Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

OBF Wacky June Swap

brittneysgran
10 years ago

Our Bloomin’ Friends requires that you be a member of OBF in order to participate in this swap. If you would like more information about membership, contact myself or Carol.

So many exciting days in June I just had to list them all. LOL

June, 2013 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days:

1 Dare Day

1 Flip a Coin Day

2 National Bubba Day

2 National Rocky Road Day

3 Repeat Day (I said "Repeat Day")

4 Applesauce Cake Day

4 Hug Your Cat Day

4 Old Maid's Day

5 World Environment Day

6 National Gardening Exercise Day- Get out and exercise with your plants.

6 National Yo-Yo Day

7 National Chocolate Ice Cream Day

7National Doughnut Day always the first Friday in June

8 Best Friends Day

8 Name Your Poison Day

9 Donald Duck Day

10 Iced Tea Day

11 Hug Holiday

12 Red Rose Day

13 Sewing Machine Day

14 Flag Day

15 National Hollerin' Contest Day - third Saturday in June

15 Smile Power Day

15 World Juggler's Day - Saturday closest to June 17th

16 Father's Day - third Sunday

16 Fresh Veggies Day

TBD Nursing Assistants Day - First day of National Nursing Assistants Week

17 Eat Your Vegetables Day

18 Go Fishing Day

18 International Panic Day

18 National Splurge Day - Oh yeah!!

19 World Sauntering Day

20 Ice Cream Soda Day

21 Go Skate Day

21 Finally Summer Day- Summer Solstice

22 National Chocolate Eclair Day

23 National Columnists Day

23 National Pink Day

23 Take Your Dog to Work Day (Why!?) .....date varies

24 Swim a Lap Day

25 Log Cabin Day

25 National Catfish Day

26 Beautician's Day

26 Forgiveness Day

27 Sun Glasses Day

28 Insurance Awareness Day - Now who do you think invented that!?!

28 Paul Bunyan Day

29 Camera Day

29 Hug Holiday

29 Waffle Iron Day

30 Meteor Day

This month we will be swapping....what else but plants again. I will leave it up to you as to how many, but please send a nice box to whom ever you get. I know alot of the stores now have mark downs on plants so you may find a really great deal in some plants your partner would love to have and can't find. Plants also multiply rapidly so you may have some that are ready to divide and share. I will take names until June 10th and you have until June 25th to mail out your package.

Shirley

Comments (126)

• toomanyanimals
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Jen, got my box today. Boy it was sure beat up, soaked, ripped. You can tell it had opened and they had taped it back up.
    Nice box ... I received
    Elizabeth campanula,
    Rose Campion - very deep red .... I like,
    White Violet,
    Blue bells - off my wish list .... Thank you!
    Lamium Orchid Frost - off my wish list .... YES!
    Crazy Daisy - had this once but lost it, glad to have it back.
    Coreopsis
    Balsam
    2 noid hostas
    Got to get out and get it all planted.
    sharon

• toomanyanimals
    10 years ago

Jen, got my box today. Boy it was sure beat up, soaked, ripped. You can tell it had opened and they had taped it back up.
    Nice box ... I received
    Elizabeth campanula,
    Rose Campion - very deep red .... I like,
    White Violet,
    Blue bells - off my wish list .... Thank you!
    Lamium Orchid Frost - off my wish list .... YES!
    Crazy Daisy - had this once but lost it, glad to have it back.
    Coreopsis
    Balsam
    2 noid hostas
    Got to get out and get it all planted.
    sharon

• jlee160
    10 years ago

wow, I can't believe it got so beat up! It was taped up pretty goodm adn in great shape when it left! I hope everything looked ok even thought the box was beat up.

• 1JanetH
    10 years ago

Margo, no worries. I loved everything and planted all but the seeds LOL I've got to make some room and decide where to plant some of those but I'm excited!!!

Sue G, your box left out today and should arrive at your door on Friday. The conf # is 9505 5108 8449 3177 4890 67. Let me know when you get it and hopefully, all is in tact. Oh, and if I could have boxed some of the rain, I'd certainly send you some but it stopped right about the time I sent that last message hahaha

Sharon, don't you just love how they take such good care of our packages? Ugh!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week,
    Janet

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow what nice boxes everyone is receiving.

I received my Wonderful, Awesome, Fabulous, Best Box from Sharon.....I can not to do it justice without typing it all out so will do that tomorrow. She used many of the June 2013 Daily Holidays-Special & Wacky Days so I will post it all later.

Off to bed

Shirley

• toomanyanimals
    10 years ago

Jen, the plants all looked fine. But if you had put a note in the box it wasn't there when I opened it.
    Raining cats and dogs right now. Thank goodness I got the grass cut right after work instead of walking the dog ... sorry Cassius (the dog). All the rain should be good for the new plants in my garden :o)

Shirley, glad you liked the box. :o)

• jlee160
    10 years ago

There was a note- it basically explained what plants were there. I had also included a flower from the coreopsis, and a hosta leaf of the one I cut back so that you could see what they looked like. I am glad they looked ok

• margaret_2007
    10 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-I just received my box from Michelle with the following plants which I looked up: Monarda-Pink Lace & they are a miniature Monarda which I really like the smaller of all plants it seems, Aloe Spider,(I think this a house plant, if not, please let me know) Oxalis- Pink bulbs that states its a perennial, 2 Monks Hood-Blue Lagoon & 2 Monks Hood Napellus. I have never had Monks Hood before so would love some information on them. Also included the darlingest pen & some Miracle Grow singles. I am looking forward to trying some of these I haven't tried before. The neatest card covered with butterflies was enclosed, too. Thanks so much , Michelle. You made my day & hope to get to planting tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be only in the 80's for the next few days so should have time to get them in the ground.

The boxes are flying & they look great. Thanks, Shirley, for hosting. It has been a good one. Blessings, Margaret

• margaret_2007
    10 years ago

OOPs-I forgot the neatest things Michelle sent. Four different Hens & Chicks. I have been working on my Rock Garden & am so happy to get them. Thanks so much, Michelle. I love them & can't wait to find the right spot for them. I just keep adding to this garden & I really enjoy it. Blessings, Margaret

• smitties
    10 years ago

Came home after a long day of work getting ready for inventory to find my box from Sue waiting on the table. A well stuffed box at that. In it I found

well packed plants
    Ruellia
    Shade Fanfare Hosta
    Dwarf coreopsis
    Red Salvia
    Vetchii Gardenia

I love all these selections and their little roots are soaking in anticipation of going into their new homes tomorrow.

I also found two adorable frogs for my collection and a little teacup candle.

Thank you Sue for the great box. I had fun unpacking it and will enjoy the plants for years to come.

Margo

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Great boxes...Way to go Ladies

Now for my awesome box from Sharon:

Sharon wrote::::::::::::
    On this day, June 21st 2013, I am digging and mailing out your box in celebration of "Finally Summer Day-Summer Solstice"
    Daylilies:
    Only the Lonely - your verbal request from days gone by. Wishing Hugs to all those who are Lonely............Hug Holiday

Purple Many Faces - to replace the one someone else must have loved also....Forgiveness Day (I told Sharon I hired some help and I think my helper helped himself to this daylily. She sent it to me years ago when we were in the traveling daylily group and it has been one of my favorites ever since).

How Beautiful Heaven Must Be - a Beautiful Daylily..so beautiful in fact I think it deserves...... Camera Day.

Asiatic Lilies:
    New Wave -
    Tiny Spider
    These 2 together are in celebration of ...Best Friends Day

Oriental Lily:

Shocking ---don't have these tagged but 95% sure they are Shocking'....In celebration of...Dare Day...how Dare I send you a bulb I'm not 100% sure of.

Clematis:

Pink Fantasy...In celebration of .....National Pink Day

Sunglasses...in celebration of...Sun Glasses Day....

Now does everyone see why I thought this was such an awesome box..

Good job Sharon.....I loved it.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Great boxes...Way to go Ladies

Now for my awesome box from Sharon:

Sharon wrote::::::::::::
    On this day, June 21st 2013, I am digging and mailing out your box in celebration of "Finally Summer Day-Summer Solstice"
    Daylilies:
    Only the Lonely - your verbal request from days gone by. Wishing Hugs to all those who are Lonely............Hug Holiday

Purple Many Faces - to replace the one someone else must have loved also....Forgiveness Day (I told Sharon I hired some help and I think my helper helped himself to this daylily. She sent it to me years ago when we were in the traveling daylily group and it has been one of my favorites ever since).

How Beautiful Heaven Must Be - a Beautiful Daylily..so beautiful in fact I think it deserves...... Camera Day.

Asiatic Lilies:
    New Wave -
    Tiny Spider
    These 2 together are in celebration of ...Best Friends Day

Oriental Lily:

Shocking ---don't have these tagged but 95% sure they are Shocking'....In celebration of...Dare Day...how Dare I send you a bulb I'm not 100% sure of.

Clematis:

Pink Fantasy...In celebration of .....National Pink Day

Sunglasses...in celebration of...Sun Glasses Day....

Now does everyone see why I thought this was such an awesome box..

Good job Sharon.....I loved it.

Shirley

• veeja11
    10 years ago

I will be posting july swap in a couple of days, it is in 90,s here in cool seattle, so the rest of you must be fried. if it is just to hot to send plants and y'all want to skip july just post here, or on the new thread when I post it. ty carol

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

I received a terrific box from Janet yesterday. Janet, everything arrived just perfect - you pack well! And everything was so appropriate and thoughtful - I even got a Birthday Card! and everything was packed with colorful paper and happy birthday napkins!

I received:
    the cutest 4th of July headband - my husband got a real kick out of that
    Bromiad red
    Coleus Redhead
    Purple Heart
    acidentheras bulbs
    Hershey's chocolate drops (yum!)
    a new hummingbird feeder and nectar - my old feeder is looking pretty ratty so this was perfect timing!
    a mini red watering can ( I collect these and I love the "red" theme of the box - red's my favorite color
    and last, but not least, a beautiful wine glass decorated with Happy Birthday - love it love it love it

Thanks so much Janet!

Sue G

• 1JanetH
    10 years ago

Sue G, yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed your box. I couldn't resist the 4th of July headband.....I'm a little silly like that hahaha Besides, now you OR hubby....whomever decides to brave the wear of the band hahaha is all set for the 4th ;)

Carol, I'm good with sitting out in July......my 2 cents worth :D
    It's so hot here and depending on what day we send out our boxes, they may or may not have to wait in the p.o. over the weekend risking death to some beautiful plants.

I do hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Our family is going to celebrate the 4th next weekend. Thursday was my younger sister's bday and yesterday was my hubby's bday. So this weekend, it's celebrate the birthdays weekend haha Last night, hubby and I went to see "Monster's University"....yes, we are kids at heart and love those movies haha besides, sometimes, there just isn't a decent movie playing that we want to see. We ate Chinese.....his bday- his favorite. All in all, it was nice to get away and have an evening together. We are also anticipating him getting a full time position with his company soon....claiming that one already! Thought I had a home for my Sibe but that fell through. Waiting to hear from another family that may want her. If hubby gets this position, we will be moving and more than likely, she won't be allowed to live in an apartment :( But, if I can find her a good home, I'll be satisfied and I know she'll be happy. Ok, nuff about that.....

Happy Gardening,
    Janet

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

Janet, I think we will trade off wearing the headband LOL!

Don't know who Sibe is, but if I was there I would take the baby in a minute (they are all babies to me LOL!)

Sue G

• 1JanetH
    10 years ago

Sue, I love it! LOL!! As for my Sibe - that's short for Siberian Husky and her name is Lydia. Unless speaking to someone who really doesn't know me, I always refer to her as my little girl. She's a 65lb mess LOL I love her to pieces and hate losing her but if I can find her a good home, she'll be happy and so will I.

Janet

• 1JanetH
    10 years ago

Sue, I love it! LOL!! As for my Sibe - that's short for Siberian Husky and her name is Lydia. Unless speaking to someone who really doesn't know me, I always refer to her as my little girl. She's a 65lb mess LOL I love her to pieces and hate losing her but if I can find her a good home, she'll be happy and so will I.

Janet

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

Oh I know she would not be happy in our 118 degree heat right now but I LOVE Siberian Huskies. .... I really hope you find her a very good home!

Sue G

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Update on swap boxes.

Sue G - sends to Margo (Sent - Received)
    Michelle - Margaret (Sent - Received)
    Janet - Sue G (Sent - Received)
    Shirley - Maryanne (Waiting until she returns)
    Jenn - Sharon (Sent - Received)
    Maryanne - Michelle
    Sharon - Shirley (Sent-Received)
    Margo - Janet (Sent - Received)
    Margaret - Jenn (Sent - Received)

I will send Maryannes on Monday and also Margo and Jenns winning daylilies.

Another Daylily Give-Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The winner will receive:

Freeda James

This is one of my favorite double daylilies.

I went to Delanos Daylily Farm last week and you guessed it bought more daylilies. Tell me how many I bought this time and you win the daylily.

Shirley

• 1JanetH
    10 years ago

Sue, no she would be even more miserable :( But it is such a sweet thought! Thank you so much. I'm praying for the perfect new home for her. She loves children so someone with small children would be great. Although, she may want to bury them and leave their heads above ground LOL She does that with all of her "babies" LOL

Shirley, my guess.....10 new daylilies? That one is gorgeous!!

Janet

• smitties
    10 years ago

Oh my, you're addicted!!!!! That is a beautiful flower for sure. I am going to guess 24. Do you have pictures of your whole garden with the daylilies in bloom. Must be awesome. Don't you wish they stayed in bloom longer?

Margo

• veeja11
    10 years ago

1 no vote for july swap, so will post and see if its yes or no, or we could just send a christmas card and a dis towel, I need some and they won't die in the mail, also a christmas pic of your family, so we can get to know each others family, will post it tomorrow. just got done with 90 degree weekend garage sale, put out 100 flower vases for free, just florist glass ones, still have at least 80 left, nice vases but don't seem able to even gve them away, tomorrow will try goodwill. stay cool if you can. poured out the ice from my cooler and my big shep mix pup is laying in it

• earthlydelights
    10 years ago

Hi everyone. I’m back from my impromptu week away and I’m amazed at the difference a week can make…not to mention all the rain.

Came home while it was dark, totally blown away by everything that is in bloom, but also noticed quite a few Japanese beetles on some of the front yard daylilies. I’ll be inspecting and picking off tomorrow. I’ve also been in touch with Michelle to let her know that I’m back and will be getting her box together this week.
    All the boxes sent so far sound wonderful. Just what I love about this group!

While we were away, we had quite a bit of rain, a few days under a tornado watch and then several days that were glorious. We kept super busy, did some running around, some definite R&R and what I loved most was NO TV. Of course, I had my internet (translate candy crush saga) but no television, so we also did a lot of fun crafts, reading and just hanging out and enjoying each other's company.. On Thursday, the local library had an event that was just fantastic…pony rides, games, face painting, crafts, stories, bookmobile, lots of giveaways (books, books and more books!!!!), entertainment…it was fabulous and on top of it, it was all free!!!! Another day we went on a little adventure to one of the local waterfalls. There are 4 different falls, I have conquered 2….two more to go. My knees have a little problem walking downhill. Uphill is okay, but that downhill just kills. Come Saturday, we had such a beautiful day, that it was a pool day and then I even caved and we went back for an evening swim. I figured all in all, my granddaughter had about 7 total hours in the pool on Saturday. It didn’t take long for her to fall asleep that night either…maybe I’m on to something? How she stayed in the water for that length of time is beyond me.

Well, that’s about it for me. Anyone with any ideas on these beetles, I’m more than happy to accept your advice. Going to have to go check out the library garden bow that I’m back. I sure hope someone has been watering, even if we had rain!

It sure is humid……….blaaaaaaaaaaa
    Happy Blooms everyone!
    Maryanne

• margaret_2007
    10 years ago

Hi, Ladies-Just guessing for the Day Lily, Shirley, at the place you went to shop-I say 7 as that is supposed to be the perfect #. I am wondering how you do it all with working full time. Guess it's my age, but I sure have slowed down lately. We really need to downsize because this place is too much for both of us.

Sounds like all are having a great summer.

Maryanne, * am so glad you are still with us & what great memories you are giving for your granddaughter. They are so precious.

Continue having a pleasant summer & enjoy the 4th. We are so blest in this nation & thank God for that. So thankful for the many persons in service & the Veterans who have given so much to keep us free.

If you love our freedom thank God & a vet! Blessings, Margaret

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

For a clue on the daylilies bought......it is 50 something. Yes I should be dead now planting all of them (which I still like a few). I wanted to beat DH home after I bought them so he would not know how many I bought but then I had no where to hide all of them. Needless to say he bellowed where are you going to plant all these....dig up more grass. I told him I would find a place he did not have to worry. I need to count all my daylilies but I think there is around 1,000. I know it would be close.

Sue G. - You have not helped my addiction..do you know I have bought 85 from you this year.....LOL

Anyway keep guessing on the daylilies bought last week it is either 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 or 59. Someone should guess it now.

Margaret thanks for reminding us to thank God and our Vets..........

Meaning of Flag Draped Coffin

Do you know that at military funerals, the 21-gun salute stands for the sum of the numbers in the year 1776?

Have you ever noticed the honor guard pays meticulous attention to correctly folding the United States of America Flag 13 times? You probably thought it was to symbolize the original 13 colonies, but we learn something new every day!

The 1st fold of the flag is a symbol of life.
    The 2nd fold is a symbol of the belief in eternal life.

The 3rd fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veterans departing the ranks who gave a portion of their lives for the defense of the country to attain peace throughout the world.

The 4th fold represents the weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in time of war for His divine guidance.

The 5th fold is a tribute to the country, for in the words of Stephen Decatur, 'Our Country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be right; but it is still our country, right or wrong.'

The 6th fold is for where people's hearts lie. It is with their heart that They pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States Of America , and the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

The 7th fold is a tribute to its Armed Forces, for it is through the Armed Forces that they protect their country and their flag against all her enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of their republic.

The 8th fold is a tribute to the one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day.

The 9th fold is a tribute to womanhood, and Mothers. For it has been through their faith, their love, loyalty and devotion that the character of the men and women who have made this country great has been molded.

The 10th fold is a tribute to the father, for he, too, has given his sons and daughters for the defense of their country since they were first born.

The 11th fold represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon and glorifies in the Hebrews eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

The 12th fold represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in the Christians eyes, God the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit.

The 13th fold, or when the flag is completely folded, the stars are ! uppermost reminding them of their nations motto, 'In God We Trust.'

After the flag is completely folded and tucked in, it takes on the appearance of a cocked hat, ever reminding us of the soldiers who served under General George Washington, and the Sailors and Marines who served under Captain John Paul Jones, who were followed by their comrades and shipmates in the Armed Forces of the United States, preserving for them the rights, privileges and freedoms they enjoy today.

Maryanne - Sounds like your vacation was good. I sent your box out today and the delivery date said Wed.

Margo and Jenn - I need you address. I got to work and realized I did not have them so your daylilies will go out tomorrow if I get the addresses.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    10 years ago

my guess is 57

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne-I forgot to add I have your daylily Cleopatra which will go out tomorrow, I do have your address.

Shirley

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

I'll guess 54

• jlee160
    10 years ago

Shirley- sent you my addy:)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thought I would check for the addresses I need and checked this and found Ms. Sue has won the double daylily Freeda James.....Way to go Sue. Seems funny me sending you a daylily when you are usually shipping to me. LOL.................Congratulations

Jenn-I got the address

Margo-Please send your address to my work e-mail. Thanks

Shirley

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

You are kidding me!!! I always say if there are 100 million lottery tickets in a pool and I buy 99.999,999 of them the one I DON'T buy will be the winner That's my luck LOL! Thanks Shirley!

Sue G

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sue-One of my favorite Andy Griffith movies was when a little old local man in the town had never won anything in his life...he had bought many many tickets but alas his ticket or number was never drawn. They set it up to make him a winner and only put his number in the hat...well they drew the winning number and it still was not his number....they drew the number and the hat size had come off into the numbers and that is what they drew out as the winning number so he still did not win. I thought boy that would be my luck. LOL

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    10 years ago

Happy Independence Day, everyone. Thank a vet, for without them, we would not have the freedoms we so enjoy! God Bless America and all who walk its path!

I came back from the post office yesterday after (finally) mailing Michelle's box and came home to my box from Shirley. Even though the box looked like it went through the revolution, all the plants are just fine and will be cherished for years to come!

DayliliesL
    eqyptian queen
    arms reaching out
    snake in the grass boo
    romanian rendevous
    lois burns
    apache bandana
    grand masterpiece

crocosmia emily mckenzie

beared iris - jennifer rebecca

asiatic lily - vermeer

(shirley, your note said hens and chicks, but they were not in the box and that's fine, you sent me plenty and I thank you!)

i googled - and oogled - over all of these plants, just divine. thanks so much. my garden beds are filled with so many wonderful and eye catching plants due to the generosity of GW.

Maryanne

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Shirley - Maryanne (Sent - Received)
    Maryanne - Michelle (Sent -
    Margaret - Jenn (Sent - Received

When Michelle receives Maryanne's box this months Wacky June Swap will be completed. Thanks ladies for joining in this month I enjoyed being the host.

Maryanne - Shoot I did forget to put in the hens and chicks. I found them the next morning under my desk in the flower pot I had all the plants in. I meant to wrap them in wet paper towels and plastic wrap before I put them in your box. Wellllllll just like me I forgot them. So sorry......

My anniversary is today.....44 years ago at age 17 I lost my independence. LOL

Maryanne this one is Romanian Rendevous

Shirley

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

Shirley,

If I was you, I bet you were thinking...now how could my husband EVER forget our anniversary - you know...honey there are fireworks and flags, and parades, etc. -- what day is it? It's your anniversary! I did the same thing (told this story many times). We were married on Halloween - you know, there are scary decorations, and carved pumpkins, and kids at the door saying "Trick or Treat!" -- what day is it? It's your anniversary! Never works...he always remembers Halloween...never anniversary...oh well...still one of my favorite holidays............:)

Sue G

• toomanyanimals
    10 years ago

Happy Anniversary Shirley !

• smitties
    10 years ago

Shirley, hope you had a great anniversary. Our 34th is next Saturday, the same day as the shower for my dil who is carrying our first grandchild. We will be finding out if it will be a boy or girl. What a great anniversary present.

I received my daylily today. Thank you so much. I have received a few daylillies from friends and through trades and I think i am beginning to get hooked. it is amazing how they spread and grow. I just may put in a new garden next year just for them.

I had a rough day today. My cockatiel became ill and died within an hour. He started breathing fast and shivering. I have no idea what happened but it was pretty hard to watch the poor guy. He has been with me for six years and could say a few things like give me a kiss. He would actually kiss me with his beak and make a kiss sound. I sure will miss his mimicing of me.

Have a good weekend everyone. Margo

• jlee160
    10 years ago

Shirley Happy Anniversary!
    I received the daylily today- Thank you so much:)

Margo = I am sorry to hear about your cockatiel. It is hard to lose a pet, especially after so many years.

• jlee160
    10 years ago

Shirley Happy Anniversary!
    I received the daylily today- Thank you so much:)

Margo = I am sorry to hear about your cockatiel. It is hard to lose a pet, especially after so many years.

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

Oh Margo I am so very very sorry. I know what it feels like and no matter what anyone says the pain takes a long time to go away (and it never really does completely)

:(

Sue G

• toomanyanimals
    10 years ago

Margo, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of your bird. So cute he would give you a kiss.
    Sharon

• toomanyanimals
    10 years ago

Margo, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of your bird. So cute he would give you a kiss.
    Sharon

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

A belated happy anniversary, Shirley. I think it's great that you were married on July 4th! Also, thanks so much for the daylily that you sent. It arrived yesterday but our computer didn't want to work for the remainder of the day so I'm a little late logging on.

Margo, I'm sorry to hear about your bird. It's so hard when we lose a pet.

Well, thunderstorms and rain are rolling through here once again, so I'll keep this short. Nothing has changed on my medical situation. My family doctor is back from vacation so I'll see him on Monday. Maybe he can get some kind of tests, treatment, etc. started. I've been out of the hospital for a month now and nothing has been scheduled so it's a bit discouraging.

I'll talk with everyone soon.

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Margo-Congratulations on your first grandchild -soon-to-be. So sad to hear about your bird....I love when they can talk to you that is so cool. We get so attached to our pets and it is hard when we lose them. Hugs coming your way.

Thanks for all the happy anniversaries...I remember when Eddie asked me to marry him and I said no way. I hate needles and told him no blood tests for me. He said he knew we could go to SC and not have to get blood tests so that is what we did.

Jeanne-lets pray the treatments get scheduled soon. Keep us updated. Glad you received the daylily and hope you see tons of blooms. WE have had so much rain it is unreal. I don't know if my bearded irises can withstand all this rain, they are bad to get bacterial soft-rot with too much rain.

Sue G - I received the daylilies and will ship out your Freda James Daylily Monday. Thanks
    A Halloween anniversary sounds interesting. Eddie always says everyone celebrates our anniversary with all the fireworks.

Shirley

• smitties
    10 years ago

Thanks to all for the kind words at the loss of my cockatiel. My daughter has a parakeet that she couldn't take with her to college so he is under my care as well. Poor Ernesto has been so quiet since his buddy died. I plan to get another cockatiel but hope to get one from a rescue rather than a store.

Shirley, thanks for hosting this swap. It was lot of fun and I always enjoy the posts as I get to know members more and more.

Veeja is hosting our July swap and it is pretty simple and postage shouldn't be too much either. I hope others can check it out and join in. It is a Christmas in July with a dishtowel swap and who couldn't use a new dishtowel. LOL
    Go over and read about it. Another opportunity to get to know each other more.

Margo

• earthlydelights
    10 years ago

hi everyone. Jeanne, hope everything gets addressed soon and that you are back to feeling 100% - by the way, how are the grandsons?

Margo, so sorry to hear of your pet passing. I remember when I lost my Hazel. broke my heart. I still miss her. I agree with Sue G, you always miss them :-( On a brighter note, congrats on the grandbabe. there's nothing like the love of or for a grandchild.

I'm sorry to say Michelle still has not received my box. I paid priority, it was expected delivery by the 6th and she goes on vacation this weekend. I have no way to track right now, i'm away and the receipt is at home. i'm getting a little tired of the post office not honoring priority mail

I rebuilt my firepit today after raking and blowing leaves forever....boy oh by am I aching!

have a great tomorrow.
    maryanne

• earthlydelights
    10 years ago

michelle received her box today, so we can officially close this one out. thanks for hosting shirley!

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Shirley - Maryanne (Sent - Received)
    Maryanne - Michelle (Sent - Received)
    Margaret - Jenn (Sent - Received)

Thanks for the update Maryanne....Hopefully Michelle will post her box soon. I have never understood the 2-3 day priority rate either. They don't guarantee it but it may get there? Really!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all for participating in the swap and the games.

Sue G-Your daylily will go out soon, I will let you know when I take it to the PO.

Shirley

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

Received my Prize Shirley, thank you soooo much!

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner