Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raggedyann161420

2nd Annual Bearded Iris Swap Sign up!

raggedyann161420
15 years ago

Welcome to the 2nd annual Bearded Iris Swap, I will take names until midnight, June 30th and will then post who will be sending to whom on July 1st or 2nd. The only rule is you must send 3 named bearded iris; these can be Border Bearded, Dwarf Bearded, Intermediate Bearded, Rebloomers or Tall Bearded. Mail date will be July 31st.

LIFE IS GOOD,

Annie

Comments (67)

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Please post when you receive your box.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• msbernard
    15 years ago

hi clarification only: msbernard is Sherry not Kay
    thanks

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Poisondartfrog (Alana) sends to Mareas (Marea)
    Mareas (Marea) sends to Skohler (Susie)
    Skohler (Susie) sends to blodeuwedd
    blodeuwedd sends to raggedyann161420 (Annie)
    raggedyann161420 (Annie) sends to poisondartfrog (Alana)
    dirtdivarocks (Cheryl) sends to Brittneysgran (Shirley)
    Brittenysgran (Shirley) sends to Kbugs405 (Kay)
    Kbugs405 (Kay) sends to Abbeyjosmom
    Abbeyjosmom sends to msbernard (Sherry)
    msbernard (Sherry) sends to divadirtrocks (Cheryl)

Sorry about that Sherry. I did this right before I was leaving for work last night. I will be home sometime this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I have paperwork up the you know what to get done.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• mareas
    15 years ago

I hope the paperwork went quick, Annie.
    Thanks already for a fun swap - I've never swapped with either my sender or my sendee before,
    so first off just reading their trade pages today was fun! LOL
    Will post when I send & receive my boxes, marea

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Marea, thank you. The paperwork is done, but I will drive home in the morning. Today we got rain, it is pouring down as I'm typing, and sure wish I could share with those that are in a drought.

I have to work Friday night - Monday morning then I'm off till the 27th. I'm not going much of anywhere but plan on doing some serious digging in the dirt.

I hope everyone has a good evening, and will chat more tomorrow.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• skohler
    15 years ago

blodeuwedd YOUR EMAIL IS BLOCKED SO YOU WILL HAVE TO EMAIL ME WITH YOUR HOME ADDY SO I KNOW WHERE TO SEND YOUR NEW PLANTS :))

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU BY THE WEEKEND PLEASE .

HAPPY GARDENING TO ALL
    SUSIE

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

blodeuwedd, I wanted to send you my address, but like Susie noted above, your e-mail is blocked. Please e-mail me so I can send you mine.

I'm home till Friday night, will work through till Monday morning at 9a.m. then I'm FREE, FREE, FREE. I need the time off more than you know.

We got around and 1 1/2 inches of rain again last night. Just what the gnats,skeeters, and slugs like.

Will post more later, and I hope everyone is staying cool. We are suppose to be in the 90's tomorrow.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Susie-Happy Birthday....Hope it was everything you wanted it to be. YOU ARE SPECIAL

Shirley

• abbeyjosmom
    15 years ago

I wanted to thank you for including me in your swap! I am so excited and get so much joy from giving to others, you have no idea how much! So this sort of thing is just perfect for me. Helping others and making others smile is food for the soul and we all need fed! God bless and thanks again!

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susie, happy belated Birthday! I will post more later.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• skohler
    15 years ago

ty for the birthday wishes :))) little cool this morning but going to go out & play in the dirt :))

HAPPY GARDENING
    SUSIE

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Abbeyjosmom you are most welcome.

If anyone has any questions you can always post here or e-mail me. I am not going to be home thru the week-end but come Monday morning I done working until the 27th except for 10 hours next monday; I'm taking some much needed time off. After that I'm on the road every other week.

blodeuwedd, please e-mail Susie and/or myself.

I'm going out, I've sprayed myself with Listerine, and I guess I will find out if the flies, gnats, and skeeters leave me alone.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• kbugs405
    15 years ago

thanks for including me in your swap, I love to trade and have a vast collection of TB iris and daylillies, along with my african violets. I have sent an email to my swapping partner for her address. Definitely looking forward to this!!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: kbugsviolets

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Marea's package is on it's way! The confirmation numbers are 9101805213683144276940.
    Marea-I hope you like them!
    Alana

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Alana, wow, you are fast. I will be mailing out your package maybe sometime this week or first part of next week. I'm on vacation, drove home with one of those ice cream buckets yesterday. I'm happy as I've not had to use it today, maybe by tomorrow I will feel more like being outside.

I hope everyone is staying cool.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• skohler
    15 years ago

Going to try to get my partners box out to her this week yet maybe today If I can get off here :))

Happy gardening
    susie

• mareas
    15 years ago

AWESOME ALANA gets the First Box Award !!
    I received my SUPER swap in today's mail ~ SEVEN IRIS!!
    She sent me a whole collection:
    Galactic Warrior (3 of these & I'm wildly happy about that!)
    Superstition
    Zebra Night
    Alien Mist
    Cover Page
    Everyone of them are Iris I would buy in an eyeblink, but because of your generosity I don't have to. Thanks a MILLION, Alana.

Susie, time to start getting excited *grin* Your box is going out tomorrow - will post confirmation number then.
    Marea

• skohler
    15 years ago

MAREA :) READY & WAITING I just hope it cools off here soon :) today is very very HOT & HUMID BEEN THINKing about GOING OUT TO THE DUCK POND :))) NOT Much room left with the 6 of them in there :)) .
    & I Hope after all your new Irises are grown we can share again WOW nice irises :) .

BLODEUWEBBS: Summer your box is on the way
    conf # 0306-1070-0001-0517-8144 :)

happy gardening all
    susie

• mareas
    15 years ago

Box on the way Susie!
    delivery confirmation number 0103 8555 7493 6511 9079
    ~ marea

• abbeyjosmom
    15 years ago

Msbernard (Sherry), Just wanted to post on here because I am not sure if my emails are making it through or not. I need your email address so that I can send your package out. Thanks so much and God bless!!!

• skohler
    15 years ago

OK WILL BE ON THE LOOKOUT :))

THANK YOU MUCH :)
    SUSIE

• skohler
    15 years ago

Marea Thank you for sharing your very special Irises with me I know they will be special for annie says you are special :) Guess thats why she chose you for my partner :) .

Marea sent me her own favorites thank you very much .
    we are getting a nice rain & as soon as it stops for a few mins I have just the right spot for them :))
    Sambuca Rosa Tb
    Chasing Rainbows
    Starship Enterprise
    Copyright
    Galactic Warrior
    Stop The Music
    Imperial Magic Iris
    Chitose Himme Iris

Red Hardy Glads

looks as i might have to wait till morning to plant them
    rain is here to stay awhile :))
    Annie : Thank you for a nice swap .

susie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susie, nice box from Marea! I'm glad both of you participated in my swap.

Alana, I will be mailing yours no later than Tuesday, and I will post the confirmation # when I do.

We had some showers this morining, now it is hot and humid.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• skohler
    15 years ago

I see my box of Irises was delivered Hope all is well
    susie

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 1070 0001 0517 8144

Your item was delivered at 11:37 AM on July 18, 2008 in CHESWICK, PA 15024.

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susie, maybe she does not have access to a computer at home. I will e-mail her and see if she responds.

It is going to be a hot one again today, and I hope everyone is staying cool.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susie, I've not received a reply, maybe I will later.

Sis called me from a friends house and said that the fierce storm that passed through Iowa/Illinois hit hard and fast. She has a hole in her roof from the big tree on the side of the house and is without power. She said again, she was so afraid as a tornado went through last year in June.

I hope anyone else that got hit by this storm are safe.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Alana, Your box is packed, and I will mail it on my way when I go to help sis out tomorrow. I will try and get on a computer somewhere when I get there. The delivery confirmation # will be 0307 0020 0000 3240 0728, and I hope you like what I selected for you.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• mareas
    15 years ago

Susie, I'm so GLAD the box arrived & you like everything ~ happy planting!
    Thanks again to you, Annie, for hosting my favorite swap!
    marea

• skohler
    15 years ago

marea
    Yes they are all very happy in their new home & as soon as i get caught up on things I will take a pic of them :)
    I would love to share with you one day :) if I have someting you do not already have PLEASE let me know .
    :)
    susie

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Wow! Thank you Annie!
    I received my box today. My iris collection grew by leaps and bounds when I opened the box.
    Here is what I received:
    Thornbird, my favorite-I can take that one off my want list now!
    Night Ruler
    John Hoehner
    Avenelle
    Harvest of Memories
    Dappled Pony
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Spartan
    Thanks again to Annie and everyone who joined.
    I am already looking forward to next years swap!
    Alana

• dirtdiva
    15 years ago

Hi Shirley,
    I sent you an email a few weeks back asking for your address and didn't hear back. Perhaps I didn't receive your response. Well, I just sent you another email. I would like to mail my package to you early this week.
    Cheryl (dirtdivarocks)

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Cheryl-I don't get e-mails through GW..sorry did not receive. Please e-mail me at shirleyspeed@zickgraf.com and I should get it. I will also try to send it to you through your posted e-mail.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

kbugs-Hope I don't duplicate anything you already have but see none listed on your trade page. I'm e-mailing for your address..your box will be mailed tomorrow.

Shirley

• dirtdiva
    15 years ago

Shirley,
    Your package is on it's way. Confirmation # 0307 1790 0000 8392 7990.
    Cheryl

• blodeuwedd
    15 years ago

Sorry, my internet has been weird lately.

I did receive my box! Thank you so much! I can't wait to see what they look like next year.

Annie, your box is on the way!

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Cheryl-I received my box today....THANK YOU SO MUCH....I can't wait to add these beautiful additions to my gardens.
    You did great not having alot that could be divided yet. Sure glad all these were ready. What a nice surprise finding a daylily in ny box.

Cheryl sent:
    Southwest Sandy Pink-Two of these
    Braggadocio
    Summer Tsunami
    Margarita
    Daylily Helen Shooter

These were on my want list. Annie thanks to you also for arranging this fun swap. I want to sign up now for next year. LOL

Shirley

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello Ladies,

I've made it back home, and I think I've picked up enough logs, twigs, brances and debris that will last me a lifetime. Now the contractors need to start on the the new roof and take down three more trees.

I'm so glad everyone had a good time with this swap, and
    I will make a list of who sent and recieved tomorrow. There is still plenty of time as the mail date is August 15.

I think I am going to call it a nite,
    LIFE IS GOOD,

Annie

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

kbug hasn't posted that she received her box...sure hope she has.

Shirley

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Summer/blodeuwedd I received your box of iris today and thank you.
    In the box was:
    WABASH- 5-6 of them. I don't have this beauty so thank you so much.
    IMMORTALITY
    RARE TREAT

I think below is correct, but please let me know if it is not.

Poisondartfrog/Alana has sent and received.
    Marea/Marea has sent and received.
    Skohler/Susie has send and received.
    Blodeuwedd/Summer has sent and received.
    Raggedyann/Annie has sent and received.
    Brittenysgan/Shirley has received, and has sent, but partner has not posted.
    Kbugs405 was mailed but has not yet posted.Please post Kay.
    abbeyjosmom ?
    Divadirtrocks- sent
    Msbernard ?

Again, please post if you have received and again when you send. Mail date is the 15th of August,so we still have time. But please do post when you send and receive.

It is so hot and humid out that I didn't get much weeding done today.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• kbugs405
    15 years ago

Just got my box today from Shirley!!!! Wonderful selection, thank you so much. I also sent out to abbyjoesmom today as well, she should have hers on Monday.

I received from Shirley:

Apollo One
    Vibrations
    Carolina Gold
    Ringo
    Root Beer
    Season Ticket
    Celebration
    Jessies Song
    Serenity Prayer
    Corn Harvest

Again thank you for including me in your swap and I look forward to the next one!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: kbugsviolets

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm just bumping this up, and I hope everyone is staying cool!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I think the only three we have left to check in are:
    abbeyjosmom ?
    Divadirtrocks- sent
    Msbernard ?

Please let me know as I would hate for anyone that has sent not to received a package. I can help out if something has come up.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• dirtdiva
    15 years ago

Hi Annie,
    I did hear from Sherry two weeks ago and sent her my address. The send date isn't until the 15th so there is still plenty of time....but, I have to tell you I feel like a kid waiting for Santa to come!! I sent Sherry an email and asked when she expects to send because I will be out of town a few days next week. This way if the time overlaps I can have my neighbor friend take care of the package:)
    Cheryl

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm checking in again and was hoping those that mailed or received their packages had posted. Don't be afraid to let me know if you have sent but have not received as I will make sure you get a box.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• abbeyjosmom
    15 years ago

Hello again everyone! Soooooo sorry that it has taken so long to post and send my swap! My computer monitor died, the washing machine broke, and the expensive and hard to replace tension spring on my garage door broke as well! Not to mention 2 of my best friends in life just both split from thier husbands due to very sad and unfortunate reasons. And then received word that another dear friend has stage 3 bone cancer and is suddenly taking very serious radiation! Oh..... and sadly my 18 year old son who we have been having problems with has been living on his own for a few months and now has went from 2 jobs to none, he's down to 113 pounds, took up smoking among other things, is being evicted, stuck me with a car to pay for since it is in my name and has not been making payments for 2 months unannounced to me, and now it has been brought to my attention he married the girl he's been living with who coincidently enables him to be just how he is being. And I was not supposed to know about the marriage. Life has been very trying lately! So if any of you have the time and think of it please drop a prayer to the Good Lord on my behalf.

Kay -aka- kbugs405- sent me a great box with quite a few different iris I have been wanting but I don't have the list with me as I am not at all organized with everything going on. But I assure you it was a wonderful box of iris and I loved them so much! Thank you so much Kay!

I sent out Sherry's -msbernard's- box on Friday the 15th. The confirmation number is 0307 1790 0004 7471 2259 . Sorry it was sent right on the last day but, well, life has been hectic for me to say the least. It is on the way and I do apologize dearly for my lateness! God bless!

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Abbeyjosmom, sorry to hear about your streak of bad luck, I hope in the days to come it gets better for you. Thanks for posting.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

According to track and confirm here is what it states
    Label/Receipt Number: 0307 1790 0004 7471 2259

Your item was delivered at 9:18 AM on August 18, 2008 in PRINEVILLE, OR 97754.

Divadirtrocks, please send me your address so I can mail out an iris package. I'm sending you an e-mail.

Sherry I hope you are well, just worried that you have not responded.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Divadirtrocks, here is the confirmation# for your package.
    0307 0020 0000 3240 0759 It will be mailed either today or tomorrow morning.

Again, thanks for participating.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• dirtdiva
    15 years ago

Thanks Annie! Your box arrived today. I got Celebration Song, Stop the Music, Fresno Calypso, Jean Marie, Alice Goodman, Heart Break Hotel, Champagne Elegance, and Time Traveler. I am overwhelmed!

• dirtdiva
    15 years ago

Well, I just received my box today. I was late but Sherry had some unfortunate circumstances. This was a flat rate box stuffed with so many iris and Allium Globe Master, too!!
    Sherry sent:
    Haunt Les Voiles
    Purple Streaker
    Obsidian
    Brazilian Holiday
    Poem of Ecstacy
    Jennifer Rebecca
    Yaquina Blue
    Stairway to Heaven
    Jurassic Park
    Edith Wolford
    City Lights
    and also 3 huge allium globe master bulbs
    Many of the iris fans were in groups of 2 and 3.
    I will be very busy this week getting them into the ground and finding places for all of these beauties. I thank you Sherry, and I hope all is well with you and your family.
    Annie, thank you for this swap. I am one lucky duck.