!!).

thanks
maryanne

o

maryanne- I don't see an email link on your page. will you email me and I will send you my addyplease? I completed the questionaire- I have a copy I can send to you. I don't think I have them for anyone...

Michelle- will yiou please send me your addy? Thanks!
Have a great day everyone. I am exhaused after spending the night in ER with my 10 yr old for dehydration/ heat exhaustion after soccer game without subs....

o

hello

sorry J your email was in the spam- address sent

tonights bingo word is...pinks

I will try to get my box out tuesday.

buckle up midwest it's gonna be a bumpy few days

o

hello

sorry J your email was in the spam- address sent

tonights bingo word is...pinks

I will try to get my box out tuesday.

buckle up midwest it's gonna be a bumpy few days

o

Shirley, I sent your box out today, hopefully you will receive it Wednesday - hope it doesn't have to fly thru a tornado!

Sue G

o

Mon, May 20, 13 at 20:55

Hi Ladies,
Hope everyone has been having nice gardening weather lately. We finally finished putting in our expanded flowerbed. Glad that's done. Now for the fun part of filling it in with plants.

Sharon, not sure if you got my most recent email. I'm going out of town tomorrow (Tuesday), so I hope you don't mail out quite yet. Otherwise, poor husband will be potting up plants all by his lonesome
I have picked out some nice woodland plants for you that should be hardy in your zone and deer resistant! I will mail out next week since I will be out of town until Friday and don't want to mess with the 3-day weekend.

Katie

o

Hi-Would you believe I have a beautiful day to work outside today & got started on cleaning out other stuff in the house & can't stop with it. Hope I have enough strength to do more planting outside after a short rest. There is so much to do before we get company this coming weekend.

Sue-One of your item is in the mail & rest coming soon. Hope you like all that's coming.

Have a wonderful week, Ladies & please keep your thoughts & prayers going for the Oklahoma people. Do we have any of our members here from there close? I would love to do something tangible for them. Please post if you know of anyone there or any of your friends or relatives that might be involved. My heart goes out to them & would love to know how I could help. Blessings, Margaret

o

I'll watch for it Margaret - thanks so much!

o

Happy Birthday Tomorrow Maryanne.....don't want to forget or not be able to get on the computer. Hope it's the best one ever.

Sue - Thanks I will be on the lookout for it.

Margaret - Your box was mailed today...should be there soon.

So sorry for all the tornado victims....Margaret maybe we can rally and do something.

Shirley

o

happy Birthday Tomorrow Maryanne, party like you were a bear photo dancing-bear.gif

o

Hello
Tonight's bingo word is ....cassia

Still trying to get my box out....

Michelle

o

Good afternoon ladies. Thanks for the birthday wishes, so far so good. Beautiful morning, spent it planting up some “gifts” that need to get into the ground. Didn’t finish everything, but there’s always tomorrow, God willing. Dinner plans later with family and then a long weekend in the mountains with friends. For my b/d the peonies decided to start opening!!!! I can see I only have one red one . That which was dug out or lost by unknown means, were reds, so here I go again, never being able to hold on to a red one! Friggin plant thieves.

Carol, address was sent, I believe you got it.

Jenn, got your q and address, thank you. I am getting things together, slowly but surely. I’m not as fast as I never was LOL. I will not mail until next week, and hopefully it will get there before the month ends. Where did this month go anyway? I’m nervous sending to you, the things you listed on your collections are not necessarily things I have, but I’m working on it!

Time to hit the shower, I smell of compost ��" such a lovely scent If I do say so myself! Have a great day everyone.

my lilacs are just so intoxicating this year. loving the scent and enjoyig it so. all too soon they fade away, but seriously stopping to smell the flowers constantly!

happy blooms!
maryanne

o

So rumor has it that a neighbor gardener has scoped out my place on more than one occasion and was seen walking up my driveway as well as my bordering neighbor’s, walking away with a black plastic pot filled with “something”. So far this year, I have several missing peonies (which would take some effort to dig out) as well as what would have been my third year blue mouse ear hosta (together with the tag). She’s basically a 4 season gardener with many repeat items filling up her beds.

