Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veeja11

update: bf oldie, newbie swap wishes

veeja11
16 years ago

Please post your wishes on this thread if you are in this swap.Also post here if you want to become a regular member of our group when this swap is over. one of the only times all you need is your partners reccommendation. hugs carol

Comments (105)

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Dirt,
    It probably is an Alabama term though there is nothing wrong with a wierd family, lol.

Smh78,
    You don't have an email link on your page. I hope you come and see this.
    Remy

• veeja11
    Original Author
    16 years ago

nutty bunny, I received a great box from you today 2 brodiea bulbs, green gloves a mock orange, rose of sharon, yellow varigated hosta cuttings. roooted dianthus, a large hosta. they are all soaking in a bucket of water, rooted ones looking pretty good cuttings a bit sad. packed well, just too hot. I love them all and will do my best to save them, thankyou you did great. hugs carol, I filed all the newbie addresses and my computer ate them. so please share your addys with each other. if anyone dosen't hear from their partner by friday ask Susie to give you one of her newbies. and count non responders out of swap. hope you haven't sent both boxes yet susie. hugs to all. please send rain. hugs carol

• boballi
    16 years ago

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

COOL MySpace Comments

BOBALLI : )

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago
  • skohler
    16 years ago

we are having a very dry 4th of july here & I do not plan to send my boxes out on monday july 9th ,
    Please let me know by sunday if someone else will be taken one of my newbies .

I hope we can get some rain for my shovel will not go into the ground as it is now . :(
    hope everyone s haven a safe 4th .
    going to go out on the deck to watch fireworks on 3 sides of us :))) we are in the best best :))

good night all
    susie

• smh78
    16 years ago

Hi,
    I am sorry I am late with this wish list. I got confused about the partner thing. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

I would like:
    any perennial hardy in zone 5
    any kind of rose that makes hips
    clematis
    foxglove
    delphinium
    echinacea
    anything for winter interest
    any kind of salvia
    any kind of geranium

Anything, really

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Good morning ladies! Still getting rain and wish could send some to you all!
    Still waiting to here from Rennep! If you are out there please email me! Melinda

• skohler
    16 years ago

Melinda
    If you do not hear from rennep by tomorrow sunday july 8th then please email me for i have 2 names & can share one if you like :)

If I do not hear from carol or melinda by sunday eve or monday morning i will be sending to both
    PLAYSNDIRT & FLOWERS4ME ON MONDAY JULY 9TH .

HAPPY GARDENING TO ALL

SUSIE

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Skohler, That sounds good! I have emailed her and put messages on here, and so far haven't heard a thing. Will be happy to take on another newbie!
    Be sure to let me know their info! I will let you know by tomorrow for sure! Will try and email renepp again! Thanks, melinda

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Vic your package went out today. Forgot to put the seeds in it but will send those separately in bubble envie next week. DC # is 03062400000275399459. Hope ya like it :)
    Theresa

• veeja11
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Melinda, please send to one of Susies, and whoever that is please send to Melinda as rennep is mia. susie I need your addy. my computer ate every addy I had when I moved. Bunny I need yours again dh burned your box. I hurt my knee somehow and can't bend it without pain. would someone come shoot me please. dh won't. hugs carol

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello again everyone! Hope you all had a great day!
    So sorry you hurt your knee Carol! Hope it gets better soon. Will probably have to relax for a while!
    Susie, please let me know which one of the ladies you want to give to me and there info if you have it! Oh, and some of the daylilies you gave me are blooming!! So exciting! Thanks again! Melinda

• skohler
    16 years ago

melinda
    just sent info on lisa from florida but need to email her to let her know what we are doing here .
    lisa hope this won't confuse you .
    please email one of us to explain it more :)))

also I need to contact the gals to be sure they have not sent their box out to me as of yet . so will let you know hopefully by this evening .
    susie

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello! I got the info you sent! Will email and let her know and see if she has sent! Thanks, Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Good morning again! Well, Now What! I just heard from Renepp and she had been having computer problems until now! She got my messages and emailed me this am. Will be sending to her as I had originally planned. Do you want me to send to playsndirt also? Either way is fine, just let me know! (I already emailed her and told her her partner had changed, but don't know if she has mailed yet or not!)
    Thanks, Melinda
    Only thing is with both of them will be another week or so before I mail. Have more dr. appts in the am and hopefully will have some news from my MRI!

• skohler
    16 years ago

Melinda we will keep things as is then & i will send to both since i have their plants picked out .

susie

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

That sounds good! Thanks alot! melinda

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Carol,
    Geesh! Your husband burns a box, you hurt your knee, and he won't shoot you? lol. Gary will come shoot you, he's been itching to use his rifle for years now, lol.
    SMH has gotten a hold of me, and we've emailed, so everything is good here.
    Remy

• smh78
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to let you know that I was interested in joining your group after this swap...that is, if Remy is happy with me after I've sent my pathetic box full of common plants :)You all seem wonderful and I would love to become a part of the great energy here. I'll try to borrow my husband's camera to give you all a sense of what my gardening space is like. Unfortunately, we don't have any kids or grandkids to show off, but we do have two very ill-mannered cats :)

Anyway, we live in Ithaca NY--sort of central/western NY and I go to grad school and my husband has a computer business. Gardening has become a passion for me. The soil here is so much better than in Montana, where I'm from. Plus we actually get rain out here, which to me is still a minor miracle. My family on my mom's side in Montana are wheat farmers, and they have had a drought for EIGHT years now. Needless to say, they are jealous of all the rain I get out here in the East.

Well, enough rambling. I just wanted to express my interest in joining and introduce myself

Sarah (smh78)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Hi All! Just popping in to let Annie know her box is on it's way. USPS Confirmation #0306 0320 0004 5119 8969. I'm gonna try to get caught up with my laundry now.With a family of 5 I think it might be impossible to do.My 4 year old thinks he has to change if he gets just a little dirt on him.I thought boys liked to be messy!!!
    Hope everyone has great day!!

• skohler
    16 years ago

JUST WANTED TO GIVE
    KYN/FLOWER4EVER HEADS UP FOR HER BOX IS ON THE WAY
    CONF# 0306 0320 0003 8797 3852

LISA /PLAYNDURT YOUR BOX ALSO ON THE WAY
    CONF # 0306 0320 0003 8797 3845

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN THEY ARRIVE :))
    HAPPY GARDENING ALL
    SUSIE

• boballi
    16 years ago

Watch Out!

Your package is on the way. DC#0307 0020 0003 8105 8144

Boballi : )

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I got back from Iowa today, and had such a nice time. I have to work tonight, have a cpr class to go to Tuesday morning(I love it when they say meetings are manditory)THen I will be off till Friday night.

Dirt, your kids are sooooo cute. I will be looking for your package, and I will be digging yours Wed and Thurs. I will mail it Friday and you should get it no later than Monday.

Sure has been hot and dry here, but we did get a much needed shower today.

I had to have my car towed;the front brakes are out and it needs new ball joints. (I was thinking, WOW I wonder how many plants I could have bought instead) :O) :O)

I hope everyone is well, and staying cool.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• 1fullhouse
    16 years ago

Dirt you crack me up! My sons are the same way... I swear I must do 15 loads of laundry...AT LEAST. HAH, even more now, we're potty training the 2yr old.

So far we've gotten him to go IN the bathroom...just not on the toilet. Oh boy, thats been some messes!!! LOL

Other than that, all good on the home front. Sue and I will be exchanging boxes this weekend.

Have a great week everyone!

• Vic Billings, MT
    16 years ago

GOT MY BOX! GOT MY BOX! GOT MY BOX!!!!
    I got it yesterday, great job Theresa, I love it!
    I hope you will be as happy with yours when I send it!

I got:
    Pink Daylily
    Siberian Iris
    Pastel Yarrow
    Lavender Creeping Phlox
    Spring Beauty Dianthus
    A huge book! "The Ultimate Garden Book for North America"
    And a bottle of Chamomile Rose Bubble Bath - smells great!

Thanks so much, I am VERY happy with it!!!!
    Vic

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

Boballi.... i am out of town. kiddo is packing your box and getting it ready to mail. when she gets me the DC# i will post it. probably later this afternoon.
    she marked arrows on the box and said be sure you know to open the end they are pointing at first lol.

