Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

NEW: mnf - July - Celebrating Freedom

dan_the_mailman
15 years ago

Okay Everyone, now that we've got the Butterflies and Hummingbirds on their way, I thought I'd post our July swap. I know it's probably a little early, but I've always been an early-bird. And let me tell you, those worms aren't all they're cracked up to be! Trust me on that one! YUCK!!!

Anyway, back to our July Swap. We're going to be celebrating Freedom this month, and lots of them! Maybe this falls under that whole idea of "Pursuit of Happiness" Tom and George and John and the others were talking about, you think? There are a few "rules" to this one to guide us along, but I don't think they're bad enough to make us throw out the tea or anything. If they are, I'm sure you'll let me know, right?

So, without further ado, here's our "Constitution" for July

***Everyone must be at least 18 to participate

***Sign-up ends July 5 with partners posted on the 6th and boxes sent by the 18th with delivery confirmation numbers posted here

***Partners will be posted in pairs. In the event of an odd number of participants, one group of three will be made

***Partners decide between themselves number of minimum plants, if any

***Partners decide between themselves any further rules

And, most importantly, EVERYONE MUST HAVE FUN!!!

So, there you have it. No minimum requirements, no color-code, no need for a pass to go to the bathroom. It would be great if everyone posted when their box was sent, and when one was received. It'll be very interesting to see what gets sent out when there basically aren't any rules!

For those of you who like contests, I'll be posting questions about the beginnings of our fine country. If, at the end of the month, you have been the person to correctly post the most first answers, a small prize will be headed your way. Plus, think of the bragging rights!!!

FIRST QUESTION: Who was the founder of the post office?

Comments (150)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

okay Dan, what about my great history answer?...geez...I worked hard on that and didn't even get any points...oh, and you left yourself off the list...."G"

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello Dan;

On March 7, 1774, at a second Boston Tea Party, 16 chests of tea from British tea merchant Davison, Newman & Co. were among those once again thrown into Boston Harbor. This was another symbolic prelude to the American War of Independence.
    Ta Da.
    diene

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Dan, I'm still thinking about joining the swap for July, I haven't made up my mind yet.

Boo, did you want to join this month?

Diene, shouldn't you be out on the boat???? :)

Vic

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello Vic;
    We did go out today. A friend's old boat was wrecked two weeks ago on the rocks by a nearby lighthouse and the boat is still sitting on the rocks. Ron & Paulette were heartbroken as they loved that boat and hated to sell it last year. The new owner is a putz (sp?) and took it out on the ocean without any idea where he was or how to navigate. Fortunately, the Coast Guard was able to rescue him and his girlfriend and their two little kids. What kind of idiot takes little kids out on the ocean without any ability. I heard his girlfried is saying she will never set foot in a boat again. I don't blame her.
    Anyways, the fog came in as we were out at Wood Island so we scooted back towards the marina and then the black clouds, thunder and lightening came. We stayed at the marina for about an hour and a half visiting with friends and watching the storm on the river and then came home.
    It was a nice day but sad in some ways.
    diene

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay Vic, just let me know. Boo, I need to hear from you too before the 5th about joining the swap.

And Diene gets another 35 points, bring her total to 105. Good Job!!!

And Linda? If this were a creative writing class, then yes, you'd get points. But, since this is more like American History, I'm afraid I'll be sending a note home with you about your grades. Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Today I planted my last flower in my garden, and sowed my last seed! Whew!!! I'm glad that's done! My corn is about 4 inches high now, my pumpkins are showing their 2nd or 3rd leaves, and the perennials are putting on a show this year for sure! My red climbing rose is covered with buds, and the potatoes I didn't bother digging up this year are growing some nice, dark-green "shrubbery" once again. I think I'm going to just leave them in the ground, they make a rather pretty bush. And my yarrow is taking over, ain't it cool? hehehe I absolutely love plants that spread and/or are invasive!!! No more mowing for me!!!

