Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: obf june swap -blooming friends

Posted by brittneysgran z6NC (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 22:25

OBF is a year long swap group. You must be a member to be a part of this swap. If you would like to join OBF's please let me know.
Photobucket
I've tried and tried to come up with something new and different so here goes.
I found many June celebrations: Flag Day, Fathers Day, National Rose Month, Hug Your Cat Day, Summer Picnic, even found where the Toothbrush was invented in 1498 on June 26th. Thanks to the one who invented that Toothbrush.

Anyway on June 8th it is National Best Friends Day. I remember when this groups was first started and we had a contest and a prize was awarded to the one who came up with the best logo for Our Bloomin Friends Group. The logo you see was submitted by me and still used today.
What is the logo about? You guessed it FRIENDS!!!!!!!
I have made so many friends over the years on gardenweb and will always remember the plants they have shared with me through these swaps. We need simple swaps during these busy months so lets sign up, be paired with a friend and send something really special to that gardening friend.
Use your imigination and have fun with it. Our want lists are there for a reason so hopefully we can find something our friend has been looking for.

I plan to have games and will start off with this one:
The winner will receive this Calla Lily Samur
Photobucket

I will try not to make this too hard. The first one with the correct answer wins. I just ordered some bulbs/plants from a bulb sale last week. Tell me at least 6 different kinds that I ordered.

Sign-ups will be until Wednesday June 6th.

Shirley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: obf june swap -blooming friends

I will join for june here are my guesses

caladium
elephant ears
gladdiolas
hippeastrum
iris
dwarf iris
bearded iris
crocus
freesia
tulips
daffodils
euphorbia
musa
banana
alliam
hyacynthus
fritillaria
astilbe
oxalis
anemone
cannas
muscari
lamium
ornithogalum
baptisia
galanthus
helleborus
lobelia
viola

o

Shirley,

"Blooming Friends" for June sounds lovely!!! Count me in for the fun!

And now I will take a guess on what you ordered...at least 6............

Dahlias
Callas
Japanese Iris
Siberian Iris
Bearded Iris
Asiatic lilies
Daylilies
Astilbe
Crocosmia
Oriental lilies
Hostas
Glads
Amaryllis
Echinacea
Gingers

Happy Friday!

Annie

o

count me in always love your swaps. hugs carol

o

Way to go Annie-you have 5 of the bulbs that I ordered. You are in the lead.

Sue-So nice to have you join us. You have 1 of the bulbs that I ordered.

Members joining Junes Swap:
brittneysgran
sguanzon
canyonwind
veeja11

Off to bed-so tired

Shirley

o

Shirley,
My bulbs that I ordered from the sale arrived yesterday. They look really good! Thanks for passing along the information.

Sorry to all, but I won't be joining in for June. I had oral surgery a few days ago and have two more outpatient surgeries ahead - with the hot weather and all I am not adding a lot to my "to do" list.

I'll be back to chat and visit.
Have fun!

Jeanne

o

Shirley - First off, the logo & the pic of the Calla Lilly are beautiful. Friends & flowers...what more could a girl ask for?? ;)

Secondly, being a newbie, I'm loving it so far and couldn't wait to be able to join. I received some wonderful new seeds last month through this lovely group and I hope to be a valuable new asset. Most importantly, I love to make new friends. It's a wonderful thing....never can have too many flowers and certainly not too many friends ;)

Having said that, I'm in for the June swap.

Finally, here are my guesses of bulbs that you might have ordered....

Cannas
Tulips
Dragon Arum
Asiatic Lily
Amaryllis
Toad Lilies
Oriental lilies
Daylilies
Irises, Japanese, Siberian, Bearded, etc.
Dahlias
Hostas
Orchid
Hibiscus
Callas
Astilbe
Crocosmia
Glads
Echinacea
Gingers

Good luck to all!
Janet

o

Count me in this month.
Faye!

o

Faye-Welcome back lady...so glad to see your post. Hope everything is going well for you. I need to ask you a question? Do you know where Lafollette, TN is? I plan to make a trip there sometime this month, Mary Jane Meadows owns Westbourne daylilies and I want to visit her. She has some beautiful daylilies.

Janet-I agree about Friends and Flowers....Pure Heavenly
By the way you named 6 of the bulbs I recently ordered so you are the winner of the Calla Lily. Congratulations

Jeanne-My bulbs were really big. I ordered two astibles and they had small shoots coming from the root system. I cannot believe how big they have gotten since I planted them. They look like they have been planted for a month or two. Sorry you will miss this swap but we understand... You take care and please join in on the games.

I went to the Farmers Market and was really dissapointed, I did not do well at all which is unusual. The weather was really chilly this morning and the daylilies just would not open thus not many sold.

brittneysgran
sguanzon
canyonwind
veeja11
1JanetH
nottougly

I will think of another game and a prize.

Shirley

o

I'll jump in on this swap. :)

~ Melody

o

Yay me!!! Thanks Shirley!!

Janet

o

brittneysgran
sguanzon
canyonwind
veeja11
1JanetH
nottougly
astroknot

Where is everybody? Beautiful day here in the Mountains of N.C. I think I need to send Maryanne, Mellen, Margaret, Melissa, (The 4 M ladies) Vina and the others an invitation to our June swap. I see you ladies on facebook so come on over and join our swap.

Out to move the water hose...wish we could get some more rain.

I will be back later with a game.

Shirley

o

Hi, again-Please sign me up for this one, Shirley. I think your idea is a great one & simple is my specialty! Blessings, Margaret

o

Shirley, not sure if I missed something but was wondering when the package needs to be sent. Do you want it sent by National Friends day, June 8th? I would be interested in joining this swap but my daughters wedding is Saturday the 9th so can't even think of doing a swap til after the 10th. :/

Beautiful Calla by the way. Margo

o

brittneysgran
sguanzon
canyonwind
veeja11
1JanetH
nottougly
astroknot
margaret_2007

Margo-Mail date is by June 20th. Fathers Day is coming up and my DH's Birthday is in June so I need a little time as well. Congratulations to your daughter on her upcoming wedding.

Coral Point

GAME TIME:::::::::::::::::::::::::

The winner receives the bearded iris above....Coral Point
Answer this trivia.
What do these names have in common?..... Winnebago - Tobacco - Chinook - Laguna - Mobile - Mono - Yazoo.

Good Luck

Shirley

o

They are Native American Indian tribes.
Faye!

o

Hi, Shirley-The only thing I can think of would be Indian Tribes but that might be a stretch! Blessings, Margaret

o

Faye-You are right.......WINNER

Margaret-Faye just bearly beat you.

We got a wonderful rain this afternoon. I like it when I don't have to water when I get home.

Photobucket

Night ladies

Shirley

o
RE: new: -blooming friends

I know it's late when I can't spell barely????????

o

Hi Ladies!
This is a wonderful idea for a swap, but I"m going to have to sit out again this month. Hopefully, I'll be able to swap again soon. I'm just working some overtime right now to try to help out with our finances. We've had a rough time this past few months, and have many decisions to make about our mortgage. To say I'm dealing with some stress right now would be an understatement! :P But this too shall pass, right?
Anyway....I hope you ladies have fun this month, and I hope to join again soon.
Hugs to all!
Melissa

o

Faye - Congrats on the win! What a beautiful iris :D

Janet

o

With the later send date, I'm in. Once the wedding is over, I will be able to get some gardening done and get caught up.

I know this is supposed to be "simple" and we are to send something special but I am not sure if this is specifically a plant swap. I know this time of year can be rough for sending a plant. Can we contact our swap partner to see if their weather is ok for sending plants?

Congrats to the winners of the beautiful flowers. Margo

o

Yippee!!!
I can't believe I won something.
I never win! This is my lucky day:)
It is a beautiful Iris.
Thanks

o

brittneysgran
sguanzon
canyonwind
veeja11
1JanetH
nottougly
astroknot
margaret_2007
smitties

Sitting Out:::::
Sandlapper-rose
hazelnutbunny

Welcome Margo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAME TIME:::::::::::::::
The Winner gets this Japanese Iris Chitose Hime
Photobucket

Question is name the three ladies who are charter members of this group. The list of the members is below.

Active Members of OBF
Amy/serenity_lane_ga
Annnie/canyonwind
Carol/veega11
Christine/Christine00
Faye/nottougly
Janet/1JanetH
Jeanne/sandlapper_rose
Jen/jlee160
Margaret/margaret-2007
Margo/smitties
Mary Ellen/mellen
Maryanne/earthlydelights
Melissa/hazelnutbunny
Melody/astroknot
Michelle/micyrey
Rose/rosemctier
Shirley/brittneysgran
Sue/sguanzon
Vina/flowergirl34
Rose/rosemetier

Shirley

o

Shirley...good question!!

