Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

NEW: It's Time For The Yellow Seed Swap!!!

highalttransplant
14 years ago

Hello Everyone!

This is the July color swap, featuring the color YELLOW!

You may include seeds that contains anything YELLOW, whether it is a flower, foliage, fruit, vegetable, herb, etc., or simply just has the word "Yellow" in its name!

You may send edible and non-edible seeds. Please specify if you would like back edible, non-edibles, or a mix of both. I will do my best to fill your request, but it all depends on what is sent in!

Absolutely NO Invasive Plants or Noxious Weeds!!!!

Please send seeds no older than 2 years old. Please include on the packet label, the seed's name, a little blurb about it,and indicate whether your seeds are from a commercial source or hand-collected.

The limit for all of the color swaps has been 10 packs so far. But please feel free to send in some extras. By rule, I can only promise that you will recieve the sending limit of 10 packs back, but I will try to send back extras to the people who sent in extras to be fair.

You can send in as little as 1 pack of seeds, there is no minimum to send in.

Please send in enough seed for a person to have a good try out of the seed!!!! In the past swaps, it was at least 10 seeds per variety, but if something is a small seed, like lets say Petunias, you would probably do 4 times that. So please use your judgement and send the number of seeds that you would be comfortable recieving yourself.

Please send only 1 pack per variety (for example, don't send in 7 packs of Coreopsis)! Again, you may send more than one pack of a certain variety, but please know that they will be counted as "extras". So each variety will be counted as one trade.

Because of the July 4th holiday, the sign up deadline will be a little later than the other color swaps have been. You will need to sign up before July 10, 2009, and your seeds need to arrive by June 17th. Seeds will be sent out to you no later than July 31st, and hopefully sooner. When you sign up, please do so here on the thread, and also send me an e-mail with your name, address, garden web name, and e-mail address. This way I can reply back to you with my mailing address.

You will need to send your seeds in a bubble envelope, which will be used to mail back your new seeds. Also, I will need a mailing label with your address on it, and stamps equal to what you sent plus one not attached in case an extra stamp is needed (if the extra stamp is not needed, I will put it in your return envelope). One last thing, please include a list of what you sent in so you don't get those seeds back.

Please!!!! Feel free to ask questions!!!! Hopefully, I did not forget anything!

The color YELLOW is one of my favorites, and I am so excited to host this one!

Bonnie

Comments (106)

• jaynine
    14 years ago

sent mine out this morning.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No envies today : (

BTW, If you've been lurking, tomorrow is the last chance to sign up for this swap.

Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dem_pa, your envelope arrived today!

I am so impressed with the fact that I'm not seeing a lot duplication of seeds. I haven't gone through my seeds yet. Think I'm going to wait until all of the seeds are in. That way I can look for things that weren't sent in by anyone.

The list:

* Lindaruzicka (received)
    * Booberry85/Becky (received)
    * Carroteggs/Anna (received)
    * gmom2-6boys/Sharon (received)
    * dem_pa (received)
    * Bonechickchris/Christy
    * Mystlw (received)
    * Ten steps ahead/Barbara
    * Jaynine
    * Lisam627 ohio z6
    * cybermeowz
    * barefootgardner12
    * dirtdiggin/Toni
    ashleigh - georgia (haven't received an email yet)
    * canyonwind/Annie
    * Patti1957
    * and me, of course!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I received two more envelopes in the mail today, one from dirtdiggin/Toni, and one from canyonwind/Annie (BTW, thank you for the hostess gift, very cute!)

Now that sign ups are over, I just want to remind everyone that their seeds need to arrive here by July 17th, so that I will have time to sort them and send them back out. Thank you to everyone for participating in this swap, and I hope that you guys are pleased with what you receive back.

Bonnie

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I'm sure we will!.."rubbing hands together"

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Bonnie...I will be very happy with whatever you send my way.

Thanks!

Annie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Two more envelopes in the mail today, one from Jaynine, and the other from Barefootgardner12. Wow, you guys rock!!! Only a few more to go, and then I can start sorting them out.

The list:

* Lindaruzicka (received)
    * Booberry85/Becky (received)
    * Carroteggs/Anna (received)
    * gmom2-6boys/Sharon (received)
    * dem_pa (received)
    * Bonechickchris/Christy
    * Mystlw (received)
    * Ten steps ahead/Barbara
    * Jaynine (received)
    * Lisam627 ohio z6
    * cybermeowz
    * barefootgardner12 (received)
    * dirtdiggin/Toni (received)
    ashleigh - georgia (Never received an email, so I'm assuming she must have dropped out?)
    * canyonwind/Annie (received)
    * Patti1957

Those of you that I haven't received yet, are you close to sending, or are they already in the mail?

Bonnie

• cybermeowz
    14 years ago

Bonnie,

I have been really sick for the last week so I just got my seeds in the mail today. They should get there in time though, since they only have to get from North Dakota to Colorado. I sent in mostly veggies for all you veggie growers out there. Hope you like the selection.

Thanks,
    Penny

• patti1957
    14 years ago

Bonnie,

I put mine in the mail today. I hope they get there by Friday!

Patti

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Seeds went out today!
    Christy

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for letting me know, Penny, Patti and Christy! So just waiting to hear from Barbara(Ten steps ahead) and Lisa.

BTW, I started doing some preliminary sorting today, nothing finalized since I'm still waiting on packages, but I have to say the FLOWERS are beating the EDIBLES in the variety department. Some of the flowers that Linda, Jaynine, and Barefootgardner12 sent in, I had to do a little research to find out what they were. On the other hand, I think I've received at least five 'Lemon' cucumbers, four 'Spaghetti' squash, and so on. Maybe Christy, who's in charge of the Weird, Odd, & Unusual Swap, will redeem the edibles group, LOL!

Bonnie

• booberry85
    14 years ago

And I thought I was being a good little girl by not sending in Yellow Pear Toms & Crookneck Squash or Early Yellow Summer Squash. LOL! Oh well, if Lemon Cukes & Spaghetti Squash revisit me, I guess I was destine to grow them!

• jaynine
    14 years ago

I wouldn't mind getting doubles (or even triples) of certain things!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, no envelopes yesterday, or today. I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of folks about their envelopes, so I'll post once I know where things stand.

Becky, I'll do my best to send you back different things than what you sent in, but there is just not as much to choose from with the edibles.

Jaynine, the only things I'll have doubles or triples of, as far as flowers go, are the basics such as marigolds, zinnias, and sunflowers.

When my DH saw me with all of the lists and seeds spread out everywhere, he said "Did you volunteer for this? You need a twelve step program!" LOL ... he's probably right.

Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Penny, your seeds arrived today, and I think you win the prize so far, for the most organized package. All packets are clearly labeled with lots of usefull information, and the printed list is so easy to read. Thank you for taking the extra time, and thank you also for the gift seeds!

I'm still waiting on three (maybe four) envelopes to arrive, and then I can get everything sorted out. I'm thinking the seeds will be ready to mail out towards the end of next week.

Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Patti's seeds arrived today with an awesome, very organized selection, and more gifts from my wishlist. Thank you! You guys are so sweet!

Okay, here is where things stand. The last couple packages are being mailed to me today. I know the deadline for arrival was to be today, but I think I can still get everything sorted and sent back out well before the deadline of the 31st. Especially since I already know what's in most of the packages that haven't arrived yet.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be out hiking in the mountains with my one of my sisters. Forecasted high: 97º.

Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I'm back! Fortunately, it was probably 20º cooler at an elevation of 10,500' than it was where I live yesterday. Went to a place called Grand Mesa National Forest, which has something like 300 lakes, lots of wildflowers, and awesome views. I've never created a slideshow, so I hope this works.

Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Can someone tell me if the slideshow works or not? I'm thinking I did something wrong.

Thanks,
    Bonnie

• jaynine
    14 years ago

You did great~nice pictures!

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Nice pics, Bonnie! Thanks for sharing.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, guys! But it still doesn't view like it's supposed to. Let me try a different way.

I think this is better. What do you guys think?

Oh, and I once again forgot to change the date stamp when I replaced the batteries on my camera, so all of the pictures say 1/1/2004 instead of 7/18/2009. Grrrrr.... Can you tell I'm technology challenged, LOL?

Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: Grand Mesa wildflower slideshow

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Swap update:

I received the final three envelopes today from Christy, Barbara, and Lisa, so I'm now working on sorting it all out and I will post as soon as I get them in the mail.

Bonnie

• jaynine
    14 years ago

bonnie,
    do you know if there will be a red swap at all??

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, Tammy (Greenthumbgrow) will be the hostess, and she said she will be posting a sign up thread very soon. She is just finishing up with the Crazy, Crazy Plant Swap, so I am sure she will get to it as soon as she can. I am very excited about the Red Seed Swap, it's one of my absolute favorite colors in the garden!

Bonnie

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I have most of my seeds pulled for the red swap already..."G"

• carroteggs
    14 years ago

I just got done sorting my seeds for the red swap...Just a few for that one too... :( I guess I had more for the purple swap....hahaha! Now after all those other swaps, my garden can be diversified, but I think purple will still me my main color ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes back from the yellow swap!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay, the seeds are all sorted, and packaged up. I will do my best to get to the post office to mail them later today. They aren't open right now, it's only 2 am! We have one of those community mailboxes, and some of the envelopes are too fat to fit through the slot.