Gi and I took a walk the other night to see what she has “new” this year, and although not much of her beds has changed in the almost 18 years I’ve been here, there are some things ��" echinacea, bee balm, spiderwort and a standard green hosta popping up in her variegated bed, a few different iris (after only having the old fashioned purple “flags” for years and years) just not my peonies and BME hosta .

I realize birds can “deposit” seeds, etc., and what can be in one garden winds up in another ��" I’ve seen this over the years with amaranthus , wild dill, etc. I do take notice when a new iris pops in her bed after only having the old fashioned flags for years. I’m not saying she has been helping herself all along, but this year someone saw her walking away with something in a pot.

I have a habit of using my driveway as a “holding area” when I’m digging and thinning or anything new coming in, so it wouldn’t be hard to take a little something something!

So my question is: (1) do I a politely approach her and tell her that I would have no problem sharing, but just ask; (2) let it go and say nothing; (3) get even and dig out a few of her Japanese iris or peach colored mckana columbine that I don’t have, or (4) revel in the fact that although she thought she was the only gardener on the block, my skills, expertise, assortment of plants and knowledge far outweighs the possible plants she pilfered?

thanks
maryanne

o
RE: EW: new obf * may* April showers bring May flowers swap

Hello

Tonight's bingo word is.....allium( mine did great this year)

Sorry about you missing plants, if it were me I would not say anything, but that's just me I don't like to make a fuss. When we lived in town we had a privacy hedge and for some unknown reason the neighbor chopped it down. It was on our property line but they wanted to debate it .
It ended up being a big problem.

Michelle

o

Happy Birthday Maryanne!!!!!
And I agreee with MIchelle, I wouldn't say anything about the plants unless you catch her red handed. then I I would do the polite thing and laugh it off.

Katie, I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you. We had to go out of town suddenly. Back now. I won't be able to mail your box out till the end of the month, which means it won't get to you till June. Sorry about that. But I will make up for it in the way of plants .... I hope. :o)

Sharon

o

Maryanne, please do not ne nervous! I love almost every plant I have ever seen:) I am sure I will love whatever you decide to send

o

Maryanne, please do not ne nervous! I love almost every plant I have ever seen:) I am sure I will love whatever you decide to send

o

Hello

Tonight's bingo word is....Camilla.

You guys are getting close .

Michelle

o

Hi everyone! I've been MIA for quite a few months now thanks to a lot of different reasons....health being the main culprit. I do hope everyone has had a good winter/spring and looking forward to the summer :)

Praying for those that were in the tornado recently...my heart just breaks for them as I've watched the tv :(

Noticing I've missed this month's swap....which is fine, I'm looking forward to next months which, btw, has it been posted yet?

Happy Gardening friends!
Janet

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Waking up to rain pouring down here in Iowa & supposed to be that possibility all this Holiday weekend.

I received my great box from Shirley yesterday. The plants I received are just what I wanted & needed for filling in my beds.

Astilbe "Montgomery"
Heuchera "Citronelle"
Heuchera " Carmel"
2 Hosta's
Calla Lily
Pineapple Lily "Sparkling Burgundy"
Japanese Iris "Jocasta"
Pulmonary
Chameleon
& a darling "Grandmother Plaque"

I am now thinking about where I will plant all of these wonderful plants & just about decided where when I can get it done with all this rain, which they are sitting out in now.

Shirley-Thank you so much. Saying you made my day doesn't nearly cover it! I will be enjoying them for many years to come.