I am going to guess Carol (Veega), Maryanne (Earthly) and Jeanne (Sandlapper).

Happy Friday!!

Annie

o

I guess carol, maryanne and mary Ellen, think Shirley was in there too as she came up with the logo

o

Hey, I was just wondering if the partners for this trade have been assigned yet. I looked through this thread, but I don't know if it was posted and I just missed it.

Beautiful, but breezy day today. My back porch finally looks moderately green again, and plants seem to finally be taking off. And, I have WAY TOO MANY plants. Again! I'll have to donate some, I think. When you grow everything in containers like I do, space really is a big issue. But I WISH I could keep 12 tomato plants!

o

Hey, I was just wondering if the partners for this trade have been assigned yet. I looked through this thread, but I don't know if it was posted and I just missed it.

Beautiful, but breezy day today. My back porch finally looks moderately green again, and plants seem to finally be taking off. And, I have WAY TOO MANY plants. Again! I'll have to donate some, I think. When you grow everything in containers like I do, space really is a big issue. But I WISH I could keep 12 tomato plants!

o

DOH! Why did that show up twice???

o

Charter members: Carol, Shirley and Maryanne?

Jeanne

o

Hello Ladies, Carol you are the winner. The three charter members of the "Our Blooming Friends Group" is Carol, Mary Ellen and Maryanne. I was in the Traveling Daylilies Group at the time and decided a little later to join Our Blooming Friends. Jeanne and Sue both joined shortly after the group formed. There have been many friends in this group that I will never forget. Anyway I am late pairing up partners so here goes.

brittneysgran sends to nottougly
sguanzon sends to 1JanetH
canyonwind sends to smitties
veeja11 sends to astroknot
1JanetH sends to margaret 2007
nottougly sends to canyonwind
astroknot sends to veeja11
margaret_2007 sends to brittneysgran
smitties sends to sguanzon

Shirley

o

1JanetH could you please send me your address as soon as possible?

Thank you!

Sue G
(sguanzon)

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Names are posted & I am pleased I get to send to you, Shirley. I know all will be happy with what we receive & I love the simplicity of this exchange.

Shirley-Will you send me your address as soon as possible?

It is a beautiful day here right now but supposed to get into the 90's today & tomorrow. Have several containers planted so watering will be going on lots. I did something really different this spring. I wasn't able to exchange for some time & had lots of seeds so I sent some to Annie in the last exchange (a lemonade mixture) & then I planted a whole lot of them in along with some of the container plants. I can't wait until I see what I get! I didn't do the perennial seeds but am going to plant some to get them going for next year. I finally got my cosmos & zinnas seeds planted & they are coming up good. I love to go out in the morning & see what has happened since the day before. I have really had a time with the bulbs I planted with something digging them up & eating them. I also have squirrels that plant black walnuts in my beds so have lots of little trees I continually must pull up. I thought about putting moth balls around but don't know if that will help. Any suggestions? Need to get busy so must quit rambling. Have a wonderful weekend, All. Blessings, Margaret

o

Shirley, it looks like Carol (veeja11) and I will be solely trading with each other. It looks like the rest of the swap has been spread out amongst the rest of the group, so it looks like this is an accident? I don't mind, by the way! But I'm just making a note that, while everyone else will be receiving a trade from a different person that who they will be sending to, Carol and I will be trading with just ourselves.

~ Melody

o

Melody-I didn't catch that last night but if that is OK we will just leave it. Actually some swaps consist of one sending and receiving with the same person. I did go to previous posts and tried not to match up someone with the one they sent to over the last 2-3 swaps.

Margaret-It does not take much to excite us gardeners. I do the same thing. Everyday checking seedlings and new plants that have been planted. I have the same problem with black walnut trees. If we did not pull them up it would be a jungle here. Not that I don't like black walnuts but I like to decide where I want to plant trees. LOL

Margaret-My address is on its way.

Shirley

o

Sue G - I msg'd you with my addy.

margaret 2007- could you please send me your addy asap. Thanks!

Oh this is exciting!!
Janet

o

Hi everyone...LTNT!!!

Shirley, sorry to miss your swap. I couldn't commit now - maybe in the next couple of months. It's been rough lately. My garden beds are suffering as well. I need to make a job change soon, real soon, before all the glue in the world can't put this humpty back together again

I see we have some new(er) members. Hello and welcome. Being a "charter" member, I've been here since day one. Lots of changes, but still one very positive thing. this group is strong and is jammed packed with great gardeners!

A nice breeze is making it's attempt here, but not quite succeeding to my liking.

Hoping everyone is well. I hope to get back to things sooner rather than later.

happy blooms!!!!
Maryanne

o

Well, the wedding is over and now I can concentrate on my beloved gardens. I did do some gardening during all the planning and I think that is what kept my sanity during all of this. LOL

I will be in contact with SueG to get her address and start thinking about what to send. Still waiting to get out of the fog I am in from exhaustion.

Margo

o

I sent Janet's box off yesterday and emailed her the DC#. Hopefully she will get it Wednesday and like what I sent!

Sue G

o

Sue G - I'm sure I will love it!

I'm still trying to figure out what to send my new "bloomin' friend" lol

Janet

o

Faye, I just responded to your email!!

Margo, I just sent you an email confirming your address!!

And Janet, welcome to the OBF'ers!

Off to frolic outside!

Annie

o

I feel like I've just had Christmas at my house!!!

Sue G - you absolutely did wonderful!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I luuuuuuuuv my plants :D For the record, she sent me:

Prince of Midnight
I Can Fly
Spotted Fever
Purple Coneflower
Jade
Rosemary
Victoria Blue Salvia

When I was opening the little happies, I was squealing like a little kid on Christmas morning hahaha My hubby was like...spotted fever??!! Are we sure we want that?? LOL!

I really appreciate the kindness of my new friend :) Along with everyone else that has made me feel welcomed to this wonderful group of ladies. I hope I can be an asset as well. It may take me a little while being that my gardens are new but they will eventually begin to multiply and I will be able to share all these lovely new plants that I've acquired in trades with all of you precious ladies. God bless you all!

Happy Gardening,
Janet

o

sguanzon sends to 1JanetH - sent/received
canyonwind sends to smitties
nottougly sends to canyonwind
smitties sends to sguanzon

Nice box Janet....Sue you did good, are the first plants daylilies? I have a daylily called spotted fever and love it.

Maryanne-Hello, sorry you missed the swap but we all understand. Good luck in finding a new job. Sure wish there were more jobs to choose from.

Off to get some weeding done. I will find a daylily for our next game. I won't ship any of the plant prizes until the end of the month in case someone wins twice.

Shirley

o

Thanks Shirley :) And yes, I believe the top 3 are daylilies. I looked them up, not too mention the root system and fans look like daylilies.

Janet

o

Yes the first three are daylilies. I also have Spotted Fever. Mine hasn't bloomed yet but I love the picture. Janet, I believe the one I shipped you already had a scape on it so you'll probably get to see yours before I see mine!

Sue G

o

My daylilies are gorgeous this year...I've never seen so many scapes on them. Never seen them bloom as early as they did this year either.

Talking about daylilies, let's do another game.

Our theme being about our group and friends this month answer this question. We now know who the three charter members of the group are. We know who chose the logo for the group. Tell me who came up with the name of the group.
That is WHO named this group OUR BLOOMING FRIENDS.

THE WINNER GETS THIS DAYLILY
John Peat
John Peat

Shirley

o

Shirley, "Our Blooming Friends"...was named by Debbya???

Janet, nice selection of plants!!! Enjoy!!!

Happy Friday!!

Annie

o

I am going to guess Maryanne.

o

We are going to head for a weekend camping trip to relax after our busy time with the wedding. I have been in contact with Sue to let her know I will be mailing her box on Tuesday. I know what I want to send so hope the varieties are blooming in full by then to make sure I send the right thing :?)

I have no idea who would have named our group but will throw out the name of Veeja. I am curious as to whole long this group has existed. It is a wonderful group and I have enjoyed the swapping I have done for the last couple of years.

Margo

o

Shirley...I'm going to guess....Mary Ellen named the group.

Annie...Thank you :)

SueG....Yes, you're right. It does have a scape on it and I'm so excited....I've planted everything and with all the rain we're getting, hoping I'll see some progress shortly :) Thank you so much!

Question...I now have a daylily that a lady gave my mom a couple of years ago. It's tall and the blossom is very big. The color is identical to the eye of the bloom above. It's entirely that one yellowish color. Can anyone tell me the name of it? Thanks!

Janet

o

Janet-Can you post a picture of your daylily?

Annie-Whoa lady you did your homework and are correct on it being Debbya who named this group. You get the daylily 'John Peat'. Congratulations

Margo-Good for you...Camping is always a good get-away. Have fun.

