Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

update: part 2 obf june's special friend swap

brittneysgran
9 years ago

GAME TIME::::::::::::::

I watch several reality shows, tell me which one is my favorite and you win this.

Daylily 'Sidewinder O' Seven'

Comments (72)

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

Nikki, your box went out today so expect it on Wed. hopefully.

Laura, funny Santa story!

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    9 years ago

Ok thank you I will keep an eye out and let you know when it arrives.

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    9 years ago

Laura, I sent your package out today. Hope you like it.

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Shirley - #1 Sheri's box -( Sherri sent/ Shirley received).
    Sheri - #12 Susan's box -
    Jayeanne - #10 Shirley's box (Shirley sent)
    Nikki - #7 Sharon's box (Sharon sent)
    Erica - #8 Jasmine's box - (Jasmine sent/Erica received)
    Sharon - #9 Beth's box - (Beth sent/Sharon received))
    Jasmine - #5 Jayeanne's box (Jayeanne sent/Jasmine rec)
    Laura - #11 Suzanne's box (Suzanne sent)
    Suzanne - #3 Carol's box
    Beth - #4 Erica's box (Erica sent/Beth received))
    Susan - #2 Nikki's box
    Carol - #6 Laura's box (Laura sent)

Lots of boxes making their way to some lucky gardeners.

Jayeanne - your box also went out today.

Carol-Take care of yourself, it is so hot here you can't work outside until the sun goes down in the evenings.

Laura-Sounds like a Santa movie I saw once....too cute.

I'm traveling to Tennessee tomorrow to a daylily farm. Like I need more daylilies but heck I sure do like to see ones I don't have. Several of us daylily lovers went last year and had a fun day checking out daylilies.

Night ladies

Shirley

• lilangel181
    9 years ago

Thanks for letting me know, Suzanne, I'll keep an eye out for the box this week.

Carol, Definitely take care of yourself before worrying about anything else. I hope you're feeling better already!

Shirley, What a fun sounding trip! Drive safely and good luck on your willpower!!

Whats everyone else up to?
    ~ Laura

• veeja11
    9 years ago

started digging today, it will take me two days since I can't breathe well, went in for chest x ray, they found a 10 cm shadow on right lung so gonna do ct in next couple of weeks, so could use prayers from those of you who pray, that its not cancer. hoping for pueunomia seems weird but i am. by the time cancer shows on an x ray it is usually too late to treat. so positive thoughts please. can't wait for my suprise, I love suprises, hope Suzanne loves her box, picking some beauty no name days, should take pic but gotta breath to do that. will mail by friday. big hugs to all my bloomin friends

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Veeja11,

How scarey. I'll keep you in my prayers. My mom had cancer, so I know what a terrible thing it is. I do hope that it is simply pneumonia. Take care and good luck with the ct.

9 years ago

Carol, I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care!

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Healing Prayers sent, Carol. A health crisis is so worrisome and scary. I'm also going to pray that you have some fun, love and joy these weeks as you wait to hear.

Sheri

9 years ago

Carol - sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

• lilangel181
    9 years ago

All of my love and healing wishes are being sent with that box, Carol! I know you'll be OK, so try not to worry too much.
    ~ Laura

• veeja11
    9 years ago

Thankyou all for your prayers and good wishes, finished digging today, woke up worried that i will not be able to do Julys swap. could some sweet person take it on for me or trade for a later month. it seems to take more energy than i have to just get on the computer. darn ct is really booked up so it could be up to three weeks before I know whats wrong, todays hubby diagnosis is toxic mold, holdin onto straws here. big hugs carol

9 years ago

Susan - your package is on its way should be there friday..
    9405 5036 9930 0324 1619 43
    I hope you enjoy the extras I added. and that they make their trip in good condition.

Sharon - got the box today thank you. it looked like it got beaten up on the way here. everything looked good except the clematis the whole stick is dead and almost hanging off, should i just chop off the stick or leave it? there are 2 green leaves on it, the root ball looks great. I was surprised to see buds on the tango lily.. I hope they open for me and the move didnt shock them too much. I ended up sharing the formosa lily, gamecock iris, and a daylily with my mom i let her choose between 2 of them and she chose the eternal memories, shes happy!! Thank you for the extras. Cant wait for everything to grow.

This post was edited by cinnie0 on Thu, Jun 26, 14 at 14:20

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

Nikki, glad you liked the box. I would leave the stem on the clematis, but even if the stem dies, the clematis should come back next year from the roots. I was debating about taking off the buds from the Tango dot com lily but thought how much fun it would be for you to see it bloom if possible. Yep, the Asiatic lilies are just beginning to bloom here.

Carol, I'm so sorry to hear of your health problems. Wishing the best for you.
    sharon

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

HI Shirley! Thank you ever so much for the most amazing box! I absolutely loved everything! including the surprises!! I dont know how you got everything to fit in that box, LOL. You know it was like Christmas in June! hahahaha

I am ecstatic Shirley - Cant wait to see the blooms on these, thank you so much!!

Hugs!
    Jayeanne

This post was edited by pinkiris on Thu, Jun 26, 14 at 21:33

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

For whatever reason I am still not getting the posts to come through to my email as they did before =( Not sure how to correct this problem.

Annie ...Hope you had a FABULOUS Birthday!

Love and hugs!
    Jayeanne

• veeja11
    9 years ago

Could somebody please take july. I will take your month, or good opportunity for a newbie. suzanne, your box flew today , tracking 9114999944238120558010. hope you are all well. big hugs carol

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sheri - #12 Susan's box -
    Jayeanne - #10 Shirley's box (Shirley sent/Jayeanne received))
    Nikki - #7 Sharon's box (Sharon sent/Nikki received)
    Laura - #11 Suzanne's box (Suzanne sent)
    Suzanne - #3 Carol's box (Carol sent)
    Susan - #2 Nikki's box (Nikki sent)

Carol so very sorry to hear about your health problems. Praying God will heal and he can as we know.

Jayeanne-I don't have the posts sent to my e-mail so don't know if others is having your problem or not. Hopefully someone can help you with this. So glad you liked your box, it was fun getting it together.

I will mail out all the plants for those who won the games next week.

If someone can take July for Carol that would be awesome.

June - Shirley (In progress)
    July - Carol
    August - Melinda
    September - Jeanne
    October - Annie
    November - Maryanne
    December - Sheri

We have time for one more game and I can get this one in the mail next week with the others.

Name this Daylily and it is yours.....It has two words in the name
    First clue - The first word is a berry.

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Ill Guess Raspberry Candy

Jayeanne

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Looks like Raspberry Candy, but since that's been guessed, I'll try:
    Raspberry Cupcake

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

I have a question. I've seen Carol ask a couple times if someone will take July for her and then I see the list posted above with names assigned to months. Can someone please tell me what that's about, as I am new to OBF and am completely clueless.

• beth_b_kodiak
    9 years ago

Carol, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope Greg has picked the diagnosis right for you.
    I would offer to do your Christmas in July but we have a wedding to go to and expect to be away about 10 days.,
    Erica, at the start of the year we sign up to hostess certain months.Christmas in July has been Carol's baby for several years now.. Hope someone else can explain in more detail. It's not difficult, but it is time consuming.
    Shirley, that is a beautiful Daylily but I'm clueless on the name.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

I will do July's swap. I have a very easy, fun idea.

Ruth volunteered to do the December swap for me, but if she can't maybe Carol could do "Christmas in December"... ha! :) Carol, I hope the next two months bring some good health news to you.

Sheri

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Fri, Jun 27, 14 at 12:29

• lilangel181
    9 years ago

I forgot to mention that my box from Suzanne arrived the other day!! I can't believe how much you were able to fit in that box- and it all arrived in such good condition despite the heat! Everything has been planted except the mock orange cuttings which are in water, and the irises so the cuts can dry a bit more. Also I just saw your email about the aqua-mint... if you haven't already, don't trouble yourself sending that separate. Everything is already so wonderful!
    *HUGS*
    ~ Laura

• canyonwind
    9 years ago

Carol, you are in my thoughts....prayers for you that all is A-OK. And extra prayers that you do not have to wait three weeks for a CT scan.

Laura, Santa at Sam's Club...LOL...he must be getting ready for Christmas in July!

Happy Friday!

Annie

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Shirley... that daylily is gorgeous. I'll guess Wineberry Candy.

Sheri

9 years ago

As a newbie I was wondering how do you pick who does what month and does the person who gets that month choose what they want to do? are there any guidelines/rules, certain amount of games that need to be played etc. anything else us newbies should know?
    thank you
    nikki

• lilangel181
    9 years ago

Im going to guess Cherry Berry. It is a beautiful one, too!!

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Susan B.... I got your fantastic plant package today! Everything is already potted-up and resting in the shade. I think everything is going to make it because you sent them with great root structures. Thank you so much!

Sheri

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

June - Shirley (In progress)
    July - Sheri
    August - Melinda
    September - Jeanne
    October - Annie
    November - Maryanne
    December - Ruth

Sheri-Thanks for taking July and reminding me Ruth took December.

