Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
July Seeds-N-Stitches Something Crazy

Posted by gmom2-6boys mi z4-5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 9:41

All rules are the same as always so I'm not going to post them. Instead we will just get right to making the Crazy Patch Block.

There is nothing to buy. Just go to your stach of smaller scraps. We will be making a block of material in order to cut out a 12 1/2' square. This block is not done the regular way with a foundation.

Go to your stach, pull out a dozen or so pieces of material. Nothing has to match or be cut at this time. I Try not to use the same material more than twice in any one block. Do not match color or design.

Here goes: Pick up 2 pieces of material and fronts together, sew a straight line. Cut along the seam at 1/4" and press to one side. Set the left overs aside and pick out another piece of material. What you will be doing is building around the 2 pieces you already sewed togeather. But try not to sew in a square. Use an angled line. Lay right sides together and sew the seam. Same Steps as before. Keep going until you can cut a 12 1/2' square.

Does everybody understand? If not ask Questions. I will look for a few sites with videos and post next.

Who wants to join? and how many do you want to trade with
I found this fun and fast and easy.

gmom-Sharon-3

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: July Seeds-N-Stitches Something Crazy

I know I can do this one, so please sign me up and pass the tea! :)

o

It's a stash buster, kewl! Sign me up for 3! I recently found a bunch of blocks I've been saving from our group, and I see a quilt somewhere in the future. Throwing some crazy-quilted blocks will certainly go well!

Sharon, this sounds a lot like a sunburst block. I've got the instructions in one of my books and have been wanting to make a few. I like your idea!

o

I forgot to tell you, after you get your block made then you need to embelish the seems with stitches of different colors, lace or anything you see fit to use. Just an added touch.

Once I learned how to do this several months ago, I have made 3 quilt tops for Luthern World Releaf. I do like making the blocks.

A few little scraps goes a long way.

I'm glad to see Melissa and Dan are in. Anyone else? I only posted this morning, you do have until July 4th.

Sharon

o

Hi, thought I would stop by and visit. I find out Friday when the dr. will let me start lifting my sewing machine again and that will help determine whether or not I participate this month. Can you post a pic of your finished blocks Sharon?

o

I will sign up for one. I go for surgery on my eye on July 9th, but I can get one made before then so it will be ready to be mailed. Love the simple swaps!
Jeanne

o

Here are some pics of 4 blocks that I have gotten in 2 other swaps with another group. The ones we've done are themed. The top 2 are from a friend in Australia, the left is Valentine's day and the right is Christmas (notice Santa surfing on a cut-out of Australia?).
The bottom are Spring & Easter, made by Cindy (forget her GW name at the moment!).

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

There really is no wrong way to make these, and they are tons of fun! No seams to match up! Yay! :)

o

The dr. said I could start lifting my sewing machine - yeah! (so I can actually lift it out of its case on the floor and put it on my desk to use) Thanks Melissa for sharing pics - did "quiltpartner" aka Cindy make the 2 bottom blocks? My Omnigrid rulers that DH ordered for me came in the mail today and I am eager to put them to use, so sign me up to mail to 1 person. I have never made a crazy block, but looks like it could be fun learning something new. One of my great-grandmothers made crazy quilts so that makes this project a little more interesting to me.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Yes Sandra, I will send you some pictures tomorrow. I will have my husband send them by email. I don't know anything about posting pictures. Then if you want to post them you can.

I am learning the camera so maybe someday I'll learn to post pictures.

This is a lot of fun and I can use up more scraps for LWR. They were throwing this stuff away. What a waste. I'm a recycler from way back.

So far we have:
gmom-Sharon
hazelnutbunny-Melissa
dan_the_mailman-Dan
sandlapper_rose-Jeanne
quiltingfox-Sandra

We're off to a good start. Sandra I'm glad you can join us. How long has it been since you couldn't lift your machine?

Goodnight All
Sharon

o

Hi Sharon I have not been able to lift and use my sewing machine since mid-May.

Sharon if you have digital photos you can click "Browse" button above your text for your post by "Image file to upload (optional)" and that way you can upload photos directly from your computer to your GardenWeb post. This is a nice, new feature on the GardenWeb and you no longer have to use Photobucket to upload photos.

Also what does LWR stand for?

Best to you,
Sandra

o

LWR=Lutheran World Releaf. The Lutheran Churches makes quilts for disaster areas. They use them fur many things, tents, covers, wraping bodys for berual, and many other things. So we recycle any kind of cloth. My church tries to do 100 quilts a year and there is no filling inside.
I will check out this new thing for posting.
Sharon

o

Sharon I got your email with pics - thanks for sharing - they helped me figure out how to make mine. I made my first ever "Crazy" quilt block this afternoon, which I am going to keep. Will make one later this week for the swap. It is a fun project!!! :-) What size quilts do you make for your church's project? And how long does it usually take to make one? It took me a couple of hours or less to make my first block, but am thinking the 2nd block will go way faster. It's kind of cool to be making a type of quilt block that one of my great-grandmothers once made. :-) Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I'm having some "problems" making these blocks. Lol, yeah, right! My "problem" is that I can't seem to stop, I'm having so much fun! I set out to make a block this evening, and it's turning into a piece of fabric! I got into my scrap drawer, hauled out a handful of pieces, and started sewing. I'm making angled pieces, cutting my "block" in halves and inserting more strips, and just plain having fun! I think what I'm going to wind up doing is making a rather large piece of fabric, ironing it, then cutting a bunch of squares out of it. Solids, prints, florals, batiks, they're all making their way into it...lol! Sharon, I'm rapidly getting addicted, and even Stella has been giving me advice on which fabrics to use next!
Dan

o

Yes Dan, That is what happened to me. I would have 5-7 blocks in one piece before I start cutting. Then when I done with that piece I take the left over back to the sewig machine and add on more. NOTHING goes to waste.
FUN,FUN,FUN!
Hope the rest of you join in on the Fun. This is also something to teach a young person to use the machine.
gmom

o

Finished my block for the swap today. Most of my scrap fabric is rather small pieces so it was a challenge to use the same fabric no more than twice in one 12.5" block. This project has been great fun!!! Thanks for hosting this swap Sharon, I have really enjoyed this one!!! Hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July!!! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

So, this morning I was cutting strips to use in a quilt I'm currently working on (with Bump looking on in the role of "administration"), and I got an idea. I took a bunch of strips and wove them into a basketweave pattern, up and over each other. It looked pretty interesting, and would really be easy to sew together, just go along each side of each strip and the block would quilt itself. I'm going to have to play with this idea I think.

o

My blocks are made and cut out, now they just need to be embelished! yay for me!!!

o

Glad you mentioned that Dan, I need to embellish my block that I made for the swap. Will pick up some rik rak ribbon or whatever I can find in town later this week for it. :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Dan, how you can get anything done with Bump and Stella? They are so cute, I would have to sit and admire them all the time!

Jeanne

o

Actually Jeanne, we do things together! Sometimes they pick out the fabric I use in projects, they always help me open any packages that come into the house, and sometimes, just sometimes, they are content to simply sit back and watch. We do spend a lot of time together, but that's what makes me a happy man. I'm pretty jealous of my time with them. As I'm writing this, Bump is stretched out across the desk above the keyboard, and Stella is settling in for her early evening nap on her cat tree. I don't have to be awake for them, nor do they have to be awake for me. We simply like spending time together. The hard thing about it is trying to get her to understand that I've got some days off, and she doesn't need to wake me up at 6:05am. She's used to me waking up at 6am to go to work, and if I don't get up when I'm supposed to she tries to wake me up. If that doesn't work, she'll enlist Bump and they'll do all sorts of things to wake me up. It's easier to just get up, fix them their bowls of food, and start my day. I can always nap when they do, right?

I finished my blocks today, complete with bells and whistles, and they are now just waiting for me to find out where to send them to their forever homes.
Everyone take care, I'm going to go pop some corn and get my kindle out.

-Dan

o

okay, I've had my computer down for about 5 days and then Jeff decided to take me on an unexpected trip..as in, "hey, I'd like to go to the beach"
"Oh really, when?"
"how about we leave Thursday?"
that was on Tuesday night..we did go and had a lovely time!

Anyways, I still owe Sharon a block from last month. I don't think I can participate in this swap until I have that one done. I'll have it done this week but I may miss the 4th last day sign up for this one.

o

Linda, Isn't it nice to just take off without making all the plans?
Don't worry about the June block if you want to try July instead or I can fix so you can send both June & July to me at one time. If you really want to be part of the Crazy Patch just let me know. I am in no hurry for the blocks.

