Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

Petal Pushers June jubilee#5

Okay Girls,

I'm having a get together tonight, really, I am! If you all leave now you should be here in time for some late evening drinks. I have appletinis, strawberry daquiris and margaritas for all.

I've chained the new plants to house BUT freel free to dig what you want!!! I'm sure there's plenty to go around. I spent a good portion of last night taking out plants to give to my employer because I need to make room for some of the new ones.

Am I the only one that has great nurseries within a 10 mile radius? I'm feeling pretty lucky right now. I got all the smaller heucheras for $5 each and the huge miracle for $13 after my 20 percent discount.

Pat, I found a few plants off your list and will send them out the begining of next week. I hope you like them!

I have to go make some finger food for later on...

Have a great night

Lisa

Comments (57)

• pat_6
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

We're at Buffalo, NY. The weather has turned, and the rain is coming down! We decided to make a quick stop to switch the convertible for an RV, like Karen suggested. There'll be more room for Carmen to rest. Besides, once you put the top up on a convertible, it's kind of "close" inside.

I hope this doesn't slow us down too much! Keep some drinks for us Lisa. We're on our way... Tracy, get away from those Heuchera! The RV dealer is watching you!!

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Agh-eemm (clearing throat)
    I think you girls forgot someone! (pout, sniff) That's too bad, now we are all going to miss the party because you have to come back and get me! HA, that'll teach you to leave without me!

Karen, You MUST tell us what was in your box! I know Tracy sends great boxes! And you obviously do too!

Wow Pat, that is an Awesome box! I bet you are excited!

Tracy and Annie, I'm excited to get my boxes!!!! (BIG smile!)

Hey, has anyone heard from Shirley about the July swap? Is she still going to host? Does she remember she signed up? : )
    I know, I'm rushing things! LOL I'm just excited!

FRAN, HI Honey!! I will email you soon, I promiss!! I know I have been slack lately, sorry!

Well, I'm skipping out early today, SHHHHH, don't tell anyone! I'll try and chat some more later tonight when I get home.

Vic

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Lisa, you got some real beauties! EVERYONE wants them LOL. Thanks for showing us the pics, I just had to clean the key board! All that drooling and all.

Ahh, I just found out that Farrah Faucett passed away today I liked her so much, this is a say day and Micheal Jackson passed away too today. Very sad.
    I have had this message opened for about 45 minutes reading about Farrah and watching the videos, I guess I should post it now.

:( Fran

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Pat, here are some quarters! Thanks for switching to the RV, Carmen fell asleep on my shoulder and started drooling! Blech!

Karen, pass me a pina colada, will you please? I am just parched sitting up here next to Pat. (quick, shove these heuchera I snatched from Rolling Rob the RV salesman's lot under the sink back there!)

What was that Pat? Stop swearing, it's not THAT far to drive to Montana to pick up Vic, calm down, we'll still get to Lisa's before sunrise. Well, we may have to rent a jet now...

Karen, you're just too sweet. I always love reading about what you send. It is a little gift just in hearing about it. I always get big smiles from you.

Vic! You better be waiting at the end of your driveway. Pat's driving like a madwoman now. She might not slow down enough for you to jump in. Be ready!!!!

Carmen, are you awake yet? Reach back in that picnic basket to see what we can scrounge up for a snack. I think there should be some chicken salad ceoissants that I made this afternoon. I'm hungry! Anyone else?

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hey Girls!
    These sweet little babies showed up in the tree outside of my porch this morning...just feet away from me!

I've never had an up close encounter with an owl before, let alone two! I hope you enjoyed the pics :)

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Cool owls Carmen! What a nice surprise for you! Some evenings we hear owls, but I never see them. Those big eyes are something!

Well, I'm sorry, but I'm starving! Someone might not get a chicken salad croissant! Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? No? Then pass me another pina colada! I can't wait to try an appletini!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Carmen, I just about laughed myself silly. I scrolled down
    to the bottom of the thread and went too far.

I scooched it back up really quick and there were
    2 GIANT pairs of EYES looking straight at me! ROFLOL!
    Oh my goodness, they are adorable! Lucky you to have them!

I've never seen one outside of the zoo. They are so sweet!

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

AHHHH HOW SWEET Carmen, although they DO look like they are thinking GET THAT CAMERA OUT OF MY FACE!

Hey ladies, did you make it to Vics yet since you had to turn around?
    I would have wanted to make the trip too, but everyone packed in that car was too crowded for me! I didn't know you were going to stop for an RV! SOOO NOT FAIR!
    I have the bolt cutters your gonna need to snip that chain Lisa used to chain the new plants to the house! I promise to distract her while you all hide the stash in the RV.

HEY VIC!!!

Howdy Annie, how are you today?

Hello everyone! It has been another hot one today, I didn't stay out as long today as I did yesterday so I didn't get as much done either SOOOOO, I will have to get out there again in the morning around 6:30ish again. It is so quite out that early in the am! It's kind of lonely, KIND of, hehe I do enjoy the peace and quite though.
    Oh shoot, I just remembered I need to go feed my dog. Later ladies, you don't be driving too fast now, them RV's like to roll! Over, NOT on their wheels that is!

:) Fran

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

I think SOMEONE has hit the coladas a little too hard tonight! LOL! Calm down Karen, we aren't even to Vic's yet! (looking out the window, hoping someone will please pass me a croissant) Iowa is really flat, have you ever seen so many cows, I always thought Ohio was kind of flat, now I know what flat really look like, at least when we get to Montana we'll see some mountains...

I'm still hungry... Hello? Karen, could you please pass me a croissant, Carmen is not answering. Hey, are you singing? I think she's drunk! LOL!

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Oh Tracy I've laughed so hard, I really should've had that pamper on!!!!!ROFLOL

I'm so sorry the pics are soooo big, I have been working on photobucket for hours trying to learn how to post pics. I guuesssss I don't know how to size yet.(no chit charlie)

All this laughing is making run to the other end of house if you know what I mean.
    If laughter is good medicine I will be completely healed by morning.

Hay there is a wonderful pizza place in New Haven, Can we stop there for lunch. I love Conneticut this time of year.

HAY!!! WHY DON'T WE JUST GO IN SEPARATE CARS AND WHOEVER GETS THERE FIRST GETS TO KEEP ALL THE PLANTS.LOL (I can just see it now everybody squeeling wheels as we drive thru her yard looking to see where she chained them up)LOL

this has been better then I Spy.

those little owls have there all day talking to me what blessing that was.

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Vic & Fran - I thought Tracy called you while I was driving to pick her up! I thought if you were coming, you'd meet us in OH. I'm sorry but we're almost to Albany and this RV is NOT turning around tonight! It's Boston or Bust!!

Sssshhhh. Quit fussing!

Karen, would you get my purse. It's back there elevating Carmen's feet. Now, would you get my MasterCard out and call Vic and Fran with the info. You guys, just book the next flight to Jeffries Point Airport. We'll pick you up there!

Fran - Do you think you can get those bolt cutters through airport security? No? Well, we'll just have to hope that Tracy's lock pick set will do the trick!

Tracy - When's the last time you picked a lock? Do you think you can do it? If not, maybe we'll just make sure Lisa has plenty to drink. When she passes out we can look in her pocket!

Karen - We're not there yet. This RV will only go so fast, you know! The GPS says 2 hrs 52 min from Albany to Boston. Soon, Karen. Soon!

Of course, if we hadn't had to spend an hour looking around Rolling Rob's RV lot for Tracy, we would be that much closer! (When we found her she was over in that shady corner of the lot? What were you doing Tracy?)

Pass me a croissant, please. And someone refill my "Big Gulp" cup, will you?

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Tracy - There may be more than one passenger in here who's had too much! That is NOT Iowa outside your window.

