Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adopt_greyhounds

MNF July swap: Vacation Hot Spots!

adopt_greyhounds
13 years ago

We all have a favorite vacation spot! This exchange is to bring back memories of that great place and share them with a new friend though plants. It could be the color of the plant, the smell, the type or anything that reminds you of your favorite place. For example, a hot pepper plant could be a reminder of a Caribbean vacation!

Rules:

1. Sign-ups will be until July 1 (if this is your first swap please contact me so I know you understand the swap)

2. Partners will be posted on July 2

3. Boxes should be shipped no later than July 16th

4. A medium flat rate box will be used, please post your DC (delivery confirmation) when you ship

5. At least 2-3 plants should be included and at least 4 packs of seeds. At least one plant/seed pack should represent your vacation spot!

6. Two items should also be included to represent your vacation spot, too. This can be a recipe, seashells, a candle, anything really!

7. Fill the box the rest of the way with things you think your partner would like.

Have fun with this!

Enjoy!

Amanda

Comments (25)

• mamasllamas
    13 years ago

Yeap I'm in, sign me up Holly

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

This sounds like fun Amanda! Sign me up!..."sweeping off the veranda steps and setting out the cookies"

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

this one would be easy for me to do... I live in my favorite vacation spot! beaches, lakes, water, great dining, lots to do, tons of festivals, tons of musical events, vineyards, orchards, wineries, you name it, I've got it at my doorstep. can I get an amen from those of you who've been here to Traverse City?
    the only thing that keeps me from joining is the seeds requirement, I have none to trade. this year they all went into the ground, either on my small little "farm", or at my parents' farm. if someone would prefer to receive only plants, and no seeds, I'll join in. so, for now, put me down as a lurker, okay Amanda?

Peace.
    -Dan & the Wee Beasties

• adopt_greyhounds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sounds good Dan, I'm sure we will have someone willing to trade plants only :)

So we have:
    Amanda (host)
    mamasllamas (Holly)
    lindaruzicka

Lurker: Dan (plant only trade)

• mamasllamas
    13 years ago

I'll trade plants only with Dan

• adopt_greyhounds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Great! Thanks Holly!
    So we have:
    Amanda (host)
    lindaruzicka

Dan (plants only)
    Holly (plants only)

OK, where are those other lurkers/participants? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    Please join, it will be fun :)
    Amanda

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Holly, that's great of you! Thanks! Since you and I already know who we're traded boxes with, we can go ahead and send them to one another if you'd like. When would be good for you? And, could you send me your address?
    -Dan

• Sweet Sakura
    13 years ago

I'll lurk for now. If I join, I'd also have to do plants only.

~CA

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

This is cool! Holly and I have already traded addresses, and will be opening our boxes when the rest of you are still getting your partners...hehehe.

• adopt_greyhounds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK, if it's OK with everyone we are going to just do plants only! No seeds! Let me know if this is a problem
    Amanda

• adopt_greyhounds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The new group:
    Amanda (host)
    lindaruzicka
    sakura_komichi

Dan (dan_the_mailman) trading with Holly (mammasllamas)

So I think we will do just the plants, no seeds. If someone would like to trade seeds we can make arrangements. The rest of the swap will go as planned, with the 2 other items to represent your vacation spot!

Lets see if we can drum up some more people! It really will be fun :)

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

This sounds like fun! I'd love to participate. Please sign me up! Thanks.

• adopt_greyhounds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Amanda (host)
    lindaruzicka
    sakura_komichi
    suegardens2

• Sweet Sakura
    13 years ago

Oh, look, somehow I got moved off the lurker list.... Sorry to report I won't be able to play this month. Have fun!

~CA

• adopt_greyhounds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, sorry! That somehow got missed.
    We now have:
    Amanda (host)
    lindaruzicka
    suegardens2

Lurker: sakura_komichi

• adopt_greyhounds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok.... anyone else want to join?
    Still a couple days left!

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Holly's box is packed and in the car, waiting to go to work with me tomorrow morning. The dc# is 9405503699300275053328.

Peace.

• adopt_greyhounds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Great! Thanks Dan! :)

Looks like we will have lindaruzicka trade with suegardens2.
    If we get another participant I will trade with them.
    Sound good?

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Amanda, if no one else joins, how about a 3-way trade? You send to Linda, who sends to Sue, who sends to you. That way, you get to play too.

• adopt_greyhounds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

oh, that might work. Thanks for thinking of us :) Would that be OK with everyone?

• mamasllamas
    13 years ago

I sent my box off.............to Dan the Mailman

• adopt_greyhounds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Great! Thanks Holly!
    The sign up is now closed!
    I am going to have to sit this one out actually, having some problems with my broken ribs lately, fell off a horse! Long story, it involved a cat and a horse and me and was not too much fun :)

SO.... lindaruzicka will be trading with suegardens2!

Thanks guys! Be sure to post what you received here too.

• mamasllamas
    13 years ago

OK my box arrived packed full I don't know how Dan got everything in there full size plants, 3 dozens of iris! And extra goodies to boot! whoever gets Dan to trade with next will really be one happy camper! Dan has gnomes so the next trade knows......... more gnomes :) coming your way Dan!
    Loved my trade Holly

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

My box from Holly arrived today, full of plants! There's a new butterfly bush, lilies, irises, and a hot papaya echinacea! I've been trying to establish a patch of those in the yard this year, and with Holly's added in, I've now got them from 3 different sources, which will give me a strong showing of seeds for years to come! Yippee!!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading the letter she included, and plan on lighting the candle later tonight when I've got the house closed up and the air is on. Holly sent some elephant garlic for planting or eating, so I think I'm going to include it in the bbq sauce I'm making for tomorrow's ribs...YUM!!! Holly also included a watercolor print card by a local artist, and a cool postcard, showing off Kentucky, which is a great place to visit. The plants are now soaking in water and I'll be planting "a touch of Kentucky" tomorrow in my yard. How cool is that?
    And, get this y'all. (that's my impression of Paula Deen, like it?) Holly is ALSO painting a dried gourd birdhouse for me and sending it when it's done. All I can say is...WOW!!!

Holly, THANK YOU!!!

peace.
    -Dan

• celeegra
    12 years ago

Great theme Amanda! This looks like so much fun! I'll be lurking to hear about everyone's vacation memories. :) grace