(beth b kodiak)Beth-- 4 Unnamed (skohler)Susie4 Unnamed

(amybabyboy3)Amy--2-Unnamed (squanzon)Sue --2 Unnamed

(theresa24)Theresa--2-Named (plantladyjan)Jan--2-Named

(hummingbirddaisy)Tina--2 named(remy)Remy--2-Named

(veeja11)Carol--4-Named (grannymarsh)Marsha--4 Named

(uptreasa)Treasa--4 Named (juspeachy)Jo--4 Named

(earthlydelights)Maryanne--4 Named (mellen)Mary Ellen-- 4 Named

(pattygrow5)Patty--4- Unnamed (nyvoices99)Anita-4 Named

PLEASE REMEMBER NO DITCH LILIES ARE TO BE SENT, YOU CAN SEND ANYTHING YOUR LITTLE HEART DESIRERS, OTHER THAN WHAT YOU ARE LISTED FOR, BUT INCLUDE WHAT YOU ARE LISTED FOR:)

Ship Date, By June 16th,

For the new ones, Not sure if you know about the hostess box??????? The person sponsoring each month is also supposed to receive a small hostess gift, Anything of your choice:)I sure do love DAYLILIES, just kidding, it can be anything you want it to be,

Lets have some great fun & please use your imagination on your partners box,

Patty, You better get some holes dug:)

:)Anita

Comments (131)

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Mellen privately, I think you should stay in our group, pubically HOW CAN YOU MISS MY SWAP?Don't need any depends, I just call you Earthly and Angel the depends sisters, Beth and I are in the group but not in need of depends yet. Remy may be close tho, so is Luna. hugs to all

• skohler
    17 years ago

Mellen NO Leaving the group to much red tape involved.

earthly Please eat Lobster for me also .

all about eve opened today

picture dosen't do it justice . but wanted to share :))

Hope to have the deck done this next week .
    well everyone have a great night .
    susie

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Uh Oh I just signed up this Month and I am already late on the first swap. Grannymarsh your box will go out Monday the 19th. I start selling daylilies this time of year and it got so busy. I have people in my yard when I get home from work. Hope you like what I'm sending.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

shirley, everyone is forgiving...we all do it at some point :)

sue, nice d/l. what' the one directly to the right of it, the tall green thing? i always pull them out!

mary ellen, the beauty of the group was to be able to sit out without question when needed.

carol, re-read what you said to mellen, don't go beyond the first line LOLOLOL. you crack me up!

too hot to be in this room, goodnight all
    maryanne

{{gwi:59694}}

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

Maryanne hush up up about sues weeds or she'll be out there pulling them out don't want her in the hospital again Sue all about eve is beautiful I don't have any daylilies that nice. Patty

• skohler
    17 years ago

Patty stick with us & soon you maybe be over loaded :))

Earthly you caught me loafing ,weeds are in the garden
    my daylilies seem to grow better with a weed or 2 around
    them :))

earthly when did you say you would be comming to
    michigan ????
    little wet out this morning so guess I will go have coffee with the gals .

have a great day all .

susie

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Can someone send me everyones address's. I don't have grannymarsh's address for this June box.

Earthly-Love your white asiatic lily.

Thanks,

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

patty LOL. i was hoping they were a weed. i would have shot myself if i had been pulling something worthwhile. and talk about weeds. i feel so ashamed, i'm inundated with them this year. i don't know why, all i seem to do is weed and every one i pull out, there's 5 more.

shirley, i have asiatics everywhere. some named, some not. all just gorgeous. next are the orientals. my daylilies are just starting. i'm dowloading pix now and will post some later. also, i sent a list with all the addresses.

sue, no definite plans yet. maybe closer to fall as it looks now. i will be certain to let you know though!

be well all, happy blooms
    maryanne

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Shirley being late is ok as long as you keep us informed and send eventually. I am not sure which dahlias I sent you but
    7 is smokey
    8 summers end
    9. passion

