Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

Photos of Larry and his cards taken this morning

Hi all!

I got in touch with Larry and delivered his poster board withh all the cards from everyone. He seemed to be happy about what I have done...whew!

Larry also is joining gardenweb, his screen name will be wuzzuplarry. He said this will be the only gardening he'll be able to do. He needs to get access to his email to confirm that he wants to join and was having difficulty. He said he should be on by tonight!

Please post any messages to Larry here so when he comes on he will have his own thread.

Sat hello to Larry!!!

Have a great day everyone

Lisa

Comments (25)

• flwrs4ever
    14 years ago

Ohh Lisa, this made my day !!! You truly are an angel...that smile on Larry's face says it all !!!

Thanks sooo much for sharing his joy ! I look forward to being able to chat with larry, and share pictures of his Iris with him.

Oh, this has been such a wonderful day !!

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

That's terrific! We can share our gardens and Larry can share his expertise.
    Alana

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Wuzzup Mr. Larry?
    How wonderful what Lisa has done for you, she is a special lady, but then you look like you are a special person too, that smiles says it all. It is very nice to meet you Sir I can't wait to see all the diferent post from all over the country about your Iris.
    Good luck to you and happy gardening on the net.

Carmen in orlando FL

• patti1957
    14 years ago

Hi Larry,

So glad that you were happy with what Lisa has done. Your Iris has become a special one for me in my garden and I can't wait to share it's progress with you as it grows. Lisa has touched so many of us with your story and I am so glad to be a part of this. Thanks you Larry and Lisa.

Patti...In Oregon

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Hi Larry Wazzup WI here... Nice to meet you and look forward to learning from you... Lisa you really are a awesome person for what you have done for larry and others...Barb

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Hello Larry,
    It is nice to actually meet you. I think it is terrific what Lisa did with your irises she is a very special person and I can tell so are you.
    Your smile is 100% geniune and I can tell you are very happy knowing your irises are here, there and everywhere.
    I am sorry you can no longer garden but we will be happy to share our gardens with you!
    Welcome to Gardenweb, I hope you realize you just joined a very large family, not only of gardeners but of friends! So WAZZUPLARRY??? HOWDY FROM NORTH CAROLINA! I'm Fran.

:) Fran

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Hello Larry! (she types wearing a big warm fuzzy smile!)

I'm so glad you posted those pics. Made my day!

Becky

• galium
    14 years ago

Hi Larry-galium from NJ here. I am really looking forward to seeing your Iris flower in my Iris garden.

Lisa's thoughtfulness and your Iris brighten my days.
    Your friend in gardening
    Mariann

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

larry,

I am so happy that you look so happy! I am sorry you cannot get out in the dirt and I know how I would feel if I couldn't do that. It is a big part of who I am and I am sure you feel that way. I will be very glad to 'share' my garden with you also and I can tell you most of the people on GW are great wonderful people who I am proud to call friends and I hope you will stay in touch and become one of those friends!

Tammy:-)

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Hello larry,

Cindy from GA just would like to welcome you to GW.
    ishareflowers you have a heart of gold..

cjcjmass

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Hello Mr.Larry. This is Denise in PA. I think it is great how you dedicated a good part of your life to IRIS. I love them too! I put your iris in my garden in the front by the road for everyone that goes by to enjoy. I hope to get to chat with you a little and to gain some of your wisdom. You must have had a GEORGOUS garden as you captivated one little girls attention when walking by your home everyday many years ago.

Thank you Lisa. You are a sweetheart.

Denise

• veeja11
    14 years ago

Hi Larry, you and Lisa are both special people. welcome to garden web. your knowledge will be appreciated here. big hugs to you and Lisa
    carol Wa

• diene
    14 years ago

Good Evening Larry;
    I have your Iris in a place of honor by my front door, it will probably be a few years before it flowers but I will post a picture as soon as it does. I am now going to post a picture of the iris with Lisa's tag. Did you know she sent tags to us so we could keep track?

It will be a focal point soon.
    Thanks again.
    diene

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Hi Larry!

Nice to meet you and welcome to Garden web!
    I look forward to getting to know you more

Lisa sure is one special gal isn't she?!

Vicky - Montana

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Hi Larry, from an almost neighbor, down on the south coast of Massachusetts. I am honored to have your Iris in my garden, and you and Lisa are both very special people. I'm very happy to know you both, and count you as friends.
    Sue ~ Suecirish

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Larry,

I haved named my newest iris from your garden "King Larry". He is so very happy in his new Southern California garden home and I promise to keep it that way!!

Be well and be happy in your new home........

I thank you and Lisa for this truly wonderful treasure!

Annie (canyonwind)

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hi Larry, from South Dakota!!

I received your Iris from Lisa, and have it in a special spot! Everyone who comes to visit will pass by it, and I will be sure to tell EVERYONE where I got this special Iris from! :) It will be nice learning from you, and visiting with you when you join Garden Web!

Karen
    kalena67

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Hi Larry, I'm Tracy from Northern Ohio. I wanted to thank you and Lisa for the wonderful Iris that I received last week. Lisa is a very special lady to so many of us.

I love the smile on your face when you received the Thank You notes from all these amazing gardeners. You've touched our hearts and please know that your iris have all found good homes. I will treasure it always.

All My Best,
    Tracy

• susantexoma
    14 years ago

Hello Larry,

I loved seeing the photo of you with all of our cards -- your iris will be a special garden friend I'll look for every spring in my front yard. I'm especially excited that it came from Massachusetts, since I just moved to Texas from Worcester, MA last year -- your iris and I are both transplanted New Englanders!

Thank you again to you and to Lisa for sharing your beautiful iris with all of us -- I look forward to seeing you on Gardenweb!

Best regards,
    Susan (susantexoma)

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Hi Larry! I'm Pat from Northern Kentucky. Thank you for sharing your garden with Lisa, who in turn shared it with all of us. As you can see, she put a LOT of effort into this project; and it is greatly appreciated by many. Now people all over the country will treasure a bit of your garden in their own.

I hope that you will become a regular visitor to GardenWeb. There are always people here anxious to chat about gardening and plants!

Best wishes,
    Pat (pat_6)

• raggedyann161420
    14 years ago

Hi Larry, I'm Annie from Illinois,and I am so honored and thrilled to have one of your iris! Just so you know, I've named the iris Lisa gave to me "Larry".

Lisa is a fantastic person, and I'm thrilled to have met her!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• ramazz
    14 years ago

Hi, Larry! I am so excited to have your iris in my garden in Virginia. It has a special spot and I am looking forward to seeing it bloom next spring. There will be a special post just for you where everyone will put pictures of your irises in their yards.

Becky from VA

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just bringing this back to page one for Larry to see.

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi Larry, it's Carmen from central FL. I just received one of your from iris from Lisa and gave it a special place in my garden,
    Front and center, I'm just praying that it will make in this zone. Thank you so much for sharing with this huge Garden community. For years to come we will all be talking about Larry's iris.

May god bless you and I hope to see some posting from ya.

Carmen

• msbarbara
    14 years ago

Hi Larry, thank you for sharing your beautiful Iris with other plant nuts. I wish I could have seen your garden-You have made a lot of gardeners very happy by sharing your iris.
    Thanks Barbara