Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veeja11

All my bloomin friends x-mas in July swap

veeja11
17 years ago

Ok its time to sign up for the Christmas in July swap. You must be a member of all my bloomin friends to sign up or e-mail susie to join. this will be a partner swap . the box must contain at least one christmas item, the rest is up to you but this time of year plants would be nice, at least 2. Must be mailed by july 21st. signup here if you wanna play. it should be lots of fun

Comments (118)

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

remy, i'm going off the questionnaire, but if you too want to list something else that you thought of since completing it, i'll be happy to listen.

and by the way, here's my 'common' pandora's box

{{gwi:1277076}}

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

• skohler
    17 years ago

wish list :))
    anything with
    Butterflies /Hummingbirds /cats/ birds
    daylilies /hostas/ coral bells / Geraniums
    primroses / white foxcloves / mums/
    Please NO Sedums or House plants

love home made xmas candies or goodies :))
    garden gloves
    paint pens
    Plant stakes
    address lables
    personalized stationary :))
    vines anything
    pond lilies anything but white

I have 6 birds & 3 cats , ya know I
    Just like surprises :))
    well its that time ladies So I will be back in the
    morning :))
    Good Night All
    susie

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

1. Easter Lily
    2. Daylily "Monterey Jack"
    3. Rose "Seven Sisters"
    4. Daylily "Wisest of Wizards"
    5. Front Hosta bed
    6. Daylily "Night Beacon"

Earthly, your "Pandora's Box" daylily is very pretty.
    Also, I hope I didn't come across the wrong way. What I meant by "common" was that I know most people have this one, not that the daylily itself is "common". I had one some years back, but we moved in the winter time, and I couldn't take it with me. I never got to see it bloom as I had just planted it out in that fall, and then we found and bought our house. Thank you for sharing! :-)
    Also, thank you for your kind words on the June post. I appreciate them so much. Thank you for the prayers as I appreciate them very much as well. Hugs

Have a wonderful weekend all.
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Sorry about all the weeds in some of the pics. I have been working for two days straight getting those little suckers out of there, LoL. Just ignore them :-)

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

beaitiful pictures, tina. i was glad to see the post that identified them. NO, not at all coming across wrong. i laughed, because i had just taken a picture of and wanted to post pandora's box that just bloomed and i saw your post. no offense taken at all - either way, i'm sure.
    that wisest of wizards, is it of sharing size? if so, i would like a piece. and weeds? this year is the worst for them.

off to a family reunion today, be well all. happy blooms.

maryanne

• skohler
    17 years ago

just one more picture to share while it opened today:))

this one is called

NOBEL LORD

and yes a few weeds :(( you all told me I could not pull
    weeds so I have to wait for my new gardener ,he will be here tomorrow :)) yes earthly he is right up your alley :)) but he has a gal friend but shes not Jealous :)) boy am I lucky :)) .
    I had him here working for over 8 hrs the other day .

I have my brother here working today So I have to go help & will post a picture of his project :))
    have a great afternoon .
    susie

I may have some news for you all later that is if my
    parner in crime gets back with me today with an answer :))) right carol :))) .

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Everyones pics are so beautiful. I love all these daylilys.

Sue, I have my 16 yr old nephew coming here on Friday to help me weed, mulch, and fertlize. I'm not sure how much to pay him - do you mind if I ask you how much you pay your gardener an hour?

Would love to hear your news.

Maureen

• skohler
    17 years ago

Well Maureen I trully got lucky This guy is a neighbor from down the road & he & his gal drive by & see all my gardens & they want to start their gardens so I started out paying him $5.00 ph Lunch & all the gatorade or water he wanted .

Now the guy says he would like to work for plants & Let me tell you this dose not hurt my feelings at all :)) .

they both are very nice couple & he works hards & I don't even have to tell him what needs to be done he just starts where he see that it needs it .

any thinning of plants he takes what he can use & we pot up the rest . for my other trades .

here is what my brother built for me today. mind you it is not finished off yet , still needs the doors & shelf
    inside it yet.
    My nephew in the back groud . waiting for chow :)))

today was my 1st BBQ ON my New Deck :)))

{{gwi:1282431}}

{{gwi:1282432}}

I have to get my new slider door on tuesday & after it is in I will take a picture of the whole deck if I can fit it all in :)) this deck is as big as my bedroom :))
    12x24 :))

well Now I would like to ask if there might be any of you that would like to do a 4th of july box ???

you can send anything as long as it is a red/white or blue theme Just a Patriotic box .
    like candles, flags , banners , firecrackers :)))
    plants & for this one I will list who wants to play then the plays say who they would like to send to .
    if that is ok or I can draw a name for you .

you do not have to play in this if you do not want to.
    & you do not have to send me a hostess Gift for this is just an added robin if anyone wants to do it .
    please let me know .
    boxes just have to be sent out by or before the 20th of July even though the 4th is over July goes on :)))

Now one more thing before I close . I see we had many BIRTHDAYS this month .
    sguanzon
    Irish_rose_garden
    dancingmoon
    plantladyjan
    Pattygrow5
    pattyp2257

ladies sure hope you all had a wounderful month .
    & all your dreams come true .
    we love you all & thank you for a great group.

susie

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Did I miss all those birthdays? bad carol. happy belated birthday to all you oldies.

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Susie-Your brother did a great job on that. Love your deck.

Happy Birthday to all those who had Birthdays this month.

Missed the Christmas in July Swap. Will get in on the next one. So very busy this time of year. Will let you know about the 4th of July Swap.

Spacecoast Krinkles

Navaho Princess

Spacecoast Extreme Fashion

Destined To See

Beautiful Edgings

Susie-A trade sounds good to me. Just LMK

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

oh shirley, that destined to see is certainly something - such a pleasure to look at. are all spacecoast type d/l's ruffly like that? if so, i need to get on the ball.

maureen, i have some teenagers that help me. no matter how much time (anywhere between 3 to 5 hours), i give them each $25.00, everyone goes home and takes their showers, then i take them out to dinner. no one has ever complained and they come back and work another day.

sue, your brother did a fine job on your (potting) bench. is your gazebo top an old satelite dish?

my mother's side of the family had a family reunion today. the woman that put it together did an outstanding job. how nice to reconnect with so many people! nice way to spend a rainy saturday too!

i'll leave you with this - TUNE THE HARP. interesting how these leaves curl under...i don't know what type that classifies them as, anyone????
    {{gwi:59611}}

be well all, happy blooms
    maryanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Oh Carol, my friend, I'll go along with the wish list you posted for me as long as you send fudge, anything else is extra. I don't even care much if the old man has teeth if he is still able to sing. OK?
    You may, however keep the depends. We all know you need them worse than I do.
    There is pleanty of space left here for new plants. Not as much sunshine as I thought though. These trees are HUGE. Much bigger with leaves on them than when they are just bare . The stuff I planted in the shade is living and seems ok but is not growing much. It probably needs more sun than it is getting. I may have the trees "Limbed up" and see how they do that way.
    Anyway, I'm easy to please so send whatever you want to find a new home for. I love mail and surprises.

• skohler
    17 years ago

Just wanted to say sign up for the 4th of july exchange
    with be the July 1st:)) Boxes to be sent by or before
    the 20th of JULY :))

hope to hear from you .
    susie

I'm very proud to have a brother with a Huge Heart:))
    will send fished pictures soon :))

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Sue, thank for the $$ info. You sound like you have a great deal going there with that man helping you. 5.00 per hour or for plants is great. And your deck looks beautiful. Your yard is so beautiful. I've been admiring it in all the pics I've seen lately. I'll be paying my nephew 7.00 an hour, but I always forget how to count and add extra :-) He's 16 yrs old and saving for a Movado watch so he's doing all kinds of cleaning and yard work to save money. I admire his hard work.

Earthly, that sounds like a great deal you have too. How many teenagers usually help you at the same time? So much work can get done when we have someone to help us. And arent' those daylilys beautiful. I can't see your pic, can anyone else see it?
    p.s. are you looking for any special seeds? PLMK.

Brittneysgran - hi, I'm new to the group this month. Your daylilys are beautiful.

Maureen

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I've been working way too hard! I did interview for an easier job in the company this past week, so hopefully I get the job. I think I did very good on the interview.
    How did all those birthdays get missed?! Well, I hope everyone had great birthdays and got what they wanted: )
    I just love looking at all the pictures! I really need to become better at learning all this photo stuff. I wish you all could see my roses!

Maryanne,
    I don't have a wish list right now.
    I think I pretty much said it all on the questionaire. I saved copies of everyone else's and not mine, lol. One thing I think I did not list is for collecting. I collect buttons(pinbacks). I have every catagory from political to rock bands. So if you're a pack rat and have some of them in a drawer somewhere, lol, you can send them to me: )
    Remy

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

~ Susie i just love your deck!! I am sure you will get alot of use out of it!!...
    ~I really enjoy looking at everyones photos, they only lillies i have are stargazer and they arent even close to opening. But they are my favorites so i can wait!...You lucky folks that have friends and family to help you in your gardens!! Wish i could get some help! DH helps when he is in the mood, and the kids will help when i pull their teeth out !! ~ I just got more hours at work, i was working 2 days a week, and now they moved me up to 5 days!! ~ I hope i can manage!!..Trying to put a plan into effect so i can get all my chores done, and gardening, and taking care of mom, blah, blah!!!!...
    ~I am just about done with my pals box!!...Do we wait til July to send out our Christmas card??
    Hope everyone is enjoying their day, and had a great weekend!!
    ~Off to the grocery store! (YUK!!)
    Blue Skies!
    Trish

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies
    Yes I love my deck & can hardly wait till my margarita party wish my gardening friends could make it . anyone is welcome :))

maureen :your welcome & you will fine that many teens
    like my nephew likes to get movie tickets to take his gal to the show :)) I Can usually get 3-4 hrs of work from him :))

Do we send the card before the box ??? or in the box ???
    carol it might just be you & I for the 4th box :)) .

My Friend took me to a Korean restrant tonight & she order a dish for us that is still burning my lips :(( very spicy hot but oh so good :))

well I have a few gifts to send out so you all have a great evening .

susie

• mellen
    17 years ago

Goodness, so many pretty flower pictures.

Sue, nice looking deck and scenery. Wish we all did live closer so we could get together with you. What fun we could have!

Even though I won't be in the next couple of swaps doesn't mean I won't be posting here.

We got back last evening from MN. Our son and his girlfriend had been here for a week visiting. On Wednesday we drove them back to N. MN then stayed a few extra days with him and a longer visit with Molly and her parents. Such nice people! We are ready to be home for more than 2 days now, though. :)
    I won't be going anywhere too far away now until Thursday. LOL Later, Mellen

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mellen we expect you to post. I made you one of my lovely gardening visors today. dh says it is my cutest so far. here is a pic of Beths easter lillies, I am suspicious that earthly may be trying to pass them off as hers. hugs Earthly. Susie I don't think I signed up for the july 4th swap, so it may just be you. I am trying to cut back on postage costs

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

carol, i wouldn't pass off anyone's pictures as my own. i have my own flowers, my own pictures. not sure i understand the (humor) in your thought.

mary ellen, glad to see y ou are back. your box is going out either today or tomorrow, the rain is starting to let up.

so much more is blooming and the weeds are just out of control.
    sue, that was me who stressed some interest in the 4th swap, but since there's not much interst, i'll call it a day.

maryanne

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

Here are a few pics, i really stink at taking pictures!!
    If anyone knows what the groundcover is in the first pic with the lavender PLMK! Thanks!

ASTILBE & ROSES

WOULD THESE BE CONSIDERED "DITCH LILLIES"?? with rose campion

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Trish, those pictures are very pretty. I love the lilys with rose campion. I think they are ditch lilys but not 100% sure. Lots of people don't like them -- I happen to love them. That pic looks like it could be a greeting card.

(I know it's big, but isn't it pretty?)

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Please forgive me Mary anne, It is 94 degrees and sunny here today, This is seattle, this heat has warped my already warped sense of humor, I was joking because you posted your white lillies that look like Beths on another thread. I am sorry I have asked dh to kick me for you.
    sorry big hugs carol

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

cards should go out before boxes, send now. Earthly, please forgive me, I really can't bear it if you are mad at me. I's too hot to cry I can't afford the water loss

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Trish,
    Your plant is Aegopodium podagraria 'Variegatum' which is also know as Bishop's Weed , Gout Weed, and is also known as Snow on the Mountain. Though other plants are known as Snow on the Mountain too.
    And yes, those are ditch lilies properly known as Hemerocallis fulva. I bought the pink version, Hemerocallis fulva var. rosea, last year, because of the picture on a cover of Horticulture magazine. I planted it out back because I knew it would live without care. My little plant has buds on it! I'm very excited to see it bloom.
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Hemerocallis Fulva Varieties

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Sue - I got a great envelope in the mail today with ***birthday presents *** from you. You are so sweet, and you made my day. I'm so glad I have you for one of my "bloomin friends".

Carol, 94 deg in Seattle, wow that's unusual, right?
    Hope it cools off soon.

Here's 2 pics of my daylilys that were blooming today:

Siloam Royal Prince

Looking for the name of this beauty (my first daylily ever)

Have a great night everyone.

Maureen

• skohler
    17 years ago

Maureen Glad it arrived & Hope you can use :))

as for the 2nd picture I think it is also one of the siloam daylilies have to research that tomorrow :))
    will let you know .

Ladies I will be away most of the week from 8 am to
    7 pm we or our neighborhood are holding a flea market
    from may 27th to july 4th & I offered to help with
    the cook out .

I will be checking my mail early mornings & late evening if I can :)) .
    I hope everyone have a great 4th :)) weekend.

susie
    we are doing a fund raiser :)) for a 7yr girl
    who has cancer :(( .

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

HI Sue. Yes, I can cerainly use the nice gifts. The plant holder that goes on the furniture is on my end table in the living room with a plant on it. It's pretty and matches my blue couch and rug. The wall vase is adorble and will put it to good use.

I think your right, someone told me Siloam double classic. And I remember it being a Siloam something. What a great thing to volunteer your time for. Can I send you a check for the fundraiser? It's wont be a lot but I'm sure they can use any amount. I would rather send it to the 7 yr old than buy another plant.

Have a great week
    Maureen

• skohler
    17 years ago

Maureen
    glad they were usable :)) My siloam Double classic has not Bloomed yet but if & when it dose I can let you know for sure :)) .

as for the donation's that is very nice of you ,
    this little gal has been through allot in the last
    Yr & we are Doing the fund raiser to help make the time she has left an enjoyable one ,such a sweet heart.
    anyway Have to go set up the food booth today
    you all have a great 4th .
    susie

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

carol, not to worry, i am not mad at you, only dogs get mad. people get annoyed :) and i wasn't even that, i just didn't understand, hence my response.

i love all the pix that are posted. trish, your pink or purple astilbe is nice. both plants that i have bloom white. i too have that bishop's weed. i love it. it bloomed this year too. sue sent it to me as a part of last year's birthday swap. your d/l's, even if they are ditch, are quite nice. i too like them, they are reliable and do not require any work whatsoever. they are great fillers for real problem places as well.

nice daylilies and signature maureen. your royal prince pic is very vibrant.

i'm finding most of the yellows are the first to bloom.

another day of rains, flood warnings and sticky weather. making it easier to weed, but i'm certainly NOT in the mood to do so. trying to get collars on these new dogs so we can go away for the week, but there's very little cooperation. the vet suggested benydral (sic), NOT working. i shudder to think what the previous owner of these dogs did (or didn't do) to them.

maryanne

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

96 is a record breaker for us 85 today will tie our record for this date, dh said yesterday, how would I feel if the news came on and said this is it from now on due to global warming and no electricity for the air conditioner, I'm digging a hole and going underground. thankyou Earthly for not being mad at me, I couldn't bear to lose one of my bestest friends, love ya hugs carol

• mellen
    17 years ago

Talking about weather, we have had the most wonderful weather these past 3 or 4 days. Highs in the mid to upper 70's with low humidity. Sunshine with breezes--perfect days to work outside.

My May and June hostess gifts went out in Tuesday's mail. Better late than never??? Mellen

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hey carol, are you still collecting mini vases?

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

dancing moons~ Aegopodium is pretty but it is very invasive. It is actually banned in Massachusetts for that reason. So plan accordingly if you have it or are thinking of planting it.

I'm enjoying everyone's pictures! I'll try to post pictures of the few things I have blooming soon too!

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

I wanted to thank Susie for the "belated" birthday gift she sent me. A beautiful notebook and a windsock! Susie, you are so sweet, thoughtful, and hard-working. Please don't worry about it being belated though as my birthday is not until August! :) You are such a dear. I hope I didn't mis-type in my birthday or maybe it was intended for someone else? If so, lmk and I will forward it on. In any case, you rock!
    Theresa

• skohler
    17 years ago

Thresa , Yes I trully goofed :((
    I was sending a package to
    dancingmoon ,pattygrow5,pattyp2257 ,Plantladyjan, & Iris_rose_Grower For the june birthdays I don't know how I got your addy on the envy, did the card have trish or
    thresa on it ?? .

please just keep and I will find out witch one didn't get one & will send then their's :)))
    it has been crazy around here for this week getting ready for the charity flea market :))
    I will be in the cook's tent :)) for the next 6 days :))

Tomorrow is our 1st day of it so I may not be on till late evening .

Trish : Sorry I sent your B-day Gift to thresea :(( so she will enjoy that & I will get yours out to you:))

Sorry for the mixup but glad I cheered your day :)) .

good night all . Oh My door is in :))) .
    as soon as the mess is cleaned up I will get a picture to share with you :))
    susie

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Sue, I would love to see the pic of your door.

Since I missed the daylily trade, I'm feeling the need to look at daylilys :-) Here's what bloomed today:

Noid fragrant yellow

{{gwi:630183}}
    Noid orange - really love this bright beauty.

{{gwi:331925}}
    I think this is my Indian giver.

Have a good night all. susie good luck with the flea market.

Maureen

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Susie, I will send the package on to Trish. You have your hands full right now. Trish, I will get it out to you tomorrow.
    Theresa

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

~~Susie!! thanks so much for your thoughfulness :)
    You have added extra sweetness to my birthday! 49 is a tough age LOL!! with the big five-0 just around the corner now!!
    ~~Theresa, thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to forward that along!!
    You all are just the best bunch of friends!!
    Blue Skies!
    Trish

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

Susie thank you so very much for the birthday gifts that was very thoughtful of you! I wonder who will have a overflowing mailbox on July 9th? Patty

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies
    Just a quick note to Let you all know that so far today we have raised over $ 2000 . We are all On a very

exciting High :)) as to how our 1st day of sales has gone :)) I'm so tired tonight but the day was so filled
    with so many good people :))
    we had the trucker's on their CB's telling others of the food we had :)) . what a day & I can tell it is going to get better :))
    To All Our June Bloomin Friends Birthday Gals
    I was happy to do it they were just small tokens
    & glad they arrived ok :))
    Well I have to go lay back & unwind .
    will be back I hope tomorrow evening . My xmas box will be going out after the 4th . :)))
    Have a great night all .
    susie

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

While we're on the subject of birthdays, lets not forget Sue! Her birthday is July 9

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Thank you to mellen for sending me a belated May hostess gift. BEAUTIFUL windsock-style "streamers" in an array of colors. It is perfect on my back porch. Thanks so much mellen!
    Theresa

• skohler
    17 years ago

ty luna yes getting closer try to chatch up with
    carol to the depends age :))) love you all .
    have a happy 4th :))

got to get to my Booth have a great day .

susie

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

What do ya mean susie, I am going to be 21 this year. there is a new thread for this swap folks.
    hugs carol

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

SUSIE!! (skohler ) Thank you so much for you birthday gift!! You are so thoughtful....And thanks to Theresa24 for forwarding it on to me!! Susie sent me , seeds!!
    30 minute meals cook book, Chocolate covered orange creme sticks (lookimg yummy!) And some Jobes plant food spikes!! What a wonderful gift, and treat, and surprise!! Thanks so much Susie for taking the extra time to think of me! your the best!!
    Blue skies (and hot today too!)
    Trish (DancingMoons)

• skohler
    17 years ago

Your welcome trish Just sorry it took so long getting my June Gifts out :((

I think thou I sent to pattyp & yours is in JULY
    Right ???
    this has been a very mixed up month for me my june is july ya know & Now my july will be aug :)) .

well my friends I need to go to town
    if any June birthday gal did not get a gift PLease
    let me know ok .

susie

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

My package was sent out today to Patty, USPS #0305 0830 0004 1527 2035. I hope you enjoy it! ;)

Merry Christmas, LOL!

• pattyp2257
    17 years ago

susie thankyou for my birthday surprize yes my birthday is in july i will be 49 and that will be great i just love the 30 min cookbook and i already ate the chocolate i just love chocolate and the herb seeds will be great i thankyou and everyone have a great fourth of july i just love having met all my new friends on the blooming friends and everyone be safe for the holiday patty

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH