Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
appaloosa909

Update: July Birthday Buddies

appaloosa909
13 years ago

Happy Birthday to OUR July/December Buddies!!

Here are our Buddies for July/December ....

July Buddies please post a WISH LIST and a " little about me "

December 2nd

w9yards

December 13

chitownladyd

December 18

Margarita10

July 18

cherone7

December 30

CATRIONAA

Comments (16)

• appaloosa909
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey Birthday Buddies!!!

Please take me off the list in September.... I've been a bad buddy. I did really well sending in the beginning of the year, but the last couple of months have been crazy and time got away from me.

Happy birthday to the July/December Crew!

Andrea

• margarita10
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday Garden Friends

Here is a little about me:

I live in Georgia but I'm a native New Yorker, divorced(a long, long time ago in another galaxy)with three grown children and seven grandchildren.

My favorite activities are: gardening, salsa dancing. This summer will be very special as I will be hosting all seven of my grands for about a month and will try to instill the love of gardening in them. The ages range are from 14 to 4 but they all have a partner or two in their age group which will make it fun.

Here is my wish list:

1) Moon Vine
    2) Morning Glory
    3) Rudbeckia-the new red Please if possible
    4) Himalayan "Blue" Poppy
    5) Coneflower "Magnus"
    6) Shasta Daisy "Crazy Daisy"
    7) English Daisy "Habanera Red Tips"
    8) Hosta
    9) Gunnera Manicata

1. Salvia
    2. Any blue flower
    3. Lettuce
    4. Spinach
    5. Ballon Flower-White & Pink
    6. Heirloom Tomato Seeds
    7. Any vegetable

Thanks,

Margarita10

• flwrs4ever
    13 years ago

Andrea...Life gets away from us all..that is why I said we had to send to less months then there was.. Im not removin ur name, unless u tell me u dont want to participate the rest of the year.

OK, here is an idea...Join in if you would like, this is just for fun ! Since we are doing " Christmas in July" Or really Dec Bdays in July :)

Pick one buddy..could even be someone you missed sending to, or just someone to brighten their month..and send a card and a pack of your favorite seed .

I am sorry that Ive been quiet..cant explain how busy the past 12 weeks or so have been. Im happy to say my daughter is now a college student and will be 18 on July 4. My son will be 16 in a few weeks :)

How is ur garden ? Would anyone be willing to post a photo ? Mine is terrible neglected this season !! I hope to be able to get some things done once this heat goes away :)

Wishing you all a great WEEK !!

Happy 4th of July !!!

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Happy Day to the July and December birthday buddies!

Kym, nice idea about sending a card and seeds to a buddy "just because".....

Happy 4th of July to all...be well and be safe!!!!

Annie

• Kathy Bull
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday July & December buddies!

I live in beautiful San Antonio Tx, although this week it has been soggy SA due to Hurricane Alex! My garden beds have finally been rejuvenated from the harsh drought last year, but there's always room for more plants! Besides gardening, I enjoy scrapbooking, sewing, baking, quilting, embroidery, and crafting garden whimsey items.
    My wish list is simple, anything that will grow in the South Texas heat! Perennials of any kind, hyacinth beans, okra, herbs, passion vine or something unusual perhaps, or flowers in blue, purple or red/pink hues.

Thanks!
    Catrionaa

• w9yards
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday to everyone celebrating this month!
    My husband and I were able to retire at a relatively young age, so we are having so much fun! My last of three children just finished college and they all live far away, no grandkids yet! We love to travel, hike, fish, kayak, mountain bike, snorkel, anything active and outdoors. We have almost two acres so we garden a lot. We have chickens, a fruit orchard and a large garden. I try to grow most of our food, and share with several other families. I love to cook, bake, sew, make crafts like soap and candles, basically anything like farm life. My wish list for my birthday is any edible item, love herbs of any kind, anything unusual or quirky. We have lots of open space to fill, we planted 50 gourd plants this year for my husband to paint, so weird gourds would be fun. I live in Southern California and never freeze where we are but we do get heat, so any flowers that would grow would be great. I am really looking forward to this fun month of surprises.

Thank you so much!

Diana

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Want to wish Happy Birthday to all the July bd's!! And Andrea, don't feel alone! I have missed several months myself and want to apologize and wish Happy Birthday to all those that I missed!
    First, tons of overtime at work, and then tons of dr. appts. Still trying to figure out what is wrong, so I can feel better.
    But, I plan on going back and sending thinking of you and happy day cards to all that I missed! This is one of my fav swaps and I do sincerely apologize if you sent and didn't get from me! I promise you will and maybe it will be a day that you needed a great pick me up!
    So have a great Birthday to all our July and December BD gals! And belated to the ones before now. I haven't forgotten you all, just slow in getting to you!!
    Happy Fourth also to all! May it be a wonderful one and safe one!
    Hugs to all, Melinda

• hdiperna
    13 years ago

Hi all
    I have been MIA for the last 3 months. I can't believe that it is July. I still write April when I am not thinking about it. I have May and June birthday cards that will go out today. I am sorry that they are late. Here in PA everything is brown and crunchy. I do try to water the garden every other day. Last year we only had 2 days over 100 and this year they predict 14. I hope we get rain soon!!
    Heidi

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

I am WAAAAYYYY behind, life just got in the way...

I have three cards packed and ready to go, could someone send me the April b-day addies and the July addies...

Thank you!!

Lisa

• smitties
    13 years ago

Happy birthday to all the July buddies. I am going away for a vacation so promise to catch up with everyone when I get back. Have fun. Margo

• appaloosa909
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Where is everyone???

Hope the July/December Birthdays are going great!

Andrea

• flwrs4ever
    13 years ago

Hi everyone !! Was coming on to visit and say I will be away for two weeks, when my dad walked in with a bubble envie ! I havent seen one in a long time..and it sure was a TREAT !!

Much thanks goes to canyonwind for my "Hilarious" card..and great selection of seeds ! She sent two types of Brugmansia seeds, which is my fav plant this year !! and pearly gates MG , cant wait to grow these !Sun smile MG, which I have to go and look up...Annie thanks very much !!!

I am going to be gone from Aug 2-15, headed to PA to see family and old friends. I have a good friend since 4th grade, and she is actually going to meet me there for 3 days :D She hasnt been back, since she moved away..so I have planned a "get together" with old classmates.

PLEASE know this is always a great group of gardeners..and mailing late is okay too, it is fun to share with our buddies all year long !

Anyone with photos of their garden ? With this high heat I havent gotten out to mine too much this season..

Also I have been wanting to ask..are you on Facebook ?

• w9yards
    13 years ago

I just got back from a great vacation in Sonoma. My daughter completed her first half ironman which was a blast to watch. I had a couple of great cards waiting for me. Thanks to Jeanne, sandlapper_nose for cosmos and daisies with a nice card. I have the perfect spot for these.I also received a funny card from Annie , canyonwind with corsican gourds, turnip, rhubarb, and lima bean. I haven't grown that type of gourd before so I am excited to try it. The fun thing is I can plant some of these seeds today! We live in a mild climate area of Southern California where it rarely freezes. I have so much food from the garden to process this week! I am working on juicing oranges, grapefruit,peach pies,applesauce,swiss chard, cabbage, broccoli, beans, lots of squash, melon, braiding hundreds of garlic, leeks, cucumbers,tomatoes, potatoes,herbs, and I probably have a lot more I need to harvest! It is funny how the garden seems to go into overdrive while you are on vacation. I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!
    Diana
    w9yards

• margarita10
    13 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am way behind in giving my thanks to some great garden buddies:

canyonwind: Pearly Gates MG, Climbing Spinach, Aunt Ruby's Green Tomato, Arugula.

ishareflowers: Crazy Daisy, Pink Ballon Flower, Ballon Flower Hakone.

I can't wait to Winter Sow some of these seeds. Thank you very much for the great seeds.

Margarita10

• margarita10
    13 years ago

Hello Garden Friends,

I received one more birthday wish from smitties:

Tomato San Marzano-looking forward to this next year
    Califlower Violet Sicilian
    Blanket Flower
    Shasta Daisy "Crazy Daisy"

Margo thank you very much

Margarita10

• Kathy Bull
    13 years ago

I'm sorry I'm so late in thanking the three lovely ladies who sent me birthday wishes! It has been a busy hot summer here in South Texas. My kiddos have kept me running between summer programs, driver's ed, band camp and volunteer work. On a sad note, my 99 year old grandmama passed away, too. I'll always remember her for her love of all bulbs, especially day lilies and her fantastic green thumb. Love you always, Grandmama...

Now for the birthday wishes!

Margo sent me a beautiful card with tulips on the front and an update on her garden. Looks like Texas and Ohio have one thing in common this summer for sure -- it's HOT! She sent me packets of seeds - blanket flowers, coneflowers (Sunset), Parcel(celery flavored parsley - can't wait to taste that!) and Shasta Crazy Daizys! Thank you so much, Margo!

Margarita10 Sent me a lovely card with a cute teddy bear holding a bouquet. Inside I found a packet of yellow cosmos! Thank you, Margarita10!

Canyonwind sent me a card asking me "what do you want to be IF you grow up? LOL - now that's the $10K question! She also sent parsley, borage, Dames Rocket and Southern Bell Hibiscus mix. yay! Thank you, Canyonwind!