Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

Sharing June Pictures ~ Part 3

hazelnutbunny
15 years ago

Another new thread for those gorgeous garden pictures! And of course, our garden critters as well!

This was so awesome, I had to share it with ya'll!

A little brown wren has made her nest on our front porch, and when I went to look inside, I found 5 eggs....and a SNAKE SKIN!! I suppose when the little momma was gathering up pine needles for the nest, she got the skin as a bonus. :O) And she also used a windchime, you can see that in the bottom left of picture #2. Kinda fitting, since it has a bird on it!

Sorry for the big pictures, but I wanted to make sure the detail was clear.

Comments (14)

• diene
    15 years ago

Great pictures HNB:
    Here is the picture that goes with the story about our friends boat.
    No one was hurt but the boat is now an environmental and navigational hazard.

white astilbe

pink astilbe

clematis

red lilies

delphinium

pink rose

red rose

lollypop & golden lilies

Have a wonderful day all.
    diene

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

HNB: Love the pics of the birds nest. It is so funny how they will use the strangest things to make their home.

Diene, the flowers are beautiful. I especially like the lollypop lillies and the pink rose. How long do the owners have to remove the boat from the rocks? I hope they are quick to take care of it. That is such a hazard. What a shame.

I am very excited because we finally got our patio finished. It took a very long time to get around to finishing it up (2 yrs). I loved coming outside this morning with my cup of coffee and sitting next to the rock garden. The butterflies were flitting around with the bumbles. What a great way to start the day!

The stones that hubby used for the patio were reclaimed sandstone sidewalk squares. He has been saving them from customers who have wanted to tear out their old sidewalks and put in concrete walks. He cut each of them with a chisel to get the random patterns and fit each stone with the next. I love that man!

Now I need to add some more containers for the corners and maybe a window box outside the kitchen window.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Bunny that is just too cute!

Diene I love your flowers, esp the clem and lolipop

Tracy your patio is BEAUTIFUL! Well worth the 2 yr wait!

I wish I had a man that was that interested in doing things outside!

Vic

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Vic, Thank you! It definitely was worth the wait. I think it took so long since he does work outside for a living! lol! He is a bricklayer so the old adage of the cobblers children have no shoes applies here too. He hates to come home and have to fix things but Wow when he does!

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Diene, your lilies are bueatiful as usual.
    Tracy, I would probably never leave home if I were you; just hang out on that wonderful patio!
    Bunny, that is the neatest bird's nest I have ever seen.

Elegant Candy
    {{gwi:1278826}}

Pink Lilies

Moonlight Rhapsody

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Tracy,
    Your patio is beautiful! I'm married to a carpenter (a perfectionist) that takes FOREVER to complete home jobs, but when he does the work is fantastic! Reusing/reshaping the sandstone was a really good idea. I'll have to mention and show the pics to my Husband. I want a large patio too! He promised to build a gazebo (screened in) for me but needed ideas for the floor.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

I should clarify... Ideas for the 'base' not floor of the gazebo, the floor would be wood. Sometimes I type too fast, and think too slow. ;)

Deb

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Thanks Alana! Your lilies are so beautiful this year! You really have a huge flush of blooms. I still would love to visit your gardens. They are always bowling me over every time you post pics!

Deb, Thank you so much! Ah, we poor women who are married to the tradesmen! lol! They are perfectionist that is for SURE! But so worth the wait. Your gazebo will be absolutely stunning when he is through with it. I like the idea of using the reclaimed stone for the base. If you need to find some, post on free-cycle. I'm sure someone in your area is tearing them out and doesn't know what to do with them.

Our neighbors put in a gazebo last year and it has all of the windows screened in. It is so beautiful. They stained the wood to a nice golden brown and wow does it look pretty on their property.

One of our other big plans we want to do will be to put a deck off the back of our bedroom and install some french doors in our room someday. The idea of going out there and having a nice warm soak after a hard day working outside would be so nice!

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello Deb;
    I am sending you a pdf of plans for a gazebo. Not sure if it is what you want but it is a start. diene

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Melissa,
    Cool pics of the nest!

Diene,
    It is amazing how fast you catch up bloom wise with me! I'm jealous of your dephiniums. My dog, Sammie, killed all mine : ( I still love her though.

Tracy,
    Your patio looks great.

Alana,
    Beautiful lily pics.

Here's a few new pics.
    This begonia I bought is amazing. It has gotten larger and is just covered with blooms! It doesn't look real.

LA Lily with wild daisies.

Daylily Leonard Bernstein first bloom. The red is actually deeper than this photo shows.

Pink Tiger Lily.

Remy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Remy, your blooms are amazing. That is the most lush begonia I have ever seen. The lilies are beautiful. I really like how you paired them with the daisies. Really makes them stand out.

Tracy

• mellen
    15 years ago

Remy, What a beautiful begonia!!! I have finally figured how to upload pics to PhotoBucket. Now, I will try posting a couple of them here.

Mary Ellen

• mellen
    15 years ago

Well, I guess that "worked." A little on the large size, though. Hmmm....how to fix that now. The first pic a Hot Cocoa rose, and the second is Caramel Coral Bells.
    Mary Ellen

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Mary Ellen, your hot cocoa is such a rich color. Absolutely beautiful!