Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skohler_gw

NEW: 'obf' christmas in 'july' sign-up

skohler
15 years ago

{{gwi:1277125}}

If you would like to join Our Best Friend Group Please contact Britneygran (SHIRLEY) Or Veeja11 (CAROL)

THE ONLY RULE'S FOR THIS SWAP !!!!!

YOU WILL BE EXSPECTED TO SEND A WRAPPED GIFT MAYBE PERSONAL OR GARDEN RELATED .

ALONG WITH THE GIFT SEND ONE NICE PLANT WITH A MEANING OF XMAS :)

CHRISTMAS IS DAYLILY, NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS HOSTA ,

YOU HAVE THE IDEA :)) ANY TYPE OF PLANT AS LONG AS IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH CHRISTMAS.

AS FOR OTHER GIFTS OR PLANTS THAT IS YOUR CHOICE BUT WITH THE WARMER WEATHER & POSTAGE AS IT IS LETS KEEP IT

SIMPLE & BLESSED :) .

One more Goody you will Share a Favorite XMAS CANDY :)

Or Cookies . Please Let us Know if you cannot eat these Goodies they can be replaced :))

Plant or Plants Must be a nice size please check zone as for hardyness , NO Seedling, plugs or cuttings .

Just make it a nice xmasy Box I might get in on this if doc says I can get into my garden :))

OH There WILL BE A Special Gift's For

The Funnest Gift wrapper :))

The Most Christmasy Wrapper :)

You will Have to post a Picture Of the wrapped Gift when you Recieve your BOX :)

if you cannot post a picture let us know before so the sender can take a picture :) but do not post it till the box is delievered :) .

Lets Have a Great Christmas in July :)

susie

PS as soon as anita can get back on she will repost the line up July 1st or one of us will :))

Comments (130)

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi Susie,
    I'm here now : ) Lol.
    I'm sure your duckies are cute as can be!

Vic,
    Congrats on the win! I would of never figured that out, can't make a hedge of gardenias around here, lol.
    Creton is right under me laying down. He is breathing hard poor boy, but he is doing better with the pain meds. I can tell he is anemic because his gums are pale. Sammy finally has stopped trying to make him play. She's figured out he's not well I guess. It is cute though when I play with Sammie, throwing the ball, etc., he likes to lean against me, wag his tail, and have me pet him while he watches her run around.
    Have a good night,
    Remy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Remy,
    Last spring I came home from work late one night to find my 14yr old Shepard "Taz" not feeling well at all, he was fine when I left in the morning. My other dog, a 16yr old Chow seemed to know also, and would just come up and sniff him occasionally and walk away. I had thought he had gotten into something, like eaten a mouse. Later that night while we were sleeping my son Zack 2yrs old at the time, got up and went out and layed by down by Taz hugging him and just started sobbing. The next morning he was worse and had trouble breathing, I took him to the vet, he didn't even make it through all the tests. He had a very aggressive tumor in his lungs that took him that quickly. I couldn't believe how Bear and Zack just seemed to "know". I think that kids and animals are so much more in tune because they are not rushing through the days thinking of what they didn't get done, and what needs to be done next.

In a way it was a blessing that he didn't have to suffer long, but in a way I wish I had had more time to spend with him and make his last days really special. It's just never easy. I hope you enjoy the last bit of time you have with Creton as much as you can. ((Big Hug))

Vic

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Susie, I got my partners name, and again thanks for hosting. I will post more when I return home tomorrow or Wed.

Vic, congrats on win!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Hi everyone...just got home from working at the Church. Can't get anything to grow with this drought. Had to re-plant some new flowers so hoping they take off and look better than the ones we had to pull up.

Had a great 4th of July...camped the whole time.

Susie-I got my name for the swap, thanks.

Way to go Vic guessing the quiz question.

We got news last week that the Company I work for got sold to Shaw Industries. Sure hope I don't lose my job as there are not many good jobs in our town. We are guaranteed that things will stay the same for 90 days at least. Shaw asked our representatives how many customers we had and they replied 15...they then said be prepared for you will now have 15,000 customers. Whew that's alot.

