Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

NEW: Make New Friends~Mirth in the Manure Pile

hazelnutbunny
16 years ago

Okay...We all know how much fun can be had in the old Manure Pile, right? I mean, only a gardener can see a pile of fertilizer and think about all the lovely flowers that will come out of it.

So is the thought behind the theme for this swap. July is HOT, MISERABLE, not much is growing.... and we are all just plain GRUMPY! (come on..admit it!)

So let's give some MIRTH!! Let share some JOY! Let's be just a little LOONEY! You know you have it in you!!

Are you a

WE WANT YOU!!!

Are you a

Come on in!!!

To make this fun for EVERYONE, There are a few basic rules for this swap.

1) Per GW rules: To swap, You MUST be 18 or celebrating an anniversary of that year (ie: the 15th anniversary of your 18th birthday).

2) There MUST be a minimum of 5 different PLANT items exchanged, more is GREAT, and entirely up to you, but PLEASE no less...it's not fair for everyone else! And I CANNOT supplement boxes. If possible, try to keep with the theme and include some plants with silly or happy names (gay feathers, dancing queen, tunnel of love..etc)

3) Any seeds are considered EXTRAS.

4) All boxes must be sent PRIORITY (due to the heat) and must have delivery confirmation. (You can send a flat-rate priority box w/dc for under $10)

5) And this is the most IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL!

EVERY box MUST contain one goofy, off the wall, zany, good for nothing else but a good laugh item.

Remember those pet rocks? How about neon orange socks? Ever hear of a singing toothbrush?? It can even be just a silly joke, story or picture. Nothing big, but it DOES have to produce a chuckle.

6)Sign ups start NOW and this swap will be open until July 15th, when partners will be assigned. Boxes should be mailed out by August 1st.

The purpose of this swap is to have fun..laugh....and spread the MIRTH!!!

So...what are you waiting for?? Let's go play in some MANURE!!!

Comments (150)

• laurieanngarris
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ok....I've been reading on here about yall's songs...and mine is...of all songs...Laurie Monster. How crazy is that?

And...my Fairy Charm Daylilies are about to bloom again! I will send pics soon.

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Poisondartfrog,

Love your Brugs. You must live somewhere that's warm year round? Yours is huge. Is that second Brug peach? Gorgeous!

I love the peach and pink ones, I had a pink once and tried to overwinter it in the ground; well guess what! No more pink Brug. I've thought about trying it again; this time planting it in early spring instead of August. I haven't gotten the nerve yet.

I do have 5 of the yellow ones that over winter quite nicely. They die to the ground every year; they're just now setting buds so it won't be long and they'll be blooming their heads off.

Rox

• laurieanngarris
    16 years ago

I have a bunch of the brugs in my yard. My plant (pink like Poison's) is probably about 6 feet tall and about 6 feet wide. I hate the thing. Mainly because it is poisonous and my cat likes to hide under it. We keep saying that we are going to pull it up, but we haven't yet. Too much rain, and too much heat. If anyone wants some, and can tell me how to save it...just let me know.

Laurie

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i just go ahead and pull it up! LOL but i'm bad about that! one guy said as long as you don't eat it, and alot of it your fine! castor beans on the other hand are different, but aunt kay told me her cousin ate one and she's still alive, they made her puke it up. i planted 4 of them anyhows. but no more moles!! ha ha ha i'll keep all the dirty thoughts to myself!! LOL but if you do pull it up, or it seeds first, can i have some?? please. i know one day i'll have something you'll say hey!! i want some!! LOL i'll be like heck ya!! :')) i'm on the move for a chocolate calla at lowe's. i really want it!! LOL it's so pretty and already blooming! and i want a purple canna. that would be so cool!! ya purple is my most favorite color!! the day was awesome!! hubby bought me the banana seed kit! i'm so very anxious!! my plans on the green house just got bigger!! LOL well, HAPPY 4th of JULY!!! :'))

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Brugs die down to the ground here but usually come back each year from the roots. This year I lost several because of the weird weather we had, but I also overwinter at least one or two in the house and another one or two in the greenhouse. The peach tends to be blooming around Christmas in the house and the fragrance is fantastic.
    I also take cuttings from my favorites each fall, store them in the vegetable drawer of the fridge and then start into growth in February in the greenhouse.
    No small children here, so I don't worry about the poison aspect.

• laurieanngarris
    16 years ago

You know, I have been looking and looking for seeds on that plant and I have not seen any yet. I know what the pods are supposed to look like, but I have not seen one. I have never seen a purple canna. Have you seen one? I really really want a tropicanna. Saw them today for $17.00 but that is a little steep for me.

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

• medontdo
    16 years ago

only on the internet! i was looking it up. i'm gonna find me one! LOL even if i have to order one, see i have a hubby who does ebay, and then he say's honey, is there anything you want??? hmmmm, now what do you think i'm gonna say?? LOL i'm gonna say here's the web address and this is what i want, it cost this much and has this many seeds! its a good deal, and if he's too grumpy then i'll lay it on thick about how his new found fun on ebay is costing so much money to have all these tacticall lights with lazer when all he needs is a tactical led light and he shouldn't be wasting all our money, so if he can, so can i, at least we can get enjoyment out of mine! all of us can, not just one person, then he'll get it, and i'll be really all sweet and nice again. yep, it's that easy! and i say it nicely! its the mood pill, that he thinks i'm taking like i'm supposed to be taking, LOL i'm slowly backing off of it. unless i notice i;m getting all attituded out again. LOL but on the other hand, my plants sure do love me!! and someone is giving me a moon bush part, its growing to big for them. i hope it smells good!! LOL thursday, cuz hubby wants me to get into the wabunsee county garden club, i told him i am no where near their level of gardening! they all have beautiful lawns and their gardens are all mulched and weeded and oh my!! their flowers are what i dream of!! my outlines are of the walmart 98cent stuff, LOL not pretty! old logs i found out back in a junk pile till ottis bring his wood poles up, then i want to paint them white or something in contrast of our white house, i've got lots of work to do!!! ugh!!! LOL well everyone, i'm done venting and being scared to something or another! ya know, being around people! when i get that canna, and i get seeds, i'll give ya some laurie! LOL :'))

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Melissa,
    I mailed out the sunflower seeds today, let me know when they arrive. I tried to send a really good assortment!

Deb

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Can I join in too?

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Laurie, I've never seen a purple canna. There are lots of purple leaved ones, and I know hybridizers have been working toward a purple bloom, but I have not seen any information about one being developed. If you find some let me know. I'd like to try it.
    Brugs are highly variable and not reliably fertile. Some cross freely across species, others barely set seed within their species. I have some plants I have grown from seed. Suavolens has been the easiest from seed, but others work well also. Brugs often set sterile seed that cannot germinate even with GB treatment because there is nothing viable there. With those types you just have to plant and hope you have living seeds.
    I have done a few controlled crosses, but nothing spectacular has resulted.

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I meant to add, Welcome fishymamas! You will like it here.

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Well, I had quite a scare last night!!! I've always told my hubby to check his shoes in the morning before he puts them on 'cause we have a real black widow spider problem here.

I'm not scared of spiders anymore!!! Last night when I shut down the computer to get ready for bed, I walked out into the dinning room and there was a big old SNAKE. I about hit the ceiling. I didn't know what to do. My husband is a merchant marine and is gone for 3 weeks at a time. Of course he is gone now! To tell the truth if he had been home.....he's terrified of snakes!

Well, I walked back and forth and didn't know what to do. I live out on this ridge with no neighbors to call for help. After about 1/2 hr. I decided the snake wasn't going anywhere unless I did that 'Animal Planet' thing and caught him myself. I've seen it done hundreds of times on TV; I got my trusty broom and used the handle to push down his head. When I was sure he couldn't move I picked him up like they do on TV....right behind his head. Outside we went! 10 o'clock at night with a flashlight, a snake, and all my dogs at my heels wondering what the heck mom brought out of the house with her. I threw it across the fence. It was just a harmless 2 ft. black snake....I don't know what I would have done if it had been a rattler!!!!

I am proud of myself. I guess there is something good about living alone after all.....it makes you do things you never thought you could. That was my excitement for the month!

Rox

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Wow - good for you Roxanne! How scary was that?? We get snakes once in a while in our basement - one that was especially huge reared it's ugly head while by husband was gone. Fortunately, my neighbor was home, and he came over and shot it. Sorry, any snake lovers, but that sucker was really big, and really scary! I could have never brought myself to do what you did, Rox! Good for you, girl!

Hey, as I just jumped in here, can I join the group? I know I have traded seeds with several of you all, and this looks like a lot of fun!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Cool Graphics at iLLpic.com
    Sure Beckilove come on in!!! The more the merrier.
    Rockyridge,you are one brave lady!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Welcome to Beckilove & fishymamas!! If you 2 would be so kind as to send me your addresses, I'll get you added to my handy dandy spreadsheet! (well, OK...DH's handy dandy spreadsheet) :O)

We have our very own SNAKE HUNTER!!! Ick, Roxanne!! Snakes aren't my favorite, and I don't mind them too much (lived out in the boonies my whole life) but I think I'd just stand there and squeal. I'm real mature that way!

• Vic Billings, MT
    16 years ago

A Big Warm Welcome to Fishy and Becky!

Wow, only gone one day and you girls almost used up one whole thread! I bet this robin will take at least 6!!

Vela, I'm a Vicky too, and have a cousin Ricky, when we were little our brothers and sisters used to sing "Vicky gave Ricky a hicky on his D----" !! Siblings are soooo mean! I think I'd rather have the prostitute song!

Rox, EEEEK!!! I think I would have packed up and left! LOL
    Or let the puppy have her fun with it! You are the Woman!!

Love all the pics!! I should have taken some of Zack after picking blackberries! Oh what a mess that was!

Have a Happy 4th!!!
    Vic

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

I'm not sure how brave.....but it's amazing what you can do when you have no choice. I sure wasn't gonna go to bed and leave him there. Can you imagine? Couldn't shoot him on the carpet. I couldn't open the door and chase him out....my 3 german shepherds would have rushed in and then it would have been real pandamonium. They would have killed it, no doubt; I find half eaten snakes in the yard every once in a while. Just didn't want the blood and guts in the house. But I have to admit....I'm patting myself on the back this morning.

Rox

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pregnancy Q & A!

Q: Should I have a baby after 35?
    A: No, 35 children is enough.

Q: I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move?
    A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.

Q: What is the most reliable method to determine a baby's sex?
    A: Childbirth.

Q: My wife is five months pregnant and so moody that sometimes she's borderline irrational.
    A: So what's your question?

Q: My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labor, but pressure. Is she right?
    A: Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

Q: When is the best time to get an epidural?
    A : Right after you find out you're pregnant.

Q: Is there any reason I have to be in the delivery room while my wife is in labor?
    A: Not unless the word "alimony" means anything to you.

Q: Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from childbirth?
    A: Yes, pregnancy.

Q: Do I have to have a baby shower?
    A: Not if you change the baby's diaper very quickly.

Q: Our baby was born last week. When will my wife begin to feel and act normal again?
    A: When the kids are in college.

• nuthatch_mo
    16 years ago

Can I join fun! You already have my sister Melanie.

Nancy

• Vic Billings, MT
    16 years ago

Well......given your GW name, you should fit right in!
    Us nuts have all hatched!
    Welcome aboard!

Vic

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Come on in, Nut!! Nuts are always welcome here!
    Please email me your address and haves/would like to have lists.
    hazelnutbunny@cox.net

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok, guys..I wanted to warn you all about a nasty computer virus that my PC seems to have gotten. I have been battling it for 4 days now, and I think I finally have it licked (knock on wood).
    I may end up losing most of my info, so if I ask you guys for your address/list again, PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

ALSO::::::: This virus seems to have originated at a VERY POPULAR graphics website. I will not give names, but I use it QUITE frequently. It's taken me this long to find the origins of the virus, and I'm 95% positive now.

**********EVERYONE PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS WHEN USING GRAPHICS!!!! This has been no picnic for me..and I would really HATE to see anyone else have to go through this.

• vela75
    16 years ago

Wow!!! Left and came back to three new members!! Welcome nut, fishy and becky!!!! yippeee!!

WOW Roxanne!! Apparently you couldn't heed the "do not try this at home" advice! Didn't have much choice, huh? Won't that be a story to tell hubby when he gets home!

We went to the drive in movies last night. I tell you what, I'm really thankful we're lucky enough to still have one of those places around. We saw "Surf's Up" and "Are we done yet?"...only cost the four of us $14 to get in to see both movies (adults are $7 and kids under 12 are free). We stopped at McDonald's on the way, and sat there in the car and ate while we watched the movies. Would have been $100 to see those two movies at the regular movie theater. I didn't have to worry about the kids being loud...it's so nice.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Welcome fishymamas, Beckilove, and Nuthatch! Any sister of melanies is a sister of ours!

Rox: Yuck! Snakes in the house... Too much to think about! Gross, gross, gross! I have mostly toads here, not a snake to be found, thank you god!

Vic: LOL! love that little diddy by your sibs! My brother just called me thunder thighs! lol! Not as creative as your bunch.

Have a great 4th of July everyone!
    Tracy

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Vic & Tracy----I think those both pale when compared to what my brother CONTINUES to call me......SISSY PISSY. In public, in church, EVERYWHERE. Honestly,
    he has NEVER called me by my name. :O)

OKAY. I need address info for the following gals, please:

Laurie
    Poison
    Debbya
    Fishy
    Nut

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Ouch HNB. My brother learned that I could punch really hard so it didn't happen too often after I taught him a good lesson. Sat on him and lit into him pretty good! He did learn how to run really fast after that though, he ended up with a college scholarship for track! LOL!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Vela - don't you love the drive in?? We have one fairly close, and go a few times each summer. We never go to the theater - way too expensive with 4 kids at home yet! But, we go to the drive in for a mere fraction of the cost, bring our own food, see two movies, and have a great time! We always try to park in the front row, so the kids can run around in the grass before the movies start, and then DH and I sit out there on lawn chairs during the movies, while the kids all lay in the back of the van to watch. So much fun. The only thing I hate is driving home afterwards - it's about an hour drive at midnight or 1am - not fun - but hubby does fine - it just scares me a bit. :)

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Just wanted to post these pictures I took this morning of the nest in the top of my rose tree. The Hair Sparrow eggs have hatched already and their soooooooo tiny. Little fuzz heads!

Oh look....they think I'm their mommie.
    {{gwi:1279821}}

This one you can see how small they are compared to my finger......dirt under my nails and all.
    {{gwi:1279823}}

Well, lunch is over....back out to the garden. I swear it is a loosing battle with the weeds. By the time I finish weeding the beds, they're starting to take over and I have to start pulling again. Need more mulch! Need more mulch!

Rox

• nuthatch_mo
    16 years ago

Hazelnutbunny-Sent in my information let me know if it doesn't arrive.

Rox-did you drop a few bugs or worms into those open mouths?

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

So sweet, Rox! Thanks for the pictures. Birds are one of my favorites!! :O)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

awwww those are so cute!!! melanie as in chrstallake?? hey backilove!! hmmmm seems like i just seen ya LOL we just got more rain today, and i googled purple canna's, i think it was heavens tears, red but turned purple, and another one was a water one, purple but didn't have a name on it. but you would not believe how much they had a price on a tuber for a white one, over a hundred dollars. for a zebra sunset, a hundred twenty nine. why i spelled it out, dunno. LOL too lazy to go up to the next keys? LOL just kidding, talla was here distracting me as usual, and for the snakes, put moth balls in your basement or where you don't want them, and welcome everyone!!! it's really cool here!! lets see.... hnb keeps ya busy thinking with the funny things she comes up with!! LOL and everyone is so darned comical, i swear!! did everyone's little girls go around naked? talla tries to all the time! she used to get naked all the time and dance on our end tables, i was like no way!! they are gonna bust, no table top dancer here!! LOL she'd just laugh and say "oh mom" gee how can ya argue with that cute little laugh and smile?? and they are sturdy wood. LOL i just wish she'd keep undies on!!! LOL :')) so i woke up this morning and what do ya think i found? 4 plants torn up, and 1 nice looking flower bed w glads knocked down, any guesses who did it? yep pupps, they go tomarrow. they ate the basket!! yes i feed them!! LOL they are crazy!! but just the glads got knowcked over, my canna's will come back up from the rain, i pray!! i only have 3 and a bunch of little calla's that are tramled!! errrrrr!!!! LOL so i tell talla, george, you need unders!!! LOL i hope everyone has a great 4th!!! and a safe one!!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OhMyGoodness! I'm glad to finally hear about SOMEONE else's little girl running around NAKIE!!!!! I have given up on tryin' to keep my girl in clothes..it just ain't gonna happen! I figure...during the summer, at least I can save money on clothes!! lol During the winter, though...I don't know HOW she does it, but she can go play in the snow wearing nothing but a SMILE! I swear...one of our neighbors is gonna call DHS on us....! :O)

And it's GOT to be a "girl" thing......NONE of my boys ever did this!!

• laurieanngarris
    16 years ago

Hey Nutbunny!

I tried to e-mail you my address and it came back. Can you e-mail me at lauriegarris@yahoo.com and I will reply with my address.

Thanks!
    Laurie

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Poisondartfrog

That is a great idea; storing brug cuttings in the fridge. It really works, huh? Do you let the ends callous and then wrap them in plastic? About what temp is your veggie drawer? I've gotta try it!!!