Pray you all have a blessed holiday & please remember "If you love your freedom, thank a Vet". To all who have lost loved ones, treasure those memories. Blessings, Margaret

o

Hi
Sorry forgot yesterday's bingo word...so I'll do 2 today

Bingo word # 1 .....nepeta

Bingo word #2 ......mallow

Will be back tomorrow
Michelle

o

Hi Janet-How wonderful to see your post....we miss our gardening friends when you are away. I hope to post June's swap in the next few days....keep on the look-out. I plan to have alot of games during the month so stay tuned. I always share some of my gardens with you ladies during game time.

Margaret-I hope to get the hosta names to you in the next few days and also the Calla lily. When DH pulls weeds he re-arranges my name tags (thinking I won't know the difference). I have found daylily names on irises, hosta names on astibles and etc. Bless him

Sue-I recevied my awesome box...thank you so much
Daylily Meet Joe Black
Daylily Morning by Morning
Orange Star plant
Blue Salvia
Blue Hibiscus "Santa Cruz"
Purple Lantana
3 of the cutest note cards
wooden wind chime

I love the orange star plant and you know I am addicted to daylilies. LOL Thank you again for all the nice plants.

photo cid_008e01c612cc9033f3b02101a8c0kim.gif

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day....and especially our Vets.

photo shirley1.gif

o
RE: obf * may* April showers bring May flowers swap

I forgot to tell you ladies bluestone perennials is having their 50% off sale.

http://www.bluestoneperennials.com

Have fun

Shirley

o

Received my box from Michelle today, found a marker for lavender lady, but didn't find plant found a spiderwart, a mystery hen and chicks, 2 mystery sedum and golden sun sedum an adorable handmade flag pouch with oxalis and avon hand cream. thankyou Michelle loved my box. maryanne yours is flying, should be there tuesday. hugs to my blooming friends photo carol_teddy_basket.gif

o

Hi
Don't know what could have happened to to the lavender, I rememeber wrapping it and putting the marker in the plastic. You looked in the plastic bag Reilly well? I didn't send spiderwort ( don't have it) but spiderweb hen and chicks. My writing is not the best.
Hope they do well for you.
Michelle

o

Shirley, thanks so much for the "welcome back"....I've missed being here so much! You ladies are so wonderful and have helped me to get a great start on my new garden.

I lost a few of the new plants and need to update my trade list. But some of the ones that I received last year are producing now and blooming.....my daylilies are doing great!

Although, I do like to receive plants that I know what type they are, you can Add me to the list that doesn't mind receiving unnamed plants. I guess if that isn't clear, it means that I don't mind receiving lillies without specific names.....clear as mud? LOL

Looking forward to the rest of the month with you ladies and to the new post for June.

Happy Gardening!
Janet

o

Hi all, Just scrolling through and it was super to see so many familiar names. Sharon, especially good to see you back again.
Hope to get back into the action again soon.
Bethb

o

Hello
The end of the month is near and I want to get the games wrapped up so we will do 2 bingo words each day

Bingo word #1. Campanula

Bingo word #2. Digitalis

I will do the drawing for a prize. This is between jlee160, kchd, and tomanyanimals. The winner is............Jen. Congrats Jen send me your address and I will send you a prize.

Michelle

o

Hello
The end of the month is near and I want to get the games wrapped up so we will do 2 bingo words each day

Bingo word #1. Campanula

Bingo word #2. Digitalis

I will do the drawing for a prize. This is between jlee160, kchd, and tomanyanimals. The winner is............Jen. Congrats Jen send me your address and I will send you a prize.

Michelle

o

Hurray for Jen! Let us know what your prize is.
I finally sent my box out to Katie. :o)

Such nice boxes being sent. Love reading the posts.

Beth, thanks for the welcome back.

