Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veeja11

new: obfchristmas in july

veeja11
12 years ago

Ok I can take a hint so it is a secret box white elephant. if you sign up send me an e-mail describing your wrapping, I will try to make a box that looks like it, don't post it tho it is a secret who is doing each box at the end I will let you know who you are sending to. if you are not a member of the group, it is a year long trade group, please e-mail Shirley or me for info on joining, when you sign up let us know if it is too hot for you to send or receive plants. please include one item with a christmas name or christmas item in your box other wise just stuff a med flat rate box with whatever you think your partner would like, I may be a little slow but will try to make this one fun so come on and sign up

Comments (149)

• beth_b_kodiak
    12 years ago

Sorry Vina bud but I feel the need for a snowman right about now.
    You can keep one and send me the others. I'll dance with one and put the rest in the freezer on standby. Much more appealing than either a hot young guy OR a warm wiggly puppy.
    Bethb

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Oh SURE! On the day that it's up into the crazy high 90's you take my snowmen :)

Sorry Shirley, but green is my favorite color...I choose box #2. You get to go again :)

Michelle - #1
    Shirley - # YOUR UP :)
    Faye - #3
    Jen - 8
    Vina - 2
    Carol - 6
    Sue G -- waiting for her to come back
    Rose - #7
    Beth - 5
    Maryanne

Try to stay cool everyone!
    vina

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

4 and 9 are left

but......1,2,3,5,6,7,8 and 10 can be stolen!!!!!!!

poor beth, needing a snowman are ya? ha ha ha (send me one of those cowboys and i'll send you as many snowmen as you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

maryanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    12 years ago

Maryanne, you just might change your mind about a cowboy.
    Nice guys and none of them smoke. Too much danger from wild fires
    BUT
    They all "chew". Yucky!!!!!!
    This includes at least one of the Lady Wranglers. (There are two)

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

Michelle - #1
    Shirley - #8
    Faye - #3
    Jen -
    Vina - 2
    Carol - 6
    Rose - #7
    Beth - 5
    Maryanne

No. 8 looks good to me.

Jen. it's your turn

Off to water flowers and veg garden. Had to go to Lowe's and buy another 100 ft. hose. I bought the best one they had. Cheap hoses just don't last.

Maryanne- Too funny about your keys, sure glad you found them.

Shirley

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

ooooo yes i second the request for a cowboy!! i can pitch in on the snowman collection LOL

• veeja11
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Maryanne you sure aren't a princess, remember the princess and the pea. I am happy to still have my nakie man as watching him work in my garden will be nice even if he gets nothing done hugs carol

• jlee160
    12 years ago

I will pick number 9:)

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

Beth...i'll take one that doesn't chew...yuck is right!

Carol, not a princess....an EMPRESS!!! LOL and they were no peas, that's for sure.

Carol, i was just thinking...sue g's box is in the mix. so far, someone probably picked it. how is that being handled?

• mellen
    12 years ago

Carol, you took the thought from me...I was gonna say something about you-know-who being a princess-maybe.

That is one posessed cat.

Sister in the hospital and moving Dad to a care center today. Been a very tough 4 days. But, prayers have worked.

Have fun, all.
    ME

• veeja11
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Faye, we need you to pick again #3 is out since we haven't heard from sue

• veeja11
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Faye no need to pick I don't think 3 is sue's, think hers was one of last two that I never heard from, so Maryellen pick either box it will be from the person whose box is left, no description from them either, but they have picked a box so are in pick away you are the only one left to pick

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

carol ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :-)

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

Michelle - #1
    Shirley - #8
    Faye - #3
    Jen - #9
    Vina - #2
    Carol - #6
    Rose - #7
    Beth - #5
    Maryanne

OK I'm confused....We have Boxes 4 and 10 left. Sue G needs to be in or would there not be an extra box?

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

shirley, now that i put some thought in to this, there are two boxes left and both sue and i need to pick. right now, we don't know which box is sue's. so assuming she doesn't come back to play this month and we pull her contributing box, then whoever picked it, would then pick 4 or 10. question is, which box is sue's if carol can remember.

does this sound logical?

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

That make sense to me :0)!

• veeja11
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sue did not send me a box description, I did go back to check that she signed up and found she did, I don't wanna make one of the boxes hers in case she dosen't show up, so maryanne pick a box and it will be from the other person who did not send a box description, confused as what to do if she does show up, maryanne what do you think ? ty hugs carol

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

carol, you had to have already made hers, so someone could have already picked it and if they did, then they will not receive a box and that's not fair. i am not sure what you mean by two people didn't send you a description. so if they didn't, you just made a box - how does that other person who is still in the swap know what box is there's? the one that you made for sue, pull it from this swap. i am sure sue won't mind skipping this month, but it's not fair if a player picked her box and won't get it. is this making sense?

i think there's more confusion than needs to be and it would just be easy all the way around if you, as the host, pull sue's box and if a player picked her, they should pick again.

as for choosing a box, for some reason at work, i see no pix in the posts. i will wait until tonight when i am home so i can see what's what, but the person who may have already picked sue's has the option to go before me.

someone else chime in here with your thoughts.

maryanne

• veeja11
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sue and one other person did not send me a box description, so lets say # 10 is Sues,

• veeja11
    Original Author
    12 years ago

and is pulled, Maryanne 4 or steal, then I will post who is sending to who for clarification, since my senility has been showing on this swap sorry garage sale kicked my behind, wish man had been here to help or at least to look at :) hugs carol

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

debating if i should be nice or go for one of the other ones....there are two in particular....decisions, decisions, decisions.

maryellen, i hope everything turns out the way it is supposed to be. keeping positive thoughts and prayers for you all.

it's been so stinking hot here for too long. tonight it finally feels like it will be a tolerable sleeping night. i turned the air off earlier and opened all the windows, looks like it was the right thing to do.

anyone ever watch the show how the states got their shapes? the one tonight was all about the U.S. and how it's divided by accents. very interesting show.

i'll make a decision tomorrow. actually, my g-babe, who by the way will be 5 this sunday!!!!, wants to pick and she's asleep right now...so, one more day.

one more day ladies....

maryanne

• mellen
    12 years ago

Maryanne, thanks.

Update...our luggage was stolen, my meds were inside, finally able to get more meds today(someone is making a bunch of money or having FUN), checkbook was in hubs stolen suitcase with 3 checks left, 1 check has been used for pizza by someone--signed my name...sister's husband is divorcing her...We are still smiling.
    ME

• veeja11
    Original Author
    12 years ago

keep smiling love ya, keepin you in my thoughts and prayers. huge hugs your friend

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

Oh Mellen sorry to hear all that is happening to your family....praying for you and your family.

Shoot my luck finally ran out this year....I have poison oak/ivy all over my arm. It itches so bad and when you are outside in this heat...woo hoo it itches.

Maryanne & Melissa did you get your daylilies?

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

Hey everyone. Shirley, before I forget, i received the daylily = thanks so much. it came over the weekend when i was away, i have soaked it for the last couple of days, i'll get it planted this week...the killer heat had finally stopped. i feel so ashamed, as many times as i said get on here and acknowledge you, i would forget until i would pass by where the plant is soaking. terrible manners, not deliberate. i look forward to years of beauty and will think of you.

my baby turns 5 this weekend. can't believe she's 5 - heck, i can't believe today is july 15th already.

happy birthday carol.

sorry folks, but i'm stealing. #8 it is.

Michelle - #1
    Shirley - YOUR TURN (again) ..... sorry
    Faye - #3
    Jen - #9
    Vina - #2
    Carol - #6
    Rose - #7
    Beth - #5
    Maryanne - #8

• mellen
    12 years ago

Thanks, ladies.

Maryanne, how can she be 5 already???

Shirley, never had poison ivy-knock on wood-but praying for relief for you.

Heat advisory for here through Wednesday. That's a long time for Iowa.

Headed to see Dad and sis getting out of hospital.
    ME

• veeja11
    Original Author
    12 years ago

come on Maryanne, poor Carol keeps having to check this, make your choice already. hugs impatient carol

• jlee160
    12 years ago

looks like she stole #8- which means Shirley is up? Right?

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

Michelle - #1
    Shirley - #2
    Faye - #3
    Jen - #9
    Vina -
    Carol - #6
    Rose - #7
    Beth - #5
    Maryanne - #8

Ok I will take #2 back.

Vina it's your turn.

Mellen-Good news on your Sister.

Happy Birthday Carol

Shirley

• veeja11
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ty 29 again

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Shirley~ I received my daylily & it's doing great. Thank you so much! :)

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Wow, it looks like it's going to take all month to complete this swap! LOL
    Carol, I didn't see when your birthday is or was. Happy belated birthday wishes... I assume it's belated by now.
    I hope everyone has a good week.
    Jeanne

• veeja11
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Vina choose please, wanna mail my box. hugs carol

• beth_b_kodiak
    12 years ago

Worrying a bit about the HEAT in the middle and eastern parts of the country.
    Packages that go through that area and wait to be loaded onto planes might be cooked.
    Are all you gals doing OK out there.
    BB

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Morning everyone!

Sorry about the mia for couple of days. Billy's 3rd birthday party was on Sunday, and haven't had a chance to check my computer since Thursday.

Happy 29th BIRTHDAY CAROL!!! :)

Well, they say good things come in small packages...so I choose box #4

Michelle - #1
    Shirley - #2
    Faye - #3
    Jen - #9
    Vina - #4
    Carol - #6
    Rose - #7
    Beth - #5
    Maryanne - #8

And that should put an end to our little shillelagh :)
    Okay, so who's going to who?

Try to stay cool everyone!
    vina

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

Carol-Waiting on you for who has whose. Should be very interesting.

We had some really nice temps Fri and Sat but it has slowly reached HOT again.

Vina-Happy 3rd Birthday to Billy.

Happy 5th Birthday to your GD Maryanne.

Jeanne-We need triplet pictures!!!!!!!!!!!please

Dawson turned 7 back in May and it seems like it was such a short time we were awaiting his arrival. He is our little athlete, loves Baseball, Basketball and Football. Football is his favorite and he is the Quarter Back for the team. He goes to bed with his football and gets up carrying it around. We love watching him play.