Rox

• medontdo
    16 years ago

same here, tabor could wear white clothes and not get them dirty! i had to introduce him to sand, boy was that a mistake!! LOL he was like 3 and he freaked when i put him in the sand box! but after a few days it was ok, talla, night and day!! that girl was dirty from the day after she was born, she was born clean, kid you not!! no after birth on her, she was just really clean! and so quiet, i shoulda enjoyed that moment, cuz from then on it was noise, mess, and trying to keep clothes on her even as young as that cute little thing was!! LOL she'd even take them cute little things out of her hair somehow, LOL don't know how. but she'd look up so cutely, so i couldn;t be mad. ya my niece is the same way and a lady from our church has a little girl 1 day younger than talla, born in the same hospital in the very next room, LOL she's the same way, just found out wednesday, ya know, um us "young" moms, as they call us, i kinda giggled, cuz i'm by no means young, but they are in their 60's so they call us young, LOL yes, i'm long winded!! i have no one to talk to, people scare the heck out of me at times, now i remember why i was on the meds. guess what? we got 3 rooms done out of needing to get 3 more to get done. LOL but this is good!! LOL a major thing for me!! how old is your little girl hnb??

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sending you an email, Laurie! :O)

My oldest daughter- Aubeni- will be 4 in September (she was born on MY birthday!!) and my youngest - Adora - just turned 1 in April. Then there's the 3 boys, William-will be 11 in August, Bowen was 8 in Feb, and Elijah was 6 in April.
    WHEW!
    And this girl -Aubeni- will take a bath, and go to bed 5 minutes after, and when she wakes up, she will be covered in DIRT. Seriously! She can NOT stay clean, or even CLOTHED. She just got finished potty training, she went through the rebeling stage where she WAS NOT going to do anything that anyone else wanted her to do....so she WOULD NOT go potty, and actually would take diapers from the baby to wear!! UGH!!! And now, she's all ATTITUDE! I cannot believe the mouth on this girl...she acts like she's 13!
    OH MY GOODNESS....! I don't know if I will survive her teen years!!! HELP!
    Me and her go round and round....I wanted a girl cuz I thought they were so SWEET AND CUDDLY AND CUTE.....
    YEAH RIGHT!!!!

My boys are all so well behaved!! Polite & quiet...they only ever fight with each other when Elijah trys to "love" on his older brothers...and to him, nothing says love like a punch on the arm or a headbut in the tummy! And the older boys don't like that, so they start yelling "QUIT QUIT QUIT!!!!!!! GO AWAY!!!"

SIGH.
    I'm ready for school to start.....

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

My gosh girls--Im off for 1 day and look what you have done. You guys are moving too fast..Hehe

Roxie--the snake..ugh

Hazelnut- I got a virus from the graphics also finally had to take the computer back 2 weeks to get rid of it, was buried so deep. That sandwich is the best ask nuthatch, she is the one who got me hooked. LOL

Nuthatch--(Nancy) my sister glad you decided to join us this time, we are alot of fun..

Laurie-I have a Tropicana Canna enroute to me now, if it grows this year I will trade a root for some of your brug, its really beautiful.

Medon't--you do know they say that purple is an insanity color--right...

Beckilove-Welcome-Glad you decided to join us , we have a crazy group here. They do go alittle wild though, just don't mention the words naked ladies..They go bonkers. HEHE

Hope everyone had a good holiday.
    Melanie

Love ya all, and warm welcome to anyone i missed.

Melanie

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

"ESTROGEN ISSUES"

10 WAYS TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE "ESTROGEN ISSUES"
    Or..for the younger chicks who have yet to deal with this, we'll call this...."PMS ISSUES"

1. Everyone around you has an attitude problem.
    2. You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet.
    3 The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.
    4. Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.
    5. You're using your cellular phone to dial up every bumper sticker that says: "How's my driving-call 1- 800-".
    6. Everyone's head looks like an invitation to batting practice.
    7. Everyone seems to have just landed here from "outer space".
    8. Your not as nice as you used to be and you used to be a witch
    9. You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.
    10. The ibuprofen bottle is empty and you bought it yesterday.

• vela75
    16 years ago

I HAVE to get batteries for my camera! HAVE TO! I have to take pictures of my flowers...it's a NEED! Someone help me, I seem to be sick...LOL!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK..I REALLY wasn't kidding when I said this thing is NASTY!
    I borrowed a AntiVirus/AntiSpyware program from work last night, and it's only been installed for 6 hours, and has already caught and deleted OVER 25 VIRUS's!!!!!!!! And about 5 TROJAN/SPYWARE things!!!
    Can you believe that?? And it's traced them all back...and GUESS WHAT??? Yep, they are from that GRAPHIC WEBSITE!!!

To top it off, I HAVE HAD MY FIREWALL RUNNING THE ENTIRE TIME!!!!! I never turn it off, so this stuff has gotten through it..and it actually disabled my OTHER AntiVirus system...It's a goner...!

SO please please PLEASE be careful girls!! This is ICKY YUCKY NASTY EVIL STUFF!!!

• vela75
    16 years ago

OK, HNB...please say which graphic site it is..is it smiley central? If so, I'll get rid of that one asap. I was going to send you an e-mail and ask...but am afraid you might send me one of those lovely bugs. LOL!

I AM A SICK PUPPY - Today confirmed it. DH was getting ready to go do some running a little while ago and I asked him to pick up a few things. He went out the door, I heard his truck start, and a panicked voice in my head screamed "CAMERA BATTERY MORON!!!" Not only did I hear a voice in my head, but I took off out of my house (haven't even brushed my hair today) and literally ran barefoot out the door waving my hands like a crazy woman! My husband thought someone had died or something by the look on his face when he screeched the brakes! LOL! Good news is...I should have my camera battery here in a bit! LMAO!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hazelnutbunny: WOuld you mind emailing me the name of that site so I know which one to stay away from? I would really appreciate it! I know my computer has been slowing down a lot since I've been on gardenweb from all of the cookies I collect here. I have to run my adware program every few days to get rid of them. I used to run it every 2 weeks and would only get maybe around 11-15 tracking cookies. Now since I've been on gardenweb I am catching upwards of 35 in 3 days. Pretty annoying but I guess this is the price we pay for the free membership.

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It's (and I hope I don't get in trouble for naming them, but OH WELL..they made my computer SICK so they deserve a trash talk)

WWW.GLITTER-GRAPHICS.COM

Stay away from that one!!! They use all graphics uploaded by other members, so there really is NO telling what they have on there.
    They also use some Smiley Central stuff, but I've used Smiley Central before without any problems.

AND FYI: My email is Virus free, I don't want anyone worrying that I may send them something...I've got 2 AntiVirus programs running on the email CONSTANTLY, just for that reason!!! I don't want to make anyone else sick too!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay, Vela...I am going to LMAO if your DH comes home WITHOUT a battery!!!
    If he's anything like my DH, the most important thing will be the ONLY thing he forgets!!!!! :O)

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

It was the same for me I got it from glitter grafics.com So no more grafics for me anymore. We have enough going on without them. LOL

Here are a few pic of just bloomers before the rains started.

My new dill buddies...
    {{gwi:1279827}}

{{gwi:1279828}}

My shasta dasies and Anise Hyssop
    {{gwi:1279830}}

Patunia's on my back deck
    {{gwi:1279832}}

My Lady in red (started from seed)
    {{gwi:1279834}}

Have a good day everyone.
    Melanie

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Welcome to all of the new folks this week!
    Rocky, Maybe a career in pest removal awaits you. People would pay big bucks to have you come in and remove snakes that make their way into their homes. Speaking of which, do you know how he got in? He could have friends.
    To answer your question, brug cuttings go into a plain brown paper bag and go into the humidity tray in the bottom of my refrigerator. I use a different bag for each variety. They will callous over in there. When I am ready to start them into growth, I recut the bottom of the stem. I always mark an up arrow on the stem so that I plant in the correct orientation. I have not had any trouble holding them up to three months that way.
    Vela, I am looking forward to some new pics from you!
    I have been tying pew bows for two days-time for a garden break.

Thunbergia alata alba

Rosey Returns, first year blossoms
    {{gwi:1279838}}

Another one from the bargain store, this time a lily

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

eep, ok I guess the gardenweb email monster ate my email, I'll resend it.

Naked little girls, yep we got that here, in fact I got one worse, Kristen is 2 and likes to take her diaper off and finger paint in her poo, we put her down for her nap clean, then 5 mins later she's made stinky playdough.

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, GREAT poison!!! Bring up the possibility of OTHER snakies in the house....I'm sure Rox is gonna sleep REAL good now....!!!!! LOL :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Fishy- You can send your email directly to me:

hazelnutbunny@cox.net

GW seems to be eating ALL THE EMAILS everyone sends through them!! They're reliably unreliable.