Tommorow I will post our partners.
Sharon

o

that would be awesome if I could send both at once! I'd love to be in this swap. I will do three. These sound like so much fun and I have a BIG bag of scraps!! Thanks! ((HUGS))

o

Hi Linda! Glad you could join us. (hugs)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Melissa, How many blocks would you like? 1,2,or 3?
Sharon

o

I've always wanted to try one of these blocks but I'm going to have to skip this month's swap. 1) I've just cut all my scraps up into neat 1" strips and sq and 2" squares. I thought being neat would be better:( 2) I just won the Lotto drawing and have 27 log cabin blocks heading my way to make into a quilt 3) I want to finish my wall hanging before the log cabin blocks start yelling at me to make them up.

I know all your blocks are going to be beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures.

Bev

o

Sharon, I just sent Melissa a note via facebook.
Dan

o

*sliding in, out of breath* WHEW!
Sorry!!
Sharon, I'll do 3. Or whatever works best for matching partners. I'm flexible! Just tell me what to do! :D

o

Here are your partners:
Sharon sends to: Melissa, Dan, Linda
Melissa " ": Dan, Linda, Sharon
Dan " ": Linda, Sharon, Melissa
Jeanne " ": Sandra
Sandra " ": Jeanne
Linda " ": Sharon, Melissa, Dan

I hope this is OK with everyone. Don't forget to embellish the blocks somehow. Lets try to get them out by
July 23.
Have fun
Sharon

o

Great to have the names! My block is ready so I just e-mailed Sandra so we will have mailing addresses for each other.
Thanks, Sharon.
Jeanne

o

Jeanne I got your email and sent you one back. I still need to embellish my block before I can mail it though. Hoping to pick up ribbon for that later this week. :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I'll be working on my blocks this weekend and have them out sometime next week. I'm looking forward to sewing again, it's been over a month! (gasp!) It's just hard for me to allow myself to take a time out for something I enjoy. I'm sure y'all can relate! :)

Hope everyone had a fun & safe holiday! Fireworks are banned here, due to the severe drought we're going through. There were a few cities that had professional displays, but we didn't get to go see any.
This year was a BAD year for accidents here. 4 children died yesterday, and there were several other severe injuries- one man had his hand blown off, and a teen is in critical condition after some fireworks blew up in his & his friend's face (his friend died!). It's been horrible! I honestly can't remember a year when we've had this many accidents in our area.

o

Cool, we have partners! I'll let you all know when mine go out, should be within the next couple of days.
Dan

o

Sharon, is the Millersburg address still good?

o

"chanting"..Partners..partners...YAY!!!

o

Dan and all, My address is Millersburg or Ocqueoc. They both have the same zip code and post office. If you post through the internet, you need to use Millersburg.
Thanks for asking.
Sharon

o

Hey Jeanne, sent you an email this afternoon with a quick question. :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I have Jeanne's package all ready to go, so will mail it next week. Sharon this has been a fun and inspiring project - thank you bunches for hosting this month. :-) Hope everyone has a great weekend! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Hi Dan, My address is still the same. Millersburg or Ocqueoc. Both have the same zip code. If you go by the internet you have to use Millersburg.

I'm glad you liked this project and maybe the next will be as rewarding.

Happy sewing and embellishing.
Sharon

o

Hi Dan, My address is still the same. Millersburg or Ocqueoc. Both have the same zip code. If you go by the internet you have to use Millersburg.

I'm glad you liked this project and maybe the next will be as rewarding.

Happy sewing and embellishing.
Sharon

o

well, I've made two blocks so far and they look more insane than crazy!,,LOL..think I'm going to go and look some up!

o

Linda, that means you're doing it the right way! Just go crazy! Lol!

I'm putting mine in their envelopes and getting them ready to go out with the mail tomorrow. Yayyy!

Dan

o

Dan, Linda & Sharon~ Your blocks are on their way! Had a forehead slapping moment while making the blocks....
I was sewing some buttons on them yesterday, and ended up sewing Sharon & Linda's together! LoL! I *thought* the fabric felt a bit thick! :o)
Oh, well...I had a good laugh. So did everyone else in the house.
Anyway...hope y'all enjoy them!

o

I received the beautiful block that Jeanne made for me this afternoon, while my hubby was out mailing the block I made for Jeanne. The block I made for Jeanne I embellished in a simple style as I really was not sure how to go about embellishing a block and my sewing machine does not have much in the way of decorative stitching. Having seen the awesome block that Jeanne embellished for me, I can use it as an example of how to do embellishing in the future, this has definitely been a learning curve project for me. And thank you Jeanne for the bookmark it will get lots of use! I am keeping you in my prayers that your surgery goes well! We got over 3 inches of rain today in central Louisiana and it's still raining off and on. Am thankful for this as we really needed the rain, it was so dry here over the 4th of July that we did not do fireworks this year. Attaching a pic of the beautiful block Jeanne made for me.