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    I need the mailing info on Brandykay, Thanks :)Anita

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello everyone! Carol, I had heard from Renepp and she had some computer problems! So Suzie already mailed to both of hers and renepp thought she was mailing to me! Now she says she guesses she can't because she got an email that said I already had another partner. I would still like to keep her as mine if possible! We had it all figured out I thought. Plmk as now I have none and would love to mail to her! Thanks, Melinda

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

I hope everyone is having a great day!Annie,I'm very excited to be getting my box soon.Seraki,I wish you all the luck with the potty training.As you have boys already,do they ever truly learn how to wet IN the potty?
    Sounds like you got a great box Vic!Later all....

• veeja11
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Remy, please do as you planned, I didn't know susie had sent hers already, sorry please let rennep know, I lost her e-mail. thankyou carol

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Dirt,Your package is flying, and the confirmation number is 0307 0020 0000 3240 0414. Please open the box from the side;do not take the plants out of the ends. I hope you enjoy what I've sent to you as much as I enjoyed picking them out.

Susie, How is everyone your way doing? I want you to know that some of the daylilies you sent are blooming(SO PRETTY)! I will try to catch you on line later this evening.

OK, The outside is calling me. I am enjoying my days off digging in the dirt, and getting dirty!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Dirt, I sent you an e-mail.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Sandy's package was mailed out today, USPS #0307 0020 0004 7460 7914.

Enjoy!

Deb

• shadymeadow
    16 years ago

Thanks Deb, I'll let you know when it gets here. Will try to get your package out soon. We're having a heat wave here...just too hot to be out in the garden. It hit 100 degrees today and in the Pacific Northwest, we are not used to that kind of heat!! We're getting air conditioning installed Friday. Yeah!!!

Sandy

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    I sent my pkg. out to Sarah today, DC # 0303 0130 0000 1798 5783. We decided I would send first and then she would send.

Sandy,
    100 is awful hot for out your way!

Annie,
    Lol! you know you really are a gardener when you think that way about bills.

Vic,
    I'm glad to see you are very happy with your box : )

Have a goodnight everyone,
    Remy

• thegardengeeks
    16 years ago

My wish list
    Can I have an oldie come to my house and tell me what I have here-LOL Sorry-thought I would ask!

Anything would be great. I have very little here. I LOVE Daisies (and anything that looks even remotely like a daisy) and have many Shastas-would love to have things for butterflies. Thanks so much Robbi Kay Hoy

I would love to part of the group!

• smh78
    16 years ago

Good morning everyone! I am opening Remy's box as I type. Let's see...yay!

a nice note...thanks remy
    and I see a coneflower, which I have been wanting
    a cute little baby yucca (aw!)
    GORGEOUS pink asiatic lilies
    a healthy looking spiderwort
    caryopteris seedlings
    a baby rosa glauca
    salvia knockout looking nice and purple
    a centranthus, or jupiter's beard, which I am not familiar with (I look forward to looking it up)
    a serbian bellflower
    a lovely belle de crecy rose,
    and another rose, belle isis (isis was the name of my beloved cat who died of a tumor--i will plant this in memory of her)

and, as if that weren't more than enough, Remy gave me a beautiful book "A Year along the Garden Path"
    and some wonderful-smelling soap

Remy, I can't thank you enough. This is a wonderful wonderful gift. You have been so generous. I am sending out your package this afternoon, and I hope it will contain something you can use.

Yay! I can't wait to put these babies in the ground

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Veeja- I would like to join OBF, if you believe I did well enough in this swap! :O)

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

BOY! AM I SPECIAL OR WHAT? I GOT MY BOX FROM April/Dirt under my nails. and boy that girl knows how to pack a box

In the box was not one bird feeder but two! One for peanuts or sunflower seeds and another to hang on the window.(My kitties love you for this, and the birdies too)

Three Daylilies, DArius, King Lamoni, and Fairtale Pink.

Echinacea- Tennessensis

Dianthus- Tiny Rubies

A Loyal Garden Pet that is soooo cute, and will be a welcome site in the hosta garden ( I hope he likes to eat slugs) IT states that he/she has a happy go lucky nature, is used to children, Not to boisterous and not prone to straying.

Some pretty note cards and envelopes.

I hope I am not forgetting anything, and I will post pictures later today.

April is a keeper in my book, she may be a newbie, but boy can she pack a box. She did a great job in packing her plants, not a single plant was wilted or stressed.

April, I do hope you like the box I sent you as much as I am enjoying your gifts to me. I'm looking forward to you being in our group, (YES,YES,YES) and trading with you in the future.

I will take pics and post them soon.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

AS PROMISED, Here is pics

{{gwi:1282818}}

{{gwi:1282820}}

Now out to plant my goodies!
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• smh78
    16 years ago

I have sent out Remy's package, and I think it should reach her tomorrow. I hope she likes it!

Sarah (smh78)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Annie, so glad you are happy with my box.I truly enjoyed picking stuff out to send. Hope you had fun planting it all.Take care of that garden pet!LOL!

• aggscott
    16 years ago

Hi All~*

I'm new here and this will be my first time with a Seed Exchange. If I do something wrong, please let me know**

Things I am looking for

1. Asters(any type)
    2. Joe Pye Weed(Dwarf)
    3. Button Bush
    4. False Nettle
    5. Blazing Star

I'm a huge Butterfly buff and I am looking for anything that will bring them to my yard.

I do have a couple of things if anyone is interested, please let me know.

1. Hollyhocks(not sure of color)
    2.Mexican Sunflowers(Red/Orange)
    3. Rose Mallow

Aggie
    aggscott105@gmail.com

• boballi
    16 years ago

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Lil Green Thumb!

The package arrived today, and I'm sooooo spoiled!

I got:

Flower Song and Oscar Glads...My First Glads...Yeah!!!
    Mixed Tulips...Excellent
    Hummingbird and US Flag Wind Twisters...Kiddos are already eyeballing these
    Marco Polo Lily...Sweet
    Bitsy Daylily...Perfect
    Coreopsis...How did you know my seeds didn't grow?
    Sedum...Another First!
    Merlot and Sun Coleus...Fantastic!
    Vaseline Lotion...Just what I needed
    Blue Jay Wall Plaque...Very Cute!

Everything looks to be in relatively good shape. The box was damaged, but I think everything should be fine. (Thank goodness our temps dropped 20 degrees this week!)

Thank you once again!

Boballi : )

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

I GOT MY BOX, AND I AM SOOO EXCITED...THANKS AGAIN SUE !!!!

Ok, I am sure I will miss something..but I got a ton of plants..and my hubby already wants them for his area...I told him to do his own swap..tee hee.

I received...candy lily
    honeysuckle
    trumpet vine
    cinnamon fern
    woodland sedum
    rudebekia
    2 unknown plants
    daylilies
    blue beard cryopteris veriagted snowf fairy
    and a few more..

also a cute garden rock that says welcome friends, oh..and a ton of seeds.

Thanks again Sue, and i hope you enjoy what I am sending..I am still working on your box.

I am sorry I wont be posting a picture as some are in the ground already...but I am sooo thankful !

Cant wait to see and hear what everyone gets !!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Annie,THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
    My box just got here & I'm in plant heaven! Inside there is:
    'All Fired Up' Daylily
    'Prairie Blue Eyes' Daylily
    Pink with lime throat Daylily

'Candy Apple' dwarf Iris 'Clarence' Iris 'Congratulations' Iris 'Going My Way' Iris 'Harvest Of Memories' Iris 'Jean Marie' Iris 'Jessie's Song' Iris 'Lemon Chess' Iris 'Ron' Iris Yellow Iris ~~~~~~~~~~~ Liatris spiked Gay Feather

Monarda'Marshall's Delight'

Tall garden phlox 'David' ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Purple Coneflower Also included were plant tags with the names on one side & the year & Annie's name on the other.Now I'll always remeber who gave them to me and when.As if I could forget! I now have iris with NAMES!!((dancing))I love EVERYTHING!!!Thanks again Annie! Now if everyone will excuse me,I'm off to play in the dirt!
  • nyvoices99
    16 years ago

ANYONE-----I NEED MY ADDY FOR MY PARTNER:)HELP!!!:)Anita

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Dirt, I just wanted to let you know I posted on the new thread that Carol started. I will be sending you the rules, if you agree to them then you are in and I will be your big Sis :O) :O)!

So glad to have you in our group and again, I hope to trade with you again in the future. Also thanks so much for the e-card.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• thegardengeeks
    16 years ago

MY wish list...

ANYTHING!!!!!

I would be thrilled with anything at all!!
    Just as long as it works well in zone 4 as that is me :o)!!
    I love red flowes and anything and everything that looks like a daisy!! I do have shasta-but nothing else.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

ALMOST done being a Newbie thanks to a few people here-THANK YOU!!