My plant sales are going great this year. A lady came last evening and bought $303.00 worth of plants. I was so excited because I need that money for my trip to Westbourne daylilies. I will be meeting Mary Jane Meadows the Hybridizer and getting more of her daylilies.

Speaking of daylilies the next daylily up for grabs is:

ARMS REACHING OUT
Photobucket

The first one to answer this question wins the daylily.
Tell me how old my Granddaughter and Grandson are. If no one gets it exactly the closest wins.

Brittney________

Dawson__________

Getting up early in the morning and doing clean-ups in the gardens downtown.

Night ladies

Shirley

o

brittney 16 = dawson 9
gorgeous daylily

o

can I be a member of this club?

o

Hello girlwithagreenthumb-To become a member of this group you must have traded with a member or be willing to trade with one to get started. The trade can be seeds or plants that is up to you and who you trade with. We have a different hostess each month hosting the swaps.

Maybe a member will step up and arrange a trade with you.
We are so glad you chose this group to join.

Leaving in the morning for my trip. Will post when I get back Monday.

Shirley

o

I won...oh my!!

Shirley, your grandchildren ages.....
Brittany 18
Dawson 12

Girlwithagreenthumb...I am happy to do a quick trade with you so that you can become an OBF'er. Touch base with me via email and we can set something up.

Party guests are arriving...must run. Happy Sunday.

Annie

o

Brittney 17 Dawson 11?

o

Hi ladies....I'm having internet probs at home & had to travel to town to connect. So, if you don't hear from me as much, that's why. I do have connection via cell phone but it won't let me connect to this site :( So, if someone needs me, shoot me a quick email and I'll respond.

Also, as of right now, no, I can't upload the pic of my daylily but when I can, I will. Thanks though :)

Another issue...I've emailed Margaret2007 but have not gotten a response for her address. If anyone can touch base with her, please do and have her check for my mail. Thanks!
Otherwise, I won't be able to send her package out :(

Shirley....My guess for your grandchildrens' ages are:
Brittney 19
Dawson 15

Congrats to all the winners!!

Happy Gardening All!
Janet

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-

Janet-I sent you an email thru Garden Web just as soon as I heard from you. Sometimes that doesn't work! Here is my address

Margaret J. Curry
310 North Main Street
Danville, Iowa, 52623

Sorry for making this difficult for you.

I hope it isn't as hot where you ladies are as it is here. In the ninties all week-that's usually August weather here. I don't like the heat at all & try to get most of my outside work done before it hits here. This year that didn't happen. We also got almost 4 inches of rain a couple days ago which we really needed.

Shirley-I will be a little late sending your exchange-sometimes life gets in the way of what we want to do & I am finding that quite often lately.

I am having trouble seeing tonight so please forgive any mis-spelling.

Blessings, Margaret

o

Margo, I packed up your "blooming friends" box and it is headed out in the morning. A little bunny action last night on one of your little plants. And it is pretty warm out here, so I am not sure how it will arrive....LOL! Probably dead!!!

I will post the DC # tomorrow sometime.

Happy Tuesday!!

Annie

o

My box is headed out to Sue. The heat is on here so I hope it is kept in air conditioning. I packed it up and headed to the post office so it was sent fresh. DC 03112550000201448196

Hope it arrives by Thursday and Sue likes it. Margo

o

Margo, your box flew out of here this morning!

DC# 0312 0090 0002 0644 6904 Priority. It should arrive Thursday!!

Annie

o

Melody, your box is coming from the grower, will give you conf number as soon as they send me one. big hugs to all my bloomin friends

o

Annie-You need to go and play the lottery...You won again.
The ages
Brittney 22
Dawson 8

No one guessed it really close so what I did was add the two ages and came up with 30. Annie your two guesses equaled 30.

Hope to get out all the plant wins next week. So busy this time of year.

Take care eveyone

Shirley

o

Margo

Your box arrived just fine!

I love everything!

Margo sent:

Green Envy Coneflower
dwarf Creopsis
sunfire coreopsis
Garden mum (pink)
Coneflower (either sundown or summer sky)
Sedum (low growing)

Thanks so much for picking everything!

Sue G

o

Margaret - Thanks so much for posting your addy here. I just got your email today which I will respond to shortly. My internet is still not up at home so I'm sitting in McDonald's with my laptop....lovely LOL! Now that I have your addy, your package will go out on Monday. Either way, I'll email you the tracking # when I have it. Sorry I'm just now getting to this but with the net down at home, it just isn't possible to come in to town daily :( My phone will let me check my email but for some reason it doesn't support the GardenWeb.com site.

Looks like everyone is enjoying the summer....and the plants :) Hope to be back here soon.....just as soon as that internet at home is up and going again :D

Happy Gardening to all!
Janet

o

Wow, just received my box from Annie and she went way beyond in her selection of products. I was amazed at what she packed in that box.

Two hot mitts which I need desperately
Body Butter that smells good
Blackberry jam, we just ran out of jam
A package of mini heath bars, yum, the heat got to these so they are in the freezer and as soon as no one is looking, they will be in hiding
seed ziplocks
a four pack of socks, love socks
Oxalis bulbs
reblooming iris
and I got coreopsis Nana which I was really excited about. My mil who passed away 7 years ago was called "Nana" by our kids. This will have a special place in the garden.

Now, the question. There was a green plastic molded stick thing??????????? It was tucked in a mitt so not sure if it should even be in there.

Sue, did you find the dancing flower in the bottom of the box? Glad you enjoyed your plants. Let me know if that coneflower is not a green envy and if the others prove to be, I will send another.

Annie, thank you thank you thank you for the fabulous box. Rain is on the way so I am heading out now to plant everything. By the way, the coreopsis looks as though it was just dug up. Great condition.

Margo

o

Ann,
I mailed your box this morning.
DC # 9405 5036 9930 0053 4932 54
Enjoy the goodies.
Faye!

o

Ann, I sent you the wrong DC#.
It is 9405 5036 9930 0053 4932 61
Enjoy the goodies.
Faye!

o

Oops, forgot to mention the many packages of seeds Annie also included. I just posted a review for her.

Margo

o

Yes Margo I forgot to mention the dancing sunflower. It is solar and it is sooooooooo CUTE! Thanks so much!

Sue G

o

Shirley, I won another one of your beauties!! I am so jazzed!! Thank you!!

Margo, the green molded stick thing (LOL) is a "dibble". You stick it in the ground/pots to make holes for seeds or bulbs. I use it also to move little seedlings from one spot to another. The dibble seems to work better than my big fingers.
RE: Coreopsis Nana...I had dug up several hunks last week. I planted some in the ground and potted some of them up. They were doing great and then the bunnies feasted. Your "Nana" should come back fine. Mine are all coming back to life!

Happy Friday!!

Annie

o

Annie, thank you for the dibble. I seemed to remember a conversation in another swap that someone received something they weren't sure about and it was a dibble too. LOL I love the idea and it will certainly come in handy. It will be useful in making a long track indent to put the seeds in as well.

I watered the coreopsis as soon as I got it and it perked right up. I am off tomorrow so that and the other items you sent are going in the garden tomorrow. The heat has finally broken so I can get some more things done outside.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Margo

o

canyonwind sends to smitties - sent/received
nottougly sends to canyonwind - sent
smitties sends to sguanzon - sent/received

Nice boxes being received. What a great group of friends.

Faye-Your box will be mailed Monday along with all the plant prizes for the winners. DH had to work this week-end so of course I had to go to market today. So far behind and it has gotten extremely dry so have to water daily.

Shirley

o

Hi everyone, been really busy this week and away from this board. Just wanted to check in.

Veeja11, I'm sending your package soon!

Speaking of, I need some help figuring out how to mail these plants to Carol. I've never mailed a live plant before. I read up on GW's tutorial on how to wrap it, but my specific question is this: I've got some live bulb plants (won't tell you what kind they are, in order to keep the surprise!) and they have really long leaves. How should I ship them out? Do I cut the leaves? If I keep the leaves as they are, do I find a really large box, or can I use a bubble envelope?

~ Melody

o

Well, I went ahead and cut off most of the leaves. **Nervous**

I hope they survive the trip!

Delivery confirmation # for Veeja11: 0311 2550 0003 2939 0933

Hope you like them!

~ Melody

o

Hi, Lovely Ladies-What a wonderful day here today. Just what I love-low humidity, low temps & I actually got a lot accomplished!

Shirley-Part of your exchange goes in the mail tomorrow & the rest later this week. Sorry to be late & I hope you are pleased.

The other boxes sound great & I really love this trade. Such a bunch of lovely ones in our group & now some new members! I know you will love it here.

Must finish up another small project so will stop hoping you are all having a great day also. Blessings, Margaret

o

Faye,

I received your FANTASTIC blooming friends box today! It was full of good things!!

