Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

UPDATE: Christmas in June... Continuation!

Debra Andruska
15 years ago

Hi,

My box from Regina arrived!

Regina sent Raspberry bliss salad sprizer, 2 spoon kit ornament sets, plant spray bottle, variegated arrow plant, 2- Carolyn Whorton tubers, 2 lizard plant ties, hand lotion, foot brush, 'mod' hanging blue windchime? ;)

Plant labels, seeds, mints, and a green stick (I have no idea what it is) dipped in wax?

Thanks Regina for a great box! This really was such a fun swap, Dan!

Deb

Comments (33)

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

keep those updates coming ladies!

and Everyone have a FANTASTIC WARM WEEKEND!!!

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hello Carol and everyone, I recieved a wonderful package from Carol (veeja11). She sent a wonderful angel bell, a beautiful fairy plant stake, a hillarious grow kit of a pig that grows grass hair ( I love this!!!), an adorable Noel wreath for the door with an angel sitting inside, a very large day lily plant, and the cutest cuddlely creature with grasping hands (my grandson immediatedly took). Thank you very much for a wonderful Christmas box, Sonja

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

My boxes went out today! Will post the DC#s shortly :)

~Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

KEWL!!!

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Papohion you box was finally mailed, hope you like it conf # 03070020000172910798. sorry for being so late. glad I got it there before christmas. great swap Dan. you made a great santa.
    carol

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ok dan and linda your boxes went out today
    dc dan 03040370000087071312
    dc linda03040370000087071282
    ok i knew i one day they would actually go out!! LOL

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Just a quickie update :)

I just tracked both boxes I mailed out earlier this week and it shows they were both delivered today! So Deb and Regina should have my boxes to open today :)

Thanks to Dan and all the participants for such a fun swap!
    ~Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

that's okay Medo, we knew they would too...."G"

• medontdo
    15 years ago

LOL sorry it took so long!! they're a little light on the stuff side and heavy on the plant side!! LOL i'm sending another set. don't worry!! LOL the plants all went in one box and the i have to go to the store when he gets his day off again!! LOL YIPPEE!! i love them!! mom and them took up my free time, although it don't sound that bad, ummm how do ya say?? i spent all my free time with mom and them!! LOL that's more like it!! LOL geeze, i gotta get better with my wording! my mom justs looks at me and says geez medo ya'd think 30 some years later ya'd get better! thank goodness we all know how ya are or one could really get offended! and of course thats when the big hug comes in and i say i know mom i just love ya so much!!! you are so awesome!!

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My box from Wendy arrived today.

In it was~ wooden plaque, wind spiral, hummingbird nectar mix, Leprechaun plant hanger, Christmas 'windmill' and wintermint gum, snail pot stick, tomato soup candle, frog pot hanger, butterfly windchime, silver bucket, seeds!

Thanks Wendy for such a nice package! This was such a fun swap!

Hugs,
    Deb

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Got my box from Wendy today....and it was totally Awesome!

Inside was a Christmas card followed by an adorable Christmas box with a candle votive.Some gi-normous gumballs shaped like eggs.Plant flag stake,and a snail plant stake,and a whirlygig. A cute butterfly windchime,some hummer food,strawberry bodybody,mmmmmmm,smells so good. A wooden Santa Decor,A apple cinnimon candle smells yummy, lots of Pkgs of seeds. and a pair of garden snipes! Thanks you so much Wendy! What a wonderful box!

And Thanks to Dan for making this all happen (((HUGS)))

Regina

• medontdo
    15 years ago

YAY!! those boxes sound awesomely cool!! especially the candles and the strawberry!! LOL Way to go Wendy!! :'))
    Dan you did a great thing here!! this was awesomely fun!! :')) and fun to watch!!
    let me know how mine came if everything turns out alright, if orgot to take into consideration about the hot weather. and don't worry, i have more babies!! LOL (((rethinking how i sent them, LOL)))

• paphiocon
    15 years ago

Veeja, thank you! I checked on USPS and saw that the package was delivered this morning, so I called home to make sure. I'll open it when I get home and post a proper "thank you" when I'm back online tomorrow.

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wendy,
    The Campbell's Soup Tomato candle smells yummy! I lit it today and love the scent, my kids laughed and said for me to make a can of soup instead.. they had a taste for it! ;)
    It's so hot today, 91*, I can't even think of weeding. More severe storms are expected, then the temp drops in the lower 70's! Can't wait for it to cool off a little. My poor garden can do without the storms though.

Deb

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

LOL I thought it was perfect since you emailed me asking for tomatoes tomatoes tomatoes! lol :)

~Wendy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

hey there Medo, we knew they'd get sent out, and there's no need for you to send a second box. one is plenty my dear little elf! LOL!!!

and Wendy, those boxes you sent sound great! where did you get the tomato soup scented candle? that's just cool! I couldn't have one in the house though, I'd be making soup and grilled-cheese sandwiches every day!

hohohohoho!!!

thanks Ladies, for making my first hosting a great one!!! if you want to sit in my lap in the pool in the July swap, that'll be okay! just don't tell diene! for some reason she keeps trying to make me behave!!! hasn't she watched Bad Santa, with Billy Bob Thornton???

THANKS AGAIN LADIES, YOU'RE ALL A TERRIFIC BUNCH!!!

(I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts, lovely bunch of coconuts, a lovely bunch of coconuts, I've got a .....)

• medontdo
    15 years ago

the first one only has plants in it, my winter sown babies. so i didn't have room for the other stuff. for how i packed it. man this weather!! hey my daughter is turning brownish on me!! LOL did i tell ya she grew 2" i think!! ya know i read that they put rebar with their tomatoes so when the storms come in the lightning comes in it somehow energizes them tomatoes. well i think them storms do that to her!! LOL cuz last night she wasn't that tall now this morning she is a little taller and i think a little skinnier!! her pants are looser and shorter. of course she didn't leave them on!! Hugs Medo

• paphiocon
    15 years ago

Wow, Carol -- when I opened your box, I found an embarrassment of riches!

A plant marked 'Raspberry Ice'-- is this Heuchera?

Seeds!!!!
    Hibiscus ÂHeleneÂ
    Balsam ÂRed & Pink MixÂ
    Cal. White Alba Poppy
    Echinacea ÂRuby StarÂ
    Zinnia ÂCandy Cane MixÂ
    Sunflower ÂChianti HybridÂ
    Marigold ÂSnowdriftÂ

Garden gloves (Thanks!), plant markers & pen, wild blackberry preserves (homemade!), American Flag flasher, a little red lobster (my dog and my cat covet this), decorative kitchen towel, lavender & lilac scented bath things, Christmas pens, a tube vase, garden-themed note pads, a "green" bumper sticker, and Christmas bow earrings.

Santa Dan, I do think that everyone fulfilled your requirement to have a bodacious good time.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

my box from Medo arrived today just stuffed full of plants...I must have been a really good girl!!.."L"
    Here's what was inside:
    Fragarant Nicatiana
    perfume Nicatiana
    Kentuck Wisteria (2)
    triple dautra
    swirl dautra
    hosta
    jack in the box marigold
    German Chamomille
    fern
    false solomon seal
    grandfloria

I have all these wonderful goodies sitting in their own "hot tub"..which consists of a large bowl, water and some sun. They seem to be enjoying it and perking right up!

Thanks Medo, I can't wait to plant!!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

were they ok when they got there?? i was really worried about that!! the one's all grouped together was ws, and i thought, i'd send them to ya so ya could see how "fun" it is to pull them babies apart, but also how great the roots are!! they woulda been longer except i put them in a smaller jug!! LOL
    the shinier wisteria is the ws one. i might have gotten them mixed up, talla was helping. and uhhhh well ya know, LOL
    she wanted to send the other side of one flat, which was cool, except it wasn't ready, she wasn't happy about that, LOL she's definately a giver!!! LOL many Hugs Medo :')) P.S. i like w.s in flats better or ummm cells, much easier to get out!! LOL

• medontdo
    15 years ago

hey dan, did they turn out ok?? did ya like the one's i sent?? i hope so!! Hugs Medo

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

yep, they were okay when they got here. I'm just giving them some PA air and sunshine before I pop them in the ground.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ohhhhh thank goodness!! i usually send them like that, but then i got to thinking, hmmmm what about the heat??? hmmm what if they turn up like slime?? ya know all that second guessing stuff!! LOL i do it every time, LOL **** just a laughing now**** WHEW!! now i can rest PA air hmmm i want some!! is it not humid?? LOL ok so this is what i did, i got all of my seeds that i didn't plant this winter and i put them all in a bowl, yes i actually did that.!!! I then mixed them altogether and asked my tabor to take them out, where he then took it upon himself to put it in the 12x36 bed, only his idea of it was to do it in a single spread!! i'm like freaking!! only trying VERY hard not to show it!! as this "mix" has ALL of my columbines, foxgloves, his sunflowers, cosmos, zinnias, and a few of his others, my lily mix and some other odds and inns. that wasn't done. so i thought what did come up and i didn't want there i'd put somewhere else. ya know that type of thing.
    also i was pulling some weeds away from my tomatoes and i found a sucker that had grown its own roots!! so i took it off and planted it, how awesomely cool was that??!@!! Hugs Medo

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

now, that's weird. usps.com says my package was delivered this morning, but I didn't get it. I'll check with my mailman in the morning. he may have put the key to the package locker in the wrong box. I'll let you tomorrow what happens..... -dan

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ok, i know, i was checking it out!! i have them let me know when its delivered. LOL i cheat!!! LOL :'))

• medontdo
    15 years ago

its sat for goodness sake!! doesn't anyone have anything better to do than go out an work in the garden?? LOL you should be checking out what everyone is doing!! LOL jk did ya get it??? dan???!!!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"listening to echos bounce off the halls"..I think Dan has left the building..."L"

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ohh my!! LOL my old fashioned petunia has bloomed when i wasn't looking!! so pretty!! let me see if she will let me take a pic!! LOL {{gwi:1281614}}
    this is my burgandy hollyhock, i thought it was nigra, i was wrong, LOL
    {{gwi:1281615}}
    this is my mandeviella dont remember the name,
    {{gwi:1281616}}
    sweet william i got in one of my rr swaps, i think ohhhh i can't remember exactly who gave it to me, except i reallllly liked them!! and i thought they were the sweetest!!! LOL
    {{gwi:1281617}}
    winter sown nastaturium sp
    {{gwi:1281619}}
    winter sown five spot
    {{gwi:1281621}}
    winter sown sweet pea, with my palm tree baby!! LOL
    {{gwi:1281623}}
    winter sown "blue" larkspur
    {{gwi:402627}}
    thems all the blooms i have as of yet, LOL i just love them so far!! LOL next year everything will be in place and i will be so much happier!! LOL Hugs Medo :'))

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Hey! I went to work today and got my box from Medo! My mailman put the key for the parcel locker in the wrong mailbox, we have a lot of duplicate numbers here in this trailer park. It was filled with a bunch of really cool plants and seeds, and it's now breathing the Michigan air on my back steps. I'd go get it so I could list everything Medo sent, but I woke up at 3am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, then had to get up to go to work at 7, so I'm feeling a little exhausted at the moment.
    After work, I went to the local farm market and bought some salt-n-pepper shakers made from willow, some millet, some hollyhocks, and some foxglove. Then, I went to an iris farm and ordered some irises. I'm gonna have to go back though, I only made it through the first 8 acres. Each rhizome is $5.50, no matter what the color, so I bought a bunch. Here's what I got today... Titan's Glory, Swingtown, Merlot, Queen of Angels, Isn't This Something, Dazzling Gold, Tempting Fate, and American Classic. I'll be able to pick them up in a couple of months, then I'll have them in MY garden, where they can spread AND be crossbred! That'll be cool!!!

Michele, THANK YOU for such a wonderful box!!! I'm going to plant it all in the same area of my garden, and call it Medo's Mini-Meadow! LOL!!!

===========================================================

And so Ladies, that brings us to an end for this swap. THANK YOU for making my first hosting a fun and interesting one!!! I hope you all enjoyed it like I did!!!
    -(Santa) Dan

• medontdo
    15 years ago

your very welcome!! i hope they sprout very well for you!! they are all winter sown!! :')) i hope they didn't fry!! we had LOTS of funn picking out what to send ya!! :')) 1 more swap to do and then i'm out for a bit, till the weather cools and i get all my plants planted. :')) or i get some sold!! HEE HEE now that'd be awesomely cool!!
    also.....a huge thank you Dan for this awesome swap dan!! this was so cool!! i met a few people i havent met befor and a few christians i didn't know of!! how cool is that??!! LOL and getting two boxes instead of one?? LOL my kiddo's were so happy!! ya'd of thought it was them in the swap instead of me!! LOL well they practically are, well, talla, LOL she picks the flwers, and tabor helps with the colors sometimes :')) LOL but mostly her!!!

• suze62
    15 years ago

Medo,
    I would be so greatful if you would save me some of you burgandy hollyhock seed. I lost my pretty pink one this year and a beautiful zebrina hollyhock as well :(
    Later I will have yellow and pink 4 oclocks & hosta seed I could trade ya. All of you bloomers look great...

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i would be more than happy to save ya some, just remind me to send ya some!! LOL and i'll try to leave myself a note somewhere!! LOL and thank you so much!! they are just so beautifull!! i cant' wait to get all of my other one's going!! LOL i want some doubles and such that are light colored for the hummingbird garden. that would be really nice!! :'))

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ok i got this off the winter sowing forum on the conversations side haven't tried it YET LOL but you can bet your bottom dollar i will be!! LOL hmm wonder if i can mix it with some stuff and spray it on talla if it will last for a few days, she will be minty fresh!! LOL
    New Use For Listerine

I was at a deck party awhile back, and the mosquitoes were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons disappeared.

The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes. And voila! That worked as well. It worked at a picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the children's swing area, and the standing water nearby.

I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors. It works! In fact, it killed them instantly. I bought my bottle from Target and it cost me $1.89. It really doesn't take much, and it is a big bottle, too; so it is not as expensive to use as the can of spray you buy that doesn't last 30 minutes.

So, try this, please. It will last a couple of days. Don't spray directly on a wood door (like your front door), but spray around the frame. Spray around the window frames, and even inside the dog house. During the summer, I don't leave home without it.....

Pass it on.....all your friends will appreciate the information.
    Medo