Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diene_gw

UPDATE: July Princess- ilovefarac

diene
16 years ago

Hello Everyone;

This was a bit surreal, I started to type "Ju" and it finished this heading. She must be destine to be our July princess. I have her questionnaire if anyone needs it but just remember that she reigns supreme for the remainder of July. Enjoy Melinda!! diene

Comments (46)

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Thanks for the great intro! I do plan on enjoying and hope it is a great month for many reasons! Also for everyone else too! Melinda

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Yay! I'm having so much fun getting your box together, Melinda! I hope you have a great month!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Melinda- Your royal goodie box will be heading your way tomorrow! Here's your DC- 03070020000025255458

Enjoy! :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I mean THURSDAY! Because there is NO MAIL tomorrow. DUH! :O)

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I'll be looking forward to it! Thanks for letting me know! Melinda

• amyinms
    16 years ago

Sorry ladies for being absent!!

I dropped a corell plate- you know the ones that arent supposed to break? well it hit just right and shattered and a pieced came back and cut across the back of my hand never felt a thing I just looked down and thought what on earth did we have for dinner that slung that up on my hand?? when I realized what I was looking at THEN it hurt and of course it was my right hand it cut some blood vessels and a nerve but after a trip to patch it up I also had to do some therapy to get half my hand back to funtioning right I wasnt allowed on the computer or in the yard talk about withdrawls all the way around

SO I have found in the last week or so my neighbor sprayed some kind of defoilant on his fence and down our property line which killed off the vast majortity of my plants so I am rather depressed with my garden venture but if it ever cools back off down here I will give it another go and see what happens but until then all I have are a few plants on the porch and a few I had set under a tree near the back door til I could get them in and my roses in the front yard.

Diene- I seen you said we are only going to October? I was November if its good for everyone else to stop in Oct thats okay I can drop mine

Hoep y'all had a good safe 4th
    Amy in MS

• diene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Amy;
    Did not know you were November, sorry, not sure how I missed that. Let me check my records and make sure I do not have you listed for another month. Sorry to hear about your hand. We are happy to have you back and hope you get better soon. diene

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Welcome back Amy! Hope your hand is much better now!
    I got my box from Hazelnutbunny!! Yeah! Was a very nice pick me up! I enjoyed everything in it!
    Had these:
    yellow dinnerplate dahlia
    STrive for a Cure mini flag
    book of inspirational stories of women of faith
    garden gloves
    flowered notepad set
    travel bag with lotion, sugar scrub, conditioner, and body spray and bath glove
    vanilla cream bubble bath
    sachet
    pampering lip balm
    cutest little magnet with cat and princess crown
    nice red wire basket
    and several nice packs of seeds
    I loved everyone one of the items and really appreciate the thought you put into it! Thanks again so very much!
    Melinda
    This princess thing is fun!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I am glad that you like your box of goodies, Melinda! I hope that you can use them all.
    I am sorry that there weren't more plants in there! It's just been raining constantly for the past 3 weeks (well, you are in AR, so you probably know this!!) :O) And my flowers are drenched!! Alot of them are rotting at the base of the stems..and the seedlings I planted are not doing well at all. And I didn't want to send you something that probably wouldn't survive....I'd feel even WORSE then!!

I wish we could send some of this rain up north and out west, where they are needing it so badly.

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Amy,so sorry to hear about your plants and more so about your hand.Hope you heal fast.We had a neighbor a few years back that sprayed along our line and killed my roses dead from the drift.I asked him not to spray the line because I told him it would drift over but he did anyway.It still burns me up when I think about it.

Melinda,Your box is on the way : ))#1950805213907601253968
    Hope you are enjoying your reign!

Hazelnutbunny...I sure wish you could send that rain up here.My garden is..well lets just say..crispy!! No rain for us since May 26th.YUK!!

