Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: obf- junes white elephant plant swap

Posted by brittneysgran z6NC (My Page) on
Mon, May 30, 11 at 23:07

Photobucket

The Our Bloomin' Friends(OBF) group is a group of like-minded gardeners who are willing to commit to at least a year of "membership." Only current members qualify, ALTHOUGH, if you would like to become an OBFer, you must commit to at least 5 months of the year, trade or have traded with at least 2 current members, and be willing to send your package first. If you think you can agree to the guidelines, we would love to have you.

If you would like to join in this months swap we will be doing the white elephant swap. Your box will consist of all plants. Each person participating this month will list the items they will be sending in their swap box. I will then put all the names of everyone participating into a bag and let Dawson draw from the names. I will then list the names in the order they will get to choose a swap box. Please sign up by June 5th.
HERE IS THE WAY THE GAME IS PLAYED
Number 1 picks a box.
Number 2 can pick a box or steal from number 1.
If they steal from number 1, Number 1 gets to choose a new box. Number one can not of course take back the box that was stolen from them.
Number 3 picks a box or steals from number 1 or 2. Again if they steal a box from number one or two, number one or two can not take back the box. Number one or two must pick a new box.
Now we do allow if say down the line the original box chosen by some is stole a couple times like if number 1's box was stolen by number 2 and then it get stolen from number 2 and then number one is stolen from again, number one can retrieve their original box since it was not still in the hands of the original thief. Does that make sense

You can sign up without posting the contents of your box right now. I for one need to decide what will be in my box.

Shirley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: obf- junes white elephant plant swap

Sign me up, Shirley. I need to be out there this week digiing for May's (better late than never) box, so I'll assess some things and post it's contents before the cut-off date.

I acknowledged the PW cuttings in May's thread, but will thank you here as well. Appreciate your generosity!

Maryanne

o

hello
I will be sitting out June, we are going on a trip mid month and wont have the time. I look forward to august though.
michelle

o

I will play this month! I'll look around the yard today, see what I have to share & post the plants later.
Melissa

o

I'll be skipping this one, but will be watching to see all the fun you have. These White Elephant Swaps are really fun!
Jeanne

o

I would love to play. Sign me up please. I'll post later what I'll have for my box :)
vina

o

I know it's not much, but here's what will be in my box (after all the flooding, not many plants made it!):

5 daylilies (all named, but some NOID)
10 iris (again, named, but some may be NOID)
Micro-mini rose "Popcorn" (fully rooted plant)
2 hosta (NOID but named)
Widow's Cross (sedum)
3 surprise plants

o

Count me in :)

o

Playing
Shirley
Maryanne
Melissa
Vina
Jen

Sitting Out
Michelle
Jeanne

Melissa - Nice first box posted...that's alot of plants.

Maryanne - You are welcome...hope they root for you but I'm sure they will. The corkscrew willow is one of my favorite trees. The way the limbs twist is neat.

When I get some pictures taken I will post games and the prize.

Shirley

o

Shirley -

This swap sounds like lots of fun. Please count me in for this one. I will post plants later. Lots of things are blooming now, so it's good timing for this kind of swap.

Take care everyone. Hoping everybody is safe and staying cool. Most of us seem to be in the grip of a relentless heat wave. It has been in the 90's here in NE Ohio. I think I'll melt if the heat continues much longer.

Melissa, I hope things are drying out for you. Please let me know how things are going.

Melinda and Faye, keeping you in my prayers.

It's going to be a crazy month for me. My daughter is getting married in July so we are wrapping up final details. My wedding anniversary is on the 24th and I will be taking a 3 day weekend to celebrate. Staying close to home, visiting an outdoor drama about 2 hours away and a historical village about 3 hours away. Should be fun.

Sue N.

o

Good morning everyone!

Sue, that sounds like a wonderful getaway! And your daughter must be so excited right now :)

Melissa, your box sounds fantastic! Mine doesn't have that many plants.

But, here's what will be in my box:

Oregano~NOID~ Perennial
Egyptian Walking Onion
Yarrow~NOID~ Pink (very pretty!)
Ribbon Grass~Variegated
Daylily~ Frans Hal
Coneflower~ Ruby Giant
Iris~ Gudrun
Iris~ Victoria Falls
Iris~ Cat's Eye
Iris~ Alpine Storm
Iris~ Snowbrook
Iris~ Klamath
Iris~ Florentina
and 1 surprise plant of my choosing :0)

Have a great Wednesday!
vina

o

Thanks Vina. I am looking forward to taking a little break.

Melissa and Vina, both of your boxes sound great!!!

Here is what I am including in my box:

3 named daylilies
2 NOID daylilies
7 named tall bearded iris
3 NOID iris, combination of tall, intermediate, dwarf Clump of Dark Purple NOID Siberian Iris, very pretty
Sedum, Stonecrop Golden Tip, a real stand-out in the garden
3 Surprise Plants

This is going to be a really fun exchange. I'm sure we will have lots of sign ups.

Sue N.

o

I'll play but need a few days to figure out my box. what is mail by date gonna be ? hugs to all my bloomin friendsPhotobucket

o

QUESTION: Shirley, is it enough to just say a "named" plant, or when it gets down to it, we have to say what that named plant is?

Hope everyone is well!

Maryanne

o

Hi Carol - Will start the picking order June 6th and mail date is June 22nd.

Playing
Shirley
Maryanne
Melissa
Vina
Jen
Sue N
Carol ?

Sitting Out
Michelle
Jeanne

Two more nice boxes Vina and Sue N.

Sue - Congratulations to your daughter on her upcoming wedding.

GAME TIME:::::::::::::::::::::
WINNER WILL RECEIVE DAYLILY TEA LEAF PROPHECY
Tea Leaf Prophecy

Question---I have had something done that is considered cosmetic surgery what is it?

Shirley

o
RE: new: obf- white elephant plant swap

Maryanne-It is really up to you on that one. I hope I can find the post where you finalized the ending of the last white elephant swap we did. I LOVED IT. I will post it if I can find it.

Shirley

o
i found it

Maryanne - I found it...we did this one back in 2009.

deb took box #1 and then remy picked #3. along comes shirley lusting after herb(s) and just takes #1 from poor deb! so in turn, deb takes #7. my turn, i choose 6.

jeanne, just in time gets that modem fixed and swoops in and takes #3 from remy. amybaby doesn't let jeanne even get the box in her hands and snatches it right up. jeanne decides to take #6 from me (mind you, i have never done anything to jeanne in my lifetime, and why she would take my box is beyond me!!!! LOL). my turn again, what to pick, what to pick...so i go for #5.

treasa says, "poor maryanne, i'll show that jeanne" (LOL) and takes 6. jeanne decides to pick #10. (thank you, it's the box i am putting together and i was starting to get a complex that no one wanted it). april comes slinking into the room and takes #6 from treasa.

treasa says, "why not, let me get in on those brugs and sweet bush" and up and takes #4 from amy who lost that box as quick as jeanne did from amy (by the way, how does it feel LOL). so amy takes 4.

along comes "miss sorry sweetie" theresa and takes #5 from me. well now, my hands are empty, seems i can't hold onto a box, so i go back to my original pick #6, and unfortunately, i took it from april. so april takes #5 from theresa and theresa in turn takes 10 from jeanne.

dottie, waiting in the wings, anxious to get a pick in, takes poor jeanne's #10 after all that work she went through to keep a box in her hand.

jeanne is feeling lucky, she has that opportunity to get back into her original game and get #3. so far, so good. she's safe.

treasa takes #9. and what does dottie do? she takes my box. dottie...dottie...dottie. i have an extra ticket to the morris arboretum. now i'm not sure if i am going to invite you LOLOLOLOL.

okay, am i safe in choosing #5 again? sorry april, but i had it first. i'm thinking in the back of my mind, april is coming back with a vengence, can't you all just feel it . time to give dottie a taste of her box stealing medicine, right april?

so now here we are, dottie takes #10 from theresa and theresa just can bear for me to have #5 and rips it out of my hands before i had a chance to hide it in the back shed.

i'm telling you, i didn't need a shrink before this, but just now, after seeing it was again my turn, made an appointment and hopefully gain my confidence back LMAO!

cut throated gardeners, the lot of you.

Shirley

o

Thanks Shirley and Vina about my daughter's wedding. I have been working on details since 4:30 pm today. Almost all finalized. Speaking of shrinks,I will need one if my DD changes any more details. We're down to the wire, and she has to make up her mind!!! Did any of you have this experience with your daughter yet? I'm more frazzled than she is!!! lol!!!

Shirley, I am going to guess that you had botox injections. I know you are not a candidate for liposuction, since you do all that gardening you're probably thin as a rail lol!

Have a good night everyone!!!

Sue N.

o

Shirley~ I'll guess laser treatment for varicose veins. I think that's considered cosmetic?

o

Hi,
I think I will be able to play this month. I do have a few plants that had not come up yet for the tornadoes. They are showing and some blooming now.
Is there a certain number of plants?
Faye!

o

Morning everyone!
I am going to guess that you have cosmetic dentistry for your teeth. Botox was taken and so was vericose veins...and I don't think you had booby job? :)

Talk to you soon!
vina

o

hello
I'm guessing laser hair removal.
michelle

o

Too funny Shirley... I totally forgot that post. That was a great game just as this one will be. We are only doing one round, right? There was a game once when we did it in two rounds...thieving after thieving!!!!

Is lasik surgery considered cosmetic? That will be my guess.

It's been way too hot to be outside doing anything even when I get home from work....the temps are supposed to drop as we come into the weekend, so I will check things out and post my box, hopefully by Saturday. I'll be digging for May as well....so late (again).

Looking forward to this one!

Maryanne

o

• Posted by mellen 4a/5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 2, 11 at 10:29

Shirley, you had a mole removed?

I will play this month even though I am waaay late for my own month of May.

Will list plants later as I take a look.
ME

o

Great write up about the swap in 2009. I remember that one well. Every time I picked a box it was gone and I was picking again. LOL (I told everyone you would have fun!!)
Sue, best of luck with the wedding plans. We had two daughters get married and yes, it is a hectic time. Both of them lived out of state so lots of the leg work was on Mom. Of course, every decision had to be run by them, too, so sort of three steps to accomplish every one item.
Shirley, I can't come up with a procedure that has not already been guessed that makes any sense to me so I won't guess. I wonder if when you disclose the answer it will surprise us.
Well, my plants have been watered and I pruned a rose bush and an azalea and that will be it for me on the garden until I do a little more watering for the plants on the deck in a few hours. Sometimes I think my whole summer goes into watering plants!
Jeanne

o

Shirley...Passing this month...in and out town!!! But...if I may...take a guess on your surgery!!! I am sure you are beautiful from head to toe but I will say you had eyelid surgery?????

Must run...happy gardening to all!

Annie

o

Wow, I don't think I have played since 2009 and I just read the post and cracked up. That was a lot of fun! I have missed everyone's posts. Hope you all are doing well and have a great Summer! Amy

o

Maryanne I think bunny said noid daylilies that had names but they were lost shirley I'll guess lazer hair removal or booty lift. my box so far has 3 noid days lavendar pixie day limelight huchera, green and white hosta green and white varigated grass, noid asiatic lily. raspberry ice pulmonia blue japanese iris superstition bearded iris cedar house sunflower seed and peanut bird feeder, lampwork glass turtle necklace and earring set. darn puppies made most of my plants noids. hugs carol

o

Maryanne- You are the winner I have had lasik and was so glad I did it. My age is catching up with me and I now need reading glasses but that's not as bad as the poor vision I once had.