Going to bed now ...

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

THE SEEDS ARE ON THE WAY!!!

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Hurray!!! Now go take a nap, Bonnie!

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Bonnie,

Thanks for all your time and work on this swap. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Annie

• dem_pa
    14 years ago

I received my seeds at noon today. Thanks for the great assortment of seeds. I am going to plant a few kinds this afternoon for the fall crop. Thanks to a great hostess.

Don (dem_pa)

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Your welcome, Don! I can't believe they got there so fast, but I am glad that you found some things in there that you could use.

Bonnie

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Those postal people must have ate their Wheaties over the weekend. :) I received my seeds today. Thanks so much Bonnie. I'm thrilled with the seeds I received!

• barefootgardner12
    14 years ago

I also received my seeds today. Thanks so much Bonnie. Great job!

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I received my seeds too! What a nice selection..thanks so much for hosting!

• jaynine
    14 years ago

Got my seeds today, too. Thanks so much for everything~I'm very happy with my yellows!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow, Becky! I think you were right about those postal workers. I'm amazed at how many of you have already received your seeds!

• patti1957
    14 years ago

Got my seeds today! Bonnie you picked some very nice seeds out for me, I am so happy with them. Thank you.

Patti

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Bonnie,

My seeds arrived today...well...actually yesterday, and I just love what you chose for me! A very nice selection of "yellow" flowers and edibles. Thanks so much!!

Annie

• carroteggs
    14 years ago

I just got home and there was an envelope full of yellow seeds waiting for me! I LOVE the fact that I got Yellow cucumbers...been waiting to try them, actually I almost bought those online the other day (Glad I didn't!) I also LOVE the basil! You can never have too many varieties of basil around! Everything else was great too!

Thanks for hosting this month's swap Bonnie!

I will be starting some of these this week....

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

OH MY SEEDS CAME TODAY!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful selection! I'm so excited to plant them all. May be able to get some in this year still, but will certainly be able to next year :)
    Thank you, Bonnie, each package is unique to me, which at this point is pretty amazing lol. Thank you SO much for the wonderful selection of seeds!
    It's been a very fun swap!! Thank you so much for hosting it!

Toni

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    14 years ago

Hi Bonnie - I received my seeds and I am really happy with the wonderful selection that you sent me! Thanks so much for all of your hard work here - I love everything!

Lisa

• jaynine
    14 years ago

i know i asked about this before, but seeing as how july is just about over, is the red swap cancelled?

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jaynine, I'm checking into it right now. I'll let you know what I find out.

Bonnie

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Hi all... I see you are ready for the Red swap... ! I will be posting it up today so keep a look out!

Sorry about not posting it sooner i know you are all anxiously waiting for me. LOL.

Tammy:-)

• cybermeowz
    14 years ago

Bonnie,

Hi. Just letting you know that I received my seeds sometime this week (I've been on a short little vacation the last week). I love the seeds you picked out for me. I got a bunch of seeds I wanted (like some yellow tomatoes, carrots, chard and watermelon) and seeds that I didn't know I wanted but am excited about (like Chinese Yellow Cucumbers and Thai Yellow Egg eggplant). I love these color of the month swaps. There is always something totally new and interesting (to me at least) when I open up the return package.

So, thanks everyone, especially Bonnie for doing hostess duty, for another great swap!

P.S.
    I, too, am anxiously awaiting the red seed swap. Hopefully it hasn't been canceled. If Tammy is too busy to do this swap, then maybe someone else can jump in and host. It would be a shame for all those red seeds to not find their new homes!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The wait is over, LOL! Tammy has posted the sign up thread for the Red Seed Swap. Follow the link below to sign up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Red Seed Swap

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning! I just wanted to say that I had a great time hosting this swap, and I am glad (and relieved, LOL) that everyone seems to be happy with what they received back.

There are still three people that haven't checked in yet - Sharon (Gmom2-6boys), Terry (mystlw), and Barbara (ten steps ahead). Hopefully, your packages have arrived by now.

Thank you to everyone that participated! I learned so much researching all of the things that people sent in that I wasn't familiar with, and I also learned a lot about hosting this type of a swap, which will make me better prepared for the next time. I thank you for the opportunity!

Bonnie

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Bonnie,

You sent me several "yellows" I have never planted before. I am probably the only person who has never planted spaghetti squash or early straightneck squash...have planted lots of other squash but not those. Planted them yesterday................

Thanks again!!!

Annie

• gmom2-6boys
    14 years ago

I GOT SEEDS!!!!!! My seeds arrived and are planted. They came a few days ago but I couldn't get on to let you know.

This has been fun and I'm going to check to see if I have any red seed.

Many thanks to Bonnie for hosting this swap.

gmom2-6boys
    Sharon