Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
galium_gw

July-Queen Of The Month ***galium***

galium
16 years ago

There is nothing quite like wishing myself a Happy Birthday. The best part is I get to pretend that I actually look like a Queen.

Glitter Text Graphics

{{gwi:1281165}}

Comments (31)

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday Mariann.

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday to you!
    I hope I didn't jump the gun, mailed your box off today - DC# 0307 0020 0000 8241 3952. Hope you enjoy!

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

mariann, i was all ready to start the thread for you. you beat me to it!

i LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE that dress. I would like to get my hands on that and wear it to the ren fair.

i'll be working on your box and hopefully not be as late as i was last month, i cut it so close to the end.

wishing you a joyous birthday !!!!

maryanne

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank You Maryanne, Sue and and rocky for the birthday wishes.

Sue you are quick........Yeah a present. I'm soooo excited.

Maryanne I wish I had known you were planning on starting a thread. It seemed a little strange starting one for myself.
    My mom took my daughter to that fair when my daughter was little. They had a great time.

Mariann

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received a wonderful box of birthday presents from Sue today.

She sent me 3 Tuscany prints, a Suet Basket and Nutty Seed Suet (my birds will love it) and a tube of Gardner's Hand Healer (my hands are looking pretty gnarly this time of the year). Also, my favorite, Lemon and Verbena Body Lotion from Bath and Body Works. In addition there were plants-purple Lisianthus, Fuchsia and three house plants (two of which are Crassula's-Jade Plant and the other I'm not sure of). Sue what is the other ferny plant? It's so delicate and lovely. There were two packets of copper plant markers with pens (thank you I really need these) and seeds Malope 'The Vulcan' (for my Sci-Fi garden I'm planning) and Dame's Rock. The one other item I just had to put outside and take a picture of.

Isn't she sweet-a little rabbit sitting among my impatiens.

Sue, once again you have overwhelmed me. I love everything. You've incorporated my favorites in every gift. The thought and care that you put into this present brings tears to my eyes. Thank you so much.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Oh I'm so happy you sent a picture of bunny! She was so scared flying all that way in that dark box. She looks very happy there. I told her she'd be happier in a place that's cooler than here - LOL. The other plant, I believe is a China Doll plant. Glad you liked what I sent.

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

OMG!! How cute is that Bunny!!!Adorable and looks right at home in your garden Mariann : ))

Mariann,Most Royal Queen.. I hope you are enjoying your reign.Your box went out today #01038555749085169712 so you should have it Monday I believe.

Well I better get back outside and watch my garden burn up some more : ( I water all the time but you should see the huge cracks where the ground is that never gets water.Hope we get rain soon or my garden will get even crispier looking than it already is and its already really bad looking!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
    Nancy

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nancy I'll be on the lookout for your present.

So many people are suffering through droughts. Nancy I hope you get rain soon. My cousin from WV told me that they hadn't had rain in over a month. I just count my blessings that we've had rain.

Have a great weekend
    Mariann

• snyder
    16 years ago

I'm sending galiums box today. Conf# is 0306 1070 0002 9248 6190 Ann (snyder)

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received a fantastic present box from Nancy today.

Nancy sent me a Cardinals Mug made by Canadian artisan Valerie Pfeiffer. It is beauteous I'll look forward to drinking my morning coffee out of it. I haven't heard of her but will keep my eye out for more of her work.

I also received Sparaxis bulbs-Harlequin Flowers and Pink Dream Glads. Don't have any Sparaxis and I love Glads. The lavender sachet is going right in my closet...
    I love the flower press. It's a Micro-Fleur flower press for use in the microwave. I don't have a flower press-heavy books don't count.LOL I'm really looking forward to using this.

Nancy thank you so much for your thoughtful birthday gifts I'll think of you whenever I use them or look at the flowers.

Hugs
    Mariann

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ann, I'll keep a lookout for your present thanks for letting me know.
    Mariann

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received Ann's (snyder) birthday presents today.

She sent me a box of Asian Green tea so I can wash down the Wheelies (choc. mint and choc. orange). Mint and chocolate together love the combo.

Also a terrific garden bag. The fabric has flowers and veggies; there are pockets all round the outside. Did you make this bag Ann? I love it. I usually use a plastic bag when I go up to my garden. I fill it with gloves, twine, stakes etc. it's a real pain. Look forward to using it every day.

Plus, a small mirror with a saying 'Hope is the one thing we have when all else fails'. Lily and perennial catalog, 3 magazines-Country Woman, Country Handcrafts and Backyard Makeovers. Also a book 'Plants Are Like People' haven't read it but I'm looking forward to it. Purple glads-favorite flower and favorite color and a Stand A Note with matching pen.

Thank you so much Ann I'll treasure all of your gifts and your thoughtfulness.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Mariann,
    Your Royal package has been mailed by priority! USPS #0307 0020 0004 7458 0279.

Enjoy!

Deb

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'll be on the look-out for the package Deb.

Just wanted to ask everyone to send warm thoughts and prayers to Ann (snyder). She's been dealing with a host of serious medical issues.

Mariann

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Prayers going out to Ann.Thanks for letting us know Mariann.

Mariann,You sre most welcome for the box.I had fun putting it together for you.Hope you enjoy your remaining reign as Queen ; )
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I wrote out this long message to Deb and it disappeared when I hit the wrong key. I hate when that happens. So here goes......

I received Deb's (debbya) birthday gifts today. Since there were Christmas items in the box it was like Christmas and a birthday all in one. Yeah........

Deb sent me three books, you know I love to read especially gardening books. There was 'Beds and Borders', 'A Christmas To Remember' and 'The Easiest Flowers To Grow' plus a 'Crafters Porch and Garden' magazine. These should keep me busy for a while.

Two Christmas ornaments, one was a large iridescent ball and the other a ribbon pine cone. I've always wanted to make one of those I love them. Plus a floral night light so I won't get scared of the dark. Think I'm kidding?? Not..

Also a magnetized Santa note pad, 2 perennials-Bronze Ajuga and a succulent. Lastly, a cute little round painted container filled with seeds. Scabiosa, Foxglov, Datura, Bee Balm, Ganzania, Amaranth, Verbena, Buttercup Daisy, Ladybells, Castor Beans, Pumpkin and Horehound. Whew, that's a lot of seeds.

Deb, thank you so much for for the great box. With everything you sent I'll be able to think of you all year round.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

Mariann,

I know you probably won't believe that I am getting a box out on time, but your box is in the mail.

Ginger

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ginger-Yeah a present....I'll keep a look out for the box.

I had a great birthday yesterday. I treated myself to a $1.00 scratch off lottery ticket and I won $2.00. Hey, a buck is a buck. Then, my doctors office had a month's supply of samples of one of my meds. Would have cost me $60.00.

In the afternoon I took a short nap. When I woke up my DH told me that my SIL called, from work, to wish me happy birthday. For a moment I was stunned....Oh yeah-my daughter did get married almost 2 months ago. My DH and daughter fixed dinner for me-barbecued spare ribs, corn and a huge salad.

Then there were presents and cake. I did hear from my two sisters. Naturally my brother was MIA. I need to whoop-him-up-side-the-head. All in all it turned out to be a relaxing day surrounded by people I love.

TO ME

Mariann

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received Ginger's (ggwrn) birthday box today. I loved everything..

She sent me a Goldfinch Thistle Sock feeder, 2 pkts. of glass bead for jewelry making and an adorable Butterfly Candle Lantern. Also a daylily that I don't have 'Route 66' and I have just the place to plant it. There was a collapsible bird feeder and lastly a wonderful little froggie sitting on a rock.
    {{gwi:1281169}}

Isn't he cute?? Thank you so much Ginger for everything I'm really touched by your gifts.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I also received Debbie's (debbie_sw_ok) box today. It was really a surprise because I didn't know it was coming. Of course, I love surprises.

Debbie sent me the most adorable little Tera Cotta Bird feeder. I can paint it before I put it together. My birds are going to love this. In addition an Antique Copper Butterfly Thermometer it's lovely. There was a collection of clear and iridescent Czech glass beads-roundels, cubes, drops and 8mm faceted beads. Plus a decorated Faux Garden Rock which is now sitting in my shade garden.
    {{gwi:1281172}}

Debbie, thank you for everything. I'm looking forward to putting all of your gifts around my gardens. Except for the beads....LOL You have been in my thoughts and I hope you're doing well.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

mariann, happy birthday.

i'm working on things here - fast, rough month and now i'm "infested" with poison ivy. tough to do anything at all.

i'll get it out before the month ends.

maryanne

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne-sorry to hear about the poison ivy. You must be feeling miserable.

Mariann

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Just checking in to see how Queen Mariann's reign is going.Oh my Mariann you have received some very nice things from your loyal subjects.Hope your month has been super special for you : )

Oh noo Maryanne..not poison ivy!! That is sheer torture.I still have scars on my feet from when I got into a patch over 10 years ago! Hope you are itch free soon.

Enjoy the rest of your reign Queen Mariann : ))
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• monipsych
    16 years ago

Hope you are feeling better! I know your plight as I get PI just from how the wind blows and always end up on steroids to get rid of it. Hang in there!
    Monica

• monipsych
    16 years ago

Put your package in the mail on Friday, I don't have the DC handy but will post it if I need to on Monday or Tuesday. Hope you enjoy!
    Monica

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

mariann, box packed and ready to go first thing in the morning. i'll post confirmation later.

sorry to have been so late, but life just got too far ahead of me. i'm certainly glad we have a break for the next couple of months.

sorry i missed your actual birthday, my thoughts were with ya!

maryanne

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Monica and Maryanne I'll be on the look out for for your boxes.
    Thanks,
    Mariann

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received a bottomless box of presents from Monica today. Monica I had so much fun taking everything out. You sure do know how to pack a box.

Firstly, there were two novels that I haven't read. I'm never without a book to read! Then came the candle making supplies-Tea Light Cups, a Stacking Candle Set, Floating Candle Mold, Scents (Paradise Breeze and Spiced Pumpkin) and Candle Wicking. I called my daughter (Carol) to tell her because we make candles together. She was just as excited as I was.

Also a pair of heavy duty garden pruners with cushion grips. I love these Monica can't wait to put them to use. There was a packet of thank you cards (always need these), Fimo butterfly and dragonfly slice and bake (what fun!), a container of beads and jewelry findings, 2 packages of plant markers (forever running out of those) and a bag of Lemonade Hard Candy (which I can suck on while reading the books you sent).

Had to post a picture of the 3 cute animal garden ornaments: Rabbit, Squirrel and a Doggy
    {{gwi:1281173}}

The endless box continues with Dutch Iris Bulbs, Gladiola Corms and Mixed Oriental Lilies and 2 flower plant diffusers (they are so pretty). I also received an incredible selection of seeds: Morning Glories, Cosmos Daydream, Peony Poppy, Verbena, Gaillardia, California Poppy, Poppy-Fluffy Ruffles, Milkweed, Cosmos Picotee, Tomato San Mazano, Tomato Mrs. Maxwell's Big Italian, Rutgers, Eggplant and Gourds.

Monica, thank you for everything. You really went over my Questionnaire with a fine tooth comb. I am touched by your thoughtfulness and I love all your gifts.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• monipsych
    16 years ago

I'm glad you enjoyed everything. I loved shopping for it. :)
    Monica

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received Maryanne's birthday box today.

I'm sitting here, at my PC, trying to write this thank you and in the background, playing, is the Josh Groban CD Maryanne sent me. I actually have chills.......His voice is enthralling. Thank you so much for sending me this wonderful music. I'm finding it hard to concentrate.

Maryanne sent me 4 Irises 'Honey Gold', 'Study In Black', 'Granny's Garnet' and 'Pretty Blue Sue' I love irises and don't have that many. She also sent me Montbretias Mix, Sesame Bread sticks and Smokey Mozzarella Cheese Swirls which I'm going to munch on during dinner. One of my orchids will be very happy in the new ceramic orchid pot. I also received a comprehensive Mosaic book called 'Mosaic Sourcebook'. What a terrific book!

Maryanne, thank you for everything and the card. I love all of your thoughtful gifts.

Hope you are feeling better,
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

mariann, glad you enjoyed the items i sent. i just adore josh grobin and that voice does give one chills. he was blessed with such an absolutely amazing voice.

i hope the book gives you some ideas. your q said you were making stepping stones, and this book had some amazing project ideas in it - way beyond stepping stones.

the granny and sue iris were named by moi. the other two are what they are :-)

enjoy and it's been a pleasure being your loyal subject for this month, albeit late.

boy am i glad that we are on hiatus for the next two (?) months!

maryanne