Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

Condolences: plant_one_on_me-Kym

ncgardengirl
14 years ago

Dearest Kim,

You are in my heart, my thoughts, and prayers. My heart aches for you in this moment of your life, we were all pulling for John and you.

I want you to know we are all here for you if you need us.

You are a valued member of GW and have become part of our Gardenweb family. Take all the time you need but please do not be gone too long, losing someone can break us from gardening for a while and I hope this is not the case for you. It can be a needed relief-grieving-recovery tool too and I hope you choose this outlet to help you through your grieving process. I also hope you turn to us for needed support as well. You know we are all here for you whether we personally know you or have traded with you or not. We are your GW family, we are here for whatever you need us for whatever it maybe. Be strong and if you need help please ask for it.

I truly am sorry. We are here if you need us to be, I am sure any of us would be glad to help you even if it is just an email for you to unload on. Remember WHATEVER you need we are only a screen away.

Hugs to you and your family, I wish you and your family well. My deepest sympathies to you.

Fran

Comments (20)

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

Kim,
    I am so sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.

Joan

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Kim,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Have to wipe the tears from my eyes to type, but know that our prayers are still with you and yours. Take care and be strong.

Toni

• flwrs4ever
    14 years ago

Kim...I am so sorry ! As Fran said, we are all here for you..if you need us for ANYTHING !

Much love, and I will keep you in my prayers.

Kym

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I noticed I addressed KYM in the title, but as we all know it is Kim plant_one_on_me who I meant to say in the title not out loving KYM flwrs4ever.

Kim, may you find much peace in the coming weeks again I wish to tell you had sadden I am by your loss. You touched me deeply and I wish you knew how my heart truly is breaking over the loss of John.

Many hugs and prayers to you,
    Fran

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Kim~

Please know that you have many friends praying for & thinking about you right now. I hope that we can offer some comfort...even if it's just a little.

Hugs & Prayers,
    Melissa

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to be reading this. Wishing you strength to get through the upcoming days and peace of mind for you and your family.

Becky

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Dear Kim,
    It is never ever easy to lose someone. I am so sorry. May God hold you in His arms right now as you go through this very sad time.

Cindy

• southerncharm1
    14 years ago

Kim I am so sorry to hear you are suffering a loss. May God bless your family with strength and bring warmth, peace and comfort for all. (((Hugs)))

Deepest Sympathy,
    Kathy

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Dearest Kim may you find strength through your family and your higher power in your life...Just know we are here for you always...Barb

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

You are in my thoughts and prayers! I have been there and it is a feeling no one understands unless they have been!
    God Bless you and yours right now and always! Melinda

• plant-one-on-me
    14 years ago

Hello everyone. I was with my sister today and she told me she had written a note to everyone in my favorites folder and let them all know what happened. I came on here to update a swap I am in to find this wonderful posting. I appreciate all the kind words and support so very much!!!

I don't have much time online right now except to try to get our affairs in order. I really had no clue the amount of things that have to be taken care of. It seems as if everything I try to accomplish takes at least a half a day each...3 banks to deal with took 2 days, then there is Social Security, mortages, life insurance, car titles, and the list goes on and on.

The part I am having a hard time dealing with is how simple things catch me off guard. For example, I was talking with my son yesterday and realized I had no one to help me lift heavy things. What a silly thing to start bawling over but at that exact moment I felt alone for the very first time. I know he would help me if I needed him but it is just not that same as having John here with me.

I have been keeping very busy and going to bed late and very tired which is helping me get some sleep (that and a little something from my doctor). Once I get more time, I will be able to chat a little but I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate you all. Kim

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kim, I am glad you felt up to posting for us. You know we do all mean what we said, if there is ANYTHING you need you email someone.
    Even if it is to talk about those 'silly things' that make you cry, no, that isn't silly it is life hon. We understand.
    I have been in your shoes, it is funny the things you do think of, and then the anger that you were left behind.
    I do understand, and I truly do mean it. If you want to email me, I am here for you.
    Just holler. Take care of yourself Kim, make sure you are getting rest. All those little things you are needing to take care of can lead you to a high state of stress very quickly without you knowing it, so take it easy. I know you know all of this. So I am just saying take it easy Kim, get some rest.
    Please let us know how you are doing again.

Fran

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Just wanted to let you all know I heard from Kim and she is doing as well as to be expected. She asked me to keep everyone posted and to let you all know that she will check in again as soon as possible but she is feeling very exhausted right now.

Tammy

• raggedyann161420
    14 years ago

Kym,
    My sincere sympathy and condolences to you and your family.

Annie

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Just an update:

She will be going out of town with Jordan for a couple days to try and keep herself distracted. She is having a hard time today with it being fathers day and all.

She said that the cards she recieved so far has really helped her through this.

If anyone else would like to send a card to her just send me an email and I will send her addy to you.

tammy:-)

• markcase1964
    14 years ago

Kim,

Our prayers have been with you. If you need anything please ask. It is hard to ask at this time, but please do.

Can I give you a glimmer of sunshine? The seeds and plants I have gotten from you are going great. My son's garden looks better than some of mine! You have made his summer special.

Mark Case and family

• plant-one-on-me
    14 years ago

Thank you all again for the thoughts and words of encouragement. I was out of town for a few days but came home earlier than I wanted. We have some property in northern Michigan that I have decided to sell. I found I was just too lonely and the pain was too raw to be there. I return to work tomorrow and work 3-12 hour shifts over the weekend. I cannot tell you how many things there are to do to get things in order. I have to meet with so many people to have John removed from loans and such and I must also meet with the mortgage company regarding the house. Things will work out ok since we had just enough life insurance to pay off what is necessary and my income should help cover the monthly payments. It is so overwhelming but all I can do is take things one at a time which is what I am doing. I met with our credit union's financial planner and worked out the order to do business and what should be taken care of in what order...what to pay off, what to sell, what to refinance etc. I'm sure things will work out eventually.

I haven't given up on my garden although there are more weeds that I would like to admit. I am able to go out and pick some wonderful veggies daily to eat which is really nice. I don't have any appetite so when I feel the need to eat something and don't know what, I can just step outside and pick something good. Today I had a whole lot of fresh pea pods, a large salad, some sliced kohlrabi and fried new potatoes with cheddar cheese sprinkled on top (not all at the same time:). As a matter of fact, I have so many peas and lettuce that on Monday I am meeting a rep from Forgotten Harvest to donate some...makes me feel good.

Anyway, just wanted you all to know that I am really trying to find things to keep me occupied and not get to over stressed with all that is happening. Kim

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Kim, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Nancy

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kym, thank you so much for posting.
    I am glad to see you are trying to keep yourself busy.
    You can come post here anytime even if it is to ramble just to give you something to do!
    We are here for you, please don't forget this.

BIG HUGS,
    :) Fran

• playintheyard
    14 years ago

Dear Kim,
    I am very sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy's to you and your family.

Annette

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting