Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juspeachy_gw

UPDATE; 8400 Traveling Daylilies

juspeachy
17 years ago

{{gwi:1281045}}

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of talented , generous and spirited traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. The way into this group is to have traded with at least one of us and to be recommended for membership by one of more members of the group. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

Ok,

Are we all ready to start getting the swap boxes for Cody's June "free for all" swap?

Mary,

I have several things for yours already. I am so excited, they are way coooool.

ok,

back outside.

Hugs to all,

Jo

Comments (103)

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Gloria-Do you like this La. iris?
    Clyde Redmond

This is my Japanese Iris:
    Southern Son, really blue

Another Blue Jap.
    Pleasant Sandman

Japanese Lion King

Japanese Frilled Enchantment(One of my favorites)

Japanese Summer Splash

Japanese Stranger In Paradise

Cindy-I think I only had ugly yellow daylilies when I did not like them. I have lots of nice yellows now.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Cindy-I love you Zepher John and the Otties Magic is just beautiful.

• ellenh
    17 years ago

Now Shirley you are just being mean! We need to do a trade!!!!!!!! I loooooooove those japanese irises!

Ellen

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

GERRRRRRRRRRRRRR..... GERR.. BACK OFF MISS ELLEN... MORE GERS.... THOSE ARE MY IRIS....

SOMEONE NEEDS TO CALL MISS SHIRLEY.... INVITE HER TO LUNCH...AT THAT AWESOME DAIRY QUEEN ( TEARS AT THE MEMORIES.. LOL) AND WHILE YOU AND HER ARE MUNCHIN... I AM ALL OVER HER YARD!!!!! MERY GORL... THOSE THINGS ARE AWESOME....... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOX

NOW, THANKS CINDY... I DONT KNOW TOO MUCH.. BUT I HAVE PIANO MAN AND I THOUGHT UT O.... I PAID ALOT FOR SOMETHING THATS NOT TRUE....

DIANNE, DIANNE... GIRL I MUST REALLY LOVE YOU BIG TIME... AS I DONT SEND OUT MY EMPORIORS DRAGON TO ANYONE... SO IF I DID,,,, MAN,,, DONT LET ME KNOW... ILL BE SICK.. GRIN!

cINDY... TOO MUCH MAKES SMALLER BLOOMS... AH.... LESSONED LEARNED....

YOUR PHOTOS ARE KILLING ME.... IM GONNA DO MY PHOTOS... mAREA HAS COME THRU FOR ME AGIN... TONIGHT, IM TAKING NAP SO I CAN STAY UP AND DO IT.... HUBBY IS HOME SO HERES MY HELPER TO GET SYUFF DONE.... MY YARD BLOOMS YALL LOVE EACH MORNING.. ITS SO COOL!

WE HAVE 8 NOW IN THE HOLY SMOKE SWAP.... THATS COOL.. AND AWESOME.. ILL TELL MORE LATER....
    IF i WERENT WATCHING PAULS MOVIES ID GET MORE DONE... ITS TOO HOT TO BE OUTSIDE NOW... YALL BE CAREFULL.... ITS A SCORCHER!

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM MISS DENI???
    i HAVE NOT....
    YALL TRY!

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

I want to be in on the "Holy Smoke" trade
    #1 Gloria
    #2 Debbie
    #3 Shirley
    #4 Barb
    #5 Jean
    #6 Jo
    #7 Mary S
    #8 Carol

so how do you all like my photos.....

arent they great....

arnt they soooo pretty.... yall come on over and look at them in my camera.... as thats WHERE THEY ARE AT....
    IN MY CAMERA....
    JENNIFER , MY DAUGHTER IS OFF ON THE WEEKENDS, AND I CANT RECALL HOW TO LOAD THEM FORM THERE TO THIS COMPUTER.... I KNOW NOW HOW TO GET THEM TO HERE..... SHEESH MAYBE I JUST SHOULD MOVE ON IN WITH MAREA.... OR CINDY... OR SHIRLEY.. OR DIRTPIG!!!!!! OR ANYONES WHOS BRAIN STILL WORKS....

PAUL.... WE STA DONW TO WATHC THE MOVIE... WE CANT GET IT TO ENGLISH.... MY HUSBAND THINKS YOU ARE JOKING WITH ME... HE THINKS THE MOVIE IS ALL IN CHINESE AND ALL THE WRITING IS SO HE CANT FINGURE IT OUT... HE GAVE IT 30 MINUTES... HOW DO I GET IT OFF CHINESSE...
    DEBBIE??? YOU DIDNT WATCH IT IN CHINEESE DID YAH????? WELL, OFF AGAIN TO GO LOOK AT MY YARD!!!
    BOUGHT A NEW BIRDBATH TODAY... YES, YOULL SEE IT IN THE PHOTOS....

JO, YOUR PICTURES ARE AWESOME....GRIN!

HUGS TO ALL....

• veeja11
    17 years ago

ok debbie my confirmation number says you have your pkg, did you wear your new hat into the yard and get shot?I have taken up making sun visor hats so all my buddies are being cursed with one, how about a pic of you in it? I am sorry I forgot to include a note with each plant saying why I included it. sorry but I am going thru 24 withdrawls and am not myself. Gloria happy to see you back, you were missed. can I add sun hat to my wish list? as my pal is sure to get one. hugs to all carol

• dirtpig
    17 years ago

Morning all..

Received my June box from Karen.She sent some very nice plants.

Lysimachia Alexander
    Sedum Angelina..smiles..its very kewl
    Ampelopsis Elegans...really wanted this..last one died a few years ago..so thank you
    Seddling of Clematis Tangutica
    Peaches and Dreams Holyhock..love holyhocks
    Siberian Iris its a NOID..but sounds very nice
    Variagated Bearded Iris..kewl,kewl
    Artemisia Silver king.narrow leaf type
    Iris pseudacorus..yellow flag iris
    Thank you so much for the plants Karen..smiles
    and and I know where most of every thing is going to go..LOL..think thats a first for me..Karen your box will go out on Mon..will let you know for sure tho.

SHARON...I want that pig..OH how cute..just to kewl...smiles

Shirley your killing me with all thoes beauties of yours..wow the iris you have..been drooling over them..lol

Mareas...WOW Earl of Warwick is something..no wonder it's your new love.Glad you like Jean Ivelle..I treaded for that for the name..was frilled when it flowered

All the daylilies,iris and other flowers pic are wonderfull.Love seeing others gardens

This is hostas Fringe Benefit Leola Fraim and A Many Splendored Thing and an unknown daylily(that smell like heaven)

Gulls Wings

Oh,Oh just got this one last fall..and it flowered..I can't believe it..not even a year in the ground..and SO pretty
    Cuckoos Nest

and I know this last one is just a box plant but it came true to name..so I'm happy..and its pretty...lol.Dancing Butterflies

Hugs Mamabear..so glad your back among us again..HUGS

Happy Gardening.Jean

• budsnblooms
    17 years ago

First off, let me clear up the mystery of Piano Man...Cindy did not send me Piano Man Gloria did...That is In Glad Adoration and Cindy did send me that...Sorry for the confusion.

I received 3 gorgeous boxes in the mail Fiday. I would have posted sooner but we had a bad storm that knocked our electricity out plus my daughter and her fiancee and little girl showed up a day early for a visit and stayed over night...my son will arrive tomorrow for an overnight visit. Of course mom must cook homemade meals and revert back to taking care of children again...I know....I have spoiled them rotten.

Anyway, when the mailman drove up our drive and unlocked the back of his car, he handed me the first box and said wth a grin, I have 3 boxes for you. He was so pleased, you would have thought he had given them to me. I didn't even make it inside with them, I started unwrapping them in the back yard.

The first box was from Paul. If you remember he sentme a box earlier saying that he was sending me on a vacation to Hawaii and that box included all the accutrements like the hula skirt, shell top, lei, Hawaiian coffee, Macadamian nut Candy etc. etc. Well he send a second box with plants. These included these daylilies all having to do with Hawaii:
    Wind Swept Dreams, Eruption (relating to volcanoes), Island Eyes, Mauna Loa, And Double Kona Sunset
    He also had included two Epiphyllum Cuttings: Hawaii, Unforgettable (as in "I hope your vacation is unforgettable")
    and last but not least-my first plumeria (a white one). He said I couldn't go to hawaii without one.

The second box was from Anita. It was the hosta's plus much more...as you will see.
    These are the list of Hostas....I didn't have any of them.
    Abiqua Blue Krinkles
    Big Daddy
    Crusador
    Invincible
    Montana Macrophyl
    Snow Crust
    Zager White Edge

These daylilies...Wait until you see this list...
    Fruit Loops
    Carpenter Shavings
    Ice Carnival
    John Peat
    Mauna Loa

Did you guys notice the John Peat (bear hug Anita)

She also sent gardening gloves and a hand poured candle.

The 3rd box was from Carol and is from Cody's swap:
    Wait till you see the list of items it included:
    Traveling Daylily Cap-more about this later
    A counted cross stitch with shadowbox.
    Lemon Candles
    Sticky Notes
    Address Book
    Pink Calla Bulb
    Columbine
    Pineapple Sage
    Witches Brew Dianthus
    White Astilbe
    Euyonomous
    Siloam Double Classic DL
    Ireland DL
    2 unknown bulbs (one is a lily I think)
    Now for a mystery!!Remember I said I had a little visitor (7 year old Shelby)? Well she brought the cap that Carol had made me to the kitchen where I was talking with my daughter and fixing breakfast. I briefly told her the hat was sent to me by a friend and continued with what I was doing. I had fixed Shelby a bag of trinkets like toys from cereal...toys and other items that somehow appear here without my knowing where they came from or who left them...you know the kind of things I mean. Anyway, as I started to list the items you (Carol) had left, I got the camera and began to look for the cap so hubby could take the picture. I can not find it...I'm wondering if Shelby thought it was meant for her and stuck it in her bag of goodies...I'm so sorry Carol, she is on her way to Knoxville to stay the summer with her mother. If I find the cap around here I will for sure, take a picture. I am so sorry. I did appreciate the time and trouble you went to to make the cap. I guess maybe Shelby did too (unhappy grin).

I received these 3 boxes Friday afternoon and the storm knocked our electricity out at 8pm and it didn't come back on until 2am Saturday morning. My daughter, Pete and Shelby arrive yesterday afternoon and didn't leave until 1:30 today. I am telling you this to respond to why it took me two days to list the items and to thank everyone.

I am grateful to all three of you for the wonderful plants and other gifts you have so thoughtfully shared with me. I have noticed many times while trying to thank people for what they sent, that I just don't have the words or ability to express what their gifts mean to me. Somehow, thank you never seems to be enough. But it's all I have.
    Thank You Dear Friends for your Gifts.

Carol your box will go out in the mail tomorrow. Sorry about it being last minute. I have just been so busy since I returned from vacation last week.

Barb...Sara's photo's are beautiful. I am so sorry about the loss of your friend.

Shirley...Beautiful Iris. Beautiful shots.

Jean...Love the Peonies and the shot with the old Coca Cola machine in the background. You are a landscaping genius.

Debbie

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Barb, I am glad you liked your box, I am sure you love Shelby, so if she liked the hat, I am happy she got it. I am making them a little more simple now and like them better. so you could get a better one in a future swap. I made it with love, and what do we love more than our grandchildren? glad your lights are on. thankyou Carol

• mellen
    17 years ago

Hello, My name is Mary Ellen. I have been a member here since last spring when Carol asked you to let me join. Now that school is over, and I am going to be home for more than 2 days, maybe now I can post here. LOL

As soon as we got home from TX, DS and his girlfriend were here for a week to visit. Then this past Wednesday we took them back to their homes, and we stayed a few extra days to do more sightseeing and become better acquainted with Molly's parents. I think that may be important. Anyway, they are very nice people, and we had a great time.

Mareas, how in the world do you pack up everything in 3 days? I suppose when there is a deadline, you just have to do it. I would go crazy!

Jo, thank you for your comments to me above. Much appreciated.

Mamabeargloria, nice to meet you finally. So many have talked about you--good things, mind you--that I am looking forward to getting to know you.

I am loving all of the pictures that so many of you are posting. One of these days, I will try to do the same. Now, if I could just figure out how to do it! Easily?

Deni, I did receive the first issue of the gardening magazine a couple of weeks ago. Thank you. Have enjoyed reading it. Also appreciated the plant and bulbs!

Dawn, I, too, love looking at all of your building pictures. Such an exciting time for you and hubby! This is our 3rd summer in our new home. It is also set back in the trees and down a long lane. But ours is only 400 feet long. Away from traffic, noise, DUST.....

Barb, before I started this post, I spent the last 45 minutes looking through your DD's site. WOW! Beautiful pictures and she sounds like such a beautiful person. Such depth, emotion, and caring in her writings. They come out in many of her photos, too. You can be proud.

Carol, can YOU post a picture of these hats you are making? Come on don't be shy! LOL

Later, everyone, Mary Ellen/Mellen/ME

• cheerpeople
    17 years ago

Deni- THX so much for sending me those tall perennial sunflowers! Now really do look at the list I sent you and LMK what goes in your box. Really!

Debbie- I just bought that dark ligularia in the pic. I was unable to trade for it or buy it cheap.. full price.. (why does that bother me?). . so I plan to propagate it around here for a few years first. Then of course it goes to my gardening mom and sister after that... Does anyone know how LIGULARIA "BRITT MARIE CRAWFORD' does from seed? If it's a no go I'm chopping off those unsightly flowers. LMK

ok- well my last post got lost so I'm going to keep it short, Have a great day!
    Karen/cheerpeople

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

HI M E
    GLAD TO MEET YOU!
    YES, I AM THE WONDERFULL PERSON WHO YOU HAVE HEARD ALOT ABOUT.... ALL THE GOOD THINGS ARE TRUE... GRIN

WOW DEBBIE.... YOU HAD CHRSITAMS IN JUNE... TOO COOL....

NOT THAT IT MATTERS BUT SOMEONE I KNOW JUST PAID 48.00 FOR A JOHN PEAT,,,, AND ONE OTHER FAN OF A DAYLILY///
    YOU GOT SOME GRREAT BLESSINGS THERE AND JUST TAG THAT ONE AS I KNOW YOU WILL WNAT TO SHARE WITH ALL OF US!!!! GRIN!!!

MY CAMERA IS FULL OF PHOTOS AND MY DAUGHTER IWLL BE HERE IN A HOUR TO HELP ME....

OH..
    THIS IS LAST CALL FOR THE HOLY SMOKES TRADE.... SIHN UP NOW IF YOU WANT IN....

WHOMEVER GETS MY NAME I DONT HAVE A TRADE PAGE UP... IT LEFT WHEN THE PERSON I PAID TO MAKE IT LEFT... HUMMMM NOT FUN.. AND IM TOO LAZY TO DO ALL THAT WORK AGIN...

i LOVE PURPLE AND PINK... ILL LOVE WHAT YOU LOVE SO DONT WORRY ABOUT ME...
    iM OFF TO SEE BARB PAGE AS I NEVER LOOKED ON IT,,,,
    BE BACK LATER WITH PITURES...

I TO0 LOVE SEEING YOUR GARDENS... POST EM GIRLS.... MINE ARE COMING...

ARNT JOS PRETTY... GRIN

AND DEBBIE CAN YOU POST SOME... CINDY WE HAVE NEW FOLKS POST YOURS AGAIN.. AND IF DAWN DOES WE ALL WILL CROAK...
    PAUL???

DENI..
    WHERE IS DENI...

OH DENI...

JEAN POST POST SWEETY... SHE WON A CONTEST LAST YEAR...
    WOOOOO MAYBE ITS CONTEST TIME... I THINK SO THAT WAS TOOOO FUN.... YALL WANT TO DO A CONTEST????

BE BACK... HUGS TO ALL.... XOXOX

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I think Deni may have been in the hospital, but not sure if she is home or not? I think she had an allergic reaction to something. Let's keep her in our prayers.

I'm trying to find time to post....really I am. But if I don't tar the foundation, no one will. : ) What a fun project that was, LOL.

Just wanted to pop in to say that I want to be in the HOLY SMOKES swap...I think that makes me #9???

