Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
divahethr

new: tropical cacti succulent or anything grows!!!

divahethr
14 years ago

Welcome to the

Tropical Succulent Cacti Perennial Anything GROWS SWAP

We have a great bunch of people and I am so happy to host this swap.

New people WELCOME!! Please Sign up!!

I Have a PRIZE for the "X" number person who joins the swap!

It's a secret hehehe but I have emailed the answer to myself so you know there is no funny business hehehe.

This swap is for ANY Extra (extry hehe) Plants with the underlying theme being Tropicals Succulents Cacti

Perennials and Annuals welcome if your partner desires them from your lists. Succulents and cacti type plants most welcome since they travel well in the summer heat. I know some things that are listed as annuals here come back every year from the root. So another persons trash is another persons treasure lol. ok please no trash lol.

I will match partners together based on Haves and Wants lists

taking into consideration those who have already been partnered together in previous swaps. Even though I would love to just swap with the same people over and over I realize that this may not be a dream shared by all. hehehe

Please use priority mail USPS with confirmation please please everyone knows this but have to say just in case. If you print offline confirmation is free plus you get a 10% discount off regular rates. But they may not scan until package is delivered..

Amy made a wonderful plant wrapping tutorial last swap for anyone that hasn't been in the swap before. Maybe she will let us use it. teehee. Or maybe I will try and make one ...my picture posting and taking skills good? uuhhh...not so much...lol

Ok Signups will be until JULY 11 which is 2 weeks from today.

List your HAVES AND WANTS at sign up if you can or soon after. List your haves as what they are cuttings-- plants-- bulbs etc some people are great with cuttings and some are better with rooted plants.

Please post often conversations welcome hehehe. We have a Holiday coming up and people may be going away and I would like to keep track of things in case someone can't continue on with the swap etc etc. If you go away for the holiday you are still welcome to join lol. Some people join and then they leave and never come back... it happens not saying it will I hope not. heheh I want to have a fun and enjoyable swap for all.

Ok then you will be paired up with your new partner and new friend for life ...could happen lol

Then you will have until July 25 to have your plants in your new friends possession hehehe

So you have a month basically to get those beautiful babies prepped and ready for their new homes.

recap

signup until July 11

New Partners July 11 12

Send to New home by July 25

I'm going to post my havesy list later today hehe

Thank you for reading and WELCOME!!!

Comments (124)

• divahethr
    Original Author
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I'm trying to remember I labeled the 1st box the 2nd box was 3 broms a bougie and rex begonia. I don't think I sent an aster. Let me look maybe I wrote it down.

• wanna_run_faster
    14 years ago

Hi all!

Happy 4th of July! Hope everyone has a great day!

Regina, I had to miss the last swap, I think I had to work or something. Believe me I hate to miss one of Ricky's!

Debby, ohmigosh, those streps are awesome!

OK, time to get ready for the fourth of july! Have fun everyone!

Helen :)

• ginibee
    14 years ago

Regina or anybody that knows Hoyas, I have pictures of my noids. I probably know one of them. lol. Please don't look at the dirt on my hands and fingernails - cameras catch everything you don't want them to. If there was no bud or bloom, I tried to get a closer leaf pic. Hope this works.

• ginibee
    14 years ago

I forgot to mention if you see a mass of stuff with leaves sticking on some of the hoyas, they were at the end of the patio and rooted themselves.

Ginny

• wanna_run_faster
    14 years ago

Hi Ginny,

I have a couple of the ones you have. Unfortunately I terrible at remembering names! You might be able to get the names for at least the first 2 from exotic angels website. And if Regina can't fill in the rest of the blanks, I'm sure if you post the slide show on the hoya forum those very knowledgeable people will probably be able to help you.

You have a beautiful collection! I've had mine for about years and I notice this is the year that everything seems to be blooming and the best bloomers seem to be the green 'sports' that I cut out of the variegated ones (KQ & KP?) but they have very faint fragrance. My favorite still is my first bloomer -- lacuna (Sp?)--I really love its scent and the profusing repeated blooming. What are your favorites so far? :)

• ginibee
    14 years ago

Hi WRF,

That's what's so funny - I don't especially like hoyas, but these cuttings were given to me and they all rooted and they are still in the small little pots except for a couple. They have been sitting at the back of my patio and totally neglected except for an occasional drink. They were so intertwined that it took me over an hour to untangle them before I could get a photo. I have them for trade either here on the RR or whatever. I have several more that in different places and I do love the 'shooting star' one. I think the hoyas are pretty, but I'm just not a houseplant person. Regina graciously offered to see if she could ID them. If not I may post on the hoya forum. Thanks.

