Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new ~~herbs~~ white elephant swap

Posted by nataliexoxo 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 4, 09 at 10:39

I am hosting my 1st RR swap!

This swap will be as follows:
Everyone that participates will list the items they will be sending in their swap box. It can be seeds, cuttings or rooted plants.
I will then put all the names of everyone participating into a hat and draw from the names. I will then list the names in the order that they will get to choose a swap box by. The first name will pick the box they would like to receive. The second name can then choose another box or take the box the first person chose and so on from there.
If your box is taken from you, you will then choose another box from the list. This continues until everyone has chosen a box.
Please sign up by Sunday, July 5th.

This is a great way to add to your herb collection and maybe get something you have really been after!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new ~~herbs~~ white elephant swap

Could you post a list of herbs that we can send? I get so confused on what can be and is considered herbs!
ALSO, how many items would need to be included to make it fair for everyone who may participate?
Thanks,
Fran

o

Let's say 5 items minimum. If you want to add more feel free.
I didn't even think about the what is considered an herb or not...

Just post what you want to offer in your box and if anyone has any questions they can post here for clarification.

o

I would like to join

o
to tiffanyy

ok tiffanyy just post what you are going to put in your box as soon as you can please.

o
List of herbs to consider trading...

In case you aren't sure what to send... I found this list online of herbs... Trade with these and feel free to trade with variations of these - ie apple mint, curly parsley, hot and spicy oregano etc...

A
Allspice (Pimenta dioica)
Amchur - mango powder (Mangifera)
Angelica (Angelica archangelica)
Anise (Pimpinella anisum)
Aniseed myrtle (Syzygium anisatum)
Annatto (Bixa orellana L.)
Apple mint (Mentha suaveolens)
Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris)
] B
Basil (Ocimum basilicum)
Bay leaves
Black cardamom
Black cumin
Black lime, lime fruit boiled in salt and dried
Blue-leaved mallee (Eucalyptus polybractea)
Bog Labrador tea (Rhododendron groenlandicum)
Bolivian Coriander (Porophyllum ruderale)
Borage (Borago officinalis)
] C
Calendula
Calumba (Jateorhiza calumba)
Cananga Also known as 'Kenanga' in Malaysia.
Chamomile
Candle nut
Caper (Capparis spinosa)
Caraway
Cardamom
Carob Pod
Catnip
Cat's Claw
Catsear
Cayenne pepper
Celastrus paniculatus (peng)
Celery salt
Celery seed
Centaury
Chervil (Anthriscus cerefolium)
Chickweed
Chicory (Cichorium
Chilli pepper
Chipotle
Chives (Allium schoenoprasum)
Cicely (Myrrhis odorata)
Cilantro (see Coriander) (Coriandrum sativum)
Cinnamon
Cinnamon Myrtle (Backhousia myrtifolia)
Clary (Salvia sclarea)
Cleavers
Clover
Cloves
Coffee
Comfrey
Common Rue
Coriander
Cow Parsley (Anthriscus sylvestris)
Cramp Bark (Viburnum opulus)
Cress
Cuban Oregano (Plectranthus amboinicus)
Culantro (Eryngium foetidum)
Cumin
Curry leaf (Murraya koenigii)
] D
Dill seed
Dill (Anethum graveolens)
Dorrigo Pepper (Tasmannia stipitata)
] E
Echinacea -
Edelweiss
Elderberry
Elderflower
Ephedra -
Eucalyptus
Eyebright
] F
Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare)
Fenugreek
Feverfew
Figwort
Fingerroot (Boesenbergia rotunda)
French sorrel (Rumex scutatus)
Fumitory
] G
Garden cress
Garlic chives
Garlic
Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
Ginkgo biloba
Ginseng
Ginseng, Siberian (Eleutherococcus senticosus)
] H
Hops, the female flower cones of hop (Humulus lupulus)
Horehound
Horseradish
Horsetail (Equisetum telmateia)
Hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis)
] I
Imli (Tamarind)
[ J
Jasmine
Juniper
] L
Labrador tea
Lady's Bedstraw (Galium verum)
Lady's Mantle (Alchemilla)
Land cress
Lavender (Lavandula spp.)
Ledum
Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis)
Lemon basil
Lemongrass
Lemon Ironbark (Eucalyptus staigeriana)
Lemon mint
Lemon Myrtle (Backhousia citriodora)
Lemon Thyme
Lemon verbena (Lippia citriodora)
Licorice - adaptogen
Lime Flower
Limnophila aromatica
Linseed
Liquorice
Long pepper
Lovage (Levisticum officinale)

