SEPT: GALIUM

OCT: SASSYBUTTERFLY

NOV: MARGARET_2007

DEC: NCGARDENGIRL

Comments (24)

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Good morning ladies,
    I hope everyone has recovered from that amazing trip to Lisa's, that was quite a raod trip.

Everybody has been awful queit.

where are you guys are you still at Lisa's? I didn't think she had that many appletini's

Have a blessed day, Carmen

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Has anyone heard from Shirley yet? Is she able to do July? If not I can take it.
    Would I still get to keep December or would that be passed on to someone else? Hey, I'm just asking LOL...hehe. Me likes the Christmas/Dec Swaps.

:) Fran

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

I think someone should email Shirley and ask her if she would still like to host July before we do anything. I believe that Sassy already offered to host if Shirley was unable to do it though.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Tracy, I was just wondering since this month is almost over lol.

I thought someone emailed Shirley and she said she was having computer problems, is that right? But didn't say if she was going to be unable to host July. I can't remember, we had the June threads running hot so I got lost on the details LOL...

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

You're welcome! I think that was Susie that was having trouble. I believe Annie posted that at some point on Friday maybe? Racking the old brain!!!

You couldn't have said it better, the June posts have been on a roll this month. LOL! I think we've had too much fun in the sun. :O)

Would you like for me to email Shirley and ask her about July?

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HEY Tracy,
    I just sent you an email LOL. I think your right it WAS Susie who was having net problems, I told you I got lost in the details LOL...

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

It's me checking in and yes I will be able to host July's swap.

I was thinking how fun the white elephant swaps have been on the other groups and will be doing the same for this month for the Petal Pushers group.

Each person participating this month will list the items they will be sending in their swap box. I will then put all the names of everyone participating into a bag and draw out names in the order they will get to pick a box.

Number 1 picks a box.
    Number 2 can pick a box or steal from number 1.
    If they steal from number 1, Number 1 gets to choose a new box. Number one can not of course take back the box that was stolen from them.
    Number 3 picks a box or steals from number 1 or 2. Again if they steal a box from number one or two, number one or two can not take back the box. Number one or two must pick a new box.
    Now we do allow if say down the line the original box chosen by some is stole a couple times like if number 1's box was stolen by number 2 and then it get stolen from number 2 and then number one is stolen from again, number one can retrieve their original box since it was not still in the hands of the original thief.

Please sign up if you are participating in the White Elephant Swap box for July.

Shirley

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Shirley, are you going to post a new thread for this swap? or do we sign up here? because I am SOOOOO going to play!! I've been envious of the OBF's white elephant swaps!! I will see what I have! :P)

Karen

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Shirley, this sounds like a great time. Count me in please! I will have to start a list of what I'm going to put in my box!

Thanks,
    Tracy

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

I wanna play, I wanna play, I wanna play!!!

But.... I do have a couple questions : )

When do we need to have our list in by, is there any specifics as to what we put in or can we just load em up any way we want? How specific is the list, like would I put...
    4 plants
    1 birdhouse
    6 packs of seed

or do we list the names?
    I know, there is always one that has to cause trouble : )

• pat_6
    14 years ago

I'm in, too! I was just thinking of this premise the other day but had no idea how to implement it on the boards. (Obviously, I haven't been hanging out on the other threads.)

My extended family plays this game at Christmas each year, though we call it "Greed". In our version, you can't steal the package back from the person who stole it from you, but you can, as Shirley said, take it from another party who has it. We play that you can only have a particular package 3 times. During the in-person game, you always hope for the highest number as each person before you selects their gift and unwraps it for all to see.

This is sure to be a lot of fun!

Pat

• skohler
    14 years ago

Hi Ladies Just wanted to let you all know that I need to drop out of trading to much right now for i have to many other things going on this summer & I cannot catch up with it all .

You all have a great group & It was nice getting to know you . So I hope that one of you can find someone to take over the AUG Swap for me .

Your July swap sounds like fun Enjoy & Have a great summer to all .

susie

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Pat-Yes we will freeze the box when someone has had it 3 times or you could go on forever sometimes. It is one of our favorite games at Christmas time and we look and buy our gift early if we find exactly what we think someone else would fight over.

Vic-Good question...we will have until Monday July 6th to post our boxes. I know I will be leaving for the weekend on Friday morning and returning Sunday afternoon. I hope to get my box contents posted before I leave.

I would list the plants by name....remember you want others to want your box.

I will post a new thread for the sign ups.

Shirley

• sassyd
    14 years ago

No problem Sue, I'll take over the August swap. And I know you think I've forgotten you but I haven't hun, just late. I'll email you soon, I promise.

Sassy

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

JULY:SHIRLEY
    AUG: MISS SASSYD herself! woohooo
    SEPT: GALIUM
    OCT: SASSYBUTTERFLY
    NOV: MARGARET_2007
    DEC: NCGARDENGIRL

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

I'am really confused,
    Are we posting on this or on the page or the white ephalent page. It really isn't that hard to send me into total confusion LOL :o)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Carmen, we are all over on the White Elephant thread! Sorry for the confusion, this happens when we have multiple threads going sometimes. Sorry!
    Tracy

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Who will host October if Wendy isn't back online yet to host it?

Moving this up to the front page for Sassy!!!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

OOOOH I think we should ask Alana to do it. I think Halloween is her favorite time of the year and she rocks with the spooky stuff.

Alannnnnnnnnnna! Pretty please with sugar on top? Or should I say pretty please with gooey eyeballs on top?

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Thanks Fran! Me thinks Miss Sassyd, poopied! (as Kenzie says:) lol (Thats okay, I really do understand, terrible month)

A spooky swap would be fun!

Ok, I'm really off to work this time.

Sassy

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I can do Halloween if needed. My favorite!!
    Alana

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Alana! YOU are AWESOME! Woohoo!!!

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Oooooh yeah I forgot to ask does anyone have white evening primrose I could get a chunk of???

Tammy

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Thanks Alana! We'll be looking forward to it:)) I just love Halloween Swaps and hope I'll be able to play!

Sassy