Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
NEW: Make New Friends~Mirth in the Manure Pile

Posted by hazelnutbunny 7A (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 07 at 16:32

Myspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace CodesMyspace BackgroundsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Text Generator, Myspace GraphicsMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace BackgroundsMyspace Text Generator, Myspace GraphicsMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace Codes

Okay...We all know how much fun can be had in the old Manure Pile, right? I mean, only a gardener can see a pile of fertilizer and think about all the lovely flowers that will come out of it.

So is the thought behind the theme for this swap. July is HOT, MISERABLE, not much is growing.... and we are all just plain GRUMPY! (come on..admit it!)
So let's give some MIRTH!! Let share some JOY! Let's be just a little LOONEY! You know you have it in you!!

Are you a
Myspace CodesMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace LayoutsMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace Codes, Myspace Graphics

WE WANT YOU!!!

Are you a
Myspace CodesMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace LayoutsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Text Generator, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Text Generator, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace BackgroundsMyspace Layouts

Come on in!!!

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

To make this fun for EVERYONE, There are a few basic rules for this swap.
1) Per GW rules: To swap, You MUST be 18 or celebrating an anniversary of that year (ie: the 15th anniversary of your 18th birthday).
2) There MUST be a minimum of 5 different PLANT items exchanged, more is GREAT, and entirely up to you, but PLEASE no less...it's not fair for everyone else! And I CANNOT supplement boxes. If possible, try to keep with the theme and include some plants with silly or happy names (gay feathers, dancing queen, tunnel of love..etc)
3) Any seeds are considered EXTRAS.
4) All boxes must be sent PRIORITY (due to the heat) and must have delivery confirmation. (You can send a flat-rate priority box w/dc for under $10)
5) And this is the most IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL!
EVERY box MUST contain one goofy, off the wall, zany, good for nothing else but a good laugh item.
Remember those pet rocks? How about neon orange socks? Ever hear of a singing toothbrush?? It can even be just a silly joke, story or picture. Nothing big, but it DOES have to produce a chuckle.
6)Sign ups start NOW and this swap will be open until July 15th, when partners will be assigned. Boxes should be mailed out by August 1st.

The purpose of this swap is to have fun..laugh....and spread the MIRTH!!!

So...what are you waiting for?? Let's go play in some MANURE!!!

Myspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace Codes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Make New Friends~Mirth in the Manure Pile

You can count me in!

o

Hey Hazel...

You can count me in too.

o

Me Too!!!! (can I send one of my garden pets? ~ aka moles)
Vic

o
ok vic!

Not THAT kind of funny! LOL!

o

Only if I can send you my slugs, Vic. :O)

o

HEY All! I won't be able to do this one unless who ever gets my name waits until Aug 1 to mail. Any earlier than that I won't be here. I will be in Oregon July 18th-Aug 2nd.If that's not a problem count me in!

o
First to post a picture!!

I was going to post this on the last swap thread, but decided I wanted to have the bragging rights of the first to post a picture! LOL! Since my glads were laying on the ground, I decided to cut them off and make a bouquet. I'm not very good at flower arranging, but I'll enjoy them anyway.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Great Concept Hazel! Love the Mirth in the Manure Theme! I'm rolling in it! I'm in. Hmmmmm, what to put in my box... This should be fun!

Tracy

o

Wow Vela. That arrangement is gorgeous!

o

Thanks for signing up, Girls!! I hope we have as much fun with this one as we did with Miss Vela's!! :O)

Dirt- I'm sure I speak for everyone (well, at least let me pretend like I do!)....we would all like you to be in this swap, so I'm sure we can figure SOMETHING out! :O) Wouldn't want you to miss out on the fun!!

Vela- Gorgeous flowers!I still love the glads......they're pretty no matter what ya do with them!! :O)

o
Thanks!

Thanks Laurie and Bunny! I thought it turned out fairly good for someone who's never tried before...of course I don't think any florists will be beating on my door wanting to hire me. LOL!! It was VERY hard for me to cut those glads out of my garden. LOL! But I couldn't get them to stand up with the ground being so wet and them being so heavy. I figured they'd be dead by the time I got around to getting stakes this weekend. I still have a few left standing in the garden, so I'll have to get some stakes before they hit the ground!

o

Hazel, I'll take dirt. Won't mind waiting a bit. Be happy to because we will be in the middle of wedding madness in July. Planting would be a bit of a chore at that point. Besides, I wouldn't mind waiting to send stuff till then either.

Vela, I think the flowers are brilliant. Love the bright colors. It looks wonderful. I would not have known that was your first arrangement! Great job!

o

Hazel, I can swap with Dirt, I will be out of town last wk of July also, so that is fine with me!

Vela, Love the flowers!

My morning stroll in "mole city"!

My dianthus (I think) almost gone

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Stella, looking pretty bad

they have just about done in my sedum!

and me
SmileyCentral.com

o

Fun theme, hnb. I would love to participate but I am going to wait until the sign up deadline to commit. It might rain between now and then and I might come through this wedding relatively sane and if those two things come to pass, I'm in.

o

I'm a newbie; and I have a few questions. Do the exchange plants need to be named varieties? I have several Iris that are beautiful but no-names. How about unrooted cuttings. Wild seedlings ie. Dogwood, passiflora. How about houseplants? I have some beautiful named Epiphyllums and apporophyllums that would be great outside in Cal. of Fl. but houseplants for me.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Most of my daylilies have already been divided and traded/sold already this summer.

I haven't really finished my trade page yet. Need to get on that I guess. Both my Have and Want lists grow faster than I can keep up with. LOL I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Roxanne

o
RE: NEW: Make New Friends~Mirth in the Manure Pile clarify

I guess I should clarify: I'm a newbie to the 'Round Robin' and exchanges here on GW. I've been gardening since I spent my allowance on seeds when I was 8. Won't tell ya how many decades ago that was! :)

o

Rockyridge: Come on in this group rocks SmileyCentral.com
I know houseplants & no names are fine.I'm not sure about the unrooted or wild seedlings. Maybe one of the other ladies can help. That flower is beautiful!!

o
Rockybridge

WELCOME!!! Ahh, we don't care about names. If you know them, great, if not, just name it "purple iris" and it will still be pretty in our garden! :-)

I know we've said before to ask your partner before sending cuttings...some know what to do with them, and dummies like me have no luck.

I don't know about houseplants...don't think we've brought that up before..I'll let the hostess with the mostess decide on that one, I know I wouldn't care.

Hope you join us!!

o
Hey Tracy!

Hey Tracy, did that plant in a can ever germinate? Is it growing, or was it a dud?

o

Roxanne,

What is that plant? It is gorgeous!!!

Laurie

o

Welcome to Rockyridge! (and all the others who are brave enough to come along for this ride!!)

Let's see...on plants, cuttings and things....I think what I will do, when it comes close to the time for assigning partners, I will have everyone send me a list of what they would like...or maybe, what they DO NOT WANT. :O)
That way, if someone really REALLY does not want to try to root cuttings, or if they HATE ditch lilies, :O) they won't be disappointed if their partner sends them some.

Does that sound OK with you ladies?

And remember....NO QUESTION IS TOO SILLY!!! (believe me...I've asked the silly ones..so everyone has already heard them.)

o

Hazelnutbunny
Count me in, we had great fun last time, But now you pose a problem I will have to just make up new nmes fo my plants this time.

I love the theme.

Roxanne that plant is beautiful.
Melanie

o

Hi gang. Vela, I'm still waiting to see my plant come up. I did have to move it so Miss Emma would keep her finger out of the wood chips inside. May see it may not. Who knows what damage she did by poking around in there.

Michelle! I heard from my pal Cleve in Arkansas. He has some thornless blackberry plants to send. I will be getting more information soon and will email you through the site for details! YAY! Hmmmm... pie, cobbler, ice cream. Here it comes!

House plants are not good for me as I absolutely kill them every time I try. My thumb is only green in the great outdoors. Turns black once I step inside. LOL. I wouldn't be opposed to cuttings as bonus items though. Unnamed plants are fine. Just send a picture of what they look like in bloom maybe to help the recipient figure out what it is.

What does everyone else think?
Tracy

o

width=350 height=231 alt='myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics' border=0>

Okay. Now that I've gotten everyone's attention.
Here is what I need everyone to do.

When you email me your address, include a note of things you do NOT want, things you DO want, and also include a sample list of the things you'd be able to send.
That way I can compare lists and try to match everyone up the best I can.

But remember....THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES!!!! As with ALL robin swaps, you DO take a risk of getting something that you won't like or necessarily need.
So PLEASE keep that in mind!!!

Remember....This is just for FUN!

o
I like suprises!

I like suprises...if I have it already, then that means I like it and I'll plant it anyway. I like things with pretty flowers. The only thing I don't want is weeds...I have plenty of those already LOL!

o
Today's mirthy manure minute

"Just think: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all."

"Never criticize your spouse's faults; if it weren't for them, your mate might have found someone better than you."

An exasperated mother whose son was always getting into mischief finally fumed one day, "Tommy, how do you expect to get into heaven, acting like that?"
Tommy answered, "Well, I'll just run in and out and in and out and keep slamming the door until Saint Peter says, 'For heaven's sake, Tommy, come in or stay out.'"

o

I would love to be paired up with Roxanne for this swap! I love houseplants and would love a few named Epiphyllums! Cutting would work well for me too! I can root almost anything.

For the swap, I'll send outdoor plants (on my end).

Medontdo,
I forgot to mention the plant hangers, I love them! I have one hanging in the frontroom, one in an outdoor screened in room/jungle! They look so much nicer than using a plant chain!

I'll post some pictures later!

Deb

o

Hazelnut--I sent you email with list of possibles and addy. Please let me know you got it
Melanie

o

Got it, Melanie, Thanks! :O)

o
Hi Everyone!

Melanie, I got your plant today!!!! Email my your addy and I will get it in the mail Mon. Of course, the guy didn't bring it with him to the market, so I had to go to the nursery! But, I did use self control (well, at least to a point) and, I got 2 gal astilbe for $1.50 each! They are in pretty ruff shape but I'm sure they will come back next yr.

Bunny aka Hostess with the mostess!
Have you thought about pairing people by their postal zone? (If it works out) That way, it will save on shipping, (more plants, less cost) and you are likely to be in the same garden zone also. Just a thought.

Medo, I think the name of that plant is campanula, Peachleaf Bellflower.

Roxanne, Welcome to the group!!! You will have fun!

Vic

o

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Oh!!! I'm so excited! I just love trades; and a fun group to share with to boot. I'm in heaven!

The plant in the picture is Epiphyllum 'Freuhlings Gold'. It's in a hanging basket on my front porch. One of my favorite Epi's.

I would be more than happy to trade with you Deb; I have outdoor plants I can send too. I'll get a list together asap. One thing about outside plants: I love them but they must be for full sun, I have NO shade.

Roxanne

o

Well, I found a nice suprise today. I thought my dogs had killed my butterfly weed earlier this year...but look what I found blooming today....the ONLY flowers blooming right now.

I did get some seeds off of my Primerose Yellow Canna yesterday, and I am going to try planting those and see what happens.

o

roxanne, do they smell good?? they look beautifull!! vic, i totally love bells and cups and things like that, today on the way to topeka, i saw some echinacea that was a little darker, oh my, so pretty!! so now i have not met a flower i havent liked. so vela, you are so right!! and your arrangement is so beautiful!! and so cool tracey!! can't wait!! and hnb i'm so in!!! :'))

o
Laurie

oh laurie, if you have any left, can i trade you something? i have indica or something like that canna seeds.

o

Okay, we've got a great list so far! 9 at last count, And 2 more weeks to go!! Yay!!

o

Hi guys. Here are some pics of the new plants I picked up. Hope you like them.

Autumn Sunset Coneflower. I love this, it has orange and purple petals. Brilliant!

Pulmonaria Lungwort has lighter shade freckles on the leaves.

I don't know the name of this one. I bought it for the rock garden and to gross out my oldest. He hates anything that reminds him of mushrooms and I just love the little sprouts coming out of the top of these. I showed them to him and he was completely buggy. I cut one and threw it at him. He ran like a gazelle with a tiger on his tail! LOL

Keylime Heuchera Coral Bells

Bradfords Beauty Fern

Michelle, I'm still waiting for Cleve to get us set up. Will email when I have more to tell.

Tracy

o

Hazelnut----------I want the GOLDEN TOILET WAND----so please conficate it back from your brother.....IT'S MINE....MINE.........MINE. LOL
Melanie

o
Awww man

Awww man. I wanted that! Oh well, I'll settle for a hosas sprayfloralus plant.

o

Oh my gosh I had forgotten about those already vela and mel! You made me laugh so hard! I'm going to wake the kids!

o

Melissa, I'd love to join in this month. All of you seem to be having so much fun. I'll send you an email.
SmileyCentral.com

Mariann

o
Welcome Roxanne and Mariann

I think you two have joined the liveliest thread on GW by far.
I hope everyone is having a good weekend! It rained almost 2 inches about 50 miles from here two days ago, but so far nothing but some clouds for us. Unless something changes fast there will be no Independence Day fireworks around here.

Laurie, I have grown dwarf cannas from seed with good results in the greenhouse in winter. Did you sow yours in situ or are you starting them in containers?
Tracy I really like your new Echinacea, Autumn Sunset; great color. I had forgotten about Pulmonaria. That used to be one of my favorite plants in the shade garden. I guess I lost that one and did not notice.

Time to water.

o

'hosas sprayfloralus plant'. Thanks! I needed coffee shooting out my nose this morning!SmileyCentral.com

o

Welcome to Galium!
And a good Sunday morning to everyone!
Sounds like we're off to a rip-roaring start!

o
Sunday's Mirthy Manure Minute

I wish I was a Teddy Bear.
Because:
1) Everybody likes 'em.
2) Nobody cares how fat they are.
3) The older they are, the more they're worth.

Message in a fortune cookie:
You appeal to a small select group of confused people.

If it's free, it's advice.
If you pay for it, it's counseling.
If you can use either one, its a MIRACLE!

o
Welcome!

Welcome Galium! We have so much fun! I'm so glad you've joined us!

o

Poison,

I have not planted them yet. I was hoping to get to the gardening today, but it looks as if it will rain again...three weeks of rain! At least it has not gotten "Texas Hot" yet.

Is there anything special I should do to them? I did read that you are supposed to use sandpaper.

Medo...I only got three seeds off of it so far. I have not forgotten about you, I promise.

Laurie

o
To those who are new

Hello those of you who are new to this swap...thought I'd let you all in on the fun.

On the previous swap, Hazelbunny admitted she has a problem resisting a good sale (yes, we admit our deepest darkest secrets on this thread, and usually fail miserably at counseling eachother, as we tend to make a big joke of it). She told us a story of finding a golden toilet wand really cheap, and sent it home with her brother. Her family fears coming to her house, because they're afraid of what they'll be sent home with. We have all been dying to have a golden toilet wand ever since.

Second, Chrystallake posted a beautiful picture of her garden that contained a beautiful fountain that she had painstakingly pieced back together and painted. There was a neat looking sculpture or plant on the side of the garden that I wanted to know what it was, so I asked. Needless to say, I was horrified when I was made painfully aware that it was her rolled up waterhose! Needless to say, it supplied a great deal of laughs afterwards. I decided to name my new "favorite flower" hosus sprayfloralus. There is a whole line of jokes associated with this.

If you all want a good laugh, go back to part one of the second make new friends Robin thread and read all four parts of it. We've had Rodent humor, lock yourself out of the house humor, feared our thread would be labeled x-rated and closed down etc. etc., not to mention some beautiful pictures. You'll have a great time!

o
argh!!!

Oh man! My batteries are dead in my digital camera!!! Have some great bloooms today...my Gold Glow rose bloomed...and I actually have some poppies I didn't think made it!! Plus I went to Lowes and got some brand new pretties. But guess what? I'm going to have to work on extending my garden next week while I'm off work...I don't have room to plant any of it!! LOL! Plus, there are a few things that need moved because they are getting crowded.

o

hubby said you can't stay on the computer to long, but i have to tell you of yesterday! we had to spend tthe rest of our grant money, so we went to lowes, and home depot. we picked out a fridge that has a ice thingi in the freezer that comes out. totally cool. and the shower is a neo angle that the door slides around. it never opens out!! i love that!! and it's 38" and a bunch of other junk! LOL i do want some ceiling fan that leaves on it, thats pretty! and laurie!! how could you forget about me?? LOL and welcome all you newbies!! we all have SOOO much funnn!!! :')) too bad we couldn't spend it on plants!! i seen a cholcolate calla! oh my! i wanted it soo bad! if it had seeds i woulda snatched em!!! LOL although i did snatch the plant, in my mind! LOL and the canna's! like futuristic or something like that, and there was another one that was purplish! oh man, i was in love!! it finally stopped raining! laurie, if its soft rain, garden anyhow, my plants love it when i plant then, don't know why, but transplanting then is best for them, so i'm getting used to that. LOL have a happy safe fourth of july!! or at least sunday!! :'))

o

Medontdo,

Yes, this one is fragrant; smells to me like a luscious combination of citrus and easter lily. Most aren't though.

You have to watch which Epi you get, the species flower only at night and last just 1 night. The species and most of the hybrids get so large you really need a greenhouse for them. This one is considered a small epi even though it's flowers are as big as my hand! And it's flowers last for weeks. No greenhouse for me so I have to limit my collection to what can survive in front of my windows all winter. They spend the summer outside under a shade cloth.

I know this is a gardening forum but; I hope everyone loves puppies 'cause I just have to share some pictures:

Our little German Shepherd can't seem to decide who she is. My husband has a different nickname for her almost every day.

First she was Handlebar Ears

Then she was Cow Ears

Then Tee Pee Head

Wonder what he'll call her today? She's got one Tee Pee and one Handlebar Ear.

Hope these pictures brought a smile!

Roxanne

o

Roxanne, Whatever kind of ears she is today, she is a cutie pie.
Laurie, sandpaper or an emery board will work fine for your cannas. I think I just knicked mine with a knife and soaked them in warm water for a few hours before sowing in indvidual 4 inch pots. They germinated within a week or so. This is my favorite of the 4 colors I grew.

Lisanthus/Eustoma

Sweet Potato Vine, from seed collected from Blackie

This guy is always hanging out on the patio door-I love him!

o

Oh boy..I went shopping today (imagine that!) and I went to an outlet store, called OOPS! They have a big collection of just odds and ends...it's so COOL!! Big BIG candles for $2!!!! YAY!!!!
Oh geeze...Ya'll should've seen me...sniffing candles and playing with the fountains...sitting in the big huge 10ft tall Adirondack chair!!
I DID see the funniest sign, though....
It said:
"We accept Visa, Mastercard, debit & credit cards. NO CHECKS.
CASH only for purchases $10 or less."

AS IF! As if I can get out of there spending $10 or LESS??!!?
HA!

o

Roxanne-your Shepherd is adorable lov those ears.

A double dose of one of my favorites today.

Daylily 'Pure and Simple'

Hope eyeryone had a great weekend
Mariann

o

Roxanne: My favorite is TeePee head. She is adorable!!!
Poisondart: Once again your frog photo is a huge hit with my son.

o

Ok....maybe this is just me, and honestly, I mean NO offense, because I love the name, I think it's cute........
But does anyone else start humming the song when someone says her name????

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics ............Rooooooooxxxanne.......

o
Friends list

Ok, here is the list as I've compiled it so far. (I'm making a spreadsheet, and trying to keep up as we go along...make it easier in the end!)

If I've left your name off, please let me know.
Also, if you have a star by your name, this means I have your info. If you don't, then please email it to me.
hazelnutbunny@cox.net

Vela75*
Laurieanngarris
Vic_zn5
Tracyvine*
Dirt_under_my_nails*
Rockyridge
Crystallake*
Debbya
Medontdo
Galium*
Poisondartfrog
Hazelnutbunny

Thanks for your help, girls!!!

o

Hazel, I sent you my info the other day, did you get it? I am having a problem getting into my email tonight! Seems with Yahoos new updates it now works even worse than before! AND, I get advertising on it now, and it's a paid account, not a yahoo free account! GRRRRR!

o
melanie!!

Mel,
I was getting your plant ready to ship and remembered that wed is a holiday! I don't know if I should go ahead and ship, wait till thur. or wait till next week. I sent you an email, I think, my email is not behaving tonight so please post here also.

Girls,
If I don't hear from Mel tonight what is your opinions? This is a pretty big plant I'm sending and I don't want to kill it!

I'm worried about it spending an extra day (or 2) at the po because of the holiday.

Thanks ~ Vic

Oh, and Mariann, WELCOME!!
Roxanne (now hazel has me singing, lol) adorable puppy!

o

as if you don't have my info, LOL but to not be a big pain, i will email it!! LOL :')) roxanne i want some of that plant!! it's really cool looking and i just can smell it!! LOL and that german shepard is sooo cute!! my puppies just got out this morning, i wanted to totally kill them, i had one plant left from when my brother died, lo and behold them bugers had to tear it all apart!! errrrr!!! i told hubby that was the absolute last straw!! i cannot take anymore!! they were supposed to be gone by the time we were back, get them a home this week!!!! and the momma too!! the only animals i want are my two kids! LOL and tracey, i love them wierd plants! and your oneryness!! the gross out factor as tabor and i say!! LOL but i can't gross him out, he will me, although i don't let him know, he will eat worms!! ugh!! i'm tryna get fuscha, the ones from the store, but man, they are exspensive!! but hubby is doing the ebay thing, so he's like is there anything you want?? he he he did he REALLY say that??? LOL hope your sunday went great!!!

o
omg

i'd wait!!

o

Okay...Vic & Medontdo.....I know I USED to have ya'lls info...but here's the deal......I don't like computers (hard to believe) so I write everything down on paper.....and it piles up...cuz everyone knows creative people are the messiest......and then...I got a bug in my ear...and it whispered to me.. "do housework" ...and so ......

I CLEANED MY DESK OFF LAST NIGHT!!!!!

So naturally, everything important got tossed too.
I'm good at that.

o

Poison,

That white canna is just gorgeous! I just nicked my seeds...what a pain that was! They are now planted. We will see what happens.

Laurie

o

Hazel, ok, ok, I'll send it again! Geeesh, I guess my info wasn't worth keeping. LOL

Girls! so far one vote to wait on shipping the plant! What do ya'll think???