] M
Mace
Marjoram (Origanum majorana)
Marrubium vulgare (white horehound)
Marsh Labrador Tea
Marshmallow
Mastic
Meadowsweet (Filipendula vulgaris)
Mexican pepperleaf (Piper auritum)
Mint (Mentha spp.) - any types/flavors
Bergamot (Monarda didyma)
Mustard
Mustard seed
] N
Nepeta (catmint)
Nettle (Urtica)
Nigella sativa (Kalonji, Black caraway)
Nutmeg (and Mace)
] O
Oregano (Origanum vulgare, O. heracleoticum, and other species)
Olive Leaf (used in tea and as herbal supplement)
] P
Paprika
Paracress
Parsley (Petroselinum crispum)
Passion Flower (Passiflora)
Patchouli
Pennyroyal (Mentha pulegoides)
Pepper (black, white, and green)
Peppermint (Mentha piperata)

] R
Roman chamomile
Rooibos
Rosehips
Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)

] S
Safflower
Saffron
Sage (Salvia officinalis)
Saigon Cinnamon
St John's Wort (Hypericum)
Salad Burnet (Sanguisorba minor)
Salvia (clary and sage)
Sassafras
Savory (Summer savory, Satureja hortensis, and winter savory, S. montana)
Sorrel (Rumex acetosa, R. acetosella, R. scutatus)
Spearmint
Star anise
Stevia
Summer savory (Satureja hortensis)
Sweet grass
Sweet cicely (Myrrhis odorata)
Sweet woodruff
] T
Tamarind
Tarragon (Artemisia dracunculus)
Thai basil
Thyme
Turmeric (Curcuma longa)

] V
Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia)
Vietnamese Coriander (Persicaria odorata)
] W
Wasabi (Wasabia japonica)
Watercress (Rorippa nasturtium-aquatica)
Wild ginger
Wild Lettuce
Wild thyme
Winter savory (Satureja montana)
Witch Hazel (Hamamelis)

] Y
Yarrow, (Alchemilla millefolium)

o

OOO definately count me in! Can we stipulate that a box can only be stolen so many times per round (like say 3 times)? I was once in a holiday swap that had 45ish people and no stealing limits... it lasted forever! Other than that Im ridiculously excited!
~Laura

o

GAH! Why must you alert me to these things?! I have too many seeds as is! LOL.
I'll look through my stuff and see if I have enough to trade. I'll get back to you. =)

Abby

o

So is it sad that I already have half my box (non-perishables) put together? Please tell me Im not the only one who does this! :)
~Laura

o

Thanks for the invitation, unfortunately I have a crazy schedule this season and have already gotten rid of all of my surplus herbs (plants/seedlings/seeds) this year.

Perhaps this will be changed in the fall

Frances

o

Ok so far we have the following participants

me- nataliexoxo
ncgardengirl
tiffanyy808
lilangel181

Would love to add more names!

o

Sorry, Natalie, I can't play right now, am still in "limbo" with my moving process. I also lean more to straight seed swaps - the RR's and box type things are too complicated for me, LOL.

o

Count me in! I love my herbs and would love to participate.

o

me- nataliexoxo
ncgardengirl
tiffanyy808
lilangel181
aliciay

And I am going to reveal the contents of my box...

I'll be sending...

Peppermint, Apple Mint, Orange Mint, Chocolate Mint, Julep Mint/Mojito Mint, Hot and Spicy Oregano and Cinnamon Basil.