No one has guessed the daylily yet so you can guess again tomorrow when I give another clue.

As Beth said about being Hostess for the monthly swaps. We pick the month we want in January of each year. The swap theme is totally yours. You can have as many games as you want to play. If someone sees they can't host the month they picked, ask someone else to take it. Hope this helps with all the new members who have joined.

Sheri - #12 Susan's box - (Susan sent/Sheri received)
    Laura - #11 Suzanne's box (Suzanne sent/Laura received))

Shirley

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Shirley, thanks so much for the clarification on the monthly hosting.

My daylily guess for today:

Blueberry Candy

• skyblue52
    9 years ago

hello recieved my box from Nicki. She put some extras in which was a great treat. All in good cndition. And a marshmallow pop that last uhhhh 5 seconds yum I needed that This was fun Susan

9 years ago

Susan - Glad they got to you in good condition. Also glad you liked the marshmallow. My daughter and I made them for her baby shower last week and we had a few extras. Hope the plants do well for you.
    this was fun. cant wait to see what we are doing for next month!
    nikki

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Susan - #2 Nikki's box (Nikki sent/Susan received)

We have two more boxes in route so when Carol receives hers that will be it. Thanks to everyone for making this such an easy swap, you ladies are the best.

Since I will be at the market most of the day tomorrow I will give you the next clue but don't guess until Saturday.

Still working on the first word of the daylily name:
    No one has guessed the correct berry yet...so pertaining to the berry it grows wild as well as tame. Although I perfer the wild ones for they are so good.

Shirley

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Hmm. That is proving to be a crafty daylily. I guess:

Huckleberry Candy

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Erica... I think you got it! Looks like it's a re-bloomer, too. I love re-bloomers.

Shirley... this was an excellent swap. Thank you.

Today, I'll be posting the July swap, so everyone can look it over this weekend.

Sheri

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

I am going to guess 'blackberry cobbler'

Jayeanne

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

That's a really good guess, too, Jayeanne. :) Guess we'll find-out tonight!

Sheri

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jayeanne - Congratulations the daylily is Westbourne 'Blackberry Cobbler'. I met the hybridizer for the Westbourne daylilies (Mary Jane Meadows). Bought a lot of her daylilies when I went to visit her. I need to take pictures of some of them, they have names like Granny's Snuff Box, Granny's Bonnet, Mama's Banana Pudding, Newborn Baby and Piggy Pen to name a few.

Shirley

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Wow! Thank you Shirley! I cant believe I got it right! LOL There are so ooooo many - I am starting to really get into these daylilys - so many and so beautiful! That is amazing you got to meet the hybridizer for the Westbourne lilys! What fun names she gives her plants too! I would love to see any photos Shirley - you know I still have yet to have a daylily bloom here yet for this year, LOL. We are about 5-6 weeks (or more) behind in the flowers/blooming on just about everything. (Believe it or not, the last heart on my bleeding heart just finished up this past week, and I still have Columbine blooming....LOL) Patiently waiting on the lilys now =) Thank you again Shirley!!

Jayeanne

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

Shirley, I wanted to poke my nose back in here and tell you how much I enjoyed your swap. June was fun! Thanks

Now I'm looking forward to Sheri's July Easy Swap. LOL
    sharon

9 years ago

I received Carols box but I am at the camper in Mich. so It will be a surprise when I get home. My mother is taking care of it.

• veeja11
    9 years ago

Laura, no box yet, tracking number said it was out for delivery in renton wa, did you possibly put my old address on it . i believe i sent you my current spanaway wa addy, will check tomorrow to see where it is, sorry for the confusion

• lilangel181
    9 years ago

The address I have for you is 16407... If that's not correct I can resend most everything for you. Sorry!!!
    ~ Laura

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Suzanne - #3 Carol's box (Carol sent/Suzanne received)

Almost finished with this swap..sure hope Carol's box arrives.

Sharon thank you, I enjoyed it.

Shirley

• skyblue52
    9 years ago

Hello I recieved Nikki Box. I did not see it posted. Susan

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Suzanne - #3 Carol's box (Carol sent/Suzanne received)
    Susan - #2 Nikki's box (Nikki sent/Susan received)

Thanks Susan

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Thank you so much Shirley for the gorgeous 'Blackberry Cobbler' Daylily..... it looks perfect! Cant wait for the blooms =)

Hugs!
    Jayeanne

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The PO said it would be there Saturday.....Wonderful

Melinda-Your pussy willow cuttings were mailed you should have received those.

Nikki-Your Iris 'Blue Eyed Susan' was mailed today.

Shirley

9 years ago

Shirley Got my iris, thank you