*a very happy card
*gardening gloves...love my gloves
*seed baggies
*candle...smells great
*M&M's...

Plants...Great selection, some new ones for me. And these plants are in great shape!
*Dusty Miller
*Climbing Lily
*Catmint
*Hosta Blue Angel
*Peruvian Daffodil
*Lily of the Valley
*Tube Rose
*and one I can not ID...Faye, I will email you tomorrow and see what it is. What surprise might it be????

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! I LOVE everything!

Annie

o

Janet I need your address so I can mail your calla lily.
Can you please send the address to Shirley.Speed@shawinc.com

Shirley

o

received a wonderful box from Melody today. all beautifully packed. daylily, coming up roses, daylily,cranberry baby, daylily siloam, shocker, all ones I don't have and a crocosmia lucifer, been hunting for this since I lost mine. seeds
canna, red hot pink
alstromeria unknown color,canna dwarf yellow, amaryllis peppermint stripe, amaryllis red, philippine lily,wastonia, white, peony poppy rose ans pink chiffon, perrys penstemon, godiva white chocolate pearls. a cute origami lily. I love it all, thankyou so much, hope yours gets there soon. hugs carol

o

Oh WOW!!!!!!!!

Carol, you are amazing.

Just got your package, opened it up and found some really, really awesome plants!

Mexican Flame Vine Senecio confuses
Dragon Fruit, Strawberry Pear Hylocereus undatus
Kiwi Vine Plant Actinidia deliciosa

Been looking for the Flame Vine for a long time, thank you so much for that! And the other two.....they are so awesome and exactly up my alley. Unusual, edible, beautiful, TASTY and most of all I should have no trouble growing these in a container garden. I am so excited!

That dragonfruit especially, wow what a neat plant! So cool! It's a cactus, but it also vines. And the flowers bloom at night. You can eat the fruit and the flowers too.

I am so incredibly happy with your trade. And Carol, I'm glad I was able to send you plants which you were looking for as well. I was worried you had all of these kinds already. I hope the Crocosmia makes it through the travel, I was kind of worried to cut off its leaves. Good luck and best wishes with growing them in their new home!

~ Melody

And PS, WOW daylilies have the most lovely petals. It was so neat to see them close up, in person for the first time. They remind me of a luscious brushed canvas painting.

o

Summer has arrived. At 10 am this morning is was 107 degrees in my greenhouse with the door open and fans blowing. It is hot!!
I received my box from Shirley today. She sent a great selection of plants and they made it thru this heat just green and happy.
Thank you Shirley for the
Astitic Lily's, Crossover and Lollypop.
Bearded Iris's, Coral Point and Jennifer Rebecca.
Calla, Samur
Japanese Iris, Chitose Hime
Westbourne Lily, Blackberry Cobbler and the Foul Weather Sunrise.
Also thank you for the Black Eye Susan Vine, the Blusing Susie Vine and the Susie White Eyes Vine.
I really really appreciate everything.
Thank you so much.
Faye!

o

Oops I forgot to mention,
Sirley also sent a crinum bulb.
Thanks again Shirley.
Everything is great.
Faye!

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-It is very,very hot here today & supposed to be for several days. I watered yesterday & will again tomorrow. Hope all that hard work isn't in vain!

Shirley-Your package went out today
0331 2550 0001 5574 7246 with no live plants so it should be there fine.

The exchanges are great & know we will all be pleased. Thanks so much, Shirley, for hosting. Blessings, Margaret

o

brittneysgran sends to nottougly -sent/received
veeja11 sends to astroknot -sent/received
nottougly sends to canyonwind - sent/received
astroknot sends to veeja11 -sent/received
margaret_2007 sends to brittneysgran -sent

Margaret-Janet was having internet problems so not sure where she stands on mailing your box. I have sent an e-mail through GW about needing her address but she has not responded. Hopefully we will both hear from her soon.

Carol-You have the July swap month so any time you want to post it will be fine.

Thank all you ladies for making Junes swap such a fun ordeal.

Margaret-I will post when I receive your box.

Night ladies

Shirley

o

Shirley , thankyou for my jap iris, was almost 70 here today but got it planted despite the terrible heat. Melody, glad you like your plants, saw the flame vine on your want list, then went off your likes to pick the other two, let me know how the fruit tastes when you get some. we had a wonderful trade even if we did get each other. happy to have you as a new gardening friend. ty hugs carol

o

just realized I am supposed to do christmas in july swap, gonna be super busy this month, but will try to work it in and will post it tomorrow. don't know who is not to hot to receive plants but we will see if there is any interest.

o

Hi ladies.....I've been super sick as well as having no internet connection still.