Anita-I received my wonderful May swap box from you and loved everything you sent. What a great assortment you sent. I was on vacation when it came so planted them ASAP when I opened them. I will get a list of what you sent and post a real thank you. You are the greatest.

Annie-It was so good talking to you also. Hope we can talk again sometime when you are not on the road.

Laura-I haven't forgotten your tin watering can!!!!!! Will try to mail this week.

OUR MEMBER LIST:

Amybabyboy
    Beth_b_Kodiak
    Brittneysgran
    Cedarnest
    Debbya
    Dirtundermynails
    Earthly Delight
    Hazelnutbunny
    Ilovefarac
    lil green thumb
    LLbean
    Lunamoon
    Mellen
    Missg
    Momcat
    Nyvoices99
    Raggedyann
    Remy
    Sandlapper Rose
    Squanzon
    Skohler
    Susandonb
    Theresa24
    Veeja11
    Wynative

Following themes for the rest of the year.

JULY-ANITA (nyvoices99) 'CHRISTMAS IN JULY'(Susie is doing)
    AUGUST-MARIE (wynative) 'DOLLAR DAYS POTLUCK'
    SEPTEMBER-APRIL (dirt_under_my_nails)'FOR THE BIRDS'
    OCTOBER-JEANNE (sandlapper_rose)'THE SECRET HAUNTED GARDEN'
    NOVEMBER-MARY ELLEN (mellen)
    DECEMBER-

Where is Maryanne, Laura, Susan and some others who haven't posted? We must get the OBF police after them....

Shirley

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

GM Ladies!

For those of you who don't wander over to the MNF thread, I thought I would share the day I had yesterday with you. I just copied and pasted my post here:

I just wanted to come share my "moment" with ya all today! As I'm sitting here having a cocktail to calm my nerves!

I was in the kitchen and Zack was in his room, I heard a "THUD" and then one of those LOUD BLOOD CURDELING SCREAMS! I ran to his room to have him screaming and holding up his hand, his little finger was pointing up and back twords his wrist! He slammed it and dislocated it!!! And although I feel terribly guilty about this I will admit the 2nd thought that went through my mind was OMG we have no health ins!!! The 1st thought was.......well I'm not quite sure........I'm sure there are other Mom's who have been through something like this and the mind just gets scattered with emotions.

Anyhow.....I did pull his finger back into place, fortunately at his age the joints aren't all that developed so I didn't have to yank it or anything, I just pulled out and down. As soon as I did that he was fine!! I have to admit, he has quite a high pain tolerance, even the Doctor has told me that before.

I've worked in the medical field for over 20yrs, and have seen a lot, from ppl having big gaping cuts, a couple tongues half bitten off, and even someone came in one day with 1/2 of their finger in a dixie cup on ice after they cut it off (can't remember how they did it) But when it comes to your own child........

And of course, I'm home by myself, the neighbors are out of town, and I don't even know where the nearest ER is around here!! I think I will find that out TODAY!

Update from this morning:

GM Everyone!
    The sun is shining, and my heart has slowed back to a nice steady pace! LOL
    I asked Zack (for about the 100th time) last night how his finger was doing, He said, in this reassuring voice "Mom, it's fine, it doesn't hurt anymore" then he stroked my arm as if to calm me down a little more! LOL! Kids......

Well, out to the yard! Gotta get some stuff done today!

Vic

Enjoy your day Everyone!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Congrats, Vic, on your win! I had an inkling what it was, but since you'd said you knew first....I wanted to wait until you spilled your beans. LOL I play fair SOMETIMES. :O)
    Glad to hear that Zack is feeling fine. They do know how to scare the crud out of us sometimes, don't they??
    I think the scariest thing my kids ever put me through was when the oldest accidentally hit his younger brother in the face with a piece of steel pipe. It went through his cheek, tore open his gums, and gashed both lips open. This was only 2 weeks after I'd had my 5th baby, so I wasn't emotionally ready to deal with that sort of crisis! LOL
    And what does my hubby do after I call him at work?? Tells me "oh, put some super glue on it, and he'll be fine!"
    MEN!!!!!

I think everyone else is recovering from the holiday weekend! I know it was a busy one. I'm getting the cirriculum ready for the kiddos...my first year homeschooling, and I am wondering if I bit off more than I should have! LOL Schooling 4 kids at once is intimidating me a bit, especially after getting all the core materials together. I never wanted to look at Algebra again, yet HERE I GO!! UGH!

Melissa

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Susie~ I am in need of my partner's addy, please! :O)
    Thank you!

Melissa

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

OMG Melissa! I would much rather just have to pull a finger back into place! I don't even want to think about some of the things I will go through in the future with injuries! You poor thing! I hope you don't ever have anything that scarey happen again!!

Hey, BTW, I can't remember what ages your boys are, have they all outgrown size 3T?

Vic

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Yep, Vic...the boys are the oldest. William will be 12 next month, Bowen is 9, Elijah is 7 and the girls are nearly 5 & 2.

Elijah was the one that got smacked in the mouth...he's ALWAYS getting hurt in some way. One day, he got 2 goose eggs - both on his forehead! - & 2 black eyes from running into the wall! TWICE! Within an hour of each other. That kid is going to be the one to give me white hair, I"m telling you. :O)

William started both Kindergarten and 1st grade with black eyes! Bowen hit him in the eye with a toy the night before Kindergarten, and in the morning his eye was BLACK & swollen shut. Looked awful! Then, the night before 1st grade, he fell on a corner of the couch, and blacked his eye.
    UGH....I can only imagine what his teacher's thought!! LOL

But, you know...after so many kids, you start to not even blink when you see blood gushing. At least, I don't freak until I see something poking out of the wound or detached from the body...THEN I start to get concerned. :O)

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bunny resent your partners addy if you do not get it check the junk box I sent it to your hotmail addy .
    or if you have another addy try to email me with that one .
    all went fine today still just a little sleepy but doing fine doc says I can resume nomal activities .
    so will try to get vic's plant out soon .

my dlies are just comming into bloom & each day i have to go look for I'm afraid I might miss one :( that is gettin pretty bad right ??? am i insane or do the rest of you do that also ??? .

well you all have a good night & bunny please let me know if you get your partners name or not .
    susie

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Susie-I do the same thing...constantly with camera in hand waiting for a new one to bloom. If the irises and daylilies all bloomed at the same time I would be in trouble. Kinda glad they bloom at seperate times.

Melissa-Home Schooling...my hat goes off to you...you are very brave. I'm sure there is alot of things you have to find out about home schooling. I hope they don't miss out on the school sports.

Vic-Glad you helped Zack out on that finger...I have seen several do that when we play volleyball. I'm not sure if I could do it or not. I'm a big chicken when it comes to pain.

Night all

Shirley

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I got it Susie, Thank you! :O)

Oh Goody! I'm not the only one, either! LOL Hubby thinks I'm a tad insane, but I jump up every morning, grab the camera and walk through the yard....in my jammies! But I've found the best time of day to take pictures is first thing in the morning, and I'm always excited to find new stuff blooming. Can't waste time getting dressed, gee whiz! 'Sides...we don't have close neighbors, anyway!

Melissa

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Susie, don't rush to send my box! Take your time, I'm in no hurry. It's not like I don't have things to do in the yard while waiting! LOL

Shirley, if I had to grab his finger and yank it really hard I don't think I could have done it! But as young as he is, it went right back in place with just a little pull. Thank God!

Melissa, right there with ya in my jammies and coffee! (oh, sorry, didn't mean to say the "c" word!) :o

Vic

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Susie-HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....AND HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MANY MORE.

Sassy-Hope your Birthday was extra special because you sure are.

