Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iheartroscoe

UPDATE: Incredible Edibles July Swap

iheartroscoe
15 years ago

Please post here when your package is mailed to your partner or when you receive your goodies from your partner!

Comments (69)

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

I recieved my package from gardenkitteh! Included was:
    Black Aztec Sweet Corn
    Round Black Spanish Radish
    Black Pearl Pepper
    GH Huckleberry
    Black Japanese Futsu Squash
    Cherokee Trail of Tears Black Bean
    A Black Cherry Rose Cutting
    A Black scrunchie garden hat to hold my long hair
    and a bunch of extra herb and veggie seeds!
    What cool black seeds! This was so much fun!Thanks Diane! Cannot wait till next time! Christy

• gardenkitteh
    15 years ago

Okay, Christy (bonechickchris) is the most awesome partner EVER!

I think she denuded her garden to send me things. She also must have knocked up over a seed supply store. That is the only way that she could afford all of these seeds! I am impressed, and honored that she turned to crime to complete this swap, if I am a little frightened of her now.

She sent me a cutting for a pink lemon tree, four black russian tomato plants, lime basil

As for the seeds: She sent me:
    Blue Curled scotch heirloom kale
    Blue banana squash
    Blue solaize leeks
    Romanesco Brocoflower
    Di Ciccio Broccoli
    Aunt rubies green tomatoes
    Apple green eggplant
    Blue podded peas
    Hilds blue winter radish
    green stripe eggplant
    Red bunching onions
    White wonder cucumbers
    Lemon basil
    cinnamon basil
    Early Sweet Sugar Pie Pumpkin
    White Bush scallop squash
    And a whole bunch of others that I will add later, because I don't remember where i put them.

*smiles*

Seriously, Christy is the best partner anyone could ever want.

Did I mention I got a nifty little seed planting thing?

• iheartroscoe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I received my package from southerncharm1/Kathy today!

It included these seeds:
    Dill
    Purple and Green basil
    Zucchini - Burpee's fordhook
    Lettuce - Burpee's looseleaf mixture
    Cucumber - Bush Champion
    Garden Beans - Gourmet mix
    Tomato - Purple Calabash
    And these garden related items:
    Plant labels (which I needed!!)
    A green shovel and green weed rake (I don't know the correct name, sorry! :))
    Green gloves
    A nifty green bag for my veggie harvest!
    And a nice little garden plaque.

I don't think I missed anything!

Thank you so much Kathy!

• daphne16
    15 years ago

I am sorry I am so late posting.
    I recieved my package from Becky (booberry85) on Thursday. What a great surprise! Thanks Becky.
    She sent me
    Sweet yellow peppers
    Juan Canary melon
    lemon cucumber
    delicata squash
    Blue lake bush beans
    Blue hubbard squash
    Golden Gleam Nastrium
    Buttercup Squash
    Long Island Mammath Dill
    Pencil Pod Black Wax beans
    Golden Cross Bantam
    I planted both types of beans, the blue hubbard squash and delicata squash as soon as I got home on Thursday night. Now I just need to find room for everything else.
    I can't wait to try all of these. I can just picture a blue and yellow garden.
    Thanks again Becky,
    Daphne

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

You're very welcome Heather! I was hoping I got something that you needed! :) Enjoy!

Can't wait to hear what everyone else got! This was so much fun!!!

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Daphne, I'm glad to here that you dashed out & planted! I planted the kale yesterday. I have one more section (of the expansion) to put in. That might be the purple bean section!

• iheartroscoe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'll be planting the lettuce soon for a Fall crop. It hasn't been very warm here anyway. On a good day it gets up to 80 degrees. It's been in the 70's and 50's at night. I hope my watermelons produce fruit!

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

I received my package today from Heather/Iheartroscoe!!!

Danver Carrots
    Golden Hubbard Squash
    Tendersweet Watermelon
    Hi-Beta Gold Hybrid Squash
    Tequila Sunrise Peppers
    St. Valery Carrots
    Turkish Orange Eggplant (I didn't know these came in ORANGE! lol)
    Amana Orange Tomatoes

WOW! Thank you very much Heather! I can't wait to get them planted!!! :)

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

I need Grovespirit's address if any one has it! Thanks, Amy

• iheartroscoe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Is there anyone still waiting to mail or receive a package?

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Me and Me LOL!

• iheartroscoe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm waiting to receive a package from nikkineel.

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Heather, Your package is in the mail. I sent it UPS; Tracking number 1ZR076A20344392925; The esimated arrival date is Monday. I am sorry I am sending them late. I thought this was a July swap (DUH). I didn't realize the seeds were supposed to arrive before July. I'm such a blonde this month... I teach school and this summer I have been in graduate school fulltime. Yuk

Anyway, I received a wonderful assortment of seeds from Heather last week
    She sent:
    Purple Tomatillo
    Purple russian tomato
    Purple beauty pepper
    Plum purple radish
    Purple Dark Opal Basil
    Cosmic Purple Carrot (Who knew?!?)
    Royalty Purple Pod Bean
    Early purple vienna kohlrabi

Heather, you did an awesome job finding some very unique seeds. I can wait to watch them grow!
    Nikki

• iheartroscoe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Nikki! I'm glad you enjoyed the seeds!

I'll post here when the seeds arrive :)

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Iris,
    Your package is going out Monday, sorry I'm slow moving this month. Hope you enjoy! Amy

Happy 4th of July Everyone! I just love this Day! Take care, Amy

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Good morning, Nancy and I have been in contact on a regular basis and we are both running late. Nancy, your confirmation number was sent in a private email but I will also post it here.

0305 0830 0004 1755 5686

I enjoyed trying to get it together. It was definately a challenge. I hope you enjoy it. Sonja

• iheartroscoe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I received my package from Nikki!

It included...
    Royal Burgundy Beans
    Flying Saucer Squash
    Eggplant Mixture
    Purple Basil
    Dark Opal Purple Basil
    Spaghetti Squash
    Jubilee Tomato
    Purplehull peas
    Purple Top Turnip

And it included plant markers and a cute purple photo album!

Thanks Nikki!

• booberry85
    15 years ago

I just love reading about the goodies people got! Looks like there's quite a few purple people out there!

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Iris,
    Sorry I just mailed your package today, Had company in town and I had planned on mailing Monday but was delayed. Hope you enjoy! Amy

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

I am pretty sure my partner has forgotten about me and the trade LOL.
    It has been 3 weeks since I have heard from her. I have since sent 2-3 e-mails and have gotten no respoonse.

Oh well...

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Sunnyk-Did you look up her user name yet on rate and review? Please take a look. So sorry it didn't turn out as you expected, please say that you didn't send out anything yet... I'd hate for one of my girls to get burnt! She'll be the first on the bad trade list for the group. I see no other option from the looks of her rate and review thread. I'm so sorry Sunny.

Has everyone else received their packages on this trade?

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Sunny, I know your partner was having trouble with a neighborhood girl taking things out of her mailbox. Check out the link below.

You may want to check out this thread too. It has her email address in it.
    http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/exseed/con061255348510.html?15

Here is a link that might be useful: Something Fishy going on - Mail

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

I haven't received from my pal yet, but she and I have been traveling and I think it may be on its way to me.

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

After our initial correspondence, I did happen to see her rate and review. I also was aware of her blaming her neighbour girl for taking the packages. ;)
    The only thing I havent seen yet is a resolution for the people who are waiting on their stuff. That thread about her problems ends June 27th and her rate and review ends on the 28th, I would figure by now something could have been done ,as she stated her neighbour was returning most of the things taken. :(
    I feel badly for her, but this started before she signed up for the July Swap. I hope she can get all of her problems straightened out.

Oh, and no I did not send her anything. After she sent me her addy, my next e-mail sent got no reply. I got leary then and did the rate and review and got an eye opener. I e-mailed her again to tell her that once I recieved a package from her end, I would immediately send one out. I have sent her 1 or 2 emails since, and nothing, so nope my bubbly is still witing to go LOL!

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

And also...
    Thanks guys for your help in this. I knew something like this could happen, and being able to talk to you here, and thru e-mails has helped a ton :)

I have a SASBE someone sent me that I filled and sent out and I think never got to their end as I never got a conformation e-mail, so I know stuff happens. Thats why I am not mad or anything, I just wish she would have replied to my e-mails LOL!

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Hi Sunny,

I was just lurking on the Rate & Review forum. It does look like Musicaldeity fell off the radar the end of June. I posted earlier because I had read her saga with the neighbor girl on the Seed Exchange/ Conversations forum. I'm sorry it seems you got skunked.

• iheartroscoe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sunny, I'm glad you didn't send anything out first! I'm still open for a swap if you'd like, since you didn't get anything in this one.

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi everyone, We are finally getting a little RAIN!!!!!!! It has been so long but we are finally getting some storms over the past two days. They only last 5 to 10 minutes but our area really needs the water. I hope everyone is doing well. Take care, Sonja

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

We get spurts of down pours, then nothing for a few days. It's so hot the wet doesn't last long, have to be really careful that the garden doesn't get too dry. It's aggravating to say the least, I like to be in a routine and I can't with it like this. Maybe it will even out soon, and you guys get enough to keep your gardens going. :)

Sunny, I'm happy to hear that you didn't get burnt on the deal! :) Hopefully you and Heather can work out a trade! :)

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Jeanne, I am so sorry your package is late, no excuses here besides me. It is coming to you on Monday.

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi Nancy and all, I was getting worried about your package but the tracking "thingy" stated they tried to deliever on the 10th so hopefully you got it today. I worry about the plants in all this heat. Take care and hope the plants made it alright. Sonja

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

Hi all,

I mailed Amy's package by the deadline. However, today the package I mailed was returned to me by the PO. Several of its contents were missing, too. :(

I guess the bubble envelope I mailed was not securely sealed. It came un-taped somehow in transit. The postal service returned it to me with a note apologizing that the item had been damaged in shipping.

I am going to re-mail my trade to Amy, in a cardboard box this time! Will post here when it has been re-sent.

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Good morning everyone, Would you like to know what happens when you get too busy and try to rush an exchange? You get me!!!!!! I sent live plants in the colors instead of seeds. Sorry Nancy, I guess I was off in never land and didn't know what I was doing. Take care, Sonja

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

ROFLMBO!!!

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Thanks for the offer iheartroscoe , but as it is so close to the August swap, I am just going to wait for the next swap to start . Thanks for offering though :)!

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Grovespirit,
    Just checking to make sure that you received your package that should have arrived last week? Hope you liked it? Amy

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Hi ALL, I am sorry it took me so long to come and report what I got. Finally got a chance.

I received from Sonja (Happyseed)

Black Beauty Eggplant
    Yellow Crookneck Squash
    Purple Ruffled Basil
    Another Basil, I could not make out the tag, sorry
    Orange Mint
    Chocolate Mint

All LIVE plants.

Thank YOU Sonja!

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

I'm a little worried about Iris, I have not heard from her and hope she received her goodies. Please let me know if anyone hears anything. Thanks, Amy

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

bump

• iheartroscoe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I haven't heard anything, either. Did you receive the package she mailed you, Amy?

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

iheartroscoe,
    No I did not receive the package from Grovespirit and I never heard if you liked her package from me? Amy

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Sorry to say but I have not received my swap from pixiesluvplants. I tried to e-mail her earlier in the week to see if the package was lost. She is my swap partner in another Round Robin swap so she may just be planning to send both swaps in one package, which is fine with me... I told her to do that in order to save on postage. I sure hope she is okay.
    Jeanne

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Amy, apparently Iris lost internet connection due to construction in her neighborhood, she posted on *Cleaning out the seedbox swap* I believe yesterday. Maybe you could try to email her again.

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

I received my package today from pixiesluvplants. Thanks so much, Trina. Trina sent me a "zillion" packets of seeds. She was my partner in another July swap also so I have no idea how to list what is specifically for this swap, so I will just name a few of the seeds she included - there are many, many more. Thanks so much, Trina!

My package included:
    Spearmint
    Oregano
    Coriander
    Chives
    Sweet Marjoram
    Sweet Red Pepper and
    Cayenne Large Red Hot Pepper

Jeanne

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Oooh! Sounds like you got an awesome mix of goodies! Glad to hear that everything made it to you safely. YAY! :D

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Jeanne I am soo happy you got the goodies, sooo sorry that they were so late. I am happy (makes me smile inside and out) that you liked the things I sent.

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

Thanks to those who have been praying for my health, and being patient while I recovered!! Sorry about the delay.

I finally have gotten well enough to go to the PO. Amy's package is mailed...

delivery conf. number is 03080070000104829437

Looking forward to hearing from Amy when it arrives. :)

I also picked up my package today from Amy!!!

She sent the following seeds:

Early Girl tomato
    White Vienna Kohlrabi

Royal Burgundy Bush beans (nice color, and might even fit my small garden space, yay!!)

Swiss Chard, ruby organic - Awesome. :)
    Radish, White Icicle organic- yum!

And a very handy looking pair of rubberized hot pink garden gloves, how cool! :)

WOW! Thank you very much Amy!

You were very generous, and the organic seeds were a very thoughtful gesture. I will have a blast growing these!!! :)

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

I'm so glad that you are feeling better Iris, remember to take care and don't push yourself too hard. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. :) You got an awesome swap from Amy! I can't wait to hear what you sent her. :D

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Iris,
    I am so glad that you are feeling better. I recieved my box of seeds and "Wow" there are lots and lots of seeds. I received veggies and flowers along with some awesome calla and daffodil bulbs. Thank you so much and take care, Amy

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Great job Iris! Sounds like you got an awesome swap selection Amy!

That's everyone! :D July swap is officially over! Thanks for hosting Heather, you did a wonderful job and Thanks to all of you ladies for participating!