Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

Pedal pushers June Jubilee

I figured the other thread would take too long to come up for those withdial up.

Lisa

Comments (151)

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ok I wanna play TRACY THAT IS NOT NICE...nah nah nah nah boo boo!!! So I am gonna guess haha...

Hello Pat, may I guess please?
    I would like to guess: Germander

Karen I am so happy I have one box left and it was not only for the 100 LPS but also for her bday month so I had to include her plants for that as well in this box, long story short I promised to give her the return postage because she is a member of the Birthday Bash Group and she wanted plants so I offered her postage if she would join the swap and I figured that would kill 2 birds with one stone and I could give her postage and plants for her Bday....so that is what I am doing, she doesn't know I am throwing in the plants I wanted to give her for her month and I only have 3 more left to put in there and those will go in the morning and I will be finished WOOOHOOO and I sure hope she is surprised and pleased with her box.

Pat I LOVE daylilies and with everything I have had going one in the last few years I had taken all of mine to my mothers and she moves things around so much she loses my tags so I have left them over there, just last weekend I found one of my tags for Pandoras Box, ERRRRR that makes me ill. She doesn't give a hoot about tags so she doesn't put them with the plant! Anyway, that makes me back to collecting mine again...lol.

Well, I just thought I would drop in and see what was going on.

:) Fran

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Lisa - I hope you're feeling better.

Tracy - What? You can't figure out the answer from that clue? Here I thought you and Karen were ace puzzle solvers! (smile) Okay. Maybe we need to build on this a little.

No, the answer isn't Sage but thanks for jumping in with something!

You must actually want this prize, wanting to boot Fran out of the game! (Of course, we know you're kidding!)

I appreciate the great build-up you gave me to Carmen. I hope she won't be disappointed when she open the box and pull out a complete garden bed! LOL!

Karen - I didn't laugh at you for not knowing "herbaceous". It's not Bleeding Heart but Tracy's right, that is a good guess.

Fran - Nope, it's not Germander. I have no idea what you're saying about the other rr you're involved in but I get that you're excited to be almost finished, so we're excited with you! Woo Hoo!!!

So, not that you could have gotten this on the first clue, but I did mess it up! (Wouldn't you know!) I wrote "varieties" when I should have written "types". In my mind those are nearly synonymous but to a more informed gardener, I don't think they are! So, for accuracy, the first clue should have been:

CLUE #1 - This plant is a long-lived, herbaceous perennial that comes in many (at least 5) types. Each type has numerous varieties.

CLUE #2 - This dependable plant grows well in full sun in Zones 3-8, with some success in Zones 2 & 9. It's biggest threat is standing water, which will cause it to rot. In my 6B Zone, the plant grows approx. 30-36" high x nearly that same width.

Participation Awards (I make myself laugh sometimes!) will go to:

Tracy
    Karen
    Fran

I'll check-in, in the a.m.
    Pat

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hmmmmm.......I'm going to have to do some serious thinking here! I think of something, and then I'm like "Wait! Is that herbaceous?" and my answer to my question is always "I don't know!!" lol.

Carmen, I sent you an email earlier. Let me know if you got it! I haven't been in my email since I sent it, so if you replied, just ignore this! lol

Hi Sassy!! Nice to see you checking in!

Tracy, I bet your white bleeding heart is going to be a beauty!

I saw this evening that my local greenhouse is having an end of the year sale on shrubs. I would realllllly like to go and see what is left, and what the cost is!

Well, it's off to bed for me!
    Karen

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

HIIIII Sassy! You snot! I see you're causing trouble again. Well, truth be told, no, they're not my gardens. I ran down to your house and dug up all of your gardens and stuck them in my yard. Ha! I think they look better here, don't you? :OP LOOOOVE YOU!

Those recipes were Pat's pineapple upside down cake and Karen's Pineapple Coconut cake. I will try to find them on the old thread and see if I can zip them off to you tomorrow sometime.

Fran, did you say something? All I could hear was Karen screaming NA NA NA NA NA NA. Oh well, maybe you can try to guess a little later when she stops drowning you out. LOL!

Karen, you have me giggling again. I looked up the definition of Herbaceous Perennial earlier just to make sure before I answered the first round. LOL! You are not alone! Just go with non-woody perennial and I think we are pretty safe. I think...

When we were out running around today I did see one green house that had 50% off signs in the windows. I didn't have time to stop today but I SOOOOO want to go back. It isn't too close to my house so I hope I can get back there soon. It is pretty early for sales here so I really should go check it out. I hate to get down there and they marked the prices up in order to mark them down to regular price.

Pat, did I say Fran couldn't play? Hmmmm, oh yeah, I did, cause she's a stinker and ALWAYS wins! Heck yeah, I want to win. Those babies are pretty!

You are so sweet to have participation prizes. What a doll you are. OK, for my next guess I will pick PHLOX!