Shirley

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you SHirley I had a nice day went to lunch with my Big sister & then went for pie & coffee with MY
    Best Friend & School-Mate :) & her hubby then went to my other GARDEN BUDDY Place for coffee & CAKE & She got me the cuties little Leather NINE WAY Hand bag that i just love :).

then it was home & worked (PLAYED) in the garden .
    So it was a very good day .

Well I'm still trying to rack my brain as to another game
    wil try to have one later today . Have to go take my sister shopping this morning . so you all have a great day . back later .
    susie

SASSY : Hope you had a special day also :))

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Susie-So glad to hear your Birthday was fun..There were four of us in school that were best friends. We did everything together. I have always been a picky eater if I don't like it I don't eat it. The teacher told us if we cleaned our plates at lunch we could get another 30 minutes extra play time each Friday. Well the three of them always ate what I wouldn't eat so I could have the extra 30 minutes with them each Friday. Alot of special memories with them.

Where is everybody?

Shirley

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Happy (belated) Birthday Susie! Does sound like you had a great day!!

August is Dollar Days huh? Sounds right up my alley! hehe!

It's HOT here! in the 90's, supposed to get in the low 100's today! And soooo DRY! I've always had sinus trouble and when I came here last July to visit the dry air really cleared them up! But for some reason that is not the case now UHG, I can barely breath out my nose! I don't know if it was because I was at a higher elevation last year or not.

Out to water before the sun bakes everything!

Vic

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Happy Belated birthday to Sassy and Susie! I've been busy playing in the gardens lately and watering constantly! This summer's been too hot! If I don't water every day everything looks stressed! It looks as though more rain is on the way, it's really dark outside! Better let the dogs out before it starts pouring!

Where is everyone?

Hugs,
    Deb

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Wow, I wish we had some of that dry weather! (careful what you wish for, huh?) It's rained at LEAST 1-2 days every week most of this year. It feels more like Washington than Arkansas. LOL
    I've only had to get out my shorts for the past 2 weeks. It's finally getting into the 90's....which is unusual, since we usually hit the 90's in May! I shouldn't complain, though...because it most likely means that we'll be having a hot & dry fall.

we're in the middle of a storm right now. Lightning just struck the tree not 30 feet away from the living room. I was sitting on the couch, and screamed like a banshee. Did I mention I"m scared of lightning? I do OK if I have someone to grab everytime it strikes, but since hubby wasn't here, I had to make due with scaring the pants off the kids. They thought the house was coming down around them!

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Susie,
    Happy Belated Birthday! I'm sorry I wasn't around yesterday to post. I see you had a wonderful day though.

I went to the rock garden meeting last night. It is a little over an hour away, but I like going. The gas is getting tough though. I took pics of all the cool Sempervivums(Hens and Chicks) at the garden/workshop we visited. There was one variety that was huge! I have my foot in the photo on purpose.

Shirley,
    I'm so sorry you are having drought conditions again this year! I wish I could of sent you some of the extra rain I had.
    Wow about the job. I hope you are good after the 90 days. That has to be so nerve racking.

Vic,
    What a story! I'm glad you fixed your son's finger ok. I hope you found out where an ER is,lol.

Melissa,
    I would of been hysterical if I saw what happen to your kid. Lol, about your husband.
    My one brother was always getting injured. He has lots of stitches on his scalp, lol. I think the funniest injury he ever had was when he was sitting on the handle bars of a bike while a friend was pedaling. It was one of those huffy kind with the high handles. It was mid summer and very hot so he was shirtless. I'm not sure exactly what happened next but somehow my brother went flying forward and hit the tire and got driven over. He had a perfect tire design running down the front of his body. It was cut pretty deep and it hurt him good, but it was so funny to look at.
    I can not believe you are going to home school! Hats off to you because I could never do it. I do have to warn you though, should something happen down the road and you can't do it, don't feel guilty. That happened to someone I know, and it took a lot to convince her it was ok.

Susie,
    Of course I check for blooms everyday! You would be insane not to : )

Hi Deb! I hope you get the rain.

Ok got to go Gary wants the computer,
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Album of Sempervivums

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for the Great BD Wishes :)) I did have a very nice day & it even carried over till today went out for lunch with another sister & her 3 DD My DN"S :)) Love them they are my girls I never had :))

then this evening my Friend Judy called again to invite me out for shrimp all you eat & when I got there she had invited the other gals :) & so judy ,nel, marshann, marla & myself Had a great evening just got hope about 1/2 hr ago & I 'am so drained from the heat & running around today so please for give if I do not get the game
    posted this evening as planned.

will do my best to post another game tomorrow :) .

Deb good to see you post wondered where you had been :)
    has anyone heard from amy????
    well time to lay back good night my friends .

susie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Ladies,

If I owe you a prize box, I haven't forgot. I have been getting them together this week and have a couple more things I'd like to add to them. I wasn't prepared to get three boxes together but am almost ready to send.

Happy belated birthday Susie. Sorry I wasn't around. This week has been difficult with DH home. My whole routine has been messed up.

Theresa

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Good Afternoon Everyone!

It is hot and steamy today. The gnats, mosquitos, and flies are loving it;they seem to know as soon as I open the door to go out side. Someone told me to put Listerine mouth wash in spray bottle and use it before I go out. I have no clue if this will help, but anything is worth trying as they are driving me nuts.

Susie, I have my partners box about ready to go but I need to know if it is ok to send an IOU for daylily. Mine are beginning to bloom and I really hate to dig them now, but I will if I need to. (Call me selfish; I want to see the blooms.)

Shirley, I hope everything goes well with your job. I know I said I would get the rest of your package out this week, but oops.. it will be next week when I'm on my time off.

Vic, Sorry to hear about your son's finger, although I'm not for sure If I could do it.

I'm off to try out the Listerine.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Annie~ Citrus smells work very well, too. I use a tangerine spray that Avon put out, and I never get bitten (if I forget to smother myself in it, though....wow, I look like I've got chicken pox!!). You can also use lemon scented lotion or soap...anything citrus will work. Just squeeze lemon/orange/lime juice into a bit of water, and either spray or rub it on.

I think an IOU would be fine, Annie. I actually came across one that I got from someone in OBF last year...for an "Open Hearth" daylily. Does anyone remember who sent that to me? I didn't write who it was from on it. :O(

Susie~ My box will be going out on Monday. I missed the mail today, and won't be home tomorrow.

Have a good weekend, everyone!!
    Melissa

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Susie, for some odd reason I cannot find my partner's addy. Would you be so kind as to send it to me. I think I might have deleted a file, and could someone send me all member's addresses to me.

I will be mailing on Monday.
    Thanks so much
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• wynative
    15 years ago

Vicki,
    So sorry to hear about Taz - he was a beautiful baby :( And with your little ones finger - glad it all worked out so well! My son slammed his thumb in the pickup door when he was 4, didn't break the skin or bones - just bent it in the form of the door. He cried a little, then had to show it off, like it was a trophy. He was only injured 2 other times growing up - once winning state for wrestling he broke his thumb and in a football game the other team put on cleets and would stomp our boys! They were tough so didn't want to whine but when us parents were finished with the other parents and boys - they thought long and hard about pulling that stunt again! My daughter is a totally different story... left arm broke twice, right arm broke 3 times, broke right ankle, dislocated shoulders, shattered elbow and countless black eyes, goose eggs and every part of her body bruised at one time or the other! Only 2 broken bones at home (thank GOD!) but she heals fast as hasn't injured herself in over a year now - knock on wood and keeping my fingers crossed! She was at Cheerleader camp this week & only came home with one bruise and really sore muscles :)

Melissa,
    ~~~"oh, put some super glue on it, and he'll be fine!" ~~~
    Your hubby and my boss are the only 2 people I know that think that super glue is a 21st Century medical break through.......
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the name 'Anika' - it fits so well as all of you kids are beautiful!

Happy Belated birthday to Sassy and Susie! Sorry I missed your days - hope they were wonderful!!

HOT, HOT, HOT here, too. Lots of cloud cover & thunder boomers but not even a drop of rain :( I hope that changes by next weekend as my sister & I are taking our daughters and their best friends on a 4 day mini vacation and that is a little long to go with out watering. My home town has a big 3 day Professional Rodeo, town of 250 booms to about 10,000+ over night! I had a weak moment when my 13 year old ask if they could bring friends but I hope I will survive... BBQ's, street dances, all kinds of horse/roping games and a sea of very fine wranglers.... ahhh life is good LOL

I need to start thinking of some games for next month - is it legal to ask for suggestions & idea's?

Have a great weekend all,
    Marie

• veeja11
    15 years ago

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO SUSIE ONE OF OUR BEST AND SMARTEST. MAY YOU HAVE MANY MORE ABOVE THE FLOWERS. LOTS OF LOVE TO YA CAROL

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

I'm heading for work, and I didn't leave in daylight so I will be driving in the dark.

I hope everyone has a great week-end, and I will return home on Monday to enjoy the start of my time off and get everyone's packages sent. YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPI!!!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Thanks to all of you girls that wished Happy Birthday thoughts to me! Its was a 'good' one and I appreciate your good wishes:)

Sue, you know I hope you had the best birthday! BTW,
    I'll get to emails, don't give up on me girls, and thanks.

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Remy & Annie..Yes I'm praying about my job..I sure would like to work for this new Group that bought us out. I paid checks totaling 2.5 million dollars this week for lumber...It sure is nice knowing one of the richest men in the world now owns the Company and we can pay the bills.

Annie-I get bit my lots of mosquitos too. DH never gets bit they all go after me. I'm going to try the citrus scent items.

Shirley

• mellen
    15 years ago

Susie and Sassy, I want to wish you both belated Happy Birthdays!!! Sorry it is so late. Have had a hectic week, too.

Annie, I will get your box to you next week. Will post when it goes, okay? Bet you're looking forward to your time off.

I see nothing wrong and an IOU daylily. Now that mine are starting to bloom, it's hard to think of digging them up. lol

We continue to receive rain. Wish we could share! Some days have been hot and sticky and others very pleasant. It has been a strange summer!!!
    Mellen/Mary Ellen

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well What a day "YIKES" Spent 4hrs of it at the ER With my father He took a tumble this noon shook him up & brused him pretty good & taught him a lesson to use his walker :))) He's ok No Broken Bones . & then My Niece from TEXAS came in today so company most the evening
    so as you all can see again NO GAME POSTED :((( .
    I CAN"T Even Get my Brain to work on any , GOOD ONES THAT IS :) .

SO For Now the one who can DECODE THIS MESSAGE BELOW
    Will Recieve this beauty :)

GYPSY BALLERINA

HINT : EACH LETTER REPRESENTS ANOTHER LETTER :)

OPAFSDR PAS YES ALLYR LB BAGSDFREGXR .

GOOD NIGHT ALL
    SUSIE

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

GARDENS ARE THE ROOTS OF FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!! : )
    Remy

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Oops GARDENS ARE THE ROOTS OF FRIENSHIPS lol forgot the S!

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Well, that was nice way to get up and start my vacation!
    It is suppose to be really hot today. Tomorrow I'm going to a daylily farm out in the farm area northeast of here! I don't know how I will control myself, lol. I'll try to remember and take some pics.

Susie,
    Amazing that your dad broke no bones at his age!

Shirley,
    I'm am praying for you. Hopefully how well your boss thinks of you helps.
    Speaking of wood, my father is building a deck on the back of the house this coming week. I can't wait! Gary and my father working together again will be amusing. I'm mostly the cook and go get stuff girl, lol.

Annie,
    I am the favorite target of mosquitoes. Everyoen else will be fine while I'm under siege, lol.

Marie,
    No harm in asking for help : ) What ideas do you have so far?