Okay, gotta go call the missus, talk to you all later!
    -Dan (smiling all day long)

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Ok, my daughter and 2 boys, one four year old holy terror are visiting me, just starting on the second week, sat went to a wildlife park, today climbed part of mt ranier. 4 yr old is a mammas boy whiney. so I am a bit confused and out of it, I read a bit of the thread and it looks like vic's kids are playing with dan's bra, and he has a new girl friend who thinks its all ok. am I up to date ? Pixie it is your job to keep me up to date. big hugs to you and Fox. hugs carol

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have no bra, nor is there anyone playing with it. However, I do have a new girlfriend.

• diene
    15 years ago

Good Morning All;
    I am very excited!! Back in the days of cheating I never could keep up with the questions. Now that the first right answer wins, I have a fighting chance.
    I am very happy for you Dan that you found Paula. I hope this turns out to be everything you dreamed. If she is in upstate New York I do not think the climate would be an issue. I think you both have hot, humid summers and cold nasty winters. So that is good news.
    The internet has become the preferred method of meeting people these days. I know many success stories. I wish you well.
    diene

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Diene's right. I met Cliff on myspace, of all places! Wasn't looking, really didn't want a relationship, neither of us. We'd both been very badly burned. Very badly. I was browsing one day, just looking for people to connect with so I could say I had some friends, because my ex would not allow me to have friends. He'd find some way to end the friendship. So, after moving to Oklahoma from Texas, I was pretty much alone. Oh, I have family here, aside from my kids, but my parents are all caught up in my brother and his dramatics and on doing everything they can to try to keep custody of my 2 yr old niece. That's the short, polite version. So, anyway, I had no one to turn to but my children when I finally ended a marriage that had been over for well over a year. Anyway, I sent Cliff an email saying "Cool, another redhead". That's it. He emailed back and we went back and forth with that for about a week. Then to IMs. Then about a week later, we spent 5 hours on the phone. And the next night, and the next. We never seemed to run out of things to talk about. Never any awkward silences, and there was honestly no flirting. Just two people enjoying conversation. So, after almost a month of just talking and getting to know each other, he invited me up to his place for dinner and a movie. I accepted and when I got here, he was waiting for me in the front yard. He hugged me and it was like lightening striking. Nothing but dinner and a movie went on that night, though he did give me the sweetest kiss goodnight. And mind you, this wasn't the sloppy open mouthed kiss most guys would have attempted. It was a very sweet press of lips.
    I was so impressed with the fact that he wasn't all over me. I mean, I'm not a runway model, but God blessed me in certain areas and so normally I'm fending off octopi.

And to be honest, we both fought the relationship, both believing it was too soon after our former relationships to become involved with someone new. It had been 8 months for him and 6 for me. Finally in July of last year we stopped fighting it and decided that we were meant to be together. I moved up here (60 miles away from my psycho ex who kept stalking me) with my kids. We progressed from that to Cliff proposing in a laughing manner to him proposing seriously and me still laughing to a serious "Let's get married in May" proposal in front of his family at Easter. So, we did :)

So good luck to you, Dan. I know there are a lot of nutcases on the internet, and care should be taken, and it sounds like you two are doing just that and making the best of this time to really get to know each other. LOL, and the funny part is, I'd always said I would never, ever get involved with someone I'd met on the internet. Mostly because it's much too easy for someone to give you an illusion rather than honesty. But I have seen the light! :P

Kathy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I met my husband online too..in an Irish chatroom. We dated for two years and have been married for 7. Worked for me! So Dan, we're all "rooting" for ya!..(sorry couldn't resist)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hey, it's just berry nice to have some who "carrot" all! hehehe

and I don't know what happened this morning, but when I woke up it was so cold in the house my hair turned blue. no, really, it did! LOL!!!

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

okay, my hair is no longer blue, I can think straight (sorta kinda), and I have another question for you all.

15 points..... Who replaced her wounded husband at his cannon during the Battle of Monmouth, becoming one of the few women to fight in the Revolutionary War?

• allisonlwise
    15 years ago

Molly Pitcher!

• allisonlwise
    15 years ago

also known as Mary Ludwig Hays.

Dang ... Thank you, Google ... I mean ... uh, my high school history teacher.

Allison

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

WOW....man forget to check the rr for a few weeks and you guys go bonkers! Can I get in on this RR? Have lots of cuttings and new plants,tropicals,and houseplants to share. And would be ok with me if paired with someone who does'nt.I'm a true enabler by fault. And my DH has given me a new name for my affliction. And if I tell ya'll I'll probably get throw out of the community......giggle.
    Ok everyone move over here come a high flying cannonball into the pool....wwhhhhhheeeeeee...
    And Dan, best behave yourself.....or is that enjoy yourself ;)

Regina

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay, Allison nailed it twice, so I'm gonna give her a double on those points, which will give her a total of 30! Way to go Allison!

(I just love making up the rules as I go along! hehehe)

Regina! More than glad to add you to the list! In fact, I've already got someone in mind to pair you up with! Now, as for behaving myself, why would I start that now???

QUESTION #6: Who wrote the first Declaration of Independence? And how long did it take the Continental Congress to approve the re-write? And, finally, who authored most of the revised Declaration?
    I think this one should go for 76 points, don't you? LOL!!!

• diene
    15 years ago

Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Roger Sherman, and Robert R. Livingston by committee drafted the Declaration of Indpendence with the writing actually done by Thomas Jefferson. Committee formed on June 11 th, read to the Congress on June 28th and approved on July 4th.

Signing began on August 2nd.

January 18th 1777, copies printed to send to all states.

http://www.ushistory.org/Declaration/timeline.htm

How's that?
    diene

• diene
    15 years ago

Well on further review, Henry Lee first introduced the idea on June 7th.
    So he could be considered the brainchild. diene

• diene
    15 years ago

Richard Henry Lee is the brainchild, certainly not me.
    diene

• peaches20
    15 years ago

Hi All,

I would like to sign up for the round robin. I have a number of plants now and am willing to dig up a few. This will be my first time for a round robin trade. I've traded seeds in the past but never plants.

Thanks,

Nancy

• diene
    15 years ago

Welcome Nancy;
    Tell us a bit more about you, all the dirt!! We are a friendly, helpful but nosy bunch.
    diene

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nancy, welcome aboard! We all started out as newbies at one time or another, so don't be shy! God knows, we aren't!!! So, jump in the pool or pull up a chair and taste some of the scones, but whatever you do, tell us all about yourself!

And Diene, you got the last part of the question right, but we're still looking for who wrote the FIRST Declaration, and how long it took the Congress to approve the rewrite.
    Keep digging everyone, the answers are out there!!! ROFL!!!

Hey, Allison!!! Linda!!! Vic!!! Bunny!!! Where are you guys??? Plotting something I'll bet!!!

• diene
    15 years ago

Unless you think that Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" was the precurser which is not what the information I have read says.
    It clearly gives the credit to Richard Henry Lee.

"Things moved rapidly in the Colonies after that, and it is a tribute to the influence of Paine's pamphlet that in less than six months after its initial publication Richard Henry Lee of Virginia rose in the Continental Congress at Philadelphia, on June 7, 1776, and presented his famous resolutions which quickly led to the Declaration of Independence. The resolutions, in Lee's handwriting, and now one of the treasured papers in the Library of Congress, were:

Resolved, That theseUnited Colonies are and of right ought to be, free and independent States; that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain is and ought to be totally dissolved;

That it is expedient forthwith to take the most effectual measures for forming foreign alliances;

That a plan of confederation be prepared and transmitted to the respective Colonies for their consideration and approbation."

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nope, not Thomas Paine. The person who wrote the first Declaration helped write the second one.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

sorry..I was in Altoona a couple of days visiting my family..anyone ever drink a Hurricane??.."hiccuppp"

• diene
    15 years ago

Okay here is my last best effort -

"June 12-27 Jefferson, at the request of the committee, drafts a declaration, of which only a fragment exists. Jefferson's clean, or "fair" copy, the "original Rough draught," is reviewed by the committee. Both documents are in the manuscript collections of the Library of Congress."
    Time it took for Congress to ratify it was from June 28th to July 4th

June 28 A fair copy of the committee draft of the Declaration of Independence is read in Congress.
    July 1-4 Congress debates and revises the Declaration of Independence.
    July 2 Congress declares independence as the British fleet and army arrive at New York.
    July 4 Congress adopts the Declaration of Independence in the morning of a bright, sunny, but cool Philadelphia day. John Dunlap prints the Declaration of Independence. These prints are now called "Dunlap Broadsides." Twenty-four copies are known to exist, two of which are in the Library of Congress. One of these was Washington's personal copy.

And finally

August 2 Delegates begin to sign engrossed copy of the Declaration of Independence. A large British reinforcement arrives at New York after being repelled at Charleston, S.C.

January 18 Congress, now sitting in Baltimore, Maryland, orders that signed copies of the Declaration of Independence printed by Mary Katherine Goddard of Baltimore be sent to the states.

This information came from the Library of Congress, what better authority.
    diene

• allisonlwise
    15 years ago

I was having a Tastefully Simple party ... aka eatting dip for dinner, LOL! Sorry to be away.

Hope everyone had a good night! I'm taking my almond poundcake outside to enjoy the HOT weather :)

Allison

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

You caught us Dan, we've been on the web trying to track down your new GF! We haven't found her yet, she must be on the ph with you! LOL

Carol, no, my son wasn't playing with Dan's bra, but he might have been playing with Dan's new girlfriends bra!!

Regina, nice to meet you! I've been off the forum for a long time and am now back to torment everyone!

Nancy, welcome to the group! You will like it here (that is if you like to have fun!)

Linda, no, never had a hurricane, but if you would like to hou can mix one up and send it to me!

And if Allison would send me some of that Almond pound cake I would be all set!

Diene, I think you should get the 76 points just for effort! All your research is wearing me out!

I've been trying to get things done in the yard around here, the hard rocky clay and bindweed seem to be winning! But I will not give up!! I did find a giant pick ax at a garage sale for $1.00 and am definately getting my money out of it, although it is so heavey I can barely lift my arms anymore! But, I still will not give up!!!

Well, I'm off to bed! Good Night All!
    Vic

• diene
    15 years ago

Good Morning Vic;
    If you think it is tiring you, imagine how I feel!! I have given up and if Dan does not like the answer, too bad!!
    I have some Tastefully Simple stuff that tastes simply terrible when I make it. It was wonderful at the party I went to but does not like my kitchen. I am a very good cook so I am quite disappointed. Hope you have better luck Allison.
    I bought a pick axe at a yard sale several years ago and I worry about the head coming off the handle because of its age but that has not happened yet.
    Have a wonderful day all. I am going shopping for top soil and straw today.
    diene
    diene

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

http://www.state.de.us/facts/ushist/revfacts.htm

first one with all the answers gets the points. I think I'm gonna give diene 40 points though for all her hard work. sometimes it takes a few wrong answers to get the right ones.....

and there'd better be no one playing with Paula's bra, that's my job! anyone else even tries, and there could be a hanging! and yes, I've got the rope to do it with...

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Benjamin Franklin
    1 yr
    Thomas Jefferson

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Ok Dan, don't get in a big uproar! I'll tell my 3yr old that he can't use her bra as a superhero cape! LOL

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Okay....Diene has me confused...or wait, maybe it's Dan that has me confused.....Ah heck.
    I just don't know WHAT I am.

But I'll say Vic's answer, and say that it was Benjamin Franklin who made the first draft, with his buddy Tommy (jefferson) looking over his shoulder. The poor Contenintal whatever didn't go for Benny's version, so it took a year for Tommy to write a new one....with a bit of plagerism from Benny's first draft.

Now....How's THAT for cheating? :O)

• diene
    15 years ago

Well Dan, you are in charge so you can do what you would like and I did visit the website you noted but my information came from the Library of Congress.

http://www.ushistory.org/Declaration/timeline.htm

The interesting thing about history is that all information is subject to interpretation and that is skewed by the writer. Think of how well treated the American Indians have been in previous history books.

diene

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Okay, I have the REAL story of what happened. Allow me to tell.....
    Ya see, it was a drunken collaboration between Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Paine, Ben Franklin & Tom Jefferson. They all went to the local tavern one night for a drink...since the taxes on tea were so high, and the ball-n-chains at home were so PMS-ey. While they were there, and after they had knocked back a few pints, ol' Ricky boy says..."My lands...it would be nice to be a free government...no more paying homage to that stuffy british parliment". To which old Henry says..."But we ain't got no right to be free, they own us." *hiccup*
    And then...after witnessing several bar room brawls between Patrick Henry (give me ale or give me nothing!) and Paul Revere, and helping the "waitress" to defend herself against a rather feely George Washington, dear old literary Ben says...."Well, Golly. All's we got to do *hiccup* is write our intentions on a piece of parchment, all legal sounding *burp* and they've GOT to take it seriously then".
    So, they borrow a piece of parchment from the bartender, and write - in their drunken stupor - the first draft of the declaration of independence. Signing it with a "nanny nanny boo boo" to the king.
    Hence, the reason the first draft wasn't accepted (although it was universally declared the "true feelings" of country) and why it had to be re-written later.

So...in conclusion....my answer is....the FIRST declaration was written by ALL 4 MEN! (Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Paine, Ben Franklin & Tom Jefferson) With the help of Samuel Addams (he was the muse).

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Peaking in, curiously finding myself whistling to the tune of "Hey Paula", eyebrows are popping up in surprise at odd intervals, curiously baffled by questions and answers, hoping Paula puts a suit on before Dan lets her dive into the pool with the rest of us. Wishing for a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a cup of joe now.

Jeez, a girl misses a few days and the whole place goes crazy! I can't believe you asked poor Paula all those questions. LOL! She must be a good egg if she answered all of them. Happy dating Dan! I am still trying to muddle my way through this weekend and my son's b-day next week. I can't commit to the RR yet, :o(

Hi Nancy and Regina, welcome to the party!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Bunny, are you sure we didn't take the same history class..the one that allowed "freedom of expression from the tyranny of teachers"?..."saluting"

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hmmmm........I guess Dan is going to leave us all hanging now, he must be on the ph with Paula!

Bunny, I think that it was really the Bartender that wrote the 1st one, He wrote down what all the good ole' boys were jabbering about cuz they were too drunk to think to write it down. But of course that wouldn't look good in out history books now would it?!

Has anyone seen Michele lately? She's not laying on the bottom of the pool is she????

Vic

• medontdo
    15 years ago

you know what it is don't ya??? its history all over again!!! i snoozed!! man!! LOL as much as i'd love to play in another one, i promised hubs i wouldn't, we are saving up for a barn/garden shed. i said, cool i'll help by staying out of some rr for a bit. as if it'll help some!! LOL its the thought that counts and i can get some plants planted and such!! LOL and talla is putting all these little things in my hair, ahhhh the fun of a hair dresser!! LOL
    WOW Dan!! a girlfriend!! how cool!! my moms name is paula, talla's name rhyme's with paula, i couldn't name her paula, cuzz ya know, i'm wierd that way!! LOL (and its native american) boy i tell ya, ya'll sound like your having a great time over here!!
    there's a neighbor, remember i was telling ya'll i enabled one of my neighbors?? well her husband is teaching tabor to build decks and to take down engines of lawnmowers, and to put them back together, he said tabor is learning really great so far, he will teach tabor how to use all the tools, and the sizes. and something about for maybe a 7/8 screw use a 1/2 in. that may not be right but we'll just say it is. because of the head. he said at any time if ya don't understand, ask and he'll explain, tabor is like cool!!! his last kid just graduated, so i think he's missing having one littler one around to teach. LOL and tabor is one of those that LOVE to learn!! they live 2 doors down. so i ccan see them all the time. WHEW for me!! LOL yes i'm a worry wort!! comes from a yucky past and living in a huge town!! to many times!! LOL so i'm a bit over protective as my mom say's. my brother say's that too, now he has his little girl, hmmmm wonder if when lucy gets older if he will think the same thing??? LOL ok i blabbed entirely tooo much!! ohhhh ya!! one more thing...... lester, my neighbor is taking his deck apart, and is giving me all their wood!! how awesome is that!!?? can you say raised beds!!! Hugs ~Medo

• medontdo
    15 years ago

did i tell ya'll about cocoa mulch?? i might have forgotten to, i know i did tell in the hb robin. it is deadly to dogs and makes cats sick. i looked it up on snopes.com so becareful. :')) we have one raised bed built and one more on the way. tabor did that with nails, i thought ohhhhh no!!! then i noticed he was hammering the ends down, i thought dang he's smart!! hmmmmm he's got my genes'!!! LOL Hugs ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: cocoa mulch

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hmmmmm, I didn't realize until just now that we've got ourselves a couple of celebrities in the pool. Bunny and Linda are sooooo obviously related to Mel Brooks!!! LOL!!!
    I'm awarding Diene 40 points for all of her research, and Vic gets 76 points for what turned out to be an open book quiz.

QUESTION #7: Who made the following quote? 50 points.
    "We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."

And yes, if I seem to be absent occasionally, it's probably because I've been on the phone quite a lot with Paula. This "phone-dating" is very different, but it's what we're able to do now. 40 days until I get to see her!!! Oh, yeah!!! Linda, thanks for sorta kinda keeping me grounded in this. It's nice to know someone's been here before. Even better to know your results were so good!!!

As for my garden, the flowers are beginning to bloom, my corn and punkins are growing, and I'll be able to start picking lettuce sometime later this week! MMMMMM, ever have a lettuce sandwich? Man, they are good!!! Two pieces of bread, apply mayo or miracle whip, whichever you prefer, and pile on the freshly picked lettuce! DEE-LISH-ISS!!!

Oops! Gotta go! Phone's ringing! (grinning ear to ear)

• diene
    15 years ago

That's easy,
    Abe Lincoln.
    diene

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

I prefer fresh picked tomato sandwiches...thats two slices bread ,miracle whip,pile on the sliced tomatters and salt and pepper to taste......yummy.

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

And 50 points go to Diene! Way to go!

QUESTION #8: The American Civil War, otherwise known as the War Between the States, had various other names. Give 5 other names for this war, other than the two already given. Points = 25

Regina, that tomato sandwich sounds good! Anyone else have any favorite ways to eat the fresh harvests??? I'm going to try eating fresh-picked, raw sweet corn this year. I've heard that's a real treat!

HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE!!!

Can someone wake up Linda and Tracy? They've passed out again.....

• allisonlwise
    15 years ago

Sorry to be MIA lately. We had horrible storms and lost power.

War of the Rebellion, War for Southern Independence
    War of Northern Aggression, War in Defense of Virginia, Mr. Lincoln's War, and War of Secession.

Six ... do I get extra credit???

Have a great day!

• diene
    15 years ago

Great Allison, I just went to search cause I only knew The War of Northern Aggression, War of Secession and Mr. Lincoln's War. I was unable to find any other names, good job or is the Civil War a hobby?
    diene

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

OH Extra answers!!!
    Allison are you trying to be the "Teachers Pet"?! "G"

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"chanting".."Teacher's Pet..Teacher's Pet".....you'd think he'd give points for essay's...even if they're not right..well..they sorta are...maybe..."G"

• allisonlwise
    15 years ago

LOL! Good old Wikipedia was my help on that one.

I'm a full supporter of all of Linda's essay answers ... regardless of what she uses as sources :)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL!!! I am SOOO glad I didn't have any of you in my English classes when I was a teacher! What any unruly bunch!
    Allison gets 25 points for her answers, and NO extra credit! LOL!!!
    And, as for those "essay"? They're more like creative short stories, which gives me an idea for our next "question". This is one where anyone get points, no matter when they turn in their "answer". Since so many of you are feeling your creative juices flowing, anyone who turns in a story based on our history, no matter how loosely, can get points. The deadline will be the day I reveal partners, which will be next weekend. So, put on your thinking caps and crank out a good one for us all to read! Points will be awarded for creativity, grammar, and sheer hilarity. The more you make me laugh, the higher your points will be! So what are you waiting for? The sky is the limit on this one!!! ROFL!!!
    -Dan