Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

NEW: June *Princess of the Month~Diene~*

Debra Andruska
16 years ago

Step up and accept your Tiara as I place it on your head for the month of June. Prepare to be pampered by your loyal subjects!

I hope you have a wonderful month, Princess Diene!

Let's make Princess Diene's month worthy of her status!

Your package is going out shortly your Majesty! I'll post the DC# when I return home from the post office.

Deb

Comments (36)

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I need a copy of diane's questionair please,
    so I can see what to send.
    thanks
    michelle

• susandonb
    16 years ago

me too please, sorry I dont still have it, stupid Embarq doesnt use Earthlink email anymore so I lost some of my old emails.

yes, I am annoyed with my internet provider.

Thank you.

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone;
    I am so excited about this. Please keep in mind that garden gems are appreciated more than other things. If it grows, I will love it.
    This is so neat. I never have a summer birthday. Thanks. diene

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

DC #0306 1070 0004 0386 7047

Enjoy your month, Diene!

Deb

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone;
    I am enjoying the idea of being a princess. I was hoping the PO would do what they say they are going to do and deliver on time but no package today. Oh well, thanks Deb, I am so excited. Unfortunately, I am leaving for the weekend early tomorrow afternoon so I may not be able to acknowledge your gift until Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone. diene

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Deb;
    I was out of town on Saturday so of course the PO delivered your box. Fortunately, it was not hot or sunny so it does not look like anything suffered. I received some gorgeous plant markers made from some precious metals as befits my station in life. I also received some lovely books and magazines for my idle time. Then there were bulbs, bulbs, and more bulbs. There was an exotic canna, I have to take a look at the name again, will post more tomorrow but that was just the beginning. I also received dahlias, begonias, gladiolus, ajuga, and there was more, I just can't keep it straight this evening. Thanks so much Deb, I will properly reward my loyal subject tomorrow when I am not so scattered. diene

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone;
    I will try to remember everything. First I received a wonderful magnetized shopping list, big so you can fit everything and very pretty design so it looks good. That was perfect!! Then the plant markers are wonderful and will last alot longer than those plastic things that come with plants. Then the books and magazines, I have not seen any of them before.
    Now on to the bulbs, I have pink gladiolus, pink hyacinth, double red begonia, a starry night canna, a deep rose colored dahlia and a golden ajuga. I just arrived home and hope to get to the garden as soon as I finish my paperwork. I am toying with spreading these out or planting them all together for a riot of color. Of course the begonia cannot join the fun as it would not survive in the full sun the rest of them need. I also need to build that trellis for my clematis. Better get to work. A princesses is always busy tending to her subjects!!
    Thanks again, Deb.
    diene

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello princess diene
    your box is on its way, I hope you like them.
    I forgot to put in a card. sorry
    DC# 0103 8555 7490 3214 9248
    be ready to plant when it gets there.
    happy special month
    michelle

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Michelle;
    I am so excited. This is like a month of Christmas. I am thoroughly enjoying just anticipating my boxes. The card would have been nice but since it is not really my birthday, I cannot complain. Have a great month yourself. diene

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Michelle;
    Your box arrived today but I had some unexpected things happen and I was not able to open it. Had it been a little box, I may have but it was way too big and pretty heavy. Fortunately, it was only 58 degrees today with no sun so it should do fine until tomorrow. I am so sorry not to post immediately, thanks for your efforts. I will post again when I have a chance to inventory everything Thanks. diene

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello All;
    Well I just finished planting all my stuff, there was a purple astilbe, four different kinds of columbine, two different coleus, two differnt sedum, dianthus (red), lavendar, and I was sure I would remember but I do not. There was more of something, I will let you know later. I picked two spots in different gardens and split the stuff up into the shade lovers and the sun lovers. I am very excited to see them grow. Thanks Michelle for your hard work and kindness. "your princess diene"

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello to the group,
    Not sure what is happening with this swap, first we lose our leader, now I am not sure about what is left. I do not know if Susan ever received all of her boxes and there has been no chatter on this thread at all. Thanks to Deb and Michelle for my gifts, I know they also sent to Susan but I am not sure about the rest of the group. Are you there? Are you still with us? I will go back and look for Susan's thread but since June ends on Friday, we should be planning for the new coronation. I also need to see who takes over the reign. diene

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello All;
    After I wrote the note above I started thinking about it and I really do not need any more plants or stuff so lets just write off June and concentrate on finishing the year.
    I have Melinda's questionnaire if anyone needs it, she is our July Princess, lets get back in the spirit and finish the year.
    Hope everyone is well, if not, let us know so we can at least sympathize with you.
    Happy Summer, this is the time we all live for. diene

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I'm sorry you have not receved any more boxes, people are hopfully just buisy in the garden, I have noticed others dissapiering too.
    I have been surching the area for catepillars. so far I have 2 monarch, 5 black swallow tails, and 2 anise swallow tails.
    my garden is doing great, little too great I need to got out and weed.
    I hope everyone comes back
    michelle

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello everyone! Diene-I am behind as usual but hope to have your box out in the next couple of days. Have some dr. appts and stuff popping up but will get it out!
    Have a great day everyone! Melinda

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Melinda;
    I am serious about not wanting people to worry about a box for me. I live in a resort community and starting Saturday I have non stop company until Labor Day. I will be hard pressed to get boxes out and not have time to plant anything that is sent so I wish people would just concentrate on keeping this going. Thanks for the offer but just take care of your health so you can enjoy your month. diene

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It's so hard to keep a group going without a Hostess. I'll try to help out as much as possible. Diene (or anyone who has the "Princess" lineup list), please post an updated list of upcoming Princess names here. Aug.-Dec.
    I joined late, so don't even have an updated list. From reading the posts Melinda's next...

Let's take a roll call and see who's still participating!
    Start preparing Melinda a special box! Show her that the group is still together!

My suggestion**
    For those of you who didn't send Diene a box out for this month, think about sending her a gift certificate. That way it can be used at her convience. I'm sure Diene loves all the common online places- Glasshouse works, Parks seeds, Springhill nursery. Diene always sends/packs very special boxes. I remember her sending two boxes out for one month (to make up for Jenn's disappearance).
    If Diene sent you a box for this month, it's only right for you to do the same. ;)

Let's keep this going!

Deb

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Deb;
    I will take on the hostess responsibility for the remainder of this swap, it will be easier for me because I have already had my month. Nevermind the gift certificates, that was a nice thought but let us just get back on track. I will e-mail everyone individually to see where they are at.
    I do recognize that life has a way of making simple tasks hard and I appreciate that. I am hoping that people either get back into this group or officially drop out. We can probably replace them if they have not already had their turn. If they have, then the option to drop out is really not available to them.
    My thoughts. diene

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Diene,So sorry with the lateness of your princess box this month and my lack of posting.I am still in an RA flare but that is no excuse and isn't meant to be used as one.Oh well I will be back good to go soon and posting like mad again.Oh you all should see my poor neglected garden.E-Gads!!For now I just need to learn to admire how lovely my weeds look.LOL I will still get your box on its way this week yet just like I was planning so you will receive it before your reign ends.I won't take no as an answer so don't even try : ))
    Hope you all are having a great summer.Hope to be back full force with you all shortly.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    just for the record, I'm in till the end.
    I'm sept. I don't know any of the other months.
    have a happy day
    michelle

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Hi everyone! I would love to join the group, if you've got a place for me. It sounds like alot of fun! :O)

• diene
    16 years ago

Good Morning Hazelnut;
    We are looking for someone to take the October birthday spot. What that means is that you send a box to the July, August and September Princess and in October you are the princess and you get boxes from everyone. All we ask is that you follow through for the remainder of the year and come and visit. It is a great group.
    I will send you the questionnaire privately as you should not put your address on the web.
    I, for one, welcome you. diene

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hi
    hello and welcome hazelnutbunny.
    I live in west central IL. right on the Miss. river.
    I love to grow from seed, and I'm trying to learn more about propigation.
    I like to do wildlife gardening, I grow plants for birds, butterflys, caterpillars, and densely planted ponds for the frogs and turtle.
    I make birdhouese when I have the time.
    I have two little boys timmy 4 1/2 and jeremy 18mo.
    I hope you have fun here.
    michelle

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I can't wait to get started!

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Welcome hazelnutbunny.Good to have you on board.I absolutely love your adorable username : ))

Princess Diene,Your box is heading East thismorning.Hope you enjoy the remainder of your reign : )
    #0103 8555 7490 8715 0961

Your loyal subject...
    Nancy : ))

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Welcome hazelnutbunny! Glad you could join!
    Diene-I was working on your box! Just been busy with drs. etc and got behind! I can go ahead and send or can send sometime when the weather cools off and just be a nice surprise! I sent 4 boxes today and trying to get yours finished to mail tomorrow. PLMK if you want me to wait! I certainly enjoyed the box you sent me in March!
    Anxiously looking forward to doing no boxes in July and just getting some!! LOL!
    To all the ladies I just want to let you know that I plan on finishing the year with these. I have enjoyed doing the boxes I sent and hope you all enjoyed the ones I have sent! Even if a tad late!
    I have had some medical things pop up and most days off lately been going to dr. Some of you know and some may not that my mother (longtime member of GW) died of complications due to breast cancer last April. I have also lost 7 aunts to it and my grandmother and grandfather also had it. So I am quite faithful with my mammograms! Well this one is bad and done ultrasound and now go on Monday for MRI. Dr. didn't say much but he didn't have to I guess. But I have faith it will turn out ok, but could still use everyone's prayers. But I plan on digging and planting as long as I can!! And will be sure and get boxes out each month. My daughter is fixing to move close (yeah!) and she will help.
    So come on ladies and let's keep this going! Melinda

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I am sorry I havn't been around. Life is crazy, but good! I posted for all the boxes I got, I hope everyone saw their Thanks.

June isn't over yet, don't count me out yet, please. Diene's will be arriving Friday in her Email.

I am still in this swap unless I get booted out of course. LOL, and my gifts have to go out toward the end of each month due to payrol schedules, sorry.

Good news.... My health has improved, Don is quitting his lousy job and starting a new one Sept. 1st. Better job in pay and atmosphere, we are very happy. Garden is blowing out, I am up to my neck in cukes, pickles and soon will be in the same boat with tomatos. We are harvesting the potatos in two more weeks and I will be freezing them in french fry form. Then corn....then butternut squash....then planting Fall crops. I love gardening!!!

I appreciate you all keeping this swap going. I have been good about not joining anymore till things stable out. Looking at October for joining some new ones.

I hope you all are having a wonderful Summer, being blessed and being loved.

Hugs to all,
    Susan

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello All;
    I really feel like I have caused some anxiety when that was not my intention. I do not need anymore flowers but I do not want anyone to buy me a gift certificate like Deb suggested. I just want everyone to come and visit. That is how I have been my whole life. I love people not stuff. So do not feel you need to send me anything, just hang around and get to know me. It was a wonderful month and the flowers are starting to bloom. diene

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    diene, you should know it is usless to tell people here not to send you something, it is impossible for them not to send something. everyone is very giving and just can't stop themselfs.
    I'm very glade we are staying together, my other swap group is disolving, and I don't know if we will be able to pull it all back together. I just love getting to know people the have the same addiction as me.
    have a great day
    michelle

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Wasting your breath Diene. LOL. I would kill for about 4 Maine Lobsters! I havn't had lobster since I left MA nearly 6 years ago. That is pitiful. :(

I am having serious withdrawels.

Susan

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Susan;
    You should have said something during your birthday month. I know some lobstermen and I also know some people who have FedEx accounts. I probably could have taken care of your lobster fix.
    They have become expensive now and will be until the middle of July because they are molting now and do not move around much so the catch dries up. End of July, beginning of August, remind me, I will check it out and let you know. They can be sent live and will live 24 hours or can be cooked and sent and will last much longer. We can talk about it.
    On a much more exciting note, I recieved a wonderful box from Nancy (cedarnest) today. It had lots of bulbs and a beautiful decorative plate. I did not have a chance to disect it because we were rushing out the door to get on our new boat. That nearly turned disasterous as the engine died out in the Atlantic and Bush arrived today so the Coast Guard first told us they were too busy to come and help. The company we have contracted with to assist us in just such an emergency refused to come because of an approaching storm. The story goes on and on sounding worse by the minute but then some friends we called said they would come tow us in, the coast guard called back and said they were sending a 47 foot boat out and a third boat showed up with a backyard mechanic on board who fixed out engine as our friends arrived to tow us in. We did not see the Coast Guard, they did not make it in time and we did make it home under our own power with our friends following in case we had trouble.
    Needless to say it was almost dark by the time we arrived home and the storm never materialized (thank God) but I made myself a drink and dinner and came to visit. I think I am getting too old for this. The only good news is that was the third life threatening situation for DH. He tipped his kayak about six weeks ago and I had to drag his butt and kayak to shore, then he crashed in an airplane but no injuries and finally we bobbed along in a dead boat in the Atlantic for two hours this evening. He keeps trying to say we were never in any danger but I think he is nuts.
    I am on drink number two so please pardon grammer and spelling. I will end this now. I am well but very tired. Talk to you tomorrow. Thanks again Nancy. diene

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Diene,I am glad the box arrived ok.Hope you enjoy it.I treied to pick bulbs that would grow ok in your zone.I sure hope they do well for you.
    Sounds like you had quite an eventful day..to say the least huh?.I am afraid if anything like that would have happened to me I would have had to down more than a few.LOL Glad everything worked out ok for you and you and hubby are safe and sound.I would have been scared to death.
    Hope you have a wonderful and safe remainder of your reign Princess Diene : ))

Susan that is wonderful news on your improving health.Its no fun being down.Oh my Lobster!! Its been so long I have forgotten what it even tastes like.Think I will splurge this weekend and get a couple.See what you started! LOL : ))

Melinda,Praying everything works out well for you.You have a wonderful attitude and outlook.That means alot.Bet you are getting excited to me crowned our next Princess.It is so much fun! : ))

Michelle,Remember that birdhouse you made for me??Well I am happy to report it is now occupied by a family of wrens.They look so danged cute peeking their little heads out at me.Cracks me up : ))

Speaking of birds..Deb..Do any of those Monk Parrots nest in your yard?That would be a site to see them in the wild : ))

Hazelnutbunny..A BIG WELCOME again.You will love this group of gals.I know I sure do : ))

Well the days a wastin' so I better go get some things done.Hope you all have a Great Weekend;
    Nancy

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    nancy - I'm so very glade the wrens like the house, I don't have wrens here in town bur my MIL dose and I have made her several houses for them. they always yell at us if we get too close to them.
    I gotta go, be back later
    michelle

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Fed Ex was created for Lobsters!!! LOLOLOL

I am definitly going to remind you, maybe we can arrange it. Ok, I won't get my hopes too high, oops...too late.

Susan

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello All;
    I know this will seem strange but I decided to post here rather than intruding on HNB and her month. I received an amazing package today from Melinda. First it cost her fifteen dollars to send. Either you guys are a lot richer than I or you are bankrupting yourselves with these swaps. Please try to keep to a flat rate box, that is bad enough!!
    Having said that, I love everything and it probably would not fit in a flat rate box. That is how I know she went overboard. I received so much stuff I had to write it down, now where is that list? Oh yeah!
    A whole package of Hershey bars, eight of them!! A great book about Concrete Designs for Gardens which I will be reading later tonight. A seaside picture puzzle in a beautiful tin, you know those things Hallmark sells. I have never owned one before but I love puzzles. They keep us sane (sort of) in the winter here.
    Then there was the beautiful floral arrangement in a pumpkin vase (I think she made this, if so, she has way more talent than I). The flowers are silk so they will last until Halloween. But wait, there is more, a votive candle and holder with a lighthouse design in glass, as well as a garden flag of a lighthouse (are you seeing a theme here).
    Now the really fun stuff (yes there is more). For bulbs I received Mt. Hood Daffodils, Red Sensation Tulips and assorted color Dutch Irises. Now for live plants she sent three different daylily fans (marked of course) and a plant called Nandina. Do not ask me anymore about any of these because I have no idea but I certainly plan on finding out.
    We are in the middle of a Nor'easter so nothing can get planted today but everything looks like it was just taken out of the ground today.
    Thank you Melinda, you did make me feel royal. diene

Here is a picture of my stash

Here is a picture I took of the storm approaching over the ocean yesterday

The picture does not do it justice, you could actually see the line on the horizon where the weather was nice and the dark clouds coming in.

Thanks again for my haul. I am overwhelmed. diene

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I am so glad you liked the stuff Diene! Yes, I did make the flower arrangement. It is fun to do stuff to keep me from going crazy all the time! And I pick up stuff here and there throughout the year when things are on sale and can always throw together a box or make a craft without having to go to town. Which I hate! Have to go to work and rest of time I want to be at home!
    You sent me a couple of very nice boxes this year and I thoroughly enjoyed sending yours! You wanted me to wait so I did and felt it would be nice to send a good box when I sent! Certainly hope it is not too late to plant the items in the ground! They will probably go dormant but come back in the spring! The nandina doesn't here, so not sure about that plant there.
    Glad you enjoyed it! Melinda