Faye-No-no certain # of plants. You decide on that.

Maryanne - We will only be doing one round this time.

Jeanne- I too water all Summer. Our pump that we use to pump water out of the pond has quit so we will have to buy a new one. I keep 3 hoses going constantly when I get home each eve. We need rain badly.

Hi Amy thanks and we hope you have a great summer as well.

Annie-Will miss you this month.

This will be tough with all the nice boxes being put together. BUT that makes the stealing more fun. LOL

Playing
Shirley
Maryanne
Melissa
Vina
Jen
Sue N
Faye
Mellen
Carol

Sitting Out
Michelle
Jeanne
Annie
Amy

Shirley

o

This really sounds like fun but i better pass.
It was 24 degrees at 6 AM today and yesterday there was snow again!
I wanted to get away from the AZ heat but this is ridiculous. I have all kinds of plants in the house waiting to get put out.
Sorry to miss out on the fun.
BB

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies
This sounds like so much fun but I must pass this one as I have too much going on this month. Will be lurking to enjoy the good time you that haved signed up will be having. Blessings, Margaret

o

Hey everyone.

Beth, where are you that there's snow...are you back in alaska? I would welcome 24 degrees...the heatwave this week was a little too much, too soon.

amy - how the heck are you? i hope you are coming back to the group. it's been a long time. how are your kids?

shirley, i didn't even see that daylily you posted or that this was a contest. i remember just reading the question. beautiful flower - will be more than happy to welcome it to my garden.

jeanne, after i read that, i had flashbacks about that swap. how true, you couldn't hold a box for a minute. it certainly was a lot of fun. how are those precious babes?

i did a little planting today because i didn't go to work. i had a minor fender bender this morning. crashed the left front quarter panel and headlight. freak accident, can't even figure out what happened. no one hurt, thank God. the passenger in the other car was so miserable, screaming and hollaring at me in what i believe was korean. get over it, it's an accident.

i hope to have the contents of my box pretty well set come tomorrow. i want to have some "named" items and look forward to this swap.

hope everyone has a great weekend. we are attending an arts in the park event tomorrow afternoon and a strawberry festival in the morning. after that, i'll be raring to go with my shovel!!!!!!

shirley, what kind of pump do you use for the pond? i have a smaller pool pump that i would be happy to send to you.

sue best of luck with the wedding. lots of work, but i'm sure it will be fantastic.

LOL vina - boob job!

have a great weekend everyone. weather here is supposed to be pleasant.
maryanne

o

Playing
Shirley
Maryanne
Melissa
Vina
Jen
Sue N
Faye
Mellen
Carol

Sitting Out
Michelle
Jeanne
Annie
Amy
Beth
Margaret

Wow Beth 24 degrees I'm with Maryanne are you back in Alaska?

Margaret - Will miss you but I understand these busy times.

Maryanne - Sorry to hear about your accident sure glad everyone was OK. Some people are just hard to deal with no matter what. I will check the pump and see how big it needs to be and thanks.

Vina - So many ladies have the boob job done now. I guess if you are that determined to be bigger why not. There's lots I would like done but can't afford it. LOL

Posted boxes so far.

#1 Melissa

2 hosta (NOID but named)
Widow's Cross (sedum)
3 surprise plants

#2 Vina

Oregano~NOID~ Perennial
Egyptian Walking Onion
Ribbon Grass~Variegated
Daylily~ Frans Hal
Coneflower~ Ruby Giant
Iris~ Gudrun
Iris~ Victoria Falls
Iris~ Cat's Eye
Iris~ Alpine Storm
Iris~ Snowbrook
Iris~ Klamath
Iris~ Florentina

#3 Sue N

3 named daylilies
2 NOID daylilies
3 NOID iris, combination of tall, intermediate, dwarf Clump of Dark Purple NOID Siberian Iris, very pretty
3 Surprise Plants

#4 Carol

3 noid days lavendar pixie day limelight huchera, green and white hosta green and white varigated grass, noid asiatic lily. raspberry ice pulmonia blue japanese iris superstition bearded iris cedar house sunflower seed and peanut bird feeder, lampwork glass turtle necklace and earring set.

#5 Shirley

Japanese Iris - Center of Attention
Japanese Iris - Edens Starship
Japanese Iris - Mount Fujiyama
Asiatic Lily - Beverlys Dream
Asiatic Lily - Grand Cru
Asiatic Lily - Patricas Pride
Bearded Iris - Bel Espirit
Bearded Iris - Stairway to Heaven
Bearded Iris - Silverado
Louisiana Iris - Black Gamecock
Hosta - StripTease
Columbine - Barlow Black
Mint - Chocolate
Daylily - Aragon
Daylily - Piano Man

Shirley

o

WOW those are some awesome boxes.

Here is what I have for my box..
7 NOID orange Daylily
3 NOID orange Asiatic Lily
1 NOID Black Iris (I think it looks more Dark Purple, but the lady I got it from said it was black)
1 NOID Yellow and Brown Iris~small
4 NOID Peony (pink or white not sure what they are)
1 Daring Deception Desert Pink Daylily
1 Aloe plant
1 NOID sedum
1 Bleeding Heart (I think its pink)

I ordered some plants but they are not in yet. I guess I will have to hold them over till the next swap.

The weather here has been great. Of course it rained last night after I watered everything. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Heidi

o

I would like to join please!