BBL,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Me again,

Just a quick note to let Lisa know that I am putting the finishing touches on your June Smile Swap package and will be mailing it tomorrow. : )

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mareas
    17 years ago

Here is G's sweet dog Amber and the new Miss Kitty!
    {{gwi:1281124}}

Here is G.'s driveway , where 5 years ago she planted a row of single fans...
    {{gwi:1281125}}

and G's photo of Piano Man:
    {{gwi:1281126}}

...awesome, g! Its 105 degrees & I'm just home from work, so will post more G and ~m' photos tomorrow *grin*

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

BLESS MAREAS HEART... I SENT HER ALOT OF PHOTOS... I BET SHE WANTED TO THROW ME OUT THE WINDOW...

BUT THE ABOVE PHOTO IS GRAGONS DREAMS..... A FAVIORT OF MINE!!!!

iS THAT NOT A AWESOME DRIVEMWAY... ITS DOUBLE THE PHOTO IN LENGTH... THATS THE ONE I COULDNT WALK UP.. I CAN NOW!

ALSO AMBER AND KITTY... MORE PHOTOS COMING.... AMBER IS SO AWESOME... SHE LETS KITTY ATTACK HER,,, SHE USES HER FOR A CLAWING STICK! YES, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE HER D-CLAWED... SHE WILL NEVER GO OUTSIDE! i ADORE HER... SHE SLEEPS ONM MY CHEST AFTER HOURS OF PLAYING.... HOURS.....
    i GAVE HER A WATER BOTTLE TOP THAT SHE BATTED AROUND THE KITCHEN FLOOR.... OH AND SHE RESPONDES TO TH WORD no! SHE IS SO COOL!

jENNIFER CAT ONLY DRINKS WATER WITH IT PAWS.. SO CUTE!

OK... information on holy smoke swap today... its after 1 a. m. here so off to bed i go.....

thanks marea for posting for me your awesome...

is anyone friends with deni>>>>?? live close???? please let me know... hugs g

debbie do you have her phone number??? anyone???????

• User
    17 years ago

Good morning, all! I'm here to tell you that our own Marea sure knows how to make a person SMILE! My trade box arrived yesterday loaded with smiles and delight for not only my eyes, but my taste buds, ears and touch.

First she sent beautiful and healthy daylily fans:
    Broadway Jazz
    Chicago Gold Strike
    Lunar Sea
    Sun Gold Candy
    Absolute Treasure
    Caribbean Double Sunshine

Absolute Treasure is so huge I took it outside to show my own little collection to give them inspiration. Hope it works.
    As if that wasn't enough, she also sent Italian Lazzaroni Amaretto cookies (I'm hiding them and not sharing), the very coolest teardrop beads--mirrored on one side and irridescent on the other and an adorable Maraca rattle.

You done good, Marea, it's 8 hours later and I'm still smiling!

Your box was supposed to go out yesterday but Walt got busy and wan't able to get to the PO. He promised he'll send it out today. Hopefully by Friday, you'll be smiling, too.

Thank you!!!!!! Dianne/dian57

• dirtpig
    17 years ago

Morning all...hugs

WELCOME Mary Ellen...smiles.
    see all,I read the posts.

Mamabear..cute cute pic of Amber and Miss Kitty..hmmm makes me think of Gunsmoke...and NO I'm not that old..lol

Glowning Candles

Immaculee

Happy Gardening

• bourret
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I've been very, very busy potting up all the new arrivals. There's not much more coming thank God.

Dawn, I mailed your box Priority with Delivery Confirmation today. The # is: 0301 0120 6311 0638.
    I'm hoping it will get to you by Thursday since you don't live that far from me.

I must wash my hair and scrub my FILTHY body. Dear heavens, I think I stink. Oh well, just part of being gardeners I guess.

Regards to All you Angels,

Lisa

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

#1 Gloria
    #2 Debbie
    #3 Shirley
    #4 Barb
    #5 Jean
    #6 Jo
    #7 Mary S
    #8 Carol
    #9 Dawn

OK HERES THE HOLY SMOKE TRADERS.. AND HERE IS THE PARTNER LIST

#1 Gloria HAS BARB
    #2 Debbie HAS CAROL
    #3 Shirley HAS JEAN
    #4 Barb HAS GLORIA
    #5 Jean HAS SHIRLEY
    #6 Jo HAS MARY S
    #7 Mary S HAS JO
    #8 Carol HAS DEBBIE

#9 DAWN HAS GLORIA AND GLORIA HAS DAWN,,, WE WERE ODD IN NUMBER AND SO DAWN AND I WILL ALSO BE PARTNERS...( I HAVE THNGS FOR DAWN SINCE CHRISTAMS THAT I NEVER EMAILED HER SO THIS WILL WORK OUT GREAT,,,!! i AM SO EXCITED!

HERS THE DEAL.... EVERYONE SENDS WHAT EVERYONE WANTED TO EVERYONE... TOO COOL HUH

SO HERES THE LIST,,,

1.WINDCHIMES
    2.DECORATIVE ANYTHING FOR THE GARDEN THAT YOU YOURSELF WOULD LIKE IN YOUR GARDEN
    3.gARDEN MAG.
    4.IRIS( IRIS SCORED BIG TIME THANKS TO ALL OF SHIRLEY PHOTOS IM THINKING....
    5.DAYLILY
    6.SOMETHING DEAR FROM YOUR GARDEN WITH A LETTER STATING WHY...

7.DAYLILY SPACECOAST ANYTHING.. IF NOT ANY DAYLILY WOULD DO, JUST SOUNDS TO ME LIKE SHE COLLECTING SPACECOASTS..
    8. FLOWER bulbs OF ANY SORT

iF I MISSED YOU ON HERE I MAY NOT HAVE GOOTOM YOUR REQUEST,,, EMAIL ME IF YOU SEE THATS TRUE...
    DAWN I HAD NO SECRET FROM YOU!!!

SO , THERE YOU GO......
    go!!!!!!!!
    GO GO GO
    AND REMEMBER,,,,, SOMETIMES SOMETHINGS MATTER! THATS THE ONLY CLUE! GRINS BIG!!!!

HUGS GLORIA

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

HI AGIAN... HERES THE NEW LIST... I KNEW I FORGOT SOMEONES SOMETHING! THANKS FOR HELPING!!!

SO HERES THE LIST,,,

1.WINDCHIMES
    2.DECORATIVE ANYTHING FOR THE GARDEN THAT YOU YOURSELF WOULD LIKE IN YOUR GARDEN
    3.gARDEN MAG.
    5.DAYLILY

7.DAYLILY SPACECOAST ANYTHING.. IF NOT ANY DAYLILY WOULD DO, JUST SOUNDS TO ME LIKE SHE COLLECTING SPACECOASTS..
    9. METAL DAYLILY MARKERS....

OHHH IM GONNA GO NOW AND PHOTO THOSE ONES CINDY.. OR WAS IT SHARON SENT ME LAST YEAR... YES, IT WAS ONE OF THOSE GUYS... GRIN! tHANKS SHARON!!!!

SAY... YOU ALL DO KNOW TO ONLY USE PAINT MARKERS ON YOUR DAYLILY NAMES CORRECT??? THATS THEN ONLY THING THAT I CAN STILL READ IS THE PAINT MARKERS....
    OFF TO SHOOT MORE PHOTOS.. GRIN MAREA.... HUGS

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'm short on time once again.....i'm trying to get the invitations done for my sister's baby shower so I only have a minute. I'll find the time to catch up soon, promise. : )

Just wanted Lisa to know that her "Smile" box went out today. DC# 0304 3490 0000 2920 0095
    I hope you like everything I sent along. : )

One more thing..........

Anita, I know you are here with us, reading the posts. Just want to say that I (we) miss you and hope you are back soon.
    This is a very special Daylily you sent me a looooong time ago. Seems like i've been waiting forever for it to bloom. Then yesterday, I got this gift......

Thank you Anita......I will always think of your friendship when I see it's blooms.

Hugs all around,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Paul I received my Codys Anything Goes Swap box from you and love it.
    All kinds of new plants that I don't have. I love trying
    the new ones.
    Paul sent me:

Plumeria w/rainbow flower (Can't wiat to see this bloom)
    Epiphyllums: Campsite,Nadia, Oxypetelum, George B. Scott (Paul I chose to hang them under a tree. Great day it has rained for two days since doing so. Is that too much rain on them? You said not to water them until I seen new growth so I guess I should hang them under the eve of the porch.
    Epidendrium orchid/red love orchids and I don't have a red one
    Canna (Will be a surprise when it blooms)
    Fortnight Lily
    Daylilies: Little Dreamer, Arkanasas Post, Benchmark, Siloam Edith Sholar, Heidi Edeliess

Thank you so much Paul. Our zones are so different it is hard to send what another zone can use. Hope I can send some things you can use. I hope to get your swap box on its way tomorrow. Had to do a craft to add to your box.
    Hope you like it I sure loved my box. I looked like a kid at Christmas time with my box before me reading how to plant and take care of each one. The mailman gets just as big a thrill out of my boxes as I do. I think everyone in the post office knows me by now. They all talk about wheather Miss Shirley is getting more plants on the mail run each day.

Jean-I have never had your name for a swap before. Looking forward to it. Love your iris Gulls Wings (very Nice) also the peonies.

Gloria-You took some good pictures, love the way you planted the daylilies up the driveway.

Dawn-Bold Encounter is a gorgeous daylily. I miss Anita too.

Shirley

• mareas
    17 years ago

Isn't is FUN reading about everybody's boxes?

Very glad I got you a grinning with yours, Dianne dear!

And speaking of grinning, today was 'Victorian Lace' (looking exactly like the photos with frilly lace everywhere) and 'Brian Lee' day for me!! Here is Brian Lee after 12 hours of 105 degree heat, still gorgeous and complex:
    {{gwi:1281130}}

G - will post ALOT of photos tomorrow. Off to early exhausted bed (it's 8:38 PM) ~m'

• pchanggeo
    17 years ago

Hello everyone.

Shirley.. I know what you mean about sending stuff that'll work. I feel a bit guilty sending you the tropicals because you'll have to over winter them indoors. Sorry to make you do extra work, but I hope it'll be all worth it when they bloom. Same goes for Debbie.

As for the epiphyllum... I would try to keep them dry, but keep them someplace with good air circulation. BTW, the names are Campfire and George E. Scott :-).

Cody, let me know when you're ready to do the trade.

Love all the photos... keep them coming. I've had my first dahlia bloom - a nice red pompom.

Thanks,

• pchanggeo
    17 years ago

Oops. I meant to post this...
    Shirley, here's the photo of the unidentified canna.
    {{gwi:527585}}

• budsnblooms
    17 years ago

Gloria....I have a favor to ask...Carol and I were just partners in Cody's swap (she hasn't even had time to receive it yet). You have us partnered again for the next swap...Not that I didn't enjoy Carol as a partner, but because many of the items you have requested for your swap is already in Carols box thats on its way, I am asking that you give us different partners or since the number was uneven, you can drop me from this swap if you want, just please let me know. I'll e-mail you with what was in her box so you will understand why I don't think she would appreciate a duplicate box if I sent to her again. Sorry to be so much trouble.
    Debbie

• User
    17 years ago

Ok, Marea, your box went out yesterday. If you need the confirmation number, let me know--I can go get it from Walt's wallet. Brian Lee is a deeper red in my NY garden. It sure is good to see him blooming. I still have mostly scapes here; I'm looking forward to more blooms.

