Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladyblues1965

UPDATE: birthday month exchange july: debbya

ladyblues1965
17 years ago

hey gals !

June is almost over So here is what deb posted for her birthday month

lets give her a nice birthday as I hope We gave Jan.

" My real birthday is December 17. Getting to celebrate my birthday during the summer for the first time is a real treat! I would never be able to receive any plants in December!

I'm still working on my moon garden, and would appreciate anything that I could add to it (plants, seeds, small statues, etc).

I also adore sunflowers, glass suncatchers, homemade soaps. Anything with a sunflower motiff is perfect. Candles (any scent), things for the garden, garden related items. I collect birdhouse items (any) especially crafted items by Marjolein Bastin (Hallmark).

I love feeding the birds, and basically just love anything that has to do with nature!

I also collect african violets, hoyas- (would love a piece of a 'crinkle' hoya, rope hoya (regular or variegated, or any unusual hoya, I already have Publicalyx, Silver pink, Phillipine black.

I would love a few indoor ferns (don't have any), regular, rabbit's foot fern, or a division of an outdoor fern, that can tolerate cold temperatures.

More indoor plants that I'm looking for are- a chunk of monstera, variegated monstera cutting/small plant. Variegated plants are my favorite, and am always wanting to try something new!

I also appreciate vegetable/herb seeds. I have a huge garden that I'm constantly still trying to complete! Herbs grow really fast anyways! ;) I love Heirloom seeds too.

I'm sooo excited to be the July birthday person!

I'll be happy with ANYTHING, I love hand crafted items too! I make crafts occasionally, and know how much work goes into making something! "

Deb

Debbya

Comments (27)

• wynative
    17 years ago

Good morning Deb,

I mailed your Birthday box on Saturday ~ conformation #0305-0830-0004-0713-7335.

Hope it gets to you before the 4th and you have a great month.

Marie

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Marie,
    I received your package on Monday. Thank you soooo much!
    Marie sent a GORGEOUS purse/handbag! I just love it! Your sewing is absolute perfection! I'll get so much use from your purse, I promise!
    Also included in the box was an Orange Blossom candle, I could smell the candle the second I opened the box! I also love the scent of the soap-Sage and Citrus/Yankee candles.
    Plus, a decorated dragon fly for my moon garden! And a festive bird garden flag, and Teddy bear, Strawberry blonde Sunflower seeds!
    Marie, you really outdid yourself with this special box! Thanks for taking the time to make my Birthday month unforgettable!
    This is such fun! ;)

Hugs,
    Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I knew I would forget to mention something, LOL! Marie also sent a really neat groundcover, perfect for a little rock garden that I started in my moon garden! Bengal- Rock cress. I've never heard of it, but really like the way it looks! It's happily planted already and doing really well! Again...Marie, Thanks!

Deb

• wynative
    17 years ago

Deb,

I am so glad to hear that everything arrived & you are happy with them. I watered the plant before I sent it but didn't want it to sit for to long in this heat.

Enjoy your month,
    Marie

• snyder
    17 years ago

Deb, I mailed your package today. The conf.# is 0302 2940 0002 0654 4436. Ann

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello Deb;
    I mailed your package this morning Confirmation # 01038555749689982656. There is a large plant in the box that I did not label. It is a fern that I dug this morning. If you have a wet place for it, it will survive in your climate. They are native to my part of the world and green early with large tan shoots. I have so many of them that I overlook how stunning they are. I hope you enjoy your July "birthday". diene

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Deb,
    I mailed your package out today. Del conf 03052200000131544453.It should be there Monday or so.

Karen

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Some of my posts are missing! I know garden web has been having problems, so that must be why.

Ann's box, and Diene's arrived the same day, was that fun going through 2 really fabulous boxes! Having my birthday in July is really special! Thanks so much for making it memorable!

Diene sent a fern, I've wanted an outdoor fern for several years! I have it nestled in a permanent home, under a river birch in my front yard. Diene said to place it in a wet place, and I know my river birch loves tons of water!
    Diene also sent some neat handcream, eye cream, I can't wait to try it! I'm really picky about what I use (for my face/eye area), but the product sounds really interesting! Also, scrapbook supplies, seashells, sunflower garden flag, tulip soap. Thanks sooo much Diene!

Ann sent so many items, I hope I can remember most of them- really large bag of M&M's (peanut, my favorite), cute metal bug tealite holder, citronella tealights, gardening magazine/craft magazines, seeds, cute plant stake, 2 (large/small) sunflower starter sets, cute bee picture frame. Thanks sooo much Ann!

I hope I haven't left anything out! With my original post I wrote everything down, and then tossed the paper and distributed the items throughtout the house. I never imagined my post would be deleted!

I'm really excited to be the July birthday person!
    This is so much fun!

Hugs,
    Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Karen's box arrived today!
    Karen sent a cute metal/glass votive holder with a votive candle, 2-year planner, Moonflower & Chocolate morning glory seeds, garden magazine, softcover book- 1,001 gardening secrets. Thanks so much Karen!

Deb

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Deb, there should also be a garden plaque. I put in inside a sack so it wouldn't get chipped. If you haven't seen it already you might check all the package stuffing
    Karen

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Karen also sent a "Welcome to my Garden" sign.

Thanks, Karen!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Ann,
    The sunflower kits that you sent have babies popping up throught the soil! How neat! ;)

Marie,
    I really love your purse! I've been using it, and everyone is always asking where I purchased it!

Diene,
    The fern is thriving! And growing new shoots! I'm so glad it's doing well, it's been a little hot here lately (99*)! I also received your Birthday card. Thanks so much!

Karen,
    The garden plaque looks so cute by my rose garden!

Again Ladies, Tthanks sooo much! You really made my birthday special!

Deb

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello Deb;
    As long as your fern has moisture, it should handle the heat( I think). The one thing you do not have to worry about is it surviving in the winter as I do not think your cold is any worse than our cold. They are pretty in the spring and one of the first green things and they do grow fast. Enjoy. Happy July Birthday. diene

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Deb, I hope you are having a wonderful month. I wanted to let you know I am still working on your box but will get it out to you soon. Happy Birthday! Amy

• wynative
    17 years ago

Deb, :) glad you are enjoying your new purse. Sounds like you are having a great month!

Wow, sounds like it is HOT everywhere! Today is the first day since Thursday of last week that it is to be below 100 here. The worst day was Sunday - a whoppin' 112! Now, thats HOT...

Don't know for sure when to post this but...

I am the Aug. birthday person and am soooo excited about it! Jan's and Deb's lists helped so much that I thought I would do the same.

I love bulbs! Iris, tulips, crocus, BIG, little, run of the mill, unusual ~ you name it, I love them. I have an Iris garden that is mostly purple, so any other color would be great. I am preparing a tulip garden for my daughter as they are her favorites and am still working on her Secret/Fairy garden. I have 1.5 acres that I am planting sun loving lilies in, it is a work in progress. I have quite a few orange ditch lily's in bloom right now and they are gorgeous! Along the drive side of the lilies I have saved about a 2 foot strip to plant De Ora's (yellow and purple), white, grape and feather hyacinth in.

I am crazy about annuals. I mix zinnia's, daisy's, marigold's, Petula's and any other seeds I have all together in a bag. Then toss them in all my perennial beds. It fills in the open spaces, easy to care for and pretty all summer long.

I enjoy tucking little garden critters everywhere - turtles, frogs, birds, stepping stone & bobbin' heads are just a few. Oh, I also have a little rattle snake that wears a base ball cap - his name is Pedro & he is adorable! ANY hand crafted items, veggy seeds & double Holly Hocks are a plus :) The Hoppers are VICIOUS this year! My poor H.H. are being eatin' down to the stocks! I am using home made tobacco spray but they think it's a condiment....