Talk to you all later,
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Daylily Farm in Medina

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Lol,See what happens when I'm excited, I spelled wrong again! and forgot the D : )
    Remy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Shirley, GOOD LUCK!!!

Marie, we wanted to go to Sheridan this weekend for the Rodeo Days, but didn't make it :( I hear the rodeo events in WY are quite the events!

Remy, LOL! Good Job, I would have never figured that one out!

Mosquitos, I bought some eucalyptus spray last year, I don't like to use Deet with the little guy, It worked very well, and lasted a long time. I got some citrus stuff this year and don't like it as well, but it does smell better!

Vic

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"""WINNER IS REMY """ :)))

I should have put my early bird daylily up for the prize :))) we know who does crosswords :))
    its still in bloom so as soon as they quit it will be on the way to you :))) .

yep Daddy was lucky this time it still shook him up for he has slept most of the day ,Plus it is very Hot & Humid
    today .
    have been taken lots of pictures today :))

well I'm going to have to think of something a little more challenging YOU ALL ARE JUST TO SMART . :))

well you all have a great evening I have to get outside now the sun is going down :)) .

susie

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Remy-Way to go I too would never have guessed that. I'm waiting on two daylily places to have their seasonal Buy One Get One Free Sale. I save most of my money when I sell my daylilies to get new ones from the sales.

Susie-Your Dad was very lucky, my Dads first fall he broke his hip.

I just got home from seeing the play You're A Good Man Charlie Brown. My goodness I don't see how the actors memorize all those lines. The play was excellent.

Shirley

• wynative
    15 years ago

Remy,
    I don't have idea's~~ well, I do but they usually are a disaster LOL It is just so much safer for me to use someone elses. You ever come up with 'the greatest idea, ever? Then, your the only one that thinks it was? That happen's 99 times out of 100 to me! This will be my 2nd hosting attempt - the first was awful. My hat goes off to all of you that do this on a regular basis. Now everyone here gets to suffer through another attempt just because I had a week moments and told myself - 'I am an adult, how hard can it be?' ugggghhhh... Please be patient with me -

VICKY ~ since you didn't get to go to Sheridan, COME TO KAYCEE THIS WEEKEND!! It is only about 1 1/2 hours farther south and I will share some purple Iris with you??? It is going to be lots of fun and I would love to meet you!

Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I have sent my package out today. DC# 03061070000429753393

Just a note to the special lady receiving it: If the plant doesn't make it, please let me know & I'll replace it! (when the weather is cooler!!) :O)

Hope she enjoys!!

Melissa

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    What a day I had yesterday! The trip to the daylily garden was amazing!! I don't know why I haven't gone before. I wish all you daylily lovers could of been there. I posted a post on the Daylily Forum with photos and photos of the ones I bough. The link is below.
    My father and Gary started to build the deck today. Hopefully tomorrow it will be mostly done. Trex is expensive! so we cut 4 feet off the size to keep it with Trex and we are making it removable. They both convinced me this was best since my ultimate goal is a sunroom.

Susie,
    Lol about Early Bird. I am pretty good at puzzles. I promise not to figure out any more for awhile : )
    I'm going to think up a new contest for me to do soon.

Shirley,
    I haven't seen a good play in awhile. It is amazing that they don't forget the lines!

Marie,
    Lol, how bad could it have been?! My best advice stop by and post often when hosting even if you don't have much to say, lol. Someone has to have some good ideas for a title like "Dollar Days PotLuck" Humm... you could have everyone include something inexpensive from their area that might be expensive or nonexistent elsewhere. Like here I can get the best biscotti of most anywhere for just a couple dollars.
    Talk to you all soon,
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Daylily Post

• mellen
    15 years ago

Remy, I absolutely loved looking at all the daylily pics. Wow!!! What did you do, fill your whole camera? lol

Annie, I sent your June swap box to you today now that you are home on vacation. The DC# is: 0307 0020 0005 2563 9123. This was the Diggin' in the Dirt swap. Hope you like some of the things that I sent.
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HI LADIES
    what a pass few days the weeds have just taken over & I
    have been trully busy trying to catch up on them still allot to do yet :) .

anyway vic your Winning plant is on the way you should have it by friday .

REMY : Nice pictures bet you wanted to take them all home with you :)) .

I Will be Starting a new thread tomorrow morning
    for all the recieved boxes :)) can hardly wait to see what everyone receives :)

well it has been another very full day & I really need to
    put this old body to bed Good Night all

susie

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Remy-I never would have left that daylily field...LOL I dearly love Blueberry Breakfast and if you have an extra fan for trade I will trade you for it. I always get in trouble when I visit daylily farms. All the pictures are gorgeous.

Annie-I have some of the iris list ready for you to pick from. Will e-mail it to you.

Shirley

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Hi Susie;)
    Thanks for the talk!!
    {{gwi:1253036}}
    Love You!!!;)Me

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW WHAT A NICE "3 WAY" TY You Anita & sassy :))
    you gals are just way to funny . Got To Chat again soon .
    Laughter is great medicine :) for the soul .

well I just wanted to let you all know I will be starting the new thread so post there when you receive your xmas
    boxes :)

much to do today .

susie

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Mellen,
    Lol, When we were on vacation, I ran out of photo space, so Gary went to Radio Shack and bought a memory card that hold a ton of pics so I won't have that problem again. I'm not sure how many, but way over 1000 pics I can take. Now I jsut have to remember to take extra batteries with me when I go places.
    I could of take a lot more photos, but we had to start seriously thinking of what we were going to buy, and figure out where we saw them in that field,lol.

Susie,
    Oh I did want to take so much home! You would of loved it too.

Shirley,
    Lol! It was amazing, and I want to go back : )
    I will send you an email later.
    Remy

• wynative
    15 years ago

Remy - sounds like you had a great time and the pictures are awsome! I don't think I would have been able to choose and limit myself like you did!

I have come up with a plan for our Aug. swap, I talked them over with a couple people & they think that it would work. (Keeping my fingers crossed!)

I could use some game idea's though - I wish I would have thought of the hang-man one! Hop-Scotch wont work - My boss just told me that I couldn't leave the white out on the screen... I will be the new 'Rudolph' when this is over - you all wont let me play internet games any more LOL

Marie

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

MARIE! I would love to come there this weekend! BUT, it would be 3hrs away from us and with gas prices, and me not working......
    I've been job hunting, and there is not much here for my skills, seems most places want LPN's, RN's, and CNA's. Not MA's. And although the thought of staying home with my 3yr old son this summer is nice, it's just not in the finances. I am fighting unemployment right now, they don't seem to think my quiting my job to move to another state so that me and my then 2yr old son could be together with his Father and older brother is a good enough reason. Evidently, they feel that a 2yr old seeing his Dad 3 times over a 9 month period of time is plenty! I have a court date this Thur. AM. It will be a 3 way conf. call with the judge, my previous employer, and myself. I am getting pretty anxious about it and my tummy is in knots! This is the 3rd level of my appeal and I guess there is only one more level after this. I really thought that by the time this all came about I would be working, you can't even find jobs at fast food places with the college kids home right now, and of course if the pay doesn't cover the cost of daycare and gas there isn't much sense in it.
    But ya never know, if it goes my way I might be able to talk Jamie into it, he keeps asking what I want for my Bday on friday and it is going to be the big 4-0 So I should get something special!! Of course I was thinking along the lines of a load of dirt and a trip to the local nursery LOL!
    BTW, do you think you could save me some of those tangerine coneflower seeds this fall? They are beauties!
    Also....I think you will make a fine hostess!! Like Remy said, you already came up with a great name!

Remy, Wow, what a trip, I did some searching around here but haven't found a daylily farm yet!

Got to go renew my Drivers Lic and get another beautiful DMV photo taken!

Take care girls!
    Vic

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company