Don't forget to post what you are going to have in your box.

o

Natalie, I think I want your box! :)
Ill be sending an herb beginner pack with the following seeds:
cilantro, greek oregano, verigated society garlic, lemon balm, dill, flat leaf parsley, sweet basil, chives, feverfew "selma star", and bee balm "violet queen". Ill also send some plant labels and possibly a few herb-ish goodies!

Hopefully these boxes entice more people to join!
~Laura

o

OK I am an herb addict, sign me up. I will send:
banana mint,pear mint,chocolate mint,lemon balm(cuttings),single leaf parsley,and lemon verbena(cuttings)and dried lavender buds. May add more before deadline.
Thanks,
Lana

o

I'm lurking.

When will boxes actually be shipped? (I have vacation planned in July.)

o

Very nice everyone!

Here's my package list:
Dill, sweet basil, chamomile, chives, organic lavender, curled parsley, rosemary (cutting) and probably add more.

I'll post a new list when I've got it all figured out.

o

Glad to see we got a few more people on board. Deadline to join is July 5th. After that I will draw names and that will be the order the boxes will be picked in. From there I assume it will take a few days for everyone to pick and steal and re-pick what boxes they want.

After that the person sending the box out will be given the winners address to ship to. I am estimating the end of July the boxes should start going out. It's only an estimate.

I will PM everyone to get addresses on the 5th or so.

o

Natalie,
I hate to but I am going to have to decline, as much as I love herbs I was hoping to get some new plants but I think I will just work on the non herb plants I have and start an herb garden later on.
Sorry bout that, but it will be really hot here too and I was really looking for plant material instead of seeds I have enough of those and I didn't realize you had posted that boxes could include seeds and cuttings, I am not good with cuttings and have too many seeds to deal with at the moment.

You all have fun I am sure you will. Sorry I will be missing it.

:) Fran

o

I have never done a RR. before, but I'd love to join this one.Just let me know what all I need to do. I've read all the others messages and I know I have to sent in a list of what I have to sent, I can do that, Do I need to do it now or wait? This sounds like fun and a way to get some different herbs
Maryann

o

Maryann, if you already know what youll be sending in feel free to post it now. If you arent sure yet, dont worry you have some time.
~Laura

o

I'll join in if everyone doesn't mind that I won't be able to mail until the last week of July.

Also, I won't be posting the items in my box until around the first of July.

If you're OK with my schedule, I would love to participate.

Thanks,
Amelia

o
who's in now

me- nataliexoxo
amelia pepper lady
tiffanyy808
lilangel181
aliciay

o

Would anyone mind if I changed the contents of my box? I just realized that if youre trading herbs then you probably have all the basics! :) What kinds of things would yall like to see? Especially any lurkers out there, what would entice you to join too??
~Laura

o
RE: lilangel

go right ahead and change it up

o

A couple of questions and a suggestion....

Do we have enough participants to hold this swap?

Was a limit on the number of "steals" set? (I also think that is a good idea.)

Suggestion: Post the contents just before the selections begin. This would just make it easier than scrolling through the posts. The ID for each box could be the preparer's GW name or an assigned letter or number.

I'm a little OCD and have already started a spreadsheet of box contents. I don't know if a listing in one post would help anyone else. Just thought I would bring it up.

o
RE: amelia pepper

hi amelia, yes we have enough people to have the swap.
you can only steal a box once (per person) per turn so i don't think we need to make a limit.

i will post the contents of each box and it's respective # when the deadline to join hits.
that way when i draw names and assign the picking order person #1 can say i'll take box #4, picker #2 can say i'll steal box #4 or take #5 and so on...

o

OK OK, I want to play, I only have basics (I think) I will have to dbl check!

Maryann Paradise
(a differentMaryann)

o

Hi Natalie,
Well, I've been lurking, as you know. It looks like we have participants who are experienced with herbs. So I guess I'm ready to commit - Sign me up! I have quite a few things I can put together in a box, including cuttings and some winter sown seedlings that are doing quite well. Some of these are culinary and some are medicinal, and of course, some serve dual purposes, including acting quite ornamental in the flower beds.

I'll start getting my list together.
Sue

o

All right, my new and improved box!!! I think I got carried away...

