Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

Sharing June Pictures - Part 1

sandlapper_rose
15 years ago

Here are a few more pictures. I sure love having a digital camera - never would be taking all these pictures if it meant using film. LOL

Masked Phantom Daylily - I absolutely love this flower, but the plant doesn't seem to be increasing in size like some of my other daylilies. I have had it about 2 years. Maybe it is a slow starter.

Candytuft - I winter sowed these this past winter.

{{gwi:1277783}}

Hydrangea - Supposedly Sister Theresa. However, when I bought this one there was a Sister Theresa next to it and the flowers on that one were completely white so I am not sure this was tagged correctly.

Is this Echinacea 'White Swan'? I winter sowed the seeds two years ago. This is the first time it is blooming. Can't find a tag!

That's it for today. We are getting temps in the 90s and very sunny - that means I spend my mornings and evenings watering. Need to get some other things done.

Have a good day!

Jeanne

Comments (30)

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Jeanne, beautiful pictures! I love my digi for the same reasons! I still have a bag of film to develop from my old 35mm! lol! I think that may be white swan but it needs to open up a bit more to tell for sure. The center of the cone should have a bit of orange to it and the petals should have slightly rounded sides with a serated tip. I ws'd these this year and now feel a bit more confident since your's is blooming so nicely for the second year. I just planted mine out 1 week ago. They germinated very well for me.

Tracy

• beth_b_kodiak
    15 years ago

Jeanne, those are beautiful pictures. I sure do miss the daylilies but I don't miss the heat and humidity one bit.

Guess it's a fair trade off.

We are having some snow again but it is mostly melting as it touches the ground. temp is about 34 but colder as you travel up the peaks

I'll be happy if this "spring weather" here on CO lasts until August.
    Meanwhile, I'll keep enjoying the photos of everyone's flowers
    BB

• wynative
    15 years ago

We have had a steady rain falling for the last 2 days. During one of the 'lighter' times last night - I went to take a quick peek at my plants -just before sunset, the sun broke through the clouds - and this is what greeted me on the south end of my house:
    GOD'S Promise!!
    {{gwi:1269232}}

Purple Iris
    {{gwi:1277788}}

Beth - We had snow in the mountains here yesterday, also ~ weird for so many places getting snow this time of year... I really like you Deer - nice picture!

Marie

• ravenwv
    15 years ago

Hello everyone!!

I'm fairly new around here and just planted my first garden this year with lots of help ...

This week, I've got my first blooms from the things I've planted and I can't tell you how excited I am!!

Siberian Iris bloomed a couple weeks ago

My sundrops have bloomed

Nasturtium variegated has bloomed in the pot..the ones in the ground haven't yet

{{gwi:227399}}

Phlox bright eyes is getting something

Brazilian Verbena is getting close

And my corkscrew willow cuttings are showing new growth!

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Jeanne,
    That is a pretty daylily. I don't remember if my White Swan petals start off so thin. They are definitely thicker once the plant is in full bloom.

Beth,
    Nice pics! Now, I'm the opposite, I'm glad the snow is long gone.

Marie,
    Great shot of the rainbow.

Raven,
    It sure is exciting isn't it : )
    You got a very pretty iris there.

Here's a few new one's from me.
    This is an iris from Gottagarden that is blooming for the first time.

My Blue Barlow columbine is blooming. The veronica Royal Blue is starting.

I winter sowed Oyster Plant last year. It is blooming now.

I know there's a lot of Hosta lovers out there, so here's June with English Bluebells.

Remy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Remy, I love your Oyster Flower! I just received June in a trade and am very excited to have it! Yippee! Your Blue Barlow is beautiful too! Did you ws those last year too?

Nikki, I am so excited that you are getting your buds and blooms. I keep running outside each day and snapping new pictures of what is coming next. Your Sundrops are so bright and happy. Like a lil bit o sunshine!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ravenwv, thanks for sharing your pictures and the others also. I took another picture of White Swan today and I think that is what it is. Mostly I wanted to get a picture of all of the Swallowtail butterflies that were on my yellow-gold lantana when I went outside this morning. I don't even usually get intrigued by butterlies, but there were so many of them and they were really pretty on those bright flowers. Of course, by the time I got my camera they were gone. I did take some other pictures and will share soon. I haven't put them on the computer yet.
    Hot, hot, hot here!!!
    Jeanne

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Everyone seems to have lots of pretty purples now. I especially like Jeanne's Masked Phantom Daylily and raven's pretty Siberian Iris.
    Marie's rainbow is lovely!
    Remy, that is a stunning Bearded Iris!
    I don't have time to post photos today, but I am glad I got a chance to peek in-wonderful stuff!

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Love your flowers everyone! Here is a few more of mine.

Are these painted daisys blooming?
    {{gwi:1277796}}
    Iris 'From a Distance' Just opened today

Allium 'Persian Blue'
    {{gwi:1277798}}
    Are these pink buttercups?

2007 wintersown Columbine

Iris noid

More noid Iris

Another 2007 wintersown Columbine
    {{gwi:1277803}}

Yesterday and last night we had so much rain, and today the wind is so bad, its about laying some of my flowers out!
    Have a great day!
    Karen

• wynative
    15 years ago

My sister was walking her dogs and found this Coyote Pup - cute, huh? :)

{{gwi:1277804}}

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Ohhh, he's adorable! Nice little home he has there!

Karen

• galium
    15 years ago

I'm enjoying everyone's pictures!!

Jeanne-This is my Echinacea 'White Swan' I took the photo last year. Petals seem a little wider than yours. Wait and see what your other blooms look like.

This is part of my backyard near the house.

Siberian Iris

Red Valerian

Geranium 'Johnson's Blue'

The temp. is suppose to go up to 97 tomorrow and Sunday. Unbelievable!!!
    Mariann

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ohhh i love all the pics!! they are so beautiful!! and the baby coyotte!! ohhh he's just adorable!! :'))

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Karen, your flowers are beautiful! Is that Splish Splash Columbine with the little dots of color on the petals? It is so cute! Are your buttercups maybe some type of primrose?

Marie, your coyote pup is gone! I missed it...:o(

Mariann, Your Johnson's Blue is so pretty! Geraniums are one of my new favorites.

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Mariann, I like your red valerian! I've tried wintersowing this, but with no luck. I'll keep trying though!

Tracy, I had that columbine marked as either purple or purple and white. That is what the package was marked. I received it in a seed swap. I have another one very similar to that, but with out the flecks, and then I ended up with the dark purple and white, and a wine color and white. So it was a nice surprise to get 4 different kinds instead of 2!

I'm not sure what those primrose/buttercups are! I almost pulled them, thinking it was a weed! I had received some fall bulbs, some crocus, alliium, pink buttercups, and mediterranian (sp) bells, and just thought maybe it was the buttercups, although I don't remeber planting any tiny tiny bulbs. So I just don't know where it came from!

I still see the coyote pup!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay, here are a few more.

This is what I think is White Swan. It has opened more.

A white lily that just opened. Hopefully I have the tag for it buried nearby. It was a named lily.

A spider daylily (again, I should have a name... I think it is something like Red Ribbons)
    {{gwi:1277817}}

Pumpkin Pie Spice Daylily (Can you believe I actually know the name of one!!!)

A Pink Poppy that I wintersowed from someone who shared seeds with me - thanks, whoever it was!

An unknown daylily

Thanks for continuing to share. I love looking at the pictures.
    Jeanne

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Oh yay! The coyote pup is back, I can see him now. He is so sweet!

Karen, you really got a good batch with that seed trade! Lucky girl. They are all beautiful!

Jeanne, I think you are right, that is definitely looking more like a White Swan since it has opened up more. The eye and leaf look spot on to me. I love your pink poppy!

• MimiB1
    15 years ago

Wow!!! All of your flowers are absolutely fabulous! Beth & Marie, we here in my neck of the woods are sweltering in the 90's with no rain in sight to cool us off so enjoy those cooler temps. My gardens have been beautiful up to this point but are suffering right now. Glad to see so many pretty pics posted. It brightens my day to look at them.
    Brenda

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i sure hope that our buttercups bud soon and i hope they are pink, talla would absolutely LOVE that!! her being into pink and all, and her fairies i'm sure would love that!! :')) WOW Jeanne your flowers are so beautifull!! :')) i can't wait till the 3 years so mine will bud, since all mine are winter sown. (the daylilys)

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Medontdo, of course I only take pictures of the flowers that are pretty that day... LOL...sometimes with this heat and how dry it is, they are only pretty for one day. That really is too bad after how long we wait for the plant to grow and the bud to open. My roses that were beautiful in May are looking like puny shrubs at this point.
    Anyway, that winter sowing will pay off for you and sometimes they bloom quicker than you expect so hang in there! If it stays hot and dry like this, I may not see a lot more blossoms until Fall. The GardenWeb pictures will have to be my "flower fix."
    Jeanne

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

I thought I would share some of my clematis blooms that have started to pop for me so far.

Westerplatte
    {{gwi:605575}}

Killian Donahue (I think?)
    {{gwi:605587}}

Josephine
    {{gwi:605578}}

Proteus
    {{gwi:605580}}

Close up of Proteus
    {{gwi:605583}}

Tracy

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Tracy, you are quite the Clematis collector! Proteus is fantastic!

Aristolochia fimbriata (Thanks for the seeds, karyn1)

Daylily, Emerald Splendor

Double Lily, Elodie

Red Papaver somniferum (also seed from a GW member, thanks!)

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I love the daylilies & clematis. I'm not lucky enough to have any clematis yet, but I've got my eye on one that I'm willing to beg for. LOL :O)

Here are a few from my garden this week, mostly roses (of course) but a few of my daylilies are starting to bloom as well.

Black hollyhock

Un-named lavender rose

Un-named orange

Un-named pink

Fushia

Mini rose- Rowdy Roy

"Tang"

• diene
    15 years ago

Good Morning All;
    Tracy the clematis are great!! Poison that first one is very unique, does it have a regular name?
    orange iris

poppy

tall deep purple

Brown Iris

Weigelia

Hope everyone has a great day.
    diene

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Jeanne, I love the pumpkin pie spice. It's beautiful.

I have 2 new daylilies opened up this morning....and a bit of a warning tale to tell, as well. The first is an unknown red, which was correct in what the lady told me it'd be.

Now...THIS one....was SUPPOSED to be "Storm of the Century". As you can see, it is very clearly NOT. It resembles a ditch lily, but the edges are ruffled a bit, and the bloom is much larger, and the fans are MUCH shorter. (I compared it to the ditch lilies I have blooming on the other side of the house, they're not the same). So, while it's pretty, the person I traded with was mistaken about it, She stated that she had just bought it online & would share with me. I should have been warned by the fact that "Storm of the Century" is a relatively new daylily. OH well. Live & learn! LOL
    I can say that the lady I traded with IS NOT in the RR swaps. She isn't well known, as far as I can tell.
    Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up, what you trade for isn't always what you get. :O)

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Poison, is the Aristolochia fimbriata a carnivorous? I love the formation.

Melissa, the roses are beautiful. I wish I had better luck with them.

Diene, I love the brown iris. Whoever thought browns could be so beautiful?

White Geranium

Tiny Monsters Geranium

My Black Iris taken in the evening with a flash really picked up a lot of color.

Same Iris during the day w/o flash

Keylime Heuchera in Bloom

Achilea

Some columbine that I received from Micyrey. Thanks Michelle! They are so pretty!

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

I love all of the iris and daylily photos!
    Bunny your black Hollyhock looks great and Tracy's black iris does too. They could inspire a dark theme bed.
    Diene, I am a big fan of Weigelia; yours is very pretty. I also love your brown iris.
    You asked about the Aristolochia fimbriata. I know the genus is sometimes collectively referred to as the birthworts, and some of the species are called Dutchman's pipe. Mine is not as impressive a plant as the larger species and may not rate that name.
    Tracy, it is not a carnivore but it acts like one, using the same tricks of fragrance and flower form to lure and trap flys. The flys are released after pollination.

Lost tag Lily

Royal Palace Lily

Daylily, Untamed Glory

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I love walking through everyone's flower beds with my morning coffee! It's wonderful!
    Poison~ I do believe, it doesn't matter WHAT you grow...it all looks lovely! I've never seen anyone with a greener thumb! :O)

Here are some new ones from my garden this morning:

Wind Frills (received from Melinda last year!)

Siloam Royalty (also received from Melinda! Isn't she wonderful?)

Unknown lily (bought at Lowe's for 50cents last year!)

Here is that same unknown orange lily (right), with a ditch lily held up to it (left). Hubby doesn't believe that they are different (probably because they are both orange?!), so I wanted to get a second opinion, that YES, INDEED they are different. LOL

• wynative
    15 years ago

Madame De Verneville
    {{gwi:1277883}}
    This is her first year to bloom - I hope that in the future there is more red splash's

Ruth Cobb
    {{gwi:1277885}}

Daisy
    {{gwi:1277887}}

Bumble Bee on one of my hanging plants
    {{gwi:1269236}}

A friends new puppies!
    Curly Bill
    {{gwi:1277889}}

and no name yet but just toooo cute!
    {{gwi:1277890}}

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

This was slow to load so I'm glad a new one was started, but I wanted to comment on the pics.

Karen,
    I love your columbines!

Marie,
    The coyote pup pic is too cool! The other puppies are adorable, but now I realize they are a friend's not yours.

Marianne,
    I like your backyard shot. You did a great job on that area.

Jeanne,
    I love that Red Ribbons? daylily. I don't know why I love the spiders, but I do.

Tracy,
    Your clematis is looking great! I'm going to post some of mine on the other post for you.
    I did not WS the columbine, but I will have seeds of it if you want some to sow. It starts blooming before the others so it should come true.
    Your Key Lime looks so good. I have the worst time with most heucheras.

Alana,
    That Aristolochia fimbriata is really odd looking in a good way, lol.
    Your unknown Asiatic looks like 'Sorbet'.

Melissa,
    You hubby is going crazy if he thinks those two daylilies are the same. It would be like saying two of you children are the same because they have blonde hair and blue eyes, lol. They may look similar, but not the same : )
    Good deal on the 50 cent lily!
    Remy