Katie, Over Memorial Day Weekend I was in an area where the Dwarf Lake Iris (Iris lacustris) grows. I was going to get some for you, but decided to investigate first. I was so glad I didn't dig any up ....Turns out they wouldn't have lived out your way.
Sharon

o

Jenn, I haven't forgotten you. I was away for a few days and it's pouring like mad today. I have a part of what i am sending, just need to get the rest together.

carol, i received your wonderful box and i can't thank you enough. thanks for remembering my granddaughter as well. she's super excited to receive gloves, and she took the necklace, wearing it now, but i get to keep the earrings! and the salve....we all can't thank you enough for this. everyone gets their own!!!!!!!! and a three pack of gloves for me! yipee, i am so dang hard on gloves, i go through so many pairs in a season, even when i wear latex under them. so these are very much appreciated.
i can't plant anything today, too much rain, but hopefully can get to to it tomorrow.

peony bowl of beauty
blazing star liatris
comfrey roots
a fabulous horseradish root!!!!!
NOID daylily
and what i think might be onions, but not sure

thanks so much carol, everything is appreciated.

jenn, it's coming, i promise!!!!!!!!!!

maryanne

o

Jenn, I haven't forgotten you. I was away for a few days and it's pouring like mad today. I have a part of what i am sending, just need to get the rest together.

carol, i received your wonderful box and i can't thank you enough. thanks for remembering my granddaughter as well. she's super excited to receive gloves, and she took the necklace, wearing it now, but i get to keep the earrings! and the salve....we all can't thank you enough for this. everyone gets their own!!!!!!!! and a three pack of gloves for me! yipee, i am so dang hard on gloves, i go through so many pairs in a season, even when i wear latex under them. so these are very much appreciated.
i can't plant anything today, too much rain, but hopefully can get to to it tomorrow.

peony bowl of beauty
blazing star liatris
comfrey roots
a fabulous horseradish root!!!!!
NOID daylily
and what i think might be onions, but not sure

thanks so much carol, everything is appreciated.

jenn, it's coming, i promise!!!!!!!!!!

maryanne

o

Maryanne its a walking onion, glad everything arrived alive. I saw the cutest pink gloves with trowel last month but was dissapointed it was gone when I went shopping for you. comfrey is not very pretty has an igsignificant purple flower but is a great herb, recipe should be in your message box on facebook. big hugs will try to sent small box of things I didn't have time to pack because of pushy husband. big hugs carol

o

i was just out digging for jenn and realized i forgot something that carol sent. a major, major aloe plant, which i potted up immediately. sorry to have forgotten caropl. thanks again!!!! xoxoxo

o

yeah, thanks Michelle:) I plan on digging/ sending Thursday, if that's ok.
no worries maryanne:) what a foggy, yucky day today. good day to work:)

o

Hello
Our bingo words for today are....
#1........rosa
#2........allysum

We had 2 inches of rain in the last 24 hours, and about 2 inches this weekend. The Fabius river just down the hill from our house is way over its banks for the third time this spring. Right in front of our house is a 30 acre field of corn, looks so cool all popping up in such nice neat lines. We have about 25 black-swallow tail caterpillars in my sewing room, they have picked bronze fennel this year.
Well that's all for me tonight, see you all tomorrow.
Michelle

o

Tue, May 28, 13 at 23:01

Last week I had to make a surprise trip to Colorado for work. The weather was beautiful, but I was really busy. Sharon, it sounds like both of us were out of town around the same time. Glad we each waited to send our boxes!

I came home this afternoon and got all of the plants dug up, packed up in their box, a priority mail label printed up, and it's ready to go to Sharon. DC # is 9405 5036 9930 0443 2523 31 I will be dropping it off at the post office first thing tomorrow morning on the way to work.

Oooo, Sharon, I went and read about Iris lacustris. What a beauty! but considering it's range and cool microclimate habitat, I'm not sure I could grow it either.

I have not been keeping up with Bingo very well. Is anyone close?

