Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gmom2_6boys

July Charms Seeds And Stitches Exchange

gmom2-6boys
13 years ago

Here we go again for the month of July.

Anyone wanting in on this exchange just post by July 5. I will post partners on July 5th evening.

Post your name and how many you want to exchange with(1, 2, or 3) and the # of charns(5 or 10):

gmom-Sharon-10 Charms-3 people.

Charms need to be in the mail by July 24.

Sign-ups are now open.

Have a great evening!

Gmom

Comments (29)

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

gmom, I'm in! put me down for 10 charms for 3 people please!

peace.
    dan

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

I'm in! I'll do 10 for 3 as well. :D

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

I'll do 10 for two!!

• homegrownfun71
    13 years ago

What in the world is this? Courious!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

Wanted to ask everyone- I have some charms that aren't quite 5", they are closer to 4.5". But they come from a quilt that my Great-Grandma made, using fabric scraps. Some of the fabric has a date of 1847, but I"m not sure that's how old it is...I'm thinking it's a reproduction of a fabric from that year, but it's still no younger than 80 years old.
    Anyway....if anyone would want some of those in their charms from me, I'd be more than happy to share. But I wanted to check, because of the size.

• gmom2-6boys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi homegrown,

We are a group from the winter sowing that exchanged seeds for winter sowing. We wanted to keep in touch and Beth suggested to represent our gardening in quilt blocks. So for Feb.-April we exchanged blocks. May-July we are exchanging Charm squares, with some of the squares representing our gardening of flowers, fruit, veg, and so forth.
    We are just starting the July trade and you are welcome to join us.
    There ae few rules but if you want to read more about us you can go back to page 3 and read 'SPRING GARDEN' QUILT SQUARES????
    That should answer all your questions? If you have more, just ask someone will be sure to fill you in. We are a small group but mighty frendly.
    Hope you decide to join us.
    gmom

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

BUNNY!!! I would LOVE to have quilt blocks from your Great Grand ma!!.."jumping up and down"

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Hi Gmom and all,
    I'm out for this month as we will be on the road again.
    First to Iowa and them most likely to MO and Tennessee.
    Y'all have fun now.
    Beth

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

I'm gonna have to bow out this month. Today I was informed about some family stuff that's happening, and I'm gonna have to devote all my attention to that instead.
    Sorry.

Dan

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Hello! I haven't been doing any since I did the block exchange, but would love to do some if ok. I can do 10 for 2 people! And Melissa I would think anyone would LOVE to have your grandma's blocks!! Thanks, Melinda

• gmom2-6boys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello to everyone,
    Today is July 5th, the evening for our partners.
    I'm sorry Beth and Dan had to drop out. We will miss you both.
    I'm glad to have Ilovefarac join us.

hazelnutbunny will send to: gmom, linda, ilove
    lindaruzicka will send to; gmom, bunny
    ilovefarac will send to ; gmom, bunny
    gmom will send to: bunny, linda, ilove

Good Luck to us all, and I hope you like the charms you recieve. Remember to post when you send and when you recieve your charms.

Good Night All
    gmom

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

Okie dokie! I have most of my charms ready to go, and will have them out either today or tomorrow.
    Gmom, yours is the only addy I don't have. I know I used to, but darned if I don't know where I stashed it. :o)

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

I also need your addy please, gmom! I will try and get these out this week! Thanks, Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Hello! Gmom and Melissa, if either of you have a fav color or something you are working on and only want those colors, plmk. I will be working on mine this weekend and will mail Monday. Just let me know! Thanks, melinda

• gmom2-6boys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good day to you all !!

We are having great weather here for once. We never get hot weather. In the 10 years Iv'e lived here we finally have temps in the high 80's. I guess living across from the great lakes does keep your temps down. The tomatos are loving it, too.

Linda, Malinda ang Melissa your charms wen't out in the mail today. Watch for them next week.

Have a great evening all.
    gmom

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Want to say a big THANK YOU to Melissa for the wonderful blocks I rec'd in the mail today! Thanks so very much. I love them! Yours and gmom's will be mailed on Monday!
    Have a wonderful weekend all! Melinda

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

You're welcome, Melinda! I'm happy to share with you. :o)
    Linda & Sharon- yours will be in the mail this week. I ran out of stamps after mailing bills (I'm still using snail mail...gotta switch to online bill paying soon...ugh..).

I received some great charms from Sharon today! Thank you, Sharon!! Love them!

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

I received from lovely charms from Sharon! Yours and Bunny's will be in the mail tomorrow. I"m having a hard time choosing..LOL!

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

mine are gone!

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

Sharon & Linda~ Yours are finally on their way. Sorry to be so late!!

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Gmom-- So very sorry! I could have sworn I posted a thank you for the wonderful blocks! I can't find it-- So here's a great big THANK YOU!! I loved the colors and choices.
    Yours and Melissa's are going out in the morning for sure! They are packed and ready to roll. Thanks so much. Sorry I am running behind!
    Hugs, Melinda

• gmom2-6boys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've been charmed by Linda!!!
    Thank You so much. It's a very nice selection. I don't know why you had such a hard time picking them.

Who is going to host the next one? Anyone up for it?

Have a nice evening to you all.
    gmom

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

I haven't had a turn hosting, so I'll do August.

I'm happy you liked your charms, Sharon. I had cut up a bunch of material that I had odds and ends of and it was hard making a choice from all that....LOL!!

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

I was charmed by Linda! She sent some pretty pink charms, I love them! :o) Thanks, Linda!!!

• gmom2-6boys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've been charmed by bunny!!!!

Thank You these are great and they are going into my bag of old materials for a quilt someday. Why did you take the quilt apart? I wish I had things from my grandmothers.

Linda, I'm in for August. The hardest part of this whole thing is trying not to send anyone the same charms.

Everyone have a great day.
    gmom

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

I was charmed by Melinda! She sent some really great ones!
    All these charms are going to look so great together, I can't wait to get started!

Gmom~ I got my great-grandma's quilt back in 89, and till then it had been stuffed in a closet. It didn't look so great, and no one else wanted it- they were just going to throw it away. So I've kept it all these years, but it was beyond repairing & I wanted to save what fabric I could. So I am taking it apart & using it to make a scrappy lap quilt. I was hoping to have it finished this summer, so that I could give it to my grandma (this was her mother's quilt), but I'm not sure I'll get to it. But I wanted to share some pieces, because I think my great-grandma would think it's neat that pieces of her quilt are across the USA. :o)

Linda~ Can't wait until next month! Are we going to do squares or charms?

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

Bunny, I received the charms you sent today! You know, I have an applique quilt top that my grandmother started. when she passed, my mother gave it to me. I was trying to find the right material to finish it and I believe that you just gave it to me!!

I haven't decided on charms or squares, anyone have an opinion? It's about the end of gardening season and before school starting...what do you think?

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Just tossing this out as an idea for later --- how about swapping handmade pincushions? I know there are patterns for them on the internet. Just send to one swap partner for that swap maybe?
    Actually I hope you don't do this for August and save the idea for a bit because I can't swap in August.
    Anyway, this group is fun and even though I can't participate every month, I will be here to join in from time to time.
    Jeanne

• gmom2-6boys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello everyone,

I have been Charmed by Malinda. According to my records we have all received all of our charms. So after this post we will be officialy closed.

Linda you will need to start a new thread for August.

I like Jeanne idea of a pin cushion but I would like more charms. The more charmes I have the bigger my throw will be.

Jeanne, If your garden is all most over you are lucky. Mine is just getting started. I pucked peas and carrots yesterday and when the rain is over I need to check my beans. The tomatoes are the size of marbles.

We can discuss whatever for August when Linda starts the new thread.

THANKS TO ALL FOR BEING PART OF THIS.
    gmom