Best to you and many, many thanks,
Sandra

o

That block is purdy!

Now, someone throw some Phil Collins on the stereo, because my blocks for Sharon, Linda, & Melissa are all In the Air Tonight! (I love that song!)

o

Jeanne, how did the surgery go? Will you be able to sew right away or will there be recovery time?

Dan, here is a promised pic of my hot pink fence you requested. I love how it turned out. It takes me awhile to finally get around to getting things done, but I eventually do. LOL I have so many little projects in the wings, I'm trying to push and clear out the easy ones.

o

Bev, your hot pink fence and lilies are beautiful! I am currently embellishing a 2nd crazy quilt block for Jeanne that I hope to mail later this week. Am using the one she sent me as an example of how to embellish. I just had a mental block when it came to embellishing the first one and could not figure out what to do other than to sew on some rik rak ribbon, this 2nd block is looking a whole lot better and adding some glass beads to it. Hope you have a speedy recovery Jeanne!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

It sounds like everything is moving right along with these blocks.
Jeanne Your block looks great. Have you done this before?
I have the blocks done but need to set up my new machine to embellish. I want to use lace and stitches. I will be going to town on Thursday so maybe I can get them finished tomorrow.
Dan, I got you block today and you did a great job. Thank You.
Sandra, I love those flowers. Wish they were mine.
Time for bed.
Forgot....I have to bake my bread first.
gmom

o

Hi, everyone.
Still trying to get straight after my surgery. I sure won't be doing any sewing for awhile. Until late yesterday my vision was really bad in the eye that had surgery. As of today, it's a little clearer, but still not as good as it was before surgery. If I don't see improvement soon, you can bet I won't get the second eye done any time soon. The prescription drops are really stinging my eyes, too, and making them burn so today I am not a happy camper, but that's me - very impatient for things to get back to normal!
Love the pink fence, Bev. Very pretty!
Sandra, I'm sorry you decided you needed to make a different block for me. The first one hasn't arrived yet, but I know it will be just fine. You are right, I have decorative stitches on my machine, but I must confess, once the thread ran out, I couldn't rethread the machine so the embellishing stopped there! LOL
I think I've made 3 or 4 crazy quilt blocks before this one. One was using the second fabric behind it and I really don't like to do that. I also did one that used paper piecing. My favorite version is to just add fabrics as you go along like we did for this swap.
We've had rain the past two days which was great. I have to stay away from any dirt until my eye totally heals. I've decided if I have to stay away from the garden, "stay away from dirt" includes stay away from house cleaning!
Jeanne

o

Jeanne, I'm sure your doctor would agree about the house cleaning! LOL I think just the excuse of, "my eye is stinging", should also work.

o

Jeanna, I'm with Bev, that's a perfect excuse! I hope you heal fast and get to feeling better soon!

Bev, I think that fence is just so kewl! You crazy-quilted in the middle of your garden, and it's beautiful! Bravo! Bravo!

Sharon, I'm glad you liked your block. I had a lot of fun making these! To make things even more interesting, when I was making those cards up I folded the blocks and inserted them into the envelopes, not knowing who each block was going to...lol! I couldn't decide which one should go to which person, and they were all different, just like you, Linda, and Melissa! Which one did you receive? I can post pix of all 3 once Linda and Melissa have received theirs. I don't want to do it yet so they won't know what's coming their way...lol!

Y'know, I liked this swap so much, I'm going to steal the idea and use it in September! That's right everyone, if you want to prepare for the September swap, we're gonna trade crazy blocks again, and we'll have from 1-3 partners again. (Isn't there some kind of saying about imitation being the best form of flattery? LOL!)

Okay, it's off to water my gardens!

o

I received my block from Dan today! It's very crazy & unique....just like Dan! :) Love it..Thank you!

o

I received Sandra's block today... and Sandra, I knew it, it is totally fine as you sent it - the colors and rick rack make it look crazy to me! I will try to post a picture of both once the second one arrives. Sandra also sent some postage stamp size pieces of fabric. Wow, these are small! Not that I don't appreicate them, but I am thinking they may go into my card making supplies. I can't imagine how many it would take to make a quilt! Sandra also sent some wonderful seeds and a nice card. The seeds are pink rain lily, orange cosmos, pink hibiscus, and orange red cosmos. All sound great to me!