Shirley...I've responded to your msg.

Margaret...I sent you an explanation email that you can share here if you wish and your package will go out on Monday...Lord willin' :)

I'd explain more but it's back home for me and to bed. Must get lots of rest. God bless you all and Happy Gardening!

Janet

o

Carol-You are welcome...glad you have it planted. Thanks for joining in this month. In all my life I have never seen temps in the 100's here in the mountains. Have seen it now two days in a row....It's roasting outside.

Janet...you get better lady, so sorry you are sick. I will mail your calla Monday.

Margaret-I received my gift certificate from Hallson Gardens. Thank you so very much. I have checked out their plants 3-4 times already. It's just like Christmas. Will let you know what I choose.

brittneysgran sends to nottougly -sent/received
veeja11 sends to astroknot -sent/received
nottougly sends to canyonwind - sent/received
astroknot sends to veeja11 -sent/received
margaret_2007 sends to brittneysgran -sent/received

Janet will mail to Margaret Monday and that will officially close this swap when Margaret receives.

Night ladies

Shirley

o

Annie-Please let me know if you got your two daylilies that you won?

Carol received her jap iris, Faye received her bearded iris and I'm mailing Janets calla Monday so if Annie has received her daylilies that should be it.

Shirley

o

Shirley,

The daylilies have not arrived. I will definitley let you know when I receive.

Thank you so much for hosting.

Annie

o

help, I can't post a july swap to the forum, will keep tryin. so please be patient with me. hugs carol

o

Shirley,

The daylilies just arrived. They are in great shape!!! They are now enjoying a soak in a very cool margarita ...I mean water...LOL!

Thank you for your very generous prizes!!!

Happy Monday!

Annie

o

If anyone can post the july swap, it would be appreciated, I can't post, we can see if there is any interest for this month. help please. thankyou hugs carol

o

I can post here but not on the main page

o

Carol, I can try to post the July OBF for you. Do you have the text already typed out? Maybe email it to me, and I'll copy and paste to a new thread.

o

Carol-I posted a new July swap for you...sorry I have been so busy this week I didn't check in earlier. If you can post when one has been started hopefully you can use the one I just did for you.

Thanks Astroknot not sure if Carol read your post.

Margaret-I received my box and shame on me for not posting earlier. Please forgive me. My anniversary was today and I had to set the alarm clock and get up to dig for two ladies who buy alot of plants from me. It was a good morning but I am so tired. Was really hoping to do something really special with DH but it did not work out. I do hear some fireworks even though I cannot see them. LOL

Anyway...Thanks so much for all my goodies, the gift certificate was way enough.

Margaret sent:
Body butter-Vanilla & cinnamon (I love this stuff.)
Flag can cooler
6 pack refill for Pop-up note dispenser
Pop-up note dispenser (I go through these like mad)
Volleyball note pad (It could be a soccer but I need it)
Flag Holder & Jumbo Glow stick(Dawson will take this from me)
Two pig ears for the dogs(They loved these, I will have to get them some more)
And my socks-I truly love good socks and these are airplus aloe infused....I know I will be searching for more of these
Margaret it was just like Christmas opening your box and everything was wrapped so special. Thank you so very much for your kindness.

I hope you and everyone had a fabulous 4th of July.

Shirley

o

Hi everyone....just a quick note....

Shirley - Thank you so much. I received the calla today :)

Margaret- I emailed you with the confirmation number. I mailed the package out earlier this week but forgot about the 4th...hopefully you've received your package.

As for my health, I'm getting better day by day. Thank you all for the kind words and please continue to pray. I'll pop in when I can as the internet is still down. We're looking into satelite...maybe that will be better than this dialup we "have" at the moment :(

Thanks again for being so kind to me and allowing me to join this group.

Janet

o

Janet-Great, glad you received the calla. Good news about getting better. As soon as Margaret posts she received her box the June swap will be closed and I thank each and everyone for making this such a fun month.

Shirley

o

Hello-I received my box from Janet containing a beautiful stained glass piece in a carriage like frame. It is so lovely & thank you so much, Janet. I have just the right spot for it!

This was a great swap that I enjoyed a lot. Blessings to all 7 thanks so much Shirley for hosting! Margaret

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here