1. goodwill 90 I hope
      hope yours are one of these numbers
      it has been cool here and everything is growing slow except the weeds. Susie NO WEEDING!!No newbies for awhile whats up?
      Hugs to all
      dependless in seattle
      and wanna stay that way
  • beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Maryanne, did you gte a definate ID on your pink flower yet? I agree with Remy about it being a mallow. Saw one today called "Tree MAllow" same color and notched look on the edges with the squarish shape. Wish I had a pen to write down the scientific name but maybe you can just google Tree Mallow.
    Guess I better go pull out those tall things like Sue has. LOL,I was saving them on the off chance that they might be phlox.Oh well, I do have my first dahlia bloomimng. It is a real pale yellow. Not very exciting but goes well with my yellow, orange purple theme.
    Today it REALLY feels like summer is here.

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Those tall 'weeds' look like solidago/goldenrod. They look nice in arrangements later in the Summer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Might be ??

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies :))

Just a quick Note out of the players her on the list will you let me know if you have sent your boxes out
    & have recieved ??
    Also Have you sent a thank you to our Hostess
    ANITA Yet ??? she had done a nice job
    as you All Know She is unable to post
    any thank you's so she has ask me to do so for her as
    they come in , she will let me know .

I know there is a couple that are holding their boxes till after their trip 's this is fine .

Just let me know that you have sent the hostess gift
    if you will .
    thank you & have a great night all .

susie

beth b kodiak)Beth--
    (skohler)Susie4
    (amybabyboy3)Amy
    (squanzon)Sue
    (theresa24)Theresa
    (plantladyjan)Jan
    (hummingbirddaisy)Tina
    (remy)Remy
    (veeja11)Carol
    (grannymarsh)Marsha
    (earthlydelights)Maryanne
    (mellen)Mary Ellen
    (pattygrow5)Patty
    ( pattyp2257) (Patty)
    (brittneysgran)Shirley--

• mellen
    17 years ago

I sent Maryann's box out yesterday. Mellen

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Remys box went out this morning! Hostess gift going out tomorrow.

Hugs, Tina

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

I sent to both Anita & Jan last Friday. Have not received yet.
    Theresa

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi Susie,
    I sent out Anita's gift last Wednesday. I hope it got there.
    And just want to let you know that the Little Wine Cup that you sent me, in May's swap, has a bunch of buds on it! I planted it out in the bed I enlarged this spring that runs along my walk to the porch. I also have little baby tomatoes there too! I planted dwarf plants in with the flowers.
    Remy

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

remy, take some pictures. for that matter, everyone else, post some flower pix. something has to be blooming!

mary ellen, i think i'm safe if i mail you this saturday, that you would get monday? you'll be back by then, right? boy do i have something special in store for you!

• mellen
    17 years ago

Maryann, Yes, we will be back by Monday. I LOVE being with family, but now it's time to stay home for more than two days. Mellen

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

I sent Anitas over a week ago. Patty

• skohler
    17 years ago

Patty I'm sure she got it She just cannot post for awhile but I will email her to ask for sure ok .

Remy I Know you will enjoy the little wine cup's
    they are cute when they grow to a cluster :))

Had a few more lilies open today :))

this is SPACECOAST TINY PERFECTION /KINNEBREW COLLECTION

LOLLYPOP

SARATOGA SPRINGTIME

{{gwi:1274245}}

LORI GOLDSTON /KINNEBREW COLLECTION

Well fun sharing with you all time to close down for the night :))

have a great night .

susie

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am here to post for Anita,

She would like to thank everyone for all the hostess gifts she has recieved. This last week has been a mess. The names are mixed up, with the gifts she has recieved, you know who you are, and she thanks you from the bottom of her heart.

She also asks that I post, that i shared with her a wonderful yellow tropical hibiscus for her hostess gift.
    And 31 daylilies, but she cannot choose which 4 to use for the trade for this month.

thank you all
    Anita(Jo)

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

a little excessive there, hey jo? 31 daylilies were your hostess gift?

beth if you are listening ~~ this is one you sent me last year in sue's birthday swap, you said it was an unknown from michigan. my tag read's "beth's mystery" (i kind of like the name) and if i don't ID it, that's the name it will remain.

{{gwi:1277070}}
    every day something else perks! isn't God great?

happy blooms,
    maryanne

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Hi Maryanne,

No,
    if you re read the post it says that my hostess gift was a yellow tropical hibiscus.
    Have a great day,
    Jo

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Also,
    I don't believe it was excessive, when one has a true friend as wonderful as Anita.
    She deserved every single one.
    big hugs Garden buddy,
    love ya,
    Jo

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Susie love your Spacecoast TIny Perfection and also Lori Goldston. Both very nice.

Carol you sent me dahlia no. 10 so that means its goodwill90. Great, I will put the name with it.

Marsha hope you get your box soon, also have sent Anita's hostess gift. I sent her daylily Spacecoast White Out and Louisiana Iris Full Eclipse. Thanks Anita for a great June Swap. Miss your posts already.

Lily Garden Party

Lily Marco Polo

Marsha---A little bird told me that this is one iris in your June box.

Dime A Dance

Shirley

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Wellll, I'm guessing that little bird's name is 'Doing the Happy Dance". Looking forward to your box.

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    My pkg from Tina arrived today! She sent me 3 day lilies:
    Awesome Blossom
    Showgirl
    Indian Love Call
    And also 2 sedums, she must of peeked at my wants on my trade page: )
    And there was some nice breakfast tea too.
    Thank you Tina. You know I will love them all.
    Remy

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Carol--evidently you are hitting the sauce again and have me mixed up with someone that NEEDS depends!!!!!!!!!!!! Or you might just be getting feebleminded--at your age--who knows??!!I don't believe I was in on the 'depends' fiasco--tho I did get in on the shavers--I believe Mellen sent me one of those and I am still using it-thanks Mellen!!(us Iowa girls have to stick together)So save your depends for the elderly(hahahahahahaha)whomever they may be--I hope you don't get cases of them for your hostess gifts next month--
    How are your chickies??
    Jeanette

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hello everyone. stopping in to thank mary ellen for my box.
    the dogs loved the bones - so a big WOOF WOOF from grace and lucy :)

i received the following daylilies:
    hot town
    kiss me tender
    my honey child
    black cat

i googled each image and just love them all. not one did i have, and i thank you for that.

i also received an asiatic - coral reef - another gorgeous one that will go great out there with the others. they are my deep passion this year.

mary ellen, i appreciated the note/letter. and the card made me laugh!

i'm honored to add these plants to my garden, mary ellen. thank you my dear friend.

maryanne

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

shirley, just beautiful. love all of those

angel, yeah that's carol alright, hitting the sauce and not sharing! bad carol, bad.
    that depend thing started a few years back, i made a comment as a joke about myself and here we are still needing them (well, some of us! lol). yes, the hairy thing. i got a razor from carol too that i still use as well. i love it. but i wait for the razor heads to go on sale because they do get pricey!

here are some pix...hope you enjoy. the yellows are really starting to pop.
    BIG TIME HAPPY
    {{gwi:1277072}}

UNKNOWN YELLOW
    {{gwi:1277074}}

FAIRY TALE PINK (i tried to hide my weeds, but forget it!)
    {{gwi:59608}}

PANDORA'S BOX
    {{gwi:1277076}}

white pixie asiatics
    {{gwi:1277078}}

SALMON COLORED ASIATIC
    {{gwi:59609}}

everyday something new is in bloom. it's just wonderful.

be well all, happy blooms.
    maryanne

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Hi all ~

Remy, glad you received your package today. I didn't plan it this way, but today is my moms Heaven Date, and she loved lilies of all kinds, so it seems fitting that they arrived to you today :-)
    It'e been a very long year....I can't believe that it's been a full year since the last time I seen my mom. I miss her so much. I know shes with me today though. I think shes with me everyday. We have kept the kids occupied today so they haven't had a chance to realize the date. My daughter turns 14 on Sunday, and she has been wanting a cell phone, so today we gave her one for her birthday. She was so happy and excited. She goes in Monday for her drivers permit! This is a real exciting time in her life. So, all in all, with her being so happy today, it turned out to be a pretty good day. She was grandmas baby girl. Shes (all of my babies) growing up so fast. It's bitter sweet :-)

Mary Ellen ~ I sat the tropical hibiscus that you gave me last year in memory of my mom out in the front yard today. I sat it beside the lemon tree she started by seed, and the tree we bought in memory of my dad. I think it looks pretty nice. Thank you.

I really enjoyed the swap this month. Thanks for having me!

Hugs to all ~
    Tina

• skohler
    17 years ago

great pictures ladies Just love seeing them :))
    & you have to get the picture the same day or you miss your chance . wish they stayed open longer.

remy we need to see a before picture of your gardens :))
    I bet by this time next year your garden will be over flowed with great plants from your bloomin friends :)))
    looks as if everyone has recieved a box for this month except for thresa24 right ????

please let me know if you have not gotten a box by may 30 th or before. :

well have a great night all time for a movie :)))

thank you britneygram: your plants a very pretty .also :)) we will have to do a trade soon :))

susie

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

wow tina, a year already? although all the days are tough, i think the first anniversary is the worst. you relive it minute by minute. i said a prayer for you and your family, i will again before bed. i sure hope while you were trying to occupy the kids, someone was taking care of you as well. so, 14 is a driving age in your state? that's young. i know it's a different day and age, but i always wonder if my parents would have caved to the cell phone thing and i don't believe they would have. although, my father was a real phone nut. he died right around the time cordless were booming. he called me one time from around the corner from the house just to see how far he could get reception. darn, i miss him. once he gave my mom so much flack for this 2 hour call to michigan and at the time the only person we could figure that lived there was my dad's friend dave...so he hollared at her for naught!

i have a funny story, well, funny to me. i was on my way to see my niece at her job. she works for rita's water ice (do ya all have them - know what it is?) anyway, on my way to the car, i stopped and smelled the flowers. when i got there, the line as usual was long and as i waited and got closer, i realized when it was to be my turn, it wouldn't have been my niece, so i told the guy that was in line (a real cutie pie too) to go ahead, because i was waiting and why. we chatted for a while until it was our respective turns. as i get up to the window, my niece looks at me funny and says "don't you wash your face"? here, pollen was all over LOL i turn to the guy and say buddy, we talked that whole time and you never said a word. he told me he thought that was the look i was going for, and didn't want to offend me! too funny. at least i think it was.

hmmm, i could have sworn i resized those pictures. sorry for those that it took forever to load.

can you believe it's the 22nd of june already? where does the time go?

my job ends tomorrow. i couldn't be happier. broke, but happy. so maureen, make sure my christmas in july man is employed :)

prayers for flooded texans and ohioians (is that what they call them?)

happy blooms,
    maryanne

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Shirley-you sweet thing. Your box darned near left me speechless. (I was talking bad to the mosquitoes and black flies when the mail lady drove up). Every plant that you sent was outstanding and new to me. Such fun to google for the images- oohs and ahs !! DD's can't wait for them to grow, my daughters love to "shop" in my gardens.
    Shirley sent me a nice note and this is what she sent:
    Daylilies:
    All American Eagle
    Among My Souvenirs
    Amy Mitchell
    Bubbly
    Chicago Arnie's Choice
    Matt
    Moonlit Masquerade
    Seminole Wind

Iris:
    Dime a Dance
    Red Zinger
    Syncopation
    Villain

Not only did you get me an Amy, you also gave me a Matt.

They lovelies are all planted in their new homes. DH asked me not to add any more new flower beds this year, as I am struggling with the cast on my arm. Well, I haven't added any NEW ones, but he did catch me making some of them one foot wider all around. I just gave him my best "sweet young thing" smile. Thank heavens it still works on him--ain't love grand? !
    Thank for your generous heart. You're top of the line in my book.
    Marsha

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I really do need to take pictures and post. I just love all the photos.
    Maryanne,
    Is Rita's Water Ice like an Italian Ice stand?
    Tina,
    Sorry to hear about your mother. My mother died over 20 years ago now from Breast Cancer. She was only 38. It is still sad sometimes. My mother's favorite were roses and mine are too. We didn't get along all that well, but in the garden we did. Not sure why, but working in the garden seems to make people nicer: )
    Remy

• skohler
    17 years ago

Has Everyone recieved their JUNE BOXES ????
    Please let me know .

susie

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I have sent and received sent out hostess gift last Thursday

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

No, I have not received.
    Theresa

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

remy, yes indeed. rita's is italian ice.

a few more blooms to share.
    SMOKEY LAVENDER
    {{gwi:1277081}}

GRACE and GRANDEUR
    {{gwi:1277084}}
    SUNDAY SILENCE
    {{gwi:1277086}}
    LEONARD BERNSTEIN
    {{gwi:1277088}}

another rainy day...easier to weed

be well all, happy blooms
    maryanne

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

Maryanne where did you get the gardening boots? Nice pics. Patty

• skohler
    17 years ago

Love the Garden boots Maryanne
    Don't loose them I hear there are FLOOD Waters up your
    way :(( Hope you Won't have to trade them for a
    canoe .

Getting My door put in today hope its in before the rain :)) have a great day all back later .

susie

P.S Love the plants also :))

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hey all. LOL my boots. they were a christmas gift. i have a couple different pair. one i try to keep just for rain, the other two i use for gardening. they are great too.

yes indeed sue, rain and floods and rain and floods. tonight is supposed to be the worst with the rivers rising and all that fun stuff. it was hot and sunny all day and the warning alerts are non-stop. a lot of places have called for mandatory evacuations.

hope it lets up though, i have a mini vacation planned for the holiday.

maryanne

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Maryanne I have a picture in my mind of you tromping around in the garden boots, do you wear them when you do your naked rain dance?you are gonna have to keep your face clean if you wanna catch a man. a couple of my noid days
    and my nose or finger keeps getting in my pics. hugs carol

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

mary ellen...come out, come out wherever you are.

just wanted to make sure that you received the box i sent for june's swap.

also, never heard if anita received my hostess gift. i guess she still can't post?

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I got the most wonderful surprise today -- a package from skohler (Susie) for my June birthday. Susie, I am so touched that you would think from me. I got a cute garden notebook (always need that!)a BHG 30-minute meals book - I don't have this one and my goodness I need it. My husband and I pull in the driveway at night at the same time and he is hungry hungry hungry RIGHT NOW - LOL! Some great sunflower and pink silene seeds that I didn't have and a bag of goodies - a granola bar (I love to have these at work in the morning!) Orange Creme Savers - shhh I'm hiding them from my DD - her favorite! and some chocolates. You really made my day Susie, thank you so much!

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

did we wrap up june with everyone sending and receiving?
    theresa, did you ever receive your box from jan? did you send a box to her? has anyone heard from jan?

sue? carol? if theresa sent and did not receive, are we going to make it up to her?

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Yes, I sent and did not receive but Susie knows about it and I think has called Jan. No need to make it up. I'm okay with it.

Theresa

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Susie has volunteered to make up a box to Theresa, Jan will have to sit out three swaps. Bad Jan!!!

• skohler
    17 years ago

I Hope to have a box in the mail by noon today for
    Theresa & Hope that it will arrive on monday .
    got to go dig :))
    have a great weekend all .

susie

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

i would be more than happy to add to it sue, wouldn't be the first time .

i sure hope all is well with jan. i wouldn't have expected this from her, especially in light of the fact that she accepted the box from theresa and then did not keep her end of the bargain.

maryanne

SILOAN SUGAR TIME
    {{gwi:1277091}}