I'm still smiling!

Dianne/dian57

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Hi all, just dropping in to say how great all the pictures are.
    Marea, that Brian Lee looks great for 105 temp. So far 'Margaret Mead' is my best red for holding a dark red color. I'm still doing crosses with her this year.

Cody, Canadian Border Patrol has bloomed. Thanks for such a beautiful DL. (Remember we did a trade a while back). I know it is kind of an old one now, but new to me and I love it.

Angie, Please let me know how much I owe you for John Peat. I don't want to you think I'm skipping out on paying. I have sent you a couple emails, but I know you are busy with your ebay stuff.

Paul, that unidentified canna you sent to shirley is a beautiful!

Off to wash clothes till I drop.
    sharon/tma

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

IMPORTANT
    IMPORTANT

i HAVE PAIRED PARTNERS THAT WERE PAIRED LAST MONTH.... I NEED TWO NEW PEOPLE TO ADD TO THE HOLY SMOKE SWAP///

OK HINT NUMBER TWO.... A SURPRIZE AWAITS YOU IF YOUR IN THE HOLY SMOKE SWAP.... (THERES REALLY A HINT IN THERE TOO!)

YOUR GOONA BE SORRY IF YOU MISSED OUT.. THATS ALL IM SAYING... OFF FOR A FULL DAY OF SHOPPING.... THE FIRST IN OVER A YEAR... PRAY FOR ME!!!!!!

PLEASE SIGN UP NOW!!!! THANKS
    HUGS G

• mareas
    17 years ago

Count me IN on the Holy Smoke Swap, Gloria. My wished thing is something purple.

LOOK AT MY OWN VERY FIRST SEEDLING THAT BLOOMED THIS AM!!
    It's just a yearling, started the seed 5/8/05. (I am beyond addicted now...)
    {{gwi:1281131}}
    (Huckleberry Candy x Big Blue)

Here is G's Pond in progress w/her DH:
    {{gwi:1281132}}

and HERE is her photo of 'Piano Man'
    {{gwi:1281133}}

OK - back to sorting & boxing, marea

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

If now one else has jumped in yet, I will jump into the Holy Smoke with both feet! :o)

"Holy Smoke" - sounds like a Daylily Name...hummmmm

I would like something 'PINK'. Grin

Marea, WOW is all I can say about your seedling!

Here is one of mine that bloomed today

Sister in law just showed up, so I'm off.
    sharon/tma

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I received a wonderful june box from debbie today my favorite item a handpainted gourd birdhouse with my name on it. 4 daylilies
    spacecoast Sunshine
    spacecoast bold sceme
    key to my heart
    baby blues
    dwarf black beauty holly hock, horsetail reeds, huchera sanfgunia, steel labels, peach preserves cherry jelly and a nice note with the meaning of each gift, Thankyou debbie I love it all,
    thankyou hugs carol

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

OK HERES THE HOLY SMOKE TRADERS.. AND HERE IS THE PARTNER LIST update update update

#1 Gloria HAS BARB
    #2 Debbie HAS sharon
    #3 Shirley HAS JEAN
    #4 Barb HAS GLORIA
    #5 Jean HAS SHIRLEY
    #6 Jo HAS MARY S
    #7 Mary S HAS JO
    #8 Carol HAS angie
    9.sharon has debbie
    10 angie has carol
    11.DAWN HAS GLORIA AND GLORIA HAS DAWN,,, WE WERE ODD IN NUMBER AND SO DAWN AND I WILL ALSO BE PARTNERS...( I HAVE THNGS FOR DAWN SINCE CHRISTAMS THAT I NEVER MAILED HER SO THIS WILL WORK OUT GREAT,,,!! i AM SO EXCITED!

Marea has....
    and ....has marea
    (am waiting for someone to decide)

HEReS THE DEAL.... EVERYONE SENDS WHAT EVERYONE WANTED TO EVERYONE... TOO COOL HUH

SO HERES THE LIST,,,

1.WINDCHIMES
    3.gARDEN MAG.
    5.DAYLILY

9. something purple
    10. somethng pink
    11. something for a bird... or birds...( guess who..grin)

oh what a good idea to have a holy smoke daylily!!!!!!!! too cool..

my feet are screaming.. too much shopping! Im dead beat tired..

dirtpig your partneres will not change..... ( unles you need me to do anything specail... )I know sweety we want each other.... but we have to share!!! grin

I am VERY excited about this awap.... very!!!

YOUR seedlings are awesome... I have alot to say and share... more photos... Marea your photos are posted where?... and Marea.. just remember.... LADIES before gentelmen!!!! ( sorry Paul!)

Wait till you all see how many seedlings I have!
    hugs t o all...

heard from denis mom... deni has been real sick for a week, but her mom says she is on the mend,,,,,
    what a blessing they have each other...

deni we miss you.... get well soon!

OH carol... fall over your movies mailed two days ago....

night all.....
    ZZZZZ
    xoxox

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

OH HOLY SMOKES!!!
    Me,Me,Me - Marea has me and I have Marea! (Now how could I resist Marea?)
    MaryB

• cody_mi
    17 years ago

i got my box from anita last week! good lord that woman can pack a box!!
    daylilies
    john peat
    playing with sharks
    strawberry lace
    golden compass
    divine comedy
    steve trimmer

other plants
    bears britches -my mom is still talking about it! she's wanted it for the longest time. now all her gardening friends are jealous! lol

hopefully i can pack a box that she'll love just as much!

paul
    i'm going to try and get you a box out on saturday

blooming has finally started, woohoo. so far to bloom has been
    empire strikes back
    cabbage flower
    aztec priestess
    baby so big
    siloam plum tree
    light forbes

do i owe anyone else any boxes or info or ...?
    lmk yall
    cody

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Don't you hate it when a headache wakes you up! So now that I'm all medicated and feeling slightly better, I thought I would put my extra time to good use and write to you all.
    Also, I will put my make-up on while at the computer ... I don't always where make-up ... just ask my coworkers ... but in a laboratory, who cares?

I'm a little teed off here. I was posting pics on another website and have found out that my Mamma's Cherry Pie is NOT Mamma's Cherry Pie. So if I have ever sent you that daylily, please know that it is now an 'unknown'. I bought it from the LA several years ago ... can't remember who now. grrrrrr
    But it is a very nice looking daylily:
    My Red Unknown
    {{gwi:1281135}}

Debbie, I haven't done a swap in a while, I am in NEED of a swap, so Holy Smokes Girl, you better WATCH OUT! (Just love the name of this swap, can't seem to get over it). I'm not a shopper, but I think I will shop with my 2 sister-in-laws at the lake over the 4th and look for stuff for you. Boy, will they be 'shocked'. :o)

Cody, what a great box from Anitia! You must be in Daylily Heaven now. Isn't it nice the DL's are finally blooming. I almost hate to go on vacation cause I know I will miss some of the blooms. I have several daylily babies that I have never seen because they always bloom when I'm on vacation. Now they are several fans big and I'm hoping I will get to see at least one bloom, if not, they are getting pulled. :o(

The Perinneal and annual flowers bloom beautifully day after day. But it is the Daylilies that push me out the door and into the garden each morning in anticipation of what new and 'yes' exciting color or colors are awaiting me. Will I see a spider blooming, an eye, a ruffle? Will one of my Babies be putting on their blooms this day. Each year brings something new.

My Butterfly weed - Asclepias incarnata Cinderella is doing great this year. I even moved it in the spring. I have 2. The one with only 3 stems in my main garden has a monarch caterpillar! I've been searching both plants for 3 years and this is my first caterpillar.
    {{gwi:1281136}}

I also had 2 praying mantis cocoons hatch in my garden this spring, so I run into several of those babies each day ... they are enjoying my 'Midnight Salvia' the most.

Marea, glad you don't sound stressed. I know moving can be a pain, but sometimes, when it is something you really want and have been hoping for, it can be fun. Hoping it is fun for you.

Well, the make-up is on, the coffee is gone, the headache medicine is in my purse and it is time to start my commute to work.

So I will say adieu,
    sharon/tma

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

Hi again,
    Just realized that I didn't make a wish for HOLY SMOKE. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....Wish #12 is:

A SPIDER DAYLILY.(Bet you all were groaning and thinking that my wish was going to be a hosta huh?)

Marea and Sharon, beautiful seedlings!

Sharon,I know the feeling of disappointment on the misnamed daylilies. Bought a so called 'Victoria's Secret' - NOT. Turned out very pretty but not VS.

Need to run out and inspect my butterfly weed now for some caterpillars. Love it when I find them.

Barb, thinking of you. Hope you will be back with us soon.

Gotta run for now.
    MaryB

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

oh is this fun!!!!!

well while i was waiting for someone to join offically... mary beat them to it... toO funny! mary yor so cute that i am gonna email the others and say,,,,,,, holy smoke mary did it right! grin... mare is yours Mary!!!

so tell me what your wanting and ill add it in this HOLY smOkes listing.....

we alos have deni and now anita,,, so i can pair you two up or we can bid you all off! !!!!!
    Dein goes to the higest bidder... and then anita... OR VISA VERSA GRIN

keEp them i want in the holy smoke SWAP eamils or posts coming as this is great fun!!! great fun!!!!

Im thinkin here... the older angels are joining in as they KNOW me!!! grins oig, grins big!

It feels so good to be back..
    i was in the yard this moring... and ran back to get my camera
    i just need to tie it around my neck!!!!!!!
    grin!!!

heres the present list updated

OK HERES THE HOLY SMOKE TRADERS.. AND HERE IS THE PARTNER LIST update update update
    #1 Gloria HAS BARB
    #2 Debbie HAS sharon
    #3 Shirley HAS JEAN
    #4 Barb HAS GLORIA
    #5 Jean HAS SHIRLEY
    #6 Jo HAS MARY S
    #7 Mary S HAS JO
    #8 Carol HAS angie
    9.sharon has debbie
    10 angie has carol
    11.DAWN HAS GLORIA AND GLORIA HAS DAWN,,, WE WERE ODD IN NUMBER AND SO DAWN AND I WILL ALSO BE PARTNERS...( I HAVE THNGS FOR DAWN SINCE CHRISTAMS THAT I NEVER MAILED HER SO THIS WILL WORK OUT GREAT,,,!! i AM SO EXCITED!

12.Marea has.... MARY
    and MARY....has marea... way to go!!!! grin
    13 deni
    14 anita

HEReS THE DEAL.... EVERYONE SENDS WHAT EVERYONE WANTED TO EVERYONE... TOO COOL HUH so.... ill send barb one each of everything on this list!!!!!!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!

SO HERES THE LIST,,,

1.WINDCHIMES
    3.gARDEN MAG.
    5.DAYLILY

9. something purple
    10. somethng pink
    MARY EMAIL ME WITH WHAT YOUR WANTING TO GO IN YOUR BOX... ANITA ALSO AND DENI TOO PLEASE!!!!!!
    NOW IS THIS NOT FUN!!!!!

SHARON WITHOUT MAKE UP??? HOLY SMOKES!!!! GRIN!

pAUL WITH MAKE UP....YUCK! GRIN

LATER..... BREAKFAST CALLS...

jO WILL IRIS BLLOM IN RED CLAY OR DO I NEED TO REDO A BED???? SHIRLEY?????? SHALL I SEND YAH SOME MONEY FOR PAOSTAGE SWEETY..... BIG HINTS@!!!!!!! BIG....B.I.G.!!!!!

HUGS TO ALL....

I LOVE MY YARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!

OH THAT ONE PHOTO IS THE POND MY KIDS BOUGHT ME AND PUT IN FOR MOTHERS DAY.... WE LEAVE IT RUNNING 24/7
    i SAW 4 DEAR IN MY YARD TWO DAYS AGO.... IM WONDERING IF THE SOUND OF WATER DREW THEM.....
    LIFE IS GOOD!

CUTE PICTURE OF HUBBY HUH!
    XOXOXO

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

WITH MY DIRECTIONS IN HAND HERE I GO MAREA!!!!

OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS WORKING...
    GIRLS... THIS IS MY CECIL ROSE BUSH.... ITS 4 YEARS OLD ONLY.... HUBBY BUILT THE ARBOR... IT WAS 24 INCHES WHEN I BOUGHHT IT... HE NEEDS HELP TO GATHER IT UP AND PLACE BACK UP ON TOP.. WERE WANTIONG IT TO GROW ONTO THE HOUSE...

PAUL CAN YOU FLY OUT????

MORE...{{gwi:1281137}}

DOES ANYONE WHANT TO GUESS WHAT THEY ARE?????
    NOT BOOMED YER... THEY WILL POP OEN IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS..

{{gwi:1281138}}

AND NOW FOR MORE..... OH IM ADDICTED...

• mareas
    17 years ago

Sharon - Omigawd, your new purple seedling is no wallflower, either! Holy kalumba its gorgeous! I knew i should pay more attention to your seed buying... Sure hope you got to work pain-free today.
    It has been too hot for me to think or do much else but water plants, so I haven't had to stress yet - i think that will come this weekend when Herb comes home & we start the 4 hour trips with stuff to his office/warehouse & go looking for house to rent.. yep, moving on a prayer, no, moving in perfect faith that new home will be manifest. (Can live in our RV at warehouse if our belief wavers..)

Mary B! I still see your grin in that photo from last year of you, Jo & Anita whenever I say your name. So happy you chose me! *grin* I hope to send your box on July 5th or 6th.. Does this count as a spider? 'Bradley Bernard'

~marea

• mareas
    17 years ago

Congratulations G!! You are now an internet PRO! Your Cecil Brunner is fantastic! And I am so looking forward to Stargazer perfume - your yard will be thick as molasses with it! I sold out of growing Stargazers, just like you said I would! ~m'

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Gloria-Very nice picture of Hubby. Next time get his handsome face. No you don't have to send postage, I have not forgotten. Just so busyyyyyyy. I went home during my lunch yesterday just to get Pauls box in the mail. Was out digging things for his box and ended up selling $54.00 worth of plants to a lady that came by. Gosh glad I went home. Love your pond.

Paul-Love that canna, it kinda looks like journeys end. I love the pink ones. I love tropicals, it will be fun to keep them over the winter. I love plants inside during the winter. My angel trumpets you sent are doing great.

Marea-Love your new seedling. Just beautiful.

MaryB-Oh I forgot about spider daylilies. Thanks for that one I LOVEEEEEE spiders.

Shirley

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

HEReS THE DEAL.... EVERYONE SENDS WHAT EVERYONE WANTED TO EVERYONE... TOO COOL HUH so.... ill send barb one each of everything on this list!!!!!!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!

SO HERES THE LIST,,,

1.WINDCHIMES
    3.gARDEN MAG.
    5.DAYLILY

9. something purple
    10. somethng pink

12. spider daylily (cool... I only have one... its bloomed mso i'll have to go shopping! oh gee..... grin!
    13. angel something another cool idea!!!

and the list will continue...... holy smokes!!!!

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

HOW ABOUT THIS ONE????

SEE ALL THE SEEDLINGS.... WAY IN THE BACK.....

{{gwi:1281141}}

PS.. IF YOUR IN THE HOLY SMOKES SWAP...YOU MAY WANT TO GUESS WHAT THE ABOVE DAYLILY IS..... """AS ITS A DING DING AWAITING TO HAPPEN!!!"

• cody_mi
    17 years ago

oops, forgot to mention the iris edith wolford and the three carnations that anita sent me! sorry
    cody

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Hi all, darn strawberries are taking over my new bed. three years ago I think sharon tma gave me some mixed daylily seeds, this year 6 of them are blooming. my first seedlings here is # 2{{gwi:1281142}} #1 was orange each one seems to be a different color. what fun!!
    can't wait to get my dvds, whose am I getting? what is the mailing date for holy smoke? I have started on Angies cool sun hat, get ready Angie, my new weird hobby. hugs carol

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

{{gwi:1281143}}

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

There. Ending this 100 (plus a few) with this little Dianthus 'Rainbow Loveliness' that bloomed so well among big iris.

Today I wandered around outside, cried awhile, and listened to the trees talk to me in the wind.

Then I took a bunch of pictures.

Barb

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

Okay, since you begged...one more...a baby picture!!!

Guess who!

Baby with Agate Eyes

Barb