Sue G

o

Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 15:02

Here is my list:

Daylilies-Whimsical
Mateus
Ruffled Valentine
Strawverry Candy
Hostas-Big Mama
2 more named of my choice
Lilies-American Native
American Dream
DotCom
Tigerplay
Lavender-Elegance Ice
Spiderwort-Sweet Kate
Balloonflower-tall purple
Josie Reblooming Lilac
Hardy Geranium-Carol
Abutilon-red
Caladiums- 1 quart bag full of mixed

ME

o

here is my box so far:
hawaiin punch spiderwort
Noid purple spiderwort
NOID Iris
3 spirea
black night butterfly bush
red hardy mum
ribbon grass
heuchera- I believe palace purple
5 liatris bulbs
Mint
3 noid daylilies
blanket flower

o

Hey Everyone.

Shirley, as much as I hate to do this, I need to bow out of this month's swap. I am loving all these boxes, but I haven't even done May's yet and I'm so stretched for other committments.

I'll be watching in the wings.

Maryanne

o

Maryanne, Thank you for the note. It has been a long time. The boys are all good! Hope you and your family are all well. Take care, Amy

o

Playing
Shirley
Melissa
Vina
Jen
Sue N
Faye
Mellen
Carol
Sue G

Sitting Out
Michelle
Jeanne
Annie
Amy
Beth
Margaret
Maryanne

Welcome Sue G

Maryanne - Sorry to hear you need to drop out but I understand. If we don't get some rain this will be my last one until Fall.

#1 Melissa

2 hosta (NOID but named)
Widow's Cross (sedum)
3 surprise plants

#2 Vina

Oregano~NOID~ Perennial
Egyptian Walking Onion
Ribbon Grass~Variegated
Daylily~ Frans Hal
Coneflower~ Ruby Giant
Iris~ Gudrun
Iris~ Victoria Falls
Iris~ Cat's Eye
Iris~ Alpine Storm
Iris~ Snowbrook
Iris~ Klamath
Iris~ Florentina

#3 Sue N

3 named daylilies
2 NOID daylilies
3 Surprise Plants

#4 Carol

3 noid days lavendar pixie day limelight huchera, green and white hosta green and white varigated grass, noid asiatic lily. raspberry ice pulmonia blue japanese iris superstition bearded iris cedar house sunflower seed and peanut bird feeder, lampwork glass turtle necklace and earring set.

#5 Shirley

Asiatic Lily - Grand Cru
Bearded Iris - Silverado
Hosta - StripTease
Columbine - Barlow Black
Mint - Chocolate
Daylily - Aragon
Daylily - Piano Man

#6 Heidi

7 NOID orange Daylily
1 NOID Black Iris (I think it looks more Dark Purple, but the lady I got it from said it was black)
1 Aloe plant
1 NOID sedum

#7 Mellen

Daylilies-Whimsical
Mateus
Ruffled Valentine
Strawverry Candy
Hostas-Big Mama
Lilies-American Native
American Dream
DotCom
Tigerplay
Lavender-Elegance Ice
Spiderwort-Sweet Kate
Josie Reblooming Lilac
Hardy Geranium-Carol
Abutilon-red

#8 Jen
hawaiin punch spiderwort
Noid purple spiderwort
NOID Iris
3 spirea
red hardy mum
ribbon grass
5 liatris bulbs
Mint
3 noid daylilies
blanket flower

Shirley

o

Wow, great boxes! Can't wait to start fighting....uh, I mean...CHOOSING...! LoL! :D

o

no fighting for sweet lil bunny and keep your cotton pickin paws off of my choice. hugs carol

o

hi all
when dose the fight... um... choosing start, I'm not playing but would still like to watch.
michelle

o

Oh, sure, Big Sis...I'm a sweet little bunny....I'd *never* steal your box!
bunny Pictures, Images and Photos

o

AS soon as Sue G posts her box we are picking boxes. I sent her an e-mail.

Wonder where our Rose and Em are?

Shirley

o

Hi everybody, I've been trying to keep up with the watering in the garden. It has been really warm and no rain lately. I'm sure most of you are in the same boat. Hate to see my water bill, lol.

Beth, I envy you with the snow! Where exactly are you anyway? Alaska is starting to sound mighty nice right now, lol!

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes on my daughter's wedding, and I'm glad I'm not alone with having to do most of the planning and legwork myself. It's a labor of love though and I wouldn't pass up the chance to do this for my one and only daughter!

So I've been looking around in the garden and identified the named irises and daylilies that I will send in my box:

For my 7 named TB irises, I'll send one each of
Alabama Bound
Heavenly Body
Kevin's Theme
Lyme Time
Maverick Game
Oh Jamaica
Straight Up

For my 3 named dayliles, one of each
Cranberry Cove
Fellow
Garden Crawler (rare)
2 NOID daylilies
Sedum, Stonecrop Golden Tip
3 Surprise Plants

This is fun already and we haven't even started!!!

o

This sounds like an awesome swap... I just got May's box out and hate to be 'late to the game' so I'm gonna sit out this month.

Have fun everyone!!

o

This is very hard since I don't know what I might have available to ship - I should have paid more attention!!

I will post contents tomorrow, If that is okay!

Sue G.

o

darn Me, I wanted that carol geranium my box
3 noid daylilies
lavender pixi daylily
limelight huchera
noid green and white hosta w lav flowers
noid asiatic lily
black barlow columbine
raspberry ice pulmonia
2 blue japanese iris
superstition bearded iris
cedar house sunflowerseed and peanut bird feeder
lampwork glass seahorse necklace and earring set
don't believe bunny she will eat you in a minute, you know how those bunnies can be when there are plants around. love ya bunny hugs carol

o

Sue G - Tomorrow is fine. One more day will not matter.