My wish/dream list:

Miracle grow/fertilizer's
    Hopper killing powders or sprays!
    Columbines
    Poppies
    Hibiscus
    Monstera
    flowering trees for zone 4/5
    Yellow Peony ~ I have a 30' row of Peonies in all different color's but no yellow....
    Someone to help weed, mow, trim, finish concrete, lay rock, plant posts & wire work on the secret garden/outdoor grape room. It is just soooo hot that I am having trouble getting up the energy to do it...

Just want to share my latest excitement:

I have 4 moon flowers bordering the north side of my lawn that are in bloom. This morning the scent was HEAVENLY.... My Rosary Vine is also blooming - very neat! My veggy garden is producing ~ tomatoes, pepper's, cucumber's, Kalahari and bushel's of squash. In another week my daughter and I will be in canning heaven :) There are 4 baby watermelon (only one plant this year made it) and to many cantaloupe to count.

I will be thrilled with anything. I feel blessed that I can be a part of this group exchange.

Cooler temps and rain dances, going out to all :)
    Marie

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Amy,
    Thanks for letting me know!

Marie,
    I really like the idea of a 'wish' list each month. It gives us a chance to get to know each other a little better. Plus, prepare a box a little easier! I already started your August box!

This really was so much fun, I really enjoyed having my birthday party in July!

Deb

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Deb,
    Your package went out today! Del conf# 03052200000134028653
    Hope you enjoy! Amy

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Thanks Amy, I'll let you know when it arrives!

Deb

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

Deb,
    I also sent your package yesterday.
    Sorry I am such a slowpoke this month.
    The DC # is 03050830000219446175

Bonnie

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

Marie,
    I am a bit early for August..but I sent your package out in yesterday's mail as well.
    The DC#is 03050830000219446168.
    It should get there tomorrow.....
    Enjoy..
    Bonnie

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

2 boxes arrived today, Amy's and Bonnie's.

Amy sent a votive candle, some seeds, Sea Holly, decorative birdhouse.

Bonnie sent 4 photo frames, glass ladybug (suncatcher), seeds, decorative birdhouse.

Thanks so much!

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    We seem to keep losing our leader. Has anyone heard from our Kelley? Deb, I hope you had a wonderful month as I did the month before. Summer birthdays are fun. Anyway, it is Marie's turn and she has listed her wishes. If anyone does not have her address, I can send the list again. Those of us who have already have the fun need to make sure the remaining people enjoy as much as we did. Happy August to all. diene

• wynative
    17 years ago

Deb, I know this one belongs to you but I recieved my box from Bonnie last week and can't wait any longer to post about the wonderful stuff she sent :)

Bonnie sent COLUMBINE's! Purple with cream center's and seeds to match :) They are snuggled into their new bed and doing well. She sent Moon flower seeds and others but as I don't have them with me I can't remember. I also recieved 3 Glad bulbs, a datebook and a tea cup with bunnies on it.

The card she sent has purple Iris on it that look just like the ones in my yard.

Thank you so much Bonnie!

I hope you had a wonderful "Birthday~in~July" Deb!
    Marie

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

Marie.
    You are certainly welcome ... I'm glad the Columbines got to you ok. If you sprinkle the extra seeds I sent, you should have alot of babies next year.These plants came from the western side of my house...mostly shade in the morning and sun in the late afternoon.They are hardy most anywhere, so good luck with your new plants. They are gorgeous when in bloom.

Deb, I do hope your birthday month was fun for you.

Bonnie

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

My birthday month was fun! Thanks so much Ladies, each of you, made it special!

Has anyone heard from Plantladyjan? Or Kelley? I hope both are Ok.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Hi,
    Has anyone heard from the October Birthday person...Ellie?
    Just wondering..

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Giving this a little bump...

Deb