vela75
16 years ago

Part four!

Be back later!

Comments (150)

• laurieanngarris
    16 years ago

Seraki...

I am so glad that you got your box today. I kept checking on USPS and there was no updated information. I even called them today to make sure that they had it!

Laurie

• laurieanngarris
    16 years ago

Yay! I got my box today too! I am going through it as we speak.

There are some cool vitamins, which I need to take. Do they leave a nasty taste?

There are some nice gardening gloves which I need badly.

And some assorted caladiums. I was just talking about planting some today! These are neat colors, the striped and pink ones. I love them!

Oh yay!!!! Rain lilies!!!! Pink ones. I just love those!!! (they are also called Fairy lilies... big smile)

And some irises. Thank you...and they look fine. They made it ok!

Several packets of seeds...including Sweet Autumn Clematis! Those are so pretty!

A cute little gift bag....but what's inside....? Let's see....Aww....a fairy riding a unicorn figurine!!! Does Shady know me or what?

There are some hens and chicks. Those are so cute. I have been thinking about buying one, but now I do not have to.

There are some gladiolus...my favorite...hopefully this one will live.

The most awesome thing in this box so far is a weeping cherry tree. I have been wanting one of those soooo bad! They are soooo pretty! Thank you!!!!

There is also some hosta. I do not have any hosta...this will be my first attempt at this one. Hopefully I can keep it alive. I have seen them at the stores and I love them. I have a perfect place for them.

So, that is what I got girls. Awesome huh? And let me mention, Shady does an awesome job at packing things. Each item was it its own idividual bag with a twist tie wrapped around it so nothing would get damaged.

Great job Shady! I love everything!!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Medont: I heard from Cleve in Arkansas and he is checking his stock and will email me to let me know what he has to send. I'll keep you posted. I'm not a fan of raspberries, if you can believe it! LOL. Go Fish! LOL! Check my wish list and see if you have anything on it. If you don't do not worry, I will still send you some! Thanks Tracy

Melissa: Rhubarb Pie, Peach Cobbler, Strawberry Shortcake, Apple Cake, etc, etc, etc, Throw ice cream on top and I'm like a pig in mud!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ok, Glads are DEFINATELY on my list for next year. :O) Those are just SO pretty!!

Looks as though nearly everyone has their box now? Are we just missing one? Or 2?
    This has been so much fun! I have enjoyed this very much!

Thanks to Vela----the Hostess with the Mostess!!!!

I hope we all have as much fun in the next one!!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

I'm so glad that I had the chance to meet you ladies!Can't wait till the next one.Thanks for all the laughs.

• laurieanngarris
    16 years ago

Ok...here's a story for you girls. I went outside to plant my new plants. I went to come back inside and Kairo (my kitty) locked the sliding glass door. Of course I did not have my keys on me because I do not normally take them in the backyard with me. So I had to call my boyfriend and interrupt his golf so he could come and rescue me. In the meantime, I got eaten up by mosquitos. Dang cats!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

oh my laurie!! i always cary my keys now, talla locks me out, and then emptys the fridge, and then gets into anything she thinks is candy or something good!! LOL and tracey i actually do have something you want, but i also want your want list!! diene, can i have your or trade you something for some of your bleeding heart plants?? please. and seraki, i can't get through to your email, it comes back. i so want some of them seeds!! pretty please!! :')) where are you mel?? you havven't emailed me all day!! :'((
    i just seen in blooms and birds a pretty flower, it was a rosa balsa, i had them seeds, and gave them all away!! now i want some back!! boo hoo!! LOL now thanks to hazelnut i have been so hungry for cinnamon rolls!! i think i gained 5 lbs just thinking about it!! LOL i gotto go creek hunting to get me a couple of elderberry trees, they smell good too ya know.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Poor Laurie!!! I've been there....and climbed through a bathroom window!!
    Although...I must say, I didn't have a laughing kitty on the other side to greet me!!

• shadymeadow
    16 years ago

I'm so glad you liked your box and that everything made it OK. As soon as I get some batteries for my camera, I'll try to get a picture of the weeping cherry. It's real cute and in the spring is covered in white blossoms. The vitamins are from all food sources so, nope, no bad taste.

I'm so excited. One of the iris I shared with Laurie I received in the first "Make New Friends" swap and it just bloomed!! Laurie, I mentioned in your note that I didn't know whether the iris I sent you was purple or yellow. The one that just bloomed for me looks like a siberian iris??? Very pretty (I'll post a picture soon), and is purple with some yellow. I thought the lady who shared them with me was saying there were two different colors of iris, but now I know now she meant the iris were purple and yellow.LOL

Oh my, your being locked out brings back memories. I know just how you felt. It is such a helpless feeling not being able to get back in the house. When we were living in Dallas a number of years ago, I walked out the door onto our deck between the bedroom and the room over the garage and locked the door....thinking I would get what I needed in the room over the garage then go down the stairs through the garage and back into the house through the downstairs door that was unlocked. But, what I didn't know until too late, was that the door to the room over the garage was locked. There I was out on the upstairs deck, no phone, no way to contact anyone and my husband wasn't due home until late that afternoon and it was all ready getting hot.

After a short while (which seemed much longer than it was) a car pulled up in front of my house and a man got out and started over to my neighbor's house. Now mind you, the deck was upstairs and all I could see was the man's legs because the tree tops blocked my view and the man could not see me either. I felt like a fool, but I knew this was my only chance to get rescued....so I started yelling for this man to help me. He couldn't tell where the voice was coming from....and I had to yell, "I'm up here on the deck, behind the trees." It's definately one of those stories that is funny after the fact, but not at the time it's happening!

Looking forward to the next swap. I haven't posted much this time around...a lot has been going on lately, but I've had a lot of fun reading all the posts. This has been a great group!

Sandy

• laurieanngarris
    16 years ago

Wow....now I can't wait for mine to bloom! My grandmother had irises and they remind me of her. All of the plants you sent me are now in pots. They will go in the ground as soon as it stops raining. I can't thank you enough for the wonderful items you sent me.

Oh! And Kairo loves the unicorn/fairy. I had it sitting on the table and he picked it up and ran off with it. I had to catch him and take it away.

Ugh...it is a totally helpless feeling. And then he just sat there meowing at me like "why aren't you inside playing with me?" The little monkey. He's now running around this house like a bat out of H-E-Double Hockey sticks. He keeps me entertained that's for sure. But...that is what Bengals do. I just didn't know 100% what I was in for when I got him.

Laurie

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

Wow have you all been busy, while i have been down sick..I have to readd everyones posts to just fine out what everyone is doing.

Vic-Just remember I want only 1 plant not 20 so anything over 10 bucks is on you...LOL

Diene--Everyone talking about ages you and I must be like Granma Moses to them. 52 here.

Hazelnut--I am in on another swap.

Dirt--Everything you sent to me has been planted and is doing well.

Everyones pictures are really awesome.
    I may have some tomorrow, my Nicotiana Shoofly is beginning to bloom, maybe I can get a pic .
    I planted some Oxblood lily's yesterday.
    Hope all is fine with everyone.
    Melanie

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Wow, Sandy....you definatly win the "locked myself out of the house with no way in and had to make a complete fool out of myself to save myself" award.

Now....would you like the medal or a chest to pin it on?
    (another one of my dad's favorites...)

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Michelle's (Medontdo) box arrived! Michelle sent some new garden tools which were really needed! I just broke my little shovel! I also used the claw in the garden today to soften up some soil so I could plant some basil. I'll use the pruners tomorrow. I have some Jackson & Perkins hedge roses that need to be pruned. Love pruning those prickly huge hedges, LOL!
    Seeds sent-
    Protea
    Basil
    Cats claw
    Spanish Flag
    Morning glories/chex mix

I have to look up the protea and spanish flag... I have no idea what these look like.

Plus some plants-
    Spring Rose
    Spider baby
    Honeysuckle
    Raspberry bush

The honey suckle and raspberry bush lost all the leaves (both are sticks). How can I tell which is which? The stems look green still, so I'll plant them tomorrow. But sort of need to know what they are so I know where to plant each. The raspberry bush will go in the back yard, honeysuckle on the side of the house. Thanks Michelle for a really nice box! The baby spider is already planted and doing well! I would of planted the plants today, but severe storms came really unexpected and we had a flash flood. It turned so dark (as dark as night) I thought for sure the tornado sirens were going to go off at any minute, but everything just blew over. It only rained for a few minutes.

Deb

Almost forgot...Gardenia shower jel (which smells great)!

• shadymeadow
    16 years ago

You are very welcome, Laurie. Kairo is such a beautiful cat and I bet he has quite the personality. I'm glad he liked the unicorn/fairy. We used to have a cat that would carry things around the house. My daughter had a cat stuffed animal and he used to steal it from her room and carry it downstairs.

Hazelnutbunny: Think I'll choose the medal.LOL After the incident was over, I had to laugh at what the guy must have thought about this ditzy female stuck up on the deck looking down at him.LOL

Sleep well everyone,
    Sandy

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

COOL MySpace Comments Hope you are feeling better Melanie.Glad plants are doing ok.

Talking of cats ,we had one that liked to steal the brillo pad off the sink at night.He wasn't supposed to be on the counters,we always got him with watergun when he tried.So he waited until we were in bed to get up there.The next monrning it would be by our bedroom door all pulled apart. That had to taste bad with all that soap that is in them.YUMM!You would think it would hurt his mouth too.But unless I put it under sink when done with it ,that was its fate. LOL!!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Oh My Goodness...this week is going SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow!!!
    It's only Thursday??? Oh, Come ON!!!!!

Plus it's been raining all week....Flash floods everywhere..flowers are drowning...KIDS CANT GO OUTSIDE!!!! The bunny is going BONKERS!!!!!

I can't WAIT until tomorrow morning....hubby is taking the kids to the DENTIST!!! YAY!! Free time for mommy to do the grocery shopping!! With only the baby!! Wheeeeeeeee!!!!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i'm so glad you liked it! the one that's smaller would be the honeysuckle. sorry!! :'( talla, my 5yr old loves helping out with that stuff, so did you like them circular thingies?? i'm kinda thinking about getting some, for hanging stuff on my porch, i did send them didn't i??

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Medo- Thanks for help with the poppies...I do think, though, that I'm just gonna give up trying to grow them myself and just admire everyone else's.
    I admit defeat.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Melanie~~ You won't believe this..it's so wild! I was nibbling on my chocolate mint again (I can't help it!) and noticed a tiny green something in the corner of the pot...and it's a chocolate mint baby!!! I was like....NO WAY!!! It's only been potted for like..what..a week?
    It's about an inch tall! I guess it came off of the roots?? There's no mistaking..that's what it is. And upon closer inspection...there are actually little babies all around the base of the plant!
    How cool is that??

Now...next year, when I am completely taken over by mint...please remind me of this moment....

:O)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Welcome back Melanie. I hope you're feeling better. How is the healing coming along? My 17 year old went to the beach yesterday. Left at 7:30 and didn't come home until after 4. He got such a bad sunburn I wanted to kill him. I couldnt't believe he didn't use sunblock (yes, I can, he's 17). Sigh. Thank goodness I have a large supply of Aloe Gel!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Lantana

My Brown eyed Susan Vine I got on Sat.

My wild son who will be 4 on the 8th.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ooohhh....DIRT! I LOVE that brown eyed susan vine!!! When you mentioned it before, for some reason I was expecting something a little more "wild" looking....But that is GORGEOUS!!!!

• shadymeadow
    16 years ago

My box arrived!! Thank you so much for everything. The plants are in water soaking.

Seraki sent:

Easter Lily bulbs (have never tried before)
    2 Indoor succulents (looks like maybe hen & chicks??)
    White vinca
    Purple vinca (love these - we had them in Texas)
    Purple Lantana (have been wanting these)
    Succulent ground cover (will be great for my succulent container garden)

Thanks again...
    Sandy

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I can't keep up with you guys but it sounds like everyone is keeping busy with fun summer activities.
    Remember the bird's nest in a hanging basket I posted a picture of a couple of weeks ago? Here is an updated photo:

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Okay..I have a funny story for you guys...One that I was, until now, too embarrassed to tell.
    Early this spring, I planted some greens for fresh salads this summer. First time EVER I had tried this.
    Well, a few days after I had sown the seeds, I started noticing sprouts. Naturally, being the good gardener I am, I thinned and weeded and nurtured my baby greens.... Until I FINALLY had enough to make my hubby a salad!
    YAY!
    BUT......after a forkful or two of salad, hubby says to me..."What kind of green is this? It's really pungent!" I'm like.."well, that's the spinach. It's the only kind I planted that has done well".
    Hmmmmmm.......so I showed him the greens in the garden, and where I planted everything....He started laughing..and I couldn't figure out why.....!

Well....long story short....the "weeds" I had been pulling turned out to be SPINACH, the "spinach" I thought I had served my hubby was really BASIL...and I had NO GREENS for salad..because I had planted PARSLEY instead!!!!!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Hazelnut:LOL!That's funny.Put in once we were all newbies into the search box.Things worse than that happens..... It's pretty entertaining to read. Will surely make you smile. I'm gonna put in hobbit feet. Was told that's a good thread too.

• vela75
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello all! To save myself from having to read all the posts on four different threads...I have been trying to keep track of who has received their boxes. I think everyone has received them except Diene, Medontdo, and Poisondartfrog, unless I have missed something. Please let me know if I've missed something. Thanks!

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Vela;
    I sent Poison her box and she posted receipt quite a while ago, I think. Let me know if I am wrong Poison. diene

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

Thank you all for warm welcome. Healing is coming along good, but I am still sore. And still look awful..LOL Never will do that again.
    I love the baby birds.

Hazelnut-love the story. In the summer I like freah tomato sandwiches with fresh basil cut up on them..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Try it they are good.

I have several new things blooming, but we have been having bad storms and I have not been taking pics. Hope to get some soon.
    Melanie

• Vic Billings, MT
    16 years ago

Ok Medo, I mailed your box on Tues, I still can't get any info on the usps site for the tracking! I hope you get it tomorrow! Also, mentioned to the hubby about the castor beans, he had a FIT! Being that they are poisonous and all. I didn't think they would be that bad since they make castor oil out of them. I did some checking, guess you guys are right. I thought they were a "bean" you were talking about, and I was going to just put them in the mole tunnels. I have to do something, my plants are suffering bad! I'm going to have to post some pics and show you guys. I'm thinking.....shotgun, sit outside in a lawnchair with a beer and a gun, wait for the ground to move, then shoot! LOL. I tried to get one with my pitch fork one day, he was too quick! Ok, so maybe that's getting a little too dratic! First stealing, now murder! This plant thing has really got a hold on me! LOL

• Vic Billings, MT
    16 years ago

Thanks! You just ruined my trip to the market! I was planning on getting all these pretty plants, and then "oops" not having a big enough box to mail them in!
    LOL! Hope you are feeling better!

YIPPIE!!!!!! I get to have some dirt delivered!!! Jamie feels so guilty that I'm home being the single parent and my favorite passtime (addiction) has become plant swapping, he told me to go ahead and get it so that all my "postage" does not die, and I have somewhere to plant it! I have a very addictive personality, I get it from my Mom! Hers is Vodka, so I think Jamie is happy I find other things, the latest being flowers!
    Vic

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I've heard of some people using juicy fruit gum! Just tearing a stick in half, still leaving the foil wrapper on, and dropping it down into the holes. I guess they can't digest the foil, and it kills them. :O( Mean, but effective.

Also planting Skunk Cabbage along the edges of your yard is supposed to work...They can't stand the smell.
    Hmmm...and then there is jalapeno pepper spray......

We had a RottenLab (half rottweiler, half black lab) that would dig the moles up....You should have seen our yard..OhMyGosh...PILES of dirt everywhere..and holes so big, my 3 year old could sit in them and be completely under ground!!!

OH! Did I tell you guys about the nest of baby SLUGS I found in my yard?!?! ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK!!!!!! They were eating my iris!!! AAHHH!!! There seriously were HUNDREDS of them! I had to call out my 10 year old son to help get rid of them!

YUCK!

I won't be eating rice or pasta for a LONG time!!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Vic: Would you like to borrow my oldest's paintball gun? That would do the trick. Add some color to the garden too! He has orange and pink paintballs. Might make up in color what you lost in plants if you miss much! He He!
    Tracy

• medontdo
    16 years ago

one of my fav foods, cottage cheese w diced onions, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, make that garden fresh tomatoes! the other is MY jalepeno bread with tomatoe's w lots and i mean lots of colby and monterey jack cheese and i like to get jalepeno slices and chop them up to make them look like relish, and put them on the bread slices. mmmm mmmm mmm!! that stuff is awesome!! and sometimes its really good with ranch dressing, but i only like the not kraft kind. hidden valley! got it!! LOL vic, them pods are supposed to be covered in a really poky thing, talla absolutly hates that kinda thing. my aunt said her cousin ate a castor bean and got sick, but they made her puke it up and she was alright, freaked me out when she was telling me about it, ya know. i put 4 of them up anyhow's. he can hate me later, but for now the moles are gone!! i'm happy and he helped me plant the beautifull plants i got in the mail from a great friend of mine!! tell me, when we all get older, does our hair just fall into everything?? i know mine does!! mel, hubby said he;s gonna kick your butt!! LOL (said w love) :')) he just threw out them maltese cross seeds, and they just grew! i hate that!! i just watch mine and very carefully sow them and only half of them grow, he just throws them out there and boom!! up they go!! SLAP!!! LOL yesterday my son went to his grandma's for a while, he was too much for me, apparently i'm a bad mom, and treat him badly! hmmmm, now, i if anything baby him, don't keep him to his groundings, let him get away with things, ugh!! and he was gonna run away, so i dragged that boy home by his ear, the whole 3 blocks (very small town) every stepp of the way hollering at him about how he was acting like all them other kids who don't listen and i'd had enough of it and couldn't take anymore of his crap, he was going to grandma's as soon as she could come and get him. LOL one of his buddy's brought his bike back, and wouldn't even look up. i'm not usually like that, but that day, that was it for me!!! and then today we found out we lost the rest of our grant, so now we are stuck with a deck and no front door, i totally hate that contractor who did this in the first place. took all that money and left me with nothing to speak of. and half finished jobs altogether. my deck isn't even all done, it's roof isn't even shingled. i know, something good is gonna come along, but ya know, on day's like this, ugh!!!! then i been feeling light headed and dizzy, what's that about, i can't get pg anymore, we took care of that!! LOL so it can't be that!! LOL not another hyper little stinker!! i don;t think i could handle that!! :')) and ya know, i been meaning to tell ya vela, i hope my glads are as pretty as yours are!! when they finally decide to show! we got 3 stalks out of 1 bulb. crazy!! LOL :')) well, gotto go to bed!! sleep tight everyone!!

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Yes, Vela and Diene. I got a super nice box of plants from Diene several days ago. It is easy to miss a post on this thread; they stack up fast.
    As to moles, I grow castor beans every year, but then, I don't have any small children around. I am not sure if that is what solved my mole problem, or if it was the summer that I tracked down their holes and flooded them with the water hose until they emerged and then flooded the hole they emerged from. I was a maniac and did that every day for a over a month.

• vela75
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Poison and Diene! I'm sorry I missed that! I'll mark that one off the list. :-)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

good morning everyone!! my son wants to come back home, hmmm apparantly i'm not such a bad mommy afterall, whats that all about?? do all 11 yr olds go thru that?? that just broke my heart in half!! well more than helf!! today is talla's birthday!! a whole 5 yrs old!! yay!! she'll probably grow another inch just because she can :')) LOL with all this slow soft rain, my plants are doing great!! i love it!! and,my basement is flooded again... that reeks!! but my plants are doing good!! LOL oh vic i hope today is my day!! i cannot wait!! LOLi've got like 40 more min till i can go check the mail! :')) and ya better believe i'm gonna be the first one there!! LOL i like it when it does this kinda rain thing, cuz it stays relatively cool!! LOL humid but cool. so my rings are still loose on my fingers!! LOL i am getting plumeria seeds afterall!! yay!! i found someone in cali who will trade with me, she's so nice! its nice to meet people who i have so much in common with!! LOL
    onto the moles!! and it's very hard to mow your lawn with them things around! your mower can get stuck! one day i was outside with talla looking for some of their good dirt, and i saw the earth moving, i called hubby at work, i was like, honey, the earth is moving right here, what am i supposed to do? well of course i made talla get back in the house, but her being like me, she didn't go to far, we are VERY curious!! so i got a great big long stick and stabbed at it, it stopped, after hubby said go in the house and leave it alone, AS IF!!! LOL i don't think i got it, but i did get the soil. it stayed out of my front yard after that!! LOL just tore the he** out of my back yard!! and thought he was making me all mad tearing up my dogwood tree roots, we cut them down a few years ago, and keep cutting off the offspring, pretty little things, but it fell on our house in the freeze one time, scared us!! but our house was fine! if our car wasn't there..... geesh! 28 min left!! LOL well, i hope everyone has a great day!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hazel: Do you hava a sandbox? Throw some sand in the flower bed and the slugs will leave it alone. They can't stand sliding over it. It's like walking on glass. I got so mad at the slugs I had here 2 years ago I would pick them up and flick them on the hot concrete path. Watched them fry in the sun. Gratifying after what they were doing to my plants. Grin!
    Tracy

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Remind me to never make any of you mad! We have some throwing slugs on hot pavement,some poking things with sticks,some trying to get them with a pitchfork & the list goes on.....Ever thought of going to the middle east? LOL! You guys could do some damage, just imagine the enemy as slugs,moles ,aphids,& Melanie's favorite tree rodent in your gardens.

• 1fullhouse
    16 years ago

Sorry about the email problems everyone! :-( I switched my website server and have been having problems but it should be resolved now! If you want any of the seeds, shoot me an email at ananda@1fullhouse.com

They usually pod late summer / fall, so I will hold on to your emails until then!

I'm going to have a very busy weekend. I'm working on potty training my youngest, so I'll be busy cleaning up accidents and taking him to the potty every 10 min! No more diapers though!!! WOO HOO!!!!! (With the 3 boys, I've been diapering for over 6 years straight)

It's just so darned hot here right now! It's supposed to be 112-114 through the weekend, and 117 on Monday! I swear I think I'm going to melt.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Sand? I haven't heard of that, thanks for the tip! I'll give that one a go!

I'm going to try to post for the new swap this evening, get the ball rolling a bit. (And I'm gonna be busy as all get out next week!!) :O)

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

Just waiting for new swap--Hazelnut---Make it a good one....
    Melanie

• vela75
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Warning to all those I talked into Gladiolus. They need stakes! It rained last night, and they're all laying on the ground :-(

• laurieanngarris
    16 years ago

Yeah, Walmart has a pack of 25 for like 2.00. They are the green bamboo kind.

• Vic Billings, MT
    16 years ago

OH NO! so sorry to hear about your glads! You have such pretty flowers! And your "Weeds" are adorable!
    Do glads have to be dug up in winter???
    Vic

• vela75
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the compliments on my weeds...I pick at them everyday, but they still grow :-)

In our zone, glads do have to be dug up each fall. This is my first year doing anything like that, but I really love them, and they'll be worth it.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

ok, my pkg came in, it's SO AWESOME!!!! i got gloves withe the rubber thingi on the bottom (yay) and they fit a little loose, so i have moving room!!
    plum trees
    lily of the valleys-white
    caladiums
    sweet williams
    gee i knew i'd forget,
    varigated hosta
    unkown plant but its a beauty
    black raspberry
    and if i forgot any, she could tell ya, oh my vic! thank you so very much!! i can't wait till them tree's get taller!! then them kids can play in them like i did when i was little, that would be so fun!! i loved them all!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! i planted yesterday in our slow soft rain we've been having for like 3 day's now. but my flower beds are filling up with water! i hope my seeds don't go down hill!!
    it says your supposed to dig them up, but i never knew that til later, but i live in zone 5 and mine came back and i don't mulch. YET!!! it's on my list of do's when my beds get their flowers how i want them. LOL yesterday i went creek digging and found a beautiful purplish looking flower almost like a monarda or something and monarchs were all over them, so i brought a few home, i love butterfly's!!i'm taking my gloves next time, i found some wild strawberry's, i love wild stuff!! hey hazel can't wait, you been yammerin on forever about this, so we've been sitting on pins and needles waiting now get on with it!! LOL na, i'm just feeling spunky for a bit today, LOL first time in a while, LOL i just found out we won't be losing out on the rest of our grant afterall!! we can use it in appliances and stuff. cool!! in 3 more years i'm gonna be very picky!! and not choose any fast talking contractor!! LOL i hope everyone has a great day!! and vela, don't worry!! you had them for a while!! and ya always have the pics!! LOL

• vela75
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, we are nearing our limit on this thread. Hopefully bunny won't mind if we hijack her thread to finish this one out should we run out of room before the last two boxes arrive.

• vela75
    Original Author
    16 years ago

One box to go!!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

hey, we get to go to town today!!! i hope to get some flowers!! my hubby bought me some banana seeds!! he's so sweet! i think he's gonna mess up! can't be because he's being nice! LOL