You made me laugh at boosting Carmen's expectations. Now I have images of her opening a box and an instant magic garden appears like when Wile E Coyote opens up one of his ACME boxes in a Bugs Bunny Cartoon. She unrolls it and out pops mature echinacea, heuchera, hosta, all in magnificent blooms! LOL!

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Ok, my next guess will have to be Iris.

Tracy I got some seeds of white bleeding heart from Mariann last year and sowed them over winter, out of 15 seeds 2 germinated I was tickled purple because I have never grown them from seeds before so now thanks to Mariann I not only have White Bleeding Heart BUT it means more to me too because I started it from seeds!
    Tracy I keep forgetting to pull up the thread with the pics of the yard in it but I just went an found it for you I will post the link below.
    We have changed some things around since those pics where taken, that was when we first moved here in March.

Hello Sassy, glad to see you again. Annie is a gem! Did you see I am starting an Annie dedicated flowerbed? Yeap, she will be honored in my yard LOL.

I will not be winning this game I am sure I am stumped to say the least. The plant world is LARGE, so to whom ever guesses it correctly...YOU GO! hehe.
    At least there is the participation award, so we won't feel like total losers lol.

I want to see Carmen's Garden in a box! I like getting those boxes really I do hehe. Those are the best ones to get!

Karen sort of understands about what I am talking about in the 100 Limit Plant Swap she had joined and received her return box last week. I still had 3 left to go 2 went out Maonday the last was a specail box, not only for the contents of the 100 swap but for the Birthday Bash group I host as well, I included her plant gifts inside her box plus covered her postage as a gift back to her for her birthday, that is what that post was about above. Is the reason the last box is the last one going out is because it had 2 swaps to be covered instead of just the 100 swap :D.

Ok well, I went to bed and couldn't sleep because my allergy/sinuses are not happy at the moment and the med I have is not the right one and I just feel lousy at this second which is why I am up and rambling at the moment. So I thought I would come check out GW. So I am moving on to see if anyone is talking in any other threads now....hope you all are sleeping well.

Here is a link that might be useful: My yard to play in

• pat_6
    14 years ago

CLUE #1 - This plant is a long-lived, herbaceous perennial that comes in many (at least 5) types. Each type has numerous varieties.

CLUE #2 - This dependable plant grows well in full sun in Zones 3-8, with some success in Zones 2 & 9. It's biggest threat is standing water, which will cause it to rot. In my 6B Zone, the plant grows approx. 30-36" high x nearly that same width.

CLUE #3 - This plant has really nice, fragrant blooms; but they will diminish in size if the roots become overcrowded. Luckily, if the perennial was planted correctly, it can take 10-15 years for that to happen! (I mentioned this plant is "long-lived", didn't I?)

Participation Awards will go to:

Tracy
    Karen
    Fran

To those of you who are lurking: I'm encouraging you to put in a guess on this game. When you know what the participation award is, I think you'll wish you had!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1279312}}

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Hi, Sassy! Nice to see you.

LOL, Karen! I'm pretty sure herbaceous is just what Tracy said. I think of it as "dies back to the ground in the winter", though that might not be 'technically' correct.

Mine is an educational game! (Smile) By the time we're finished, I want you guys to know a little about the plant because a division of it will be the Participation Award, for those who want one and are willing to wait 'til later in the season.

Tracy - The picture you described of Carmen's "garden in a box" was EXACTLY what I envisioned when I wrote that. How funny! I was trying to think of a susinct way to describe it but my mind wasn't as quick as yours! Wouldn't we all want one of those gardens? You can probably even get a weed-free variety.

Speaking of Carmen, she must have taken you seriously about intercepting the mailman. Maybe she's out on the porch right now!

Fran - I knew your earlier post made sense to others. I just never get around to visiting other threads so I didn't know what you were eluding to. Thanks for explaining it a little more for me. Maybe now you can slow down and join in our chats more.

I hope you're feeling better this morning. I know, first hand, that sinus/allergy stuff is NO fun!

Your photos are beautiful. I missed seeing them before. Your home is so sweet and I love your barn! We have a barn too, though ours isn't in very good shape and will probably have to be taken down in a few years.

Well, as you all can see, I posted another clue. Of course that means it's not iris or phlox.

It's hard to give clues. To me, every stinkin' one that might make it easier (like Clue #3) is SO obvious that I think, "If I type that, the very next person will know exactly what it is." Of course, I might be thinking that way because I already know what it is... Then again, maybe Clue #3 will do it!

Pat

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hello,Hello Hello!
    You girls have been chattering so loud that I can't hear the mailman coming you all crack me up, what imaginations you all have LOL
    Lisa & Fran (it think it was Fran) I hope you are feeling better today, Im praying for you.

Pat I'm guessing "PEONY"

I just needed to put my two cents in before I go back to my projects.

Pat it amazed me that you new that I did not need another "thing" I have waaay too much stuff, this is my project for his weekend I'm havnig a 3 day yard sale. Hope fully I'll get rid of most of it.

To all the rest of you have a wonderfull day.

I just can't wait till that postman gets here so keep it quite heehee LOL
    Gots to go now. Follow the yellow brick rd. cleaning, picing,organizing OH MY

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Fran, you have a huge, huge, huge piece of property! I love all the rolling hills. My mind is just jumping at all the possibilities. You are a very lucky girl to find such a wonderful place. I love the barn and chicken house. Simply awesome!

Pat, for some reason these clues aren't getting me any closer to the answer. LOL! At first I was thinking Peony like Carmen and then I said well, how many types of peony's are there. The answer to which is "I have no idea!" LOL!

OK. I am going to guess now. Is it a rose bush?

Carmen, please do not pounce on the poor mail carrier. You might terrify the poor fellow! I know you're excited for your ACME Grarden to show up but be careful. We all know what happens to Wile E when he gets what he has been waiting for.

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Ok My next guess is: CANNA, good grief, Pat yes it is easy for you because you do know what it is. I played this with the Birthday Bash as 20 questions and I kept thinking someone HAS to know what this is, but trust me when your guessing you have no idea LOL.

Thanks on the yard comments, it is LARGE. I haven't even made a dent in it yet LOL. I THOUGHT I had a lot of plants to fill it in with nothing close yet. I have lots of plans for beds but the problem at the moment is the yard has a lot of wire grass/buffalo/witch grass in it and I have to try to kill it out before planting because if I don't it takes over everything well the even bigger problem I am having now is the grass STILL comes up through whatever we have put down as a barrier to stop it from coming up in the beds so as much as I hate too I am going to have to spray the stuff with brush killer, and yes that is what it will take to kill it out because the roots are 6-8 inches deep in the ground.
    The stuff has surprised me with how deep it is in the ground because usually this stuff just sort of skirts over the top of the ground, but this stuff must be ancient because it is DEEP, you can't pull it out because it is so deep. It is making planting very difficult!
    I try to dig it out of the area I am trying to plant in but like I said it is deep and almost impossible to get all the roots out.
    We put down shipping cardboard boxes which were roughly 1 inch thick and this stuff penetrated those boxes ERRRRRR, it is a nightmare!

ANYWHOOOOO, there is an area with deep shade I so want to get a nice shade graden going there but right now the poison oak and ivy is so thick I can't get in it because I am highly alleric to that stuff too. I can look at it and practically get infected. It stinks!

BUT as you can see there are a lot of places for some nice beds and I have always wanted a rock garden and there are a few terrific places for them here lol. All the pics of all of the ones ya'll have posted makes me want to get it in now but I have to many more beds to get done first and I can't wait til we get the pond in.
    I love the yard and it was the main reason I wanted to move here, I love the barn too I wish we could hurry up and get our horses!!!

OK I am shuting up now, I really did ramble LOL, now I have things to plant....

Later ladies,

• margaret_2007
    14 years ago

Hi, Ladies-Just a quick guess on the game. My guess is hydrangea. That is the only plant I can think of. Have a great day! Blessings, Margaret

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello ladies,

I want to guess....is it a lilac bush?

I went to larrys today and posted his pic on a seperate thread. He has joined gardenweb and will be posting as soon as he can get into his email to confirm that he wants to be a member.

Please, if you got a larrys iris leave him a message, I told him where to look so he can post himself.

I hope everyone is doing okay, I can't stay on because my neck will start to throb.

I'll check back later.

Lisa

• pat_6
    14 years ago

You, guuyys! It didn't turn out to be Fran that you had to worry about. Carmen had the right answer! See, I knew I was giving too much away with clue #3!

Congratulations, Carmen! I'll send your Daylilies out in a day or two. (I'll change one of them out for another variety though, since I already happen to know you have that one. (Sly smile.))

As for all of you "Participants" (and this worked out well because Carmen's zone is too warm for the plant) I'm offering you a small, flat-rate-box of heirloom Peonies this fall.

Some of you know this but a few years ago, after my mother died, my husband and I purchased the home that I grew up in.

My parents built this house in 1963. Around 1966 my father (who never showed interest in any ornamental other than trees) started buying and planting Peonies like Festiva Maxima, Strawberry Sundae, Karl Rosenfield, and others. He wanted some because he remembered them from his grandmother's when he was young.

Anyway, I guess they spaced them appropriately when they planted a row approx. 5' deep x 50' long in front of the house. (For non-gardeners it was the perfect plant. They came up in the spring, produced heavenly flowers, acted as a shrub all summer-fall and they mowed them down after a frost.)

By 1980ish, when the orignal plants had been divided, there was the original 50' row plus a 30' long row on each end of the house. By 1990ish, they gave peonies to everyone they knew, replanted the 110 l.f. row, and still had to make an "overflow" bed to hold the remainder.

When bought the property 5 years ago, those were the only herbaceous (smile) perennials on the lot! Of course, my whole family grew up with them; so we were very sentimental about them. My extended family came and everyone dug up all they wanted, all they could give to their extended families, etc.

I was still swimming in Peonies! Before I could begin any landscaping on the front and ends of the house, I made MANY gardenweb trades for other things.(Don't think that I haven't kept quite a number of them for myself. I have.) However, that "overflow bed" is still intact and on my list for this fall.

So, Tracy, Karen, Fran, Margaret and Lisa; if you'd like to have some of these, I'd like to ship them to you. But it will have to wait until fall, as that's the proper time for lifting and dividing peonies. (I would have told you all about dividing and planting in later clues but...)

There's one thing that you might not love about the offer. That is that I can't tell you which variety you will get. They are all the gorgeous doubles, with amazing fragrance but when they were divided (and maybe from the original planting) they were all mixed in together.

If you would like me to send you some this fall, just send me your address soon, so I have it to help keep my obligations straight.

BTW, Tracy, though these peonies are all the same type, they are (at least) classified as: single, double, Japanese, anemone and semi-double.

There's a link below for a pic of one that of the blooms.

Pat

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1279313}}

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Lisa,
    I'm glad you mentioned Larry! I almost forgot to say that I received my start of his iris. Thank you so much! I will look for your new thread a little later. Right now, I'm "supposed" to be helping DH install a garage door opener. Gotta' run...
    Pat

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Carmen, Congratulations! You rock girl!

Pat, see how little I know about peonies? I only have three different ones right now. They are all from trades that I did last year. None have bloomed so far so maybe you should post those planting and care tips for me (pretty please???). I would absolutely love some of yours when they are ready. You are a sweetheart!

Lisa, I peaked in on the thread with Larry and his card. He looks so thrilled! I am so happy for him. What a wonderful gift he has given all of us through you. I think you have a great heart and I love what you've done for him and his gardens. You truly are a gift to all of us. Hugs!

I will be thinking of a game to play while I mow the lawn this afternoon and I will be back later to post it. Hmmm, what should we play? (waggling eyebrows like Groucho Marx)

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Tracy you are such a nut.

Caongrats Carmen lucky you!

Pat, I would LOVE some peonies, that is prefect for me too because I have always loved them and started collecting them this year too, I purchased a lot and so far they are not doing a thing! I am so upset, I am afraid they will not make it. I am hoping though that with the rootstock planted they are just resting and not dead!
    Even unnamed ones would be terrific BUT the bonus of yours is when they do bloom they can be IDed! Thanks for such a great offer, even though I would have loved to have won those gorgeous dayliles a box of peonies is nothing short of fantastic too!
    Thanks again that was so sweet of you!

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't believe I won again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have never won a thing in my life, two in a row is enough to make you go gambling. Let me see where can I find a cassino?
    Pat thank so much I really only quessed to be part of the other deal LOL. Love peonies they remind me of my mom who died in a car wreck years ago, she loved peonies. I feel like I need to send you postage or something you are sending me so much. I was drooling over those lilies but never dreamed that I would win.

Ladies eat your heart out (just kidding)
    NOW WHERE IS THAT MAIL PERSON? (HANDS OVER MY FOREHEAD LOOKING EVERYWHERE)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

She's getting cocky you guys, wins 2 in a row and now she's ready for the high roller tables.

• pat_6
    14 years ago

This is my 3rd attempt to post! GW keeps freezing up and my text disappears. That is so aggravating!

Fran - I didn't mean to ignore your message about daylilies earlier. I like them too, though I'm actually trying not to get any more for now. At least if I do, I need to cull something that I already have.

I completely identify with your frustration over losing your plant i.d.s. That would drive me crazy too. (I'm one of those people who draws every bed on paper and annotates the name and position of each plant!)

I don't know which Peonies you got this year but I've read that the old varieties (like Dad's) actually do much better in your warmer climate than the newer ones, many of which are developed for cooler zones.

I know that spring is not the best time to plant peonies. It's a little better if what you bought is an actual, potted plant; but I think that tubers have a tendency to "fail to flourish". I hope yours prove that rule wrong!

Also, be sure you don't have too much soil over them. It's easy to make that mistake.

Carmen - Ambitious you to be holding a 3-day yard sale! I've done that before and it can be a LOT of work. Of course, if you are getting rid of all of your stuff maybe I should have sent you some new extras... I hope you truly don't mind that your box is just plants.

Tracy - I did get a good chuckle when I looked at your and Karen's trade lists this a.m. and saw that you both already have some peonies. I said to myself, "Well, as soon as they read that "10-15 years before dividing" thing they will know exactly what I'm talking about!" Who would have guessed that sneaky Carmen would slip in there and snatch those dls from you! And then to flaunt it like that!

As for your peonies, they will hardly ever bloom the year or two after you plant/move them. Of course, it depends on how established they were when you planted them. I've seen tiny little starts that take years to mature and I've seen tubers as big around as my wrist, which bloomed the next year. I think the general rule is not to worry unless it's been 3 years or unless you planted them too deep (The eyes should not be more than about 2" below the soil.)

Lisa - I hope you're feeling better. It's a wonderful thing that you did for Larry (and us) sharing his garden. I know losing his independence must be so hard for him but you can't tell it by the broad smile on his face in your picture!

I'll check in with you all later.
    Pat

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1279316}}

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Tracy I love that little guy He is too cute!

Karen I meant to tell you don't rush on that iris send it when it is comfortable for you.

Fran I love your house and land looks like a piece of heaven to me.If you decide to have that daylily swap count me in I just had the most beautiful one open for the first time this morning she is creamy yellow w/pinkish at the end of the pedals, too bad I don't know what it is.

Good night ladies
    OH WHERE IS THAT MAILMAN?

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Pat, my tubers were pretty small and were bare root when I got them. I do believe I planted them too deep at first and then Diene told me to lift them in the soil so they were higher up. I followed her advice and they did look much happier. They have more stems and foliage than before so it is an improvement. I started to worry because a couple buds formed on one of them but then they dried up. I figured I was doing something wrong. It is good to know that they are probably just immature. Whew!

Yeah, well I would only have guessed it out of the blue. Not with any real knowledge involved though. I really am completely in the dark on peonies. I only know that I absolutely LOVE their blooms. I will become a better peonist! I will! At least I hope...

Carmen, he was supposed to be menacing! LOL! Now, quit winning games darnit! No wait, you can win the next one because I won't be guessing since I will be hosting it.

I was thinking of something along the lines of "I Spy". If I do this I will need to do a little setting up for it and then post a picture in the morning. Hopefully the weather holds and I can do it. Wish me luck!

Here was my laugh of the day. I was walking around the yard before I cut the grass, picking up toys and branches before I got the mower out. I walked over by the shade garden next to the neighbor's yard and their crazy puppy, Stewie, came out to greet me. He is so sweet and crazy. I love talking to him when I'm over there. He gets so excited and runs back and forth along the fence whenever I'm over there.

Well, I was talking to him, bent down to pick up one of my daughters toy buckets, then a stick, and felt something so gross under one of my fingers. Stewie was getting excited because he thought I was going to throw the stick for a game of fetch. I flipped the stick over in my hand and lifted my finger. I had smooshed a SLUG and there was slug goo all over it! I tossed the stick away as fast as I could. Stewie bolted and runs nose first into the fence! I'm flicking my hand trying to dislodge the smashed slug and saying EW EW EW! Finally, I got it off and looked up to see a very pouty pup who, I am sure, was wondering why I teased him like that. Poor Stewie. The good news is that there is one less slug to mess with my hostas.

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Good morning!

I don't have time to read all of the posts, but wanted to let Carmen know that I have her Iris ready to mail, but I still need your mailing address! When I checked your email, there was no mailing address listed. :P
    So as soon as you send me that, I will get your Iris mailed. I be back to chat later! :)

Karen

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Today could be the day. I just checked the status on USPS and it said:

"Your item arrived at 5:43 AM on June 17, 2009 in WINTER GARDEN, FL 34787"

It might actually be time to start watching for the postman. (If he's like mine, he NEVER rings twice. He either just throws the box on the porch and drives quickly away or he sticks a notice in the box. Either way, he never even checks to see if I'm here!)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Good morning everyone. I woke up this morning and my first thought was "I better get set up for our game before the rain hits". As my feet hit the floor the sound of a deluge began hitting the roof! Argh! I will wait a while to see if we get a break in between downpours. Then I will set it up and be back with the game. At least I got the grass cut yesterday. :O(

Pat, that poor mailman won't know what hit him when Carmen comes bolting out her door at him. I hope he's a strong one. :O)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Here is a picture of part of the rock garden. There are nine objects in the garden that do not belong. They can be anything except what has been there before. All of the items were placed there this afternoon and will not be in any of the pictures you've seen before. Rocks are part of the garden as well as the solar lights so they do not count. :O) The first person to get all nine wins! The prizes for this game will be... Heuchera Caramel, Heuchera Obsidian, and Heuchera Crown Jewel. Good luck!

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Good game, Tracy! Unfortunately, I don't know what ornaments used to be in that bed. (I will be looking though, as I'd like to win the prize!) Just so I can get a guess in, here's what I see:

Doll
    Turtle
    Watering Can
    Flower Pot
    Spade
    Rocking Horse
    Chair
    Straw
    ?Raccoon?

I also see the blue and copper ornament but I feel sure that's been there.

Then there's something yellow on the bottom right... Is that Chalk?

I'm off to look for an earler pic! You can go ahead and box up that Heuchera. My address is...

Pat

• pat_6
    14 years ago

I'm back, again. Gotta' hurry and solve this before Carmen pops in! LOL!

I can see the flower pot in an earlier photo, so I'm sure that's a mistake. In looking over this pic for another item, I think I see some type of a little soldier/figure in the bottom right corner. Maybe a red jacket & a black hat? (This is cracking me up! I can just imagine you looking at the same picture and saying, "No, that's not chalk. That's a leaf. No, that's not a figure, it a flower bloom turned at a funny angle. Straw? What straw? Oh, that piece of grass?" Kinda' like the Horshack Test.)

So, my revised guess is:

Doll
    Turtle
    Watering Can
    Spade
    Rocking Horse
    Chair
    Straw
    ?Raccoon?
    Little guy in lower right corner

...and maybe a piece of chalk!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

So far you have the doll, turtle, watering can, rocking horse, chair, raccoon, and the little guy in the right hand corner (snowman), and the chalk (which someone else added that little bit so I guess that makes 10 items! LOL!)

There isn't a spade or straw. The blue and copper ornament wasn't there before. Guess what it is! Come onnnnnnn!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Oh, and I think that "flower pot" you see is really the top to my solar light. (giggle)

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Tracy - That really is chalk? Giggle. I just knew you were going to say, "Where? There's no chalk!"

I'd say you're right about the solar light top being what I thought was a little flower pot.

If there is no spade, what is that vertical thing sticking up on the right hand side, very near the concrete? Is that another light? (As with my game: It's all so obvious when you know the answers! (snort!))

I thought that was a little, bent straw between the 2 rocks just to the left of the turtle. (I told you I was "seeing things"! LOL!

Okay, so there's 10 items:

1.Blue & Copper ornament
    2.Doll
    3.Turtle
    4.Watering Can
    5.Rocking Horse
    6.Chair
    7.Snowman
    8.Raccoon
    9.Chalk

and...

When I zoom in enough I almost think there's a little green roof or something to the right of the chair, left of the rocking horse and very near the rocks. Vertically, it's somewhere between the chair and horse. It's probably another light but it's all I see...

Shoot, you just know Fran of Carment is going to swoop in here and snatch the prize out from under me! Well, sure, now that I've done 95% of the hard work! (Laugh!) I'll keep looking...

• pat_6
    14 years ago

That's not a sprig of Mistletoe at the bottom edge, left of center is it? Whatever it is, I don't see in anywhere else in the picture. If it isn't a game piece, what is that plant? On my monitor (or to my bleary eyes) it looks like it has white berries.

Just in case... (I don't want to guess right but not present the required list. (Smile))

1.Blue & Copper ornament
    2.Doll
    3.Turtle
    4.Watering Can
    5.Rocking Horse
    6.Chair
    7.Snowman
    8.Raccoon
    9.Chalk
    10.Mistletoe

Okay. If that's not it, I will wait and see who wins 'cause I don't see anything else!

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

PLANTS HAVE ARRIVED1!!!!! MAILMAN IS DEAD!!!!OH NO!!!!

Have to go must open box and refresh hot plants

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

OK here is my guess, Pat I WAS LOOKING lol. I can't make the photo zoom so I am doing my best to actually SEE the items.

1. Snowman
    2. Little doll with blue dress
    3. Turtle
    4. Chair
    5. Rocky Horse
    6. Watering Can
    7. Raccoon
    8. Little Metal Ornament
    9. piece of caulk
    10. white thing in the middle to the left of the solar light
    Cherub maybe?

Who wants to try next LOL.

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Fran, I knew you must be looking! LOL! Sure, now that I've gotten past the embarrassing part of mis-identifying a number of things... here you are to win the prize!

To that I say, "You go girl!" I gave it my best effort. I don't know what else is in that picture. I hope she didn't do anything really sneaky like stick in a marble or a penny, you know, something so little we can't even see it! You wouldn't do that, would you Tracy?

Tracy - speaking of Heucheras (well, sort of, as they are the prize) how is the color on your 'Southern Comfort'? I've only seen it in pictures at places like Terra Nova. Of course, they always make it look so beautiful. What's your opinion of one in person?

Carmen - Glad to know your box arrived safely. Let's hope the plants traveled as well.

Somebody get that 10th clue. I want to at least know what it is!

Pat

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Ohhh, look what I've been missing!!!!!! Off to look at that picture!

Karen

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Well, I'm going to take a guess and say....

1) turtle
    2) doll
    3) snowman
    4) chalk
    5) necklace
    6) sunglasses
    7) rocking horse
    8) raccoon
    9) watering can
    10) chair

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Ok, Miss Pat and everyone else. Now I know what Pat is talking about when she is referring to the straw. That is something but it's not straw! And be mooooore specific about that little metal ornament thingy! This is more fun than I tought it would be! Tee hee!

Hurry Up Pat, the pack is nipping at your heels.

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

REVISED GUESS

Turtle
    Doll
    Chair
    Snowman
    Chalk
    Rocking Horse
    Raccoon
    Sunglasses
    Watering Can
    Copper and Blue Snail

I wish I had zoom!!

Karen

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Woo Hoo Karen is back and guessing! Weee!