Katie

o

all dug and now wrapping and boxing up, will hit the post office this afternoon, jen. hope you like what i chose for you!

i was just out a minute or so ago and noticed the old lady plant (thief) eyeing up my driveway again. i moved everything that is in holding all the way to the back by the fence, so she really has to "travel" to get to loose stuff now. she didn't see me, but i stood there watching her check things out. then i think i spooked her when i said hello, she seemed caught off guard and then went up the street. interesting to say the least.

so has anyone hit any sales at any of the big box stores. i love the "reject" shelves and am hoping to get some dead to them but not to me perennials to fill up other spaces. i've done that on occasion in the past, still hoping they do this or that i hit the stores at just the right time. i'd like to ger more varieties of hosta and heuchera. i wish the garden center i went to up in lancaster did that, they must have had 25 or more varieties of heuchera, wish you could root them from just snipping a leaf, because i would have been a snipper that day! LOL

it's going to be hot. we went from raining, windy, cold temps and going straight into the 90's. i will not complain, since i am not in the path of yet another tornado. i'm just stating how insane weather is.

well, if i don't get off the computer, my box won't get packed or mailed, so i'll call it a day for now.

carol, thanks for the update on the comfrey and i'll check out the recipe message!

by the way, my potatoes are starting to flower. i'm one excited farmer!

maryanne

o

Hello
We have a winner in the bingo, check your cards .

I hit the jackpot at lowes a few weeks ago, I got 10 green velvet boxwoods and 8 rebloomer azelias for a doller each. All in great shape and doing great.
I love the sale rack.

Michelle

o

Wed, May 29, 13 at 22:30

Wow, Michelle, you totally scored at that sale rack!
Oh, would you mind listing all the BINGO words you've called thus far for those of us who are more challenged? LOL

MaryAnne, your stories about the suspect plant thief are just maddening. You need a game camera so you can catch the thief in the act!! Know anybody you can borrow one from?

Katie

o

Bingo words

Achillea
Allium
Allysum
Begonia
Camellia
Campanula
Cassia
Chelone
Columbine
Coneflowers
Dahlia
Digitalis
Nepeta
Mallows
Pinks
I have a game camera , I use it to see who is stalking my chickens.

We have more chicks hatching this morning, my sons hen finaly decided to sit.

Well will check back later.

Michelle

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-So much rain in Southeast Iowa & forecast for another up to 4 inches in the next 2 days. I did get some of my great plants from Shirley in the ground (thanks again, Shirley, they are looking great). I still haven't planted seeds yet so hope we get some real good growing weather soon. I really can't complain thinking & praying for those who having to deal with tornados & the rest of disasters.

Sue I am glad you received the plant I sent & will be putting the rest in the mail I hope tomorrow. We are out of town today with not enough time to get it all together.

The swaps coming through are just great. Isn't it wonderful sharing like this? Such a great group.

Have a wonderful weekend coming up. Blessings, Margaret

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-So much rain in Southeast Iowa & forecast for another up to 4 inches in the next 2 days. I did get some of my great plants from Shirley in the ground (thanks again, Shirley, they are looking great). I still haven't planted seeds yet so hope we get some real good growing weather soon. I really can't complain thinking & praying for those who having to deal with tornados & the rest of disasters.

Sue I am glad you received the plant I sent & will be putting the rest in the mail I hope tomorrow. We are out of town today with not enough time to get it all together.

The swaps coming through are just great. Isn't it wonderful sharing like this? Such a great group.

Have a wonderful weekend coming up. Blessings, Margaret

o

Michelle, you did hit the Jackpot at Lowes! I need to get back there!

Hot and humid today.

Katie, sorry about sending you those milkweed seeds. I knew you wanted some, but GW was down when I was packing up, so what do I do ? ..... I threw in the ones you DIDN'T want. sigh.