Shirley

• veeja11
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okay
    Shirley sends to Michelle
    Jen snds to Shirley
    Beth sends to Faye
    Rose sends to Jen
    Carol sends to Rose
    Michelle sends to Beth
    Maryanne sens to carol
    Vina sends to Maryanne
    hope this is right, if you don't think so just let me know
    Please mail by July 24th
    hugs carol

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Carol, I'm sending to Maryanne, but who is sending to me?
    vina :)

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

Good morning everyone. Another hot one today, mid 90's and the rest of the week is going to be worse with tomorrow hitting close to 100. no digging this week, that's for certain. carol, unless there's a miracle, no way will i can guarantee a box out by the 24th, but i'll try. I can't even stand outside for a period of time to do anything, and so much needs to be done. I would like a few straight days of slow misting rain with cooler temps, but i find my magic wand isn't working in order to get what I want!!!!!

Vina, if i look at this right, Faye should be sending to you. She's the only one without a "send to" person. Carol, correct me if I am wrong.

Happy Birthday Dawson, Billy & Carol. Yes, I can't believe mine is 5 already. She woke up Sunday telling me she didn't feel 5, she still wanted to be 4. We had a fun little celebration at her dayschool. I hired a face painter and we had cake and ice cream and goodie bags and all the kids looked great in their princess and spiderman and butterfly, etc., faces. a lot easier than planning a big to do....worked out rather well.

Stay cool everyone.

Maryanne

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

looks right to me too

beth I sent you my address
    I need yours

michelle

• veeja11
    Original Author
    12 years ago

yep Faye sends to Vina, guess this will be my last one of these too confusing for a lil old lady, ok lets make mail by date aug 1st, to give us all a lil extra time. Rose e-mail me your addy please hugs confused

• jlee160
    12 years ago

Shirley- can you send me your addy please? Thanks;)

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

Quick question....is Grace a part of our group now? Did she get the questionnaire?

DOes everyone have each other's questionnaires? Can we all make sure we are current with these since we take the time to complete them.

Thanks!

• jlee160
    12 years ago

I never got a questionare- nor did I receive anyone elses???

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

grace, i could have sworn i sent you the questionnaire. look for it in a minute. anyone else need the updated questionnaire? as soon as i volunteered for the job my life got insane, but is slowing down after this thursday when my greenhouse hours get cut back. i'll post a list of whose i have and whose i don't and send them out again.

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

jen, sent you the questionnaire. let me know if you got it please.

here's where we stand so far on questionnaires:

Annie/canyonwind rec�d.
    April/dirt_under_my_nails
    Beth/beth_b_kodiak rec�d.
    Carol/veeja11 rec�d.
    Dottie/Luckyladyd rec�d.
    Em/hostarookie rec�d.
    Faye/nottougly
    Frances/fcoffill
    Grace/celeegra
    Heidi/hdiperna rec�d.
    Jeanne/sandlapper_rose rec�d.
    Jen/jlee
    Margaret/margaret-2007 rec�d.
    Margo/ Smitties rec�d.
    Mary Ellen/mellen rec�d.
    Maryanne/earthlydelights rec�d.
    Mavis/Mavis07 rec�d.
    Melinda/ilovefarac rec�d.
    Melissa/hazelnutbunny rec�d.
    Michelle/ micyrey rec�d.
    Remy/remy
    Rose/rosemctier rec�d.
    Shirley/brittneysgran rec�d.(Shirley, need your address please)
    Sue/suegardens2 rec�d.
    Sue/sguanzon
    Theresa/theresa24
    Treasa/uptreasa
    Vina/flowergirl34 rec�d.

of course i could have lost some emails. if you sent it and are not listed as received, please send it to me again.

the above list also represents the most current membership info i have. am i missing anyone? will send out questions to everyone left tomorrow.

• jlee160
    12 years ago

Got the questions- will fill out tomorrow. Thanks:)

• mavis07
    12 years ago

I haven't received any questionnaires. I havent' had a lot of plants to trade this season so I havent' participated in the last few swaps.

It might be better for me to lurk and enjoy your swaps than to participate this year and next year I will re-join!

Please remove my name for now, but I will be back next spring!

You all are a fun bunch of friends and I thoroughly enjoy this group. So, I'll be lurking and checking in with you now and again until next spring!

Mavis07

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

mavis, i moved this message to the current thread.

maryanne

• nottougly
    12 years ago

Ok I think I posted the Christmas one on the wrong thread. So here it is again.

Hello,
    I did receive my box from auntyara the other day.
    She sent a hummingbird feeder, a santa clause candle hilder, a chrismas star and some bells.
    She also sent M & m's Yummy
    Lamium, White Nancy, Lamium, Golden Anniversary,
    Ice Plant Hot Pink, My favorite color, Gerenanium,
    Yarrow, Moonshine, & a Purple Hollyhock.
    Thank you so very much for all of those. They are just
    great.
    Thanks for everything,
    Faye!