*3rd Dan sends to Shelly REC'Dcolor> 4th

Linda sends to Jaime

Jaime sends to Linda

Pat sends to Amelia

Amelia sends to Heather

Heather sends to Pat

For those still to send, here's a re-cap of the guidelines:

~~Send by JUNE 15.

~~Each participant will send to their partner a minimum of 7 different plants. Seeds will be considered extras in this swap, and will not count towards fulfilling your requirement.

~~Each participant will send their partner some helpful item in beating our war against garden bugs. This can be a homemade slug trap (ick, slugs!!), a colony of lady bugs (yay, ladies!), citronella candles, mosquito traps...etc...

~~Each participant can send WHATEVER else they want to include in their box WHICH SHOULD BE A FLAT RATE PRIORITY BOX. This should "go" with the theme- so maybe some garden gloves with butterflies, a lady bug windchime, a dragon fly garden sign....the possibilities are endless. Use your imagination!

Comments (72)

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi, all! You'll see from below that I wasn't on GW to readthe messages yesterday.

I got home from work today and went to look for boxes. Bunny just sent hers yesterday, so I wasn't really expecting anything, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to check. And there was a box - but not from Bunny! Remember, I didn't know Shelley had sent her box. So I was very surprised. And doubly impressed at how that girl got her box together and sent with all she's had to deal with this month!

Here's what was in the box:
    sedum (noid)
    purple homestead verbena (yay! I've never had verbena)
    purple/gold TB Iris
    "Spiced Custard" TB Iris (these make me happy - I love iris!)
    Blackberry Lily (I had some of this at my old house, but it didn't get moved. yay!)
    Spiderwort (I got a piece of this in a swap last month, and I'm so excited to have more - it is great)
    "Yellow Dream" oriental lilies (yippee! I think this is my favorite. I love my Stargazers, and now a yellow version - yum!)

Also some garden gloves, citronella tea lights, and a flower-shaped note pad.

A great box, Shelly! Thankyouthankyouthankyou. I want to plant them *right now*, but I think the ground is still too wet.

~CA

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Hey, I just wanted to let you all know I'll be gone for most, if not all, of this weekend. I'm heading downstate with my buddy Joe, kind of a practice run for next week. And, he wants to get out of town for a day or so too. So, don't worry if I'm not around, okay? I've got the music (including the new Marilyn Manson!) and a few clothes packed, there's gas in the car, and we're heading out early in the morning. Of course, we have to watch the Red Wings slaughter the Penguins tonight, so we're not heading anywhere tonight!
    GO WINGS!!!
    and, don't be alarmed if you can't find me on facebook for awhile. early this morning i deleted my account there... just trying to further simplify things for awhile.
    I'll be home sunday evening sometime, posting on the mnf thread.
    hugs, love, squishes, and headrubs to you all!!!
    -Dan

• markcase1964
    14 years ago

Hey Bunny,

Am I still in the lead for the mystery item???? I may have missed the winner if so.

Mark

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

I put Heather's box in the mail this morning

DC # 0308 0660 0000 2304 2105

• fairyoak
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Posting from out of town, just a quick note. I sent Amelia's box out yesterday, confirmation number#0308 3390 0001 7027 1910. Hope it makes it to her soon. Also, late yesterday I received the MOST wonderful box from Heather...you just would not believe how many cool things were in it. Can't post the full list until Monday(away from the plants) BUT believe me it will be worth the wait to hear about them!!!! I got them all planted before we left :) Thanks to all the generosity of the garden web folks before you know it our place will be back to it's beautiful normal and I will be sharing cool things with all of you. Thanks so much Heather!!!

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I still haven't heard back again from Jamie..."looking under veranda and beating bushes with stick"..Ohhhh Jamieeee...

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

I finally got Joan's box in the mail this morning:
    0307 1790 0002 9168 7068
    Sorry again for the delay...mother nature finally put together two non-stormy days in a row. You should see this monday, I think. It is already on a plane.

And I got home this afternoon to find Bunny's box on my doorstep! Complete with shiny bugs all over the box. Inside, I found:
    lemon balm
    chocolate mint (yum! to these two)
    sedum - pink
    Daylilies: raspberry pixie and pixie beauty (fun! I've never had named daylilies, unless you count Stella)
    Irises: Honorable, Cherry Garden, and an heirloom purple (five irises in three days - definitely have to expand that iris bed - I've been looking for an excuse to rip stuff out of the ground!)
    and Stargazer Lily - yay!

Buggy stuff and more:
    our hostess can turn anything into a bug theme: like "bug roasting skewers" - Eeewww. Hand sanitizer - for those germy bugs. Also a citronella candle, B1 patches (a bug repellant), and a Martha Stewart Living magazine (ok, *almost* everything).

What a box! Thanks Bunny, and thanks especially for taking care of me, even though it wasn't necessary.

oops - I nearly forgot to mention the coffee candies - thanks.

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yay! Our swap is almost wrapped up, with the exception of Carol, Jaime & Linda. (Come out, come out, JAIME!!)

Yes, Mark...You are still in the lead! I'll let you know if you've won after the next few box contents are posted. :O)

AND...CA is the 13th to send! Yay!!!!! Congrats, CA! And your prize will be in the mail shortly!

10th Shelly (& Melissa) sends to CA REC'Dcolor> 9th
    *13th CA sends to Joan SENTcolor>
    5th Joan sends to Nikki REC'Dcolor> 3rd
    Nikki sends to Mark
    2nd Mark sends to Melissa REC'Dcolor> 2nd
    1st Melissa sends to Jodie REC'Dcolor> 1st
    4th Jodie sends to Karen REC'Dcolor> 5th
    7th Karen sends to Carol REC'Dcolor> *7th
    Carol sends to Margo
    8th Margo sends to Amy REC'Dcolor> 8th
    6th Amy sends to Dan REC'Dcolor> 6th
    Linda sends to Jaime MIAcolor>
    Jaime MIAcolor> sends to Linda
    11th Pat sends to Amelia SENTcolor>
    12th Amelia sends to Heather SENTcolor>
    9th Heather sends to Pat SENTcolor>

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

bunny - since amelia and I mailed at about the same time today (she just posted first) and you've already sent me a whole box o' stuff, can I defer the prize to amelia?

also, I sent you an email on remedying my two-boxes thing. let me know if you didn't get it.

~CA

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okie Dokie, CA! Done & Done!! How sweet of you! (and I also responded to your email)

Sooo...CONGRATS, AMELIA!! Please, pretty please, send me your address so I can get your prize out to you! :O)

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

I don't know how to say this. I truly appreciate CA's kind gesture.

However, I don't want to accept a prize that should go to someone else.

We both mailed packages the same morning. Can the DC numbers be used to find out who mailed first? I know the date is recorded; I don't know if the time is recorded.

Again, thank you, CA.

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Amelia - in local times, you mailed first (by two minutes) - making me the 13th. But we're in different time zones, so in abolute time, my package was mailed 58 minutes before yours, making you the 13th. So it could go either way.

~CA

• nikkineel
    14 years ago

Hi all! Mark's box is going out tomorrow. Thanks for being patient with me. I hope you like your goodies Mark. I know that you are excited about next week and the start of your summer. Nik

• markcase1964
    14 years ago

Yea! School's out AND my box is coming!!!!

I'll post about the July swap as soon as we wrap this one up.

Mark

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I'm home! We wound up in Holland Michigan yesterday, and visited an iris farm today where I spent way too much money! But hey, it's only money, right? Amy, your box was waiting for me on the porch when I got home, and I'll post the contents tomorrow after I open it. Right now, it's quality time with the cats, and I've got to get ready for work in the morning. Only 5 more days to work before I'm off for a month!

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

I just received the most wonderful box full of plants from Cheryl-CA!! She sent:
    Stokesia - purple parasols
    yellow yarrow
    echinacea pupurea
    asclepias tuberosa
    purple columbine
    tatarian aster
    sedum ternatum
    coreopsis rosea
    WOW!!! They're all beautifully green and healthy. Hopefully, it will dry out enough here today for me to get them planted. :) She also sent an entire can of dipped toffee peanuts (yum) along with mosquito dunk pellets that are safe to use around my bird feeders and my rescue dogs and cat. A pretty little card telling me all about the plants rounded out what was truly a generous and thoughtful box! Thanks so much Cheryl! I know it couldn't have been easy to dig the plants in all the rain you and I both are receiving. Looks like those mosquito pellets are really gonna come in handy in this wayyy above normal rainfall year here for me. :)

Joan

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

10th Shelly (& Melissa) sends to CA REC'Dcolor> 9th
    *13th CA sends to Joan REC'Dcolor> 10th
    5th Joan sends to Nikki REC'Dcolor> 3rd
    Nikki sends to Mark
    2nd Mark sends to Melissa REC'Dcolor> 2nd
    1st Melissa sends to Jodie REC'Dcolor> 1st
    4th Jodie sends to Karen REC'Dcolor> 5th
    7th Karen sends to Carol REC'Dcolor> *7th
    Carol sends to Margo
    8th Margo sends to Amy REC'Dcolor> 8th
    6th Amy sends to Dan REC'Dcolor> 6th
    11th Pat sends to Amelia SENTcolor>
    12th Amelia sends to Heather SENTcolor>
    9th Heather sends to Pat SENTcolor>

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Joan - I'm glad everything got there ok. I'm always nervous about my packing efforts. Especially with that little sedum: I'm afraid it will get squished. Good thing it's resilient and roots really easily.

I had to work all weekend, so I only had evening to weed and plant. The skeeters are already out in force, so they drove me inside before I got all my plants planted. (Which reminded me to go find and use my own skeeter dunks! They worked really well for me last year, I hope they are effective this year, too, because I got bit BAD!)

Lots more to do tonight!

~CA

• nikkineel
    14 years ago

Phew - looks like I barely made the deadline but Mark's package has been sent.
    Confirmation #0308 3390 0001 7673 4976
    Mark, Don't judge a box by its cover. I recycled it -but the contents are packed nice and snug and I insured it, too:) Hope you enjoy! Nikki

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Hello Again! I got home last night safe and sound, but had to get things ready to return to work this morning, so I wasn't able to post what sorts of "buggy" things Amy sent me, but now I'm ready to do so! And they were definitely buggy too!
    Amy sent:
    gummy worms (stolen by my friend Joe "You're on a diet!" LOL)
    a butterfly odor-eater for the car (all those bangles will attract more butterflies Amy! cool!)
    a white decorative butterfly (now in a hanging basket on the porch)
    a ladybug hat for the cats to share (Bump is letting Stella keep it all for herself)
    a skeeter/fly wristband to drive away the bugs when I'm sitting out on the porch at night
    and I may be forgetting something else, but at the moment it slips my mind.
    Amy, part 2 was great! This'll be my last swap for a few months, and you definitely allowed me to go out on a high-note! Thank You!

-Dan

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Oh, Nikki's post about the recycled box reminded me of something I forgot to post earlier....anyone know the record for re-use of the same box in a rr swap? Dan sent to Shelly, who re-used the box in her mailing to me. And I packed my plants to Joan in that box, too. [Joan, save that box...it could be worth something! ;) ]

~ CA

• sred98
    14 years ago

Cheryl, that is too funny! Dan's box was perfectly good, so I figured, "Why not?" I hate to waste a good box! ;9

I am back in town, trying to revive the plants my FIL didn't water. Thank goodness it rained while I was gone! Looks like I am going to be overrun with squash! WOOHOO! No poultry mortalities, either, so I am glad to be recuperating. Go for another round of drs. appts. this week. UGH.

Shelly

• divahethr
    14 years ago

WOOHOO!!! MYOHMY!!! OHMAMACITA!!!
    I got a box from Amelia and I don't want to sound like nana booboo but this box was awesome there was just so much stuff it was like never ending surprises! Here goes what she sent!!
    ~*~Awesome Stuff~*~
    Tony Chachere's creole seasoning
    tabasco sauce!!!
    hot pepper wax insect repellant!!!
    garden gloves with pvc palms!!!
    4 sling shot bugs in pink green blue and yellow !!!
    a big thing of zatarains crawfish shrimp and crab boil( i have to get me some crawdaddies)
    a bunch of coffee packs ...a bunch!!!
    a lady bug windsock!!!
    and TADA!!!
    A Taste of Louisiana Cookbook prepared just for me with my name on it!!!!! really awesome and very THOUGHTFUL!!!
    ~*~PLANTS~*~
    2 nagami kumquats!!!
    a bunch of clumps of spider plants!!!
    a pretty cactus that I've never seen before!!!
    blackberry mint!!!
    pineapple mint!!!
    orange mint!!!
    medium pink crepe myrtle!!!
    charles grimaldi brugmansia woohoo!(omg thank you so much! I had this one and it died)
    ~*~SEEDS~*~
    Amaryllis minerva!!!
    Canary Island Date Palm!!!
    sunflower autumn beauty!!!
    tamarind!!!omg awesome!!!
    papaya!!!
    asparagus fern!!!
    rose of sharon!!!
    starfruit!!!
    primrose!!!
    spaghetti squash!!!
    golden pomegranate!!!
    a big huge pack of sampler(she called it a sampler there was way too many to be called a sampler!) pepper seeds containing:
    fish
    cow horn
    red jalapeno
    puya
    white habanero
    black pearl
    peter
    chilcostle
    japone
    caribe
    california
    cascabel
    medusa
    fresno
    negro
    deArbol
    Thank you so much, Amelia!!! that was really great...I hope I didn't leave anything out. It was like 3 swaps in 1!!! I am so Thankful!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow, there are some GREAT boxes being received!

I *think* the only box that hasn't been sent now is Carols?
    CAROL....Where are you?? LOL!

Ok, and I am confusing myself with all these #'s, so since we've already gotten our winners for the sending/receiving, I'm going to take them off.

LINDA~ I sent you an email, please let me know if you didn't get it! :O)

Shelly (& Melissa) sends to CA REC'Dcolor>
    CA sends to Joan REC'Dcolor>
    Joan sends to Nikki REC'Dcolor>
    Nikki sends to Mark SENTcolor>
    Mark sends to Melissa REC'Dcolor>
    Melissa sends to Jodie REC'Dcolor>
    Jodie sends to Karen REC'Dcolor>
    Karen sends to Carol REC'Dcolor>
    Carol sends to Margo
    Margo sends to Amy REC'Dcolor>
    Amy sends to Dan REC'Dcolor>
    Dan sends to Shelly REC'Dcolor>
    Pat sends to Amelia SENTcolor>
    Amelia sends to Heather REC'Dcolor>
    Heather sends to Pat SENTcolor>

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

got your email and I answered..."S"

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Dan,
    Glad to hear you received box #2. I would love to see a picture of Stella with her hat on! :-) Have a great trip!

Amy

• smitties
    14 years ago

Dan, wasn't that a bummer about the Wings? I am originally from north of Detroit and even though my kids were all born and raised in Ohio, they are all Michigan team fans and especially the Wings. My 23 year old is obsessed. We were in Stuebenville Ohio which is about 45 minutes from Pittsburg this weekend for my older sons wedding. We had the rehearsal dinner and then quickly went to a restaurant/bar to watch the big screens. Unfortunately, we were surrounded by Pittsburg fans and things were getting a little riled. It was ok but we quickly exited at the end of the game. My son left a lot earlier becausee he was too stressed. Maybe next year.

Carol did post she would send my box last Friday so I expected it today. I bet her weekend got too busy or the weather was not good for digging. I am sure we will hear from her soon. Can't wait to see what she will send.

Amy, so glad you liked the contents of the box. I hope the plants arrived in good shape. Not sure about that clematis though. I think you sent me an email but I messed up things when I was checking after our trip so lost it. I sent you an email.

• smitties
    14 years ago

Dah, I was just catching up on the posts here. Being away makes for a lot of getting behind. Anyway, I see Carol has posted that the package will be late.

Sorry I didn't see it earlier Carol. It certainly is no problem. I am going out of town again Thursday and won't be home til Sunday. I am dog sitting my son and now daughter in laws dogs and can only take so much of them here at our house. We are taking them back to their home and will stay there with them for three days.

Carol, if you read this before Tuesday, take your time. Like I said, I will be out of town. If you do send the box on Tuesday, it should be here by Thursday and I can plant things before I leave. If you want to wait a few more days, that will work too. Thanks. Margo

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

I received my box from Pat today. And, I say "my" because it was definitely tailored especially for me. I really don't know how Pat knew that I was wanting some of these but I am oh, SO grateful!

Plants:
    Pothos, golden
    Mother of Thousands
    Kalachoe, Coral Bells
    Hardy hen & chicks
    Plumeria, yellow
    Sedum, Dragon's Blood
    Orchid, Cattleya

OTHER:
    Rainbow Bumbles Bell
    Dragonfly orchid clips
    Bandanas (2 - floral print & tropical print)
    Note cards (The ones I've been looking for!)
    Pens
    Sunscreen, pocket-size
    Magnetic pad shopping list *
    M&M's
    Strawberried peanut butter M&M's **
    Chocolate mix Skittles **

* I've been in trouble with the family for while since I forget to pick one up.

** Never heard of these before. But I'm definitely a chocoholic!

• markcase1964
    14 years ago

Nik,

You have got to be kidding! Me be upset about reusing a box? The king of recycle, reuse, reduce? The biggest environmental geek in school? The one that when sees plastic bottles in trash cans picks them out and recycles them? the one that prints on BOTH sides of paper?

I am gonna love the box, no matter what is in it!

Mark

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay...now, I need to know...Has anyone received a note pad or cards with any BUGS on them? I know some of us have gotten some, but I don't *think* anyone specified if they had buggies or not. Let me know, cause this has to do with the MYSTERY item, OK?

Carol sends to Margo
    Pat sends to Amelia REC'Dcolor>

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Nope, the note pad I received has flowers, not bugs.

~CA

• jaleeisa
    14 years ago

Hi everyone! Such wonderful boxes this month! Making me really wish I'd have been able to participate!

Update on me: Went to my Neurosurgeon that did my surgery yesterday for my 3 week followup. I am healing well, everything is holding in place and the grafted bone is remaining in place with no shifting. He mentioned again that my bone density was really good and that he is really happy with how this surgery went and the healing process is going because I have such small bones. He was also pleased at how much straighter my back is and how it is correcting the paunch around my waist that has made me appear to be pregnant for so many years. Part of this is being overweight and needing to work my core muscles more, but it was also contributed to greatly by my spine sliding forward and shifting everything else forward. So, so far it looks like once I am healed enough to be able to begin exercising again, I will finally be able to have the chance to get rid of that paunch for good :) Once I am healed more, I will be able to work on that area as well, something I've not been able to do to a great degree for many years. The incision is healing very well and is now unbandaged and itching like the dickens!

That is all of the good news... now for the bad..

I have to spend another two months doing absolutely NOTHING except walking as much as possible to retain my hips and legs to function properly, lying down to allow the back muscles to relax, sitting- but still limited on that, and standing- again, limited. Sitting and just standing are still limited because they add unwarrented stress and strain to the surgery area. I still cannot lie down on my back or prop up in bed. The incision is still too tender to lie flat on my back yet and my hips aren't quite ready for it either. As far as sitting propped up in bed, again, my lower back and hips aren't ready for that. Trying to do so is very painful. You would think that sitting and lying propped up in bed were the same thing, but it's not. Your back and hips must bend more in order to have your legs at the same height as your hips. Even a recliner is still out right now. Can't sleep or lie on my stomach either because that creates a reverse arch and the surgery site is not healed enough for that either. Walking is getting easier, though the hip they took the bone for the graft from is still very painful. The rest of my back still gives me trouble as it becomes accustomed to being properly aligned. As do both hips. Believe it or not, even my ribs hurt at times for this same reason! I'm up to sleeping 3 hours at a time! YAY!! A full night still seems so far out of reach, but considering even a week ago I was barely managing an hour at a time, I'm elated! My legs still hurt a lot, but the burning pain from the nerves is continuing to drop off, so the nerves are managing to "rewire" themselves. I still have some topical numbness, but that's improving too. Now if the muscle spasms would slow. They have in my back some, but not in my legs yet.

Still no bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching above my head, reaching further than arms length, leaning more than VERY slightly. Cannot lift more than about 5 lbs. Even holding a gallon of milk or iced tea when the pitcher is full still pulls into my back. I'm so use to pushing aside pain and doing what I need to do, so I constantly have to remind myself that I cannot push the pain away any more. I have to pay attention to it and abide by the limitations it sets. I think that is one of the hardest parts of this for me. That and being completely inactive. Oh, I'm walking as much as possible, though that still has to be hard, flat surface walking. I can stroll outside with help for a few minutes every few days, but still cannot do much walking out in the yard because of dips and inclines, etc. I'm not use to being inactive.

I keep feeling utterly useless when Cliff and Tiffy (my 16 yr old daughter) are doing everything and my older sons are stopping by to help with chores. Poor Cliff is working full time as a mail carrier, coming home and cooking and cleaning, caring for the gardens and yard, taking care of me, doing all of the laundry- because I am STILL not suppose to even do that!- doing all the grocery shopping and handling bills... poor guy. I feel horrible that he has to do so much. But he just smiles and reminds me he's a big boy and that I do my best to make sure he has time for himself to play his video games or whatever he wants to do. He is really amazing :) And I am very blessed to have him as my husband, partner and companion. He teases me out of my depressed periods, jokes me though the times when I'm feeling whiney and despising myself for being whiney- something I've never been. Encourages me to do the things that I can and watches me like a hawk to ensure I don't push my limits too far. He makes me take my medicines and keeps a strict accounting of times and which pills because he knows how much I detest taking them. I hate being so "stoned" all the time, even if I am in a lot of pain still.

My youngest boys are still at their father's in Texas and we're considering asking if he can keep them a few extra weeks so that I have a chance to heal a little more and come closer to the time when I will be able, hopefully, to start slowly resuming my life. I hate asking him, and I miss the boys, bratlings though they are, but if he can keep them another 3-4 weeks and get me to August, it would be a great help. Cliff and I are discussing it and I'll probably call my ex sometime later in the week to discuss it with him as well. We talk with them every few days and they seem to be enjoying their visit and behaving pretty well. Their father has made no mention yet about arranging to meet to bring them home, so perhaps he will be willing. We'll see.

So, things are going well, despite the fact that I still cannot do anything. I just have to reach deeper to find that patience to not push it. You really wouldn't think it would be so difficult to do nothing, but it's not as easy as it sounds. I want to thank you all for the continued prayers and for the emails asking how I'm doing. Sometimes I'm up to answering them, other times all I can manage it to do a group update here, so I want to thank you all for your patience with me when it takes me days to answer emails. I still have to type a few lines, then get up and move. I've been working on this post for several hours :(

Please continue to keep me in prayers. I need and appreciate them so much.

HUGS to you all :)

Kathy

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

The shopping list pad I received has flowers and butterflies.

• veeja11
    14 years ago

My box was mailed monday conf # 03082040000082303083. I received a prize from bunny today, whoever heard of getting a prize for being #7 ? must come from being a bunny if one child gets a prize all must or they get hurt feelings, coffee candy to improve my energy and a oscar meyer hot dog whistle to ????????????????????.I was reading thru old posts and saw where Kathy thanked everyone for sending prayers and medications, please send all morphine to me. when I had my surgery they sent me home with it, it was great but there were little black furry bats flying around my house. dh gave me a little box to catch one in to prove to him it wasn't my meds. my daughter that came to take care of me. slept on the floor in my room and says I woke up in the middle of the night and accused her of having an elderly chinese man next to her. guess maybe you shouldn't send me the morphine !!! Dan I want you to check out the gardens on my space. hugs to all Kathy you sound like you are getting better. HOORAY!! carol

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Carol, I'd be glad to check out the gardens, but do you have a link I can use?

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yay! Carol's box is mailed! :O)
    That means this swap is nearly complete, and we can get started on July's swap!
    *WAIT*
    Who had July? Where'd the list go?
    (searching....searching.....)

Carol sends to Margo SENTcolor>

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I believe Mark had July?

• markcase1964
    14 years ago

I have July and I GOT MY BOX!

Great note telling me about her fragrant garden plants. She went the extra mile to find some wonderful iris plants from a neighbor to rebuild my collection.

Nikki sent me:

Bottle of Listerine to help keep the mosquitoes away
    really cool citronella candle

Plants
    Hummingbird plant cutting (Dicliptera suberecta)
    chocolate mint (you never have enough mint!)

LOTS of iris including
    Skating Party Iris
    Sudden Spring Iris
    Reincarnation Iris
    Titan's Glory Iris

Agastache Purple Haze
    Agastache Golden Jubilee
    Lavender Dwarf Munstead
    Catnip

Seeds: bachelor's button, cleome rose queen, celosia pampas plume mixed colors, California poppy watermelon heaven

Nikki, Wonderful box and I can't say thank you enough!

July swap will be posted by Friday folks!

Mark

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

WOW! Did we have some horrendous thunderstorms today as well as tornado watch warnings..not to mention mopping up the basement when it was over..sheesh!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Great box, Nikki & Mark!

Did I miss where Pat had received Heather's box? It sure seems like it was sent quite awhile ago....I'm guessing I over-looked the post! UGH!

Nikki sends to Mark REC'Dcolor>
    Carol sends to Margo SENTcolor>

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

One more day of work, and then I'm off to wander the land for awhile! The first place I'm going is a beach on Lake Michigan, located just south of Empire Michigan. Here are a couple of pictures of the place.
    This first one is of the pathway to the beach...

And this one is of the beach itself...

I'm planning on staying at the beach for at least a couple of days, hanging out, being one with the wind & waves & gulls, and going into the village of Empire only for provisions.
    I'll check in from time to time this month, but I'm going to mostly be away from the house and the 'puter, so don't worry if you haven't heard from me for awhile, okay? See you soon!
    -Dan

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

My Bologna has a first name,
    It's O-S-C-A-R.
    My bologna has a second name,
    It's M-A-Y-E-R.
    Oh I love to eat it everyday,
    And if you ask me why say,
    Cause' Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh I wish I was an Oscar Mayer wiener
    That is what I truly wish to be
    'Cuz if I was an Oscar Mayer wiener
    Everyone would be in love with ME!

But....

I'm glad I'm not an Oscar Mayer wiener
    That is what I'd truly hate to be
    'Cuz if I was an Oscar Mayer wiener
    Everyone would take a bite of ME!

Yay for Oscar Mayer!! :P

ROFL!
    Dan...have you had your Oscar Mayer song stuck in your head today?? I've been singing mine all week! LOL!

Drivin' my kids nuts, I am!! :O)

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

CRUNCH!!!! Nope, it just kind of hit me a few moments before I posted it! LOL!!!

And now, if you all will excuse me, I'm going to go sleep in a tornado. I've positioned 4 fans this afternoon around my bed, and before I go to sleep I'll be turning them all on full blast. That way, all the air will be mixing up with me in the middle, and I'll be sleeping peacefully in the middle of a tornada. If you've never tried this, then do so. It's a lot of fun, whether you go to sleep or not! I like doing this occasionally during the summer.
    See you all tomorrow night!

My, but it's windy in here! LOL!

• veeja11
    14 years ago

My box was delivered but hobo Margo must be on the road again. Dan I hope you got the invite to come see my my space garden, I have 4 now one has a gumdrop pond and cupcake mountains, put some gummy worms in my garden there, its fun for rainy days. here is a pic of most of my front bed, just starting to bloom.

hugs carol

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Alrighty then! All boxes have been sent & received, so I'd say this swap is done! :O)
    YAY!
    Thank you to everyone for making this a wonderful swap! I hope everyone had fun!

Now on to Mark's July swap!

• smitties
    14 years ago

Hi everyone, I am in Columbus, Ohio dogsitting and housesitting for my son and new daughter in law. They are in Belize on their honeymoon. Fortunately, my box arrived on Wednesday before I left and I was able to pop all the plants in the ground before I left. My hubby is making sure they get watered although severe storms have been hitting there and here for the last two days.

Carol included a list of the items she put in here fantastic box and I thought I threw it in my purse on the way outside the door. I now can't find it. I will wait to post everything til I can make sure I don't forget something.

Thank you Carol for the great box and I am sorry I have not informed you it had arrived. The kids left here in such a hurry, I have been busy cleaning and of course, shopping. We don't have much access to many shopping places in Bowling Green where I live. Can't pass up a good sale. :) I will be stopping at a greenhouse on my way home tomorrow. I noticed coming here that plants are 1/2 off. I am sure the two teenagers in the car won't be happy but they know they have no choice. Will post the list of goodies when I get home.

• smitties
    14 years ago

Here is the list of items in my box from Carol. Things are doing well in the garden.

orange asiatic lily
    daylily - country holiday
    columbine
    varigated sage
    raspberry pulmaria
    varigated grass
    blue Iris

Garden rock with ladybug on it
    A cute frog pin
    Garden gloves
    Showe gels
    decorative candle

Thanks again to Carol.

• diene
    14 years ago

Hello Everyone;
    On the Birthday exchange is a message from HNB's son, she lost the baby and is still sick. I am hoping by the time I write this things are better but she will still be very sad.
    I came to make sure that everything was done with this swap and I think it is. If there is anything outstanding, let me know, okay.
    Thanks.
    diene