Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OBF Wacky June Swap

Posted by brittneysgran z6NC (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 22:18

photo OurBloominFriendsLogo-Red.jpg

Our Bloomin’ Friends requires that you be a member of OBF in order to participate in this swap. If you would like more information about membership, contact myself or Carol.

So many exciting days in June I just had to list them all. LOL

June, 2013 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days:

1 Dare Day

1 Flip a Coin Day

2 National Bubba Day

2 National Rocky Road Day

3 Repeat Day (I said "Repeat Day")

4 Applesauce Cake Day

4 Hug Your Cat Day

4 Old Maid's Day

5 World Environment Day

6 National Gardening Exercise Day- Get out and exercise with your plants.

6 National Yo-Yo Day

7 National Chocolate Ice Cream Day

7National Doughnut Day always the first Friday in June

8 Best Friends Day

8 Name Your Poison Day

9 Donald Duck Day

10 Iced Tea Day

11 Hug Holiday

12 Red Rose Day

13 Sewing Machine Day

14 Flag Day

15 National Hollerin' Contest Day - third Saturday in June

15 Smile Power Day

15 World Juggler's Day - Saturday closest to June 17th

16 Father's Day - third Sunday

16 Fresh Veggies Day

TBD Nursing Assistants Day - First day of National Nursing Assistants Week

17 Eat Your Vegetables Day

18 Go Fishing Day

18 International Panic Day

18 National Splurge Day - Oh yeah!!

19 World Sauntering Day

20 Ice Cream Soda Day

21 Go Skate Day

21 Finally Summer Day- Summer Solstice

22 National Chocolate Eclair Day

23 National Columnists Day

23 National Pink Day

23 Take Your Dog to Work Day (Why!?) .....date varies

24 Swim a Lap Day

25 Log Cabin Day

25 National Catfish Day

26 Beautician's Day

26 Forgiveness Day

27 Sun Glasses Day

28 Insurance Awareness Day - Now who do you think invented that!?!

28 Paul Bunyan Day

29 Camera Day

29 Hug Holiday

29 Waffle Iron Day

30 Meteor Day

This month we will be swapping....what else but plants again. I will leave it up to you as to how many, but please send a nice box to whom ever you get. I know alot of the stores now have mark downs on plants so you may find a really great deal in some plants your partner would love to have and can't find. Plants also multiply rapidly so you may have some that are ready to divide and share. I will take names until June 10th and you have until June 25th to mail out your package.

Shirley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OBF Wacky June Swap

Please count me in!

Sue G

o

Me me me.
I'm in.
Michelle

o

Count me in :) So ready to do a nice swap again :) Can't wait!!! Shirley, I loved the list of "National Days" for June.....so funny!! I MUST remember to do some of these....just for the heck of it! LOL

Happy Gardening,
Janet

o

Please count me in!

Sue G

o

Janet-take your dog to work day....that would be very interesting.

Swappers so far:

Sue G
Michelle
Janet
Shirley

Good start for the first day.

Just started raining here....heard it is going to get bad. Night all...............

Shirley

o

Shirley, that would be a great idea but something tells me that my former boss (I'm no longer employed outside the home) wouldn't appreciate a Siberian Husky blowing in his office causing it to look as if it were snowing in June in Mississippi. Nope, don't think that would have went well at all....funny thought though LOL And she does like to travel.....just not when she's blowing LOL Hope you and yours are safe during this weather. It's raining on and off here....we needed it. But there was a lightening storm that popped up earlier while my dad was mowing and it bout scared both of us to pieces! All is well thankfully.

Can't wait to see who I'm paired with :)

Happy Gardening everyone,

Janet

o

count me in as well:)

o

Swappers so far:

Sue G
Michelle
Janet
Shirley
jlee

Janet I have a Husky as well....She constantly wants to find a cool spot or a muddy water hole to roll in. Bless her heart she burns up in the summer.

My GD Brittney got married Sat...wanted to share some pictures of the wedding.

Brittney and Hunter 4 photo BRITTNEYSWEDDING10_zps933e39f7.jpg

Brittney and Hunter 2 photo BRITTNEYSWEDDING11_zps96132ad7.jpg

Brittney & Bridesmaid photo Brittneyswedding2_zps5c2931f4.jpg

Shirley

o

Aw Shirley....I feel for your husky too.

On a brighter note, thanks for sharing the photos of your GD's wedding....absolutely beautiful!! Such cute poses too :)

It's 1am here so I suppose I need to be getting to bed. Have a great night everyone.

Janet

o

Oh Shirley what great pics! Looks like it was a fun wedding. Your grandaughter was a beautiful bride!

o

Shirley,
I love the wedding pictures! Just beautiful.
I'll have to skip swapping for now. I ended up in the hospital last week and they kept me for 6 days. I didn't think anyone spent that long in the hospital these days. Also, have to go back for surgery at some point so I don't think the doctor will want me digging up plants or planting.
It's definitely daylily time here - my daylilies are just beautful this year and so many all in bloom at once. I know some of them come from GardenWeb members so they are greatly appreciated.
Jeanne

o

Happy Birthday Sue. Sure hope you had a wonderful day and that you have a great year ahead!

Shirley, I can't believe Brit is of the marrying age. She looks gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the pix.

Count me in this month, why not, right? Love adding plants to the garden and hopefully I have some that somebody wants! I just can't always count on having the names.

It's been raining like mad today. Supposed to spend tomorrow at the arboretum, but it won't happen now, the ground is just too saturated. at least i can sleep in now.

my granddaughter was hand picked by her school principal to take part in the flag raising and lowering ceremonies on the last day of school. such an honor!

didn't get to sleep until extremely late last night, some time after 3, since it's coming up on 12:30, i'm going to call it an early night and get into bed.

stay dry everyone. hope none of our members are in the path of the storms.

happy blooms,
maryanne

p.s. anyone have any castor bean they wish to trade:

o

Sue, hope you had a Happy Birthday!

Shirley, I'd love to be a part of this swap also.

Loved the wedding pictures! Brit is just radiant!

Are we supposed to do something with one of the June daily holidays?

And can I request that I need to get my box before June 27th.

Jeanne sorry to hear you have been so sick.

Sharon

o

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I think I have some castor beans to send you Maryanne, just send me your addy.

o

Passing on this "wacky" month of June!!! Have fun!!!

Shirley, you did the flowers for the wedding?????

Jeanne, thinking of you! Be well!

Sue, Happy Birthday...belated!!

Happy Sunday!

Annie

o

Sue-My DH's Birthday was June 6th..hope your day was extra special.

Jeanne-Hate to hear that surgery word but sometimes we have no choice...please keep us updated. My daylilies are blooming as well. I forget how beautiful they are.

Maryanne-Yes my little GD has grown up. I remember when she was 3-4 yrs old and she would call us to come and get her. She loved at our house and we loved her being here.
One time I remember I left Eddie to watch her and when I got home he was asleep in the recliner and she was watching him. She had him covered in a blanket and gave me the hush sign when I came in the door. She was always so grown up. I never let Eddie live that down.

Sharon-It would be cute to include one of the June holidays...good idea. I will start thinking about what I can do with one of them.

Annie-Yes I did the flowers for the wedding. Brittney had her heart set on calla lilies but with our crazy Spring no callas were blooming, so we settled for peonies. I cut approx. 60-70 blooms plus other blooming flowers. I ordered lots of callas for the wedding but they just started blooming this week.

Swappers so far:
Sue G
Michelle
Janet
Shirley
jlee
Maryanne
Sharon

Sitting Out:
Jeanne
Annie

Thanks for the kind words about the wedding pictures.
I have a few more to share.

Brittney & Hunter 13 photo brittneyswedding3_zps01294364.jpg

Brittney and Hunter 3 photo brittneyswedding5_zps0ae9d67f.jpg

Brittney & Hunter 14 photo Brittneyswedding7_zps4855ff13.jpg

Brittney & Hunter 15 photo Brittneyswedding9_zpsb2968e48.jpg

As you can tell I am not a proud Grandmother.

Shirley

o

Shirley.....the pics are great! Thanks for sharing with us! Lovely!! She was definitely a beautiful bride :)

Jeanne....so sorry to hear you were sick, hope you will be much better very soon!

Last but not least.....

Sue....Happy Belated Birthday! I hope it was all you dreamed of and more!

Hope everyone had a restful Sunday and your week will be sunny, (rainy if you need it) and full of blooms!!

Janet

o

Happy Iced tea day. Just realized this morning that I wanted to join this and thought I might be too late but I see today is the final day so

COUNT ME IN!

Shirley, wonderful pictures. It looked like a wonderful day.

Yesterday was my daughters first wedding anniversary and I can't believe it has been a year already. We watched their dog while they had a fun weekend and then they came over and shared the wedding cake topper with us. Can't believe that was a year old. I froze it for them and did a job on wrapping it good. Tasted pretty good.

A good rain just passed through so now the ground is perfect for getting those nasty weeds out. Outside I go.

Margo

o

Hi, Lovely Ladies-Couldn't decide to sign up or not but I think I can get this one done, too. Thanks Shirley for making an easy one for us! Blessings, Margaret

o

Swappers so far:
Sue G
Michelle
Janet
Shirley
jlee
Maryanne
Sharon
Margo
Margaret

Sitting Out:
Jeanne
Annie

Ok here is who you send to:
Sue G - sends to Margo
Michelle - Margaret
Janet - Sue G
Shirley - Maryanne
Jenn - Sharon
Maryanne - Michelle
Sharon - Shirley
Margo - Janet
Margaret - Jenn

I will post a game this week for players and non-players.
Everyone join in.

Shirley

o

Great, actually I had hoped to send to Janet. I just need her address.

I work the next three days and then have six off so should be able to get things dug up and sent off.

Margo

o

Hi, Ladies-Glad to get Jen-I don't think we have exchanged before so looking forward to it.

Jen-Please send me your address & should get this in the mail soon.

Have a great day, All. It is cloudy here with lots of thunder but not any rain yet. Just the time of day I like to work outside. Blessings, Margaret

o

Michelle sent me an e-mail message and asked me to let everyone know she can't swap this month because she can't access GardenWeb. Perhaps someone can e-mail her to follow up since partners have already been matched. I'm sorry, but I have not been online much since I got sick. To add to the original problem I now have either a summer cold or my sinuses really acting up. Even my teeth hurt. Arg! Hope it all goes away soon!
Jeanne

o

Jeanne-Thanks for the info about Michelle. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Sure hope things turn around for you real soon.

Sue G - sends to Margo
Janet - Sue G
Shirley - Maryanne
Jenn - Sharon
Maryanne - Margaret
Sharon - Shirley
Margo - Janet
Margaret - Jenn

Night ladies.....

Shirley

o

Good morning everyone. Before I saw Jeanne’s message, I had been in touch with Michelle. Heck, I don’t see my message responding to the partners. Maybe I didn’t hit submit or just another GW glitch?!!!! Anyway, Michelle will swap this month, she just can’t get in to GW, but has an IPad that she can access, but not the same as if it were her computer. So SHE WILL BE SWAPPING.
I sent her her partner name and address. Margaret, I’m sure she will be in touch with you.

Jeanne, please take care. Hope all works out. When it rains it pours sometimes, right? BTW, how are those grandsons doing these days? No recent pix!!!!

I had the most beautiful gesture done for me. I had posted some of my garden pix on facebook, and a friend surprised me with some notecards that she made from my pictures. Such an unexpected and wonderful gesture. When you least expect it, right?

Well, I’ve done my laundry, it’s sorted, not put away, I now need to mow the back lawn and then I am headed to the library to week and plant. We are expecting more storms come tomorrow, and they have been severe. Not as bad as the Midwest, but insane weather nonetheless. If I don’t get my chores done, I don’t get to go away for the weekend (self punishment LOL), and I really need to get out of here and away from certain people for a few days to regroup.

Have a great Wednesday.

Maryanne

o

Sue G - sends to Margo
Michelle - Margaret
Janet - Sue G
Shirley - Maryanne
Jenn - Sharon
Maryanne - Michelle
Sharon - Shirley
Margo - Janet
Margaret - Jenn

Glad to hear Michelle worked out her computer problem and can participate this month.

Maryanne-I have to have those get-aways quite often. I think as we get older we have to have me time. If you have any special wants please LMK before I ship your box. Who knows I may just have it.

Shirley

o

Shirley, I just noticed the addtional wedding pictures. they are wonderful. did you have the reception on your grounds or in a hall? love th guys "formal" wear. everyone looked beautiful. now let's see a pic of you with the bride.

As for plants, I love everything, peonies, hosta, iris, lilies, things i have no clue that i will love. i will be happy with anything at all that you send me.

I'm volunteering at one of our libraries and I spent yesterday, digging out the raised "circle" in the front. it's been neglected for years and years and was a mix of stubborn grass and weeds. It took me about 6 hours just to get a little better than half of it weeded, sift the grass/dirt that i pulled out and raked. maybe after the rain the next half will be a breeze. Once that's all done, then I'll plant it. The pic - taken sometime in winter - is the circle, keep in mind the tree is now in bloom and the "green" more lush. I meant to bring my ca me yesterday, but..... So, I'm thinking of hosta either on the perimeter of the wall or the base of the tree...what do you all think? I have some other shade loving plants that I'll place and then the friends guild will purchase some annuals for filler, but not until i get it planted and mulched. keep in mind the leaves/branches of the tree extend completely over the entire circle. once that's done, then, with help - i hope - the the grounds will be done.

We are under another storm watch today, the rain has begun. It's as dark as night out there. some spring, hey?

enjoy your day everyone!
happy blooms!
maryanne

o

Maryanne-It is so rewarding to take over a project such as you are doing. There are so many shade loving plants out there. Lets see there is astible, hellebores, hostas, bears breeches, coral bells, and what is so neat is most of them bloom. Please post a finished picture. Yes I will post a picture that I was in when Brittney gets them all back. The photographer just e-mailed her some of them. They rented a barn for the reception. The wedding was outside by the barn. A gorgeous barn it was and it is only used for weddings, reunions and get-togethers, Brittney and her bridesmaids stayed in the upstairs of the barn on that Friday night. It is like a whole living area for the group.
The man who built it sends the rent money to missions.

I am speaking to a group tomorrow about irises so I need to get all my facts together.

Night ladies

Shirley

Shirley

o

sorry I missed this one, found a hosta yesterdat, growing in a bag on my couch, another plant left out of Earthlys box, hubby found a columbine a day after box flew. guess I will send extra large next time I get her. will everyone please send me their addressess, to veeja3@gmail .com, so I can have them for next months swap. thankyou. hugs carol

o

Hey ladies, I sure hope everyone is enjoying the weather where you are. It's hot here already and when I'm able to get out it has to be very early morning or really late evening.....mid day work is out of the question unless it is a must.

Maryanne, I hope that you've gotten some help with that project you've taken on. I can't wait to see what you've done with it! I'm sure it will be stunning :D

Shirley, your GD's wedding pictures are truly beautiful, but that is easy when you have such a beautiful subject to photograph. She's is gorgeous and the wedding party was beautiful. I just loved the venue and the poses.....simply adorable! They all looked like they had a blast in the photos!
I hope your talk on irises went well also :)

Jeanne, I sure hope you are feeling better soon. I just recently had that sinus stuff and it turned into bronchitis for me but then with my immune system (or lack of), that didn't surprise me on the doctors LOL

We recently got a new dialysis machine and now instead of sounding like a jet engine about to take off, it's as quiet as ever. Hopefully now we can get on a schedule and stick to it so I'll begin to feel much better soon. This can be for the birds but you take it and you deal with it. Right :) God's been really good to me and so I try not to complain. Besides, who wants to be around someone that is a complain box all of the time, right? :)

Ok, so, I have been looking at my daylilies ..... the few that I have and I have one or two with no names. I'm going to post a pic of them....at least one at a time .... and see if any of you ladies recognize them. I hope so because I'd like to have markers with names for them :) so, if I can figure out how to download a pic to GW, then maybe I can become a millionaire ??? LOL...... kk, wish me luck, here goes nothing.....

o

It worked!!! Yay me!!! LOL

o

sharon , will you please send me your address? thanks!

o

Janet-I got a bit rattled when I started talking to the group and didn't even use all the good notes I had written. I just winged it and told them (from experience) what I knew about irises. Several said it was really good info and I sure hope so. Thanks for all the kinds words about Brittney. She is the only GD we have and quite spoiled but I have loved every minute of it. Her little brother who is only 9 is the only GS we have and the same again. In fact they are the only grandkids on all three sides of grandparents. Yeah your picture post worked. I don't know the name of your daylily but hopefully someone will.

And talking about daylilies I have a daylily prize for someone who can guess the following:

We had some work done by experts on our property today tell me what we had done and you win this. If no one guesses it correctly I will give clues.

Cleopatra
Cleopatra photo egyptianqueen.jpg

Shirley

o

Shirley, at least you made it through the speech and they got something out of it :) That's a good thing!

As for my guess for the game: septic work? LOL I dunno LOL~~

Hope everyone has a wonderful Father's Day!!

Janet

o

built a new deck?

o

Good answers but no one has guessed it yet, I will give a clue tomorrow.

Hope to mail your package this week Maryanne, will let you know when.

Shirley

o

Tree service/trimming?

Just got back from a much needed weekend camping trip. Our oldest son joined us yesterday but Friday night it was just hubby and I. That is the first time in 30 years that we have camped by ourselves. Very strange.

I need, need, need to get out in my garden and weed. I am going on an outing tomorrow with a friend up to Michigan to see some special gardens. Tuesday will be spent weeding and packing up my box. I hope the weather is good for it. Am watching the news now to see what the week will hold.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and all dads had a good day today. Margo

o

Can anyone please send me sharon's address? she said she needed her box prior to the 27th, and if I don't get it out today, thurs or friday- it will arrive after that. I haven't heard back from her yet. Thanks:)

o

putting in a waterfall?

o

Shirley - Irrigation system?
Would I ever love one of those!

Thanks to all for the get well wishes. I'm off my antibiotics and still at home so hope I can last just fine until surgery gets scheduled. An issue is I have a trip planned from July 1-10, but I'm going to try it if all goes well.

Two tomatoes from my garden so far and my daylilies are blooming like crazy! So beautiful.

Jeanne

o

Sorry. Double post. Still have issues with GardenWeb.

Jeanne

This post was edited by sandlapper_rose on Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 17:13

o

Margo-You guessed it...I was hoping it would not be too hard. We had 12 huge pine trees and the tree guy came and topped all of them. It was amazing he knew just where they would fall, my Aunt's house is right beside the pines.so we hoped he knew what he was doing. Margo you will get daylily Cleopatra.

Jeanne-You will also get fans of Cleopatra....just because.
I love you lady and I hope you get to go on your trip.

Stay tuned for more daylily give-a-ways.

Shirley

o

Wow, I thought I would be way off. Thanks Shirley. I am going to find a good place to put Cleopatra.

Margo

o

Shirley, thank you so much! That's a beautiful daylily. I did more than usual yesterday and was very tired today so still trying to decide whether my body is ready for normal or not. Probably not, but 75% of normal would be good!
Everyone have a great rest of the week.
Jeanne

o

My box went out this afternoon. I dropped it off at the kiosk and it said delivery would be Saturday. I sure hope they are quicker than they have been lately or it won't get there until Monday. I know the plants are packed well and it is cool here until Friday but I sure hope they are in air conditioning for the ride. I need to remember to get my packages in the mail Saturday through Tuesday for best delivery.

DC 9505 5000 2693 3170 0001 80

Janet, I hope you like the things I sent. Margo

o

Margo,

I'm sure I'll love what you send. I'm just excited to be swapping again :D Congrats on winning Cleopatra! She's lovely!!

Sue G - your box will leave out on Monday. Hope you like it!!

Happy Gardening all,
Janet

o

Jeanne-I guess that is the hardest part (over-doing) when we know we shouldn't. The daylily can be potted so you don't have to dig a hole this soon.

Another daylily give-away...............This time please tell me how many daylilies I received today in my recent order.

You will win this daylily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snake In The Grass Boo

Snake in the Grass Boo photo sankeinthegrassboo.jpg

Good Luck

Shirley

o

Congrats Margo on winning Cleopatra! Beautiful daylily! I'm sure I'm going to love whatever you send...don't worry :) Our mail is so slow here somedays that I try to send my boxes out on Mondays. The heat here is rough but I received a package of melon seedlings that went out on Saturday and arrived at my door on Monday :) They were still damp and in good condition....so don't worry....snail mail is just that way :)

Shirley, did you receive 7 new lilies??? I like 7....number of perfection :)

Janet

o

Not sure if you can win twice but if so, if I were to guess correctly again, I would want the daylily to go to the runner up. I just like to play. I am going to guess

Margo

o

how about 15?

o

How about 22?

o

Well that was quick....

Jenn you won daylily Snake In the Grass Boo.
The correct # of daylilies I got was 15.

A friend of mine invited me and another lady to visit her sister-in-law today In another town to see her flowers. I took off work and was really excited about going. Oh my goodness her flowerbeds and landscaping were divine and also her house. Not a weed anywhere, I was sad to come home and see weeds in my flowerbeds. I just can't possible keep ahead of the darn things. Of course she did not work and I do so...........that would help if you could devote all your time to keeping those weeds at bay. It was such a fun day and I told her Better Homes and Gardens should have her featured in one of their magazines. I love the different ideas individuals come up with and sometimes copy them. But it does take money to buy all the extra pots, plants and etc. Sigh...............maybe one day mine will be where I want them to be.

Shirley

o

Sorry I haven't been on line much lately ladies. Sure have missed a lot.

Jenn, I sent you my address through GW, let me know if you don't receive it.

Maryanne, how exciting to have the chance to make a public garden. I like the idea of civilized shade plants for a library. So Hostas sound great. Also I think astible leaves would be a good contrast to the hosta leaves, have to water them a lot to get them established though. Coral Bells offer such a wide variety, it would be easy to add some color with them. I think white lilies would lighten up all the leafy plants. I know Shirley already suggested most of these, but I had to second her choices. :o)

Carol, you are too funny .... finding plants in your couch!!!!

Janet, no help from me on naming your daylily... sorry. Glad to hear about your new dialysis machine.

Shirley, glad to hear your speech went well! And oh, what lovely daylilies you offered as prizes! And I will be sending your box out later today. :o)

Margo, glad you had a good camping trip. Anywhere special?

Last week hubby and I spent 3 days on Mackinaw Island. One night at the Grand Hotel - I can scratch that off my bucket list, and one at Mission Point. We had fantastic weather, biked all over that island, saw some beautiful wildflowers and some gorgeous landscaped yards .... and it was lilac season there ... they have a TON of lilacs on the island! Today is my day off so up at 5am sigh, took Cassius for a 2 mile walk. Now I just got to get my butt outside and dig up some plants for Shirley!!!
Sharon

o

Sharon, camping was no place special. We went to a state park here in Ohio. It was just south of Columbus so my son who lives nearby could join us.

We have camped in the upper peninsula just to the east of the bridge right along the river. Great park. Never been to Mackinaw Island though. Considering I am a former MIchigander, I guess I have cheated myself from all I have heard. Glad you enjoyed it.

Hope everyone is having a good week and if not, don't worry, it is almost over. :) The weekend is upon us.

Margo

o

Did you go to teh lilac festival? I love Macinaw Island:) I haven't been there in a couple years, it is so relaxing:)

o

Sadly no we weren't at Mackinaw Island for the Lilac festival. The lilacs were late this year so we were there for the blooms though. Our cottage is about 2 hours from the Island so we end up there every couple years for the day with family or friends. This is the first time we spent the night there.

Today was beautiful here. I had such a good day. Digging for Shirley's box and some other gardening. Then hubby came home early so we had an early picnic dinner at a park. Then off to Kohls with the 30% off coupon . LOL
Off to bed now, got to get up early for work. Night all!
Sharon

o

Sharon, what part of Michigan do you live in? I used to live in St. Clair Shores, then Kalamazoo before setting in Ohio.

Happy weekend everyone. Margo

o

can I join this group

o

can I join this group

o

Hello everyone.

Before I start rambling, thought I’d just say that I celebrated a great milestone in my life today. This day last year I suffered a heart attack and this day this year, I am above ground, breathing, alive and so truly thankful. Okay, ‘nuf of that!

Shirley, If you have not mailed my box, I’ll be away this week, returning either Saturday or Sunday of next week. If you did, then I’ll leave instructions.

I did start the library circle. I weeded it completely, bringing it down to the soil, turned it and mulched the bed. I’m not sure how this will fair, I’ve heard some horror stories about this particular garden bed. Even after I cleared it, it was still being used as an ashtray. But once I planted and mulched, I added a little fence all around it just for the time being to see what happens. I’m seriously keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!

Around the base of the tree, I put common green hosta and between it, put clumps of (gasp) bishop’s weed for some color contrast. All along the perimeter of the bed, I put in clumps of a low growing sedum -- stonecrop with yellow flowers; a nice sized autumn joy sedum ; two heuchera’s ��" one oblivion and one purple palace; yarrow; columbine (not sure which one yet); pulmonaria, coreopsis; perennial geranium; Interspersed throughout, I placed varieties of both marigolds and coleus. I think that was it for the first planting. Then after a few days, I added some BES, coneflower, Shasta daisy, a few daylilies (not a clue which ones), spiderwort and yellow archangel and some lily of the valley. I’m sure I am forgetting quite a few.

Some things have transplanted rather well, and a few others are sad. I have gone back and watered every day except yesterday and was happy that the new librarian actually watered today. I’m away all next week, and have impressed upon them that it must be watered every day to establish the plants and promote its growth and success. In the next couple of weeks, I’ll put some other things in, not sure what yet, but for sure I want to fill every space. Once I see how all this fairs, I have to consider 3 or 4 seasons. For now, this is my trial and error project! It is quite rewarding and I’ve talked to so many people and even got a marriage proposal from being out there. One thing for sure, is I’m glad to be here and able to do it. The woman that is supposed to take on the courtyard, I’ve yet to see. If she doesn’t show up soon…….

congrats ladies on your flower wins flower are beauties.

shirley, did you take any pix of the garden you visited? Sure would like to see them. Would love to see yours as well. Heck, I would like to see pix of everyone’s garden. I hear you about the weeds and I’m around and still can’t get a handle on them 100%. I try, but it’s close to impossible.

i'll be getting michelle's box out closer to the end of the month. i've emailed her to let her know. i have a few items already potted up and waiting, and am trying to decide on the others.

Jeanne, glad to hear thinks are looking better.

Sharon, your trip sounds wonderful and a lilac festival….oh, I’d be in my glory.

I took my granddaughter and her g/f to a library workshop geared towards kids on those roly poly/pill bugs. very interesting. There are 12 or 14 varieties in the US. There’s one that albino and another that is actually blue ��" the blue one is sick, it carries a virus. It really was a great program, they say geared for kids, but I get so much out of it. Last night we did the dig into summer reading program and they kicked off the season with a wonderful magician/entertainer. He had the audience in the first few minutes. I am so fortunate to have several community libraries around me and all of them offer something all the time, so you can really pick and choose.

Well, I rambled on for a bit now….I did so while I enjoyed a cup of tea, so, it was like I had tea with you all! My cup is empty, so I'll shut my type!

hope everyone is well and enjoying their blooms. my lilies are just beginning to open. what about you?

Maryanne

o

Hi all sorry to have missed this one. Maryanne super happy you are still with us. tomorrow is the summer solstice parade in seattle, nude bicycle riders, most of them have body paint tho. can't go hubby works. pity please. the plant I found was on the love seat we never use. still need lots of folks addys for obf records. hugs carol

o

Hi all sorry to have missed this one. Maryanne super happy you are still with us. tomorrow is the summer solstice parade in seattle, nude bicycle riders, most of them have body paint tho. can't go hubby works. pity please. the plant I found was on the love seat we never use. still need lots of folks addys for obf records. hugs carol

o

Maryanne, enjoyed your update and so glad you are still with us. :)

I checked on the box I sent and I just knew they wouldn't deliver it today. It says expected delivery is today but it just processed in Mobile, Al at 5:53 today. I am sorry if the plants don't make Janet. Soak them and let me know if they are going to make it. If not, I can replace them. I should be able to replace all but one as that was one I bought two of. I hope they make it though. Darn post office.

I was outside grilling this evening and saw a hummingbird flitting around. I told it I would put out my feeders tomorrow. It was funny because then as it flew off, my son in law said, "come back soon". I haven't put them out because I did it last year and would keep maintaining them but never had them visit last year. I have only ever seen one and that was two years ago. We built here six years ago so I think it took time for them to find me.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Thunderstorms passed by early this evening so we had a nice rainfall which I fully enjoyed.

Margo

o

Margo, I live about 20mins south of Detroit. my sister lives in Kalamazoo now ... she loves the west side of the state.

o

Well, I am down in Bowling Green, Ohio so not far. I know there has been talk with others about having a plant swap some time for members who live in this area. I wonder if it could some how be arranged. Something to think of in the future. I think it would be fun.

Hot, hot, hot here. We had a tstorm blow through last night that cooled things down a bit and gave us a good water. I am hoping it happens again tonight. I don't like having to water everything.