Have a Great Weekend Everyone : ))
    Nancy

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Yes, hazelnutbunny, I loved my box! Thanks again.
    Cedarnest, thanks for letting me know!
    Yes, I do know about the rain. I think we have had rain for many weeks almost daily. Many of my flowers are trying to bloom then the blooms just fall off black! No seeds either! Many are rotting and some are doing wonderful! Sure hope most of them come back next year!
    How awful about the roses! That is very frustrating. I never use any types of poisons. Used Off spray once on me and the grass where I sprayed it on died, so I only use sulfur powder now for the chiggers and ticks. Works great. Also for mosquitoes! Doesn't hurt the grass or anything it falls on and way cheaper!
    Have a great day everyone! Melinda

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello your highness
    your gift is on the way.
    I don't have a DC# becouse it is something I ordred for you.
    it will be soooooo hot for probubly the next 3 to 4 weeks I could not see sending already stresed plants in the mail, I dout they would do well.
    if you don't like the gift, just send it to me (I'll pay shipping) and I will try to find something elce to send you.
    I realy hope you like it
    michelle

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello Michelle! I am sure I will love whatever it is. The coleus I got from you are just beautiful! That is fine, I understand about the plants! So many people without rain and it so hot-wish could send some of them our rain!
    I have never gotten anything I didn't like!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend! Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Good morning ladies!
    Rec'd a wonderful box from Nancy! Thanks so much Nancy! I loved it all! Red glad bulbs, Freesia bulbs, decorative garden trowel, memo pad, and a lovely mini tea set! I hope I didn't forget anything! Thanks so very much for the great box! I definitely enjoyed it all!! Melinda

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Princess Melinda's package went out today, USPS #0307 0020 0004 7458 0224.

Enjoy!

Deb

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Thanks Debbya! I will be on the look out for it! I am sure I will enjoy another one! This is fun! Melinda

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Melinda,I am happy you liked what I picked for you.Hope you have an enjoyable rest of your reign Princess Melinda : )
    Hugs,
    Nancy.

• diene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Your Royal Highness;
    My paltry offerings were shipped yesterday also. I hope they meet with your approval but remember I am merely one of your lowly subjects. Hope you are having a great month. diene
    PS # 01038555749025693178 not that it means anything.

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I am afraid I have to back out of this swap. I am very sorry, just can't manage to get ahead of things financially and my hubby is going to freak if I keep doing swaps.

I would like to try and play catch up later in the Fall as Don is starting a new job in Sept that should help tons.

I am sorry again for the late notice I was trying to make a way to stay in this but I just can't.

I hope you all have fun and a great Summer.
    Susan

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Good morning ladies! I am sure I will love your box Diene! I have you in my early fall trades as you didn't want any plants right now. Already have your goodies, just will send when you least expect and hope it will be a nice surprise! Haven't forgotten you!
    Susan-I understand! It costs alot to mail things now and I won't miss the box! Glad you got the ones you were to get and hope it made life more bearable on some of the bad days! Take care and let us hear from you when you have time.
    Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great week and things are going good!
    I rec'd two boxes yesterday! Yahoo! And one this am!
    I rec'd a Monarch Waystation Seed Kit from Michelle this am and I LOVE it!! Very nice seeds in it-many I had been wanting! Thanks so much!
    Yesterday I rec'd two great boxes from Debbya and Diene! Both of them great boxes!
    From Diene-impression famoso dahlias, liatris spicata bulbs,mixed ixia bulbs, Carolyn Wharton caladium, Emily
    Mckenzie crocosmia, golden bleeding heart, hosta, astilbe,
    purple siberian iris, marguerite, goldflame spirea, another spirea, lily bulbils, unwind body lotion from Arbonne, and last but not least a painted rock with cabin and light tower on cliff over the ocean!You did a great job painting them! It is gorgeous! Loved each and everyone of them! Thanks so much!
    Debbya sent-Birds and Blooms Magazine, Garden Deck and Landscape magazine, 3 nice Better Homes and Garden magazines, Cooking with Paula Dean magazine (Love these!), Ladies Home Journal Warm Weather Cookbook, Bronze Ajuga groundcover, and succulent ground cover! Also sent a beautiful fairy memo pad! Thank you Deb, I loved each thing and will come in very handy next week when I lay around after surgery ! Always need new magazines to read! Thanks so much to each and everyone of you! I loved everything I rec'd!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• diene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Melinda;
    What is the surgery for? I hope it is something routine and done laproscopically (sp?). Glad you liked the stuff and you can get it in the ground before the surgery or is your injury such that you can't plant anything. Most of that stuff can live for a few weeks in water, just put them in an old bucket with water until you are up to planting them.
    Hope you have a great month. diene

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello Diene,
    As many know my mother passed away last April due to complications of breast cancer. This year my mammogram was bad and found a lump and area of funny tissue. So going to go in on the 20th, put me to sleep and cut out the lump and extra tissue around. If all the tissue around is fine, then will do nothing else. If not will take it one day at a time! The thing with my mother is the tissue around was all cancerous and not the lump. She ended up having a complete very radical mastectomy and was in over 28 lymph nodes. Very agressive cancer.
    But I have alot of people praying and I am being positive. Sure I will be fine. I am planning on going in on the 20th and then not being able to find anything anymore! LOL!
    Anyway I loved all my boxes. Already have your gifts planted. Worked on them this morning before got to warm. I am off this weekend so trying to get things caught up before go. If that ever can be done !
    Melinda

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    Melinda- I very sorry to hear about you condition, a year ago I lost my mother from commplications from chemo, after having her breast cancer removed. it was a hugh shock we were all ready to celebrate that her chemo was over. I will be thinking of you, please! please!please! let us know how it goes.
    wishing you the best
    michelle

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Yes, Michelle, I do understand! My mother had one treatment left and we had so many plans! She was my best friend and I miss her dearly. I thank you again for my gift! I loved it!
    I will keep everyone updated. I am sure it will turn out well! Melinda

• diene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Melinda;
    I just said a prayer for you and you know what they say about the prayers of sinners!! You should be all set now, I talked to God. Attitude is also part of the cure!! diene

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hi Again Ladies,
    Well, my luck runneth over. I was on my way to work yesterday and a lady decided to do a U turn in front of me without looking and BAM! I couldn't stop I hit her doing about 45. Totaled my car, I have a concussion, sprained wrist, neck and back. Spasms and straintened out the curvager of my spine in my neck. I am a mess.

Now we are down to one vehicle and my car was old so probably wont get much for it. Loosing time at work isn't helping either.

Hoping my Fall is going to be better than my Summer has been. Hope you all are doing fine.

Susan in NC

• diene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Susan;
    I would love to be able to somehow make things easier for you but I do not have the words. Please know we are all worried for you and keep in touch. You are still one of our Princesses after all. diene

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Thank you Diene, I appreciate it. I am not going anywhere I will keep in touch.

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Susan, So very sorry that had to happen!Just thankful you are still alive! Seems like when it rains it pours, doesn't it? I will keep you in my prayers and hope that things get easier for you ! Melinda

• diene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello all;
    Just giving this a bump, I wonder how our Princess is doing. Please let us know. diene

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I'm doing just fine! At least for today! I have loved each and everyone of my boxes!
    Go in tomorrow for the surgery. Will know more after that! Hopefully they will get it all and the tissue around won't show any cancer!! I am staying positive.
    Last post for now. Going to head to my daughter's so I can be close for in the morning instead of having to get up at 3 and go early! Like I'll sleep anyway! LOL!
    Talk to all you ladies soon! Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Just wanted to say hello to all the other princesses and let everyone know I appreciate the kind thoughts and prayers sent my way!
    I am fine! They just took a little lump and tissue around was good! It was all encapsulated and just have to do mammogram in 6 months! Yeah! A little sore but that's all! All my panic for nothing! But one never knows!
    Have a nice day everyone! Melinda

• diene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Melinda;
    I am not sure what is going on with this group. They really do not seem to be there. I am so pleased with your prognosis, that was great news. Now that it is over I can tell you I lost my sister to breast cancer in 1998 at the ripe old age of 44. I think of her almost daily and miss her very much. It has made life precious and makes everything else silly.
    I hope you now remember to enjoy each day as if it is your last because life is short.
    Your highness, I am thrilled that your reign is not going to be cut short. diene

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

That is AWESOME news, Melinda! :O)
    It does really put things into perspective, doesn't it?

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Just popped in to check on our Princess and so glad I did.Great News Melinda : )) Now you can breathe a little easier I am sure.Such a weight lifted off of your shoulders.

Diene,so sad about your sister.You are sure correct when you say life is precious.

Princess Melinda I hope you enjoy the rest of your reign : ))
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone! I am sure I will enjoy my month and the ones to follow!
    Diene-I am sorry to hear about your sister! I know it is hard to lose someone so dear!
    As a nurse, I have seen many women with breast cancer in their 20's even! It does happen! A little apprehensive as I have 13 family members who have had breast cancer. Both my maternal and paternal sides have it so it is a little scary when something pops up! But yes, I do take each day one at a time and try to make the best of them when I can!
    Thanks again and hope everyone has a great day today and the ones ahead!
    Melinda

• lindamarie
    16 years ago

I was feeling sorry for myself.....cause I have cracked ribs.....DH is not helping.....kids do not call.....after reading these posts I can see others have more problems than I......I still have BLESSINGS......THANKS....for the new prospective!

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello Lindamarie! So sorry to hear about the cracked ribs! Hope they get better soon, I have been there and it is not fun! And with no hubby there is never any help! But my Dad helps me alot since Mom is gone! But I help him out also! And I certainly know how lonely it is when you want to see your kids or hear from them! They have there own lives and some days you wish you could go back to way things were before they were grown and things were different! But life goes on and we do find blessings in unexpected places! Like the many I have found here at GW with some of the wonderful people here! Hope you and all the other ladies here have a grand and wonderful weekend! Melinda

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello your highness melinda
    I'm very glade to hear you are doing better, I hope you have enjoyed your special month.
    I will be sending out my box early becouse I'm finnishing up the columbine swap for "candycow" and we are leaving on vacation mid aug. so I need to know
    to whom will we be bestowing the crown to next?
    my garden is going great and we have released over 20 butterflys in the last month monarchs, black swallow tails and one buckeye. I have a tiger swallow tail caterpillar, I saw the butterfly fluttering around my apple tree and was thinking what the *^#!#% is she doing, there are not any flowers there? but I watched her a little longer and she layed the egg right in front of me. the little guy hatched about a week ago. we found 3 viceroy (the butterfly looks just like a monarch) caterpillars and they are happily munching on some cherry tree leafs on our front porch.
    my tomatoes are doing so well I have canned 20 jars of salsa and 12 jars of garlic basil tomatoes.
    well thats all for now
    see ya later
    michelle

• diene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good Morning All;
    As much as I have been trying to pay attention to this, I am at a loss as to who is August's princess. Can someone come forward and claim their crown. I think we have still had some fall out but for those of us with the commitment, I would like to see this go forward. If we do not have an August princess left, let us advertise for one. Does that sound like the right thing to do? Let me know.
    diene

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    if no one steps foward for aug I think we should just move up sept or nov. we are near the end now so why not just move someone up.
    that my 2 cents worth
    michelle

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I agree with Michelle. We should just move forward and let September's princess grab her crown a month early. :O)
    But I don't want to cheat anyone out of their month....so I hope if August is out there...she steps up. :O)

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    well I looked back in the posts and this is the best I could figur out
    april -cedarnest
    may - susandnob
    june - diane
    july - iloveforac
    august - debbya
    sept - tracy77
    oct - micyrey
    nov - amyinms

sorry Hazelnutbunny I can't find you, what month were you?
    and I know that susan has droped, has anyone elce left us?
    so if debbya has not droped it looks like she is now our princess.
    michelle

• diene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay, Debbya is August and she is still with us. I believe HNB replaced tracy77. I cannot remember if she dropped out officially or just did not respond to any messages. So we are all set now, HNB, Michell and Amy are all still with us so we will continue on. I will start the next post for DebA.
    Thanks Micrey for your help. diene

• amyinms
    16 years ago

Sorry to be absent for so long :-(

My youngest somehow got a viral infection and ended up in the hospital for most of the month. I gave the box to my dh to mail and I found it today buried under a pile of stuff in his work van it looks like crap so I am going to repack it and try and get it out tomorrow or Tues. Tomorrow is the first day of school here so I may not make it. My schedule is so upside down right now I dont know what to do lol cant sleep from all the time at the hospital its impossible to go sound asleep they always need something at the weirdest hours
    I think this summer goes down as my least favorite ever! Hopefully fall brings better things :-)

Amy in MS