Playing
Shirley
Melissa
Vina
Jen
Sue N
Faye
Mellen
Carol
Sue G

Sitting Out
Michelle
Jeanne
Annie
Amy
Beth
Margaret
Maryanne
Em

Shirley

o

Don't forget me on the playing list!
Heidi

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 7, 11 at 10:09

Shirley,
Here's my list:

Iris 'Honerabile'
Dwarf Iris noid Very Pretty Light Blue
Louisiana Iris 'Black Gamecock'
Sedum 'Oracle'
Other assorted Sedum starts
Semervivums 'Sanford Hybrid'
Salvia azurea
Pink Spiderwort
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis)
Daylily 'Ball Gown'
Something on the recipient's want list(or as close as I can get)
*More of other plants taylored to the recipient if there is room in the box

Pic of blue iris

Remy

o

I will post my boxes contents tonight if that is ok.
There is so much going on right now that I am having a hard time finding the time to do everything. But I will post the contents tonight.
Faye!

o

Playing
Shirley
Melissa
Vina
Jen
Sue N
Faye
Mellen
Carol
Sue G
Heidi
Remy

Sitting Out
Michelle
Jeanne
Annie
Amy
Beth
Margaret
Maryanne
Em

Welcome Remy - Is your pink spiderwort dark or light, and do you have the white?

Faye sounds good..Sue will be posting her box tonight as well.

Shirley

o

Tue, Jun 7, 11 at 21:55

Shirley,
I would say medium pink, lol. I planted the white somewhere a long time ago. I don't remember where, so it is probably gone. I think I would of noticed it in recent time.
Remy

o

can't wait to start borrowingPhotobucket sneaky carol

o

I was wondering how I get in on your guys round robin swaps? They look like a lot of fun! I would like to participate one day :)

o

Hi Lovesherflowers - To become a member of this group you will need to set up trades with two members. When you have sent your trades to the two members you are in. Would you be trading plants or seeds?

I'm not sure what happened to Faye and Sue G but will try to find out.

Remy my pink is kinda medium but I would love to find the white.

Shirley

o

All these boxes sound great! This was a great idea Shirley. Can't wait to start choosing!

Have a good night everybody.

Sue N.

o

I e-mailed Faye and Sue G hope they are OK. As soon as they post their boxes we will start the choosing.

OK I had DH pick the names out of a hat in the order we will be choosing boxes.

Here is the order:
MELISSA
SHIRLEY
JEN
REMY
SUE N
SUE G
HEIDI
CAROL
FAYE
MELLEN
VINA

There is a rule I will state now so there will be no confusion once we start the game. If you have any given box 3 times the box will be yours and no one can choose
that box again.

Shirley

o

Oh, Wow! I get to choose first? Can't wait until Faye & SueG post their boxes, this will be fun! :)

o

Melissa we get first choices but will we get to keep them? LOL

Shirley

o

mmmmmwwwwwwhhhhhaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaa (evil laugh) :0)

I get to choose last...

o

flowergirl you have the best, no one can take your box. I got lots of people I can choose from lets go hugs innocent carol

o

Hi,
OK I have my plants. MY aunt has been real generous with her plants to help me get started again. Only I wish I could replace my cactus. I had alot in the greenhouse and some in the yard. Oh well.
Anyway my box will contain:

Ajuga, Bronze Beauty
Purple Leaf Shamrocks
Chameleon Plant
Vinca Major, Variegated
Periwinkle
Potatoe Vine
Jerusalem Cherry
Gold Child Ivy
Ladys Tears, Violet
Egyptain Walking Onion
Pink Evening Primerose
Purple Heart Plant
Asparagus Fern
Lamium, Groundcover
Iris, Mixed
3 - Cannas NOID, I think I will check on that
4 - Glads, Green Star
Blue Eyed Grass, Purple
Pampass Grass, White

All of these had not started coming up yet so the tornado did not get these. The groundcovers the tornadoes did not touch. I had just bought the Iris, Cannas and Glads
So somehow I found them still in the bag down in the holler. My aunt gave me plenty of the others to share and she said I can get more of them. Only she does not like cactus like I do. The tornadoes had broken the pampass grass but it is coming back now so I can get a rooted piece of it.
My yard looks totaly empty without plants but at least a few survived and I thank God mom did not have to live thru the tornadoes.
Faye!

o

Well, that's true, Shirley! :) But maybe, since I'm first & haven't stolen from anyone, these SWEET DEAR LADIES will be nice to me? LoL!!

o

Thu, Jun 9, 11 at 16:40

Or maybe NOT, Miss Bunny. :P

o

Thu, Jun 9, 11 at 19:22

I forgot to add Tall White Bearded Iris to my list!
Remy

o

ok here's my box:

sweet onion bulbs
2 rueilla ONE PINK ONE PURPLE
lantana
red salvia ( and a blue if I can inclue)
a MiniRose pink or red my choice
3 named daylillies I would tell you which but my order
is not here yet
Six (6) small 2 to 3 inch succulent sedems (commerical quality and very sute 2 to 3 inch size)
Rosemary
3 surprises (hopefully I can get an Eurypos daisy in there -m its myb favorite

o

Remy I will add that to your list.

OK Ms. Sue G hopefully you received my e-mail and have your box ready to post.

Thanks Faye for your list. I hate that tornado destroyed your plants. Hopefully you will get a nice start on some plants from this swap.

Melissa when Eddie picked my name second I said oh darn. But lets look on the bright side if we choose the same box at least 3 times its ours.

