Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

UPDATE: July - Garden Circle Exchange Ring

sandlapper_rose
17 years ago

Happy Month of July! I hope everyone has a great month.

Let's see about our July birthdays:

Rainbowlake celebrates on July 6.

Sassyd also celebrates on July 6.

Skohler celebrates on July 9.

Anyone else?

Let's get those flags waving and have a Happy Independence Day! I hope some of you get to celebrate in a special way.

(Curiosity here - those with birthdays close to the 4th, do you celebrate with red, white, and blue?)

Comments (75)

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

I know I have just posted but I was reading the garden voices and found this neat quiz and thought some of you might enjoy it

I am a
    Snapdragon

{{gwi:197614}}
    What Flower
    Are You?

• skohler
    17 years ago

Ann
    recieved the box today Ann sent me some wounderful
    Irises
    Root Beer

Siberian iris collection
    Gull"s Wing
    Pale Blue
    Shirley Pope
    White Zephyr Lily & A Japanese Painted Fern
    for my birthday :))
    I love them all & They will be going around my pond
    just wanted to share a picture with you all as to
    a few of my new blooms :))

Here is one of my pretties :))

ann thank you for all the pretties I know I will love them .

susie

• daisy_me
    17 years ago

Well after seeing the quiz I had to go try it myself....

I am an
    Echinacea

What Flower
    Are You?

Jeanne--keep an eye out next week, I'm putting a box into today's mail for you! :-)

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, this is my second try to post today. I had the same problem you had, Karen. Guess what - I am also a snapdragon. Glad to see you are an echinecea, Kelli, just so we know there are some other flowers on the quiz. However, I am not sure whether it is better to be a snapdragon or an echinecea... LOL
    Have a good weekend and thanks to those who have been posting pictures. So pretty!

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Karen,
    What a fun quiz.

I am a
    Daffodil

{{gwi:197613}}
    What Flower
    Are You?

You Are a Daffodil
    You have a sunny disposition and are normally one of the first to show up for the party. You don't need too much attention from the host once you get there as you are more than capable of making yourself seen and heard.

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

I'm a Daisy. That seems to fit since I love daisies of all kinds. Was sorta thinking I might be a Black eyed susan as they are my very favorites. Maybe BE Susan is not in the list.
    That was fun. Thanks for posting the link, Karen.
    BB

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

OK, I'm trying to get some pictures on here.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Debbie, you are my favorite flower!
    Now how did I end up being a snapdragon instead of a daffodil?
    (I must have misunderstood some of the questions...)
    Pout! Pout!

{{gwi:1279516}}

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Ohhh. I'm a daisy. Wanted to be echinacea. Razzmatazz looks like a party to me... :) Debbie, I'm glad the banana plant arrived o.k. "Ted" the banana guy is supposed to be reliable but I had'nt ordered from him before. Stephanie the photos of your yard are great. Since you asked for suggestions for your garage wall--several small trellis's with vines would look nice I think ...inexpensive and easy to do.

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Debbie, I like that you copied what the flower stands for.
    Snapdragon is "Mischief is your middle name, but your first is friend. You are quite the prankster that loves to make other people laugh." See, Sandlapper, this isn't too bad to be. There are a whole lot of flowers, I tried a lot of different combinations to see. It goes from Thistle to Orchid.
    Susie, I really like all the foliage combinations in your picture. Are the fernie leaves cosmos?

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Karen,
    Thanks for posting the link! I had to try the quiz and see what came up. I'm a Daffodil!

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday to Skohler!
    I hope you are having a wonderful time today.

• skohler
    17 years ago

Having a great day went to bingo , Yes I bingo-ed:))
    2 times :))
    Now I'm waiting for the sun to go down a bit so I can maybe get some weeds pulled in my small garden :))
    No rain here it is farther NORTH Of us .:((

have a great night all & thank you for your
    BIRTHDAY wishes . :))
    susie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday, Susie.
    Glad to hear that you had a nice day.

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Susie! Hope you are putting your feet up now...you work too hard. ;)

• pastvast
    17 years ago

Apparently, I'm a daffodil. Not too shabby as daffodils are typically an early riser in the garden, and I'm normally up at 5:30am on workdays and 7:30am on days off!