Ok, so far there is:
    Turtle
    Chair
    Baby Doll
    Rocking Horse
    Watering Can
    Raccoon
    Snowman
    Chalk

Just two more items! Pat, you know where they are, now what ARE they???? :O)

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

How about:

turtle
    doll
    chair
    snowman
    chalk
    rocking horse
    raccoon
    watering can
    miniature golf club
    and if not a copper and blue snail is it a bird? (garden globe)

This will probably be my last guess. My youngest has a ball game, and I won't be home until after 8pm. So good luck girls!!! :) This was a fun game Tracy!! Great idea!
    And, beautiful prizes!

Karen

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Fran, no cherub, that is the raccoon (now I know you are cheating off Pat's list, LOL), and be more specific than ornament thingy. :O)

Karen, no necklace or sunglasses.

Pat, I can honestly say that my heuchera Southern Comfort is very true to color. It looks just like Terra Nova's. The one I have is very immature with just a few leaves on it right now but the color is really good

And NO! I wouldn't be so sneaky as to stick a little penny in there so you couldn't see it! LOL! However, that straw thingy is certainly giving you a run for your money! As well as the coppery blue thing you mentioned earlier! LOL!

Hugs!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Karen! YOU WIN! Yes! the last 2 items are a golf club and a snail garden ornament! WOOO HOOO! I am so excited! Yay! Congratulations! I was just about to tell you where to find the zoom on the tool bar for you! LOL! Excellent!

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Yeahhhhhh!!! (jumping up and down!!) I feel bad though, like I swooped in and stole it from Pat! :( Don't be mad at me Pat!!!!

I hate to run, but I have to get ready for my son's game. Tracy, that game was so neat!! I'll check in again this evening.

Karen

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Good job, Karen! Congratulations!

LOL, I thought that miniature golf club was a bent drinking straw.

That was fun, Tracy! It seemed so clear and yet... I knew I was "seeing things" that weren't really there.

I missed the last bit of the game. DH and I went out to supper and that was a good consolation prize!

Pat

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hey everybody, looks like you guys have been having a great time with that smarty pants Tracy hehe what a great game sorry I didn't have chance to participate, I was too busy opening a certain box and planting plants.

Pat that was a great box you sent I still have a smile on my face, the girls weren't kidding when they said you send the best box.I was a little concerned because we have had really really hot weather today was 103 acording to the weather report. So yes I was waiting for the mailman to hurry and unwrap those poor babies they were so hot but they seem to be in great shape. Again thank you soo much Pat

This is what Pat sent me
    blue star lithodora
    eldorado feather reed grass
    star jasmin
    armeria bellarina whits
    tri color sedum
    heuchera alabama sunrise
    longin russian sage
    daylily duke of durham
    hosta great expectation
    And the best of all was the miracle I was waiting for
    heuchera miracle

I love it, Pat you made my day!
    Plants are already in there new homes.

Karen congrats, you got it going on girl!!

Great game Tracy, who and what is next?

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Wow! Carmen, you got a fantastic box from Miss Pat! Wow! I think I may come down there and steal a little "miracle" from you! (cheeky grin) I hope you at least called 911 for the poor mailman! LOL!

Well, if you guys would like we can do the same game again tomorrow night. That way everyone can have a better chance at playing in the evening and I will have some time to collect some different stuff to place out to "SPY".

I am so glad you guys had fun. I was worried that it was going to be too easy. I was getting a giggle out of Pat's eyes playing tricks on her. (giggle) Let me know if you want to play again and I will start figuring it out for round 2.

Karen, I will be mailing out your prizes on Monday so they won't get stuck at the PO. Congratulations again, sweetie!

Hugs,
    Tracy

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Thanks Tracy!! :) Yes, play again!! Since I just won, I will not play this round, at least I won't post any finds! I'll still look for the items though, it's too fun not too! Monday is just fine with me for mailing your beauties!!

Carmen, awesome box!! Some of those flowers I've never heard of!! I put your Iris in the mail today. Here is a DC# for you: 0308 0730 0000 2115 9506 I'm hoping it will make it to you on Saturday. (or Friday) If it gets stuck in the PO over the weekend, and doesn't fair well, please let me know, I'll send a replacement. I wasn't thinking about 100+ temps! :( As winnie the pooh would say 'think, think' which I did not! lol

Pat, I noticed that golf club right away, but thought, nah, it must be a twig. I thought for sure I saw sunglasses, right above the little golf club and to the right a bit. Even my son said it was sunglasses! lol. I'm still planning on mailing your box to you on Monday!

My son's ball game was a hoot. He is only 8 and plays on the 'squirts' team, next up from T-ball. He gets too bored in the outfield, well, inner outfield, and likes to sit down and play in the dirt during the game. My hubby and I would like to walk out onto the field and tell him to get up!! Maybe I should have put him in soccer! That would keep him moving!

Oh, I just remembered, I will probably miss the game tomorrow anyway, because it is my Dad's birthday, and we will be there. Last week was my mom's birthday, and Saturday is their 45th wedding anniversary. They are having a fish fry for my sister, me and our families. Yummm. Then Sunday is Father's Day, right? June is always such a busy celebration month!

Well, I've rambled, so I will go and check back in a bit.

Oh, Fran, have you been kickin back, and taking a nice break yet??? My plants are still potted up, and looking good! :)

Karen

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Well SHOOT, I had looked at the other pics trying to figure it out and when I came back and glanced at this one again I thought the raccon was something else good grief, apparently it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me but my brain!
    I see something in the top right corner but can't figure out what it is and I don't know how to zoom in on the pic to look at things better.
    All I could think of on the ornament was a copper and marble ornament, I can't tell it is a snail!

Dang KAREN you are GOOD lol. Congratulatioins on a game well played!
    I am glad your plants look well I still haven't gotten the ones I kept planted I have been busy still. BUT I am glad all the boxes are mailed out.

Tracy this was a fun game and I love playing ones like this. Too bad I missed those I would really have liked those Heuchera lol.

Lisa, I am sorry you have having trouble again, I hope you feel better really soon.

Camren I am so glad your box arrived LOL, now I bet the poor mailman will hide in fear of you from now on because of this swapping thang hehe.

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Shucks Karen, You have to play again! I am going to try to make it harder. Tomorrow should be funny with me digging through the kid's stuff to use. A little treasure hunt for me and a game of I Spy for you guys! LOL!

Hey Fran! I'm glad you are done with all of your packaging and sending for the other swaps. I don't have the guts to host one of those huge round robins. I think I would go crazy trying to keep it all straight. UGH! Sorry you didn't get the heuchera darlin. I will figure out some other goodies for round two tomorrow. Hmmmm, thinking, thinking, thinking....

Pat, what about you? Are you up for another round? I think you were right on the edge of getting it! I was rooting for you! I had checked back a few times and there weren't any new posts, so off I went to do laundry and then you were whisked away to a nice dinner with your hubby! Bummer! I hope you had a nice time.

OH, I wanted to ask you if you ever pop into the hosta forum? They have an alphabetical list of hosta going. Each letter of the alphabet has their own thread and the hosta freaks (yes, I am one too) have been posting pictures of their beauties that begin with that letter. I have found a couple of new must haves. A few are Dream Weaver, Dream Queen and Dragonfly. Oh, they are beauties!

Carmen, are you going to be around? How is the garage sale going? Exhausted yet? I hope you've had lots of customers buying your stuff. A busy yard sale makes it all worth while. Now, how is that mailman? Still comatose? :O)

Lisa, you better pop your hiney in here to play too. Hope your neck is feeling a little better so you can visit.

Tracy

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Ok, you girls need to settle down! You're getting way too roudy without me!

I know I'm a little late posting, but....

Pat, I'm going to guess Peony

and Tracy I'm guessing
    turtle
    doll
    chair
    snowman
    chalk
    rocking horse
    raccoon
    watering can
    miniature golf club
    snail garden ornament

How did I do??? LOL
    Ok, ok, I will have to make sure I'm around for this next game!
    You girls did a great job with the games!

I was trying to read all the posts but you gals have been chatting away! So... I was just kinda skimming through them and seen 'PLANTS HAVE ARRIVED1!!!!! MAILMAN IS DEAD!!!!OH NO!!!!' and had to go back and see WHY Carmen killed her mailman! ROFL
    That does sound like an awesome box Carmen!! I'm getting swap envie, who is hosting next month? I think I will have to join, after all it is my Birthday month so I need to do something special right!?!

Oh, and Carmen, LOVE your garden pics! and the dry stream bed! I really want to put one of those in, I just haven't done it yet.

Sassy! I missed something, I didn't know you were working now, congrats! and Yeah, it's kinda a bummer to have to sacrafice other things isn't it, I know just how you feel girl!

Tracy, in regards to the 'kiddie' pool, well, it is a little bigger than that, I guess I meant little in that it's only 3 1/2 feet deep and you blow up the ring and it floats up and holds the sides up. Anyhow... after the 2 days and 2 truckloads of sand (thankfully they were free), I knew it wasn't perfect, but figured since it isn't that deep it would be ok to be a little uneven. SOOOOO I had our water guy come out and fill it with 4000 gallons of water (for $80) and I think it lasted all of about 6 HOURS!!!! THEN!!!! We heard something, the neighbors came running over with their flashlights and the pool was empty!! 'sniff sniff' Yep, all 4000 gallons of water and if that wasn't bad enough, it all went to the field behind us, so it didn't even water OUR yard! 'sigh'

So, where ARE those pina coladas???? : )

Lisa, so sorry your neck is acting up again! Hope it gets better soon!

Fran, you and your nose! You have as much (maybe even more) trouble as I do, it stinks don't it? Hope your doing better now too dear!

Karen, I can understand you wanting to sit this one out after winning, but if it would make you feel better, you just send me all your guesses and then it will be like you are playing! 'snicker'

I know I didn't say hi to everyone, sorry, it's late and I've got to get going! I will try to be around more ladies, I promise!

Take Care!
    Vicky