Seeds:
dill, cilantro, greek oregano, soapwort, toothache plant, white swan echinacea, echinacea tennesseensis, bee balm "violet queen", agastache "golden jubilee", verigated society garlic, lime basil, lemon balm, and feverfew "selma star"
other:
dried lavender petals (aroma therapy), bay leaves (cooking), and Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea (10 teabags EACH of "chai chocolate caramel enchantment" and peppermint)

~Laura

o

nah you aren't carried away lilangel. i want it for the tea bags alone! lol

o
who's in

ok we have...

myself, nataliexoxo
lanaw
maryann2007
maps31
amelia pepper lady
tiffanyy808
lilangel1181
aliciay
sue cirish

If I missed anyone please yell at me lol

If you didn't already do so, please remember to post your contents by the deadline.
It's almost upon us!

o

Surely we have more herb growers?

o

amelia, i went in to the archives to find other herb swaps and invited everyone from them to join ours. maybe people don't check their email or have run out of room in their gardens.
it's a shame bcse i really wanted to get a lot of people for this one. oh well. it's still going to be fun!!

o
RE: new ~~herbs~~ white elephant swap (Double the fun!)

Maybe posting an announcement on the Herbs Forum? I thought that posting there with a link to the RR page might spark a little interest.

I was really expecting this to be a HUGE RR. Almost everyone I know who has any type of interest in plants grows at least a few herbs.

I must admit I am cheating on this one. Instead of sending things I have, I am purchasing from a reliable source. The idea is that I am purchasing in duplicate. So, I get to expand my collection doubly through one RR.

o

Hey ALL, ya'll KNOW I am still lurking over here lol.
I think some folks are worried about the heat for the plants and this is not a good time to ship cuttings, it really is too hot for those.

I wanted to join because I was looking for plants. I missed the part about seeds and cuttings. I have all the seeds I need at the moment and I am not good with cuttings and with the cost of shipping thur USPS like it is, it is just to expensive to ship and and they have become so unreliable, there is no telling where cuttings will end up.
I know these are the reasons for me and I am sure it is some for others too. I KNOW it will be fun and I really wanted to be part of this one because I have never done one of the white elephant swaps and although I think I would be a might bit confused I REALLY was looking forward to it until I realised someone could put in all seeds or all cuttings and no plants and I would be sunk, so I had to decline BUT I REALLY still am interested LOL.

IF the rules stated at least so many plants PLUS seeds or cuttings then I would be there BUT because it could be any or all, well see...

Natalie, you have a good idea, it may just be the wrong time of the season and Amelia is right, if you haven't already maybe you should go post on the Herb Exchange, and also the Plant Exchange AND the Seed Exchange, and post a link back to this thread.
I am sure you will get a few more folks if you hit all three of those exchanges because there will be more ppl from the seed and plant exchange that do not haunt this forum who will at least come looking!!! :)

OK, sorry I added my 2 cents, but thought I would throw in why I am not in it. I truely DID want to be but like I said, I stink at rooting things and I have loads of herbs seeds I haven't even thought about getting started just yet...

If you would consider hosting another one like this later on this fall with plants and cuttings then I would like to hop on the bus then as long as plants HAVE to be part of the box and not and optional but a MUST be included ;). I think I would have half a chance to root something in the fall, but not now it is too too hot here.

:) Fran

o

well does everyone think it's too hot right now and that we should postpone it til say... september?

i don't mind pushing it back a bit and maybe getting more people with a fall swap as opposed to a summer swap?

o
RE: new ~~herbs~~ white elephant swap (heat)

I'm definitely worried about the heat and mailing plants. Our temps are already exceeding 100. Heat indices are running 105 - 120, depending on the amount of cloud cover.

I was planning to offer replacement rooted cuttings in the fall if the plants died in transit.

So, I can participate either way. (Fall for most people may still be summer for me.)

If you don't get replies soon, you might want to e-mail everyone that has signed up. Maybe set a date for the decision?

Participation also may be low due to vacations. Although we normally don't travel in the summer, we're taking a trip in July. The event we are attending is always scheduled for mid-summer.

o

I don't mind participating in the fall, but many herbs are annual rather than perennial for me in New England, so that would also be a consideration. And I agree, I would much rather have plants than seeds.

o
Zones: new ~~herbs~~ white elephant swap

The zone differences make it a little difficult.

In my case, plants may simply wither and die during shipping from late May to late October. (I've actually had some plants "melt" away to nothing this year. A plant when I left in the morning and no sign of it when I returned home. Only upon digging could I find roots.)

In Sue's case, now is probably the best time to ship plants. Fall may be too late.

How do we resolve these issues?

Most herbs are perennial here -- even those that are annuals. Some, I can't seem to kill even when trying to get rid of them. It appears that the annuals reseed themselves while I'm not looking. (They spread and colonate.)

As for me, I can do almost anything. I can replace plants at a later date if they die in transit. I can wait and have my chosen box shipped to me later. I can take all seeds if necessary.

o

Natalie,
I'm getting my box list together. I hope we are still a go on this - it seems to be fading a bit. When do you want the lists posted? I see sign-ups are until Sunday.
Sue

o

we are still going ahead with the swap!

please have your lists posted by the cut off to join.

i will gather all lists and post all in 1 posting so we can keep easy track of them.

o

Excellent! I have to just check a couple of things later - if it stops raining long enough - and I'll be able to post.

o

Are you waiting to see what others post before posting the contents of your box?

I must admit I'm trying to see as many as possible before posting.

o

No, I'm not really waiting for anyone else to post. I have some plants that may have rooted pieces, which I would rather send to someone than a cutting if possible. I also have some seedlings that were winter-sown so I want to see how they are doing, how big they are, etc. We have had rain every day this week, incredible thunder storms yesterday and today, so I haven't been able to go outside to check on these plants before committing to adding them to a box. I just wanted to wait until close to the deadline so I could add as much as possible to the box and make it a nice collection.

o

Wish I had your rain. We are not getting rain -- just a couple of times in the last week. Before that, it was in May. Our temps are 100+ during the day. Plants are liking this weather.

OK, here are my plans for the box. (If any of the plants die due to the heat, I will update and name a substitute.)

Ginger mint
Creamy Berries mint
Kentucky Colonel Spearmint
Margarita mint
Grapefruit mint
Hazelnut Latte mint

And, since these were on the list of herbs and I am called "the pepper lady" locally,...

Red chile pepper seeds
Cayenne pepper seeds

o

ahh amelia i am drooling over your box already. i'm a mint junky and i don't have these yet (well i have berrys and cream mint- i assume it's the same as yours lol)

we will deff have fun picking and stealing boxes!

and i can share some of our rain if you want lol
we only had 8 dry days in june. july is 2 days old and we had buckets of rain last night. it was torrential to say the least. the plants in my garden are growing more like weeds than veggies lol
i'm happy to have them do that and it saves on my water bill too.
thanks mother nature

o

I'll send a tanker truck for some rain water.

Since it's so very hot, additional hypochlorite is being added to the water supply. For the potted plants, I can catch pitchers and cans to let the chlorine flash off over time. However, when watering with the hose, I'm putting large amounts of chlorine on the plants.

I'm keeping track of the boxes --- looking for new mints.

o

I am SO glad I didn't offer chocolate mint in my box!!!!

Something defoliated my rooted cuttings of the chocolate mint. The other rooted mints in the same tray were not touched.

Maybe a chocoholic slug?????

o

Ok, ok, I have been lurking long enough. I can't resist. I am going to join and will be putting the following in my box.

Chocolate mint, lemon balm, garlic chives, lavendar,lemon thyme, red beebalm, purple beebalm.

Seeds, Echinacea-Big sky sundown, calendula mix, Parsley-dk. green italian, dill, and copper fennel.

I will also be including some surprises.

o

I think I'm ready to post my box too. I checked everything out today, and I either have rooted plants or cuttings that have rooted.
Bee Balm (red or purple)
Chives
Lavender 'Hidcote'
Lemon Balm
Pineapple Mint
Purple Ruffled Basil
Selfheal- Prunella vulgaris
Silver-edged Thyme
Yarrow 'Cerise Queen'
Seeds:
Curly Leaf Parsley
Feverfew
Mammoth Dill
Sweet Basil

I may have a few other things to add, but those will be extra and I don't want to commit to them right now.

o

Happy 4th everyone, sorry to be MIA for a while but I was out of town. Im so glad its picked up in here, I see a couple of boxes I want! (really, we have to choose just ONE??) If youre worried about shipping plants in the heat you can always pack in a cheap cold-pack and some insulation. Also, sorry if anyone is allergic to cats. Rufus is trying to be 'helpful' by keeping the box warm and well snuggled... its like hes trying to hatch it or something!
~Laura

o

Rufus would be most welcome at my home. I'm a cat person. However, I haven't had a cat in over 20 years. My daughter is allergic to cats; they tend to cause asthma attacks with her. She has moved out now but I still don't have a cat. : (

Last day to post box contents, isn't it? Just want to say there will be a couple of surprise items in mine.

BTW, the chocolate mint eater still hasn't touched anything else!

o

I'm excited. Been reviewing the lists!!!

Will check in early in the morning.

o
waiting on 3 lists

maryann2007

maps31 (you don't have an email address for contact)

tiffanyy808

please make sure to post your lists asap. if they aren't posted by wednesday i will have to drop you from the swap. i really don't want to drop anyone since everyone is offering a great selection of herbs and goodies!

i will post the master box list wednesday, or sooner if i get the 3 missing lists.

o

maryann2007

maps31

tiffanyy808

WILL BE OFFICIALLY OUT OF SWAP IF THEIR LISTS AREN'T POSTED BY NOON.

There is also someone who requested to join last minute- past last minute actually. If they post a list by noon I will allow them to join. If not, they aren't in.

o

You know, honestly, I don't think anybody would take my box...the herbs I have are pretty common and there isn't really much in my garden. Anyways, I'm willing to send any 5 of the herbs on my trade page (cuttings). Is is okay if I use that as my list??

o

I cant speak for anyone else, but its OK with me! Maybe post here what you have for people to see?
~Laura

o

Chives
Purple Sage
Greek Oregano
Lemon Balm
Peppermint
Spearmint
Sorrel
Lavender
Feverfew
Borage
Artemisia (not sure which species...)

These are the herbs that I have available for trade

o
Forgot to say

Sorry, forgot to say that the feverfew isn't just regular feverfew, it's actually golden feverfew (a variation of the straight species). The foliage is much brighter than regular feverfew and makes a splendid edition to the herb garden.

o

Adding chamomile to my list. Also a small seedling of cats mint if the chooser would like it. (Cats mint does not spread like typical mint. Mine is a beatiful bush like plant.)

o

Hi,
sorry to be so late, been out of town

I have
Sweet Basil
Italian Large Leaf Basil
Garlic Chives
Parsley
Arulular.
crochet dish rags (by yours truly)
and a Lavender sachet!
Surprises all around!

o
here is the list of picking order and box's

PICKING ORDER-

Aliciay- #1
amelia pepper lady #4
lanaw #7
Maps31 #8
lilangel1181 #3
nataliexoxo #6
smitties #2
sue cirish #5

BOX #'s-

#1) Peppermint, Apple Mint, Orange Mint, Chocolate Mint, Julep Mint/Mojito Mint, Hot & Spicy Oregano and Cinnamon Basil (cuttings of all). Plus surprises.

#2) banana mint,pear mint,chocolate mint,lemon balm (cuttings), single leaf parsley, lemon verbena (cuttings)and dried lavender buds.
#3) Ginger mint, Creamy Berries mint, Kentucky Colonel Spearmint, Margarita mint, Grapefruit mint, Hazelnut Latte mint, red chili pepper seeds, Cayenne pepper seeds

#4) Seeds: dill, cilantro, greek oregano, soapwort, toothache plant, white swan echinacea, echinacea tennesseensis, bee balm "violet queen", agastache "golden jubilee", variegated society garlic, lime basil, lemon balm, and feverfew "selma star"
other: dried lavender petals (aroma therapy), bay leaves (cooking), and Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea (10 teabags EACH of "chai chocolate caramel enchantment" and peppermint)
#5) Dill, sweet basil, chamomile, chives, organic lavender, curled parsley, rosemary (cutting) and probably add more.

#6) Bee Balm (red or purple), Chives, Lavender 'Hidcote', Lemon Balm, Pineapple Mint, Purple Ruffled Basil, Selfheal- Prunella vulgaris, Silver-edged Thyme, Yarrow 'Cerise Queen', Seeds: Curly Leaf Parsley, Feverfew, Mammoth Dill, Sweet Basil

#7) Chocolate mint, lemon balm, garlic chives, lavender, lemon thyme, red beebalm, purple beebalm.
Seeds, Echinacea-Big sky sundown, calendula mix, Parsley-dk. green italian, dill, and copper fennel. Chamomile and cat mint. Plus some surprises.

#8) Sweet Basil, Italian Large Leaf Basil, Garlic Chives, Parsley, Arulular. crochet dish rags and a Lavender sachet! Surprises all around!

o

Yay! I pick #2.

o

Ok, looks like it is my turn. I will choose #1.

o

Hmmmmm... Ill have to go with box #3!
~Laura

o

Box # 5

o

Oh, it's my turn already. This is going fast!
Well, I really need a chamomile plant because my seeds didn't germinate and its kinda late to start again. So, I'll take #7 and hope the add-on chamomile is a plant. Then I don't have to steal #5.

o

looks like it's my turn- i'd like #4

lanaw is next to pick or steal.

o

I will pick Box #6 there are several I would like too but since I can't pick more than one that's the one I'll start with, there are several plants I don't have. Next!!!

o

oh boy oh boy oh boy
I pick box #4
I am allowed to steal and the thing can be stolen once right?
I have the need to seed!
Maryann
maps31
very North central (near Mt. Shasta). CA

o

i will take #8 then.

OK everyone has a box now. only 1 steal. not bad.
(too bad it was my pick that was stolen lol)

can everyone pm me today with your addresses and i will pass them out (and the g/w member name) to the senders so we can start to ship boxes. remember if there is a delay sending the boxes you will have to tell the person you are sending the box to so they are aware.

this was fun!! i will deff try to set up another in the fall!

o

Nice job, Natalie!

o

Nicely done and so quickly! Im honored my box was loved enough to be stolen, too. Maryann, email coming your way!
~Laura

o

Wow, that went fast. Good job on the quick work everyone. An email is headed your way Natalie and thanks. This was fun. Margo

o

Great job, Natalie!

o

Received my plants and cuttings from Natalie today. The post office made a mess of the box and the heat was a bit unkind to the cuttings. I am hoping water will make them all happy again. In this case, priority mail might have been a better option for the cuttings as it took the silly Post Office a while to get the box to me.

Thank you Natalie. I am looking forward to getting these cuttings rooted and in the garden. I must say the box smelled wonderful. My husband remarked about it and his smelling is not the best due to allergies and a couple of nasal surgeries.

I had a good time with this swap and will watch for the one you hope to do again in the fall.

I have been in contact with Sue and will be getting her box off to her on Saturday. Smitties

o

My box is on the way to Sue. It should be there by Monday. I packed it full Sue so hopefully you will enjoy the contents. The box sure was giving off an aroma while in line. Made me wish I had eaten lunch before I left.

Natalie, most of the plants have perked up. I am keeping a daily check on them and changing water so I can get them in soil when the roots emerge. So far, so good.

o

recieved my box!!
:-D
Thanks Laura!

Thanks Natalie!

o

I got my box from smitties (Margo) today. It was absolutely fantastic. Lots of goodies and nice fresh healthy plants. Thanks so much! :o)

My box is on the way to lanaw now. Hope you like it, Lana!

Thanks Natalie for a great swap.

o

I received my box from Sue, all arrived in great shape. Had a great time doing this swap. Thanks!

o

I put my box to Laura (lilangel181) in the mail today. Being late may have been an advantage as our weather is much cooler right now. Plants have a better chance at survival in the mail!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here