Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

UPDATE: 100 Limit Plant Swap Receiving home

ncgardengirl
14 years ago

Hello Ladies,

I have been working very hard on this swap. I hope everyone enjoys their boxes when they receive them.

I mailed out these boxes so far:

Shipped Home:

1. ncgardengirl-Fran (already here of course)
  2. flwrs4ever-Kym
  3. zinaray-Toni Shipped
  4. greenthumbgrow-Tammy Tammy I decided to work on another one I will get yours next.
  5. victorian_bellefonte-Elizabeth Shipped
  6. divahethr-Heather
  7. kalena67-Karen Shipped
  8. piksi_hk-Betsy Shipped
  9. skyblueskies-Libby Shipped

I sent your delievery confirmation numbers to you in an email.

:) Fran

Comments (19)

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Wooo Hooo!! I received my box!!! Fran, you are the Master at packing boxes!! I am so happy with my selections, and surprises! Thank you so much for all of your hard work!! Most everything looked really good, and the couple of things that need the TLC, I think, will make it just fine!! I am beyond happy with all that I received!

Bravo Fran!! (clapping!!) Job well done!! :o) I'm going to google a few things, and then get the plants some water.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow has only Toni and Karen gotten their boxes back from the ones mailed so far? Toni emailed me letting me know she received.

Tammy/Heather/Kym yours will go out next week so sorry about the delay but I explained to you all why it will be next week, good things come to those who wait LOL.

Karen I am glad you are happy with your box as I was putting it together I kept thinking I am sure she will like this and this and this and this LOL. Only a few things I was concerned about but I hope you really enjoyed the contents of the whole box!
    I also hope you will really consider joining again should I decide to do another one either, I am considering the fall and next spring. I will just have to wait and see.
    I just remembered I need to talk to you about something too. I will email you later with what I want to talk to you about :).

OK well, when the rest of you receive your box please let me know. Thanks so much you all made this a fun swap for me, it was really a thrill to check out all the plants as they came in.
    I also learned what I need to do on my end to keep them looking in tip top condition and maybe have ZERO wilt! So I will make sure next time they get specail attention when I receive them on my end!

Anyway THANKS again ladies,

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

Fran,

The box arrived! I just unpacked them and placed them in water. Thank you for all the assorted plants! It was so much fun opening each one and seeing what I got.
    Some will need TLC like Kalena67 said but hopefully they will do fine.

This is the first round robin plant swap I joined but it will not be the last.

Hope you enjoy the crinums.

Betsy

• skyblueskies
    14 years ago

I received mine. Thank you everyone for the goodies. And a special thank you to Fran for all the extra work you did arranging and packing everything.

Libby

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OK I am finishing up the boxes hopefully I will be all finished with them today! I really hope everyone likes the contents of their boxes.

Elizabeth, hon, have you received yours? I am worried since I haven't heard from you.

I have one more box to zip the contents into and I will be DONE WOOOHOOO....

I have made so many tags for this swap I can't even begin to count. I used a almost a whole thing of mini blinds for labels. I have used a whole bag of rubberbands, 3 boxes of zip locking type baggies and countless pounds of potting medium!
    And it has all been fun for the most part except worrying about whether or not someone will like their box, I have concerns about Tammmy, Heather and Elizabeth, hmmm where is that girl? LOL.

Anyway when you get your box I would really apprecite it if you can let me know you have it.
    I ended up with a boat load of:
    Concord Grape Spiderwort
    Purple Irises
    and something else I can't think of at the moment
    SOOOOOO I decided I will line my drive with the spiderwort! I think that will look way cool!!!!

Ok well, I came in for a quick break I want to get these boxes finished today they have been yelling at me long enough......

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Oh fran... not worry... I will love whatever you send! I love plants LOL and even if I have some I am sure I could alway use another LOL....

I just made a whole bed just for this swap! I am so excited and I will post photos once I have all the stuff in the ground. I am calling this one my Fran bed. hehehe

Anyway I will let you know as soon as it arrives.

Tammy:-)

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Aaaaaaah I GOT my BOX!

I told you not to worry Fran.

I love everything in it. A lot of them look really droopy so i am going to pot those ones and keep in the GH until they start purking up.

Most Favorites you sent were the Clematises and the daisys.

thanks so much for all your hard work and I Love them all!

Tammy

• divahethr
    14 years ago

Hey Miss Fran, I received my box and I don't know why you were so worried. I really love my plants and alot of the plants had new root growth like a few days old. And you filled some of my requests from my GW list WOW thank you so much. Awesome Woman!!! I potted everything tonight and God smiled down and started the rain. You really outdid yourself with this swap I hope that you were able to get things FOR YOU. Again I can't think you enough!!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OH THANK GOODNESS HEATHER, I was so worried you would be disappointed. Yes, I looked at everyone's page and tried my best to send them things from it as well as what came in from the swap.
    I know I sent you a lot from my stash lol.
    Did you like the little palm? I hope so hehe. I thought it was so cute.

• divahethr
    14 years ago

yes!! I love the sago!!! It touched me because I knew that was prolly yours =)

• victorian_bellefonte
    14 years ago

Hi All!

Fran, I am so sorry to have been MIA, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my box! I can tell you worked hard on it, and I am so happy to have things from your garden, too! You really went over the top!!! The beautiful huecheras were such a nice suprise, along with the countless wonderful other plants!

I've got everything potted up sitting in the veggie garden so I can make sure all are 100% before I plant them out in the yard.

Fran, YOU ROCK! :)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am so glad you liked your box. I hope all the plants do very well for you.

Can ya'll believe I STILL haven't gotten mine planted? Well not ALL of them anyway, some are a lot still aren't...SO BAD!

I am working on it though really I am...slow going. LOL
    I was more concerned with getting all the plants/boxes back out to everyone.

I am worried about some of the plants, those that look the worse in everyone's boxes were the ones that I TRIED to keep babied but I have found some of the ones that came in were extra touchy plants like: Alstroemeria psittacina and Sweet Woodruff those were not happy upon arrival and I am feared the Alstroemeria isn't going to recover and it is SOOOO pretty.
    There were a few that were just temperamental but all in all they mostly came out well. I had fun with it and I am sure I am going to do it again in the fall with a few minor changes like maybe staggering the shipments so I can fix the places to survive as soon as I get them!
    I didn't know some of the plants that were sent in were so touchy or I would have fixed them as soon as they came in BUT I have never grown some of them and I didn't know BUT I do now and I will try to make sure NOTHING in lost on the next one, all in all though I do think everyone got something they were really really hoping for at least I hope so!

It has been a very enjoyable swap even though it was very time consuming for me the plants I got in return as so very worth it! I do hope everyone feels the same as I do, about this and does want to do it again in the fall!

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Fran, I just had to tell ya, the Daylily 'Happy Returns' bloomed today! It is still potted up, but I just thought it was fitting for this swap, that it welcomed me with it's bloom first! I don't remember right at the moment who sent this in or if it was one of yours, Fran, but it's a keeper!!

Karen

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Karen,
    It was Toni who sent it in and yes I think that is most fitting LOL.
    I am so glad it bloomed for you! I have one and it is budding lol.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok Tammy, NOW you have me worried. I haven't heard if you have gotten your box or not or if you liked it a little or TOTALLY hated it....

PLEASE let me know if you have gotten it. I am worried...

Kym received her box today and she loved it! She was very super happy....I am sure she will get a chance sometime to post that LOL.

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Oh Fran.. You missed my post above.... LOL

Here it is again.......

Posted by greenthumbgrow 7 - MD (My Page) on Wed, Jun 17, 09 at 18:03

Aaaaaaah I GOT my BOX!
    I told you not to worry Fran.

I love everything in it. A lot of them look really droopy so i am going to pot those ones and keep in the GH until they start purking up.

Most Favorites you sent were the Clematises and the daisys.

thanks so much for all your hard work and I Love them all!

Tammy

Anyway see I told you you worry too much.

I loved my box and I already got most everything planted except the ones that needed a lot of TLC they are in the GH so i can baby them. And great news most everything in there has perked right up and will probably have new growth in another week or two.

Yeah

Tammy;-)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You're right Tammy I TOTALLY missed it LOL. THANKS for clearing that up for me hehe.

I am glad everyone seems to be happy with their boxes. I finally have all mine pretty much planted now, except for a few things that I keep missing because I am doing something else BUT I plan to get to them tonight or first thing in the AM. I have so many things going on it is hard to keep everything straigth.
    I will be glad when my beds are done and everything will be in a happy new home here I hope anyway! I can't wait to see them start growing in their new homes! I hope everyone who was in this swap will take some pics of their stuff and post later on when it starts growing well.
    I too have some stuff that needs to be babied, I put those in pots and water them well as needed. I sure hope everything perks back up and beings to thrive before it starts getting cold again, MAYBE I will be lucky enough to get a greenhouse of some sort going BEFORE winter this year. FINGERS AND TOES are crossed!!!! You can bet on that.

Ok well, I am glad you all let me know you received the boxes, if you think you would be interested in a fall swap let me know when you think it should be posted for the best possible time for your area!

• flwrs4ever
    14 years ago

ok YES I did get my box, and it was awesome !! I need to thank you all for the great selection of plants you sent in to share.

piksi...I JUST LOVE YOU !!! WHAT a nice surprise !! It means so much to me that you would send one of my most wanted plants for me...I will always think of your kindness as i watch it grow.

Thanks Fanna for working hours and hours on this swap...and i know you did all you could to keep those plants happy.

Thanks again to you all !

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

You know you can count me in the fall one... Im addicted. LOL

So that already makes two players.

Tammy

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21