Off to walk the dog......
sharon

o

Michelle- your box is flying out tomorrow:)

o

Michelle - your box is on its way:)

o

Fri, May 31, 13 at 11:00

I received my awesome box from Sharon yesterday filled with a wide assortment of beautiful natives!
The post office wasn't exactly gentle with the box, but I'm hoping to keep them watered and get those roots to dig down deep and they should be thriving by next spring.
Here's what she sent:
Chamaecrista nictitans. Sharon, I call this partridge pea down here :) It is such a good plant for providing food for birds, especially quail.
Asarum canadense, wild ginger. What a swwet little plant!
Darmera peltata, umbrella plant. Did not know this plant before, but wow it looks really beautiful
Heuchera, Amethyst Myst. I've been contemplating putting in some heuchera for awhile now. This one is GORGEOUS!
Erythronium americanum, trout lily bulbs. Right off my wish list :)
Arisaema triphyllum, jack-in-the-pulpit. One of my new favorite shady natives. I only have 2 plants thus far, so this is a welcome addition.
Geranium maculatum, wild geranium. Another sweet little native plant! I definately need the low-growers.
Asclepias curassavica Silky Gold. The monarchs thank you!
And some terrific munchies. Sharon, I first had these wasabe almonds just last week in the airport on my way home. They were delicious! My husband munched on them pretty hard too, LOL. And the jolly ranchers are at work to snack on. Mmmm yum!
Thank you so much for the wonderful box! BTW, your soil is wonderful. The post office said you should be getting yours today! Yippee!

I found 2 Asclepias variegata volunteers yesterday along the edge of our meadow in part shade. I've been wanting some of this milkweed species for awhile now. Doesn't get much better than finding volunteers in bloom on your own property!

Katie

o

hi everyone. GW is acting up on me, so this needs to be short and sweet. jen, your box was sent a few days ago, i was hoping it would get there today, if not, keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow. i do have the tracking, they do it differently now, so if needed, i'll post it.

maryanne

o

Came home from work and yippee my box from Katie had arrived!
She sent me some wonderful plants for my woodland garden.

Salvia Lyrata , interesting looking leaves . I think this may become a favorite.

Witch alder, it's always nice to have fall color in the woods!

Elderberry, the birds thank you Katie!

Blue eyed grass, I never knew this was a native and that it could grow in part shade.

Common self heal, Katie, I had seeds for this I was going to start this spring,but hadn't gotten around to it. So now, if the seeds don't take, it will be ok ....cause I have PLANTS.

False Solomon's seal, such a beautiful delicate plant. I've never seen it in the woods around my home .... I hope it does ok here.

Katie, thank you for all the interesting natives you sent. I know they will all be beautiful in my garden.
Sharon

o

Maryanne- I had a lovely surprise waiting for me today after work:) What a nice box. I have everything soaking in water as they were pretty thirsty:). Maryanne sent me 3 different irises, cana, hosta, daylily, penstamon- huskers red, pulmonaria, lily of the valley, heucherella, yellow archangel. What a great box- thank you:) I really wish I could be planting! I worked 13 hours today, then did homework, and have twelve hours to work tomorrow;(
Have a great night everyone!

o

hi everyone. jenn glad the box arrived. i'm beginning to question "priority mail" delivery though. but hopefully once they have a good soaking they will produce for you...if not this year, next. i hope you are satisfied with the choices. i did find tonight when i was putting out the recycling, two something or others laying in the driveway. must have dropped them after i was done washing leaves, they should have gone in your box jen, but now they are compost. we are in a heat wave. i left with plants looking wonderful and came home to wilted droopping everything...sad. i plan to get up quite early tomorrow morning and water if we don't get the rain they are saying we are. i would not mind an every two day rain, this way no one forgets to water!

it was fun to swap this month, i haven't in a while. looking forward to more.

as an aside, my granddaughter has been invited by her school principal to take part in the flag raising and lowering ceremony on the last day of school. what a great honor!!!!! she just bridged in scouting and was part of the color guard and i thought that was all that, but this is just an amazing honor...all those kids and you pick mine!

hope everyone is enjoying their blooms.
maryanne

o

Katie guess you have been busy.. You won the bingo game!
Send me your address so I can send you your prize.
Congrats
I'll post when my box get here.

Sorry about the drout taking its toll, we had a bad drout for the last two years but now everything is drowning. I have some plants that look to be rotting in the soaking wet ground. We had about 6 to 8 inches last week and 2 dry days and more rain tomorrow and the next 3 days.
Oh well just cant get it just right.
Michelle

o

Michelle,
Wonderful news about your granddaughter! I hope there will be pictures taken for her to always remember it.

So she is a Girl Scout .... :o)
My daughter and I went all the way through Scouts. It gets hard to stay in Scouts in the older years, but she had very flexible leaders. Just wanted to say my daughter was told when she was applying to colleges, it looked very good on the college applications to have stuck with something so long and a group that was know for community service.

We have been getting a nice rain almost every day, but not too much. I haven't had to water yet. Don't worry Katie, I gave those new plants a good watering!

I haven't mulched the garden in 2 years and am paying for it now .... weeds galore! It is supposed to only get to 69 today, so I'm off to get the mulch. A day of hard work ahead of me. sigh.
sharon

o

Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 15:46

Whoa! What? I won? Yes, I have been busy and have not had a chance to look at my bingo. Thanks for looking out for me, Michelle. I'll send you my address in an email.

Sharon, isn't it lovely to have rain come along when plants need to be watered? If only we all had such luck. Saturday night we had some pretty serious and noisy thunderstorms which dropped over an inch of rain. I am glad to have just gotten some beans planted earlier in the day. How did the blue-eyed grass look when it arrived? I am wondering if it traveled well compared to the other plants.

Katie

o

Katie, only the False Solomon's Seal looked anemic. The rest of the plants looked great. I had to laugh at my dog though. The first thing I planted was the grass, then I planted the rest. When I was leaving the area I saw the blue eyed grass dug up ... and Cash the dog was chewing on it. I replanted them and he got yelled at. He has left them alone since. Funny you asked about them. LOL

Sharon

o

Jilee can you check the tracking number on the box you sent, still has not shown up.
Thanks
Michelle

o

Yes I received a wonderful gift from Margaret over a week ago. A red shrimp plant which is always on my most wanted list since I lost my last one several years ago. I can't thank you enough Margaret. I love It!

Sue G

o

Lots of nice boxes swapped this month,....love to add new plants to the gardens.

Sorry I have been so busy and got behind posting for the June swap....will do that right now.

Everyone sign up while we can swap our plants and add new ones.

Shirley

o

michelle, as of 6/2 it was in hazelwood, mo.

o

Ok, st Louis was hit by tornados last Friday and shipping through there has slowed. Hazeleood is in st Louis area.
Thanks
The boys and I found some monarch eggs today, yay they made it.
Michelle

o

I hope it makes it soon!

o

I hope it makes it soon!

o

looks like it is on its way to you michelle- you should get it today:) I hope everything made it ok. So much for priority mail!

o

Hello, Ladies-I finally got the rest of Sue's box sent. So much company & too much rain here. The tracking # is
9114 9010 7574 2455 6886 15. Thanks, Michelle for hosting. Blessings, Margaret

o

Hello
Yes my box did make it yesterday, after 6days in the box they look kinda beat up , but I will get them planted today and baby them a lot.
I could not read the note very good but there is 2 daylilys, a verigated sedum, yarrow and several other nice plant starts.
Thanks for the plants
I will get your prizes out next week, this week has just been nuts.
Michelle

o

I am glad they finally made it after being shipped priority on may 31! Crazy! Were you able to read the names of what I sent?.

o

I received my wonderful box from Margaret this week having received my red shrimp plant a couple weeks before. Poor box - he was in "priority" mail for 6-7 days!

All arrived well though, here is what I received:

Six big beautiful succulents
Spring Pot Percher
Snail Pot Hanger
Pruning Shears
Bag of GREAT seeds that I wanted
and the cutest garden turtle ever

Thanks so much Margaret I love everything!

Sue G

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here