Houzz Logo Print
austinnhanasmom

NEW: Weird, Odd & Unusual Swap

austinnhanasmom
13 years ago

Greetings -

THIS IS AN INVITE ONLY SWAP.

Three invitees accepted (host, booberry and neohippie) so here we go:

Although emailed with the invite, I'll repeat the rules. This is my first time joining this swap and the first time EVER hosting, so please tolerate the newbie host -

Here are the guidelines:

A) This will be a group swap.

B) Please sign up by June 23, by replying here or through the invite email.

C) Please plan to submit your seeds by July 21.

D) By July 21, please send, in a SASBE, a maximum of 30 total packets, and a maximum of three packets per variety.

E) Please include with each packet the seed name, seed type.

F) Please send seeds no older then from 2009.

G) Please include a list of what you submitted.

H) Through an update, I'll create a list of all seeds submitted and post them on GW. From this list, you'll have until August 4 to create/remit a "wish list". I'll try to divide a popular seed as best I can, but see guideline "I)".

I) The swappers who submit the more unusual or rare varieties will be rewarded with the more unusual and rare varieties in return.

J) I'll mail seeds by August 23, 2010.

K) Please include a list of what you submitted.

L) Please send enough cash or stamps to get your new seeds to you. I'll return extra cash or stamps.

M) Please include a list of what you submitted.

Happy Gardening -

Deb (austinnhanasmom)

Comments (4)

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Additional guideline -

Seeds may be edibles or flowers or both.

Deb

• kilngod
    13 years ago

I replied to your email, but thought I'd post too. Count me in! Looking forward to it.

(I've started looking through things and I have at least least 12 things to share so far, and maybe more by the send date.)

--Tina

• highalttransplant
    13 years ago

Sorry I haven't replied to the email yet. For some reason, I thought the deadline was June 21, so I was thinking I was too late. I'll need to check my stash and see if I have anything weird, odd, or unusual enough to participate.

Hey Deb, did you get any hail over your way? My plot at the community garden got hit pretty hard, but only minor damage to the garden here at the house. The plants that escaped the hail actually look really good today. It always amazes me how much better the plants look after a rain. All the irrigation in the world doesn't make them as happy as a good rain.

Bonnie

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Bonnie -

My community garden plot got nailed BIG time, but because I have neglected the plot, not all seeds had sprouted!! So now it looks pretty good;) My home tomato garden was a bit more protected but all the blossoms were beaten off. My home pepper patch was about destroyed. The rabbits are lying in wait for the peppers to recover...

I agree about the rain vs irrigation water. My tomatoes have perked up after all this rain.

We are up to five participants:

booberry (Becky)
    neohippie (Amanda)
    kilngod (Tina)
    mystlw (Terry)
    austinnhanasmom (Deb)

Bring on the sun -