Shirley

o

hi ladies....after seeing these fab boxes, wish i had stayed in, but what the heck, i'm still not on time for may!!!!!

will be watching in the wings....waiting to swoop in and take all your boxes when you are not looking!

we are just now getting a little rain, didn't last long, lots of rolling thunder and lightning though.

o

I would love to swap with some of you! I have seeds, plants and bulbs. The seeds are both vegetable and flower. I would really like to make my first two swaps, so if any of you may be interested let me know. I am new to gardening but I overbought my stash and have made a few large trades on here so I have quite a few to swap. If you message me, I can give you a complete and current list. Thanks!

o

#1 Melissa

2 hosta (NOID but named)
Widow's Cross (sedum)
3 surprise plants

#2 Vina

Oregano~NOID~ Perennial
Egyptian Walking Onion
Ribbon Grass~Variegated
Daylily~ Frans Hal
Coneflower~ Ruby Giant
Iris~ Gudrun
Iris~ Victoria Falls
Iris~ Cat's Eye
Iris~ Alpine Storm
Iris~ Snowbrook
Iris~ Klamath
Iris~ Florentina

#3 Sue N

For my 7 named TB irises, I'll send one each of
Alabama Bound
Heavenly Body
Kevin's Theme
Lyme Time
Maverick Game
Oh Jamaica
Straight Up
For my 3 named dayliles, one of each
Cranberry Cove
Fellow
Garden Crawler (rare)
2 NOID daylilies
Sedum, Stonecrop Golden Tip
3 Surprise Plants

#4 Carol

3 noid daylilies
lavender pixi daylily
limelight huchera
noid green and white hosta w lav flowers
noid asiatic lily
black barlow columbine
raspberry ice pulmonia
2 blue japanese iris
superstition bearded iris
cedar house sunflowerseed and peanut bird feeder
lampwork glass seahorse necklace and earring set

#5 Shirley

Asiatic Lily - Grand Cru
Bearded Iris - Silverado
Bearded Iris - Thornbird
Hosta - StripTease
Columbine - Barlow Black
Mint - Chocolate
Daylily - Aragon
Daylily - Piano Man
Daylily - Tooth
Crocosmia - Emily McKenzie

#6 Heidi

7 NOID orange Daylily
1 Aloe plant
1 NOID sedum

#7 Mellen

Daylilies-Whimsical
Mateus
Ruffled Valentine
Strawverry Candy
Hostas-Big Mama
Lilies-American Native
American Dream
DotCom
Tigerplay
Lavender-Elegance Ice
Spiderwort-Sweet Kate
Josie Reblooming Lilac
Hardy Geranium-Carol
Abutilon-red

#8 Jen

hawaiin punch spiderwort
Noid purple spiderwort
NOID Iris
3 spirea
red hardy mum
ribbon grass
5 liatris bulbs
Mint
3 noid daylilies
blanket flower

#9 Remy

Tall White bearded Iris
Iris 'Honerabile'
Dwarf Iris noid Very Pretty Light Blue
Louisiana Iris 'Black Gamecock'
Sedum 'Oracle'
Other assorted Sedum starts
Semervivums 'Sanford Hybrid'
Salvia azurea
Pink Spiderwort
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis)
Daylily 'Ball Gown'
Something on the recipient's want list(or as close as I can get)
*More of other plants taylored to the recipient if there is room in the box

#10 Faye

Ajuga, Bronze Beauty
Purple Leaf Shamrocks
Chameleon Plant
Vinca Major, Variegated
Periwinkle
Potatoe Vine
Jerusalem Cherry
Gold Child Ivy
Ladys Tears, Violet
Egyptain Walking Onion
Pink Evening Primerose
Purple Heart Plant
Asparagus Fern
Lamium, Groundcover
Iris, Mixed
3 - Cannas NOID, I think I will check on that
4 - Glads, Green Star
Blue Eyed Grass, Purple
Pampass Grass, White

#11 Sue G

sweet onion bulbs
2 rueilla ONE PINK ONE PURPLE
lantana
red salvia ( and a blue if I can inclue)
a MiniRose pink or red my choice
3 named daylillies I would tell you which but my order
is not here yet
Six (6) small 2 to 3 inch succulent sedems (commerical quality and very sute 2 to 3 inch size)
Rosemary
3 surprises (hopefully I can get an Eurypos daisy in there -m its myb favorite

And here's the picking order:
MELISSA
SHIRLEY
JEN
REMY
SUE N
SUE G
HEIDI
CAROL
FAYE
MELLEN
VINA

Melissa you are up...You go girl

Shirley

o

Hi there lovesherflowers. I will do a small trade with you. Please send me an email with what you have available in the way of plants. Then I will give you a list of what I have as well. My list is a little outdated. Anyway, it's interesting that you are in Northeast Ohio and your birthday is May 6th. I also live in Northeast Ohio and share the same birthday. What a coincidence! What are the chances??? Anyway, I'll be more than happy to get you started. Now you'll only need one more trade to join:)

Sue N.

o

Thu, Jun 9, 11 at 22:09

Let the FUN begin!!!(cackling like an old lady)

o

Hi lovesherflowers! I'd be happy to do a side-swap with you to get you started. I'll email you later today.

Let the fighting....errr! I mean picking BEGIN! :)

vina

o

Oh, such a difficult choice..But I'll choose...
BOX #7 (Mellen's).

And just remember...bunnies aren't always sweet!!
Mwwaahaahaaaa....

Mean Bunny Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Yeah I'm on vacation today

Melissa chooses #7
Shirley chooses #3

Jen you are up

That bunny is wayyyyyyyyy scary

Shirley

o

I choose ..... 5

o

Fri, Jun 10, 11 at 17:32

Good thing I stopped by to check! It is my turn already.

Well, I'm stealing from Melissa, lol. I'm not afraid of killer rabbits : ) so it is now:

Melissa chooses #7 - stolen!
Shirley chooses #3
Jen chooses #5
Remy chooses #7

Melissa Choose again : )

Remy

o

Oh, so that's the way it's gonna be, huh, Remy?? Well.... PTTHHBBB! The gloves are off, now! :D

I choose....#5! (sorry Jen!)

o

Ok, this is the first time I'm playing, so does Jen choose again before I choose?

Sue

o

Fri, Jun 10, 11 at 19:03

Yes, Jen has to come back and choose again.
Melissa chooses #5
Shirley chooses #3
Jen chooses #5 - STOLEN
Remy chooses #7

Jen choose again!
Remy

o

Sorry remy- I choose 7

o

Melissa chooses #5
Shirley chooses #3
Jen chooses #7
Remy chooses #

Wow the claws have come out already

Remy you're up

Shirley

o

Wow, my turn already. I think all the boxes are very nice. I had a hard time choosing. Hopefully, you nice ladies won't steal it away from me, lol.

I choose #4

Sue N.

o
Oops, sorry!

Oops, I messed up already. Sorry Remy. Ignore my post and go ahead and choose again. I tell ya I'll need therapist by the end of this swap, lol!

What great fun this is!!!

Sue N.

o

Fri, Jun 10, 11 at 22:34

geeze! Ok, I choose Melissa's again, LOL.
Melissa chooses #5- STOLEN!
Shirley chooses #3
Jen chooses #7
Remy chooses #5

Melissa choose again, sorry!
Remy

o

wow, this looks really cool but a little beyond my thought capacity LOL between class, working at the greenhouse, and trying to keep up with weeding and transplanting and creating new garden beds, when i get inside, i pass out! i miss you guys, and haven't forgotten about the info sheets, just crazy busy. i think it will calm down come july at the greenhouse and my life will be my own again. hope you all, and your families, human, furry, and floral, are all doing well!

o

come on sue's carol is ready to steal Photobucket

o

Good morning all. Rose, nice to hear from you. Sorry you're so busy.

Carol, I think we are waiting for Melissa to choose again since Remy stole her box. I will check in again a little later to see if it's my turn.

Sue N.

o

does anyone have a dog rose, rosa canina, I badly need a start of it. the hips are used for painful joints, dh needs it
sittin here awaitin carol

o

Ah!!! Darn you, Remy!! LoL!!!

Ok, I choose my first box, #7.

And round, and round, and round in circles we go!! :D
fighting bunny Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Melissa chooses #7
Shirley chooses #3
Jen chooses
Remy chooses #5

Jen you again............

Melissa....Those bunnies....where do you find all those?

The heat is about to get me....DH went to market and I just called him. One lady bought $125.00 worth of plants and wants to see what he has tomorrow. Maybe he will sell out early today.

Shirley

o

I am stealing #7 back...
Melissa chooses .. stolen!
Shirley chooses #3
Jen chooses #7
Remy chooses #5
does melissa go again?

o

Sat, Jun 11, 11 at 14:00

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Headed to a baby shower for our DIL. Be back this evening to see who is still alive.

o

I haven't played this before. I am wondering how many times a box can be stolen?

Heidi

o

3 times, I think...but I'm not sure Jen can still back what I stole from her? Help, Shirley?! It's getting confusing in here!! LoL!!

bunny pancake Pictures, Images and Photos

o

I didn't think you could steal back what was taken from you either, could be wrong tho shirley where are you I am adding one grow your own redneck to my box to make it more apealing
hugs carol

o

let me know- never played before- sorry

o

Well I am not 100% sure but when I wrote it down...Jen was the 3rd steal on box 7 and Remy was the 3rd steal on box 5. So are they now stuck with them???

o

that is if it is ok for jen to steal from Melissa

o

I thought Jen stole the box from Remy? LOL I didn't think it would get this confusing till the end...We are not even half way done with the choosing!!

o
get to stealing miss bunny

I think it is if you have a box 3 times it is yours, so bunny steal it back it will be the 3rd time you have it, although I was hoping to get it but there all great boxes

o
I understand now :o)

I see...I thought if the box was stolen 3 times, but the person has to have it 3 times. I too liked box number 7. I wanted that big mama hosta to go next to my big daddy hosta :o)
Is any one else getting bad thunderstorms? Our last few have had hail. Thank heavens there has not been alot of damage here. There was even report of an Amish guy that was struck by lightning out in the fields.

o

here is a quote from shirleys post to at least clear up one question;
here is a rule I will state now so there will be no confusion once we start the game. If you have any given box 3 times the box will be yours and no one can choose
that box again. hope this helps, come on carol wants her turn. just fake it and if shirley wants to change any picks she can. hugs carol

o

I can't help with Shirley's rules so you will have to wait for Shirley, but all of you have me chuckling! I'll keep checking in to see who is being naughty and who is being nice. LOL
Jeanne

o

Ok Jen cannot take #7 back from Melissa..Melissa just took it from her. You can take someone else's box but not the one who JUST took it from you. Hope that makes sense.

Melissa has now had box # 7 twice.

You have to have a box 3 times in your possession to freeze that box.

Jen you are up but the only box you cannot take at this time is # 7. Because it was just taken from you.

Shirley

o

Ok no problem... Still learning the rules. Then I will take back # 5

o

Melissa chooses #7
Shirley chooses #3
Jen chooses #5
Remy chooses

Remy back to you

Jen has now had box #5 twice

Shirley

o

Sat, Jun 11, 11 at 23:57

Ok, I think I can steal back #7 so I will do that, lol!
Melissa chooses #7 _Stolen!
Shirley chooses #3
Jen chooses #5
Remy chooses #7

Melissa, Sorry, you know I love you. Choose again.
Remy

o

Well, doggone, Remy! LoL!! Feelin' yer oats a bit today, are ya? :P

Just to shake things up a bit, I choose box #9.
How's THAT for unexpected?!

o

Ok, I think it's my turn now. I have reposted the picking order below so it doesn't get lost in all the fighting, uh I mean "choosing", lol.

So, I am going to choose box #4

Picking Order
MELISSA - chooses #9
SHIRLEY - chooses #3
JEN - chooses #5
REMY - chooses #7
SUE N - chooses #4
SUE G
HEIDI
CAROL
FAYE
MELLEN
VINA

I'm going to visit my son and spend some time with family in Cleveland, Ohio today. It's about an hour and a half away, so I'll be out a good part of the day with no internet access, so I hope nobody steals my box while I'm away. I'll check back later this evening.

Sue N.

o

was it that grow your own redneck that got you ?

o

I posted earlier I would Lik e#7 or #11

o

gotta pick one then only hiedi and carol is up

o

MELISSA - chooses #9
SHIRLEY - chooses #3
JEN - chooses #5
REMY -
SUE N - chooses #4
SUE G - chooses #7
HEIDI
CAROL
FAYE
MELLEN
VINA

Remy its your turn

Melissa - Was it Carols Redneck that got you?

Shirley

o

Hi there everyone. Made it back from Cleveland, had a great time. Geez, box #7 sure is popular!

I chose Carol's box for the limelight huchera and the japanese iris, but the grow your own redneck seems really interesting too! Oh, and who can resist surprise daylilies?

Sue N.

o

Shirley...to be sure, Carol's redneck IS tempting...but it was Sue that chose Carol's box. :) Maybe my BIG SIS CAROL will send me a redneck of my very own, though? Bunny Confused Pictures, Images and Photos (hint hint) :D See how cute and innocent I am when I beg, Carol??

cute bunny Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Sun, Jun 12, 11 at 23:25

Geeze stolen again!! Well, I can't steal from you again Melissa. You picked my box, LOL.
What to pick now...
I'll take #4!
SHIRLEY - chooses #3
JEN - chooses #5
REMY -chooses #4
SUE N -
SUE G - chooses #7
HEIDI
CAROL
FAYE
MELLEN
VINA

Sorry Sue N.! Choose again : )
Remy

o

Ok, I will take box #2

Melissa. #7
SHIRLEY - chooses #3
JEN - chooses #5
REMY -chooses #4
SUE N - chooses #2
SUE G
HEIDI
CAROL
FAYE
MELLEN
VINA

o

MELISSA - chooses #9
SHIRLEY - chooses #3
JEN - chooses #5
REMY - chooses #4
SUE N - chooses #2
SUE G - chooses #7
HEIDI- chooses #10
CAROL
FAYE
MELLEN
VINA

o

finally I check this twice a day carol takes #7 won't stay long I am sure, sorry bunny only one grow your own redneck got a grow your own boyfriend or guardian angel what size is Lili in this year ? hugs carol

o

I needed this laugh!!!! Ladies, too funny! Sure miss being in this one. Can you imagine if all the boxes listed were "surprises" no one knew what was in it?

Keep it up ladies...very exciting game so far!

Maryanne

o

Hmmm...not sure if hubby would approve of the boyfriend, Carol! But maybe if I grew him in sugar water, he'd be a sugar daddy. Ya think? :D Worth a try! Then maybe hubby wouldn't mind so much! bunny smile Pictures, Images and Photos

And Lili is still a tiny little 2. Maybe a 3, if she eats a big breakfast. :P

o

Mon, Jun 13, 11 at 11:52

MELISSA - chooses #9
SHIRLEY - chooses #3
JEN - chooses #5
REMY - chooses #4
SUE N - chooses #2
SUE G -
HEIDI- chooses #10
CAROL- chooses #7
FAYE
MELLEN
VINA

SUE G. Choose again!

o

Hi Maryanne - Wish you had stayed in the swap. Carol actually did surprise boxes for us one time in the traveling daylilies group. We sent her a description of our box (colors, bows, dots or whatever) and she posted a picture of the boxes with our numbers on them. You did not know what you were getting when you chose the box. We did do a second round after we were told what we had in the boxes and there was alot of stealing then.

Shirley

o
game time

Two Part Harmony

GAME TIME:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The first one who can tell me the answer to this wins this daylily Two Part Harmony:

How many employees does the Company I work for employee?

o

200 is my guess

o

Hi Shirley,

I am gonna guess 17 employees. That is a lovely daylily!

Sue N.

o

I'll guess 345.

o

I guess 320.

Heidi

o

Mon, Jun 13, 11 at 19:15

I think you have 78 employees.

o

I'm lost but If I can steel back #7 I'll do that otherwise I'd like #5

o

Mon, Jun 13, 11 at 19:32

MELISSA - chooses #9
SHIRLEY - chooses #3
JEN -
REMY - chooses #4
SUE N - chooses #2
SUE G -chooses #5
HEIDI- chooses #10
CAROL- chooses #7
FAYE
MELLEN
VINA

Jen choose again!

o

I choose box 7. Sorry carol

o

ok two hot boxes are 5 and 7 so I choose #5

o

MELISSA - chooses #9
SHIRLEY - chooses #3
JEN - chooses #7
REMY - chooses #4
SUE N - chooses #2
SUE G -chooses #
HEIDI- chooses #10
CAROL- chooses #5
FAYE
MELLEN
VINA

Sue G choose again

Think WAYYYYYYY big on the total # of employees

Everyone guess again

Shirley

o

ok I am guessing 1200
Heidi

o

I guess 45

o

Heidi more than 1200

Shirley

o

ok than 5600 :op

o

Oh didn't see previous post, I change my guess to 13000

o

I am going to guess 10,937 employees.

Sue N.

o

ok 1 million is my guess, ladie please pick your boxes so I can quit checking this post hugs carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here