Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Garden Geeks Summer Shuffle Seed Swap

Posted by thegardengeek 4 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 11:14

We have great success with our late fall seed exchange, we have decided to do one in early summer. I am hoping to encourage new traders to get their feet wet so this is a very relaxed swap. If you have specific expectations in your trades, you may not want to join as this one is for everyone!

Trade the seeds you have left over or seeds from last year's garden for seeds you don't have so you can plant them in next years planting!

It's that time again!! Start collecting your seeds, and labeling them well...because this round robin is now open!!

Jump on in and let us know you are joining us!! Send me an e-mail so I can get you my address or visit me (The Garden Geeks) on facebook where my address is posted.

Here is how to do it. Package your seeds up , you can use anything from those small plastic envies to home made ones made from junk mail. Be sure to label them well so we know what it is, then stuff them in a bubble envelope, drop in return address label and return postage, seal the envelope up, and send it to me. When I get your seeds, I will replace each pack with one you did not send, take the address and stamps you sent and place them on the envelope. Seal it up and mail it back to you :). It's that simple!

Very few rules No seeds from before 2012. No packs of "wild flower" seeds. (both will be excepted as donation to our free seed giveaways on facebook though) All packs must be labeled with what it is. DO NOT send money for postage, just postage please.
Finally, HAVE FUN!!

Normally, the very large bubble envies take 5 or 6 stamps to return stuffed with seeds, medium 3-4, and the smallest take 2-3 stamps when fully stuffed.

This is a chance for new traders to see what Round Robin's are all about!! The exchange is one pack of your seeds for one pack of someone elses. People just wanting to share seeds are more then welcome to do so.

This will be a large seed swap - going across several sites so please get your seeds in as soon after the opening date that you can! Last fall we had around 200 participants.

Swap runs from June 21st to July 26th. Any seeds that come in after that date will be returned unopened.

* no more then 10 packs of one kind of seed
*you can add drop in a SHORT note of a few items you don't want and maybe a few wishes. (NO PROMISES but I will do my best with what comes in :)
**Remember, larger envies will take longer to fill. We do our best to be fair but be warned, if you are expecting commercial seeds only you will be disappointed.

I will keep track on envies that come in and are sent out on the The Garden Geeks facebook page, for this event. I hope you all join us!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Garden Geeks Summer Shuffle Seed Swap

I'll join! Can you send me the address to send seeds to?

o

I want in on this too

o

I'm in as well. I have a bunch of seeds with only enough to get someone started. Please email me your address to send seeds to. Thanks

o

I want in too, send me the information and I'll get busy. Thanks very much for doing this, sounds like lots of work on your part, is much appreciated.

o

• Posted by Sromkie 9 - Central FL (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 14:46

If I want to participate, how many seeds should I place in each pack?

o

I want in, but I don't see my post on here. I must have emailed you.

o

I would love to join! Please email me.

o

Would like to join. my understanding is all type of seeds (except mixes) are ok? i.e. flowers, trees, veggies etc.

o

I'm sorry to say I need to bow out of this swap. Too many things on my plate now, Maybe next time!

o

i would like to join.

i have some stuff that is good for fall and winter sowing...as well as some other stuff.

o

I mailed my seeds yesterday. I'm so excited to see what I get in exchange.

o

I'm in. I just looked in my seed box and I still have lots of good seeds I didn't get in this year. And just this week I collected some from the garden for next year . . . arghhh.

o

My first Round-Robin! I'm excited! I'll get my seeds out Monday!

Email sent, too.

o

I want to join, what is your mailing address? :)

o

I want to join! I'm new to gardening and new to trading, but I have some stuff I can't use (small balcony garden) and would like to trade them for stuff I can.

o

Would love to join!

o

I got my seeds today. Some really cool ones. Thanks for the yellow watermelon seeds. I can't find mine, so I will plant these instead. Thanks!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here