Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (150)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Pat, I don't think I could have made a list if I tried at this point either. No way, no how! LOL! Ed was great. He was sitting here doing his sudoku puzzle and helping me out as we went along. He thinks we're a bit crazy. I think he may be on to something there. LOL!

Lisa, I'm sure you are worn out too. I am ever so grateful that you didn't make us post a list. We would have been here all night! LOL! Hugs, great game!

Annie, I am now getting a chance to look at your beautiful blooms! The lilies are gorgeous! Absolutely stunning! You must be getting a lot more sun than we are here because mine still have green buds and aren't nearly ready to open yet. Your Sissinghurst White is so lush! I love the shine to the dark green leaf. It really shows off the spots well! Gorgeous! I got your email this evening too. I promise I will answer in the morning. Lisa exhausted my poor little fingers. I don't think I can type one more thing! :O) Great job at ID'ing that deodorant. I thought for sure it was a pop can of some kind. Atta girl!

Hugs,
    Tracy

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Man! Look what I all missed!!! I was at my parents' from mid afternoon until about 20 minutes ago. I was lying in bed and remembered Lisa was going to do the I Spy game, so I thought I better get up and see how it went! I couldnt believe you almost have #4 almost filled up with posts!! Looks like you all had a lot of fun!

My parents had a fish fry/father's day/anniversary get together. We had a good time. My mom fries the best walleye! Hubby always asks why mine don't turn out like my moms. I have no idea!

Well, I'm going to head back to bed now! I'll be sure to check in again tomorrow!

Karen

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good morning ladies!

Karen, you missed a good, long game! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with Mom and Dad.

Tracy, Was the plant that you liked the way it fell the liriope? If so, would you like a start of that along with an iris for your two prizes. I can do a double iris or 1 of each, you chose.

My neck and eyes were killing me last night and my son decided to stay out until 1am, he was told 12! I don't know what I'm going to do with this boy. I had to sit up and wait for him to get in and then when he did come in, he smelled like a brewery! not enjoying motherhood today!

Have a great day
    Lisa

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Good morning,
    Pat congrats, I new you were going to win, I was too exhausted to even try but I did.
    You girls are so crazeee, too fast for me. I can't type worth a hoot never mind trying to do it fast. after I typed that last list, I found 1 more thing and I tried to put it in but The web kept telling that my message was rejected. I tried again and again but it kept rejecting it so I just went to bed totaly bumbed out.

But the good news is that I slept like a rock!

Annie those lilies are beauties!!
    I have a pink asiatic that the stems grew to about four feet tall, flowers about 8 inches wide and 6 to to 8 blooms on each stem, 13 stems. She was awesome last years bulb. Love those lilies..

Karen you are nuts to get out of bed to post. hehehe
    I relate to the son thing, I went thru that (real bad) with my my daughter for a couple of years BUT today she is a wonderful and responsible young lady . I always say the kids go into a coma at about 13 and they don't come out untill they are 25 or so.LOL Hang on tight to the good you've instilled in him and continue doing that.

Lisa, you don't even want to se my want list. That was a great game!!!! Thank you for taking the time even tho you are not feeling good.

Fran I know what you mean 'reject mess' was driving me crazy after few tries I couldn't do anymore so I quit errrrr!!! I thought it was just me :o)

Hi HI Vic Hi Sassy, where were you girls? we missed you!!!

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! It was only a fluke that I did win. I'd been here since the beginning but there were lots of things I never found. It was just lucky that Lisa changed it to "the person who finds the last thing wins...". Now, if only I had changed my "want list" to horribly exotic, expensive plants... Hmmmm... I should have dashed over there and removed everything except for Sassy's DL 'Space Invader'. LOL! Just kidding, of course. Thanks Lisa, it was a fun game!

Annie - Your photos are beautiful. I especially like (scrolling up, up, up to see them again) Cancun and the orange one you have no i.d. for. Lovely!

Carmen - I'm not sure this will be the answer to your "message rejected" issue but if you change the "subject of posting" (in the box above your message) that will often do the trick. I guess the software is trying to keep us from double posting (Ha! As if I can't outsmart that! (Several times lately I've accidentally double posted even hours later.)) I don't know how long has to elapse between your posts to be able to use the same subject but if you're trying to get on in a hurry, try that change and see if it helps.

Well, I must go water some poor, pitifully-dry plants. (I hear all of you saying "dry??" but it's true. Maybe it's the hills (slopes) but I think it's the clay soil. We've gotten huge rains all spring but our ground is dry and dusty most places! Except where my Irises are... there it's rather swamp-like! Grrrr!)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Hi gang!

Karen, we missed you last night. I kept wondering when you were going to pop in. I had forgotten you were going to your in-laws for the big party. That walleye sounds so good. Every spring we get together with friends for a fish fry at their house. The hubby always fries the fish and his batter is the best I've had. Crispy, with perfect crunch, and the fish is always cooked perfectly. My batter is good but nowhere near as good as his.

Lisa, do you use ice packs for your neck? I have been using them for years whenever I have a bad outbreak of joint problems. I have a pinched nerve and cracked disk in my lower back. It helps me immensely. So what are you going to do to the boy to make him pay? Any huge list of chores that you wish to torture him with? I hope you woke him up REALLY early. That is always a fun thing to do. :O)

Carmen, I feel bad that you were having so much trouble posting. That stinks! One good thing about posting here on GW, with all the chatter, is it definitely improves your typing speed. I used to be so slow, now I fly on the keyboard. My spelling and grammar are not always on key though. LOL!

Follow Pat's advice about changing the subject line. That will help a lot. Sometimes it still rejects it if the word is too short. It can get frustrating trying to find a new subject for each post when we really get yacking. That is when you see mine getting really goofy. LOL!

Pat, I can't believe you are so dry with how close you are to us. I would be happy to send the rain all down to you. Figures that your iris would be the only soggy things in the gardens. Grrr! Mine were a complete flop this year. I could spit.

I hope all of you are having a nice relaxing Sunday. We will be heading out soon to visit the In-laws for Father's Day. I made a big breakfast for our Daddy Guy and the kids gave him his presents. We made him turn a little red by singing Happy Father's Day to the tune of Happy Birthday. It was pretty funny. :O)

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

WOW! Boy you girls sure can talk up a storm! LOL
    I told Jamie I had to get on real quick and show a pic of what I got from Annie in our last swap, he came out a few minutes ago wondering if I got lost, I told him no, it's just a bunch of chatty women! lol

Pat! You are SOOOOO SWEET to have Tracy send me your prize after I took your answers! Thank you so much sweetie! : ) I am just thrilled!!! I emailed Tracy my addy before I even posted on here! LOL
    I know what you mean about the clay soil, it holds water everywhere I don't want it to also, like the driveway after it rains: (

Annie, I love your Lily pics! and it is the Sissinghurst White I was talking about. That is funny that you mention your "dreaded bishops weed" I just got some and was THRILLED! I've killed it twice! And I have an area that I hope it really spreads through! I will shoot you an email later this week : )
    AND, you made my day yesterday! I went shopping with my gift certificate and this is what I got! : ) (BIG smile!)

{{gwi:1281940}}

Yep, all 7 plants (there is a little, but tall, purple millet in the back that Zack says "Thank You" for!

Look at the size of these DL's for $5 each, there is 4-5 good size fans in each one, and I got a HUGE gallon pot of Strawberry Zebra grass that I have been wanting for a LONG time!

Thanks Again Annie!

Lisa, you did a great job on the game! Maybe I should see if someone can name all the plants I got! With only a gazillion diff. DL types I'm sure it would last a while! LOL
    I just dread the days I have to look forward to as Zack gets older! I guess 4yr old tantrums aren't too terribly bad considering....

Karen, Walleye sounds sooo good, we went fishing today, well we tried to anyhow, I have been craving some good fresh caught fish! I love Wally's and Catfish too!

Carmen, that reject msg drives me crazy too! But even with that I can sometimes post the same msg twice and it takes it! We have to ask Pat about how that works! (giggle)

Hey, where is Susie? I haven't seen any posts from her, is everything ok?

Hi to everyone I've missed, I've gotta run

Oh, do we have a list of upcomming swaps? I know Susie kept track of it, did anyone else? I will go see if I can find it. Who is hosting next month? Not to rush, just excited to do a swap esp. since we can do plants now!

Later,
    Vic

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!

Pat, I'm getting your box ready, and realized I still need your address. I've sent ya an email! :)

I would visit longer, but my son realllllly wants to get on the computer, and I better get some work done. I'll check back later!

Karen

• raggedyann161420
    14 years ago

Morning Ladies!

It is hot and steamy, I was out digging plants for boxes that need to be mailed this week.

OMG, I found what has been chewing up all my hosta, EARWIGS!! disgusting little creatures. EWWWWWWWW! My poor hosta look like I took a bbgun to them.

Here are the upcoming swaps

JUNE: LISA
    JULY:SHIRLEY
    AUG: SUSIE
    SEPT: GALIUM
    OCT: SASSYBUTTERFLY
    NOV: MARGARET_2007
    DEC: NCGARDENGIRL

Karen, believe it or not I have some of your things dug :O) I"mmmmmmmmm working on it. I was out at 7 this morning and it is already heating up outside. Like Vic, I love Walleye, yummy!

Vic, I'm so thrilled you were happy with the gift certificate! I will shoot you an e-mail when I get done with this post. Also, I can send more bishop's weed to you, and I like Bishop's weed as long as it stays where I put it.LOL. Tell Zack he is SO WELCOME! Susie has been busy busy with Market Days 2-3 times a week. She has been having real good luck selling some of her plants. I'm going to call her this evening when I get back.

Here are a couple of pics I took this morning. I'm really amazed the Chicago Picotee managed to squiggle its way through the hosta to bloom. Some of my hosta have really exploded this year thanks to the rain. But thanks to the rain some of the iris are suffering; I guess it is a love/hate thing with me this year.

CHICAGO PICOTEE

OLIVE BAILEY LANGDON

Hello to everyone else, but the outside is calling my name till I have to go do my part-time job. I believe by the time I return I won't be doing much outside. It is suppose to reach heat index of 105 today.

Hello to everyone else!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

P.S. Sorry about the large pics. I'm having difficulties with my computer freezing up when I try to resize them at photo bucket.

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hello! :)

I have a few minutes to catch up!

Lisa, I hope your neck is feeling better! My hubby and I have the same prob. and he has been having a lot of soreness lately. He works as normal, where I can be more carefull.

Carmen, I normally wouldn't get out of bed to check on the GW (unless I absolutely couldn't sleep) but I just had to know how the game went!! lol How is that postman by the way? lol

Pat, your DC# is 0308 0730 0000 2115 9513. It rained on and off all day yesterday, so in the evening when it seemed to be all done, I decided I better go get things dug. Hubby thought it was suppose to rain today, too, so I didn't want things to get too muddy! Well that turned out to be the least of my worries! I thought the mosquitos were going to carry me away!! If y'all could have seen me out there diggin, swattin, shakin my head, slapping at my ears and pretty much every where else while trying to dig my plants, you would have been laughing your butts off! I'm sure my neighbors were! You are worth it Pat! :)

Vic, I'm going to google Strawberry Zebra Grass. I've never heard of it, and I like the sound of it! Those are some nice plants you picked out, and the Daylilys look very nice and healthy!

Tracy, I finally had to start using a batter and deep frying my walleye, because they just wouldn't turn out like my moms. She just dips them in an egg/milk mix, then in saltine cracker crumbs. (puts crackers in blender) She pan fries them. My dad is a big walleye fisherman! He's caught some beauties over the years. He says the day he can't fish, is going to be a really sad day, and it will.
    My hubby always goes fishing with 'the guys' and bring back more bottle fish than anything, lol.

Annie, what will you do to control the earwigs? I have japanese beetles. I'm going to have to go pick them off the plants. I hate beetles, so it should be interesting. Stay cool! wow, 105 heat index. It is miserable here, but not that bad! 88 degrees with an heat index of 91.. Feels worse! It is also sort of muggy.

Hello to all of the other Petal Pushers out there!! Stop in and say hi!

I'll check back tonite!
    Karen

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Hi Gang! I had a busy day today running the kids around again. I forgot that we had trombone lessons and that I had to do my shopping for a party that I cater on Thursday so am a little delayed in digging prizes. I am going to try to get those dug in the morning and in the mail. Sorry for the delay! :O)

Annie, Chicago Picotee looks amazing popping through those gorgeous hosta. Olive Bailey Langdon is such a beautiful red. It reminds me of one that Marianne sent me last year. I don't have buds on it yet, can't wait for it to though. I have a new hosta named Sweet Home Chicago and another one named Olive Bailey Langdon! After they grow up more I will have to send you some to put with your pretty dls!

I think I have a slight earwig problem too. I am so glad you figured out what was making the holes because I haven't been able to see anything yet. I knew it wasn't slugs because there was no trail on any of the leaves. I looked up some of the best ways to get them to leave the plants alone and VOILA! It turns out that my favorite anti-japanese beetle method works for earwigs too. Mix dish soap and water in a spray bottle and blast all of your foliage with it. They hate the taste of it and will leave your beauties alone!

Karen, you have me laughing at the image of you slapping the mosquitos off of your "everywhere else". I can just picture you doing the mosquito jitter-bug! Hillarious! (Note to self, send Karen a big bottle of calamine lotion) :O)

I can't believe how hot it is for both of you two today. I had a nice calm day that wasn't too hot or humid for once. Thank goodness! Too bad I couldn't get out in the yard today though. :O(

OK, I am off to go visit with the hubby for a while. I think he's been feeling a little neglected lately with all our long nights of guessing at I Spy lately! LOL!

Oh, I did hear from Shirley last week and she has received her box. It arrived on Friday the 12th if I remember right.

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Hey girls,
    I'm so sorry it takes me so long to speak, I've got to buy me a lap top so I can lay in bed and talk to ya'll, lol, noooooo I'm not lazy, just been on my feet for 12 hrs and i'm tired. I don't mind chatting, just got to relax my legs and feet. Oh well, thats the price you pay of getting old, huh? lol I hate to say that, lots of people work longer/harder hours than I do. Anyways.......I just finished putting up string beans and corn and I'm poopied as Kenzie says. Just wanted you all to know I'm thinking about you. I hope you all are doing well and sorry I couldn't stay around for the games, but I'd rather the other girls get the prizes anyway.

Annie, thanks for posting the swaps, I wasn't sure if I needed to host but looks like you have it covered. What else did I expect from you? You're the best as usual!!! I love ya hun and I appreciate what you've done for me with the group.

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Annie, your DL's are very pretty! Earwigs, EWWW! I had a terrible problem with them in MI at one time, They loved my hosta's too! I wish I knew about Tracy's easy fix!
    Glad to hear Susie is just busy and nothing is wrong.

Tracy, I bet you never stop running with activities for all the Kiddos and the catering! Don't worry about prizes, we are patient : )
    Tell Hubby we all said Hi and thanks for sharing you with us!

Karen, the strawberry zebra grass is just like the regular but it has a light pink tint to it. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll send you the full name. I should come fishing by you guys, ther are no good fishing spots here that we have found yet, I sure miss all the lakes we had in Michigan!

Hi Sassy, don't feel bad, I couldn't be here for saturday's game either, we had a big hail storm and lost power! (gotta love that!)

Gotta run, hi to everyone else!!
    Vic

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good morning all!

I'm trying to get the prize packages mailed out this afternoon, problem is I only have Tracys addy. I got a list of addies from Dee a while back but it is only a partial list. I need addies for Carmine, Fran,Annie, Pat and sassyd.

Tracy,I think you missed my question about what would you rather have, iris or liriope?

Annie, I'm sending you something different too, I hope you like it!

Karen, we missed playing the game!

Pat, I sent you an email. I'll mail yours out the begining of next week, I need time to shop for something off your wish list.

I'm off to pay some bills...ugh!

Have a great day
    Lisa

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Good morning, everyone! I've been MIA for a few days and still don't have time to catch up right now, so I'm bound to miss some things...

Vic - You're welcome for the plants that Tracy gave. It wasn't that I wouldn't have appreciated them (who wouldn't thing they're lovely?) but I really did only put the last guess in at your prompting! I hope they grow well for you .

Annie - Your photos are beautiful. Like Tracy said, 'Chicago Picotee' peeking through the hosta is so pretty!

Karen - Thanks for letting me know that my surprise is on the way! I'll be watching for it. (Though I'll try to reign in my enthusiasm so that no bodily harm comes to my mailman (Carmen!). He's a pretty nice guy!) I'm sorry that digging conditions were so miserable but knowing that you care so much makes the plants extra special! :)

Lisa - I'm on my way to send you my address right now!

Carmen - I finaly got the daylily game prize dug and on its way to you yesterday. The delivery confirmation number is 0308 1400 0001 3009 4650. I hope you'll like them!

Tracy, Sassy, anyone else I missed - Hi! Hope you're well!

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Way to go, me! Nothing like highlighting my inability to type! (Misspelling "finally" above and then making it "bold")

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa, If you wouldn't mind, I would love a little piece of the Liriope. I just finished reading up on it and it turns out that it's perfect for forest areas. I would love to see that in the woods along the path. Thank you!

Hi Vic, Thanks for being patient. I am not used to the summer schedule with the kids yet. Normally, there isn't a whole lot going on after school is out so the lessons throw me still on Mondays. I am on my way outside now to dig! I will be out and about this afternoon to mail packages and do more shopping for Thursday.

Hi Sassy! Sorry I missed you last night. You should get a laptop. I got one for Ed last Christmas and it is so much easier to pop onto for a quick post. He sits in his recliner and types up his estimates and we aren't waiting for each other to get off the computer now. I got this one used on Ebay for around $150 and bought a warranty on it. It was recondiioned, new Windows XP software and it came with the wireless internet card. It was a good deal.

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

ROFL'ing at Pat!

:O)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Hey Girls, your packages are on the way. Here are the tracking numbers!

Karen: 9101150134711727099923
    Lisa: 9101150134711727099909
    Vicky: 9101150134711727099893

Hmmm, maybe we should have a race to see whose gets there first. LOL! Aaaaaand, THEY'RE OFF!

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hello!

Tracy, where do you find such funny clips? lol! I can't wait to see those Heucheras!! :) I'm going to try spraying my things with the soapwater. Hopefully tonite. I really dislike those bugs!

Speaking of mailmen, last month I was in 3 swaps, and I received all three boxes within a weeks time. Whenever I get something too big for the mailbox, the mailman drives up and brings it to the door. With the last box he told me, "Karen, we're going to have to stop meeting like this!" lol! I thought it was funny. Then my hubby was like, 'Who's been coming over lately?' The mailman's car was dripping oil onto our concrete driveway. Hubby noticed, and wasnn't as appreciative as I was for my special deliveries!

Pat, I hope everything arrives well! With the heat yesterday, I got to thinking maybe I should have vented the box. (I'm a worrier)

Annie, I'm getting excited about what goodies you have from my wish list!! I'll love anything you send! You have such a nice collection of flowers.

Sassy! Nice to see you poppin in again! You work some lonnng hours! No wonder you get so 'poopied'! lol at Kenzie! What a cutie!

Vic, yes, we have a great lake for walleye fishing. We even have the MWC (Master Walleye Classic?) tournament come to our lake every year. Not to mention a couple of other walleye tournaments. I love fishing, and really miss it! (even ice fishing!)

Lisa, I was going to ask, how old is your son? My oldest (daughter) will be 16 this Aug, and I'm alway worried about what she is doing! She will be a junior and her boyfriend just graduated. So far things have been going rather 'normal' but I'm a waiting! I still remember my teenage life, so I've been thinking about having some more talks, let her roll her eyeballs at me repeatedly!

Hi Carmen!

I hope everyone is having a good day!
    Karen

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Lisa I sent you an email with my addy. You are so sweet to send ne prize even tho I didn't win, thank you.

Sassy, I can relate to trying to rest your legs. I have a 2 day p/t job, sometimes when I get home after an hour dr. Dh has to meet at car to help get out of the car. You are so right geting old is the pits.LOL But I must work.

Annie, I love that Picotee, my kind of flower she will not be outshined by those Hostas. Which are so pretty too.lol

Pat thank you for sending the prize lilies , the Durham that you sent is blooming beautifuly.
    the misspelling was just for me, so I don't feel so bad about my spelling and atrocius grammer. As long as you know what I mean I'm not gona sweat it.

Hi Tracy and Karon :o)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Karen, I find those things because I am a big goofball. I had the thought of them racing to you first, then I thought, I wonder if there is a horse race on photobucket. Did a search and laughed my butt off! LOL! I hope the heuchera travel well. It is hot out there now. I didn't seal the boxes too tight with tape so some air could escape but didn't vent them. I think they should be ok. Just plant them a little deep and water 'em good when they get there. (praying they are happy plants when they arrive!)

Carmen, did you notice my typo right before I laughed at Pat's? I misspelled reconditioned! ROFL! I wanted to tell you that your rain lily is blooming! It is so pretty. I will try to get a picture this evening. Oh, and your sedums are already taking off and are super happy in the rock garden. I planted them all in little knooks that needed some help naturalizing. The variegated is already plump! Thank you again.

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Tracy , because I am such a bad speller, someone suggested to me that I buy a dictionary. My answer to that is, that you have know to spell to find them in the dictionary LOL
    believe me that book is my constant companion.
    I still trying to learn to do photobucket I just get so lost. :o(
    But I'm better then I use to be.

Later

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Hello Ladies,
    Just popped in real quick to read some of the post. I have to go cook in a few, gosh I hate cooking. Have I said that before? LOL.

Lisa, you don't owe me a prize so I will not be sending you my addy LOL. Really, I have 2 friends who received some of Larry's Irises and they will share with me when they are big enough to share so I am good. I was just playing for the heck of it, even if I had won I was going to request you send to Pat since she worked so hard on the 2 games back to back, but thank you for the offer! I do appreciate it, really I do!!!

Tracy, you so funny!

HEY VIC, you never write anyone :( seems you have forgotten me (sniff, sniff) How is Zack? He get over that cold?

Howdy Annie!!! How are you this fine day?

Carmen, how is the mailman? Staying WAY far away from you now? hehe.

Pat, HOWDY lol, thought I would say HEY!

Sassy, I just keep missing you...I hate you are so tired from working but I do understand. It does suck getting older. I feel it everyday, I think gosh HOW the heck am I gonna feel when I am 70 or 80 if I make it that long? They will be wheeling me around in a wagon! LOL...

Ok, well gotta go check another post and I will be going to cook.

Later Ladies,
    :) Fran

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Carmen, I went back with my camera this evening and the bloom was already collapsed! Harumph! It has several more buds so I will try to get one of those when they open.

I have some other pictures that I snapped along the way instead and thought I would share a bit.

Annie's Brownies Heuchera

Pink Astilbe in bloom

First Bloom of Winter Sown White Swan Echinacea

Orange Lily with Moonlit Masquerade Daylily

Carmen's Variegated Sedum

Heuchera Electra

Sweet Tea Heucherella

White Astilbe

Heucherella Stoplight with Heuchera Caramel and Lamb's Ear

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Hey girls! Posting 2 nights in a row. Imagine that! hehe
    The guy I work for called me last night at 9:30 and asked if I wanted to take today as my day off, I thanked him profusily! I was so poopied, lol, I forgot to mention it. Before I forget for the umteenth time, all of you girls have posted the most gorgeous pics, I love seeing them so much. Alot of times thats all I can do, don't even have time to read post, other than glance through, tonight I'm going to try to respond.

Vic, I'm sorry you lost power sweetie, I just hate that. Don't mind it stormin' but leave my power alone! lol

Hi Lisa! If you're sending me one of Larry's iris, would you please send me the info to send him a card, I would love to honor him and thank him. I think it would be neat if we do a vote on the best name for us ALL to use for his iris, no matter what color, etc. Its Larry's, just a thought. I want mine especially tagged for Larry. You girls have probably already done this on your other thread, but I'm sorry to say I haven't had a chance to read those posts. If you girls have already come up with a name please let me know so I can tag mine the same way. Hey, just a thought, if they're different iris, we may all one day have an entire "larrys bed" with different ones in it. Okay, now I'm just rambling. I'll shut up! lol But just know, I thank you for what you've done for such a wonderful man, and I thank Larry! Hugs:)

Pat, that bold was funny, and I needed that laugh last night! lol Honey, don't worry about misspells here! You're right at home for sure! Actually, I didn't pay any attention to it until you mentioned it.

Tracy, girl I'll come close to writing a book to you, I guess. You will absolutely LOVE Liriope. It makes the most beautiful border for ANY bed, but you don't have to use it as a border, I just love it! Listen, I've been on a pots & pans and sheets for the beds rampage, so when I get those taken care of I will have me a laptop and I appreciate you're telling me that. I've wanted one for a long time but, I'm so stupid, I didn't know how I got internet for it without adding to the phone bill, which I don't want to do, maybe you better email me and give me some more info, I'm not ready to buy yet, but the one I almost bought was $900 bucks and I sure don't want to do that if I can get a good one for what you did.

Hi Karen:))
    Thats so funny about the mailman! So sweet! Tell DH some things in life are worth getting oil on the driveway for! lol
    Yeah, I work 9 1/2 - 10 hours everyday and standing up every minute. I'll tell ya, it wears me out most days, but last night, I came home to stand on my feet even longer, but I'm glad a got the goods put in the freezer. So not complaining. I just miss when I could get on here and 'yak' anytime I wanted to, but that will change after Tracy buys me that laptop. You girls heard that, right? lol

Carmen, I know girl. It sucks! But we do what we can and glad i'm here to fuss about it! lol
    Oh, btw, ain't it the truth about the spelling to find it? duhhhhhhhhhhh? lol Some people need lessons in 'common sense' before 'spelling' huh? lol

Hey Fran!

Girl, I haven't cooked a night since I went back to work! lol thats one good thing about it, either Jerry cooks or we eat out! (So why am I still buying cookware?) lol but yes I am. Its so good to speak to you again, seems like forever. Please lets shush the 70's/80's, jeeezzzz I can't imagine. Hope you're doing well.

Tracy those pics are beautiful! I just adore Heuchera's, but don't have the 1st one. I don't know why. I need to learn more about them.

Annie, where are you? lol

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good evening everyone,

Fran, I have the envy with iris all sealed up and waiting for your addy, are you sure that you don't want it? I'm sending one to everyone who played the game!

Karen, The boy is 18 but is a senior in high school(started late and stayed back...this year!I just don't understand him. Two years ago he was involved in sports and hung around with some great kids, then he found a new crowd and had been getting into little bits of trouble here and there. He turned 18 in December and all he## broke loose, He drinks,smokes and doesn't make curfew most nights.`I'm at my wits end with him. I told him one more issue and you'll have to find somewhere else to live. I really hope that it doesn't come to that but I cat have this going on here.

Annie, I can't remember if I alreay said this but I'm sending you a different prize than eveyone else. I do hope you like it.

Carmine, no worries about spelling, I know what ya mean!

Sassy, I sent plant labels to everyone that sent for one of Larrys irises. They will all be labeled as Larrys iris. I know that some will be able to identify the names through hips but asked that they keep it labeled as larrys such and such.

I went shopping today......whoo hooo. I have no business doing that but depression got me.lol I bought silver brocade tiarella,another heuchera crista, mocha,frosted violet,beaujolis and silver brocade. I was looking for miracle and sweet tea and a bright green one but they didnt have it. I also bought a different kind of pink campanula bells, gaillardia goblin,white liatris and many more. I cant even remember but I bought 21 plants in all (bad,bad Lisa). Then I went to buy the stones to enlarge the bed that will hold all of these plants, retail therapy works wonders, doesn't it?

Well, I should get off here and run the vacuum before everyones sleeping.

Have a great night
    Lisa

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Just wanted to say goodnite, the boards are quiet and I need to go to bed.

Talk later girls,
    Sassy

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Carmen, I think I would have to kick the person that told me to buy a dictionary. I do have to say that I use dictionary.com whenever I'm stumped. It has helped me out quite a bit the further I get from my high school English classes! :O) It is amazing how much I've forgotten over the years. I used to be a wiz in spelling. Now, if you make me think about it too long I will definitely botch it.

Sassy, you don't have any heuchera? We will have to fix that. No woman should be without! Like diamonds, right? LOL! Um, did you say I was buying you a laptop??? ROFLOL!

I know what hubby did to earn it, I can't say the same about you! LOL! I'm glad you finally had a day off, dolly. I know you needed it. I will take a look and see if I can find you a good one to peak at. I watched the auctions for around 6 weeks to find one at the right price and had the operating system that he needed. It shouldn't take that long with you though. Now that I've gotten the learning curve down on all that computer jibber jabber techno lingo. :O)

I will shoot you some auctions when I come across a good one that will work for you.

You're doing up all the bedding and housewares at home, huh? Sounds like somebody is taking advantage of their employee discount ;o)

Lisa, I am coming over to steal those new plants! I don't have any of those heuchera yet! I've had my eye on Beaujolais. It is a pretty one. I have to look up Brocade. I bet that is gorgeous. I picked up my first Tiarella last year. They are so nice! Mine is Jeepers Creepers. I thought it would be fun for when we did our next Halloween themed swap.

I'm sorry you are having a tough time with your son. The kids bring us to the breaking point. I wish things were better. Just know that eventually he will figure things out and be the person you know and love.

Karen, I can't say enough how important it is to keep talking to your kids. I know they may squirm but at least when they need you for something important they will know you can handle hearing it.

My Mom didn't tell me anything while I was growing up. I read stuff in books, and found out through real life. I grew up a little too fast that way. Mom's guidance is always a good thing. Keep your daughter close, hug her lots.

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Good morning! I hope everyone has a beautiful day today!

Tracy, your plants/flowers are gorgeous! I love looking at your pictures!

Isn't it satisfying seeing something finally bloom that you wintersowed?? I wintersowed some gaillardia the winter before last, (oranges & lemons) and I don't remember what it did last year, but this year it gave me flowers that actually are 'Oranges & Lemons'. What a nice surprise. I had been having trouble getting that to grow from seed. Same with Gaillardia 'Frenzy'. Also this year, my Siberian Iris I wintersowed 2 yrs ago bloomed.

This past winter I sowed Heuchera 'Palace Purple' and it is coming up, and the leaves are already turning color. It is still small. There are quite a few that sprouted. But the 3 other Heucheras I sowed never sprouted. I still have all of my wintersown plants to plant out!

Bad, Bad Lisa! lol, I had to chuckle. 21 plants! The local stores/nurseries here have only common perennials, for example: Daylily Stella D' Oro, Heuchera 'Palace Purple', etc. I wish I could find such a nice variety as you can! I guess that is why I love GW so much, well that and the frindships!

I worry about my middle son getting involved with the 'wrong' groups, and he is only 13 right now. My daughter just seems more mature. Even when she was 13. I'm hoping that will start changing in the next year or so.(with my son!) I hope things start improving for you and your son. My dad always said, no matter your age, as long as you live under MY roof, you will follow MY rules! That was enough to encourage us to want to get out and on our own.

I think I'm rambling!

Yea Sassy!! Enjoy your day off!!

Tracy, I saw that Tiarella 'Jeepers Creepers' in the catalog, it is a nice one! I liked the name because of the movie.

Well, I'm going to get busy here! Talk to ya all later!
    Karen

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Good Morning,

Sassy, sooo you don't have heuchera's yet,aha (wicket grin on my face & evil eye) allow me to be the first pusher to get you hooked on this addiction WOAHAHA. Send me your addy and I will send you a division of Heuchera "Key Lime Pie". We love to spread it around don't we?

Fran, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but 2 of the babies you sent didn't make it, the little star and the alabama sunrise. Sorry, it has been so freakin hot here. heat factor up to 110 it's crazy I'm amazed anything else survived.

Karen my heart goes out you girl. It is real tuff out there for young people today. Insanity is everywhere, I agree with Tracy just show them more love and acceptance then they can get out there, thats really what they are looking for. Hug him lots even when you feel angry tell him you love him you just hate how he is acting. love overcomes I went thru it. Hang tight and pray lots too.

Tracy your plants are doing great!

Lisa I'm coming over with Tracy, If you don't have garden alarm you better get one quick!!!!

Everybody else have a blessed day

• raggedyann161420
    14 years ago

Good Morning!

I had to run and do a few errands this morning, and I'm glad I did it early. I hate grocery shopping when it is so hot out!

Sassy, glad to be of help, and Susie, Fran and others helped too. I can't take all the credit!

Vic, Nice chatting with you this morning, and I hope you don't lose your voice. Sorry to cut our chat off early, but I don't like to be on the phone when crossing that government bridge. I did have to sit for awhile because we had to wait for a barge to go through. I think I mentioned to you it was a draw bride?

Lisa, you really didn't need to send anything extra. Oh geeze, am I special or what?

Pat, thanks for the compliments on my pics. I just shoot and hope for the best!

Karen, that is so nice of your mailman to bring your packages to the house. I know that there are many that would not.

Gardencraze, again thanks for the pics. BTW, how far do you live from Corning? I have a cousin that lives there.

Fran, Wendy, and Dee, I promise to get the other house warming gifts out to you soon. I have no idea where the time goes when I'm on my days off.

I've been soaking iris in bleach solution since I've came home. I would hate to send any of my nasty little critters to anyone! Good way to lose a friend! LOL.

I better get back to my iris but I will post some pics this afternoon sometime.

Susie, I'm calling you tonight for sure!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good afternoon ladies!

The weather here is still gloomy, not an ounce of sunshine in about a week! I can't afford for the sun not to come out!

I went shopping again today, I found heuchera miracles,lemon chiffon,plum pudding and melting fire! I'm getting ready for the heuchera swap! ya, ya, that's it, the swap! I also picked up some phlox peppermint twist,stachy hummelo and carex that's orangy brown. I REALLY need the sun to come out!

Karen, all I can say about the boys is try to keep them involved in sports, it keeps them busy. If I hear "just hanging out" one more time , I think I'll scream!

Annie, I'm afraid to say it's not that special, just different than the others.

Tracy, Carmine,Annie and sassy your packages went out today. I'm still working on yours Pat!

I'll post a photo in a bit of just how sick I am when it rains out!!

Lisa

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

OMG Lisa, you just listed pretty much EVERY plant I want LOL. The only thing I haven't wanted yet is the Carex and I WILL when I start putting in my grass beds LOL.
    Since you already put the prize in the envy I will email you my addy. ONLY because you went to the trouble. :) thanks.

I want Jeepers Creepers too, I haven't been able to find any good plants here.
    The one major nursery we have carries so so plants and usually nothing stunning. I am not saying they have commom everyday things either BUT they do not have more of the I have to HAVE those plants either.

Annie, you take your time lady again you don't have to send me anything either, but I do apprciate everything. You are a very sweet sweet lady.

Carmen, I didn't send you anything hun, not sure who it was but I didn't send to anyone this month ;).

HELLO EVERYONE else!!! I have been outside all day, I went out this morning around 7:15 and came back in around 3:30, I was pretty much in shade BUT, there was enough sun getting through that the back of my neck, my back side of my arms and shoulders all got SUNBURNED....UGHHHH, I am burning like fire now...I can't believe I got so crispy!

Ok well, I guess I am gonna go email Lisa my addy LOL...

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Ok Lisa, I emailed you my addy LOL... Thanks again, you really didn't have to send me anything really, but thank you I apprciate it.

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

I'm not just getting old, I'm getting senile too!!!! LMAO
    Maybe I been out in the sun waaaay tooo long too. :o)

That was for Pat not you Fran.:o) sorry

Pat read what I posted for Fran. That was meant for you.

I think I poopied my brain out. LOL. I Have been so sick since Sunday that I don't know which end is up.
    We took my grandghter to a japanese restaurant for her 20th b-day, I got so sick from food poisoning my Dr.wanted to put in the hospital. I haven't been out of the house since. So as Sassy says I am truely poopied out. I hope to feel better soon I've got to get back in the garden and my job. I've aready lost a job this year.
    Oh Pat I did get those awesome lilies you sent. Thank you so much, they got here in great shape I watered and got them out of the bag mabe tomorrow I'll have enough energy to plant them.

Annie I'm in the Orlando area can't say that I have ever heard of Corning.do you have any Idea if they are close to Orl.?

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Ahhh Carmen, I hope you feel better soon. Man that has to suck, going out to enjoy something and end up sick from it! I hope you get better soon.

We all have those senile moments so it is ok, we understand lol.

Well I just thought I would come in a check the thread before I head to bed. I have been working my hinny off outside for the last few days I have been getting up early and going to bed early for me anyway so I can get up, I have worked hard today I hope to be finished with the front bed soon then I can start on the other bed.

I decided since I have some shrubs I want to put them all in a shrub bed, I figure later on if I don't like them I can move them. I got a purple butterfly bush at an in-person swap last year and it has started blooming and it is still a tiny little tot! So I am happy Wooohooo, Queen's Robe. Very pretty!

Anyway, I am headed to bed shortly, hope everyone has a great night.

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Lisa thanks so much, Larry's Iris is all I need! Personally, thats all I care about for me. Makes it more special. I do need you to email me his address, I want to get him a card out.

Dh is making me a new bed, (its about time) so hopefully I can get you girls to trade me some heuchera's for daylilies and iris. I hope they can take full sun though. I have very little shade.

Tracy, I don't know how I don't have any, I really love them but have never gotten any. My bad! Please do keep an eye out for me on the laptop, I sure love the price better than what I was looking at. You're so sweet to do that for me and I appreciate it. LOL! No employee discount for me, I didn't get them from where I work:( And besides, you have to work for a mall store to get an employee discount, an owner of a dealer store gets NO benefits in anyway. Weird? Yes. Thats one reason we sold our store. lol I just go to work now and collect a check and say byebye!!!!!!!!

Karen, I agree with Tracy. Talk to your kids! You won't go wrong. Don't mean to get gross but I never knew girls got their (p's) I thought I was dying! Scared the chit out of me! (no not literally, lol) Its not right not to inform your kids of thing that will be happening to them and like Tracy said, for God's sake, keep your girls close.
    Unfortunately, that "My roof, My rules" thing doesn't scare kids like it did when we were young, dss always has their back nowdays. Don't get me wrong, it is a good thing in alot of circumstances, but alot of teenage kids abuse it to their advantange. Just keep them close and love them, best you can do:)

Carmen, no I do not have a heuchera and would love and appreciate a start, I'll email you my addy. Thanks so much and I'll be happy to check your list and see if I have anything you'd like. I haven't had a chance to update my list for this year but maybe I have something you'd want. Just let me know ok.

Annie, I appreciate ALL of you girls that helped out and are still helping out! I sure couldn't be doing it right now.

Lisa, thank you and I'll make sure and check the mail on Friday.

Carmen, I'm so sorry you got food poisoning, hope you feeling better by now hun. Oh and btw, I do hope I'm getting you and Lisa posted to correctly, my brain is fried by this time of night, so if I ever get the two of you mixed up, you'll know why.

I'll try to check back shortly, time to 'do' hair for tommorrow, I can't have to do it in the morning. I love to sleep as long as I can in the am:) lol

Sassy

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Clematis 'Niobe'

Daylily 'Cherry Jubilee'

My wintersown Heucheras, I think 'Palace Purple'

Aquilegia 'Cardinal'

Aquilegia 'McKanas Giant'

Lady's Mantle..love this plant

Any ideas on what this is? labeled as groundcover

Poor baby hiding under my Hydrangea, on a plastic baggie :(

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Good evening!

Just wanted to post quick and say Hi!

Tracy, I have a question for you. Should I be pinching my clematis? My 'Henryii' doesn't have any buds yet, and it is so spinly. The 'Niobe' isn't too much better, but it is blooming. I don't know anything about clematis! :(

I did something tonite that I've never done before! I cut all the seed pods off of my columbines and german catchfly and anything else I could find that was done blooming. I usually save them to gather, but my newer bed is just full of Agastache, Rudbeckia, Cosmos, and Amaranthus volunteers from last year. I decided I was done with that mess! I'm not going to save seed this year. I will regret it in the fall, I'm sure!

I weeded a row of carrots/beets, picked some broccoli and planted out my wintersown plants. All but the Allium, Siberian Iris, and Heuchera. They are still pretty small. Now I'm ready for bed!

Sassy, I'm glad your hubby is making you a new flower bed! I want some more!! I'm really going to have to do some sweet talking, I think!

Hi Fran! So you are still staying busy, busy, busy!! Do you never rest?? lol You are going to have some beautiful land when you're done! Will LOVE to see pics!!

LISA!!! I'm soooo envious! Girl, I want to go shopping with you!!

Carmen, thats too bad about the food poisoning. That happened to my sister last year, from a Chinese restaurant. I hope you're all better now!

Pat, I checked tracking on your box. I hope it all arrives in good shape! If not today, tomorrow!

Vic, Annie, and everyone else, waving HI to ya!!

Well, I'm going to go lay down on the couch, and browse through some gardening mags. We are in a severe thunderstorm watch. Hope it passes quickly.

Goodnight!
    Karen

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Carmen, I am so sorry that you got sick. I can't imagine how miserable you've been. Poor thing!

Fran, take care of that sunburn! Wear long sleeves tomorrow for sure! I have to confess, I got the kids sunburned last Thursday. We set up the pool. It poured rain in the morning, stopped for a few hours so I told them they could go ahead and splash around for a while. We had heavy cloud cover for most of the time they were out with only a short burst of sun so I didn't worry about putting sunblock on them. They all got burned pretty bad. I felt like the worst mommy ever. They've been loobed up with aloe ever since. Finally, they were feeling good today with no more ouchie. What a dumb thing for me to do.

Sassy, I am more than happy to see what I can find. I did a search the other night and have a couple that I am watching. I will see how they go for a bit. They seem to be older models. I need to find the name of the guy I got mine from and see what he has listed too.

What?! No discount? Now that is a bummer. I bet you are loving the new sheets. There is nothing better than fresh linens on the bed. I need to get a bunch for here too. And nice fluffy bath towels. If only I hadn't spent all my money on plants. LOL!

Lisa, thank you for the liriope. I will keep my eyes out for the mail lady. You are too nice to me. :O)

Karen, since the clems are blooming now I would wait to do anything until after you've enjoyed them. Your Niobe bloom is simply gorgeous. I love that deep red. Beautiful! After the blooms are done go ahead and deadhead it. You don't want it working on seed production since it is so young still. Pinch the buds off right above the two leaf nodes directly below the bloom.

If you only have a couple of stems coming from the ground you could (if you want a nice bushy clem next year) pinch it all the way back to the second set of nodes above the root crown. Keep pinching back any new growth for the rest of the growing season. Next year it will have amassed a very large root system and will put out many more vines than this year. It will work for all clematis types (1, 2 & 3).

Your Niobe and Henryii are type 2's, which means that it blooms on old wood. After it has established more vines for you, only prune off spent flowers when it is mature. Do not hard prune it every spring like you would a type 3, which blooms on new wood only. That is why many type 3's look so leggy and top heavy with flowers, they aren't being pruned back in the early spring like they should be. I'm sorry if I am telling you stuff you already know, it occurred to me that you may or may not know which types they are and which pruning method works best.

I'm going to post a link at the bottom to my favorite clem reference site. It's called Clematis on the Web. They are out of the UK and have one of the most comprehensive lists of clems. They have an A-Z name directory for all the varieties of species. There is a link for each name with the pruning type and characteristics. If nothing else, they have gorgeous pictures too. LOL!

I could kiss you by the way! You just id'd my columbine for me! LOL! Cardinal bloomed like crazy this spring. It was amazing!

I love your Cherries Jubilee DL. It is gorgeous!

I cut the most of the pods off my geraniums the other day too. I left only one set for each plant. I am keeping the seeds to a minimum this year. I just don't have the ability to keep track of them for some reason. I end up with them in the oddest places. I must get myself organized.

Your little birdy looks so sad. What was he doing down there? Poor little guy.

We have a family of birds that nested by the workshop. The dad has gotten so used to me being out there with him that he lets me get pretty close if I'm out working in the rock garden. I wasn't out for most of the day and he came up on the railing of the back porch and I caught him peaking in the window at us during dinner. I guess he missed me. LOL!

I am off to bed. I had a very busy day today cooking and tomorrow will be even busier. I'm exhausted. See ya later girls!

Tracy

Here is a link that might be useful: Clematis on the Web

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good morning ladies!

It's been a bit quite in here the last few days.

Karen, I wish I had a garden shopping buddy here, come on down! The ground cover looks like lamium to me, the neighbor has it and iyt's always creeping under the fence.

Tracy, I would have sent you a whole plant if I had been behaving and not way over spending! I did send a large clump of roots though, it should multiply quickly.

carmine, I hope your feeling better.

Sassy, I was told that there were Louisiana iris in the mix. I picked a root system that looked different, I hope you get one.

hello to everyone else.

Here's a picture of my last few days finds

Hubby just told me thunder storms for the next four days! I can't afford anymore rain! lol

have a great day everyone
    Lisa

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Lisa, that all looks gorgeous! I am coming over, I'll be there as quick as I can! :O) Your beds will look even more amazing with all those beauties in them. I can't wait to see them in there. Pretty, pretty, pretty!

The heck with working today! Where's my car keys? Hey Vic! Wanna take a road trip with me to Lisa's? Pat? Karen, Carmen? Everyone?

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Lisa, I'm thinking you might not need a shopping buddy! I think of a shopping buddy as an enabler! LOL! You know, if it's just going to rain and rain... You could ship those plants to me! It's not raining here. (Just kidding. Your new additions are beautiful.)

Tracy, I'll be heading north anyway, just wait at the end of your driveway and I'll pick you up! Let's see... about 4 1/2 hours to your house (Second thought, I may need to use your bathroom before we get back on the road! You guys drink coffee but I gulp Diet Coke in the a.m.) then, I'm guessing, another 8 hrs to Lisa's. (Chuck and I used to live in CT. It was a 13 hr drive from here to there. Lisa's a little farther away but we have more urgent business, so we'll go a little faster!) Perfect, we'll be there just in time for the cover of dark! We'll whisk away her new plants and be back to our respective homes tomorrow morning. You pack the cooler with drinks and find your favorite music. I'll put the top down on the car and we'll make a road trip of it!

My car is kinda' small but we can squeeze a few more in. Anybody care to join us??

Pat

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Pat, does that mean I get to bring my Metallica CD? :D We must account for pit stops along the way to dig any beauties we might see planted in someone's yard along the way! LOL!

Ok, I am off to pack the picnic basket, thermos, a case of Diet Coke, and Pina Coladas! Be back later!

You know, since it is raining there she may have bought more plants by the time we get there. Maybe we should rent a UHAUL? Hmmmmm.

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

hey! Don't leave without me! I'm grabbing some gloves and a digger, and a nice big glass for the pina coladas!!!

Tracy, I received my prize box today! :) They had a drink and are waiting nicely until tonite when I can plant them! I love them all!! Thanks so much for the info on the clematis'! I will wait with the 'Niobe' but if I find no buds on the 'Henryii', I'm going to pinch it.

Lisa, your plants are looking really nice!

Pat, no box yet?? Where is that mailman!!

Well, my youngest wants on, so I'll check in later,
    Karen

• raggedyann161420
    14 years ago

Now where are you guys going? Hmm, wonder if the boss/bosses will let me have some days off so I can go?

Karen, I have your box packed sealed and it will be taken to the P.O. this afternoon. The delivery confirmation number is:
    0307 0020 0000 3240 0919. I hope you like what I selected for you. What kind of little bird is in the picture you took.

Vic abox will be heading your way today also. The confirmation# on that is 0307 0020 0000 3240 0926.

Tracy, I will be sending a box out for you tomorrow. I ran out of time and have to go help my client for a few hours, so I will either pack yours tonight or in the morning. I might try another Clematis this year to see if I can get it to grow.

Lisa, you hit the jackpot!

Carmen, are you feeling better?

Hello, to Pat, Sassy, Margaret, and everyone else!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Karen & Annie - Sure, you can come too! There's room for everyone! Meet us at Tracy's.

Karen - Nope. No package yet. I was hopeful that it would arrive yesterday (although that would have been pretty quick) when it said "left Lexington at 2:00 a.m." but the mailman didn't bring it. Maybe today. I'll let you know.

Tracy - I just merged onto I-71, headed toward Cleveland. I should be at your house in about 1 hour!

Sure you can bring Metallica. We all like you enough to listen to it blast... at least for a little while. :)

You're probably right about a growing selection by the time we reach MA. Maybe we should rent the U-Haul... Naaaa, then we'd miss the wind-through-our-hair experience. I'm sure the car can accomodate all of us and the plants. (After all, it's our fantasy. We can make it do what we want.)

Pat

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Karen, I almost forgot my gardening tools! AH! Thank goodness you mentioned them! Oh, I should grab some buckets too. We're meeting at my house so come on over!

I'm glad they got there today. I hope they weren't too sad looking. It was hot as blazes when I dug them and I put them in a bucket of water as soon as they were out of the ground. I bet they were thirsty when they got there. I hope they do well for you. :O)

I hope the clems do well for you. One of the big guys over on the clematis forum has been helping me along over the last couple of years. I haven't gone wrong with his advice yet. I am happy to pass his advice on to you. He is a great guy and so helpful. If you ever pop over there he goes my nckvilledudes/miguel. He posts beautiful pictures of his extensive collection every now and again. Such a nice man.

Annie, we are heading over to Lisa's house to raid her yard of those beautiful plants she's been buying over the last few rainy days. Want to come? Hop on in, there's plenty of room if Pat would just squeeze over a bit! LOL!

Please take your time with my box of goodies. There is no rush. I sent you an email with the pictures of my lungwort for you to pick from so I can send it with your hosta. Let me know if you don't have any of them yet and I will pack them up for you.

Now, Who else is on board for a little adventure at Lisa's? ROFL!

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy Wait!! Oh no I can't go, well maybe if I took a box adult pampers.
    I'm still not feeling like I can take a road trip, but I do feel a little better. This thing really kicked my hiny.
    But the good news is that lost some weight wooo hoooo.

You girls are sooo crazeee!!!! I love it. it's fee entertainment while I recoup.

Lisa those plants look so good!!! WE can't find anything like that here, especialy this time of the year. Just about now is when our plants start to look raggedy. but my time is coming in Sep. Thats when it to cools of a bit.

Ok you girls have safe trip, make sure one of you has a AAA just in case.LOL
    HUGS