Vic

o

Hello Vic;
I am conflicted about whether to ship or not. Since the Post Office does whatever it feels like, shipping on Thursday does not guarantee Saturday delivery and if that did not happen then it would be Monday. That means five days. If you ship tomorrow and they do not deliver until Thursday that is only three days. If you ship first thing in the AM tomorrow, it may somehow get to the location by Tuesday. I did get overnight delivery of a priority box from Maine to Indiana so I know it can happen.
Hazel, your list shows that you are missing information for yourself. Do you need someone to send you your address?
I am only making fun of you because I did the same thing when I was the hostess but no one caught it or they were too polite to mention it. I, of course, am not so nice.
I will not be joining this swap as I have so much company coming in the next few weeks that I will not have time to devote to this. I will try to stop and visit. What a great group this is and you are having so much fun. Vela sent me info on how to post pictures and I will try to do that in the next week.
Have fun everyone. diene

o

Hm. I would wait, I think, Vic. Better safe than sorry? :O)

Sorry you won't be joining us, Diene! But do remember to stop by and give us a hard time now and then, OK? :O)

o
To Vic

Vic, sometimes if you go extremely early (as Diene said) and be sure that you tell the postmaster that the contents are perishable, your package should get there overnight. I know that our post office is really good about getting them where they need to go quickly, if you let them know it's a live plant inside.

But that probably didn't help you out any, did it?? :O)
I'm a master at confusion.

o
My two cents

Here's my two cents....and they're really shiney pennies, let me tell you (LOL!!!!!)

I would wait until next week, that way there are no worries. I doubt she's in that much of a rush for it...she'd probably rather wait a week than receive it dead.

o

I think I agree with Vela. But I may change my mind again.
Ya never know.

o

Vic: I would wait until next monday. I know it is a long time from now but with the holiday and all the vacations people take this week I would think the chances of it sitting for an extra day or more would be high. I know we would all like our packages sooner than later but I'd rather get a live healthy plant and wait a little extra time.

Poison: I love your lisanthus. Did you grow that from seed? I have heard they are difficult to sow. I have some pink ones that I would like to collect from and sow next year. Any thoughts? I love the pulmonaria too. It has great foliage. I divided it because it was so large. One is doing well and the other is looking a little sad still. Hope it doesn't croak on me. Frog humor.

Roxanne: I love your name and now hnb has me singing it too. My brother used to crank it on the stereo when we were kids. It is blasting in my brain now! Love the puppy pics. Last pic should be called ground flight crew head. Can't you just picture those guys on the airport tarmac in the orange vests waving their orange flashlights around??? LOL!

Medont: Blackberry update. Heard from Cleve. We're all set! Yippee. He will email me when he ships! Yay! Mmmmmm. PIE! I'm glad someone likes my weird plants! And my mean streak! I love terrorizing that boy. Nothing more satisfying than making a big football playing 17 year old scream like a little girl and run for cover! Hehehehehe. He and I play a lot. My hubby always yells at us to quit the horse play. Yeah, Right, like I would ever stop. Thinks I'm a delicate flower. LOL.

Diene: Love your mean streak too! Very funny. Please visit with us often. You're such a smarty. We love your wisdom here.

Vela: I have found a hybrid of your favorite species!

The hosusprayflorus/emmaroseus! I think of you daily while watering!

o
blackberries

Medontdo: I sent you an email. Let me know if you didn't get it.
Tracy

o

Galium/Mariann:

I peaked at some other posts and saw... That it was your birthday on Saturday! Happy Birthday! Hope it was a great one!
Tracy

o

Tracy thank you for the birthday wishes. Actually my birthday is on the 17th. In the Queen Of The Month Birthday Swap we celebrate our birthdays for an entire month. Everyone who participates sends me a birthday present this month. I soooo love presents.

Mariann

o

Tracyvine that Lisianthus was grown from seed saved from last years crop. They are not difficult from seed, but they do need a long time to develop into blooming plants. I start in mid-January to get blooms in June. They are not hardy, but you can also winter them over in their pot if you can keep them somewhere that does not freeze. They will not really grow, but you can cut them back in spring and start feeding and watering and have blooms in April or May.

o
wow!

hosusprayflorus/emmaroseus is such a beautiful hybrid!

That was hilarious!

o

Tracyvine, I should amend my previous statement. Lisianthus is not hardy here. Laurie probably grows it year round.

o

i didn't get it tracey! so i didn't send you one back, LOL isn't that funny how our men think we are these little thinks like those delicate glass thats so thin if you look at them wrong or breath wrong it will shatter into a million pieces! i'm like oh please, give me a break!!! i'm a worker! i only get lightheaded once in a while or dizzy let me be, then i'm back up. as long as it's outside! i MUST mention that!! LOL the inside is a dissaster!! but ya know hubby helped me in the heouse yesterday, then talla came along like a tornado and my beautifull livingroom in ten minutes was a mess!!! ugh!!! if she was a plant i'd cage her!! LOL hmmmmmm......:')) i gots work to do inside see ya all later ladies, and hnb i sent my info. so sorry diene!! i was hoping you'd stay with us! and that little one is just adorable and thank you tracy i sent info too.

o

Okay...I got it, michele. I won't lose it this time, promise. :O)

Pictures from my garden this morning:

Yellow climbing rose bush

A daylily I received in a trade about 2 weeks ago...and it's already going to bloom!

This is my round dining room. I'm working on the flower beds in front, I have climbing roses all around with day lilies in between. I've got the entire space to the left to fill, though.....

This rose was supposed to be a pale peach. It rebelled.

o

Vic--sent you an email ship next monday, its fine with me.
Roxanne--Your puppy looks just like mine did 7 yrs ago. here she is now. And don't worry the ears will grow to the body. she is beautiful.
Hazelnut--this thread is growing--word must be out..Hehe..we are such a fun group.
Everyone your flowers are beautiful
Newbies--welcome to everyone.
melanie

o
Monday's Mirthy Manure Minute

"The secret of dealing successfully with a child is not to be its parent."

"Don't let yourself suffer needlessly- find a need to suffer."

"Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today."

o

Poison: Thanks for the info on the lisanthus. They aren't hardy here that is for sure. I will winter them in the garage. I will also collect seeds and try to start them in one of my beds in the late winter. See what they do. This was the first season I've seen them for sale up here. Didn't have a clue about them until I saw them at Walmart of all places. I will be looking for more varieties, I really like the purple tips on yours.

Vela: I thought you might like that new variety! LOL!

Michelle: Got it, Thanks.

o
argh!!!!!!!!!

I want to kill something, but I don't know what it is yet. Something had the serious munchies and found my garden to satisfy itself!! My autumn joy sedum poisondart sent me was munched to the ground. Luckily, I had split it into two pieces, and another piece is still alive in another garden. I have a feeling it was either a deer, a rabbit, or that groundhog bearcub we saw the other day (it was the biggest groundhog we've ever seen, and in WV that's sayin' something). It's possible it could have been my cat, but if he ate that whole sedum, I'd expect him to be hairballing it back up any second now. Arggggghhh Arghhhhh AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! @#$^$#%^$% ^%&$****#$%$#%^$%&

Ok, I feel better now.

o

Vela: Sounds like you need to buy some bloodmeal. Sprinkle it around your plants. Usually spooks critters off. It is good for the plants too. Sorry your garden was attacked by little beasts!

o

Oh, No Vela! That's never good!!

I have always put hair clippings around my flower beds. I've been lucky enough so far that the critters don't bother my plants, but I think that has more to do with the abundance of hot dog sized grubs we have. Guess they'd rather have juicy worm guts than a nice green salad.
ICK.

o

Hazelnutbunny,

Roooooxaaane here! Every other woman's name gets a love song; and what do I get!!!!! A song about a prostitute.

Tracyvine, You are right, she does look like a ground flight signalman. I've got to find a way to shorten it into a cute nickname though.

Boy, this thread is getting realllllly long. Someone said they wanted some cuttings from my Epi and I looked and looked and can't find who it was. e-mail me OK!

Chrystallake, Nice GSD, I really like the dark coloring on her face. but your son is absolutely adorable, he's gonna be a heartbreaker when he grows up.

o

Hmmm....I'm not so sure that I'd call "melissa" by the Allman brothers a love song.....
But maybe that's just me. :O)

And I kinda like the tune to...."Roooooooxxxannne".... :O)
It's been stuck in my head for DAYS now....

o
Welll.....

I think I have the worst song. My name is Vicki...and the only song I know with "Vicki" in it is on "Fairly odd Parents"...they sing "Icky Vicki" LOL!!

o

That's not so bad, Vela! My 10 year old LOVES that show! (I, on the other hand......!)
May not be so conducive to a romantic setting, though....
Lol...Now I've got visions of a hunky guy wooing you with Icky Vicky....myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

o

Not too many I love tracy songs... hmmm, none as far as I know. Not a good sign for my hubby. LOL.

Vela: do you have dogs? That would do the trick. Had a neighbor once that would vacuum the house and collect the shed hair and dump her vacuum cup in the garden to keep the bunnies out. No offense hazelnutbunny. Grin!

o

Loooove the Bunny!!! ROTFLMAO What a way to wake up in the morning! You guys are just toooo funny. Glad I found this thread.

Yeah, I like the song Roxanne too. I guess I've never heard 'melissa' and haven't had any kids in the house in decades so I don't know from 'Fairly Odd Parents'????

I wanted to share some pictures I took yesterday.

This is 'You Angel You'. She is only 2 inches across and she's right by the garden gate so I see her every day. Isn't she cute!

Of course all my Crape Myrtles are blooming their heads off.

Prairie Lace - shrub about 5 ft.

Tuscarora - This is a tree about 25 ft. tall and still growing.

Indy Long Legs

More to come.

Rox

o

& Good Mornig All! Hope the weather is nice where ever you are. It rained all day yesterday & looks like more of the same today.SmileyCentral.com
I can't plant & the kids are stuck inside.We all are going BONKERS!!!!
Oh and FYI no love songs with April in them either......

o

I went out to check on my roses yesterday and a little bird flew out of one.
What a place to make a nest. Good thing I have dogs not cats.

Three little blue eggs.

It is a little Hair Wren's nest. I'll check today and see if she lays more. Real convenient to look at; this rose is only 3 ft. high.

More daylilies:

Scatterbrain

Destined to See

And my favorite today.
Spacecoast Starburst

Rox

o

There might not be a love song but I see they named a daylily after me. Scatterbrain. LOL!
Lovely lilies Roxanne!

o

You Angel You is so pretty! I like Spacecoast Starburst too.
I took these after watering this morning:
Morning Glory, Jamie Lynn

Have a great day, everyone!

A couple of brugs:

Canna, Peach Frost

o
Tuesday's Mirthy Manure Minute

Funny Warning Labels

Some examples of why the human race has probably evolved as far as possible. These are actual instruction labels on consumer goods...

On Sears hairdryer:
Do not use while sleeping.
(Gee, that's the only time I have to work on my hair!)

On a bag of Fritos:
You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.
(The shoplifter special!)

On a bar of Dial soap:
Directions: Use like regular soap.
(and that would be how?)

On some Swann frozen dinners:
Serving suggestion: Defrost.
(But it's 'just' a suggestion!)

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert: (printed on bottom of the box)
Do not turn upside down.
(Too late! you lose!)

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding:
Product will be hot after heating.
(Are you sure? Let's experiment.)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron:
Do not iron clothes on body.
(But wouldn't that save more time?)(Whose body?)

On Boot's Children's cough medicine:
Do not drive car or operate machinery.
(We could do a lot to reduce the construction accidents if we just kept those 5 year olds off those fork lifts.)

On Nytol sleep aid:
Warning: may cause drowsiness.
(One would hope!)

On a Korean kitchen knife:
Warning: keep out of children.
(hmm...something must have gotten lost in the translation...)

On a string of Christmas lights:
For indoor or outdoor use only.
(As opposed to use in outer space.)

On a food processor:
Not to be used for the other use.
(Now I'm curious.)

On Sainsbury's peanuts:
Warning: contains nuts.
(but no peas?)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts:
Instructions: open packet, eat nuts.
(somebody got paid big bucks to write this one...)

On a Swedish chainsaw:
Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands.
(Raise your hand if you've tried this...)

On a child's Superman costume:
Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly.
(Oh go ahead! That's right, destroy a universal childhood belief.)

o

Those are gorgeous flowers, ladies! I LOVE the brugs and the daylilies are FABULOUS!!!

We are having yet ANOTHER day of storms here....Last night the road in front of our house was more than a foot under water.
And have I ever mentioned that our house is built on a CREEK BED??????? Whoever got the idea for that, let me tell you..is NUTS!!!!
I have a picture from 1959 of a flood that was up to the bottom of the windows of the house. It hasn't been that bad since then, but with the 3 weeks of constant rain, and the way the roads were last night......
I'm getting my ark ready.....

o

LMAO~hnb! Love the labels! Glad to see everyone is off to a roaring start this morning! Went to the zoo yesterday with all of the kiddies, had lots of fun. Saw lots of cool plants and managed not to swipe any! LOL! Poison: Love the Brugs! I've never seen those before! Gorgeous. Roxanne: You have a beautiful garden!

o

It FINALLY quit raining long enough for me to get outside, and the only things I have blooming are this daylily...

My pumpkin

And I saw this really GORGEOUS moth! My picture really stinks, cuz I"m no good at close ups (at least my camera isn't, anyway, the zoom blurs everything)
But it was a pretty pale, buttery yellow with baby pink along the edges! I've never seen one like that before!

o

Melissa-thanks for the laugh...(label instructions).
Mariann

o

At least I'm good for SOMETHING around here, Mariann! :O)

o
Melanie

Oh girl..I just tried one of those tomato and basil sandwiches you mentioned before...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...I'm in heaven!

Got any other recipes???? :O)

o

Ok....I've been reading on here about yall's songs...and mine is...of all songs...Laurie Monster. How crazy is that?

And...my Fairy Charm Daylilies are about to bloom again! I will send pics soon.

o

Poisondartfrog,

Love your Brugs. You must live somewhere that's warm year round? Yours is huge. Is that second Brug peach? Gorgeous!

I love the peach and pink ones, I had a pink once and tried to overwinter it in the ground; well guess what! No more pink Brug. I've thought about trying it again; this time planting it in early spring instead of August. I haven't gotten the nerve yet.

I do have 5 of the yellow ones that over winter quite nicely. They die to the ground every year; they're just now setting buds so it won't be long and they'll be blooming their heads off.

Rox

o

I have a bunch of the brugs in my yard. My plant (pink like Poison's) is probably about 6 feet tall and about 6 feet wide. I hate the thing. Mainly because it is poisonous and my cat likes to hide under it. We keep saying that we are going to pull it up, but we haven't yet. Too much rain, and too much heat. If anyone wants some, and can tell me how to save it...just let me know.

Laurie

o

i just go ahead and pull it up! LOL but i'm bad about that! one guy said as long as you don't eat it, and alot of it your fine! castor beans on the other hand are different, but aunt kay told me her cousin ate one and she's still alive, they made her puke it up. i planted 4 of them anyhows. but no more moles!! ha ha ha i'll keep all the dirty thoughts to myself!! LOL but if you do pull it up, or it seeds first, can i have some?? please. i know one day i'll have something you'll say hey!! i want some!! LOL i'll be like heck ya!! :')) i'm on the move for a chocolate calla at lowe's. i really want it!! LOL it's so pretty and already blooming! and i want a purple canna. that would be so cool!! ya purple is my most favorite color!! the day was awesome!! hubby bought me the banana seed kit! i'm so very anxious!! my plans on the green house just got bigger!! LOL well, HAPPY 4th of JULY!!! :'))

o

Brugs die down to the ground here but usually come back each year from the roots. This year I lost several because of the weird weather we had, but I also overwinter at least one or two in the house and another one or two in the greenhouse. The peach tends to be blooming around Christmas in the house and the fragrance is fantastic.
I also take cuttings from my favorites each fall, store them in the vegetable drawer of the fridge and then start into growth in February in the greenhouse.
No small children here, so I don't worry about the poison aspect.

o

You know, I have been looking and looking for seeds on that plant and I have not seen any yet. I know what the pods are supposed to look like, but I have not seen one. I have never seen a purple canna. Have you seen one? I really really want a tropicanna. Saw them today for $17.00 but that is a little steep for me.

o

o

only on the internet! i was looking it up. i'm gonna find me one! LOL even if i have to order one, see i have a hubby who does ebay, and then he say's honey, is there anything you want??? hmmmm, now what do you think i'm gonna say?? LOL i'm gonna say here's the web address and this is what i want, it cost this much and has this many seeds! its a good deal, and if he's too grumpy then i'll lay it on thick about how his new found fun on ebay is costing so much money to have all these tacticall lights with lazer when all he needs is a tactical led light and he shouldn't be wasting all our money, so if he can, so can i, at least we can get enjoyment out of mine! all of us can, not just one person, then he'll get it, and i'll be really all sweet and nice again. yep, it's that easy! and i say it nicely! its the mood pill, that he thinks i'm taking like i'm supposed to be taking, LOL i'm slowly backing off of it. unless i notice i;m getting all attituded out again. LOL but on the other hand, my plants sure do love me!! and someone is giving me a moon bush part, its growing to big for them. i hope it smells good!! LOL thursday, cuz hubby wants me to get into the wabunsee county garden club, i told him i am no where near their level of gardening! they all have beautiful lawns and their gardens are all mulched and weeded and oh my!! their flowers are what i dream of!! my outlines are of the walmart 98cent stuff, LOL not pretty! old logs i found out back in a junk pile till ottis bring his wood poles up, then i want to paint them white or something in contrast of our white house, i've got lots of work to do!!! ugh!!! LOL well everyone, i'm done venting and being scared to something or another! ya know, being around people! when i get that canna, and i get seeds, i'll give ya some laurie! LOL :'))

o

Melissa,
I mailed out the sunflower seeds today, let me know when they arrive. I tried to send a really good assortment!

Deb

o

Can I join in too?

o

Laurie, I've never seen a purple canna. There are lots of purple leaved ones, and I know hybridizers have been working toward a purple bloom, but I have not seen any information about one being developed. If you find some let me know. I'd like to try it.
Brugs are highly variable and not reliably fertile. Some cross freely across species, others barely set seed within their species. I have some plants I have grown from seed. Suavolens has been the easiest from seed, but others work well also. Brugs often set sterile seed that cannot germinate even with GB treatment because there is nothing viable there. With those types you just have to plant and hope you have living seeds.
I have done a few controlled crosses, but nothing spectacular has resulted.

o
RE: Welcome

I meant to add, Welcome fishymamas! You will like it here.

o
RE: .....SNAKE..... and not in the garden

Well, I had quite a scare last night!!! I've always told my hubby to check his shoes in the morning before he puts them on 'cause we have a real black widow spider problem here.

I'm not scared of spiders anymore!!! Last night when I shut down the computer to get ready for bed, I walked out into the dinning room and there was a big old SNAKE. I about hit the ceiling. I didn't know what to do. My husband is a merchant marine and is gone for 3 weeks at a time. Of course he is gone now! To tell the truth if he had been home.....he's terrified of snakes!

Well, I walked back and forth and didn't know what to do. I live out on this ridge with no neighbors to call for help. After about 1/2 hr. I decided the snake wasn't going anywhere unless I did that 'Animal Planet' thing and caught him myself. I've seen it done hundreds of times on TV; I got my trusty broom and used the handle to push down his head. When I was sure he couldn't move I picked him up like they do on TV....right behind his head. Outside we went! 10 o'clock at night with a flashlight, a snake, and all my dogs at my heels wondering what the heck mom brought out of the house with her. I threw it across the fence. It was just a harmless 2 ft. black snake....I don't know what I would have done if it had been a rattler!!!!

I am proud of myself. I guess there is something good about living alone after all.....it makes you do things you never thought you could. That was my excitement for the month!

Rox

o

Wow - good for you Roxanne! How scary was that?? We get snakes once in a while in our basement - one that was especially huge reared it's ugly head while by husband was gone. Fortunately, my neighbor was home, and he came over and shot it. Sorry, any snake lovers, but that sucker was really big, and really scary! I could have never brought myself to do what you did, Rox! Good for you, girl!

Hey, as I just jumped in here, can I join the group? I know I have traded seeds with several of you all, and this looks like a lot of fun!

o

Cool Graphics at iLLpic.com
Sure Beckilove come on in!!! The more the merrier.
Rockyridge,you are one brave lady!!!

o

Welcome to Beckilove & fishymamas!! If you 2 would be so kind as to send me your addresses, I'll get you added to my handy dandy spreadsheet! (well, OK...DH's handy dandy spreadsheet) :O)

We have our very own SNAKE HUNTER!!! Ick, Roxanne!! Snakes aren't my favorite, and I don't mind them too much (lived out in the boonies my whole life) but I think I'd just stand there and squeal. I'm real mature that way!

o
good morning!!!

A Big Warm Welcome to Fishy and Becky!

Wow, only gone one day and you girls almost used up one whole thread! I bet this robin will take at least 6!!

Vela, I'm a Vicky too, and have a cousin Ricky, when we were little our brothers and sisters used to sing "Vicky gave Ricky a hicky on his D----" !! Siblings are soooo mean! I think I'd rather have the prostitute song!

Rox, EEEEK!!! I think I would have packed up and left! LOL
Or let the puppy have her fun with it! You are the Woman!!
SmileyCentral.com

Love all the pics!! I should have taken some of Zack after picking blackberries! Oh what a mess that was!

SmileyCentral.com
Have a Happy 4th!!!
Vic

o

I'm not sure how brave.....but it's amazing what you can do when you have no choice. I sure wasn't gonna go to bed and leave him there. Can you imagine? Couldn't shoot him on the carpet. I couldn't open the door and chase him out....my 3 german shepherds would have rushed in and then it would have been real pandamonium. They would have killed it, no doubt; I find half eaten snakes in the yard every once in a while. Just didn't want the blood and guts in the house. But I have to admit....I'm patting myself on the back this morning.

Rox

o
Wednesday's Mirthy Manure Minute

Pregnancy Q & A!

Q: Should I have a baby after 35?
A: No, 35 children is enough.

Q: I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move?
A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.

Q: What is the most reliable method to determine a baby's sex?
A: Childbirth.

Q: My wife is five months pregnant and so moody that sometimes she's borderline irrational.
A: So what's your question?

Q: My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labor, but pressure. Is she right?
A: Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

Q: When is the best time to get an epidural?
A : Right after you find out you're pregnant.

Q: Is there any reason I have to be in the delivery room while my wife is in labor?
A: Not unless the word "alimony" means anything to you.

Q: Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from childbirth?
A: Yes, pregnancy.

Q: Do I have to have a baby shower?
A: Not if you change the baby's diaper very quickly.

Q: Our baby was born last week. When will my wife begin to feel and act normal again?
A: When the kids are in college.

o

Can I join fun! You already have my sister Melanie.

Nancy

o
Welcome Nancy!

Well......given your GW name, you should fit right in!
Us nuts have all hatched!
Welcome aboard!
SmileyCentral.com

Vic

o

Come on in, Nut!! Nuts are always welcome here!
Please email me your address and haves/would like to have lists.
hazelnutbunny@cox.net

o
virus warning!!!!

Ok, guys..I wanted to warn you all about a nasty computer virus that my PC seems to have gotten. I have been battling it for 4 days now, and I think I finally have it licked (knock on wood).
I may end up losing most of my info, so if I ask you guys for your address/list again, PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

ALSO::::::: This virus seems to have originated at a VERY POPULAR graphics website. I will not give names, but I use it QUITE frequently. It's taken me this long to find the origins of the virus, and I'm 95% positive now.

**********EVERYONE PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS WHEN USING GRAPHICS!!!! This has been no picnic for me..and I would really HATE to see anyone else have to go through this.

o
Happy Fourth!!!

Wow!!! Left and came back to three new members!! Welcome nut, fishy and becky!!!! yippeee!!

WOW Roxanne!! Apparently you couldn't heed the "do not try this at home" advice! Didn't have much choice, huh? Won't that be a story to tell hubby when he gets home!

We went to the drive in movies last night. I tell you what, I'm really thankful we're lucky enough to still have one of those places around. We saw "Surf's Up" and "Are we done yet?"...only cost the four of us $14 to get in to see both movies (adults are $7 and kids under 12 are free). We stopped at McDonald's on the way, and sat there in the car and ate while we watched the movies. Would have been $100 to see those two movies at the regular movie theater. I didn't have to worry about the kids being loud...it's so nice.

o

Welcome fishymamas, Beckilove, and Nuthatch! Any sister of melanies is a sister of ours!

Rox: Yuck! Snakes in the house... Too much to think about! Gross, gross, gross! I have mostly toads here, not a snake to be found, thank you god!

Vic: LOL! love that little diddy by your sibs! My brother just called me thunder thighs! lol! Not as creative as your bunch.

Have a great 4th of July everyone!
Tracy

o
This is the subject title.

Vic & Tracy----I think those both pale when compared to what my brother CONTINUES to call me......SISSY PISSY. In public, in church, EVERYWHERE. Honestly,
he has NEVER called me by my name. :O)

OKAY. I need address info for the following gals, please:

Laurie
Poison
Debbya
Fishy
Nut

o

Ouch HNB. My brother learned that I could punch really hard so it didn't happen too often after I taught him a good lesson. Sat on him and lit into him pretty good! He did learn how to run really fast after that though, he ended up with a college scholarship for track! LOL!

o

Vela - don't you love the drive in?? We have one fairly close, and go a few times each summer. We never go to the theater - way too expensive with 4 kids at home yet! But, we go to the drive in for a mere fraction of the cost, bring our own food, see two movies, and have a great time! We always try to park in the front row, so the kids can run around in the grass before the movies start, and then DH and I sit out there on lawn chairs during the movies, while the kids all lay in the back of the van to watch. So much fun. The only thing I hate is driving home afterwards - it's about an hour drive at midnight or 1am - not fun - but hubby does fine - it just scares me a bit. :)

o
RE: Baby Birds!

Just wanted to post these pictures I took this morning of the nest in the top of my rose tree. The Hair Sparrow eggs have hatched already and their soooooooo tiny. Little fuzz heads!

Oh look....they think I'm their mommie.

This one you can see how small they are compared to my finger......dirt under my nails and all.

Well, lunch is over....back out to the garden. I swear it is a loosing battle with the weeds. By the time I finish weeding the beds, they're starting to take over and I have to start pulling again. Need more mulch! Need more mulch!

Rox

o

Hazelnutbunny-Sent in my information let me know if it doesn't arrive.

Rox-did you drop a few bugs or worms into those open mouths?

o

So sweet, Rox! Thanks for the pictures. Birds are one of my favorites!! :O)

o

awwww those are so cute!!! melanie as in chrstallake?? hey backilove!! hmmmm seems like i just seen ya LOL we just got more rain today, and i googled purple canna's, i think it was heavens tears, red but turned purple, and another one was a water one, purple but didn't have a name on it. but you would not believe how much they had a price on a tuber for a white one, over a hundred dollars. for a zebra sunset, a hundred twenty nine. why i spelled it out, dunno. LOL too lazy to go up to the next keys? LOL just kidding, talla was here distracting me as usual, and for the snakes, put moth balls in your basement or where you don't want them, and welcome everyone!!! it's really cool here!! lets see.... hnb keeps ya busy thinking with the funny things she comes up with!! LOL and everyone is so darned comical, i swear!! did everyone's little girls go around naked? talla tries to all the time! she used to get naked all the time and dance on our end tables, i was like no way!! they are gonna bust, no table top dancer here!! LOL she'd just laugh and say "oh mom" gee how can ya argue with that cute little laugh and smile?? and they are sturdy wood. LOL i just wish she'd keep undies on!!! LOL :')) so i woke up this morning and what do ya think i found? 4 plants torn up, and 1 nice looking flower bed w glads knocked down, any guesses who did it? yep pupps, they go tomarrow. they ate the basket!! yes i feed them!! LOL they are crazy!! but just the glads got knowcked over, my canna's will come back up from the rain, i pray!! i only have 3 and a bunch of little calla's that are tramled!! errrrrr!!!! LOL so i tell talla, george, you need unders!!! LOL i hope everyone has a great 4th!!! and a safe one!!

o

OhMyGoodness! I'm glad to finally hear about SOMEONE else's little girl running around NAKIE!!!!! I have given up on tryin' to keep my girl in clothes..it just ain't gonna happen! I figure...during the summer, at least I can save money on clothes!! lol During the winter, though...I don't know HOW she does it, but she can go play in the snow wearing nothing but a SMILE! I swear...one of our neighbors is gonna call DHS on us....! :O)

And it's GOT to be a "girl" thing......NONE of my boys ever did this!!

o

Hey Nutbunny!

I tried to e-mail you my address and it came back. Can you e-mail me at lauriegarris@yahoo.com and I will reply with my address.

Thanks!
Laurie

o

Poisondartfrog

That is a great idea; storing brug cuttings in the fridge. It really works, huh? Do you let the ends callous and then wrap them in plastic? About what temp is your veggie drawer? I've gotta try it!!!

Rox

o

same here, tabor could wear white clothes and not get them dirty! i had to introduce him to sand, boy was that a mistake!! LOL he was like 3 and he freaked when i put him in the sand box! but after a few days it was ok, talla, night and day!! that girl was dirty from the day after she was born, she was born clean, kid you not!! no after birth on her, she was just really clean! and so quiet, i shoulda enjoyed that moment, cuz from then on it was noise, mess, and trying to keep clothes on her even as young as that cute little thing was!! LOL she'd even take them cute little things out of her hair somehow, LOL don't know how. but she'd look up so cutely, so i couldn;t be mad. ya my niece is the same way and a lady from our church has a little girl 1 day younger than talla, born in the same hospital in the very next room, LOL she's the same way, just found out wednesday, ya know, um us "young" moms, as they call us, i kinda giggled, cuz i'm by no means young, but they are in their 60's so they call us young, LOL yes, i'm long winded!! i have no one to talk to, people scare the heck out of me at times, now i remember why i was on the meds. guess what? we got 3 rooms done out of needing to get 3 more to get done. LOL but this is good!! LOL a major thing for me!! how old is your little girl hnb??

o

Sending you an email, Laurie! :O)

My oldest daughter- Aubeni- will be 4 in September (she was born on MY birthday!!) and my youngest - Adora - just turned 1 in April. Then there's the 3 boys, William-will be 11 in August, Bowen was 8 in Feb, and Elijah was 6 in April.
WHEW!
And this girl -Aubeni- will take a bath, and go to bed 5 minutes after, and when she wakes up, she will be covered in DIRT. Seriously! She can NOT stay clean, or even CLOTHED. She just got finished potty training, she went through the rebeling stage where she WAS NOT going to do anything that anyone else wanted her to do....so she WOULD NOT go potty, and actually would take diapers from the baby to wear!! UGH!!! And now, she's all ATTITUDE! I cannot believe the mouth on this girl...she acts like she's 13!
OH MY GOODNESS....! I don't know if I will survive her teen years!!! HELP!
Me and her go round and round....I wanted a girl cuz I thought they were so SWEET AND CUDDLY AND CUTE.....
YEAH RIGHT!!!!

My boys are all so well behaved!! Polite & quiet...they only ever fight with each other when Elijah trys to "love" on his older brothers...and to him, nothing says love like a punch on the arm or a headbut in the tummy! And the older boys don't like that, so they start yelling "QUIT QUIT QUIT!!!!!!! GO AWAY!!!"

SIGH.
I'm ready for school to start.....

o

My gosh girls--Im off for 1 day and look what you have done. You guys are moving too fast..Hehe

Roxie--the snake..ugh

Hazelnut- I got a virus from the graphics also finally had to take the computer back 2 weeks to get rid of it, was buried so deep. That sandwich is the best ask nuthatch, she is the one who got me hooked. LOL

Nuthatch--(Nancy) my sister glad you decided to join us this time, we are alot of fun..

Laurie-I have a Tropicana Canna enroute to me now, if it grows this year I will trade a root for some of your brug, its really beautiful.

Medon't--you do know they say that purple is an insanity color--right...

Beckilove-Welcome-Glad you decided to join us , we have a crazy group here. They do go alittle wild though, just don't mention the words naked ladies..They go bonkers. HEHE

Hope everyone had a good holiday.
Melanie

Love ya all, and warm welcome to anyone i missed.

Melanie

o
Thursday's Mirthy Manure Minute

"ESTROGEN ISSUES"

10 WAYS TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE "ESTROGEN ISSUES"
Or..for the younger chicks who have yet to deal with this, we'll call this...."PMS ISSUES"

1. Everyone around you has an attitude problem.
2. You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet.
3 The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.
4. Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.
5. You're using your cellular phone to dial up every bumper sticker that says: "How's my driving-call 1- 800-".
6. Everyone's head looks like an invitation to batting practice.
7. Everyone seems to have just landed here from "outer space".
8. Your not as nice as you used to be and you used to be a witch
9. You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.
10. The ibuprofen bottle is empty and you bought it yesterday.

o
I have GOT to get it

I HAVE to get batteries for my camera! HAVE TO! I have to take pictures of my flowers...it's a NEED! Someone help me, I seem to be sick...LOL!

o
Virus Warning Update!!!

OK..I REALLY wasn't kidding when I said this thing is NASTY!
I borrowed a AntiVirus/AntiSpyware program from work last night, and it's only been installed for 6 hours, and has already caught and deleted OVER 25 VIRUS's!!!!!!!! And about 5 TROJAN/SPYWARE things!!!
Can you believe that?? And it's traced them all back...and GUESS WHAT??? Yep, they are from that GRAPHIC WEBSITE!!!

To top it off, I HAVE HAD MY FIREWALL RUNNING THE ENTIRE TIME!!!!! I never turn it off, so this stuff has gotten through it..and it actually disabled my OTHER AntiVirus system...It's a goner...!

SO please please PLEASE be careful girls!! This is ICKY YUCKY NASTY EVIL STUFF!!!

o
Hello!

OK, HNB...please say which graphic site it is..is it smiley central? If so, I'll get rid of that one asap. I was going to send you an e-mail and ask...but am afraid you might send me one of those lovely bugs. LOL!

I AM A SICK PUPPY - Today confirmed it. DH was getting ready to go do some running a little while ago and I asked him to pick up a few things. He went out the door, I heard his truck start, and a panicked voice in my head screamed "CAMERA BATTERY MORON!!!" Not only did I hear a voice in my head, but I took off out of my house (haven't even brushed my hair today) and literally ran barefoot out the door waving my hands like a crazy woman! My husband thought someone had died or something by the look on his face when he screeched the brakes! LOL! Good news is...I should have my camera battery here in a bit! LMAO!

o
virus

Hazelnutbunny: WOuld you mind emailing me the name of that site so I know which one to stay away from? I would really appreciate it! I know my computer has been slowing down a lot since I've been on gardenweb from all of the cookies I collect here. I have to run my adware program every few days to get rid of them. I used to run it every 2 weeks and would only get maybe around 11-15 tracking cookies. Now since I've been on gardenweb I am catching upwards of 35 in 3 days. Pretty annoying but I guess this is the price we pay for the free membership.

o
virus website name

It's (and I hope I don't get in trouble for naming them, but OH WELL..they made my computer SICK so they deserve a trash talk)

WWW.GLITTER-GRAPHICS.COM

Stay away from that one!!! They use all graphics uploaded by other members, so there really is NO telling what they have on there.
They also use some Smiley Central stuff, but I've used Smiley Central before without any problems.

AND FYI: My email is Virus free, I don't want anyone worrying that I may send them something...I've got 2 AntiVirus programs running on the email CONSTANTLY, just for that reason!!! I don't want to make anyone else sick too!!!

o

Okay, Vela...I am going to LMAO if your DH comes home WITHOUT a battery!!!
If he's anything like my DH, the most important thing will be the ONLY thing he forgets!!!!! :O)

o

It was the same for me I got it from glitter grafics.com So no more grafics for me anymore. We have enough going on without them. LOL

Here are a few pic of just bloomers before the rains started.

My new dill buddies...

My shasta dasies and Anise Hyssop

Patunia's on my back deck

My Lady in red (started from seed)

Have a good day everyone.
Melanie

o

Welcome to all of the new folks this week!
Rocky, Maybe a career in pest removal awaits you. People would pay big bucks to have you come in and remove snakes that make their way into their homes. Speaking of which, do you know how he got in? He could have friends.
To answer your question, brug cuttings go into a plain brown paper bag and go into the humidity tray in the bottom of my refrigerator. I use a different bag for each variety. They will callous over in there. When I am ready to start them into growth, I recut the bottom of the stem. I always mark an up arrow on the stem so that I plant in the correct orientation. I have not had any trouble holding them up to three months that way.
Vela, I am looking forward to some new pics from you!
I have been tying pew bows for two days-time for a garden break.

Thunbergia alata alba

Rosey Returns, first year blossoms

Another one from the bargain store, this time a lily

o

eep, ok I guess the gardenweb email monster ate my email, I'll resend it.

Naked little girls, yep we got that here, in fact I got one worse, Kristen is 2 and likes to take her diaper off and finger paint in her poo, we put her down for her nap clean, then 5 mins later she's made stinky playdough.

o

Oh, GREAT poison!!! Bring up the possibility of OTHER snakies in the house....I'm sure Rox is gonna sleep REAL good now....!!!!! LOL :O)

o
fishymamas

Fishy- You can send your email directly to me:

hazelnutbunny@cox.net

GW seems to be eating ALL THE EMAILS everyone sends through them!! They're reliably unreliable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here