Stay cool all. Margo

o

Hello, All-It is so hot here & supposed to be until the end of the week. So humid, also.

Jen-I got your package in the mail this afternoon. Hope it gets there in good condition-Let me know if anything needs replaced. I had such a small box so didn't wrap too good. The P.O. stamped it "Special Handling" so maybe they will do that.

Your confirmation # is 9114 9010 7574 2189 6770 60

Supposed to have some thunderstorms every day this week also. Stay safe all & have a great week. Can hardly believe it's almost the 4th of July. I noticed that some of the schools are starting to register the children already. Where does the time go. This year is almost half over.

Blessings, Margaret

o

Thanks margaret:) I will let you know when it arrivews.
Sharon- your box went out today as well , you shouldve gotten the conf # by email.

had a long day today. Spent a good chunk of it in urgent care due to my daughter having bilateral ear infections, she is also supposed to have her tonsils out wed. So I was making a lot of phone calls as well. Then I had a mandatory 3 hour meeting at work. I am hoping she does well tonight and is able to sleep. Breaks my hear seeing her in so much pain.

o

My package arrived and I am anxiously awaiting word from Janet as to how it made it through the trip. As I had suspected, it took longer than they said. I now know it is best to send plants on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday.

Margo

o

shirley, I just saw that I won the daylily :) thank you!

o

o

o

I had some sudden dr's appts the last two days when I got off work ( I work 5am to 1:30 pm) so I was unable to ship my box. I am so sorry - best intentions! I will do my best to get it out tomorrow.

Sue

o

Finally! I've been trying to log in to GW since last night and finally sent them an email to which they replied, yes, we are experiencing log in issues. Please bear with us.

So, now that I'm here :) Margo, yes, I did receive your box and the only thing that almost didn't make it was the garlic chives. Otherwise, everything else is great! Thanks sooooo much oh and my hubby thanks you too.....hehehe....he took my sunflower! hahaha He said Oh wow! I've always wanted one of those ...silly man!

Sue G, your box will go out tomorrow. I wanted to send it yesterday but we had manic monday here along with rain. The heat has been really rough on my gardens this year. Seems like between the rain and our watering, it just isn't enough :( I'll post your confirmation # tomorrow as soon as I get it. You should get it no later than Friday. Hope you enjoy it!!

My Monday.....the guys decided to move our chicken tractor...with the hens in it and of course, I now have a hen with a broken leg. Add to that, hubby's alternator went out on his truck, fixed that then the driver side window came off the track, fixed that. Rain. Rain. and more Rain. After a few weeks of quiet deliberation and suttle mentions to hubby, I think I've come to the conclusion, painful at that, that it is time to find my Siberian Husky a new home. Doing dialysis full time and my allergies have left me with nothing to be able to take care of her like she needs and deserves. Not to mention the fact that we now live behind my parents and she has no fenced in area to play leaving her tied to a stinking tree day in and day out. I just can't let her live that way. So, for her best, I went today and talked with someone that is on the Humane Society board and absolutely loves dogs. She totally understood my situation and has offered to make an exception to the Shelter rule for Lydia (my husky). She has a co-worker that may want her and will have first choice. If she doesn't want her then our deal will be that Lydia will reside at the shelter, which I toured and is exceptionally clean and the animals actually looked happy. If after a few weeks, Lydia hasn't found a good home, then I'll go back and get her. I do not want her to live out her life in a box or on a lead. So if for whatever reason I should have to go and get her, I'll then contact the Rescue Mission for Huskies. I know she'd be taken care of at either place and am satisfied with that. For now though, she's still here. My heart just hurts thinking of not having my little baby here :( I'm a huge animal lover, especially dogs. Ok, so that was my Monday......

Now to list the happies in my box......
The cutest Solar Dancing Sunflower (which DH confiscated LOL)
Magic Carpet Thyme (seeds)
Parsley Flat Leaf (seeds)
Lovage (seeds)
Greek Oregano (seeds)
Garden Creos (seeds)
Sweet Basil (seeds)
Balloon flower
Bee Balm (which btw, I am SO excited to receive!!)
Coral Bells (can NOT wait to see these!!)
Lemon Balm
Chocolate Mint (I can't smell it enough!! hehhehe)
Garlic Chives.

Thank you so very much Margo for the wonderful box of goodies!!!! Hubby thanks you too ;)

Janet

o

Janet -- what is rain? Is it that sort of wet stuff that comes out of the sky? Here in Phoenix, believe it or not. We do not get rain from March thru June (maybe about a sprinkle one time in April in the middle of the night when no one was looking). You guys who have rain are SOOOO lucky. Well it will get up to about 118 this Saturday...guess why we would be happy? Because it has to get to between 115 and 118 for more than a couple days to bring the Monsoon in which means rain. Also means humidity for us but at least the temps drop below 110. The last week of June first week of July are always the hottest of the year. Then we get muggy (well muggy for us anyway) -- you wouldn't believe what the rain means to the plants!

o

Janet, ignore my email I just sent. I see you have received the box and most made it through. I hope you still went ahead and planted the chives. They most probably will come back. I am glad you enjoyed your box.

Margo

o

I had a box waiting for me when we got home from the hospital. Thank you Margaret. I love the mini hostas- very cute:)
From Magaret, I received 3 mini hostas, august moon hosta, 2 heucheras, and ginger. She also sent from flavored coffee, and gloves. Thank you so much!

o

Jen, got my box today. Boy it was sure beat up, soaked, ripped. You can tell it had opened and they had taped it back up.
Nice box ... I received
Elizabeth campanula,
Rose Campion - very deep red .... I like,
White Violet,
Blue bells - off my wish list .... Thank you!
Lamium Orchid Frost - off my wish list .... YES!
Crazy Daisy - had this once but lost it, glad to have it back.
Coreopsis
Balsam
2 noid hostas
Got to get out and get it all planted.
sharon

o

Jen, got my box today. Boy it was sure beat up, soaked, ripped. You can tell it had opened and they had taped it back up.
Nice box ... I received
Elizabeth campanula,
Rose Campion - very deep red .... I like,
White Violet,
Blue bells - off my wish list .... Thank you!
Lamium Orchid Frost - off my wish list .... YES!
Crazy Daisy - had this once but lost it, glad to have it back.
Coreopsis
Balsam
2 noid hostas
Got to get out and get it all planted.
sharon

o

wow, I can't believe it got so beat up! It was taped up pretty goodm adn in great shape when it left! I hope everything looked ok even thought the box was beat up.

o

Margo, no worries. I loved everything and planted all but the seeds LOL I've got to make some room and decide where to plant some of those but I'm excited!!!

Sue G, your box left out today and should arrive at your door on Friday. The conf # is 9505 5108 8449 3177 4890 67. Let me know when you get it and hopefully, all is in tact. Oh, and if I could have boxed some of the rain, I'd certainly send you some but it stopped right about the time I sent that last message hahaha

Sharon, don't you just love how they take such good care of our packages? Ugh!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week,
Janet

o

Wow what nice boxes everyone is receiving.

I received my Wonderful, Awesome, Fabulous, Best Box from Sharon.....I can not to do it justice without typing it all out so will do that tomorrow. She used many of the June 2013 Daily Holidays-Special & Wacky Days so I will post it all later.

Off to bed

Shirley

o

Jen, the plants all looked fine. But if you had put a note in the box it wasn't there when I opened it.
Raining cats and dogs right now. Thank goodness I got the grass cut right after work instead of walking the dog ... sorry Cassius (the dog). All the rain should be good for the new plants in my garden :o)

Shirley, glad you liked the box. :o)

o

There was a note- it basically explained what plants were there. I had also included a flower from the coreopsis, and a hosta leaf of the one I cut back so that you could see what they looked like. I am glad they looked ok

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-I just received my box from Michelle with the following plants which I looked up: Monarda-Pink Lace & they are a miniature Monarda which I really like the smaller of all plants it seems, Aloe Spider,(I think this a house plant, if not, please let me know) Oxalis- Pink bulbs that states its a perennial, 2 Monks Hood-Blue Lagoon & 2 Monks Hood Napellus. I have never had Monks Hood before so would love some information on them. Also included the darlingest pen & some Miracle Grow singles. I am looking forward to trying some of these I haven't tried before. The neatest card covered with butterflies was enclosed, too. Thanks so much , Michelle. You made my day & hope to get to planting tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be only in the 80's for the next few days so should have time to get them in the ground.

The boxes are flying & they look great. Thanks, Shirley, for hosting. It has been a good one. Blessings, Margaret

o

OOPs-I forgot the neatest things Michelle sent. Four different Hens & Chicks. I have been working on my Rock Garden & am so happy to get them. Thanks so much, Michelle. I love them & can't wait to find the right spot for them. I just keep adding to this garden & I really enjoy it. Blessings, Margaret

o

Came home after a long day of work getting ready for inventory to find my box from Sue waiting on the table. A well stuffed box at that. In it I found

well packed plants
Ruellia
Shade Fanfare Hosta
Dwarf coreopsis
Red Salvia
Vetchii Gardenia

I love all these selections and their little roots are soaking in anticipation of going into their new homes tomorrow.

I also found two adorable frogs for my collection and a little teacup candle.

Thank you Sue for the great box. I had fun unpacking it and will enjoy the plants for years to come.

Margo

o

Great boxes...Way to go Ladies

Now for my awesome box from Sharon:

Sharon wrote::::::::::::
On this day, June 21st 2013, I am digging and mailing out your box in celebration of "Finally Summer Day-Summer Solstice"
Daylilies:
Only the Lonely - your verbal request from days gone by. Wishing Hugs to all those who are Lonely............Hug Holiday

Purple Many Faces - to replace the one someone else must have loved also....Forgiveness Day (I told Sharon I hired some help and I think my helper helped himself to this daylily. She sent it to me years ago when we were in the traveling daylily group and it has been one of my favorites ever since).

How Beautiful Heaven Must Be - a Beautiful Daylily..so beautiful in fact I think it deserves...... Camera Day.

Asiatic Lilies:
New Wave -
Tiny Spider
These 2 together are in celebration of ...Best Friends Day

Oriental Lily:

Shocking ---don't have these tagged but 95% sure they are Shocking'....In celebration of...Dare Day...how Dare I send you a bulb I'm not 100% sure of.

Clematis:

Pink Fantasy...In celebration of .....National Pink Day

Sunglasses...in celebration of...Sun Glasses Day....

Now does everyone see why I thought this was such an awesome box..

Good job Sharon.....I loved it.

Shirley

o

Great boxes...Way to go Ladies

Now for my awesome box from Sharon:

Sharon wrote::::::::::::
On this day, June 21st 2013, I am digging and mailing out your box in celebration of "Finally Summer Day-Summer Solstice"
Daylilies:
Only the Lonely - your verbal request from days gone by. Wishing Hugs to all those who are Lonely............Hug Holiday

Purple Many Faces - to replace the one someone else must have loved also....Forgiveness Day (I told Sharon I hired some help and I think my helper helped himself to this daylily. She sent it to me years ago when we were in the traveling daylily group and it has been one of my favorites ever since).

How Beautiful Heaven Must Be - a Beautiful Daylily..so beautiful in fact I think it deserves...... Camera Day.

Asiatic Lilies:
New Wave -
Tiny Spider
These 2 together are in celebration of ...Best Friends Day

Oriental Lily:

Shocking ---don't have these tagged but 95% sure they are Shocking'....In celebration of...Dare Day...how Dare I send you a bulb I'm not 100% sure of.

Clematis:

Pink Fantasy...In celebration of .....National Pink Day

Sunglasses...in celebration of...Sun Glasses Day....

Now does everyone see why I thought this was such an awesome box..

Good job Sharon.....I loved it.

Shirley

o

I will be posting july swap in a couple of days, it is in 90,s here in cool seattle, so the rest of you must be fried. if it is just to hot to send plants and y'all want to skip july just post here, or on the new thread when I post it. ty carol

o

I received a terrific box from Janet yesterday. Janet, everything arrived just perfect - you pack well! And everything was so appropriate and thoughtful - I even got a Birthday Card! and everything was packed with colorful paper and happy birthday napkins!

I received:
the cutest 4th of July headband - my husband got a real kick out of that
Bromiad red
Coleus Redhead
Purple Heart
acidentheras bulbs
Hershey's chocolate drops (yum!)
a new hummingbird feeder and nectar - my old feeder is looking pretty ratty so this was perfect timing!
a mini red watering can ( I collect these and I love the "red" theme of the box - red's my favorite color
and last, but not least, a beautiful wine glass decorated with Happy Birthday - love it love it love it

Thanks so much Janet!

Sue G

o

Sue G, yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed your box. I couldn't resist the 4th of July headband.....I'm a little silly like that hahaha Besides, now you OR hubby....whomever decides to brave the wear of the band hahaha is all set for the 4th ;)

Carol, I'm good with sitting out in July......my 2 cents worth :D
It's so hot here and depending on what day we send out our boxes, they may or may not have to wait in the p.o. over the weekend risking death to some beautiful plants.

I do hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Our family is going to celebrate the 4th next weekend. Thursday was my younger sister's bday and yesterday was my hubby's bday. So this weekend, it's celebrate the birthdays weekend haha Last night, hubby and I went to see "Monster's University"....yes, we are kids at heart and love those movies haha besides, sometimes, there just isn't a decent movie playing that we want to see. We ate Chinese.....his bday- his favorite. All in all, it was nice to get away and have an evening together. We are also anticipating him getting a full time position with his company soon....claiming that one already! Thought I had a home for my Sibe but that fell through. Waiting to hear from another family that may want her. If hubby gets this position, we will be moving and more than likely, she won't be allowed to live in an apartment :( But, if I can find her a good home, I'll be satisfied and I know she'll be happy. Ok, nuff about that.....

Happy Gardening,
Janet

o

Janet, I think we will trade off wearing the headband LOL!

Don't know who Sibe is, but if I was there I would take the baby in a minute (they are all babies to me LOL!)

Sue G

o

Sue, I love it! LOL!! As for my Sibe - that's short for Siberian Husky and her name is Lydia. Unless speaking to someone who really doesn't know me, I always refer to her as my little girl. She's a 65lb mess LOL I love her to pieces and hate losing her but if I can find her a good home, she'll be happy and so will I.

Janet

o

Sue, I love it! LOL!! As for my Sibe - that's short for Siberian Husky and her name is Lydia. Unless speaking to someone who really doesn't know me, I always refer to her as my little girl. She's a 65lb mess LOL I love her to pieces and hate losing her but if I can find her a good home, she'll be happy and so will I.

Janet

o

Oh I know she would not be happy in our 118 degree heat right now but I LOVE Siberian Huskies. .... I really hope you find her a very good home!

Sue G

o

Update on swap boxes.

Sue G - sends to Margo (Sent - Received)
Michelle - Margaret (Sent - Received)
Janet - Sue G (Sent - Received)
Shirley - Maryanne (Waiting until she returns)
Jenn - Sharon (Sent - Received)
Maryanne - Michelle
Sharon - Shirley (Sent-Received)
Margo - Janet (Sent - Received)
Margaret - Jenn (Sent - Received)

I will send Maryannes on Monday and also Margo and Jenns winning daylilies.

Another Daylily Give-Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The winner will receive:

Freeda James
FREEDA JAMES photo dayliliesoct2007002-1.jpg

This is one of my favorite double daylilies.

I went to Delanos Daylily Farm last week and you guessed it bought more daylilies. Tell me how many I bought this time and you win the daylily.

Shirley

o

Sue, no she would be even more miserable :( But it is such a sweet thought! Thank you so much. I'm praying for the perfect new home for her. She loves children so someone with small children would be great. Although, she may want to bury them and leave their heads above ground LOL She does that with all of her "babies" LOL

Shirley, my guess.....10 new daylilies? That one is gorgeous!!

Janet

o

Oh my, you're addicted!!!!! That is a beautiful flower for sure. I am going to guess 24. Do you have pictures of your whole garden with the daylilies in bloom. Must be awesome. Don't you wish they stayed in bloom longer?

Margo

o

1 no vote for july swap, so will post and see if its yes or no, or we could just send a christmas card and a dis towel, I need some and they won't die in the mail, also a christmas pic of your family, so we can get to know each others family, will post it tomorrow. just got done with 90 degree weekend garage sale, put out 100 flower vases for free, just florist glass ones, still have at least 80 left, nice vases but don't seem able to even gve them away, tomorrow will try goodwill. stay cool if you can. poured out the ice from my cooler and my big shep mix pup is laying in it

o

Hi everyone. I’m back from my impromptu week away and I’m amazed at the difference a week can make…not to mention all the rain.

Came home while it was dark, totally blown away by everything that is in bloom, but also noticed quite a few Japanese beetles on some of the front yard daylilies. I’ll be inspecting and picking off tomorrow. I’ve also been in touch with Michelle to let her know that I’m back and will be getting her box together this week.
All the boxes sent so far sound wonderful. Just what I love about this group!

While we were away, we had quite a bit of rain, a few days under a tornado watch and then several days that were glorious. We kept super busy, did some running around, some definite R&R and what I loved most was NO TV. Of course, I had my internet (translate candy crush saga) but no television, so we also did a lot of fun crafts, reading and just hanging out and enjoying each other's company.. On Thursday, the local library had an event that was just fantastic…pony rides, games, face painting, crafts, stories, bookmobile, lots of giveaways (books, books and more books!!!!), entertainment…it was fabulous and on top of it, it was all free!!!! Another day we went on a little adventure to one of the local waterfalls. There are 4 different falls, I have conquered 2….two more to go. My knees have a little problem walking downhill. Uphill is okay, but that downhill just kills. Come Saturday, we had such a beautiful day, that it was a pool day and then I even caved and we went back for an evening swim. I figured all in all, my granddaughter had about 7 total hours in the pool on Saturday. It didn’t take long for her to fall asleep that night either…maybe I’m on to something? How she stayed in the water for that length of time is beyond me.

Well, that’s about it for me. Anyone with any ideas on these beetles, I’m more than happy to accept your advice. Going to have to go check out the library garden bow that I’m back. I sure hope someone has been watering, even if we had rain!

It sure is humid……….blaaaaaaaaaaa
Happy Blooms everyone!
Maryanne

o

Hi, Ladies-Just guessing for the Day Lily, Shirley, at the place you went to shop-I say 7 as that is supposed to be the perfect #. I am wondering how you do it all with working full time. Guess it's my age, but I sure have slowed down lately. We really need to downsize because this place is too much for both of us.

Sounds like all are having a great summer.

Maryanne, * am so glad you are still with us & what great memories you are giving for your granddaughter. They are so precious.

Continue having a pleasant summer & enjoy the 4th. We are so blest in this nation & thank God for that. So thankful for the many persons in service & the Veterans who have given so much to keep us free.

If you love our freedom thank God & a vet! Blessings, Margaret

o

For a clue on the daylilies bought......it is 50 something. Yes I should be dead now planting all of them (which I still like a few). I wanted to beat DH home after I bought them so he would not know how many I bought but then I had no where to hide all of them. Needless to say he bellowed where are you going to plant all these....dig up more grass. I told him I would find a place he did not have to worry. I need to count all my daylilies but I think there is around 1,000. I know it would be close.

Sue G. - You have not helped my addiction..do you know I have bought 85 from you this year.....LOL

Anyway keep guessing on the daylilies bought last week it is either 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 or 59. Someone should guess it now.

Margaret thanks for reminding us to thank God and our Vets..........

Meaning of Flag Draped Coffin

Do you know that at military funerals, the 21-gun salute stands for the sum of the numbers in the year 1776?

Have you ever noticed the honor guard pays meticulous attention to correctly folding the United States of America Flag 13 times? You probably thought it was to symbolize the original 13 colonies, but we learn something new every day!

The 1st fold of the flag is a symbol of life.
The 2nd fold is a symbol of the belief in eternal life.

The 3rd fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veterans departing the ranks who gave a portion of their lives for the defense of the country to attain peace throughout the world.

The 4th fold represents the weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in time of war for His divine guidance.

The 5th fold is a tribute to the country, for in the words of Stephen Decatur, 'Our Country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be right; but it is still our country, right or wrong.'

The 6th fold is for where people's hearts lie. It is with their heart that They pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States Of America , and the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

The 7th fold is a tribute to its Armed Forces, for it is through the Armed Forces that they protect their country and their flag against all her enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of their republic.

The 8th fold is a tribute to the one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day.

The 9th fold is a tribute to womanhood, and Mothers. For it has been through their faith, their love, loyalty and devotion that the character of the men and women who have made this country great has been molded.

The 10th fold is a tribute to the father, for he, too, has given his sons and daughters for the defense of their country since they were first born.

The 11th fold represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon and glorifies in the Hebrews eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

The 12th fold represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in the Christians eyes, God the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit.

The 13th fold, or when the flag is completely folded, the stars are ! uppermost reminding them of their nations motto, 'In God We Trust.'

After the flag is completely folded and tucked in, it takes on the appearance of a cocked hat, ever reminding us of the soldiers who served under General George Washington, and the Sailors and Marines who served under Captain John Paul Jones, who were followed by their comrades and shipmates in the Armed Forces of the United States, preserving for them the rights, privileges and freedoms they enjoy today.

Maryanne - Sounds like your vacation was good. I sent your box out today and the delivery date said Wed.

Margo and Jenn - I need you address. I got to work and realized I did not have them so your daylilies will go out tomorrow if I get the addresses.

Shirley

o

my guess is 57

o
RE: Wacky June Swap

Jeanne-I forgot to add I have your daylily Cleopatra which will go out tomorrow, I do have your address.

Shirley

o

I'll guess 54

o

Shirley- sent you my addy:)

o

Thought I would check for the addresses I need and checked this and found Ms. Sue has won the double daylily Freeda James.....Way to go Sue. Seems funny me sending you a daylily when you are usually shipping to me. LOL.................Congratulations

Jenn-I got the address

Margo-Please send your address to my work e-mail. Thanks

Shirley

o

You are kidding me!!! I always say if there are 100 million lottery tickets in a pool and I buy 99.999,999 of them the one I DON'T buy will be the winner That's my luck LOL! Thanks Shirley!

Sue G

o

Sue-One of my favorite Andy Griffith movies was when a little old local man in the town had never won anything in his life...he had bought many many tickets but alas his ticket or number was never drawn. They set it up to make him a winner and only put his number in the hat...well they drew the winning number and it still was not his number....they drew the number and the hat size had come off into the numbers and that is what they drew out as the winning number so he still did not win. I thought boy that would be my luck. LOL

Shirley

o

Happy Independence Day, everyone. Thank a vet, for without them, we would not have the freedoms we so enjoy! God Bless America and all who walk its path!

I came back from the post office yesterday after (finally) mailing Michelle's box and came home to my box from Shirley. Even though the box looked like it went through the revolution, all the plants are just fine and will be cherished for years to come!

DayliliesL
eqyptian queen
arms reaching out
snake in the grass boo
romanian rendevous
lois burns
apache bandana
grand masterpiece

crocosmia emily mckenzie

beared iris - jennifer rebecca

asiatic lily - vermeer

(shirley, your note said hens and chicks, but they were not in the box and that's fine, you sent me plenty and I thank you!)

i googled - and oogled - over all of these plants, just divine. thanks so much. my garden beds are filled with so many wonderful and eye catching plants due to the generosity of GW.

Maryanne

o

Shirley - Maryanne (Sent - Received)
Maryanne - Michelle (Sent -
Margaret - Jenn (Sent - Received

When Michelle receives Maryanne's box this months Wacky June Swap will be completed. Thanks ladies for joining in this month I enjoyed being the host.

Maryanne - Shoot I did forget to put in the hens and chicks. I found them the next morning under my desk in the flower pot I had all the plants in. I meant to wrap them in wet paper towels and plastic wrap before I put them in your box. Wellllllll just like me I forgot them. So sorry......

My anniversary is today.....44 years ago at age 17 I lost my independence. LOL

Maryanne this one is Romanian Rendevous

ROMANIAN RENDEVOUS photo July62009084.jpg

Shirley

o

Shirley,

If I was you, I bet you were thinking...now how could my husband EVER forget our anniversary - you know...honey there are fireworks and flags, and parades, etc. -- what day is it? It's your anniversary! I did the same thing (told this story many times). We were married on Halloween - you know, there are scary decorations, and carved pumpkins, and kids at the door saying "Trick or Treat!" -- what day is it? It's your anniversary! Never works...he always remembers Halloween...never anniversary...oh well...still one of my favorite holidays............:)

Sue G

o

Happy Anniversary Shirley !

o

Shirley, hope you had a great anniversary. Our 34th is next Saturday, the same day as the shower for my dil who is carrying our first grandchild. We will be finding out if it will be a boy or girl. What a great anniversary present.

I received my daylily today. Thank you so much. I have received a few daylillies from friends and through trades and I think i am beginning to get hooked. it is amazing how they spread and grow. I just may put in a new garden next year just for them.

I had a rough day today. My cockatiel became ill and died within an hour. He started breathing fast and shivering. I have no idea what happened but it was pretty hard to watch the poor guy. He has been with me for six years and could say a few things like give me a kiss. He would actually kiss me with his beak and make a kiss sound. I sure will miss his mimicing of me.

Have a good weekend everyone. Margo

o

Shirley Happy Anniversary!
I received the daylily today- Thank you so much:)

Margo = I am sorry to hear about your cockatiel. It is hard to lose a pet, especially after so many years.

o

Shirley Happy Anniversary!
I received the daylily today- Thank you so much:)

Margo = I am sorry to hear about your cockatiel. It is hard to lose a pet, especially after so many years.

o

Oh Margo I am so very very sorry. I know what it feels like and no matter what anyone says the pain takes a long time to go away (and it never really does completely)

:(

Sue G

o

Margo, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of your bird. So cute he would give you a kiss.
Sharon

o

Margo, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of your bird. So cute he would give you a kiss.
Sharon

o

A belated happy anniversary, Shirley. I think it's great that you were married on July 4th! Also, thanks so much for the daylily that you sent. It arrived yesterday but our computer didn't want to work for the remainder of the day so I'm a little late logging on.

Margo, I'm sorry to hear about your bird. It's so hard when we lose a pet.

Well, thunderstorms and rain are rolling through here once again, so I'll keep this short. Nothing has changed on my medical situation. My family doctor is back from vacation so I'll see him on Monday. Maybe he can get some kind of tests, treatment, etc. started. I've been out of the hospital for a month now and nothing has been scheduled so it's a bit discouraging.

I'll talk with everyone soon.

o

Margo-Congratulations on your first grandchild -soon-to-be. So sad to hear about your bird....I love when they can talk to you that is so cool. We get so attached to our pets and it is hard when we lose them. Hugs coming your way.

Thanks for all the happy anniversaries...I remember when Eddie asked me to marry him and I said no way. I hate needles and told him no blood tests for me. He said he knew we could go to SC and not have to get blood tests so that is what we did.

Jeanne-lets pray the treatments get scheduled soon. Keep us updated. Glad you received the daylily and hope you see tons of blooms. WE have had so much rain it is unreal. I don't know if my bearded irises can withstand all this rain, they are bad to get bacterial soft-rot with too much rain.

Sue G - I received the daylilies and will ship out your Freda James Daylily Monday. Thanks
A Halloween anniversary sounds interesting. Eddie always says everyone celebrates our anniversary with all the fireworks.

Shirley

o

Thanks to all for the kind words at the loss of my cockatiel. My daughter has a parakeet that she couldn't take with her to college so he is under my care as well. Poor Ernesto has been so quiet since his buddy died. I plan to get another cockatiel but hope to get one from a rescue rather than a store.

Shirley, thanks for hosting this swap. It was lot of fun and I always enjoy the posts as I get to know members more and more.

Veeja is hosting our July swap and it is pretty simple and postage shouldn't be too much either. I hope others can check it out and join in. It is a Christmas in July with a dishtowel swap and who couldn't use a new dishtowel. LOL
Go over and read about it. Another opportunity to get to know each other more.

Margo

o

hi everyone. Jeanne, hope everything gets addressed soon and that you are back to feeling 100% - by the way, how are the grandsons?

Margo, so sorry to hear of your pet passing. I remember when I lost my Hazel. broke my heart. I still miss her. I agree with Sue G, you always miss them :-( On a brighter note, congrats on the grandbabe. there's nothing like the love of or for a grandchild.

I'm sorry to say Michelle still has not received my box. I paid priority, it was expected delivery by the 6th and she goes on vacation this weekend. I have no way to track right now, i'm away and the receipt is at home. i'm getting a little tired of the post office not honoring priority mail

I rebuilt my firepit today after raking and blowing leaves forever....boy oh by am I aching!

have a great tomorrow.
maryanne

o

michelle received her box today, so we can officially close this one out. thanks for hosting shirley!

o

Shirley - Maryanne (Sent - Received)
Maryanne - Michelle (Sent - Received)
Margaret - Jenn (Sent - Received)

Thanks for the update Maryanne....Hopefully Michelle will post her box soon. I have never understood the 2-3 day priority rate either. They don't guarantee it but it may get there? Really!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all for participating in the swap and the games.

Sue G-Your daylily will go out soon, I will let you know when I take it to the PO.

Shirley

o

Received my Prize Shirley, thank you soooo much!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here