Susie: I hope you had a good birthday! I received the box you sent me. It actually came while I was away for a long weekend trip, but Scot stayed home. I had him open it for me to make sure there were no plants needing water. He was correct in that I would immensely enjoy the contents. I've shared the fudge (homemade??) with him. I can't believe the variety of seeds you sent, I'm going to have to go through and figure out what some are as I haven't heard of them before. I also can't wait to use the new garden gloves/tools you sent. My old garden spade is a cheap metal one that always bends when I use it... so it'll be nice to use something in better condition! THANK YOU. I'll email you with answers to the question in your letter.

Kelli: Your package was mailed out today. The postlady says that it'll arrive either Tuesday or Wednesday. You will want to unpack and water it ASAP. I forgot to put in a note, so I'll send a letter later in the month.

-Stephanie

• atravers
    17 years ago

Hi everyone.
    Karen I got your WONDERFUL July package today full of perfect goodies!

I have to say I was thrilled to get the foot care kit - I have been going outdoors with all sorts of footwear these past few weeks and sometimes with no footwear at all. Boy do I need EVERY ITEM in the kit. And my husband will second that!

The notecards are much appreciated and will definitely come in handy. Also the plant fertilizer sticks. I have plants just waiting for these.

And such wonderful seeds you sent - a delicate white morning glory with pale pink accents and Rudbeckia Chim Chiminee. I will certainly enjoy both!

I have to tell you how handy that little citronella candle in the porcelain watering can is. I have big plans for this little candle. I'm going camping on Sunday with three girl friends and this will make the perfect centerpiece for our table. They will love it too.

Gardening magazines are always appreciated for their great ideas and I'm REALLY looking forward to reading the anthology of American garden writing. Just looking through the table of contents I've found an essay on White Flower Farm. One of the elementary buildings I work in is just five minutes down the road from there. What fun this collection of essays will be to read.

Karen, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! And I'm glad you took some well-deserved time off for your birthday. Thank you again for your thoughtful gifts.
    Ann

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kelli, I received the package from you today and it was special just like they all are. I really appreciate the great things you send month after month. Here is what Kelli included: Sweet Pea 'America' seeds (Isn't that perfect for July?), a bell flower and a Florentine Iris (I need to look those two up), some Cozy Chamomile tea (will be great), a gel eye mask and I think I am going to try that on my next headache, and a bath set (lotion, etc.) with the fragrance of pink grapefruit. How perfect! As always, Kelli included a note.
    By the way, Kelli, the canna you sent last month has been blooming steady. It started blooming in about 2 weeks after it got here. I was impressed!

{{gwi:1279518}}

P.S. I hope my pal Jan is doing okay. I have not heard from her this month. Her package should have arrived early in the month.

• zoegurl2001
    17 years ago

I had to take the quiz, too, hehe.

I am an
    Echinacea

What Flower
    Are You?

Still nothing from either of my pals. Haven't heard from them since May. I am getting bummed! I miss them both a lot. :(

Some big news to report, though. Just found out on Friday that we will be moving to Dallas in about 3 months! I am excited to move and start a new life, but very nervous at the same time. I was born here and have lived here my entire life. So this moving out of state business is new to me! Am trying not to be too nervous. But I am quite happy to be moving away from here, though. But anything that's out of your comfort zone can be scary, you know? So keep me and my family in your prayers, that we will find a great house and that all will go smoothly.

Happy late birthday to Sue, I sure hope you had a great one!!

~Summer

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Ann,
    I am jealous that you live so close to White Flower Farm. I drool over their catalog every year. It must be a real pleasure to go there in person. Tell you hubby happy birthday!

Summer, it is a little scary making a big change but also exciting. I have a brother that lives in the Dallas area and he really likes it. There is a lot to see and do there (plus all the shopping malls) I wish you and your family lots of luck.

Here are pics of the present Debbie (SW) sent me for my birthday. Debbie, I love the statue and doesn't she look like she belongs there?
    {{gwi:1279521}}

{{gwi:1279522}}

• abcgirltx
    17 years ago

Hi all - and belated Happy Birthday to you July birthdays that have passed. I'm terrible about keeping track of that stuff, so here's an advance Happy Birthday for anyone coming up the rest of the month!

