Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Petal Pushers: June Jubilee Continued (round 3)

Posted by tracyvine 6 NE Ohio (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 18, 09 at 0:14

Petal Pushers Pictures, Images and Photos

Ding Dong, the old thread is dead... so I am putting up the new one!

I will be posting the new round of I Spy this evening for all of our wonderful Petal Pushers to take a stab at. Please join in for the fun even if you haven't traded this month.

Who is hosting for the next month's swap? Does anyone know?

I heard from a lovely lady that I met here last December. She was wondering if she could come and join in for a swap with us sometime soon. Her GW name is Dr. Gulley/Dianne. I told her that I would let all of you know she might be stopping by sometime soon to visit with us.

Vicky, I can NOT believe what happened to your pool (last post on the old thread for those that missed it)! I was reading your post with my mouth hanging wide open. You poor thing! We had one of those big (yes, I was thinking kiddie pool before) blow-up pools once and I could just not get the hang of it. Ours was a little tiny bit lopsided when we filled it but it didn't flop over on us. My biggest difficulty was getting the algae under control. What a nightmare that was! I am just cringing for you, but kind of giggling too. LOVE YOU!

I can't wait now that you can visit a bit more! Woo HOOO! Vic is back!

Happy Gardening!
Tracy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Petal Pushers: June Jubilee Continued (round 3)

Tracy on the last thread you mentioned the Hosta Forum, you know I haven't been over there. I figured it might be like a lot of others and no one using it LOL.
There are a lot I want too, like Cherry Berry, Drama Queen seen at Lowe's I WILL get it!, Hosta 'Stitch In Time' Love this one! I want it so much!, Hosta 'Striptease', Hosta 'Sugar and Spice', Hosta 'Swamp Thing' love the NAME lol, 'Tattoo' have u seen this one? TOO CUTE!!! 'Thunderbolt', and OMGOSH 'Titanic' < IT is GORGEOUS
'Zebra Stripes'
Those are just a FEW I want, of course I want ALL the ones with food names, like Hush Puppie, Key Lime Pie, Mango Tango (does that count as a food?) Popcorn, Pineapple upside down cake and things like that LOL.

Anyway, didn't mean to turn this into a Hosta chat LOL, but I think they are all so cool I want so many of them and the Heuchera/Heucherella, Tiarella, and Tricyrtis and I started collecting a few others too LOL.

Howdy Vic hon, how are you doing? I hope things are going well for you. Sorry about that pool man that stinks! I miss mine, we had a 25ft 52 inch round and the SO messed it up, he slide into it when there was ice/snow on the ground a messed up and upright but before that the pump went out and I just stopped messing with it after he clobbered it. I told him to take it down! So we did, but I loved having it, I thought about getting one of those smallest blow ring pools, it would be something just to cool off in you know?
Wow 4000 gal of water, that wasn't too small.

Well anyway, I am off to bed now,
Night all,

:) Fran

o

Good morning girls!

Wow Tracy that was a great game that you played. I would be would be more than happy to send the prizes out to the winners!

I have been feeling a bit better taking time away from looking down at the computer. Thank you everyone for asking.

Larry called me yesterday and asked me to meet him at his house to dig more irises. He pointed out a few that he said he knew where historic and wanted me to have. I don't where I'm going to put them but I have to make room somewhere.

I have to get back over to Larry's and get him on the gardenweb. He told me that he would make garden web his life now and hope that you all could take a minute to post a quick note to him on the thread with his pic.

I'll be back later
Lisa

o

• Posted by pat_6 z6 NE KY (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 18, 09 at 8:16

Good Morning, everyone! I don't want to be long on this message because it's actually cool enough, and dry enough, for me to get a little something done outside this a.m.

I did want to pop in and say, "No, Karen, of course you didn't snatch those Heuchera from me! Don't you worry about that at all." Didn't want anyone to think that I'm a sore loser, or anything! LOL! Anyway, there'll be some day in the future when I let you do the bulk of the work and then I steal your prize! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Carmen - I'm glad you liked your plants. I had planned to dig up most of your items from my yard but then I was at that clearance sale and, well, that Star Jasmine was sooo fragrant that I had to check it out! I really wish that we could grow it here. I had to cut it back to fit in the box and the blooms are still in my bathroom in a vase. The smell is just terrific!

I do have the Lithidora Blue Star. I don't suppose it made it there with any blooms still open but they are just the cutest perky little flowers with a white picotee.

As for the Heuchera 'Miracle', well, we'll just have to wait and see if it really is tagged right. I sent it to you "just in case", since you were pleading and all! LOL!

Tracy - I haven't been to the hosta forum. Thanks for tempting me! I know when we talked hosta last year you had been hanging out over there some. I would love to go look at the pictures but I don't need one more thing to call my name. (smile) In fact, I've been trying to think of a cost effective way of clearing out some of these things. (Of course, that doesn't include the majority of my Daylilies, Echinaceas, Hostas and Heuchera. So, I think you can see the problem! I want to have fewer plants to care for without getting rid of them! LOL!)

As for the game, sure, I'll play; if I haven't fallen into bed by then. Chuck is off work this week and we're working on that long "to do" list. Today it involves moving load after load of "guy stuff" from the old garage, which we're selling to my niece (We bought the house next door to this one when Mom was sick. After she passed, we purchased this one and let my niece have the other house for a steal. While we lived there, we built a big workshop on the far end of the lot, about 200 ft. from the house. When we conveyed the house to her, we kept the workshop. Now, she's in a position to buy that tract and we've a new garage to put stuff in! Long explanation, I know.) to the new one. At the end of the day, who can say what condition my poor old body will be in. I might be ready to skip the Pina Colada mixer and just slug my rum from the bottle!

Vic - Hi! It's nice to see you posting. I hate that about your pool. I've never had one of that type but it would never have occurred to me that it would be so tricky. Thank goodness no one was in there when it went!

To anyone I missed, sorry! I hope you guys are having a good day. I've gotta' run.

Pat

o

Hi all!

Wanted to pop in before I get busy and say HI!

Lisa, I'm glad your neck is feeling better! I still have to say hi & Thank you to Larry on his pic. thread.

Pat, lol, I know you're not a sore loser! lol

Vic, sorry about the pool and all of that water! (and money!) What a bummer! Yay! Vic's going to play next month!!

Tracy & Fran, if I had more shady areas, I'd be all over those hostas!!

Carmen, that is so funny about the mailman. They should not keep us waiting!! lol

We are suppose to have rain today & tomorrow. Could make for some hectic days, with all the kids stuck in the house. Thats why I only like rainy 'nights'!! Twelve kids ages 1-11 can make a LOT of noise!

I'll check back when I can!

Karen

o

Good Morning! We had some big storms roll through here last night. Lots of thunder and lightning, high winds and tons of rain. A funnel cloud was spotted not too far south of us. (shudder) I forgot that I hate that part about summer. Crazy storms that pop up all the time.

The ground is saturated, my foxglove has all flopped over. The only iris blooms I had this spring were from Dark Ruler. (Sniffle) Sigh.... Ah well, the daylilies are geting buds on them and the coneflower are just starting to open up. Can't wait to see all those when they bloom.

Fran, the hosta forum is buzzing all the time with chatter. There are lots of oldies that have tons of knowledge to share with everyone. They are a great bunch. I have to look up some of the hosta that you mention, there are soooo many. I love the hostalibrary.org. for doing research. They have lots of pictures, genealogy, and mature growth measurements.

I have one of the food hosta that you have on your wish list. Popcorn! It is truly adorable. Mine is just a tiny fellow now but has the cutest buttery color leaves! I could lick it! LOL! I have to get some pineapple upside down cake for me too. I love that cake! I've been dreaming of it since Pat made it for her hubby!

Lisa, I'm glad that your neck is doing better. I am happy to send out the prizes for the games. Thank you for offering but I want you to relax and have a chance to play. Say hi to Larry for us. Be careful when you dig today. No stressing that back!

Pat, you should really visit over there. You know you will like it. Come on, you want to, I can tell, just a tiny peak... LOL! I plan on posting the game sometime close to dinner time so you won't have to prop your eyelids up with toothpicks to stay awake. It sounds like you have a busy day on your hands. You have hubby all to yourself for a long weekend, eh? Oooh, get that "honey do" list out and get to work!

Karen, want to know a secret? Hosta don't really need shade. You can plant them in direct sunlight as long as you give them enough water. :O) I have some in my rock garden that get tons of sun through some of the hottest hours of the day. They look really happy and lush. Most of them are pretty young and are larger than the ones I have in the shade garden that are the same age. The leaf color is a tiny bit lighter than the shade areas but that can make for some even greater contrast.

Just thought I would throw that out there so you can be even more tempted to hosta-size your yard. (wiggling eyebrows, grinning madly).

o

Tracy! Shhhhhh!! Shame on you for telling me that! NOT!!!! I'm already into Daylillies, Irises, Sedum, and Heucheras and Lillies!! I've always liked Hostas though. I have a couple that were on the property when we bought the place, and they have the hot afternoon sun all day long, AND, I don't even water them. Since I've been dividing them, they are looking much nicer. Maybe a hosta bed IS something I could do after all. I do have spots that have dappled shade. (more sun than not) but gosh darn it!! What is one more addiction? lol

o

(Rubbing my hands together gleefully, laughing maniacally, thinking "Ah, YES! I've hooked her into making room for more HOSTAS!!!!!) MuAhHaHaHaaaaaaaaa!

Hush, me?! I think not! LOL! You know you want them. Got to, Got To have them! LOL! I feel no shame at ALL! LOL!

OK, that cinches it. The prizes for this round will be...
A division of Regal Splendor Hosta
A division of Carnival Hosta
A Division of Georgia Peach Heuchera
And one, oh so so cute, Blue Mouse Ears Hosta!

But it will be a tricky one for this round. Just thought I'd warn everyone.

o

Whaaaaaa!!!!!!! No FAIR!!!!!! Stompin my feet!! Crossing my arms!! lol just kidding! Very nice prizes Tracy! I can't wait to see what you've got in store for everyone! I may not be able to be back online though, until later in the evening. You all are going to have so much fun with this one!

Have a great afternoon!
:) Karen

o

What's not fair? Huh? What'd I miss? Did you think you still weren't going to play this round? Think again Miss Karen! LOL! You want to play and I know it! (evil twinkly in my eye)

Where's Annie? AAAAAAAAnnie! Come out, come out, wherever you are! Play with us!

I have the picture all ready and will be posting it after I slop the pigs. Um, woops, I mean feed the family their lovely dinner. Uh, yeah, that's what I meant!

Here's a picture of Georgia Peach to tempt you with...
Georgia Peach Heuchera

And a little Carnival...
Carnival

And the ever so cute Blue Mouse Ears...
Photobucket

The Blue Mouse Ears for the winner will be more blue than this one because it is has been in the shade garden. The one in the picture gets lots of sun so is quite a bit greener.

o

I'm droooooooolinggggggg!!!!!! I love that Heuchera, and the hostas! When I get home tonite, I will be checking in to see how everyone is doing!! (evil twinkly in MY eye!)

Karen

o

OH Boy, Break me off a piece of that!lol

Tracy, thank you for helping me out with a few games, I really don't mind sending the prizes....If I don't win!

The neck is still acting up but the pain killers are working great! I'm sure when you post the next pic that I'll be seeing things that aren't there..lol

I got a few things done around the house today and then came the rain. It's supposed to rain all weekend here. I should be going away but wont because of all the rain and the two pups.I dont need that mess in my motorhome!

I'll be back after I feed my piggies to try and win those beauties!

lisa

o

Hey everyone,
Good news the mailman is not dead, he came again today and brought me some more goodies. I didn't pounce on him that bad today so he wouldn't go postal on me LOL

Tracy your weather sounds like ours here. Every day about 3pm it's thunder lighting and 60 to70 mile an hr winds. Today at my sale it was like a scene from the Wizard Of Oz. Everybody heads for hills and I'm left looking for toto
LOL What a mess!

Now Pat that was not pleading that I was doing. I needed a miracle just then, I can't help it that you confused that with a plant, it's not my fault that you don't know the diference. hehehe (I love the you made that miracle posible):o) Thanx again

Hi Lisa it's good to see you posting again.

Fran, Karen & Vicky hello I hope you all had a wonderful day.

YAHOOOOO GOT MONEY FOR PLANTS! I GOT MONEY FOR PLANTS!!!!
Hummmmm I wonder how much money I'm making tomorrow.

Good night all and to all a good night
Carmen

o

Well, here I am,ready to play and noone is around! What the heck. hmmm... I think I'll send a prize to the first person tp post to the thread after me. The winner can decide, an iris or a prize package.

Lisa

o

Thu, Jun 18, 09 at 20:54

Lisa - I know what you mean! I showed up to play Tracy's game but where is she? Maybe you and I could just send prizes to each other! LOL!
Pat

o

I came home this afternoon to bring DH's medicine. I will be off for the week-end and will only have to work for my part-time client next week. So, yes, I will get to visit more.

Carmen, we got a heck of a storm again last night and when came home to find DH picking up some limbs that were damaged.

Tracy, beautiful plants, I will try and get back in time to participate in your game. I have to agree with you about the hosta forum, very, very, helpful people over there. BTW, I love the looks of the "Georgia Peach" (hint,hint). If I'm not lucky enough to win at your game maybe we can do a trade ?

Karen, I will start digging your box this week-end :O):O).

Vic, I have to look back to see what happened to your pool and when you are ready for plants just give me a yell.

LIsa, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better.

Sassy, I will send you an e-mail tomorrow when I get back home.

I still have to move more iris this coming week and I'm sad as I've lost quite a few to the rain we've had this season.

I'm hoping everyone received their iris. I know Wendy has internet problems, and shame on me I should have sent them all with delivery confirmation.

Hello to everyone else,
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Hi Pat,

What would you like for your prize? another iris or a different prize.

Annie, nice to see you'll have some time off. I did get my iris, it's planted in it's new home. Thank you.

Tracy, where are you? How much swill can those little piggies eat?

Carmen, sorry, I forgot to say Hello!

Karen, back off......I'm winning this one..lol

o

Thu, Jun 18, 09 at 21:40

Lisa, You don't have to send me a prize. I was just chiming in.

Because I was killing time here, I started out looking at Tracy's trade list to see her wide selection of plants. Then, I wandered over to your page, where I saw that you want daylilies. Is that still so? I might be able to help you out with several fans. Are you looking for named only? Do colors matter? LMK. I have a few for which I need to find new homes.

LOL at you telling Karen to back off! Maybe I should have used that intimidation with her yesterday! :) (Only kidding Karen! I wasn't even at the computer when you won. I had given up.)

Hi, Annie! I'm glad you have some time off.

We had a bad storm here the night before last. They even had a tornado touch down about 30 minutes north of here! Last night we had the "threat" of a repeat, with warnings on the local channels, etc., but it missed us. We've had an overcast day today but that didn't stop it from reaching 89 degrees and very high humidity.

Traaaacccccyyyy, where aaarre youu? Are you shopping for more hostas?

o
prize

Hi Pat, let's use some metal telepathy to get Tracy back.hummmmm, tracy come back, tracy come back. come on Pat, I can't do this alone!

I really should update that list, I have so many more plants than what's on there and yes, Im starting a daylily bed this year. I don't need named, I just think they are so pretty.

I owe you an iris anyway so Please choose, another iris or a few other non plant items.

Lisa

o

Well, I came on to win the game and it isn't even posted yet! What's up with that???

Annie, so nice to hear you get some time off! I will give you a shout in a bit, I'm hoping to get some stuff done in the yard this weekend. So far I've had 3 Iris bloom, I don't know that I will get any more blooms from anything the way the rabbits chomped everything down. I'm just glad that I didn't loose everything before I got a chance to spray. The stuff I got this year is working great, I haven't even seen any of the buggers in the yard since I used it : )

I didn't know that Iris didn't like it wet, not that my yard is wet by far, but we have gotten more rain this spring than in years from what ppl are telling me, I thought that a lot of my Iris just needed another year before they would bloom, which might still be the case.

Carmen, you crack me up! When we moved from Michigan we had a HUGE moving sale, Jamie and I are/were both BAD pack rats! We sold stuff that we had bought up to 4 years ago and never even got close to using! I made a great take in on that, not as much as we spent over the years buying the stuff, but my first thought was "Wow, I could buy soooooo many plants for the new place" LOL - of course, it didn't work out that way! hehe

Well I've gotta get Zack ready for bed and then maybe I'll get a chance to come see if Tracy posted a game!

o

Thu, Jun 18, 09 at 22:00

Hmmmmm (eyes closed, fingers on temples) I'm sending the message but she's not responding. We'll keep working on it.

Please do give the 2nd iris to someone who doesn't win one. I received the first start in the mail yesterday (or was that the day before?) If you truly want to send something for this evening, I choose non-plant.

Pat

o

I'm joining in on the telepathy, I think Tracy is just teasing me, I finally get a chance to play and she WON'T post a game! (pout, sniff)

o

updating my trade list out of shear boredom!

o
Where, oh where, has our Tracy gone?

Thu, Jun 18, 09 at 22:38

I know Tracy is a night owl but do you think she fell asleep from sheer exhaustion?

o

Wavin' at Vic! Hiya girl! I know what you mean about Tracy being slack, finally get a chance and shes out sloppin' the hogs. (her words, not mine))) I'm sorry about your pool dear, just caught up on the last posts of the other thread. These gals talk like a bunch of women, lol, I don't have time to keep up anymore, but i'll keep checkin' in when i can. I just have to do like you, glance through and try to speak.

Youwhooooo Tracy????? (Turnin' head and whistlin') I'm just kidding hun, I really need to get my butt to bed, but I'll wait on ya for a few. If I don't get to play, congrats to the winner ahead of time!

If no one is signed up as hostess for next month, I'll do it, but I'm warning you, its time for our annual cookbook swap. and thats what I'll do. I know we never got our cookbook together last year, but we can try again or just exchange receipes here on the boards.

Will check in later if I can stay awake, lol.

Sassy

Heres a couple of pics of my latest purchases

Sweet as Honey
Sweet As Honey

Alien Invader

Alien Invader

and one more....

Pumpkin Prince

Pumpkin Prince

I won't post them all at one time.

o
Tracy

sassy, those are beautiful! where did you find them? I"m just starting a daylily bed and would love to add them.

SOOOOO, where is Miss Tracy?

Pat, I will send a non plant surprise with your iris at the end of the month. I started to update my trade page but can't remember what the heck I have out there. I think I need paper and pen to walk the yard to do a full inventory.

hum dee dum dum.....Tracy, where are you?

o

Thu, Jun 18, 09 at 23:02

I'd like to know too. I remember Sassy saying she has used Blueridge DLs in the past, because I have too. Seeing the pic of 'Alien Invader' I zipped over there to see if they have it. They do, but it's out of my price range! I would LOVE to see that bloom in person. If the color is outstanding as that photo, I might talk myself into buying one!

On the Blueridge website 'Pumpkin Prince' is $24.99 and they (blueridgebuttons = same vendor) are selling it on eBay for about $5 more.

o

Hey girls,

I have in the past (and still do) buy from Blueridge, they send outstanding fans, but I went to Marietta Gardens open house on May 31st, and had a 'daylily' ball! I bought 8 - 10 single fans of daylilies and came home with 8 - 10 fans of most, not all. I didn't come home with less than 3 fans of any and even my bonus fan (I mean plants) was this.....check out the price of it:)

Voices In The Dark

Anyway, you girls don't worry about buying them, I'll gladly share with, just need a break from these 10+ days:)
lol, I don't have to go in until 12pm tommorrow, so I'm up a little later than usual! hehehe

Sassy

o

Hi everyone!

I think that 'Alien Invader' is beautiful also!! I love the coloring!

So many showed up to play! I had to tell the boys as we were driving up the driveway 'I get the computer first!' Gee, thats usually coming out of their mouths!! I wanted to see how y'all were doing!! You have me worrying Tracy!

I'm about ready for bed though, so hopefully in the morning we will have heard from Tracy. We are in storm warnings tonight, and I hope we don't have anything bad. We do need some more rain though.

Good night ladies!
Karen

o

Oh Sassy,

That one is just lovely too! Lucky you to have been able to go and pick out those beauties!

I tried to go to blueridge and check out the prices but I can't find the site for some reason.

Doesn't Tracy know that we have to work in the am and we are up waiting for her?

Sassy, do you grow irises? if so, would you like a Larry iris? I would be happy to send you one. I think most of the petal pushers have them already. Please let me know.

o
Thank you Thank you!

Yes I would love one of Larry's iris. I think its just awesome what you've done for him, and what a contribution you've made everywhere on his behalf. I know he is just delighted to know they are all in good homes around the country. I would hope someone would do that for me someday, and believe me, I'm sure I don't come close to having what he had, but yes, please tell me what I need to do, and I'd love to have one. You will be blessed for what you've done for him hun, as a matter of fact, I'm sure you already are.

Pat I meant to tell you, most were blooming when I picked them out and I did see a bloom on Alien Invader and it wasn't quite as 'brilliant' as in the photos but it was gorgeous enough that I bought it at a pretty price. I loved it enough I was going to give it a shot, maybe sometime I'll get to upload some photos of my own. I'll post more sometime later. I'll tell you what, they gave me such huge hunks of plants, they dug them up, I drove home an hour away and came home, planted them and never lost a bud. Thats pretty darn good. I'll get my list updated for this year (can't believe I haven't done it yet) and any of you girls will have 1st dibs) I owe some of these girls some plants already, and need to get a box out to them to make up for the wait:)

Well I'm going to have to get to bed, so I better say goodnight. Hope you girls have fun playing, Tracy probably had to get all the kiddos off to bed first.

Hugs to all!
Sassy

o
nighty night

Alright Tracy, you win! I think were all heading off to bed, five thirty will come around very fast.

Have fun with the game tomorrow ladies. I'll check in in the afternoon when I get in from work. I'll play a game for a prize tomorrow.

Nighty night
Lisa

o
Blueridge

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Blue-Ridge-Daylilies-DAYLILY-STORE__W0QQ_armrsZ1

o

Hello Ladies, How is everyone?

OMG, I have been waiting on Tracy too, what's up with that? Tracy girl I hope everything is ok with you. You know this makes us worry!

OMG SASSY, those are so gorgeous, I can't remember what sight I first saw 'Alien Invader' but I have wanted it ever since. There was a lot on that site I wanted I swear I have expensive taste in DLs I would see one I REALLY loved and would look at the price and my eyes would almost fall out of my head each time! All the ones I really really liked were over 45.00 each!
So, if I do get to buy some I will be staying with the cheapos LOL.
OMG SASSY again! I checked the price on Voices in the Dark from the place you got it, they have it listed for 100.00 you did VERY WELL gf!

I have a nice little collection of DL going at the moment, I am very fond of the one I got as a bday gift, it is Sweet Hot Chocolate! It is really pretty too. It just got through blooming.
I got a few other cute ones too, but they are too small to bloom just yet, they are babies I just got too.

I am posting the link to Blue Ridge Lisa.

I hope everyone is having a great night!

Well I will check back again in a bit, if she hasn't posted by midnight she isn't going too LOL.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Ridge Daylilies

o

Omagosch, Sassy,
If my first didn't already belong to someone else I'd trade him for that Alian Invader, that is a beauty! LOL

Good morning all wishing you all a blessed day.:o)

Let me see (counting my money and scratching my head) which one of those DL's can I afford. (Today better be a really good yard sale)Too many DL's too little money. :-(

Where is that Tracy girl? I stayed up really late too so so I can take a crack at it tooooooo.(pouting)

o

Sassy, I'm on my way to your house with a shovel and bucket! That is a beauty (Alien Invader) they ALL are! : )

Traaacccyyyy, where oh where are you?????????
I hope you are ok!!!!

Looks like everyone stayed up late last night, I thought for sure I would get on here and the game would be over!

I gotta go, I'm at work (SHHHHH) :~)

o

Pat, Karen, Lisa, Carmen, Vic, Sassy, Fran, Annie, and anyone else who was popping in to check on, I am so sorry that I wasn't here last night to post the game.

As we were finishing dinner last night I got a phone call from my best friend. She was having an emergency and needed me. There was a huge fight between her and her husband and he left her on the side of the road. I had to go pick her up. We talked for a very long time. Then I finally brought her home. After we got to her house her husband wouldn't let me leave and kept pulling me into their arguement. It was not a pleasant evening. I didn't get to leave until very very late. I am exhausted from the stress of it all.

Your mental telepathy was working because I was just mortified that I wasn't home to post the game. I kept thinking how terrible I was to keep teasing and prodding everyone to play last night and then I disappeared and left you hanging. I feel awful. I am truly sorry for making all of you stay up so late and wondering where the heck I went off to.

I have the game all ready to go for you guys if you still want to play. I promise that no matter what I will not disappear again. Let me know if you want to. I would prefer to do it in the evening like I was planning on for last night so everyone can play.

I am really sorry for letting everyone down last night. I hope you understand.

Hugs,
Tracy

o

Oh Tracy!
Please don't worry about us!! We were just teasing you, and we were having fun while doing it!

The important thing is that you are OK, gosh, that sounds like a horrible night! I had a similar situation with a cousin of mine years ago and know it is a very stressful thing to go through!

Of course we still want to play! : )
You go take a nap and get some rest, I'll be back with some Pina Colada's later tonight : )

o

Gosh Tracy I am so glad that you are ok, you know what kind of imagination we all have. Don't ever pull that crap again,( just kiding Hugs to you) I'm sure this will work itself out, it always does I'm soorry for your friend thats not an easy thing to go thru.

Now lets get this game goin, and if you have hide again thats ok too. hugs,
Carmen

o

Good afternoon ladies,

Tracy, don't you feel bad for even a minute! Life happens.
I'll be on later on to play your game. I hope that you get the rest that you need.

everyone else, hope you have a great day
Lisa

o

Yes, Tracy, no one was disappointed with you! Just worried! You're a good friend, and your friend is lucky to have ya! Don't feel bad!! :) We're glad you're back and ok!

GAME ON! lol

Karen

o

Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 15:52

Tracy! Look what power you have over this group. (Smile) You say "be there" and we all show up! Even when you're hours late, we just keep waiting...

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a stressful time. I'm sure you would have rather been here playing a game and laughing at all of us with our wild guesses!

Of course no one is upset with you. Things come up sometimes. After a little while I think we were all more concerned about your welfare than we were worried about the game. I'm glad you're okay.

Anyway, if we act all stinky about it, you might just cancel the game and keep those nice prizes! LOL!

See you this evening!

Pat

o

You girls are great. Thank you so much for being understanding.

Lisa, I am so glad you are going to play! I can't wait to see what your drug induced guesses produce tonight! As to how long it takes to slop these little piggies, well, that can be a looong time when it's something they don't like. Poor hubby got stuck trying to force them to finish eating their ham, potatoes, and corn after I left. The ham wasn't a problem but the rest took a long while from the reports I got from DH when I got home.

You are too funny handing out prizes to Pat for posting next. I got a giggle out of that.

Pat, I only WISH I had been shopping for hosta last night instead of what I was doing. That would have been much more fun.

You guys busted me up with your joint effort at mental telepathy. I was definitely feeling the vibe. Talk about when people put their heads together...

Oh, and me fall asleep at the computer? Never! I always have a huge cup of coffee in hand to keep me stimulated! Besides that you guys always keep me laughing. Who can fall asleep between all the giggles?

Sassy, I can't believe I missed your visit last night. I am so disappointed! Your daylilies are simply gorgeous. I have to wipe off the computer now. A puddle of drool is all over the keyboard now! I LOOOOVE those! Alien Invader's coloring is to die for!

Annie Darlin' I will tuck a little piece of Georgia Peach into the package I have been figuring out for you. I am going to add that right onto the list. Smooches!

Carmen and Fran, I am sorry to make you guys worry. You are so sweet to be concerned about me. I promise I will be here tonight! (As long as I don't answer the phone tonight!) :O)

Oh, Carmen, we had another deluge of rain at 7am today. It rained cats and dogs for 4 1/2 hours! Finally the sun came out and the kids are out playing in the pool that I picked up for them. 24" of water has quickly gone down to maybe 10" with all the splashing and refilling of water guns. They've been laughing and screaming their heads off for hours! What a hoot they are!

Vic, you are awesome. I love the joking, I was getting some chuckles as I was reading through the thread. You guys were really funny. I feel bad knowing that your cousin has gone through this too. It has been years since these two have pulled this stuff, the stress of moving has brought out the hubby's ugly side and she is stressed beyond belief. He can be so hateful. For some reason he pulls it together when I show up. I hope they figure out how to get through this soon. I can't stand what it's doing to her. Hopefully I made some sense to them both.

Karen, you are a darling, too, for being so understanding. I called my friend this afternoon to make sure she still thinks I'm a good friend. I got a little hot with the two of them toward the end of last night. She's ok today. Hopefully things will go well tonight between them. If not, she is supposed to come here with the kids. Keep your fingers crossed.

"GAME ON!" is right! Tonight we play!

Now, does everyone know where their Zoom is in their toolbar? Got your bifocals out? Magnifying glasses? Contrast adjusted? Light Balanced? Because you better bring your "A" Game, there are a few things that even I have a hard time finding and I'm the idiot that put them there! LOL! There are more items this time too! (Doing my best Joker cackle)

o
I was typing too long!

Pat, thank you for worrying me and not being upset. I would definitely have much rather been here with you guys. That was a recurring thought that had while I was gone last night.

I was so busy going back over the thread, trying to make sure I didn't miss anything, I was reading and typing for forever and missed your post.

Me? Power? ROFL! That there is the power of Heuchera and HOSTA! LOL! The Power of the Plants compels us!

o

Now remember Tracy, I'm on Monatana Mountain time and am 2 hours later then everyone so don't post that pic too early!
LOL

Off to take the kid to the Drs. just a nasty chest cold and I am tired of him keeping me up at night! : )

o

Tracy we are all glad you are ok. You have been absent from the group for a while, don't want to lose you again!
I feel for your friend and you too, it is too bad she is in the situation but even worse they dragged you into it. I hope she truly appreciates the fact that you are such a good friend to her! It takes someone special to stand in between a feuding couple!
I am just glad you are ok and it wasn't an issue or emergency with YOUR family! We do love yah you know! Regardless of any plants you might have to offer up to us, you are what is important!
I knew something had happened when you were not on last night at any time because it isn't like you not to be here if you say you will and when you have missed a time being here it was because of some big issue so yeah, we all understand and life happens. I didn't even get to check last night until about 10:00 and I figured by then I was LONG past on any chance at winning the game I was coming to check to see who did actually WIN, so I was SHOCKED when the game had not been posted lol, and NOT upset with you just concerned about your were abouts, then while I was typing my response MISS SASSY sashayed right on in here and posted those beautiful Daylilies! and I pretty much miss her too!

Hello everyone, how is it going today. Rainy for most of you. It is hot and hazy here today. I have been outside for a good portion of the day I am in here now because everyone likes to eat and I am the only one of us who knows how to cook, YEAH LUCKY ME!
I HATE cooking, I want someone to do that for me!!! I would rather play outside all day then do housework or cook! LOL, where is the fun in that? Although I do like to eat so I guess someone has to cook yippee, so exciting it is me!
YUCK!!!!

I have more plants to pot up so I will be going back to that after I eat, BUT I am hoping before I go outside MISS TRACY GIRL post the game first LOL.

Ok, I am gonna go so I can keep an eye on the thread LOL, yeap I would LIKE to win but Tracy already said this one was harder and NO I DO NOT know how to zoom in on a pic so I guess I will not be able to see everything :(.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

o

Good evening ladies,
Thank God! this is the end of another yard sale day. Whew!! it was hot as an oven in thanksgiving. :o)

Karen, my Iris arrived today I can't wait to see it in bloom
thank you so much for the extra(bone meal) that was so sweet of you I have never used it so it is something new to me, with my addictive personaly before long I'll be addicted to that. LOL

Ladies I need help with two things. Can someone please show me the correct pronounciation of "heuchera" and what the heck does ROFL mean? (I'm such a newbee LOL)

Pat I'm so excited about the lily "Duke of Nurham" it is blooming. If you would have would have cut an 1/8 of an inch lower you would have cut the off the bud( but you probably new that) it has 2 strong stems with buds. I love it. thanx again!

I just received a catalog from "Gilbert H. Wild & son" all about lilies, peonies and hostas, beautiful lilies from 2.00 to 10.00 $. Has anybody ever bought from them before?
They have great looking stuff. Let me know if you know anything about them....... www.gilberthwild.com .....

If I don't get to post on the game it's because I'm past out.
This sale has been wearing me out... but it's been worth it .

check in later

o

Carmen I am glad you sale is going well.
You can look up how to pronounce Heuchera, it will tell you LOL, I have done it too because I knew the way I said it it was WRONG OH SO WRONG and a friend told me how I told her she was nuts and went to the thing that tells you HOW to pronounce it and she was SOOO VERY RIGHT LOL

ROFL=Rolling on the floor lauhing...

Ok well, I am headed outside again I guess I will miss the game too. You ladies have fun!!!

o

Ok, I was going to post the game now before I slopped the piggies for the evening but I will wait a bit so Miss Vicky has a chance to get home and settled first. Poor Zack, I hope he isn't too uncomfortable with his cold. My little guy Jack is stuffed up and starting with a mild cough. I think it might just be allergies so we'll see.

Fran, thanks for worrying hon. The thing is it's actually better for someone who is more neutral to be there to help keep things from reaching that next level sometimes. My friend is closer to me than family. We have been there through some tough stuff and neither one of us will falter when it comes to taking care of each other. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for her or her kids. They are simply that important.

Ok, now, for all of you who don't know how to zoom. If you look at the task bar at the top of your internet explorer page you should see a little icon called "Page". If you click on that you will have a drop down menu appear. It will offer a "Zoom" feature. If you click on that then you will have the option of blowing up the internet page up to 400%. This is a great little tool for people with impaired vision to use too so I thought it might be worth mentioning for more than just cheating at the game! LOL!

Vic, hurry home sweetie! It is 6:46pm here so I'm guessing you should be close to home soon.

Off to slop the pigs now! OINK! Then it is time to PLAY!

o

I have the same problem pronouncing flowers. I can spell everyone, but know that I say a lot of them wrong. One of my bad ones is echinacea. So when ever I am talking to someone, I always warn them that I am probably pronouncing them wrong. My most latest embarrassment was that I was talking to a friend who I had'nt seen in a long time, and was gushing about my monkshood that I wintersowed. It is has come back and growing so nice this spring/summer. She looked at me kind of strange, and said 'do you mean MONKShood?' I said MONKshood. What a dummy I felt like! lol

o
June Jubilee

Hi Tracy! I was interrupted while typing my last post, so it took me a while to get it on here.

Oooh, now I know how to zoom, too!

Little Petal Pusher's, come out and PLAAAAAAAYYYY! :O)

o

Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 19:14

Here, guys. Check out this link at FineGardening.com (there are dozens of sites if you Google them) while you're hanging out. Turn on your speakers and click the botanical name to hear how it's pronounced. No more embarrassing moments!

Here is a link that might be useful: Botanical Pronunciations

o

READY? SET? It's time for a little ZOOM ZOOM! LOL! In this photograph you should find 15 items. 4 of them may be impossible to find in the picture, they're there, just super hard to see. Anyway, if no one finds them then the winner will be the first person to find 11 + any of the 4 hard to find ones. Good Luck Everyone! On your marks, get set, GO!

I SPY GAME 2

o
chit chat

Carmen, I have always said heuchera as "Hyew Sher Uh" until I met another gardener at the local garden sale and we started chatting about the ones we had. She said that she thought it was pronounced "Hue Ker Uh". I told her I had no idea and was pronouncing it that way because of how I thought it sounded from it's appearance. She wasn't positive either so we just laughed.

Thanks to Pat and her link I now know that I was definitely wrong and it is pronounced "Hue Ker Uh".

Gilbert Wild is well liked by my friend Trina/Pixiesluvplants. She has ordered from them several times since last summer. She's ordered peonies and daylilies from them with no complaints. She lost some of her daylily tags so was in a bit of a quandery with those, took pictures of them and emailed them to GHW and they responded quickly with the names. That is some good customer service.

Pat, thank you! I have bookmarked that one so I can be a smarter sounding gardener from now on! :O)

Karen, are you zooming yet? LOL!

o

Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 20:00

Orange Cat
Army figure to right of cat
Domino
Blue Car
Pink Princess ? (I dont know the character) locket
Yellow Duck
Army guy standing in foliage above and to right of duck
Army guy lying on rock
Screwdriver
Clear glass on rock
#1 figure in tree
Army guy to left of #1 figure
Sun ornament
Windchime
Elephant

I can see 2 other things but I can't tell what they are!

o

Orange Cat
Domino
Blue Car
Yellow Duck
Army guy lying on rock
Screwdriver
Clear glass on rock (forgot to take that out of the pictures so that is 16)
#1 figure in tree
Sun ornament
Windchime (didn't realize that was in the picture too so that makes 17)
Elephant

You just need one more and it is in plain site!

o

Tracy,

I have the same a spat plus a hat

o
Correction!

oops, I meant two more. I got thrown off in my count! LOL!

o
game

is she missing the figure thats red and blue witha hat

o
I love games

Nope no hat Lisa! Try again!

o
Answering Lisa

Nope, that is her "figure #1"

o
guess

Is that a shoe sole on the rock?

o
Answering Lisa 2

No, there isn't a shoe sole.

o
solar light

was the solar copper lamp there before?

o
Game Play

Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 20:22

Lisa - That's one of the 2 things I can see but have no idea what I'm looking at!

Tracy - I also see your blue/aquamarine globe on the far left but I think I've seen that in earlier photos. Is that a light?

I've done my part to lay the groundwork for Karen or Lisa or Fran or... I'm interested to see what the other items are!

Pat

o
Solar Light

Yes, the solar lights were there before.

o

I'm here!

I'm right on your heels Pat! LOL

o
sock

Is that a sock?

o
Vic

Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 20:27

Vic - I did all I could for you. Now you finish the challenge! LOL!

o
lantern

Come on, you can do it!

Yes, I took the blue globe kerosene lanterns out. I can't see it in the picture though.

o
Sock

No not a sock

o
car

how about the cozy coupe car?

o

domina
garfield
ladle
Blue Car
Pink toy
Yellow Duck
Army
gi joe
Screwdriver
Clear glass
Sun ornament
Windchime
Elephant

o

Well this is what I had after looking and not looking at anyone elses answers;

Elephant
Sun
windchime
car buggy thing behind tree
screwdriver
clown
silver ladle
toy car
glass
army guy standing in grass
kitty
domino
army guy laying on rock
army guy to right of ladle
princess toy thing

o
globe lantern

Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 20:31

Tracy - Isn't that the lantern peeking out from behind the hosta foliage to the left of the duck? (Maybe you aren't zoomed in enough! LOL!)

The only other thing (other than whatever that is on the rock) I see in that pic is something yellow on the walk behind the bed. I presume that's a child's toy on the sidewalk...

o
my guess

and is there also a
pill bottle???
and shoe horn to go along with Pat's???

o
Carmen

Ok, Carmen, You have:

domino
garfield (Orange Cat)
ladle ((I'll give you that, it is a baby spoon)
Blue Car (Mader from Cars the movie)
Pink toy (what is it?)
Yellow Duck
Army
gi joe
Screwdriver
Clear glass
Sun ornament
Windchime
Elephant

Still a few more to get!

Hey, Vic! Hurry Up!

o
RE: UPDATE: Petal pushers: June Jubilee Continued (round 3)

there is a brown army guy to the right of the kitty

o
So it's this

So it's this and one more thing?

Orange Cat
Domino
Blue Car
Yellow Duck
Army guy lying on rock
Screwdriver
Clear glass on rock
#1 figure in tree
Sun ornament
Windchime
Elephant
Baby Spoon

o
try again!!!!

Orange Cat
Domino
Blue Car
Yellow Duck
Army guy lying on rock
Screwdriver
Clear glass on rock
#1 figure in tree
Sun ornament
Windchime
Elephant

baby spoon
garden gnome

o
lantern again!

Pat, no that is a plant marker that is tucked in there. The thing on the sidewalk is just one of the kid's Little Tykes toy cars that they ride around in.

Vic, no pill bottle and it's not a shoe horn, Carmen had it right when she said Ladle sort of but it is a baby spoon.

o
games

shoe horn
screw driver
clear glass
windchime
#1 figure
sun
army guy
elephant
cat
cat army guy
domino
blue car
pink princess locket?
duck
anoyjer army guy

o
What garden gnome?

Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 20:40

Wow, Vic! You took me seriously. I believe that's my list!!! LOL! Where's a garden gnome???

o
Pat, you are so CLOSE

Pat, YES! One more thing. You are getting there! LOOK very CLOSE!

o
guilty

Yep Pat! It sure is, with a couple other added to it! LOL
Tracy didn't say we couldn't cheat!!!

Pina Colada anyone???

o
gnome

is that a garden gnome in the tree below and to the left of the sun??

o

Hey!!! Whoohoo the games on! Good luck girls, just popping in for a sec, Tracy don't worry about not being here last night, its unusual for me to have the time, I'm not going to play, (think they've about got it figured out anyway, lol) gotta run jump in the shower and get back to putting up green beans but I'll try to keep checking on the game. You girls keep having fun!

Sassy

o
Updating

ROFL! @ Vic! LOL! No garden gnome though. Unless you have x-ray vision and can see the one that Lisa sent me last summer. LOL! (smooches)

Lisa, that is a baby spoon and not a shoe horn, Carmen guessed it.

o
fair

ah, I'm trying not to look at thye other guesses, I want to win fair and square. LOL

o
Garden Gnome

Vic, no, that is Pat's figure #1 which is a hobo clown pin. You have no idea how hard I am laughing my butt off right now!

o
hmmm

I've got my zoom at 400 and am going crossed eyed!

How about a ROCK??? LOL

Pat, I guess there is no gnome

What is the guy in the tree below the sun?

o
I cant keep up!

There looks like there is something to the right of and below the screwdriver, also my eyes think they see something in the heuchera to the left of the toy car. I have no idea of what they may be though!

Come on girls!

o
Sassy! Save ME!

Hey Sassers! Come back after you're done with your beans!

o
Game continues

Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 20:52

Lisa, You might as well look at everyone else's. Vic's already confessed to cheating! LOL! And, to be honest, if I hadn't read Tracy's clarification of Carmen's guess (baby spoon) I would never have guessed that! It's all so obvious once you know.

o
Karen!

Karen, you are on to something there. I won't say which part though. (evil grin!) LOL!

Vicky, I am cracking up at you. 400 zoom and cross eyed!

o
last

Tracy,

is the last item a heart shaped rock?

o
My Heart

Lisa, it is a heart shaped gold pin!

o
hmmmm

elephant
sun
windchime
screwdriver
clown
baby spoon
toy car
glass
army guy grass
army guy rock
army guy tree
army guy brown
kitty
domino
princess toy
duck
nose in the heuchera, lol, what the...?

o
item

is that the last item, did i win ?

o
my guess again

Orange Cat
Domino
Blue Car
Yellow Duck
Army guy lying on rock
Screwdriver
Clear glass on rock
#1 figure in tree
Sun ornament
Windchime
Elephant
baby spoon
garden gnome
heart shaped gold pin!

o
Lisa

Lisa, I do believe you did win!!
Congrats!!!

o
RE: UPDATE: petal pushers: June Jubilee Continued (round 3)

ohh vic, where is a gardin gnome??? My eyes are buggin out looking for that sucker!

o

Lisa, almost, after adding the heart onto your list you are still missing a couple items.

Karen, You are also missing a couple items

o
got to go

I cant even stay on to see if I won, my neck is killing me!!

Have a great night ladies
Lisa

Tracy, great game!

o
Karen

there is a little guy (or something) in the tree below the copper sun

o
last guess

okay, add garden gnome and baby spoon

o
Game over

Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 21:06

Darn it! I saw that heart shape but thought it was a rock. I wasn't going to ask since the last time Tracy cracked up at me for making up things!

Congratulations, Lisa! You did it!

Karen - Nose in the heuchera????

Tracy - Now that it's over, are there other items in there that we were supposed to see? Or is that all of them?

o
list

What about my err, I mean Pat's list??
LOL

Pat hurry and add the last item to your list!
You are the closest of all of us!

o
Lisa's List

This is Lisa's last list:

shoe horn (baby spoon)
screw driver
clear glass
windchime
#1 figure (clown pin)
sun
army guy
elephant
cat
cat army guy
domino
blue car
pink princess locket?
duck
heart pin
anoyjer army guy

You're only missing one thing that has been spotted by another player. Hang out for a tiny bit more! Please?

o
last try

Orange Cat
Domino
Blue Car
Yellow Duck
Army guy lying on rock
Screwdriver
Clear glass on rock
#1 figure in tree
Sun ornament
Windchime
Elephant
Baby Spoon
heart pin!

o
might have won

Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 21:08

Orange Cat
Domino
Blue Car
Yellow Duck
Army guy lying on rock
Screwdriver
Clear glass on rock
#1 figure in tree
Sun ornament
Windchime
Elephant
Baby Spoon
Heart shaped pin

o
another try

ok,

elephant
sun
windchime
screw driver
clown/figure
baby spoon
toy car
glass
army guy grass
army guy rock
army guy tree
army guy brown
kitty
domino
princess toy/locket
heart pin
duck

I'm seeing double! lol

o
gnome

gnome

o
Pat

Your list looks just like the last list I posted! ROFLOL!!!

o
Pat..

Pat - yes, in the heuchera by the blue car, it looks like a wooden nose! lol I know it isn't, but it kinda looks like it!

o
winner winner winner

LISA! You did it! You were only missing the 4th army guy! Woo HOOOO! Congratulations! You are the Winner!

o

Yippee!!! Way to go Lisa!!!! Congrats!!

o

Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 21:17

That was crazy!!! Thanks for doing playing that game, Tracy! It's a great idea. I'm sure we'll see it again! I'm off now, to visit with dh.

o
Ruh Roh Raggy

I just took another look at the posts from both Lisa and Pat. They are time stamped at the same moment. I am going to be declaring this a...

TIE!

Both Lisa and Pat will be getting the prizes for this game.

Congratulations to both of you! That was the fastest moving game I think we have ever played! This was quite a hoot. The whole family has been gathered around me throughout the game and they have been cracking up right along with me. Thank you so much for making this such a blast!

You all rock!

o

domino
garfield
spoon
blue car
pink toy princess
yellow duck
screwdriver
clear glass
sun ornament
wind chime
elephant
toy clown
purple plastic flower
3 army men toys

o
grrr

For some reason GW logged me off.

Tracy, I believe Pat posted at the same time as Lisa.....

We won't count my list since I took it from Pat! LOL
I was just playing for fun : )

o
Tied!

Pat! Come baaaaaack! I posted a little bit back that you and Lisa posted at the same time. You both win!

Vic, I took a second look and saw that. I hope they notice! Argh! Sorry you got logged out. I was worried that something like that might happen with all the rapid posting we were doing.

o
Good news!

I went out to water and feed the dogs and was looking at my poor pathetic flower bed and guess what I seen?!?
A new rose bush coming up!!! Whoo HOOOO Now I just have to figure out what kind! That may take a year or 2 LOL For some reason most of my tags have vanished! I got 2 very nice size rogusa roses in a trade last year and they both appear to have died, but since this other one just came up I am not giving up hope : )

Tracy, that was a fun game! I would do one, but if I tried to hide anything in my flower bed it would be far too easy to see! LOL

o
Fun times

Vic, I am excited that you found your rose bush! That is awesome. I bought a new one this year. It will be my first attempt since I murdered my last attempts years ago. I have been very unlucky with roses.

All of you inspired me to try them again with your talk of roses last year. I will try to keep it alive. It looks good so far. Was a little shocked after I planted it but it has new growth on it and bloomed for me earlier this month. Wish me luck.

I had tons of tags lose their labels over the winter. I used paint pens, which were supposed to be weather resistant. Mostly the ones that I used the grease pencil on stayed better. I am waiting for all my echinacea to bloom so I can put the right names on them again. I may invest in a label machine after a while so I don't have to keep doing this.

I'm glad you had fun with the game. I really had a blast doing it. So did the kids with contributing the toys. We enlisted the neighbor's kids with the army guys. I thought those little devils would be the last to get spotted for sure. Pat bowled me over when they were on her first list. She blew my mind.

If I used any of the other gardens it wouldn't have been so hard. I was thinking about it but then I would have had to prop things up so they wouldn't be all on the ground.

o

Well, I'm worn out. I am heading off to bed. I guess you guys are all tuckered out from all this mayhem.

Congratulations again to Pat and Lisa. You guys did great. I have Lisa's addy but I still need Pat's. I thought I had that one too but can't seem to find it.

Pat, I sent you an email sweetie.

Vic, great cheating. I mean, um, way to play!

Karen, awesome job spotting the heart. I was about to bust when you were so close to getting it.

Sassy, if you come back on, sorry I couldn't stay up anymore. I am plum tuckered now. Smooches!

Carmen, hope your last day of the sale goes well Darlin'! Way to play tonight.

Nighters!

o

I've seen your other gardens Tracy, you could hide stuff in all of them! : )

Looks like the game is over and everyone took off!

Annie, I sent you an email. Also, I forgot to tell you, your hosta bed is to die for! and what is that spotted plant in there? Is it a hosta? And is that ummm, shoot, I can't think of the name, I just had it and now my brain is blank! (whats new) AH! Bishops weed? or a hosta with very small leaves?

You will have to post a pic on here so the girls know what I'm talking about. hehe

Night girls!
Vic

o

Wow what a fun game, sorry I missed it.
Congrats Lisa AND Pat way to go. I just got in a little bit ago I wasn't able to get on until now after I bathed, the SO helped me plant and I am still not finished with everything that needs to be potted up.
I am HOPING tomorrow (well later today!) I will be finished for a little bit. MAN, my whole body HURTS. We set up a light in the yard and had all the planting material right there within the light view and we planted like mad, well I think he potted up more then I did I was busy making tags.
I am so glad he helped I think it would have taken me a least a week to pot up everything.
I can't plant in the yard yet because the flower beds are not ready and I don't want to put anything in just to have that devil grass take over in a few days.

I really hate I missed playing, I know you all had loads of fun. I started to look and then I realized I better check for a winner first LOL.
Ok well I am off to bed, I am so tired, worn out and sore!
I sure hope all these beauties are worth it! LOL

Night all,

o

Hi. Is there a prise for the the next person that post the earlyest? (how do you spell that) hehehe

My goodness I'm not playing this game anymore!!!!!!!!
I spent most of the night in Tracy's garden looking for toys,baby spoons,dominos, cats and ducks Oh my heavens I didn't realize how involved I got. WHEW!!! What a nightmare
With not getting any rest I'll be paying people to take my stuff today, maybe I'll hide in my garden and whoever finds it can have it. LMAO I should have had that pina collado!!!(or asked Lisa for some of her neck stuff)hehe

Ladies have a very blessd day,
Carmen

o

Good morning Ladies!

I'm sorry that I just dropped off last night, the pain was just getting too bad. I was laying on the couch with my laptop next to me and remembered the cut and paste feature. I cant believe that I forgot it!!! I sat back up and copied pat's list, she had typed them all in and I had them written on paper. "I really did have the same written down on paper". Well, except for the baby spoon and the gnome(good going Vic!)and that was it for me. I sat up and posted. I had my hubby check for me when he came in from a ball game around 11. Whoo hoo, I won!

I'm hoping today is a better day and I can play a version of I SPY later tonight. I'll post the game at 8pm if we are going to play today.

That was a great idea Tracy, I really enjoyed playing!

Have a great day all
Lisa

o

Hi. Is there a prise for the the next person that post the earlyest? (how do you spell that) hehehe

my goodness I'm not playing this game anymore!!!!!!!!
I spent most of the night in tracy's garden looking for toys,baby spoons,dominos, cats and ducks Oh my heavens I didn't realize how involved I got. WHEW!!! What a nightmare
With not getting any rest I'll be paying people to take my stuff today, maybe I'll hide in my garden and whoever finds it can have. LMAO I should have had that pina collado!!!

Ladies have a very blessd day,
Carmen

o

Actually I posted around 4:45 this morning but I couldn't get the darn thing to post. ERRRR then I posted twise. Boy I pray my day goes better then this morning.

o

Morning!

Vic, yep, they all took off on us. Finally I did too. I think I know what you're talking about in Annie's picture that you have. It is probably Pulmonaria. I have a few different kinds. Some of it is from Annie. The common name is Lungwort. Most have green to greenish-blue leaves with lighter grey-blue spots on them. Some have wide leaves, others have skinny leaves. There are quite a few varieties out there. They have the prettiest flowers in the spring. They start out bright pink and then turn a deep royal blue.

I put a link for you at the bottom of the post. :O)

Carmen, I know what you mean. I feel a little derailed this morning. I have my first jolt of coffee working it's way through my system. Grab yourself a triple espresso. You'll be back on track soon. :O) You have me chuckling at hiding the sale items. DO it! Then you can charge admission too.

Lisa, I had a feeling that you might have bolted before you knew you won. I can't believe you weren't copying and pasting the lists! OH wow!

I figure that we posted around 70 times during the game last night. That has to be a record.

I will be here with bells on for your game! I can't wait! I hope your poor neck can hold out for it though. I was posting answers as quick as I could, checking my lists, ticking off all the answers, trying to figure out if any got missed. It was hillarious. I can't believe how quick that time went but how long we were playing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pulmonaria Link at Terra Nova Nurseries

o

I'm back home!!!

It is so hot out again today and yesterday we got more rain! I'm so tired of rain! (sorry, I know some need it in the worse way).

Carmen, Tracy sure knows how to make you work for a prize! Just kidding Tracy.

Sassy, beautiful daylily! and I'm not for sure about what you mean about swaps? But I will e-mail you. I'm thinking you are meaning who is doing the swaps?

Vic, here is one of the pictures I sent you
ONE OF MY HOSTA/WEED PATCHES
Crowded Hosta Bed 2

The hosta are not as weed free as Tracy's hosta beds are.

Yes, the spotted plant I believe you are talking about is Sissinghurst White lungwort, and it blooms a very vivid white. I will send you a start of it when I send your box. I've also sent you an e-mail. The other is bishop's weed and believe me you don't want any of it! I've tried for several years to eradicate it and it still comes on strong.

Lisa, I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad you got your iris.

Tracy, thanks for a piece of the Georgia Peach, and I hope to work on your box this coming week also.

Karen, your box is the first that will be dug, so no worries. :O) :O) and I will remember to put in hosta Wolverine in there.

Fran, I love all the hosta, but have to admit I don't have many of the newer ones. Mine are looking a bit ratty due to the storms we had and then I've got some small holes in them from some little creature that has been nibbling. Other than the holes none seem to appear to have any virus.( crossing my fingers)From what I've been reading, I guess it can pop up at any time, even years after you have had your plants.

Sorry If I don't address each of you I need to unload my car, and I will be back later. I'm so glad to be home and I will be on each day until next Friday when my long stretch starts in again.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
swaps

Here is the list of swaps, I think this is correct, and if not please correct me!

JAN: SUSIE
FEB: CONNIESC
MAR: FRAN
APRIL: THERESA
MAY: ANNIE
JUNE: LISA
JULY:SHIRLEY
AUG: SUSIE
SEPT: GALIUM
OCT: SASSYBUTTERFLY
NOV: MARGARET_2007
DEC: NCGARDENGIRL

o

Hello everybody!

Hello Sweet Annie, welcome back!
I think that bed is pretty! Very FULL, not weedy looking to me. I guess all I see are the pretty plants LOL. Vic is right the lungwort is pretty. I have been eyeing it in the books too.
I am gonna have to go look up bishop's weed I know what it is I just can't THINK of it right now lol. I just came in from watering my hosta bed and some potted stuff, I couldn't do it all because it was so hot I started feeling funny. Thought it was time to come in an cool off. Some of my meds say stay out of the sun, I wonder if THIS is why LOL.
I don't have any of the newer hosta either, can't afford the pricier ones. I am happy with what I do have though! So I won't complain one bit!

Well, I thought I would pop in here and see who had posted hehe. I need to go fix supper yeah always FUN....or maybe I will wait just a bit, who knows?

Talk to you all later have a GREAT EVENING,

o

hello ladies,

THE GAME IS ON FOR 8pm.

I hope you can all come back and play. The prize will be a full sized plant. I'll chose the plant based upon the winners wants list.

o

Welcome home Annie. I'm glad to see you back safe and sound. I just saw the Sissinghurst White when I was play shopping at Bluestone Perennials site the other night. Until then I didn't know there even was a white blooming one. The pictures they had were pretty tempting!

My bed is definitely not weed free. Especially now, after all this rain. I haven't been able to get close to that bed without needing some waders on. LOL! Well, between the wet and the mosquito problem emanating from the neighbor's stagnant pond. Blech! Everytime I venture over there I get chased out by the buggers.

Your picture is beautiful. I love how full your bed is. That water pump is the perfect touch in that ocean of hosta and friends. I'm coming over to hang out in your yard.

o

i spy game picture

there are 20 items in here but 1 is reaaaalllly hard, find 19 and I buy you a plant for a prize.

Happy hunting!

o
correction

I should have said the first person to find nineteen items wins the prize.

o

Sat, Jun 20, 09 at 20:19

Wow, Lisa! This one is HARD! I looked and looked but I've only seen 14 items and 3-4 of those I can see but have no idea what they are! I think I'll play the game like some people :) did yesterday. I'll wait! LOL

o
Pat

yes Pat, some are really easy and some are hard

o

Alright, I'm nowhere near nineteen but here goes:

Pedi Toe Spreader
Pop Can
Magnifying Glass
Pear
Key
Bell under pedi thing on leaf
Blue Car below Pear
Eyeglass Case
Red Marker
Square tag hanging on branch
Blue Fat Crayon
Blue Fan?
Bakugan

o
try again

Tracy, you crack me up!!!

I dont see half of what you see

o
not in photo

bakugan
marker
bell
can
crayon
fan
car

o
See, Tracy, it's not so easy...

Sat, Jun 20, 09 at 20:32

Lisa and Tracy - I'm relieved to see Lisa's response 'cause I don't see 1/2 of what Tracy sees either!! I sure can't make out any car, red marker, pop cans or crayon! LOL! I thought all those cobalt blue things were glass rocks like you put in the bottom of a vase!

o
spotted

Tracy, you have so far

key
toe
magnifier
pear
eyeglass case
tag

o
little ones

Pat,

Tracy has little ones, she sees toys!

o
come Ladies

Tracy and Pat, did I scare you away?

o
Bakugan???

Sat, Jun 20, 09 at 20:39

Well, here's what I see; though I'm no closer to figuring out what many of the items are...

Eyeglass case
Magnifying glass
Pear
Cigarette lighter
Key
?Golf Ball?
Something kind of like an ornament hanger to right of red flower, near asphalt
Pedicure foam on hosta
Grocery bag? behind hosta
A white-ish item behind the heuchera looks like a miniature church or house?
Something cobalt blue above glasses case, under hosta leaf rock? Marble?
Yellow tag on plant to right of pic
Another cobalt rock/marble above and left of key
Something yellow behind liriope, to right of key
Something dark green/teal to right of liriope, just below pear
Something on hosta leaf, just at the base of the tree trunk looks like a stick of gum
Something shiny at bottom of hosta with pedicure foam

Now we can laugh at my imagination!

o
What I meant to say was

Sat, Jun 20, 09 at 20:41

Tag on plant with yellow flower to right of pic.

o
things not in photo

lighter
golf ball
grocery bag
church or house
rock or marble
gum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here