Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: obfchristmas in july

Posted by veeja11 z7Wa (veeja3@gmail.com) on
Sun, Jun 19, 11 at 20:47

Ok I can take a hint so it is a secret box white elephant. if you sign up send me an e-mail describing your wrapping, I will try to make a box that looks like it, don't post it tho it is a secret who is doing each box at the end I will let you know who you are sending to. if you are not a member of the group, it is a year long trade group, please e-mail Shirley or me for info on joining, when you sign up let us know if it is too hot for you to send or receive plants. please include one item with a christmas name or christmas item in your box other wise just stuff a med flat rate box with whatever you think your partner would like, I may be a little slow but will try to make this one fun so come on and sign up

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE:forgot logo

Photobucket you must be a member of obf to participate in this swap, to join please e-mail myself or Shirley for info

o
RE: new: obfchristmas in july

Sign me up, please, Big Sis! It has been near 100 here for a few weeks now...went from rain & cool to hot & drought! Gee Whiz! It'll be close, but I think I can send & receive plants.

o

Sign me up Carol....Yeah more fun....I can send and receive plants. I will send you my box wrapping description.

Shirley

o

Sign me up please:)

o

Sign me up please

o

I think i can handle this on time!!!!!! Do I tell you its contents, or you just want a shape/design of a box? It's late, I'm confused.

o

I think my head is full of weeds cause I am still a little confused on how this swap works. I would like to join in but not sure when deadlines are for signing up and sending. I will be going on vacation so want to make sure I can work around it.

Thanks, Smitties

o

We are over 100 degrees this week so no way I can send or receive plants, so I will not be swapping this month. (Carol, I see you also made plans for those who can't send or receive plants, but I try to focus on the swaps that involve plants during the times of the year when I can do that. I really don't need miscellaneous stuff and seeds so I hope everyone understands.)
This sounds like another fun month though to stop by and read the posts and watch for stealing! LOL
Jeanne

o

welcome little sis, Shirley, notty, jlee ane Maryanne. sign up by july3rd with stealing it could go long but thinking mail by date should be 22nd. we will start picking boxes on the 3rd, I only need a description of your box like pale blue box with giant fushia bow, I don't need to know what the contents are. we be havin fun. hugsPhotobucket

o
RE: boxes

when you describe your box to me you don't really have to wrap your box, its only so I can create a picture for everyone to choose from I will get as close to what you describe as I can

o

• Posted by mellen 4a/5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 20, 11 at 23:02

I think I better pass this month, my friend. :((( Just found out 1/2 hour ago my sis in TX is coming home for good. It is her son who is living with us. Plus, helping son/dil move to a house they bought. Plus, going to "the cabin in WI" with my sisters for a week. My parents and my sister are going to be needing a lot of support...may have to make a trip to TX to get her and bring her stuff to my parents. Oh my...
ME

o

Heidi- can u send me ur address again please? I think I accidentally deleted it. Or if anyone else has it? Thanks- Jen

o

You sound mighty busy miss Maryellen, I hope everything is ok for your family, you will be missed tho, try to check in if you get a chance. thoughts are with you. big hugs. comeon ladies we need more sign ups. carol is workin on creating boxes, was in 70's here today boy am I hot. I am a 40-60 girl
got most of my lady fish moved, still can't catch 2 orange fast ones tho

o

Well, I haven't sent my June box yet for the OBF or MNF swaps...but, what the heck, I still have time. :)

So, sign me up please Carol :)
sending you an email.

Have a great day!
vina

o

hello
after taking a month off I'm in for this one.
thanks
michelle

o

i have been looking forward to this one for months!! sign me up please. i leave for my nature lit camping class tomorrow and will be away for a week-- me and 13 college kids in a cabin in the woods. sounds like the beginnings of a bad horror movie. i will be back on the first and will think about my box while i am gone. i am a little confused but will figure it out LOL

o

welcome Vina, Michelle and Rotty, happy to have you please e-mail me your box descriptions, I think I am getting close on most of them. bunny how do you plan on getting plants inside a nakie man ?maybe I shouldn't ask but that is the packaging you requested isn't it ? Do you have woods in PA ?
hugs carol

o

Ok, with the late mail by date, I should be able to do this one.
hugs
Beth

o

Carol I sent you an email did you get it?
Michelle

o

Carol, email sent :) Did you receive...

have a great night!
vina

o

I have box descriptions from Vina, Jen, Shirley, Melissa and Beth still waiting on the rest and I am playing also, only way to choose fairly is to take the last box left so be it time running out to sign up so anyone lurking sign up hugsPhotobucket carol

o

good morning everyone. big plans here...stay home for the weekend and clean the garage...then i'll start inside if that doesn't kill me. would much rather be up the mountains!!!!

carol, i sent you an email, but did so from my work email address. hope you got it. otherwise, someone explain this to me. are we supposed to describe what's in our box or what our box looks like? i am having a mental block...example please?

thanks!

have a great saturday,
maryanne

o

Maryanne~ Just send Carol a fictional description of your box (like if we were REALLY exchanging christmas presents in person). So if your make-believe box was green with yellow polkadots & a bright blue ribbon, you'd send Carol that description. We don't need to send a list of contents, just the outside description.

Big Sis....I'm disappointed that you can't make the nakie man work. :( :(

o

Nakie Man...too funny

Maryanne I'm with you...working like a dog and I'd much rather be somewhere else. Just came is for a water break, whew it's hot out there.

Beth - Did your sedums I sent you do OK? If not I can send you some more. LMK

I'm looking for white bee balm...does anyone have some to trade? Seems I'm always looking for white plants. The balloon flower comes in white and I would like some of that as well. I have the blue.

Shirley

o

Sun, Jun 26, 11 at 0:06

Shirley, I have white balloon flowers. Don't know which ones they are til they bloom, though. When they do, I will happily send you some.

o

Big Sis~ I can't send or receive plants right now. Temps are going to be near 100 all week, with no break in sight. So I'm going to have to drop out for this month. :(

o

darn and I finally created a nakie man box, I am hot too almost 70 here pity please

o

Ohhhh Mellen please...I would love some. Do you remember sending me hosta Captain Kirk in a swap box? You did and I love that hosta....one of my favorites.

Shirley

o

Tue, Jun 28, 11 at 1:36

Gosh, yes, I do remember. That was a while ago, too. Be happy to send the BF. It may be a month or so. Will send as soon as I can determine the colors. I have blue, white, pink altogether and not marked.

Poor Carol. 70's....sob!(meaning crying)

o

Okay, I got all the boxes made, hope they are close, if you don't recognize your box let me know. will try to send e=mails to everyone with their box # we need more sign ups come on ladies, you know box stealin is funPhotobucket

o

Hi Carol -
I am so far behind that I am gonna have to skip this one. So sorry. It does sound like fun though. I'll drop in and check on you guys now and then! Have fun!!!

Sue N.

o

Life here on the ranch has been "BUSY" the past two weeks.The cows are being moved to new pastures with extra cowboys coming and going to help with the work.
Finally warm and nice too. We went out to see the spring wild flowers on the mountain meadows. So beautiful!!!!! There are places that are carpeted with lupines as far as you can see. Lots of flowers that I have not identified yet and quite a few that are familiar from Kodiak.
I hope to do a lot of seed collecting.
Shirley I have several sedums that are doing great but can no longer remember who sent which ones.
Black Jack and Matrona did not make it but I'll trade you dome daylilies for most any type if you want to want to do that. Let's wait and see who we are trading with then figure out a trade. Thanks so much for the offer
Carol, girl, I'm ready to go here. Quit messing with the nakie men and trying to get Bunny into mischief.
BB

o

I can play if I can send just a box of garden related items & a few iris. I can't RECEIVE any plants right now, though. It's just too dang hot. Let me know if that's OK. Sorry for being so indecisive!! :P

o

Any mainer's here? I am in Maine and looking for things to do. Any ideas? Thank ladies:)

o

Carol-How are you in zone 7 and it is in the 70's? Very jealous here.

Beth-I love Ranches...lucky you. You must post pictures and let us drool. I have lots of Matrona and can send Black Jack as well. Yes we can wait.

Mellen-I did not know there was pink too. I would like the white and the pink. LMK what you need or are looking for and I just may have it.

The funeral is tomorrow for the young girl that got killed on the motorcycle. She was a single Mom raising her 4 year old Son. Her boyfriend was driving her to work (not in a safe way but a very reckless way). So Sad

Shirley

o

Hey Ladies.

Melissa, couldn't you wait until later in the month to be able to sent/receive? this way you can get some plants. not butting in, just suggesting.

shirley, sorry to hear about the loss of this young woman. so young, so sad.

beth, i would love to see pics of those meadows. i picture them in my mind and imagine i'd be in awe of it's beauty. by the way....you been keeping all the cowboys? they are a weakness.....either i need to head out there, or maybe you can send me one in a swap. no smokers please!!

carol, i won't be around until tuesday starting tomorrow night. not sure when you chose to start picking or however this works. who is all playing? when's the cut off date to sign up?

hope everyone is well, staying cool and enjoying their blooms!!!

happy 4th!
maryanne

o

It's only supposed to get hotter here, Maryanne. With no rain headed our way. Otherwise, that's a good idea. :)

o

Darn Melissa, sorry to hear that. I'm sure you already thought of it. Do you guys get the humidity as well? I have to admit, I do not tolerate the heat well at all.

Every morning, I drop my g-babe off at her pre-school so before we get in the car, we walk around the property to see what's in bloom. Right, then and there I want to pick up a shovel and start moving things and changing things around. This working is sure getting in my way. I do love that experience with her, though. she has certainly grown to love flowers and is a great help in the garden.

I just purchased a few new garden tools to help me clear out the way back of my yard. it is so overwrought with weeds, no matter what i do, i just can't control it. i'm waiting to meet the yard crasher guy in lowe's or home depot.

We are having a picnic at work today, then i'm, heading up the mountains for a long weekend, hoping to catch a parade and fireworks, for sure.

be well everyone!
maryanne

o

The humidity here is HORRIBLE! Went outside at 8am to get the paper, and it felt like an elephant squashing my chest...it's THAT thick right now. I don't do summer very well at all, I hate feeling like I'm walking through hot pea soup all the time! Keep telling hubby I'm ready to move to South Dakota, but he's not up for it quite yet!

o

still below 70 here and may rain again tomorrow but sue don't want that heat. do we have anyone else that dosen't mind not receiving plants, otherwise bunny days and iris don't usually mind being mailed in heat. I would love you in Bunny but it might be a little hard if you can't send plants, got all the boxes done but one that the person says dosen't look right will work on that one we start choosing on the 3rd I will post choosing order by then. hugs to all my bloomin friends carol

o

Morning all!

Bunny, I don't mind getting just iris (heck! its a box a girl dreams of, lol! )
Just letting you know I'm all for it if you feel like staying in :)

Happy 4th everyone!
vina

o

That's Ok, I'll sit this one out...and probably the next few months! LoL Just the way it goes. :o:

o

Ok 'll join I'll have to get back to you with description a little later

Sue G

o

Will miss you Bunny, welcome Sue, since it is hard to have a last box in this kinda swap, could someone please volunteer to pick for me since I can't pick because I know the owners of all the boxes. I think this would probably work best, with luck I won't get my own box. gonna put names in hat and have dh pick for choosing order, hope to post that tomorrow. hugs carol

o
RE: new: need box descriptions

need descriptions from Faye, Jeanne, Vina, Michelle and Sue G
by the 3rd, takes a little time to make them so by tomorrow would be great ty hugs carol

o

Carol,
I have not signed up for this. Have fun though.
I'll be stopping by to watch what happens.
Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!
Jeanne

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 2, 11 at 9:12

Hummm... I could of swore I wrote a note on this thread before saying I would not be playing this month, but it is not here. Sorry for that. It is going to be a busy month and I need to not dig out stuff in the garden since I'll be on the garden walk later this month. I sure hope it rains as I would like blooming things when it happens!
You all have fun!
Remy

o

hmmmmm i just got back from my camping trip. veeja, di you notice i signed up? is it too late?

o

Sorry Jeanne, you can kick me if you like. got picking order,
1-Michelle
2-Jen
3-Vina
4-carol
5-Sue G
6-Maryanne,
if I don't receive your box description by tomorrow, I will just make you a box. rules are like last months you can pick a box or steal one, you just won't know who is sending the box, should be lots of fun was last time
hugs carol

o

Carol, I sent you a box description and you emailed me what it looks like. I emailed you back that it was perfect. I hope you got the email. :)
Happy 4th everyone!
vina

o

Wow me first?
I will try to be ready when you are.
Michelle

o

Is Rose still in????
OOPS!!! I'm not on there either.
You sent me a picture of my box?????
Bethb

o

i would like to be in lol i am not sure either!

o

Carol-Confused here....you said this is the picking order but several of us are not on that list.

Shirley

o

Carol is confused also, sorry ladies but Beth, Shirley and rose you are in will re do pick list. I will need one extra day to redo list and get boxes posted. sorry been busy here. If I missed anyone else speak now. big hugs carol

o
RE: list

List is
#1.Michelle
#2. Shirley
#3 Jen
#4. Vina
#5. Carol
$6 Beth
$7. sue G
#8. Rose
#9. Maryanne

o
RE: right list

#1. Michelle
#2. Shirley
#3. Faye
#4.Jen
#5.vina
#6. Carol
@7. Sue G
#8. Rose
#9. Beth
#10. Maryanne
Think I got this one right if i missed ya let me know hugs over 70 hot carol

o
RE: boxes

#1.Photobucket
#2.Photobucket
#3Photobucket
#4.Photobucket
#5.Photobucket
#6.Photobucket
#7.Photobucket
8.Photobucket
#9.Photobucket
#10Photobucket
Michelle please wait until am to choose to make sure I got everyone then pick away

o

Hello
I hope it is not too early to pick.
I will take the puppy package....#7
What is with the dude? Dose he deliver the package?
I had better stay away from that my hubby would be jealous
Michelle

o

Miss Shirley you are up, pick a new box or pick Michelles, remember this is an imaginary box and will not have a puppy in it. as the man box only comes with the man in your imagination. would everyone please send me an e-mail identifing their box by number so I can be sure I got them right, lost some of the e-mails, warned you all that this one took some work and was not sure I could do it justice, so please bear with my mistakes. ty big hugs your resident oldie

o

Michelle - #7
Shirley - #2

Wow gorgeous guy that #5

Faye it's your turn.

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July. It is DH and my anniversary. We gained our Independence on July 4th and lost it on July 4th 1969. LOL

Shirley

o

Hi,
I will take box #3
Faye!

o

I will take box 8 please:)

o

Hi! Thought I'd check in and its my turn! :)

I'll choose box #5 with all those cute snowmen. Maybe they'll help cool me off, lol.

Is there any stealing in this game? Because everyone is being very sweet in this game...so unlike us from the last game :)

Shirley, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! How neat to have fireworks every year on your anniversary. Your wedding must have been something!

Have a great Tuesday everyone (and I have to keep reminding myself that today is actually Tuesday!)

vina

o

steal away if you like, still need someone to pick a box for me, wouldn't be fair for me to pick as I know who each box belongs to. whoever picks for me know that I am not above stealing. its my turn so just pick for me someone please. ty hugs carol

o

I think you need box #6, Big Sis. :D

o

Funny bunny!

o

cute bunny #6 it is. funny since I originally started makin that box for you. thankyou for pickin for me. Sue your turn, bet if you all knew who the boxes were comin from there would be more stealin, this is going fast ty all hugs carol

o

Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great holiday weekend.

Carol, great job on the boxes. Not too sure about that man, but..... i think people aren't stealing because all the boxes are so pretty and a great surprise. tough to steal when you don't know what you are stealing, i think.

it is so hot here today, as it will be the next few days. in the mountains, there was an amazing rain storm that started saturday night and went almost all day sunday, and we got nothing here. i have plants screaming for water and i can't take just being out there....hoping for the best.

Sue G, you're up!

1 - 4 - 9 and 10 are up for grabs.

Michelle - #7
Shirley - #2
Faye - #3
Jen - 8
Vina - 5
Carol - 6
Sue G
Rose
Beth
Maryanne

o

so while i'm waiting for sue to take her turn, i was hoping someone could explain to me how this all works. is there a limit on how many times a box can be "stolen"? i'm just not sure how it all ends? i've never done a swap like this before.

happy belated anniversary Shirley!

o

Not sure how Carol is doing this one but the last one she hosted we found who the boxes belonged to and what was in them and had a second round. That was when it got interesting.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. We can hear and see the fireworks our town does on the 4th and every year DH will say to me...Well they are celebrating our anniversary again...I have to grin and I say back to him Yeah Right.

Shirley

o

awwwww that's so sweet. although i wonder why men think that the same joke is funny over and over again. they ALL do it. something in their genetic makeup i guess.

i guess i should start figuring out what will be in my box, huh lol. i usually wait to see who my partner is and take it from there :)

o

Sue G - hope you see it is your turn.
All the boxes are so different....very interesting.

Got another late rain this evening. It rains just enough to make it messy.

DH and I spent the day Monday making a new flowerbed. Everything in it is red and yellow. I have always wanted to do beds of certain colors and I still have plans some day of doing an all white one.

Shirley

o

Shirley, belated anniversary wishes! nice to know every year it ends in a bang!!!! look how many people celebrate with ya in spirit! and I love your hubs sentiment. but i also agree with Rose on the repeat issue.

come out, come out whereever you are sue g!

aren't all the boxes pretty? i like them all, not sure which one i want. all wrapped so pretty. big decisions ahead!

i too need to figure out what's going in my box!

o

The steal rules will be the same as Shirleys, although no one is stealin, sure no one wants my man. hugsPhotobucket carol

o

Hee hee he, I'm planning to steal though I hope someone does it before me.
I'd hate to be the first grabby person out of this nice polite bunch!!!!!
BB

o

Carol, what's up with that man anyway, he doesn't look at all like a hard worker. maybe that's why people are passing on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth, you go girl!!!!!!!!!!

Sue...where are you?

o

Beth - you take any box you like...that's the name of the game.

I agree with Maryanne about that gorgeous Man....but on the other hand you could keep him up with looks like that.

Shirley

o

Scary night in Grand Rapids MI....

o

Jen, I hope you are no where in the vicinity. I'll never understand why these people just don't do themselves in - why do they have to take everyone else with them? so sad.

a few weeks ago i left all my keys up the mountains with the exception of one single car key. i went without my keys for close to two weeks. so last weekend, the minute i got there, i put all the keys into my bag so i wouldn't forget them. amazing how incomplete i was feeling without them. last night, we were all going out, so i took my car key off the ring, which is so bulky, so i didn't have to carry them (if you saw my keys, you'd understand). wouldn't you know it, i can't find them anywhere. i thought i did it in my bedroom, actually on my bed and i just can't find them anywhere. keys drive me crazy - i'm forever misplacing them and then i'm late for everything or a crazed lunatic. i look forward to the day when my thumbprint will get me into places i need to be. at least i always carry my thumbs! i've been reaching out to st. anthony all night, he must be out LOL

our temps have been awful. there doesn't seem to be any relief in sight. i have so much to do outside, but forget it. i just got a new weedwhacker and i want to use it, but i'll wait for some decent temps.

can't believe tomorrow is friday already. can't believe it's july. i was in a store tonight and they were stocking shelves for back to school already. wish stores would let people breathe and enjoy the time instead of rushing everything. before you know it, all the christmas stuff will be out!

i'm itchy to steal, i mean pick my box.....looks like i won't do it until sunday if there's no activity tomorrow.

stay safe everyone!

maryanne

o

I actually was in the vicinity when it first started and didn't realize what was happening- saw cop cars with lights on. I was visiting my grandmother who lives a block from where the standoffs, and a little more that 1/2 mile from the killings. my hubby walks everyday where one of teh bystanders were shot. Scary. WE dont' have crime like this...

o

Sorry I'm lurking.
Jen, I am so glad that you & your family are safe. That is so scary.

Maryanne, I did the same thing for years & finally my dear partner got a pouch that hangs on the front doorknob where I drop all my keys off as I enter the house. & anyone who finds stray keys around the house put them back in the pouch. Seems to be working for me now.

Shirley, HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY!

BethB, glad someone has devices. This has been going way too smoothly & nicely. :P

At this point I should probably just join OBF. May I for future months?
Thanks, grace

o

Grace, we've been a group that's been together for the last 5 or 6 years. we LOVE newcomers. there are a few requirements. first, you have to have traded with a member or two that can vouch for you. if not, then you need to set up a couple of trades with two members before you are "officially in". also, for the first few swaps, you have to send first to your partner. this is an ongoing swap, it's rare we skip a month of swapping, but it has been known to happen in the past. you also have to commit to at least 6 swaps a year, you don't have to tell that up front, you just decide what ones you want to participate in when the host posts. you also can volunteer to host a month. we only do all this because of some of the nonsense that has been a part of GW, and this is a safe and trustworthy place to trade. one other thing, even if you aren't participating a particular month, always stop in and chat. this way we all get to know each other. there's about half a dozen of us that have been in from the start and i must say this is a fabulous group of people, wonderful gardeners, and very generous people. my gardens would be nothing without these women (and on occasion we had some men!) we add new members all the time and i'm sure you would be most welcome to join. just email either shirley or carol, they will send the guidelines and remy will send you a questionnaire after you arrange for swaps.

if i missed anything, someone else chime in please!

maryanne

o

Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 12:24

Well said, resident oldie. Grace, we would love to have you.
ME/Mellen

o

Grace, you want to contact veeja with your membership request and a list of any of us you have traded with in the past-- i'm sure you've traded with most of us already LOL. let me know what you want to do and i'll send you the member questionnaire :)

o

Grace is a great trader. I have had two very satisfactory swaps with her.
Really glad to have you want to join us Grace.
BB

o

Thanks so much for the warm intro, ladies! I'll get in touch with carol about signing up. Hope to get to know you all better in coming months!
G'nite! Grace

o

has anyone heard from sue g?

o

I just stopped in to say hello. I worried about my tomato plants for a long time because they still had not formed any tomatoes, but they now have some green tomatoes starting up. I have no idea what took them so long this year. I plant them from seed, but they have been really large for a long time doing nothing. Maybe in August I will have some tomatoes that I can pick - of course, for two weeks in August I will be off to visit my daughter and help with the triplets again. I guess my husband might be the one eating the tomatoes. Bad timing!
I have gotten a few tiny cucumbers so the veggies are not doing much. Our blueberry plants did pretty well this year, but these berries sure are slow picking. I seem to pick enough to put on my cereal the next morning and then the heat and the bugs convince me to quit! LOL

I hope we will be welcoming you to a swap soon, Grace.

Sure hope everything is okay with Sue G.

Have a good weekend.
Jeanne

o

Well jeanne I have nice tall corn, tasles cumming up and all but
No cobs forming. Not sure what I did wrong.
Michelle

o

How long should we give Sue before we go on ? votes please
neighborhood had a block sale and made me participate, ok tho made 289.00 in two days gettin rid of junk, but sure am tired
hugs, Cal, glad to have you join us, Rot please send her a questionaire and a copy of the rules, once completed you are a bloomin friend, hugs to you all junk lady carol

o

I would say move on and add her in when she pops up
or she gets the last one.
I'm sure they will all be god boxes.
michelle

o

Michelle's suggestion sounds good to me, but I am not in this swap so really the hostess and those who are in it should have the say.... and Michelle, my corn is just starting to get tassels (flowers) so maybe yours will, too. I forget what kind of corn this is, but it is an oddity that you can grow in a container. It is really pretty on my deck.
Carol, you did wonderfully on the block sale! I have so many things to sell and absolutely no one around here is interested in doing a garage sale with me or pairing up to go to the flea market. I guess I will do it on my own in the fall when it is cooler.
Remy, the plants you sent to me for the May swap are doing well. The daylily is even blooming which really surprised me so soon after it being transplanted.
Anyone remember the Holiday Seed Cocktail Swap that Dan posted last fall? I planted the "zinnia cocktail" and they are very pretty. I took some pictures of various things yesterday so if I can get them on this site, I will post some later.
Well, need to think about dinner. It's so hot most of the time that my interest in cooking these days is not too good. I like to eat though... Yesterday I made some peach shortcake. That was delicious. Yum!
Jeanne

o

tassles ? my corn is 4 inches high, super cool april may and june had maybe 2 days in 70's, this weekend finally low 80's, I"m burnt red as a radish, no maters so don't know how red they are, so Rose go ahead and pick, if sue shows up she can pick. stay away from carols man tho, carol don't like to share her men, have fun and ignore me. Photobucket carol

o

It does look like we will have to go back to Sue G later. Maybe she forgot we were choosing boxes.

Very busy week-end....Market all week-end again and the kids came this evening and we rode four-wheelers all over the mountain. The Guy who owns the property next to ours owns 100 acres and it is a fantastic place to ride. There are old logging roads all over the property so it's a lot of fun. A friend of mine comes by on Mondays and Wednesdays and we walk there. I hope it never gets developed.

Carol- Sales are alot of work but the money is really good. I don't know how we accumulate so much junk. I have one every year and find more stuff not needed each year.

Jeanne-I love zinnias please post a picture.

Shirley

o

hmmmmmmmm nakie man or puppy? decisions decisions! not sure which would e more fun--or more trouble! LOL i think i will go with that thick brown hair and those soulful chocolate eyes. . . i'll take the puppy box please :D #7

just got back from a floriculture convention in columbus ohio. never been before and it was pretty much sensory overload but a lot of fun! i got a pink lemonade blueberry baby plant, a cool elephant ear that is black and green, a nice lantana in shades of red and orange named salsa, a hosta, a pitcher plant, many packs of seeds, several fertilizer samples, a jeweler's loop, many pens, a key lanyard, and several bags. i had a blast!! so many catalogues to go through. some of them are on cd, which is a nice touch. i must say though that i was expecting more variety in the types of plants they were displaying. it was a lot of calibrachoa, petunias, verbenas, and daisyish flowers. i didn't really see anything new to me, except for new colors. still, a wonderful way to spend the day :)

o

Happy Sunday everyone. I was certain to come back from the weekend to see it would be my turn to pick and here we are, still at the same place. i like michelle's idea, move on, let sue pick when she shows up, or last. carol, have you sent her an email reminder? she's not in any storm path is she? hope everything else is okay, that it's just a down computer that's keeping her away.

grace, i too look forward to getting to know you and a formal welcome to you!

shirley, sounds like a piece of heaven. it pains me at times to see places i knew as a kid or a little older to be sold off and mcmansions and shopping malls set in. i'm all for progress, but there's an area up where my mountain cabin is that's been cleared to an extension of a highway. it's insane the clearing and the number of trees that have been cut. every time i pass it, all i can think of is that the trees were processed for lumber and will become somthing gorgeous after being cut.

carol, i did a yard sale thing once...the neighbor that lived across the road had them and talked us all into doing one and i vowed never again. i rather give the stuff to someone who needs it or goodwill it. it was too much work. i found myself making a buck and buying doilies and whatnot from her - she had so much of her grandmother's tatting and i used to have a very compulsive/obsessive relationship with doilies and table scarves and the like.

jeanne, i am having the same situation with the veggies this year. very, very slow. one of my plants that was really screaming pick me soon, was devoured by some critter. i could have cried. my broccoli did absolutely and positively nothing this year. so disappointing. and the way, how are those babies? you haven't posted pix in quite some time. please do....and the zinnias as well. i love seed cocktails. such a pleasant sight.

rose...sorry...are you doing the Q's from now on? didn't mean to slight ya. i'm so accustomed to remy having done it for so long.

funny thing about my keys....we were on our way upstate this weekend and my g-babe had to go potty. we keep a (princess) potty in the van, so i pull over so she can do her thing and as i am climbing back into the front seat, i see the end of a my keys under my driver's seat pillow. here i had been sitting on them for almost a week, and the weird thing is, all week long, my butt was so uncomfortable on that pillow and i was adjusting it constantly, never once looking under it...no wonder. and here, i tore through parts of the house looking for them, which caused some housework . too funny ~~ we got a real good laugh out of it.

have a great week everyone!
maryanne

o

hello
well I guess i get to pick again...
I'll take box #1
who is next?
michelle

o

Beth B, you're up!

4, 9 and 10 are up for grabs.

Michelle - #1
Shirley - #2
Faye - #3
Jen - 8
Vina - 5
Carol - 6
Sue G -- waiting for her to come back
Rose - #7
Beth
Maryanne

o

Sorry Vina bud but I feel the need for a snowman right about now.
You can keep one and send me the others. I'll dance with one and put the rest in the freezer on standby. Much more appealing than either a hot young guy OR a warm wiggly puppy.
Bethb

o

Oh SURE! On the day that it's up into the crazy high 90's you take my snowmen :)

Sorry Shirley, but green is my favorite color...I choose box #2. You get to go again :)

Michelle - #1
Shirley - # YOUR UP :)
Faye - #3
Jen - 8
Vina - 2
Carol - 6
Rose - #7
Beth - 5
Maryanne

Try to stay cool everyone!
vina

o

4 and 9 are left

but......1,2,3,5,6,7,8 and 10 can be stolen!!!!!!!

poor beth, needing a snowman are ya? ha ha ha (send me one of those cowboys and i'll send you as many snowmen as you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

maryanne

o

Maryanne, you just might change your mind about a cowboy.
Nice guys and none of them smoke. Too much danger from wild fires
BUT
They all "chew". Yucky!!!!!!
This includes at least one of the Lady Wranglers. (There are two)

o

Michelle - #1
Shirley - #8
Faye - #3
Jen -
Vina - 2
Carol - 6
Rose - #7
Beth - 5
Maryanne

No. 8 looks good to me.

Jen. it's your turn

Off to water flowers and veg garden. Had to go to Lowe's and buy another 100 ft. hose. I bought the best one they had. Cheap hoses just don't last.

Maryanne- Too funny about your keys, sure glad you found them.

Shirley

o

ooooo yes i second the request for a cowboy!! i can pitch in on the snowman collection LOL

o

Maryanne you sure aren't a princess, remember the princess and the pea. I am happy to still have my nakie man as watching him work in my garden will be nice even if he gets nothing done hugs Photobucket carol

o

I will pick number 9:)

o

Beth...i'll take one that doesn't chew...yuck is right!

Carol, not a princess....an EMPRESS!!! LOL and they were no peas, that's for sure.

Carol, i was just thinking...sue g's box is in the mix. so far, someone probably picked it. how is that being handled?

o

Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 8:54

Carol, you took the thought from me...I was gonna say something about you-know-who being a princess-maybe.

That is one posessed cat.

Sister in the hospital and moving Dad to a care center today. Been a very tough 4 days. But, prayers have worked.

Have fun, all.
ME

o

Faye, we need you to pick again #3 is out since we haven't heard from sue

o
I am wrong again

Faye no need to pick I don't think 3 is sue's, think hers was one of last two that I never heard from, so Maryellen pick either box it will be from the person whose box is left, no description from them either, but they have picked a box so are in pick away you are the only one left to pick

o

carol ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????? :-)

o

Michelle - #1
Shirley - #8
Faye - #3
Jen - #9
Vina - #2
Carol - #6
Rose - #7
Beth - #5
Maryanne

OK I'm confused....We have Boxes 4 and 10 left. Sue G needs to be in or would there not be an extra box?

Shirley

o

shirley, now that i put some thought in to this, there are two boxes left and both sue and i need to pick. right now, we don't know which box is sue's. so assuming she doesn't come back to play this month and we pull her contributing box, then whoever picked it, would then pick 4 or 10. question is, which box is sue's if carol can remember.

does this sound logical?

o

That make sense to me :0)!

o

Sue did not send me a box description, I did go back to check that she signed up and found she did, I don't wanna make one of the boxes hers in case she dosen't show up, so maryanne pick a box and it will be from the other person who did not send a box description, confused as what to do if she does show up, maryanne what do you think ? ty hugs carol

o

carol, you had to have already made hers, so someone could have already picked it and if they did, then they will not receive a box and that's not fair. i am not sure what you mean by two people didn't send you a description. so if they didn't, you just made a box - how does that other person who is still in the swap know what box is there's? the one that you made for sue, pull it from this swap. i am sure sue won't mind skipping this month, but it's not fair if a player picked her box and won't get it. is this making sense?

i think there's more confusion than needs to be and it would just be easy all the way around if you, as the host, pull sue's box and if a player picked her, they should pick again.

as for choosing a box, for some reason at work, i see no pix in the posts. i will wait until tonight when i am home so i can see what's what, but the person who may have already picked sue's has the option to go before me.

someone else chime in here with your thoughts.

maryanne

o

Sue and one other person did not send me a box description, so lets say # 10 is Sues,

o

and is pulled, Maryanne 4 or steal, then I will post who is sending to who for clarification, since my senility has been showing on this swap sorry garage sale kicked my behind, wish man had been here to help or at least to look at :) hugs carol

o

debating if i should be nice or go for one of the other ones....there are two in particular....decisions, decisions, decisions.

maryellen, i hope everything turns out the way it is supposed to be. keeping positive thoughts and prayers for you all.

it's been so stinking hot here for too long. tonight it finally feels like it will be a tolerable sleeping night. i turned the air off earlier and opened all the windows, looks like it was the right thing to do.

anyone ever watch the show how the states got their shapes? the one tonight was all about the U.S. and how it's divided by accents. very interesting show.

i'll make a decision tomorrow. actually, my g-babe, who by the way will be 5 this sunday!!!!, wants to pick and she's asleep right now...so, one more day.

one more day ladies....

maryanne

o

Thu, Jul 14, 11 at 19:45

Maryanne, thanks.

Update...our luggage was stolen, my meds were inside, finally able to get more meds today(someone is making a bunch of money or having FUN), checkbook was in hubs stolen suitcase with 3 checks left, 1 check has been used for pizza by someone--signed my name...sister's husband is divorcing her...We are still smiling.
ME

o

keep smiling love ya, keepin you in my thoughts and prayers. huge hugs your friend

o

Oh Mellen sorry to hear all that is happening to your family....praying for you and your family.

Shoot my luck finally ran out this year....I have poison oak/ivy all over my arm. It itches so bad and when you are outside in this heat...woo hoo it itches.

Maryanne & Melissa did you get your daylilies?

Shirley

o

Hey everyone. Shirley, before I forget, i received the daylily = thanks so much. it came over the weekend when i was away, i have soaked it for the last couple of days, i'll get it planted this week...the killer heat had finally stopped. i feel so ashamed, as many times as i said get on here and acknowledge you, i would forget until i would pass by where the plant is soaking. terrible manners, not deliberate. i look forward to years of beauty and will think of you.

my baby turns 5 this weekend. can't believe she's 5 - heck, i can't believe today is july 15th already.

happy birthday carol.

sorry folks, but i'm stealing. #8 it is.

Michelle - #1
Shirley - YOUR TURN (again) ..... sorry
Faye - #3
Jen - #9
Vina - #2
Carol - #6
Rose - #7
Beth - #5
Maryanne - #8

o

Fri, Jul 15, 11 at 11:39

Thanks, ladies.

Maryanne, how can she be 5 already???

Shirley, never had poison ivy-knock on wood-but praying for relief for you.

Heat advisory for here through Wednesday. That's a long time for Iowa.

Headed to see Dad and sis getting out of hospital.
ME

o

come on Maryanne, poor Carol keeps having to check this, make your choice already. hugs impatient carol

o

looks like she stole #8- which means Shirley is up? Right?

o

Michelle - #1
Shirley - #2
Faye - #3
Jen - #9
Vina -
Carol - #6
Rose - #7
Beth - #5
Maryanne - #8

Ok I will take #2 back.

Vina it's your turn.

Mellen-Good news on your Sister.

Happy Birthday Carol
Photobucket

Shirley

o

Ty 29 again

o

Shirley~ I received my daylily & it's doing great. Thank you so much! :)

o

Wow, it looks like it's going to take all month to complete this swap! LOL
Carol, I didn't see when your birthday is or was. Happy belated birthday wishes... I assume it's belated by now.
I hope everyone has a good week.
Jeanne

o

Vina choose please, wanna mail my box. hugs carol

o

Worrying a bit about the HEAT in the middle and eastern parts of the country.
Packages that go through that area and wait to be loaded onto planes might be cooked.
Are all you gals doing OK out there.
BB

o

Morning everyone!

Sorry about the mia for couple of days. Billy's 3rd birthday party was on Sunday, and haven't had a chance to check my computer since Thursday.

Happy 29th BIRTHDAY CAROL!!! :)

Well, they say good things come in small packages...so I choose box #4

Michelle - #1
Shirley - #2
Faye - #3
Jen - #9
Vina - #4
Carol - #6
Rose - #7
Beth - #5
Maryanne - #8

And that should put an end to our little shillelagh :)
Okay, so who's going to who?

Try to stay cool everyone!
vina

o

Carol-Waiting on you for who has whose. Should be very interesting.

We had some really nice temps Fri and Sat but it has slowly reached HOT again.

Vina-Happy 3rd Birthday to Billy.

Happy 5th Birthday to your GD Maryanne.

Jeanne-We need triplet pictures!!!!!!!!!!!please

Dawson turned 7 back in May and it seems like it was such a short time we were awaiting his arrival. He is our little athlete, loves Baseball, Basketball and Football. Football is his favorite and he is the Quarter Back for the team. He goes to bed with his football and gets up carrying it around. We love watching him play.

Shirley

o

Okay
Shirley sends to Michelle
Jen snds to Shirley
Beth sends to Faye
Rose sends to Jen
Carol sends to Rose
Michelle sends to Beth
Maryanne sens to carol
Vina sends to Maryanne
hope this is right, if you don't think so just let me know
Please mail by July 24th
hugs carol

o

Carol, I'm sending to Maryanne, but who is sending to me?
vina :)

o

Good morning everyone. Another hot one today, mid 90's and the rest of the week is going to be worse with tomorrow hitting close to 100. no digging this week, that's for certain. carol, unless there's a miracle, no way will i can guarantee a box out by the 24th, but i'll try. I can't even stand outside for a period of time to do anything, and so much needs to be done. I would like a few straight days of slow misting rain with cooler temps, but i find my magic wand isn't working in order to get what I want!!!!!

Vina, if i look at this right, Faye should be sending to you. She's the only one without a "send to" person. Carol, correct me if I am wrong.

Happy Birthday Dawson, Billy & Carol. Yes, I can't believe mine is 5 already. She woke up Sunday telling me she didn't feel 5, she still wanted to be 4. We had a fun little celebration at her dayschool. I hired a face painter and we had cake and ice cream and goodie bags and all the kids looked great in their princess and spiderman and butterfly, etc., faces. a lot easier than planning a big to do....worked out rather well.

Stay cool everyone.

Maryanne

o

looks right to me too

beth I sent you my address
I need yours

michelle

o

yep Faye sends to Vina, guess this will be my last one of these too confusing for a lil old lady, ok lets make mail by date aug 1st, to give us all a lil extra time. Rose e-mail me your addy please hugs confused Photobucket

o

Shirley- can you send me your addy please? Thanks;)

o

Quick question....is Grace a part of our group now? Did she get the questionnaire?

DOes everyone have each other's questionnaires? Can we all make sure we are current with these since we take the time to complete them.

Thanks!

o

I never got a questionare- nor did I receive anyone elses???

o

grace, i could have sworn i sent you the questionnaire. look for it in a minute. anyone else need the updated questionnaire? as soon as i volunteered for the job my life got insane, but is slowing down after this thursday when my greenhouse hours get cut back. i'll post a list of whose i have and whose i don't and send them out again.

o

jen, sent you the questionnaire. let me know if you got it please.

here's where we stand so far on questionnaires:

Annie/canyonwind rec�d.
April/dirt_under_my_nails
Beth/beth_b_kodiak rec�d.
Carol/veeja11 rec�d.
Dottie/Luckyladyd rec�d.
Em/hostarookie rec�d.
Faye/nottougly
Frances/fcoffill
Grace/celeegra
Heidi/hdiperna rec�d.
Jeanne/sandlapper_rose rec�d.
Jen/jlee
Margaret/margaret-2007 rec�d.
Margo/ Smitties rec�d.
Mary Ellen/mellen rec�d.
Maryanne/earthlydelights rec�d.
Mavis/Mavis07 rec�d.
Melinda/ilovefarac rec�d.
Melissa/hazelnutbunny rec�d.
Michelle/ micyrey rec�d.
Remy/remy
Rose/rosemctier rec�d.
Shirley/brittneysgran rec�d.(Shirley, need your address please)
Sue/suegardens2 rec�d.
Sue/sguanzon
Theresa/theresa24
Treasa/uptreasa
Vina/flowergirl34 rec�d.

of course i could have lost some emails. if you sent it and are not listed as received, please send it to me again.

the above list also represents the most current membership info i have. am i missing anyone? will send out questions to everyone left tomorrow.

o

Got the questions- will fill out tomorrow. Thanks:)

o
RE: new: obfchristmas in july5

I haven't received any questionnaires. I havent' had a lot of plants to trade this season so I havent' participated in the last few swaps.

It might be better for me to lurk and enjoy your swaps than to participate this year and next year I will re-join!

Please remove my name for now, but I will be back next spring!

You all are a fun bunch of friends and I thoroughly enjoy this group. So, I'll be lurking and checking in with you now and again until next spring!

Mavis07

o

mavis, i moved this message to the current thread.

maryanne

o

Ok I think I posted the Christmas one on the wrong thread. So here it is again.

Hello,
I did receive my box from auntyara the other day.
She sent a hummingbird feeder, a santa clause candle hilder, a chrismas star and some bells.
She also sent M & m's Yummy
Lamium, White Nancy, Lamium, Golden Anniversary,
Ice Plant Hot Pink, My favorite color, Gerenanium,
Yarrow, Moonshine, & a Purple Hollyhock.
Thank you so very much for all of those. They are just
great.
Thanks for everything,
Faye!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here