Thanks for everything, Sandra.

Jeanne

o

Am playing the waiting game as hubby is still in surgery. Hope you have a good and quick recovery from your surgery Jeanne. Glad you liked the block I made and what I sent Jeanne. I really had fun embellishing this 2nd block for you and I know you are going to love! Will try to get it mailed out soon hopefully either this week or next week. It is raining a lot lately and I don't like to drive in the rain as we have heavy downpours at times, rained over 2" this morning. Thankful and glad to have the rain though. Well back to the waiting game.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Friday night, and I've got the next 2 days off, wahoo! And, just to make my day even better, my block from Melissa arrived today! YIPPEE!!! (can you tell I like it?) Here's what it looks like...
Photobucket
Our favorite little bunny obviously remembers how much I like the lake/seashore, doesn't she? Those little houses on the docks in the center remind me of a local place I like to go called Fishtown. There are about a dozen or so little shops and restaurants tucked away on a couple of piers, just off of Lake Michigan, and I love going there. It's a little bit of a drive, but it always makes for a great day, and that center piece of fabric looks almost exactly like Fishtown. And do you see the row of tulips Melissa grew for me in the upper righthand section?
Melissa, once again you've shown your creativity, and I'm proud to have this block, I love it! THANK YOU!!! Hugs & Squishes to you too! And, lest I forget, Bump & Stella approve so much they've both attempted to steal this block away from me...lol!
===========================================================

Linda should've received her block by now, so I think it's safe to post pictures of the blocks I sent out. If you 3 ladies would be so kind, let me know who received which one, would you? Thanks!
HUGAS to all!!!
Dan

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Glad you liked it, Dan! :) I had fun making it for you. I tried to add fabrics & things (like the lake & flowers) that reminded me of you. ;)
The block I received from you is the top one with the ribbons. You're right, they are all very unique! I like all of them. You did the right thing by surprise mailing them....I couldn't possibly choose one, either!

o

Those are beautiful blocks ya'll! Love seeing the pics of them! Jeanne I mailed you a 2nd block today which I had fun embellishing so hoping you love it, my mom loved it when she saw it, and I think it will be my inspiration for making a scrap quilt. :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

okay, sorry I'm a bit behind on posting, I received dan's and Melissa's yesterday. My daughter, her fiance and Lexie are going to be moving into our house to live with us within two weeks or so, it's been quite a stressful situation to deal with. Anyways....
Dan's block he posted a pic of the block he sent me...it has a lovely butterfly on it.
Melissa's has a button heart an a little butterfly on hers too..both are really lovely.
I do have mine made, I just have to embelish them tomorrow.

Im a bit crazy right now because my daughter has asked to move back in with us..only it's her, her fiance and Lexie..."sigh"..we'll letting them but there is some major shifting around of things and rooms..but we'll get through it, I'm sure.

o

Sandra, I hope your husband's surgery went well. Thinking of you!
Jeanne

o

Thank you Jeanne. His surgery went well and he is doing good so far. Spent today at the hospital with him and his sister is staying at the hospital tonight. Hoping he gets to come home early next week. Hoping your recovery is going well Jeanne. Linda it will all work itself out.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

The blocks will be in tomorrow's mail, all I have left to do is the decorative stitching..and Sharon's extra block from last month.
Tomorrow I"m making the bouquet, buttonaires and corsages for sara's wedding on friday..oh, and her veil!

o

for some strange reason, I've been hearing the theme from "The Waltons" since reading Lindas posts. I wish I was there to help, Linda!

The Waltons Pictures, Images and Photos

o

LOL... I loved watching The Waltons.

Sandra,
I received the second block that you sent. It is incredibly beautiful. I took pictures but haven't transferred them from my camera yet. I'll be sure to post them.
Thanks again,
Jeanne

o

the blocks went out in the mailbox today. Sharon, I sent you last month's along with it. Thanks everyone for being so patient with me! ((HUGS))

o

I'm finally getting the blocks from Sandra pictured on here. I don't think I can add 2 pictures to one post so I will do them one after the other. This is the first one I received.

Jeanne

o

Lol, I recognize that green pond piece! In fact, I've still got some in my scrap drawer, would you believe it?

o

Here's the second one. Sorry I didn't take time to press them before taking pictures. You know how they arrive after being folded and mailed. I haven't had my iron out lately. Too hot for that!
Thanks again, Sandra! I especially love the fabricin the centers.

Jeanne

o

I love watching the Waltons too! Just watched them today. :-) Jeanne I am so glad you like the blocks! I like how the beading turned out on the 2nd one. Yes Dan those Lily Pond centers are the charms you sent me in one of last year's swaps. They are so beautiful that I got a friend of mine in Dallas to shop for me some and she got me 5 yards of it and it is in the dryer now. So hoping to put it to use this week. :-) Here is a close up on the beading in the center of the 2nd block I made for Jeanne. :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

You took a much better picture showing the center than I did. The beadwork is wonderful!

Jeanne

o

Thank you bunches Jeanne! :-) I took close-up pics of the 2nd block so I can use it as an example of how to make future "crazy" blocks that I want to make for a quilt. I had the most fun doing the beading - it is very relaxing when I hand-sew things. Just finished cutting out 30 5" squares of the Pond Lily fabric for the centers of the next crazy blocks I am going to make and it only took about 1 yard of fabric to do that, so thankfully I have a little left over for other projects.

I am off to start cutting fabric for the borders on my Grandma's queen-size quilt. Hopefully will at least get a good start on that as may have company later this afternoon/evening.

Best to you and many thanks,
Sandra

o

My block from Linda arrived today, and it just so cool! Very crazy-looking, sort of like her life has been for the past few weeks. I was looking at, turning it this way and that way, and then I turned it this way, which makes that brown patch in the middle pop out and look like a doorway, doesn't it? Remember in the original Twilight Zone, in the opening titles where that crazy doorway opens up and the hallway stretches back into infinity? This block reminds me of that, so I'm calling it Linda's Twilight Zone block. Lol, it's got me thinking about how to make a Twilight Zone themed lap quilt! Last week I discovered a site which allows you to design your own fabric, www.spoonflower.com, and I'm thinking that, if I used some images from the show itself, I could put Linda's block in the middle of it all, and have myself a quilt!
Linda, Thank You!!! You've inspired me again!
Dan

o

I'm back after a week long trip to Wisconsin and Seney National Wildlife Refuge in Michigan. My other half is big in photography. All trips center around that.
Melissa, your block is wonderful. I love it. Thank You. My blocks are ready to go into the mail as soon as I can get to town. Hopefully on Monday. My blocks are not as fancy as Sandra's, but ok.
Thanks to all of you who were part of this trade. I hope yo'll learned something along way.
Nite all.
Sharon

o

I told you they were insane looking!!...LOL!!

o

Sharon, my first block was simple. It took seeing Jeanne's beautiful block before I could figure out how to go about embellishing. So thankfully the 2nd block I made turned out much better than the first. Thank you for hosting this swap Sharon, I have been learning a lot from this "crazy" quilt block project and having a lot of fun with it. And this swap has inspired me to make a "crazy" quilt using 12.5" unfinished blocks with Lily Pond centers which I want to do beading on. I have the Lily Pond centers cut out. Now I just need to finish the border on my Grandma's quilt and prep it for hand quilting the layers together and then can spend more time on my "crazy" quilt.

Best to you and many thanks,
Sandra

o

I posted a link below for my Grandma's quilt that I am hand-quilting right now that I am using my 2011 Seeds-N-Stitches garden-themed blocks in. I have a photo of it posted at the link below. Thanks to all of you who helped make blocks for it!

Best to you,
Sandra

Here is a link that might be useful: My S-N-S Quilt for my Grandma

o

I received Sharon's block and it's lovely! I loved all the crazy stitching! Thanks so much! ((HUG))

o

I received blocks from Linda & Sharon today! Both are great, I love them! They will go so well with the others I've got.
Thank you, Ladies!!

o

And Sharon's block makes 3! It's fantastic, and it's going into one of my s-n-s quilts! Would you believe I have enough blocks to make 2-3 tops, depending on their size? Thank you one and all!!!
Dan

o

That is everybody recieving there blocks. So I'm closing this trade. Thanks to all that played. I hope a few things were learned here. I like learning new things and this one took a long time to get into my head. But now that it is there I will be using it more often.
Thanks to all
Sharon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here