Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

update: obf photos - new

sandlapper_rose
16 years ago

I am starting a new section because of the length of the other one.

Here is a picture of my Yellow Lollipop daylily. You can see how full the plant is and how full of blooms! It has only been in this location for one year.

Comments (24)

• skohler
    16 years ago

we must have opening a new one at the same time HEHEHE
    thats ok lots of room now :)) .

susie

• dancingmoons
    16 years ago

Hello to all!
    We are busy painting the outside of the house, I didnt realize it would be such a big job!!, Especially having to scrape it and "prime" it first before putting on the new paint!! whew!
    Here is a pic of the front of the house, we are painting the white primer over the old green paint...

Some mixed roses:

My favorite Astilbe!

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!!...I hope to be able to join in the next swap!! Blue skies to all!! Trish/Dancingmoons
  • sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You got me curious - what color are you going to paint your house? That sure does look like a big project!
    Beautiful astilbe. I have never tried growing that.
    (Take plenty of breaks to cool off while you are painting...)

• dancingmoons
    16 years ago

~~ I just love Astilbe! I have two of the same color...I have tried other colors but they never made it throught he winter :( I just realized a few weeks ago, that i lost my "dotted mint" bee balm, my daughter bought me last year, so i am sad about that, it was very pretty pastels...It was my only bee balm too....Oh well...
    Here is a close up of the new/old paint together...We are still staying with a green color, but this has a hint of blue and will be brighter, but hopefully not too bright!!

Not sure about the trim color right now, DH is thinking about something in a blue, but we shall see...I will post pictures of our progress :)
    Blue Skies!
    Trish

• dancingmoons
    16 years ago

ok...so here is the new paint on part of the front!..Still so far to go though, painting trim etc.....

• shadymeadow
    16 years ago

I love the color you are painting your house!! It brightens everything up. Even makes your flowers stand out more.

Sandy

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Trish,
    It looks great. It really is a change for the better : )
    Remy

• veeja11
    16 years ago

a couple of my dirt piles have been turned into my first planting beds #1{{gwi:1281263}} #2
    {{gwi:1281265}} #3
    {{gwi:1281268}}
    still got lawn and garden area to spread dirt for. it is in the 80's I want rain

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Carol,
    Good work! Those beds are going to be fantastic looking once you start getting those plants growing there.

These are from the bulbs that Deb gave me last month. They popped up and started growing like gangbusters.

Here's a LA lily.
    {{gwi:1281270}}

This is the asiatic lily, Lollipop.

Have a goodnight everyone,
    Remy

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Carol your beds are going to look awesome! I can't wait to see them later!

Remy (or Deb) What is that? I love it! Omg, I want some! Also, gotta have me some Lollipop, both are gorgeous, but that one I just loved.

Love seeing all of them
    Sassy

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi Sassy,
    I hope you had a nice weekend.
    I never grew them before, but they are pretty neat! They are Oxalis. I forget which variety but I did a quick search and I think it is Iron Cross. They might be winter hardy where you live.
    Happy 4th of July,
    Remy

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Thanks Remy, I had a wonderful and relaxing weekend, love it there. I have to find me some of this, I just love it!
    Thanks for the info!

Sassy

• veeja11
    16 years ago

nICE LEGS ON THE GUY ON THE LADDER. whoops cap lock was on. hugs carol

• bigmama4ever
    16 years ago

its very hot, but these like it

• skohler
    16 years ago

Just a few of my new bloomers to share with you all .

PEACOCK MAIDEN
    {{gwi:1281275}}

OPEN HEARTH
    {{gwi:1281276}}

FUDGE SUNDAE

ALL FIRED UP

Here is a link that might be useful: MY DAYLILY ALBUM

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I really like 'All Fired Up.' I'll have to keep that in mind if I do some shopping - or win a contest... LOL!

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Here is a couple of my daylily I took today
    Potter's Clay

Chicago Star

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Nice daylilies Susie and Annie!

Where are Maryanne's pics?!!

Here's Ming Porcelain from Maryanne last year. The color got a bit washed out in the pic. Hopefully I get a better one.

Here's one of my favorites Siloam Gumdrop.

I followed Susie's idea and put all my photos of lilies and daylilies that have bloomed so far in to one photobucket album.
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Lily and Daylily album

• dancingmoons
    16 years ago

~~ Kimberly, I hope you see this post!...Here are two of the lillies you sent to me they are blooming beautifully, with lots of buds getting ready to open! Dummy me forgot to label them when i planted them..."I will do it later" I told myself, and well later.....Anyway, maybe you can ID them for me, or anyone else can!! I just love them!! thank you again!!
    White lilly

Red Lilly

Blue Baloon flower

Blue Skies to all!! Trish
  • raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Nice pictues everyone! Here is FireStorm

Keep the pics coming, I really enjoy seeing them all.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Here is a couple of my lost tag ones, and April, if you are seeing this. This is the daylily that I sent you that is unknown.

I do like the this one, and for the life of me I wish I could remember who they are. I have others I need to post in hopes that someone will reconize them.

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

This finally bloomed today!

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Annie,
    Very nice! That Firestorm is a real looker. I love the spidery types.

Trish,
    The lilies look great especially for more recent plantings. I don't know where Kim is, but I'm guessing the white one is Casa Blanca and the other one is Stargazer.
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Pink Peppermint

Scatterbrain

Liquid Sunshine

Lake Norman Spider

Eskimo Kisses

Sings The Blues

Jo Barbre

Shirley