Debbya, I received your July box last week, sorry I didn't post sooner. Thank you for the nice collection of stuff to pamper myself with as I prepare for my move - it will definitely come in handy!

And Summer, good luck on your move to Dallas! Maybe you can buy my house!! Although I'm hoping to get mine on the market in the next couple of weeks, and if I'm lucky, sell it in under 2 months, so the timing probably isn't good. I'll be happy to give you the scoop on some of my favorite nurseries, I have favorites spread out all over the metroplex. And too many I still haven't been to.

We had a little rain over the 4th, which I missed as I was in the Chicago area. We could use more, so any of you who have extra, please send it our way.

Alicia

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

A special thanks to my pal, Plant Lady Jan for the nice card and magazine she sent. Jan has been under the weather for a while now and her computer is out of comission too. What a major double bummer. If I was stuck at home I'd go a bit crazy without the computer to keep me company.
    Thanks Jan, I'm sending a snail mail note too as I don't know how long it will be before you are able to read this. I sure miss you being on here and hope you are getting better.
    Mellen, your package is on the way Conf #03060320 00006866 6943. Hope you are enjoying a well deserved break too.
    Karen ( and Ann), just love that fairy and yes she does look right at home there.
    Gotta run, I've got company and I'm trying to do email before they wake up.

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Hey everyone! Runnin' late but my pal Faint sent me a huge box full of birthday goodies last week! Faint so sorry for being late letting the group know hun. I finally have tommorrow off so maybe I can't find a minute to get on the puter. I'll write a list of what all Faint sent me later. Just know I loved everything as always!!!!:))))))
    Hope all of you had wonderful birthdays and Carol I know you have one coming up so wishing you the best also!

Jeanne could you email me please and let me know what I'm supposed to do this month? I haven't heard anything from Shannon since April. If you want me to continue sending to her, I'll be sending another card until we know shes still in, or I'll be happy to send to Summer,just let me know. Thanks..

Diane

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Please everyone, if you have not already done so, let me know if you are not hearing from either pal. You should be getting something in the mail every month from your pal who sends to you and you should hear back from the pal you sent to... the rules say to mail something to your pal by the 15th of each month (can just be a card, postcard or note some months... does not need to be a major expenditure every time...)and that the pal who you send to must post to this board to let you know that she has received what you sent. I know by this time of the year, some have gotten to know their pals and may be hesitant to complain. However, we all signed up under the same rules. Please if you didn't hear from your pal since May, you really need to let me know so we can close the circle. I also think everyone deserves a thank you, so if you pal has not been letting you know that your items have arrived safely and has not been saying thank you, let me know that as well. Being dropped does not make anyone a bad person. I know things happen - illnesses, computer problems, etc. so we set this up so if you couldn't continue, the circle will tighten a bit and your pal will continue with some other pals who can do this every month as planned.
    If you heard from your pal in June but do not hear from her by the 25th of this month, let me know that. We need to keep on top of things.
    I think following the rules is the best way to address any problems. There will be some reassignments beginning in August and maybe again for September. (If I knew of a problem that might cause a change in who you send to or receive from, you probably already heard from me by e-mail.)
    Take care, everyone, and send some rain our way. These temperatures right below 100 and no rain are rough on the poor plants - not to mention the people and animals!

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Karen,
    The fairy looks beautiful there. It looks like that stump was custom cut for her to sit on.
    I'm curious to know if she actually works though. Does she light up at night?

Jeanne,
    I think a reminder of the rules was a good idea. It may jog the memory of some.
    I've been lucky & have heard from both my pals every month.
    I've also posted a thank you here every month. As for email, I am a slacker in that regard. LOL

I'm with you on the wish for rain. Our temps have been topping 100°. We had a little rain last week but not enough to make much difference. :(

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Here is one of your pals now Debbie! Good timing eh? I have 2 USPS confirmation numbers for you. 0301 0120 0008 9854 9284 and 0301 0120 0008 9854 9314. One of them has a large live thing in it which I hope is still alive on arrival, it is technically heat loving and has a lot of packing in the box...I didnt seal it until I was standing in front of the postal clerk, he was fascinated by the whole process. It will need a big drink,+ and a large pot with mulch for the top on arrival.

Alicia, I have sisters in Villa Park, brothers in La Grange, in Plainfield, Arlington Hts., Algonquin, ...I love Chicago area, you will find plenty of botanical gardens and nurseries to visit! We are going home to Chi. area for xmas this year, I am so excited...won't be able to plant shop in winter 'course but will be visiting with all the Irish cousins, and eating (shopping, museums etc.)our way around the city...lol. P'cola is nice but the ethnic food choices are buffet, buffet, barbecue(yum) buffet, seafood(yum) buffet, mexican, yum. Need some Greektown and pizza and Vienna hot dogs and Italian beef. And some blues clubs. Oh. forgot this was supposed to be about gardening. 'scuse me,. :)
    P.S. Have'nt seen rain here either. Had a smidge about a week ago. Had a 40% chance today. Nothing.
    Stay cool ladies...

• skohler
    17 years ago

Just wanted to stop in & say thank you for all the Birthday wishes we did get some rain this week & sure needed it Hope the rest of you get some soon.

Karen: Just Love the Angel or Fairy :))
    We all Could Use angel Or some fairy dust In
    our Gardens .

I Just recieved an attachement that says it is from
    plantladyjan it says to the beloved password is then a box with X I trully don't think I want to open it for maybe it might be a virus , maybe thats why she's haven computer problem .
    or maybe she's got it fixed not sure.
    hope to get a note from her before I open the other :))
    have a great day all & hope everyone can stay cool .
    susie

• daisy_me
    17 years ago

Wow! What a package I received from PastVast/Stephanie! She did some shopping at Bluestone while on vacation and really outdid herself this month.

I received Geum 'Double Bloody Mary' (been wanting to grow Geum for soooo long), Trollius, Salvia plumosa, and either a daisy or a rudebeckia (leaves look like a daisy, but the tag was lost so it'll be a surprise!). I'm so excited!! I can't wait to see everything bloom! Thank you soooooo much PastVast/Stephanie! I love every bit of it. :-) I'll send you an e-mail later today.

Jeanne--glad to hear you enjoyed the package this month. There should have been a Masterwort in the package also, hope I didn't forget to pack it! I picked the pink grapefruit scent because it wasn't real strong so I hope you like it. And boy, those Cannas sure are tough--amazing that it's blooming so well after being "manhandled" into a box and shipped across the country! I'll send you an e-mail later today also.

• mellen
    17 years ago

Hello all, I received my wonderful July box from Beth on Wednesday. Beth, you put so many fun and neat things inside. I just kept pulling out package after package. Here is what she sent: 4 colorful sundae/milk shake/etc. glasses with spoons. They are soooo neat. Right now orange julius sounds awfully good. Also, a 42" long wind spinner with a bird at the top. It is very colorful and unique. I love it! Next are the two cutest bunny statues to put in my flower beds. One of them is down on all fours looking up, and the other one is on his hind legs. Both have cute smiles on their faces. For the teacher part of me, she sent some bulletin board border. It is of multi-colored leaves and acorns. I will definitely use it, Beth. My fall border is so ready for something new. Thank you!!! Beth also sent a packet of classroom coupons that have these words printed on them, "Caught being good. This coupon entitles _______ to _______." The kids just love things like this, and I use something like this all of the time. Again, THANK you! I have the perfect place for the 12" hook extender--the kind that you put in a tree or wherever. I plan to hang an oriole feeder from it. And yes, chocolate! You were having second thoughts about sending chocolate? NEVER!!! It can always be put in the fridge to harden up. And I LOVE the Reisens chocolate covered caramels. They are one of my all time faves. Beth, I had to chuckle at the next gift--6 brand new bubble envies. One for each month of the year from now until the end of the year. Just enough to send seeds for the monthly seeds exchange that I am in. LOLOLOL I have some of my own harvested, and they will be going out in tomorrow's mail. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Now, the only time that DH has ever taken anything from my gifts was this time, and it was the Big Red gum. That is his FAVORITE! Next, you made Lady dog very happy, too--2 rawhide chew bones, People Crackers, and water balls to play catch with. How fun! Beth, THANK YOU very much for such a fun box! You brought smiles to my face.

Mellen

• mellen
    17 years ago

Carol's box went out in today's mail.

TOMORROW, SATRURDAY, IS CAROL/VEEJA'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Mellen

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Sounds like most of need some rain or more rain. We got a half an inch this morning. Definately needed it and could use another three inches atleast. To be in the 90's all of next week.

Faint- your package will be going out on Monday.

Carol: Happy Birthday :)

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Today I received a wonderful box and letter from Giverny/Susan. Actually two wonderful boxes.
    First off was a box with a HUGE blue agapanthus ( Lily of the Nile). It arrived in wonderful shape. ItÂs nice & healthy looking, Susan packed it so well you would never guess it spent 2 days in transit during 100°+ temps. At least here thatÂs been the temps. ItÂs already safely transplanted in itÂs new home.

Susan also sent me a box of things that reminded me of the tropics. A set of napkins with palm trees in a cute wooden holder. A beautiful blue bird figurine, I think itÂs a parrot? A neat mug with palm trees on it . It has the liquid in the outer layer so you can freeze it to keep your drinks cool. Then there were 4 packs of seeds. Flowering cabbage, purple drumstick allium, violet giant double zinnias & lady lavender.

Thanks Susan. I loved all of it & really appreciate your generosity.

P.S. My banana is already sending up new leaves! IÂm thrilled with it. :)

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carol, have a very Happy Birthday. Keep those best wishes with you all year through.

{{gwi:1267141}}

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Carol!

• mellen
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday, Dear Carol!!! May you have a wonderful, fun-filled day. You deserve only the best each and every day including today.

XXOO, Mellen

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Carol!!! I hope you had a nice day. Give us the scoop.
    Debbie, I am glad the "ag" showed up in good shape, that represents 1/4 of the original plant I divided for Miz Beth! (My neighbor lady and gardening mentor) ...
    This week DH and son and I are in Sarasota, got a condo on the beach and son is off to a week or art classes here to work on college portfolio. Just as stinkin' hot as Pensacola but lots of artsy museums to look into and shopping to investigate, DH may regret this!!! ;)

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Debbie,
    Yes, the fairy does light up at night. She sheds a nice golden glow. I just love it. Thanks Karen

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

I just got the Happiest Present from my Pal, Plant Lady Jan. She sent a Froggy Quartet. Four adorable little guys just singing for all they are worth. Love Frogs, Love Barbershop Quartets and this is SO Cute. I'll try to post a pic this weekend.
    Meanwhile, I'm beat by the heat and I'm working extra due to a death in the family of a co worker. It will look good on payday if I last til then. LOL
    Jan I'm keeping my fingers crossed on your computer getting fixed soon. Hope the shop can get it going again for you.
    Not to forget, Jan also sent gladiolus bulbs. Thanks again Jan.
    Just gotta love those FROGS!!!

• zoegurl2001
    17 years ago

Susan, hi there, looks like we're pals now!
    Too bad Julie has dissapeared, though, I really miss her. Weird what happened to her. :(
    Well, anyhoo, I'll be sending a package out to you sometime this week. I'm late for this month, but I didn't find out I was sending to you for July until the 13th, so I had to get a box together rather quickly. But I sure hope you will still like it all. :)) Will post conf. # when sent. I see that you are out of town this week, so I will not be sending any live plants with this box. Hope you have a great vacation! Sounds like you will be having a great time. Can I come shopping with you, too? lol.

And Diane,

I'm excited that you're my other new pal! You seem like a beautiful soul, hee hee. ;) Hope you are having a great July, and finding a way to stay cool in this heat.

Hope everyone had a nice day.

~Summer

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Thankyou for all the wonderful birthday wishes. I received a wonderful box from Mellen, a mini rose, gallardia, forget me not and a little deck of wolf cards, along with a beautiful thoughtful birthday card. Thankyou Mellen. Deb i am late but your box will be out soon. for my birthday we just ate, ate, ate. we went hunting for a bowl to use as a birdbath on my stump, my frog from last year cracked, all we found was an over sized plant tray, but at least my birdies aren't dirty. no rain here may get into the 90s by saturday. I hate hot weather. constant watering. hugs carol

• zoegurl2001
    17 years ago

Susan,

Mailed your package today! I sure hope you like it. :)
    Conf. # 0306 1070 0002 8082 6878

It's supposed to be 104 today, and 105 tomorrow. It's been in the 100's all week. UGH, it feels miserable here. Can't do any gardening, it's just way too hot. And humid, too. Hope everyone is staying cool.

~Summer

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Summer,
    It hit 107 in OKC. A transformer blew at work and knocked out the electricity at work for 5 hours. No lights and NO air-conditioning. But no matter what the mail must go thru!

• wynative
    17 years ago

Wow, sounds like it is HOT everywhere! Today is the first day since Thursday of last week that it is to be below 100 here. The worst day was Sunday - a whoppin' 112! Now, thats HOT...

Alicia - how's the move? Hope you are not to stressed and things are running smooth :)

Marie

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hi Summer! I received your box on Saturday--- when we arrived home it was waiting for me. I received---- a neat orange/yellow sunflower yard ornament, a box of freesia scented potpourri, a thistle sack finch feeder, a sunflower painted garden tool, a pack of 3 cat toys for Angus and Bill (cats) ---they will appreciate that since my daughter says the new kid (Otis the terrierist) gets all the attention. A resin rock with a ladybug on it, it has a hidden compartment to hide a key in, a flower pot keychain which is very cute, I can use that right away... some pretty gardening stickers, a magnetic memo pad with roses on it, some Red Devon daffodil bulbs, and a Egyptian Walking Onion, both of which I did not have. And last but certainly not least, a nice card with Hydrangeas on it with a note from Summer.... Thank you so much Summer for stepping up and being my partner, especially since I know you are busy with planning your move. I appreciate your thoughtfulness! Take Care, your buddy Susan/Giverny

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Hi all!

It's been much too long since I have popped in. I want to thank Suzanne (gardeningmomof3) for the cutest new addition to my gardens! This little bunny has found a home for now right beside some telestar picotee dianthus in bloom. :)))
    {{gwi:1279523}} Thank you sooooo much, Suzanne!!! She is just adorable!

Hope everyone is keeping cool and safe this summer. The high humidity and extreme temps have certainly been a challenge here. There has been a bit of relief here in the last few days and we are in desperate need of rain. The crops are beginning to show early signs of heat stress. Watering the gardens has become an almost daily chore after work. :(

And I just finished a month's worth of meds for a tick bite that was suspected as a lyme disease carrier. For me, I had the telltale "bull's eye" look around the bite area. This isn't always a sure sign of lyme disease infection as DH was bitten a number of years ago while on vacation in Arkansas and had no such sign. But we both had flu-like symptoms and for me I had a dull headache and loss of stamina as well. I hope everyone is using proper precautions to protect yourself and family with a bug spray product with DEET when out and about!

I will try to post a few pics of my garden blooms later.

happy gardening and stay cool!

Dee

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Faintheart: Your August package was sent out today. PLEASE open from the end with the flag sticker.

Hope the rest of you are staying cool. Gonna be another Hot, HOT weekend here. In the ninties all weekend and first two days next week. UUUggghh...

Enjoy your weekend.

• atravers
    17 years ago

Susie,
    I mailed out your August package this morning. Planned on sending it regular 1st class and figured you'd get it later next week but it only cost 10 cents more to send it 2-day. It's become so expensive for the post office to ship via surface rather than air. This really surprised me. So you'll get your August package a day early.

I'll be out of town most of next week and that's why I wanted to send your package this weekend. Hope you're staying cool!
    Ann

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

here it is, the last day of the month and I still need to post a pic of my singing

frogs from Plant Lady Jan
    They are so cute and happy they make me grin too.

• skohler
    17 years ago

Ann
    I recieved your very nice gifts :)) & trust me they will be used .

I recieved Jelley Jar lids with Jelly Lables
    for my almost Raspberry jam :)))
    Some great recipies for Quick meals & a special one from her mothers recipe box called

France drapper chilli sauce thank you for sharing with me :))

also recieved a pack of tomato clips & I plan to go use them tonight after the sun goes down so I can get to the garden my tomato's need them :))

ann Hope your get away is to a cool place :))
    thank you much .
    stephanie : Your Aug package will be going out
    I hope by the end of next week , when the air cools :))

Happy Gardening all

susie

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Carol's package arrived today. She enclosed a Little book of card tricks, along with a very tiny set of cards! The cards are the size of a nickel! Some morning glory & sunflower seeds. Self stick notes, and note cards.

Thanks Carol, you always are sooo thoughtful!

Hugs,
    Deb