Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

NEW: 'Crafter's Paradise Robin'

Debra Andruska
17 years ago

I would LOVE to host a Crafter's Paradise Robin!

I'm making the 'rules/info' up as we go. ;)

If I forget anything please let me know. This is your robin too, I want it to work out for everyone (and of course everyone to be happy)! The end result will be a priority (flat rate--$8.10) box FILLED with craft items sent to you--a mix from all our garden web members! Sound fun? :)

We need 10-15 participants to make this robin worthwhile.

More people = more items in the box!

You'll have from NOW until July 16th to complete your crafts. And on July 17th, mail a priority box filled with whatever you make- I'll email you my address. You must be able to make and send at least ONE item PER PERSON that entered the swap. Also, it DOES NOT have to be exactly the same item. You can mix/match whatever you craft.

I hope I'm not confusing anyone, LOL!

I'll give you an example-- if 10 people join, you MUST send 10 handmade craft items. This could be a mix of handmade items, 5 earrings, 3 candles, 2 stained glass suncatchers. Or just 10 of one item. This is only the example if 10 join. If 15 join *which is the LIMIT* then 15 items will need to be sent, again either all the same handcrafted item, or a mix of WHATEVER you decide to include. I'm sure that whatever you craft (and would like to receive) will be wonderful to add to the box!

Also, please feel free to send more craft items if you wish. Everyone will just get more back--bigger box, makes the swap even more successful!

I would like to limit the swap to a total of 15. Is that ok with everyone? We all want to make the most of our postage money!

So, to sum it up... Start working on your craft items now.

On July 17th mail your crafts to me-- I'll distribute all the crafts to everyone with in one week, and post the delivery confirmation numbers here. I'll pay for the delivery confirmation numbers. I'll wrap everything up (I'll supply the tissue paper, or re-use whatever you sent your crafts in).

You must include with your craft box $8.10 in a check, money order or concealed cash (OR STAMPS)--for return postage.

I possibly might reuse your flat rate box- but if you don't send your crafts in one, I'll pick them up from the post office myself.

So what do you think? Does it sound neat?!

I know I would love to receive a box filled with crafty items that I didn't make. It's like going to a craft show without actually going.

Remember any crafts are fine~ a mix is fine. Examples are--Soy candles, poured/pillars/votives- regular candles, ceramics, small porcelain dolls, porcelain doll pins, purses (sewn), macrame plant hangers, any macrame- wreaths, handpoured soaps, bath salt mixes, stained glass suncatcher/stained glass items, earrings, necklaces,

painted Birdhouse gourds, ANY tastefully done crafty items are wanted!

Think of this as a 'Christmas in July' surprise craft show in a box, LOL!

I'm very trustworthy...so don't hesitate to send in your crafts/return postage. I've hosted a swap before (Bunny Swap). And hopefully, have a few references!

Together we can make this realllllyyyy fun! :)

ALL CRAFT ITEMS MUST BE SENT TO ME ON JULY 17TH (MONDAY) so the items will arrive (to Me) with in two or three days/four possibly if priority runs slowly-- and can be re-distributed and mailed the following Monday/Tues. I'll distribute all craft items on the weekend. Monday 24, Tuesday 25th mailing dates for the packages to go out to you.

Please don't sign up if you can't commit to at least 10-15 items. Or if you don't intend to send your package on time. Everyone is counting on all the packages arriving, so I can sort all of the craft items (in one weekend) and prepare/ship them back to you!

Now, the fun begins... Signups!

I'm in! ;)

Comments (13)

• skohler
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Deb
    I would love to join but to send flat rate & for a return
    flat rate I just can't do it the month of July :((

If we was to send Just 1 craft box to someone .
    PLEASE SIGN ME UP :)))

Enjoy everyone .
    susie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Susie,
    I wasn't quite sure if this would do well. So, I'm sort of experimenting still. ;)
    At first I thought a round robin box might work- then realized that I would have to make a TON of stuff to start it off myself. I love making crafts, wasn't sure if I could create enough of a selection to please the first few who received the box. So, then decided to try this... this swap would be great for those who only make a few crafts and could spare some duplicates. Then in exchange-get totally new things in return.

If this doesn't work- I'll gladly host a CRAFT BOX SWAP!
    Where only one craft box will be sent to a partner. I'll give this another day or so before posting a new thread.

Deb

• silverwind
    17 years ago

I'd like to give this one a shot - if it makes it. :)

-Beth

• firegurl
    17 years ago

Hi Deb,

I would love to join, this sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't ever been in a round robin before, can anyone join this or do I need a reference? I am having so much fun trading, am sure I could give one if you need it. Please let me know.

Thanks!
    :) Danielle
    Firegurl

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Danielle,
    Anyone can join. ;)
    No references needed...

Hopefully, more will join. We need at least 10 for it to be worthwhile.

If we don't get ten, I'll drop this robin, and go for the Crafter's Swap box robin (and start a new sign up thread).
    That robin would be a craft box sent to a partner.

Thanks for your interest in the Crafter's Paradise Robin!

Deb

• firegurl
    17 years ago

Thanks Deb!

I hope more people sign up too. This could be really fun. I already have some great ideas. Let's give this one a bump.

:) Firegurl

• wynative
    17 years ago

Debbya - I would like to join. The Bunny Swap, was fun you are a great host!

If this one doesn't make it, also count me in for the partner swap.

Thanks,
    Marie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Giving this a little bump!

• sumnerfan
    17 years ago

I would be interested.

Kim

• romando
    17 years ago

I'm interested, but am now confused as to what officially the craft swap is... (silly me...)
    Anyway, count me in!
    Amanda 'romando'

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Amanda,
    I'll give a brief explanation of the robin.
    This thread is for the *Crafter's Paradise Robin*
    We need at least 10 people to join to make this worthwhile-(so far we have 6). Hopefully 4 more will sign up with in the next few days. The limit is 15.
    Once we get at least 10...Start your crafts. I'll let you know exactly how many items to make, the number of items will equal the number of people in the robin.
    Remember it won't exceed 15 items. Send the handmade items to me- along with $8.10 (in a check/cash/stamps/money order), and please carefully wrap any delicate crafts. Once all the boxes arrive, I'll distribute all the crafts equally, and mail them back to everyone by priority, flat rate. I'll pay the extra .50 for delivery confirmation. I forgot to mention, your crafts can be a variety, identical items can be sent in, but not a necessity.
    I really hope we get more to sign up!

That's it!
    The OTHER robin we were talking about was the "Craft Box Swap" if this one fell through (due to not enough interest). I would start a totally different thread for that one (so I'm not confusing anyone). The craft box swap would be basically just that, swapping handmade crafts with a swap partner.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Giving this one more bump. Hopefully, a few more will join. If not... I'm forced to cancel it. We need at least 10 people. So, 10 handcrafted items would be in each box.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm so sorry to say...that this robin DIDN'T make it! It turned out to be a flop!
    Only 6 signed up (including me) and getting 6 items in return really wouldn't be worth the expensive priority postage, 15 items/people) would of been ideal.
    I'll try it again (maybe in the fall) hopefully, when everyone isn't so busy. ;)
    Summertime is such a busy time, Children home from school, and little time to even be creative and make crafts!

Anyways, thanks to those of you who did sign up! I'll gladly host a craft box exchange. Look for the NEW post and sign up there! That exchange is simple... send a craft box to a partner, get a craft box in return.

Thanks!