Carmen - I meant to add on the last post that the owl picture is just adorable! You are so lucky to get to see them so close up. We have a big owl that hangs out near our barn but I've never seen one so small as those.

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I like watching Carmen run back and forth to the RV toilet. (evil grin, waggling eyebrows)

Mmmm, pizza sounds good, I'm in. Here, I brought these along just in case. Thought they might come in handy...

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Ohhhhhh, I thought we went back to pick up poor Vic! Woopsy! I guess I may have had a few too many! LOL!

(singing) 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of BEER, if one should fall down, pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall! 98 bottles of beer on the wall... Hiccup! 98 bottles of beer... (filling Pat's Big Gulp up with something that ISN'T diet coke, giggle!)

• sassyd
    14 years ago

If by some chance us SouthEastern girls are welcome, I got a seat fir 2 more. lol

DH has to be the pilot, I'm going, 2 more. who wants in? Do we have time to get there?

LETS MAKE THIS CLEAR! WE'RE NOT TAKING LEFTOVERS FROM TRACY! lol If the chain is cut! We don't want to make the trip! Thanks but NO thanks:))

Sassy

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Ok, sorry again, I shouldn't have tried to play.

You girls have a good night.

Sassy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well Ladies,

I went to the store,bought extra booze and you all didn't show up! I had to get rid of it all before the boy came home so...........

I have 5 guests still here, one is sleeping at the table,one is passed out drooling on the couch,another in the spare room, one seems to be having an affair with my toilet bowl. The noises coming from that bathroom are crazy! and the last one is demanding to sleep in the middle.

Thanks alot Ladies!!!

Lisa

PS: The good in this, I STILL HAVE ALL MY PLANTS!!

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Good morning,

Sassy is good to se ya girl, I.M sorry we had to leave without you. We could not find you. You still need to send me your addy.
    Some body is going to get a plant after all this fulishness and mayham is over.

Lisa love, you go ahead and enjoy those wonderful plants. I went out yesterday for a bit because you got me so cited about new plant, went to lowes, walmart, home depo and target. Nothing!! they all had the same junk except the price was different.

I have the worst hangover this norning, does anybody have any alkaseltzer? I have to get cleaning Lisa's bathroom this morning, must do that before we head back.

How is everybody this morning? I'm headed to my porch to see if the cute owls are back.

Check in later

• pat_6
    14 years ago

LOL, Lisa! You paint quite an image with those house guests.

If we didn't find your house, where did all these plants come from? (Looking around the inside of the RV where plants are hanging from the curtain rods and peeking out from the cabinets. There's soil of all colors on every surface;; and there's Tracy, passed out, with the seat in a reclined position, her head lolling to one side, and a bare-root tiarella clutched tightly in her arms.) The last thing I remember clearly is when we picked up Sassy, Fran and Vic at the airport. After that, it's all a blur...

Since we're here (well, at least we're somewhere nearby) maybe you would just hop on in and give us a tour of the best nurseries in MA? We can pool our money and buy our own great plants.

Tracy - I don't feel up to driving anymore. Could someone else take over? When we get back to Buffalo, maybe you guys could just drop me at my car?

On a more serious note...

Lisa - I'm glad you've found so many nice plants, Sweetie. I appreciate you picking something from my want list too! What an excellent game prize! (I don't know if you looked at it but, as a joke, I changed my want list yesterday to be all of the plants you've listed in the past few days. I'd better go "undo" that now.)

Tracy - I know! I'd never heard of Echinacea 'Jade' either but now that I have, I'm sure anxious to see it bloom! Now don't hurry out to buy one of your own. When it grows enough, I'll give you a start. (I also bought Echinacea 'Virgin' recently. (Birthday gift card at Bluestone) It'll be here this fall.)

How'd your catering job go? What'd you prepare? (You know, I can always talk about food!)

Karen - Thanks for telling me about the Echinacea. I'm just sure it's going to bloom true though. I bet we'll both have gorgeous white blooms all summer long! Thanks again for going to so much trouble to send such a nice box.

Vic - As you already know, I AM excited about all the great stuff Karen sent! In addition to such a great variety, they're very generous divisions! And, everything arrived looking like she just lifted them from her garden, rather than that they had traveled 1200 miles in 100 degree temps!

Carmen - I hope you're feeling better today. I also hope those little owls become regular visitors at your house! Those were so cool!

Your mention of a really good pizza place in New Haven reminded me that my favorite pizza EVER was from a little hole-in-the wall place down the street from where we lived in Norwich, CT. It was so good and the poor man who owned the restaurant worked such long hours, 7 days a week. My DH and I ordered so many pizzas from him back then (many years ago) that I've often wondered if he had to close up shop when we moved to Georgia! LOL!

Hi to anyone I missed!

I've got to go out and do some clean-up now. We had a terrific amount or rain and wind here last night. My little rain gauge says 3 1/2 inches! And, the wind flipped our glass-top dining table and shattered the top into a million pieces!

I'll check in later.

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

(Rubbing my eyes with the back of my hands) Morning everyone, Oh, am I tired! Whew! I have the stiffest neck from sleeping in that chair with my new tiarella.

Sassy, I am so glad you could join us. I am a little fuzzy on the details from when we got to Lisa's house. Could you please fill me in on what happened? All I remember is crawling around on the driveway and picking the lock. It was a tough one but I cracked it. Are you coming over my house with us? I have some leftovers to share for lunch if you're interested. Come on! You know you want to!

Lisa, how were the appletinis? I didn't get a chance to try any when we were there. That was Karen in your bathroom. I think she's still sleeping it off in the back of the RV. She's a wild one, I tell you! Wow! She does a phenomenal Dianna Ross impersonation!

Pat, I don't have Virgin either, but you all probably knew that already. :O) Now I have "Like a Virgin" stuck in my head. Where's my Metallica cd? Of course I will drop you at your car, but don't you want to come back to my house to maybe pick a few plants to bring back to Kentucky with you? I know a few hosta that you might like! LOL!

You are so nice to share it with me! Weee! I love echies, I love echies, I love echies!

As to the catering, it went very well. I got there an hour early to get everything set up. There weren't any problems which is such a bonus to me. The people that were throwing the gathering started delving into the food before their guests showed up. That always annoys me for some reason. I don't know why.

I made sausage and cheddar stuffed mushrooms, chicken salad with tart apple stuffed croissants, crudites (fancy word for vegie tray), mini reuben sandwiches, grilled chicken wrap sandwiches, plain cheesecake, cherry squares, and brownies.

I was on my way home a little before 7 and drove home in a horrid rain storm. I could only drive at 30mph on the highway. Visibility was very bad. The lightning was impressive. I white knuckled it all the way home.

• raggedyann161420
    14 years ago

OK you gals, if you can not be good while going on the road trips,I will have no choice but take away the keys! Clearing my throat here, I believe, I used to call that yard hunting!( of course I'm just kidding)

Pat, I love Echinaceas too! and I can remember when I was so enthused when I received my first Magnus/purple coneflower so many years ago; I was in heaven. But I'm having trouble keeping the White Swan coneflower. Is this particular one short lived?

Tracy, I think people that host the parties, sample the food ahead of time is because sometimes they are so busy greeting and chatting with guests that they don't have time to really enjoy the meal themselves.

Sassy, you come play anytime, and so nice to see everyone posting.

Before I forget Susie says Hi to everyone. she was having trouble posting on GW and it has something to do with her firewall.

Carmen, such beautiful pics of your owls. Do they come around often?

Vic, and Karen, for the record, just so you are not disappointed with the hosta they do have holes in them from the nasty critters. I made sure none of them hopped aboard when going in the box. Karen, I didn't mention the names of the hosta, you will just have to wait and see.

Here are a few pics of my daylily today.

CANADIAN BORDER PATROL

DAYLILY DARIUS

DAYLILY JAMBALYA, it is not quite this deep of an orange. I've taken several pics and it keeps coming up dark.

SERENA DARK HORSE

Hello to everyone else. This is my last few hours off before heading out so I better make the most of it. I hope all of you have a great week end!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    14 years ago

Here is a better picture of Jambalya. I went out and tried one more time.

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Hi Annie! You should take away the keys and drive us to your house. Heh heh heh! We would love to see your gardens! I hadn't heard that the white echinacea were short lived. I will have to read up on that. So many of the ones I winter sowed were whites. Hmmmm.

I think my big issue with picking at food before guests arrive stems from my mother. That was a big no-no in our house when company was coming. Everything had to be "just so". No holes were allowed in any food presentation. Uh Oh, I think that means I may be turning into my Mom.

Your explanation makes complete sense. I should open up my mind a little bit more to that.

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi everybody,
    Indeed the owls came back today and brought a friend, today there are 3 one of them is really skinny and has long ears!
    of course I took more pics, I won't post till I learn to make them smaller. don't want to scare anybody again

Annie those lilies are just beautiful. Those are one of my favorites flowers.
    I went on the net to find me some lilies and amaryllis, there is an amryl.name 'minerva, I want to plant in honor of my sister who died last year and her name was minerva....but anyhow I found an amaryllis name 'Carmen' so you know I have to get that one too. before you know it my garden is going to be amaryllis, lilies and corol bells.

Thank you everybody for asking, I am doing much better.

Have to go get dinner ready for huby :o)

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Carmen, you can also use a site called tinypic.com it is so much easier I think to use then photobucket and all you have to choose when you upload them to the site is the website/email size when you BEING to upload to the site and it will be the size that is a good size for use on here! Try it, I like it better then photobucket.

Today has turned out to be another hot one! I wish we would get some more rain I am hoping it will cool it off.

I need to find a place to put in another shade bed, mine is not getting the shade I had hoped it would and the plants I planted to provide shade are not growing fast enough at the moment to do the job either! I just don't have anywhere cleared off near the house to put one in!!!

I have been getting up early in the mornings and getting outside to do what needs to be done BEFORE it gets blazing hot, that is the only way to do it when it is above 90 good grief it is HOT I tell you!

Hope everyone is having a great evening,

Here is a link that might be useful: Tinypic.com

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello Ladies!

I left a cooler full of yummy appletinis outside when I left for work, just in case! lol

I'm going to go make one for myself right now! They are sooo good. I'll be beck in a minute....mmm mmm good!

I was surprised to find all my plants still here waiting to be planted. I started planting shortly after I got home from work, it was so hot and muggy. I got most in but not all. I have to take things out to make room, I really wish you girls could come. I have to get rid of a lot of plants to make room for the new.

I got my prize package from Tracy yesterday but didn't have time to post about it. Tracy, you spoiled me, thank you!!I planted those today too.

Pat, I'm sending you an email..

Carmine. glad to hear your feeling better, love those owl pics.

Annie, your lilies are gorgeous

sassy, of course you should have joined in on the fun, I had enough appletinis for everyone!

Karen, nice box you sent.

Pat, love the wants list!

I'm so darn tired, I had guests until after 12 and had to be up early for work. I'm going to relax and watch uncle Buck with my hubby.

have a great night
    Lisa

wow, this post is all over the place, please excuse me, I'm far too tired to rewrite it.

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Tracy! I got my box today : ) I would have gotten it yesterday if the darned ppl at the po would use that little thing called a scanner and scan the priority boxes! I checked online before I left work yesterday and it hadn't said anything, I got home to a notice in my box. They are in good shape, thank you!!! : )

Lisa, I would be happy to send you postage for some of the plants you are pulling out! Just LMK : )

Annie, those are beauties! Serena is a very pretty one.

Sassy, I'm surprised I haven't caught up with you one night on here, I am usualy posting late at night, well, late for you guys, I'm 2 hrs behind : )

Carmen, that is some really cool pics of the owls, I can't wait to see the new ones!

It's supposed to be good weather this weekend, if it doesn't rain and storm that is, it will be in the 70's and I can get some stuff done I hope! : )

Well girls, I will try and check in again a little later....
    Vic

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

this is a test of the tinypics website : )

I love this DL, I've just GOT to get it one of these days!
    It's Veins of Truth

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Vic,

I brought a small truck bed full of plants to my employers business last night, I wanted them off my property for my party so I gave them to him. I did dig out some more today and have plenty of others to share. I would love tosend you a box of goodies for postage!

I'm going to poke around in the morning for the extras that will work under your conditions. I saw that you want black eyed susans? I have some helianthus lemon quenn that loves the dry and is beautiful. I have peonies and garden heliotrope, they should work for you too. I have some white yarrow and ummm, god only knows whats out there. I'll make a list in the morning and email you some time tomorrow then you can decide what you would like to send for.

Nighty night!
    Lisa

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

{{gwi:1278943}}

Sorry but im still working on leaning this &%!^%& it is making soo mad EERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR HOPE YOU DON'T MIND I'M GONA KEEP ON TRYING

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hey guys,I'm so sorry for the horrid posting but just gona keep trying untill I get it. I'm sorry you have to suffer for it.LOL

Fran thanks for the tiny pics, I be messing with that later after work.

the owls are back again today. I'am so enjoying them so close.
    The last pic is clivia and oops I posted an olw twice what mess
    got go working 10 tll 4 today.

PS if you kick me out of this group I'll understand :o(

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Carmen, don't worry about the picture size too much. We totally understand. All of us have had that learning curve in here. If you click on your picture in photobucket it will bring the pic to a new page and show it alone. Move your cursor close to the top of the picture and a toolbar will appear. One of the options is "Resize". Hover your cursor over "Resize" and the drop-down menu will appear, choose whichever size you wish to change it to. I like to do Large or Medium on mine. I hope this helps.

I like your clivia, it is so bright. You southerners have some amazing plants in your gardens. The unknown blue flower is so pretty. I hope someone can ID it along the way. It is so neat!

Have a great day at work today.

Tracy

• margaret_2007
    14 years ago

Good Morning, Ladies-Just a short note this morning to all.

Annie-I sent you an email. Please let me know if you didn't receive. I love your pictures!

To all-Life is happening & haven't had the will to post although I do lurk here. Pray everyone is well & enjoying the blessings of your plants, flowers & those wonderful weeds that are overtaking my beds with all the rain & hot weather we are having here. Today is in the 90's again & then to cool down. Maybe then I will get with it. Have a great weekend. Blessings, Margaret

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Vic, that was NOT very nice! I can't believe you posted that beautiful daylily as your test pic. It is gorgeous. Now I want Veins of Truth too. Sheesh! Like I needed to add any more plants to my list! Bad girl...

I'm glad you got your box ok yesterday. I hope you enjoy the plants. I sent you an email the other day about them, did you get it?

Lisa, I put a couple extra in there to add to your collection. I remembered you said something about the white margin in the center of the albo marginata hosta and sent a little Regal Splendor too. Regal Splendor is a nice one that stands a little taller, in a vase-like formation, so will do well with smaller underplantings if you like. :O) Remember Me wasn't ready to be divided yet so I will wait to send that for when it has more eyes.

You got those in the ground pretty quick! Way to go, appletini mama!

Tracy

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Lisa, THANKS SO MUCH!!! I sent you an email : )

Tracy, that is a pretty one isn't it?! I've been wanting that for a while.

Carmen, your new buddies are so cute! And like Tracy said, we've all been there! LOL
    I did think that site Fran mentioned was a lot easier than PB, and quicker, but I only uploaded one pic from my computer.

Margaret, nice to hear from you, I understand about life happening : ) Hope all is well with you. I have a bed that the weeds over took also, that is one of my projects for today: )

Hi everyone else!

It's 10am here and it's sunny and 65 out so I'm going to get out and enjoy it!

Vic

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Hello Ladies how is everyone?
    It is another HOT HOT HOT day here today, I was outside under a shade for most of the morning BUT it was so hot I ended up with a headache oh joy!
    It sucks that it is so hot, I wish it were a little cooler here. I would love to be able to have a place to just sit and enjoy being outside all day. I wish we would get some more rain, we had good spring rains this year but now it looks like it will be turning hot and dry yet again this summer. I hate that, it means more watering for me!

Carmen, try tinypic, I am sure you will like it. It is user friendly I think! I like it with the except that I don't think you can upload more then 5 pics at a time. I am not really sure on that one. I haven't done that many there yet. A lot of mine are on PB and that is where they will stay because I am not going to transfer all the pics I have there to tinypic.
    I love the owls BTW, so cute and you are so lucky to have them so close!

WOW Lisa, that was very nice of you to offer Vic plants.
    VIC, you are one lucky lady! I hope these make it for you too. I know what it is like to lose your plants and have to start over. How is Zack doing? How are you?

Goodness I am sleepy! I need a nap. BUT I should be starting more seeds, man I have so much to do... I really COULD use a nap though lol.

Ok well gonna go check on the other threads now, hope everyone is enjoying there weekend!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Margaret, I'm happy to see you. You have been on my mind. Is everything ok? You sound a little down, dear. I will check back later tonight. The kids and I are on our way to a birthday party for 2 of our favorite little boys. See you tonight.

Hugs,
    Tracy

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Hello ALL,
    I hope everyone is well this evening, I just realized we are at the end of the month almost and the July month hasn't been posted.
    Is that gonna be up soon? I am curious as to what the theme will be. Well, I was just wondering....

Margaret I hope everything is ok there and it isn't anything too major going on. I hope everything turns around for you real soon and all.

Carmen, I love that clivia it is so nice. I hope you checked out tinypic.com.

OK well, I think I am gonna get ready to turn in soon, I am a little tired this night.

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Good Morning, Happy Sunday to everyone! I just got the mail from yesterday since we were gone all day and I found the package from Lisa for my prizes.

Thank you Lisa, the Liriope looks perfect and "Larry Ed" looks great too!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Did we leave Karen in the back of the RV when we turned it back in up in Albany? I think Sassy may have taken a snooze and not gotten off too. Hmmmmmmmmm. Where are those girls?

Pat! Where'd we lose them? You must remember. I seem to have gotten a bit fuzzy along the way.

Carmen, any ideas? Vic?

We may have to stage another road trip to find them...

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Okay! Who slipped something into my drink!!?? Knocked me right out!! lol

I've been very busy this week end. Yesterday I got a wonderful box from Annie! A BIG WOOHOOOOOO!!!! This is what she sent me...:)

Iris 'Thornbird' - I bought this last year and then gave it away, so I'm so happy to have another one! I really love it!
    Iris 'Thriller' - I love the color of this, it's a beauty!
    Iris 'Gay Parasol' - Another gorgeous one!
    Iris 'Coral Point' - I have no Iris' in this color, LOVE it!
    Iris 'Dappled Pony' - This one is awesome, it's speckled with purple, just beautiful! :)
    Hosta 'Fair Maiden' Love it!
    Hosta 'Waving Wuffles' This is sooo cool!!
    Hosta 'Takudamu Aureonebviosa' ?sp. I love the coloring of the leaves!
    and my prize Hosta 'Wolverine'

These Hostas are such a nice variety of leaf coloring and shape! Thank you sooo much Annie!! I love them all! Everything arrived happy and healthy!

So, with all of these new additions I talked hubby into tilling me a Shade Bed!!!!!! :) :) :) I spent all day/late afternoon working on it, an then had to get ready for a wedding dance. Today I went and bought mulch and another Hosta, 'Fragrant Dream' ($3.99) and 2 Heucheras 'Melting Fire' ($3.99 ea.) When I got home I spent the next 2 hours digging a little trench around the bed, filling it and the bed with mulch and planting all of my new additions to it! I still need to plant my Iris' from Annie, but I'll do it tonite. I need a break!

Tracy, I have your prize plants planted in there also. And my hosta's I received in Frans 100 swap are in the new bed.

I will take a picture and get it posted tonite or tomorrow.

I'll check back later,
    Karen

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Karen! Whew! I'm glad you made it back! LOL! I thought we left you in the RV! LOL!

Annie sent you some wonderful plants! I have to look up most of the Irises but I know those hosta and they are beauties! I can't wait to see the new bed all planted up already! Goody, goody, goody! More pictures! Weeeee!

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Yeap, we LOVE pics more more more LOL LOVE that list of plants Karen!!!

I am so glad everyone made it back from the trip I was starting to worry. Oh wait Where's Sassy? Did we lose her somewhere? I hope someone finds her soon.

I HOPE I get to go shopping for plants next weekend, the SO told me I could a few weeks ago but I didn't get to, things HAPPEN I say.
    THEN he told me NO MORE SWAPS until I get all I have already done something with, so ALL last week I planted my stuff it might not be where it is going to stay but HEY, he didn't say to put it where I wanted it, he said to DO SOMETHING WITH IT, and I did! LOL

Well, I am cooking so I guess I better go check on the food.

Later Ladies,

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Afternoon All!!

It is a hot one today, only 88, but it feels like 98. We've had such extreme swings in temp that I haven't gotten used to the heat yet and just can't seem to be out in it for long. (I'm sure it's NOT my age doing that! LOL)

ANNIE, I got my box today! Yes, TODAY! I found out that if I call the po and get someone that is friendly I can go pick it up even if they are closed! How cool is that!
    I didn't think the hostas looked that bad at all, I don't know what you were worried about! Tattoo looks sooo cool! I can't wait to get them growing!

Has anyone heard from Wendy lately?? It's been a long time since I've heard anything from her I hope she is ok.

Karen, that was a nice box of plants from Annie, she is a great person, she sent me some also.

Anyone heard from Shirley?? I'm getting excited about the next swap and what the theme will be. I actually have some things to share! HMMMM, anyone like Yucca?!? J/K, LOL!

Tracy, we are going to have to limit your appletinis, I can't believe you are still fuzzy! And we knew we didn't leave Karen in the RV, we had to drag you out of the back! LOL

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Rofl'ing! Vic, you are too funny. I do seem to recall being thrown over your shoulder at one point. Gosh Girl, you are one strong woman! LOL!

That Annie is just too darn nice! I love all those plants you girls got. How cool that the PO let you come by and pick up the box. On a Sunday! Wow! I'll have to remember that.

Shirley just popped into the schedule of swaps thread that Fran posted and is definitely going to be hosting for July. She said she is going to be doing a White Elephant swap and asked us to post if we would like to join in. She has the details over there so take a peak. It looks like it will be a lot of fun!

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Any of you up and interested, I set us up a chat room. I hope you'll join us!

http://www.chatzy.com/430451506452

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Fran, I'm sorry I missed you, I tried so hard to reach you. I really need to go to bed so we'll try tommorrow night. Or you girls can enjoy it later:)

Sassy

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Sassy, I tried replying to your email but it bounced back. I am exhausted and heading to bed. Sorry I couldn't chat tonight.

Hugs,
    Tracy

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!~ Thought I would finally post the pics of my shade bed. I can't wait to see how they fill out next year, and, I have plenty of room for more shade loving plants! :) It's not so much to look at now, though.

I am sooo happy with the swap plants and prize plans that I received in this swap! Thank you so much Annie & Tracy!
    Today is going to be a busy day, so I probably won't be on too much. I'll do a quick post on the White Elephant thread also.

Have a good day everyone!
    Karen

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Karen, your bed looks terrific! I love the sweeping curve where it meets the stone and surrounds that big tree. What a perfect spot. I hope all the plants do well for you!

Hugs!
    Tracy