Now that I've stated I'm not really a houseplant person --I'm looking for small succulents to fill a rather large container. But they are so hard to kill. lol. Oh, and I guess orchids are considered houseplants, but I keep them outside too.

Hope everyone is having a fun, relaxing day.

Ginny

• ladygreensleeves
    14 years ago

Happy 4th Everyone!!!

Hey Ginny, I think I can Id some of your Hoya's for you.

1) Kentiana also called Wayetti
    2) Heuschkeliana
    3) Cagayanensis
    4)Publicalx ?
    5)cv. Krinkle 8
    6)? I've seen it don't know what it is
    7)H. Carnosa
    9)I believe is your multifloria-shooting star also called javanica

Awesome collection....I would love to do a trade with you for some cuttings for some of them(2,3,4,6,7,&,9).Would love to find a Ruthie someday love the flower it has.We do have simular gardens. And I thought you were at Ricky's too.Unfortunately I don't think he will be hosting a fall swap-a-que this year. Think he has other obligations this year.WAAAAAAAA........

WRF.....you have a awesome collection of Hoya's too,We need to get together and compare our lists and do some side swapping too if you would like.Quite a few of my Hoya's have bloomed this year as well. Several are in bloom now or developing the penduncles. Lucunosa was a heavy bloomer, just covered this year and the scent was awesome. Wish I could bottle it. I think this past winters cold spells had alot to do with them blooming so well.

I'm doing a day trip to Gardino's nursery on Tuesday afternoon. I have spoken to the owner on several occations and by invitation have been invited to see her nursery and check it out and hopefully purchase some of her Hoya's. I have purchased from her before and her plants are healthy. Sizes and prices are reasonable too.

Debbya your Streps are awesome....but I have no luck with them or African Violets.They rot on me everytime. Strangely I have the Episcia and it is growing like gangbusters. I have a cutting from your Publicaylx and it is growing like crazy too.

DH and I went to the local fireworks display tonight. It lasted a full half hour. We usually watch from home but this year drove over and watched for a change. We are only 5 minates at the most from the arena where they shoot them from. They put on a pretty good show this year. Usually only lasts 20 minutes.

Well hope everyone had a super and safe 4th. TTYL.

Regina

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Goodmorning :)

Hope you all had a fun 4th of July we are going to Greenbay's Botanical garden today...Hope to get lots of pics and learn some stuff...:)

Debby great Streptocarpuss you have.... :) Are they easy to grow?

Ginny I am glad Regina could name them for you...I only have a few and dont really know about hoyas... Regina is our pro...Enjoyed your pics on them...:)

Just wanted to check in and say Hi...Have a great day everyone...Barb

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

OK OK!!!!!
    you guys are great torturers Still luking trying to finnish out another 3 trades. Couple more days and i'll be able see if i can get a list together. (have read the rules again)

Have a blessed day
    Carmen

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!!
    We went up to a family cabin for the long weekend, it was so nice and relaxing. We spent most of the weekend out on the boat or relaxing in our floaties on the lake. Ahhh, I wish I could live like that all the time!! The weather here is just perfect right now too!!! I can't wait to get out and play in my gardens today!! :-)

Deb, even if I'm not your trade partner, I would love some of that hardy cactus you have!! You're in the same zone as me and I wanted to get some for my dad! And your streps are awesome too!

wow Ginny, great hoya collection!! I have just gotten into hoyas over the last year and I found that I love them!! I don't have very many, I sure hope that some of mine to bloom this summer!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to check in quick to say "hi", talk to you more later!
    Amy

• divahethr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hope everyone is doing well and a wonderful 4th!!! Sometimes I am happy when all the hoopla is over I can get back to what I want to do THE GARDEN!!!

Carmen lol you have all week to join!! No hurry lol I won't twist your arm until the end of the week!!! lol jk

Amy I have tons of that hardy cactus too hehe

Barb have fun at the botanical gardens!!!

Regina thank you for naming the hoyas for Ginny!!!

Deb everyone loves your streps!!!

I think that is so cool that you Floridians have already met!!!

Ginny lol I just had to laugh when you had to untangle the hoyas I know people wish they had that problem lol awesome collection.

A big shout out 'HEY' to Norma and Helen !!

Frances Hey too see ya soon!!!

Chell still pulling for you!!!

Nobody got any game guesses hehehe. My game is lame rofl
    heather

• ginibee
    14 years ago

Well, if anyone wants hoyas, they are all up for grabs, so there would be cuttings if not already rooted. I know Regina wants a few.

Ginny

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Hi,
    Streps are so easy to grow! They thrive on neglect, and propagate so easily. You slice a segment off of a leaf, plant it and with in weeks little strep babies appear and grow at the baseline of the leaf. If your streps are rotting, your soils too heavy add more perlite. I love using miracle grow coir and then add perlite to it. Or I pick up miracle grow's av soil or any other well know av soil.

More streps!
    {{gwi:73356}}

So many varieties, so many colors!

Deb

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

WOW those streps are beautius!!!!!
    We really can't buy those here in central FL. Not they don't grow here but they just are very hard to find I probly should look in a catalog.
    does anybody know of a dependable co. where I can buy them from?

I'm working on my list HEHEHE
    I have alot of tropicals and suculents I just don't know what half of them are. Until I joined GW I never cared about keeping tags, if I liked it I bought it name or not LOL.
    I have been doing some research to find out some names but it sure does take some time.

Heather how does this work? I post my haves and my wants and when you partner me with someone do they want all I posted or some, what?
    and my wants do I get all(I wish LOL) or some. HEHE (I dont know)
    Sorry I've never done this type of trade, how do I know what I'm sending to my partner and what I'm I geting?

are we confused yet? LOL I'am :o)

• ginibee
    14 years ago

Gardencraze, I'm with you wondering exactly how it works, but just to be able to trade a few plants is fine with me.

You girls sure know how to grow those Beautiful streps!! I had a hard time with AFs - are these about the same care? I've drooled over them in Logee's catalog, but unless they can live outside I don't think I could keep them happy.

Ginny

• divahethr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Carmen welcome hehe
    you post your haves list
    and your wants list
    if you need a model you can look above at others hehe
    and this coming weekend I will partner everyone up and
    your partner and you will discuss what they want to choose from you and you will pick from your partners list what you want from them. And if you see something on someone's else list that you like and you have something they want you can side swap. Usually the person that you will be sending to and the person you will be receiving from are not the same. Hope this splains it!! Any questions just ask! hehe
    We finally received rain!! Yay!!

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Hi Everybody welcome to stuff the boxes swap...Regina taught us well...We stuff until we cant fill no more..:)

Ginny after we get partnered up...If you are not my partner I would love to side trade hoyas please...:) I hope I have stuff you would like....

Just got back from lambeau field and the botanical garden...I have tons of pics to download to my puter...It was a blast...I have so many new ideas...lol Barb

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Heather, you splain bety good!!!!
    If ya don't ask ya nev learn. :o)

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

For all you football fans...Here is Lambeau field home of the packers...My Boys...lol There is also the field they practice on and the bleachers you can sit on and watch them they practice...It was fun...:)))

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Here is Greenbay Botanical Garden...It was so much fun you all...I learned alot too...So many new ideas going through my pea brain..lol I hope you like the pics...Barb

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi again everyone,
    We had a great and relaxing day today, it's been great. I feel like I could go to bed right now! LOL

Ginny, I would definitely love some hoyas too! I have a few different kinds but not all of them are named, I would love more (named or not).

Those streps are beautiful, that's for sure!! I'll have to add streps to my wants list!

I'm with you gardencraze, I didn't pay much attention to the names of plants either until the last few years. LOL

I live in Minnesota but I don't have a greenhouse, I bring everything inside for the winter as "houseplant" (btw, houseplant is a relative term!!). My house is pretty full during our looooong winter. You'd be surprised how well the tropicals I have do during the winter. I have more trouble with the plants that are sold as common houseplants sometimes than I do with tropicals.

Wow Barb, the gardens are beautiful. I get to go to some next weekend that are located in St. Cloud, MN. Can't wait!

Have a great night everyone. We're going to go for a bike ride and then early to bed I think.

Amy

• ladygreensleeves
    14 years ago

Well ya'll I did'nt used to pay much attention to the names of the plants either until I started swappin um about a year ago. Fiqured I could'nt swap what I did'nt know I had. So I started looking up what others were offering and I found that sometimes I had that plant. Or I would be looking thru a on-line store or catalog and see something that caught my eye.Now I make sure all my plants have tags.And since I like to propagate them at some point, I need to know what they are to learn the best way to do so. It's a challenge for me to now fiqure out the ID of a plant. So Amy if you want to send pictures of your Hoya's I'll try to Id them too.I really enjoy doing so.

Most if not all of my plants including my houseplants are outside. My most cherished houseplants and Hoya's are all hanging and propagated in the screened in Florida room. I do have a greenhouse that I put my tropicals that are in pots that are outside in winter during cold fronts and extreme weather.

Ginny If we don't end up as partners then I will get in touch with you after for a side swap.....definitely want several of those Hoya's please.

If everyone does'nt mind, I'm willing to offer help by phone to walk Carmen,Ginny, and WRF thru the process if they need the help. Actually I would do that for anyone that needs help.

Regina

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Hi again pumped up from the Botanical gardens and cant sleep..:) Usually I am snoring when you all are gabbing..lol

Ginny I can wait for a side trade after Regina..:) Please make sure she is first... She shares so much knowledge with us and I know her true love is Hoyas...... Friendship on GW is first! :)

Regina I bet you are pumped about getting a tour of that nursery! What a honor... I would be giggling, which I am sure you are...

How is the new pond by the way? New pics please? Well all just wanted to see you all..LOL My brain wont let me sleep lol I have a new cottage garden I am planning in the woods....hahhahaha Al is shaking his head lol more work..:) Goodnight and sweet dreams all....Barb

• divahethr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

How is everyone? Those botanical garden pics are awesome thank you for sharing them, Barb!
    Everyone must be recuperating. Thank you for helping, Regina!
    heather

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

Helloo my plant fiends oops friends!!!! ha ha ha!!!

Barb fabulous photos of the Botanical Gardens!!! is that the now infamous 'Al' I see? You really should let him hold the camera once in awhile so we can get a look at ya!

I still do not pay that much attention to the 'names' of plants unless it is something really special I received as a gift or that I purchased for a very specific trait and I need to know. I just like what I like! Most of my garden has labels like "diene's lily" or "Melanie's Rose" or "Regina's Gardenia" "Mellen's Crosses"
    I am usually much more concerned with the colour, or height, or food/water preference.

I am off in the morning, I just wanted to say>>>> bye all I will miss you! hopefully I will be back in a few weeks and find my garden not too dry and crispy!!!

Have fun!

Frances

• chellflower
    14 years ago

HI y'all,

Got the house all to myself for a few hours (and its sooo quiet...almost spooky!). Sold our camper to in-laws, so DH & boys are taking it over there.... I'll miss our little camper but selling to family, at least we'll still have a place to sleep when camping. Besides, the $ will help us stay afloat awhile longer (still no jobs yet)....and now there's an empty spot in the yard for another garden!!!!!

Got alot done yesterday..organized the yard and moved the boys' sandbox (which gave me back a spot I had originally dug for a garden), and with the sand mixed in its a perfect place for our Xeriscape garden (the boys have lots of cacti they've rooted from leaves found at store nurseries and I got tons from Norma!). Came up with more garden ideas while sitting in the GH waiting out a storm...so fun watching nature at work..the boys really enjoyed it too (until lightning suddenly struck nearby...I've never seen them run in the house so quickly LOL).

Debya, you sure have a talent for growing streps...beautiful blooms!!!

Barb, thanks for the Bot. garden photos..drooliscious! I'll have to visit our Rose Garden soon before full bloom's over & post pics for y'all.

Ginny, if you still have Hoya's later I'd love to do a side trade with you.. I really like the Heush Kelianna, Cayayanensis, cv. Krinkle 8, and Shooting Star.

Regina, I would be so grateful if you can ID some of my Hoyas. I got four from Norma and only managed to ID the Sweetheart, but others have similar leaf types... I could wait for blooms to send you photos if necessary.

Frances, have a safe and wonderful vacation!

Oops, gotta go...DH just called. Joshua hurt his arm & they're headed for the hospital (... I knew the quiet time wouldn't last, LOL...but my babies are first priority!)

• ginibee
    14 years ago

Hi All,

Barb, you sure have a beautiful Botanical Garden! Don't think I've ever seen so many blooms in one place. I can see where you could easily spend a day there.

Regina, Barb, Amy, Chel - I'm sure I have enough Hoyas to send all of you either cuttings or rooted plants. We'll get together on it after the swap if that's ok. I still have more floating around, so will have to round them together. If I left anybody out that wants some cuttings, lmk.

Hope everyone had a pleasant day. I spent most of my time putting down a garden path in the b'fly garden. This area was neglected for over 2 years due to health issues and I'm getting it back in shape. My muscles let me know I'm not in such good shape myself. lol. The butterflies must have appreciated it as they were all around me while I was working.

Ginny

• ladygreensleeves
    14 years ago

Oh Dear Chell hope Joshua (love that name) is ok. Just hate it when one of the kids gets hurt. Go ahead and send pics of the plants, sometimes I can ID them by the leaves.Depends on how common or not ....lol they are. Different Hoya's bloom at different times of the year, so may be awhile or not before you see any. Also what did you pot them in ie soil mix? Your sweetheat is The Kerrii and there are 4 different species.Is it solid green or Verigated? It is one of the slowest growing Hoya's there is.

Here are pictures of my Hoya's

2 Hoya Kerri verigated in bottom of this photo along with Carnosa "Strawberry and Cream"

And a picture of the pond taken over by Duckweed

And for those that need help with how to seed succulents thru the mail here is a article I found useful. Most you have to allow the cut to dry (callus)before they can be planted if they are cuttings.

Regina

• divahethr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for the link, Regina. You are so helpful. You beat me to it I was making a pictorial. Your pics are awesome!
    heather

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi all, long day finally got a chance to sit and post my list.
    Regina thank you so much for offering to help I can use all the help I can get in more ways then one HEHEHE. I'll be sending an email. AND.... I too would like to trade for some of those beautiful hoyas,I have three that I rescued from the trash in my neighborhood. one seem to be dead but I babyed it and now it has 2 tiny leaves. Anyway here is my list.

hibiscus cuttings peacock ginger tubers
    wandering jew cut. tibouchina cut.
    arrow vine english dogwood cut.
    bromiliad no id devil spine cut.
    corol bell joy weed
    sanseveria plectranthus emerald lace
    ice plant pink mother of thousands
    stopelia nobalis crown of thorns red
    fl. wild fern lady finger banana
    red passion flwr red rosmary cut.
    nun orchid spothoglotis tropical punch
    epidendrum radican pink day lily
    4'o'clocks pink culantro seed
    plumeria pink naked lady lily
    staghorn bleeding heart

My want list
    amaryllis any dalilies
    streptocarpus any suculents
    heucheras black bamboo
    clematis hostas
    sedums begonias
    camelias irises
    night blooming cereus bowiea volobilis
    disocactus flagelliformis

I do have more haves and wants but I stop here.

a big good night to all, have blessed evening

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi all, long day finally got a chance to sit and post my list.
    Regina thank you so much for offering to help I can use all the help I can get in more ways then one HEHEHE. I'll be sending an email. AND.... I too would like to trade for some of those beautiful hoyas,I have three that I rescued from the trash in my neighborhood. one seem to be dead but I babyed it and now it has 2 tiny leaves. Anyway here is my list.

hibiscus cuttings, peacock ginger tubers
    wandering jew cut., tibouchina cut.
    arrow vine, english dogwood cut.
    bromiliad no id, devil spine cut.
    corol bell, joy weed
    sanseveria, plectranthus emerald lace
    ice plant pink, mother of thousands
    stopelia nobalis, crown of thorns red
    fl. wild fern lady finger banana
    red passion flwr red, rosmary cut.
    nun orchid, spothoglotis tropical punch
    epidendrum radican, pink day lily
    4'o'clocks pink, culantro seed
    plumeria pink, naked lady lily
    staghorn, bleeding heart

My want list
    amaryllis, any dalilies
    streptocarpus, any suculents
    heucheras, black bamboo
    clematis, hostas
    sedums, begonias
    camelias, irises
    night blooming cereus, bowiea volobilis
    disocactus flagelliformis,

I do have more haves and wants but I stop here.

a big good night to all, have blessed evening

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

oops I didn't meanto summit the first list, see I told I need help :o) sorry bout that.

• divahethr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Peoples List:
    1. divahethr / heather
    2. ladygreensleeves / Regina
    3. rosepedal / Barb
    4. dieg01991 / Amy
    5. bigmama4ever / Norma
    6. ginibee / Ginny
    7. debbya / Deb
    8. wanna_run_faster / Helen
    9. gardencraze / Carmen

Thank you for your awesome list, Carmen!

• chellflower
    14 years ago

Regina, instead of IDing the Hoyas, lets just switch yards!!! I love your jungle, and really like the pond too, but girl you need some ducks to eat that duckweed, LOL! Thanks for the photos! My sweetheart hoya is not variegated, but I have two carnosas (according to the tags)...one is green/white, the other has white & pink... I also have another green/white but the leaves are longer than carnosas..? I'll try and get photos soon.

Joshua's arm has a fracture just behind the wrist. DH said he never shed a tear (Mama's BIG boy!). He was smiling when he came home in a temp. cast & sling (then he later realized he can't go swimming or play in mud for awhile). He still has to see a bone Dr (the hospital refers kids there for broken bones). When I asked how it happened Joshua said he was swinging, went up really high and when the swing came backwards he fell off and when he landed his head hit his arm...Yea amazingly he didn't do it playing daredevil (or Spiderman, like when he broke his leg at three jumping from a porch rail 6' high), but I did have to rib him about his arm getting broke cause his big brain hit it!! LOL (He even found that amusing!)... I'm just glad he's OK

After supper I started on our Xeriscape garden..got the border in place and planted my prickly pear (very carefully!). I gathered all other cacti/succulents together for planting tomorrow....then I got the nifty idea of bordering a tree with blocks for a tree garden. By the time I came in for a shower it was almost 2am!...its so much cooler gardening at night by porchlight and so quiet & peaceful too (even the 'skeeters are asleep LOL)!

Ginny, I'd be happy to wait till after the swap for a side trade..thanks!

Gardencraze, nice list ya got there!

Well its almost 3am..guess I'd better hit the hay.

G'night y'all!

• ladygreensleeves
    14 years ago

Chell you sound like me. Outside gardening by moonlight....lol. Today there is a heat advisory with a heat index of 106 degrees. Way to hot to be outside thats for sure. But at some point I will have to go back out there. I went to the nursery to see the Hoya's(I was in Hoya heaven) and bought several, so need to take care of them.
    Joshua fracture sounds almost simulair to Marks, but he had a temporary cast. One that could be taken off for showers and such. So glad he's ok though.
    Think I need some koi or someone needs to say hey send me some duckweed for my pond!

Heather did you finish the pictorial for packing succulents. Visuals speak a thousand words for those of us who are challenged by the written word......lol.

Gardencraze wonderful list you have there.

Stay cool everyone, catch everyone later.

Regina

• divahethr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Glad your Joshua is ok Chell...I have a Joshua too!!!

I hope everyone is doing great. I will put up the packing succulents pictorial after Monday. I have to go to NY tomorrow so I will be posting and pairing partners from the road. My father inlaw took a turn for the worse. We planned on August for the trip but you just can't plan this stuff. I will be back Sunday night back to work Monday then pictorials Monday. And sometime before that I will pick partners. Hope this doesn't put a crinkle in anyones plans. So much dramas. I won't let ya all down.
    Barb you should be getting your prize any day the holiday Saturday put a crink in the mail.
    There are still prizes to be won.
    talk soon
    heather

• divahethr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

here's a link to the pictorial I'm working on

talk soon
    heather

• ladygreensleeves
    14 years ago

Heather so sorry to hear about the father-inlaw, but family does come first! Be careful in your travels and I hope everything turns out ok. If there is anything I(we) can do let us know. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

The pictorial is great too. I know alot of people prefer a visual presentation over the written word anyday.

Regina

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone

Heather I am so sorry to hear about your father in law and Chell about Joshua....

I hope they are doing good.....

Heather and Regina thanks for the great info you all put together...That is great stuff.:)

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Heather is it what I think it is? ANOTHER BOUGIE? WHOOO HOOOO....I see a tiny thorn so I am thinking you sent me that beautiful bougie of yours and you know it is my number one plant...I could just hug and give you a big smooch! The beautiful bird house ornament is going in a special area in the gh...I dont want it to get broken outside...I will take a pic after everything is in its spot...I hope you and the family are ok! I feel terrible for being so happy when you are in pain...Thank you heather for thinking of others...May it come back at you ten fold.... Barb

• retsec
    14 years ago

Hi everyone, wasn't sure I was going to be able to do this swap. Have been sick but am much better. Add my name to the list.
    Haves:
    white and purple bleeding heart vine, hidden ginger, white butterfly ginger, pine cone ginger, unknown variegated ginger, bengal tiger canna, yellow/orange canna, black eyed susie vine, red spider lilies, red and yellow crown of thorns cuttings, red/coral shrimp plant, yellow shrimp plant, prayer plant, swiss cheese plant, green and white wandering jew, kitten ear jew, purple and gray jew, green wandering jew, swedish ivy, goldfish plant, night blooming cactus, rick rack cactus, mother of thousands, hen and chicks green, pony tail palm, texas star hibiscus, luna blush hibiscus, aloe vera, tricolor sedum, mother in law tongue, mexican petunia, red candy apple iceplant, elephant sedum, coral reef sedum, pink pursalane, double yellow/pink pursalane, spiral staircase sedum, variegated tropical hibiscus, kerria japonica rose double yellow, red/coral honeysuckle cuttings, silver squill, cast iron plant, drummonds pink phlox, christmas cheer sedum, pink abelia cuttings, curly leaf begonia, different unnamed begonias, blue hydrangea, old cactus (makes yellow flower), unnamed sedum and succelents, red hot poker lily

Wants:
    yellow spider lily, variegated candy apple ice plant, cajun hibiscus, mosquito plant, variegated mosquito plant, mandarin plant, pink lily of the valley, walking iris, pineapple lily other that white, desert rose, yellow butterfly bush, sedums and succelents I don't have, blood lily, hoyas, variegated lipstick plant, begonias I don't have

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Hi Everybody..

Welcome Nancy I have been thinking about you..:) I am glad you are better... I thought it was strange not to hear anything from you..I was getting worried..Glad to see you back...All your babies are doing wonderful...Thank you for being my sent from partner last RR trade... :)

Well we got the old fireplace out to the gh yesterday..That should save us a few george washingtons come January... I still havent gotten pics will do today of heathers prize she sent me...Are you all gonna make guesses on her cats names? I am not guessing because I already won one contest...

Going down home tommorow to hug the kids cant wait to see them... Nothing better than hugging your kid after not seeing them for a while...Chell how is Joshua doing and Regina are you getting him ready for college?

I was able to pass along my leftover plants from the sale yesterday... Our friends just built a cabin here and needed plants that worked out great..Sent them home with a rooted corkscrew willow too...Well Better run or I will keep gabbing...Have a great day..Barb

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

I forgot, ok I'll guess on the cat's name...Josie?

Nancy, glad to see you!!

Barb, awesome about the fireplace, you are so smart!!

I'm doing a plant swap with a good friend of mine from college tomorrow. It'll be good to clean out some duplicates in my garden. I don't have much room for new stuff though...LOL! I still have a bunch of stuff from a swap last month sitting in pots waiting to be planted. I need to have a plant sale!! :-)

Ok, back to work. I'm having a hard time focusing today, I'll be quitting work early today for sure!!

Talk to you later,
    Amy

• wanna_run_faster
    14 years ago

Well hello everyone!

I hope Heather's FIL and Chell's Jeremy are feeling better!

The big weekend is here, I'm starting to get excited!

Also, if there are any hoya beginners (or others) out there who would like to do a side trade, just let me know. I think I have a few nicely rooted cuttings coming along...mostly australis and green sports of KP or KQ, maybe 3 or 4 others (rope, brevilata (sp), etc)

OK, TTY all soon!

WRF

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I have a lot of thread reading to do (catching up). I'm so behind! Checking in to see if we were assigned partners yet, our weather has been really nice lately. Usually we are in the mid 90's by now.

Skimmed through the pics, the hoyas are gorgeous!

Be back later-

Deb

• ladygreensleeves
    14 years ago

Hey hows everyone doing? Chell how is Joshua's Arm? Heather how are you doing? Nancy good to hear from you again glad you are feeling better and able to join us. We have had some hot days here, last two have had some rain showers to help cool things down a bit, and fill the rain buckets and top the barrels back off. Mark is getting himself ready for college, with never ending paperwork and such. His father and I have been getting him other supplies and personals to get him started with.

The cat breeds I can think of are Bermese or Bengals and names Jesse and Jade come to mind.

Looking forward to finding out who partners will be this time around. Lists as always are full of so many tempting wants and likes. And like always I can't wait to find out who my partner will be....lol.

Regina

• ginibee
    14 years ago

Since this is my first RR, I am extremely anxious awaiting the partner list. I used to be very active in the plant exchange, but never the RR. This should be a fun week packing plants.

Hope everyone's family members are on the mend. It can be scary when they are hurt or ill. I wish you all the best of health.

Ginny

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!!!
    Hey where is that list i'm coming out of my skin WooooHoooo
    can't wait.

WRF what do want to trade for? look at my list and see if there be anything you are interestd in, give me a shout

Ginny you are going to have a lot of fun. I'm finding RR are a little diferent then just doing the plant trade by themselfs.i THINK ON RR THERE IS FRIENDSHIP on the plant swap you don't talk to the same person twice. I do like them both tho.

Regina I never did send you that email, I guess I haven't fallen into a deep hole yet LOL thanks for the offer.

Hi heather!!!

Everyone else A BIG HELLO TO YA

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Thought I would stop in to say hi to everyone! It was a busy weekend. I got some great new plants from a friend of mine in our little plant swap on Saturday! Woohoo!! Then I spent a good part of the day yesterday ripping out the most invasive plant I've ever had in my garden, the Chinese Lantern. DO NOT ever put this plant in your garden!! It has runners that go about 2-3 feet deep!!!! At one point yesterday, my husband said to me "are you digging a hole to China?" I said "hey, may be that's why they call this the Chinese Lantern, it has roots to China!!". It is terrible!!! The hole is about 3 feet deep with about a 4 foot radius and I am STILL DIGGING!!!! AHHH! I've gone about 2 feet into the grass so far. I guess I'm expanding my garden! LOL. There is no way I will get it all either, which is very frustrating! Every little piece of the root will start a new plant. Makes me want to cry. :-( But, I decided that I'll go a couple more feet into the grass tonight and then I'm done, I give up!! I will just have to spray any that pop up with weed killer. Terrible!

Ok, I'm done complaining now...whew, Sorry!!! The bright side of it now is I have made more room in my garden for all the new stuff I've gotten over the last month! :-)

Sounds like everyone is doing well which is great to hear. Can't wait for partners!! I am so excited to see newbies here too, you guys are awesome!!! I would be open to do some side swapping too, just take a look at my list and let me know if anyone is interested!! :-)

Talk to you later.

Amy

• ladygreensleeves
    14 years ago

Hey Amy sounds like you have the start of the making of a great little pond there....hint,hint. And thanks for the heads up on the Chinese Lanterns too. That stuff looks like the Cerese(sp) we have here.Or the little lanterns kinda do anyway. It's a noxious weed that spreads really fast,and smells bad when you pull it up.

Looking forward to partners when they are assigned, and hoping to do some side swapping as well.Need to do some serious trimming on severeral of my vines and plants,so hoping to find them new homes or they go to the landfill.So if anyone sees anything they want let me know.

Weekend was spent doing home interior work. We got both baths repainted. They look sooooo much better now.

Hope everyone is doing ok and staying cool.

Regina