Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

update: mnf july swap: letting freedom ring (part 2, 2nd try)

dan_the_mailman
12 years ago

Having some trouble posting the 2nd thread, so I'll try it again. Here's a copy of the first post with all the rules...

First, the usual rules:

You must be at least 18, a trader in good standing, and wish to have a fun time.

Secondly, dates to remember:

July 8th: Last Day to Sign-Up

July 9-10: Choosing of Partners by Players

July 18: Send by day, NO EXCEPTIONS

What You'll Be Sending:

At least 5 different types of perennials

1 item that'll make noise in the garden, possibly bells or windchimes. Get creative.

One issue of your local newspaper.

NO cuttings (they tend to not travel well in the heat)

Seeds are optional, but don't count towards your 5 perennials

General stuff: This group is about making new friends, and as an old member I can vouch for the group. I've made some great lifetime friends by participating in these swaps, and want to encourage any and all who'd like to participate to join in!

The idea behind the newspaper is that it would be great to see what is happening locally for the person who sent you your box.

The idea behind the 5 types of perennials is that it's always nice to share our gardens with someone who will appreciate it. (Remember, send multiple plants if possible of each type so they can be established in their new home.)

One of our basic freedoms which we all enjoy is the Freedom of Speech. So, this time around, I'm going to do more than just encourage you all to talk...lol! After all, the more we each talk on these threads, the better everyone gets to know us, right?

When you decide to sign up for this swap, I'd like you to each e-mail me with your address AND a list of the plants you'll be putting in your box. It doesn't have to be a final list, just a few names of some of the plants you'll be sending will do.

Then post, talk on the thread, post some more, and when you've run out of things to say, get creative and talk some more!

On the morning of July 9th, I will post a list of the boxes and their contents, but not who is sending them. Sort of like the old lunchbox social idea. I will also post a list of everyone playing, in the order they get to choose from the boxes which are available. And how will I be deciding that order, you ask? Lol, this is where your posting is going to help you. The more you talk/post on this thread (and any further ones if need be), the sooner you get to choose which box you want sent to you! The gabbiest person gets first choice, the second gabbiest gets to choose second, and so on until all the boxes have been chosen. If there is a tie, say 3 people have 9 posts each, then it'll come down to the order in which they joined this swap.

So, join the swap, take a walk through your garden and decide what you'd like to include in the box you send, send me that e-mail by the night of July 8th, and GET TALKING!!! (if there needs to be any judgement calls about number of postings versus length of postings, Bump and Stella will be called upon as judges. And since I have to live with them, their decisions will be final.)

HAPPY JULY!!!

-Dan

Comment (1)